Thanos vs marvel (Who in marvel is same tier as Thanos?

• 59 results
Zane240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zane240

We know characters like Darkseid Mongul hp dd despero etc from DC are comparable but what about marvel

Who are those in marvel that could give Thanos a fight with a 50 50 chance of winning?

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus

Odin

Gorr

Current Namor

Zane240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zane240

@rockette:

Thanos is not in odin tier

Odin is a skyfather and Thanos is a team buster

Thanos could fight odin 10 times and still lose 10

I want something closer

Oh and current namor is on Thanos tier? Based on what?

When u say gor do you mean with or without necro sword

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By phillip33

@rockette: current namor has nowhere near the feats to suggest he’s in the tier you’re putting him.

OT thanos is low sky father, and that’s if we’re putting Odin at the top of skyfather. And darkseid, Mingul, hp doomsday, and despero are only commonly compared to thanks because of their appearance and position in the narratives of the story they appear in. None of those characters stand much of a chance against thanos 1v1.

From marvel the very closest thing to thanos we get IMO is amp’d annihilus. They were more or less on the same level of power, thanos was just a better fighter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squirrel Girl

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rockette said:

Zeus

Odin

Gorr

Current Namor

What?

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zane240 said:

Thanos is not in odin tier

Odin is a skyfather and Thanos is a team buster

Thanos could fight odin 10 times and still lose 10

Where has this skyfather and teambuster thing come from? There wasn’t anything in Marvel indicating these tiers exit, except the Cosmic Hierarchy which is only relevant to cosmic entities only.

Thanos is gonna all the time? Where have you got this from? You are acting like Odin never had an embarrassing lose or anything that would suggest Thanos’s performance was sometime better than his. Thanos is not gonna lose all the ten times. Thanos has face Odin only once, I repeat. And in that instance, he wasn’t even willing to take on Odin as he came there just to ask Odin to cure Thor. Odin was the one who started fighting and was actually willing to kill. Thanos will eventually beat Odin and he is now more powerful than he used to be and Odin never improved since that moment. Also Thanos is not a dumbass, if he actually wants to fight Odin he could win.

What is consistent with Odin that he would beat Thanos?

Thanos usually hangs around with Mephisto who is arguably as powerful as Odin.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Sentry. Classic Odin.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mangog, when he's not dying in the sun.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Multiple people are above Thanos or equal (arguably)to him in terms of overall power. He's below the likes of Skyfathers and Doctor Strange.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam Warlock??

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chad_duby: I have not really been impressed with Current Warlock. Y'know who I just thought of Cosmic Ghost Rider he should be somewhere close to Thanos, but honestly the only person on Thanos Tier is Thanos himself.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: He was getting continually shot by mussels designed to destroy him but he is curently unkillable. Cosmic Ghost Rider should be really close to him, for 1 he killed his alternate self 2 he is holding back all the time and would have actually destroyed several planets by stepping if he hasn’t been doing so and 3 he got a chain to wrap him.

You know according to Stalin no one stands a chance a against him in personal combat because he fought Galactus in a toe to toe combat? It wasn’t actually stated in his battle against upgraded Annihilus.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chad_duby: Yeah, I agree that's why I mentioned Cosmic Ghost Rider. Another mentioned was his Son Thane, but he had the PF force. Really? Stalin said that? I mean I guess, but ok. Do you believe that? What do you think?

Also, someone mentioned Sentry. Do you think Current Sentry could be a contender?

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chad_Duby

@mooty_pass: Yes he did. For me? No I don’t. Galactus would beat him.

I think current Sentry is gonna give a hell of fight to Thanos.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By phillip33

@chad_duby: nah I don’t think CGR stands much of a chance. Yea he killed an alternate version of thanos, but we have to remember that thanos throughout his publication history has received multiple amps, that don’t necessarily translate over to an alternate universe. CHR doesn’t seem like one to be a lackey to someone less powerful than him, and king thanos was implied to be way above his pay grade by killing galactus. And thanos beat crap out of king thanos. The chains do pose a problem though, but if thanos has his shields up, 1 I can’t see why the chains would wrap him up through his shields and 2 I don’t think he has the damage output to affect him much even if he does wrap him up, and thanos has ways to attack even while wrapped up. Namely eye beams and tp.

Now that I think of it I think the pre-Aaron destroyer armor should be pretty close to thanos in every category besides versatility

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skyfather tier

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chad_Duby

@phillip33: Yes I can accept that. That Punisher Thanos would be less than an ant compared to 616 Thanos. Also he didn’t seem to be raised by the same way standard Thanos was so he himself wouldn’t tap into power our Thanos has. Not only that it was stated in Thanos’s own bio that he increased his already-overpowered power by bionic implant and meditation. It was very unlikely for someone raised by Frank Castle to do any of these stuff, especially meditate. But I think the level of power Gr is operating on is potent enough to trouble Thanos. As he spoke it out himself, “Do you know how much I have held back in order to not destroy worlds every time I walked?”. From his speech you can clearly see the s after world, suggesting he didn’t mean that he would damage the Earth by stepping but would have destroyed more than one or multiple planets each time he walks. With that said, he can destroy a planet and more than that with a mere step. That power level would be troublesome even if you are Thanos. He is likely far more powerful than Silver Surfer Because is also amped by Mephisto. Speaking of Mephisto hellish power, he was required to use it against the insects Thanos could not beat alone by Thanos himself.

Not only that but we actually saw him massacring hundreds of Heroes.

In terms of durability he cannot come to Thanos I agree but I think he is more versatile.

Yes sure he could do that, but I don’t think he is gonna start with shields. By the way Gr could dodge his beam and wrap Thanos up. We saw Thanos helpless on the back of Gr’s motorbike. So.

In my opnion, any destroyer is absolute trash to Thanos.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: Yes he did. For me? No I don’t. Galactus would beat him.

I think current Sentry is gonna give a hell of fight to Thanos.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU's Captain Plot Device.

Current Sentry.

Mephisto.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chad_duby: he was helpless and didn’t try anything on the back of the motorbike because ghost rider threatened to use the time stone on him. C Ghost rider even mentions that thanos could use eye lasers, but probably shouldn’t because he had the time gem.

We know the penance stare is not going to work on thanos, and his hellfire hasn’t shown the potency to damage thanos, so aside from the chains, which thanos has multiple ways to work around, thanos is far more versatile in the areas where it counts.

Yea thanos doesn’t always start with shields, it’s about 50/50 there, but in that other 50% of the time that is has eye beams, which were already noted to be a perfectly fine strategy, time stone not included, but also TP, which CGR has exhibited no resistance to.

He has made some impressive statements, but just doesn’t have the feats to back it up yet. We could get more in the future, but for now we don’t really know if he actually has that casual planet busting power.

And the instance with the annihilation wave was just PIS. Thanos wasn’t really being harmed by the insects, and he’s shown capability to unleash devastating aoe attacks in his own right.

Not to mention that CGR got one shotted by surfer, and in the story it was implied that surfer wasn’t even as powerful as either thanos or king thanos.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Ultron, Tyrant (even though we know he's slightly superior they're still on the same tier), a host-less Destroyer, Mangog, Composite Sentry, Phoenix Force Cyclops, etc.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: Gr didn’t use the time gem when he was carrying Thanos back to the future. Thanos was still active but he couldn’t even move. Yeah he did but he was still chained helpless at the back of the bike.

The hell fire was gonna work on Thanos when he first met Mephisto so if GR really tries it Thanos is not gonna resist it like he always does.

It depends on the writer but Gr also could blitz. And if he is wrapped up and shoved to a direction where his beams are not going to hit Gr, what is he gonna do? He wouldn’t do anything. I don’t think tp is gonna work on someone who doesn’t have brain to begin with.

Considering the fact that all the heralds operate at at least planetary tier Gr should be that powerful if not more because he has actually been powered up by Mephisto. Also he destroyed lots of Heroes who were more or less around heralds general tier.

Well, I don’t know about that.

Tow Thanoses were no match to Surfer so that they had to play dirty by stabbing him from behind and severing his arm. If that didn’t happen they would lose.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amped Annihilus, Lord Mar-Vel

Did someone say Odin=Thanos?

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chad_duby: uoure misunderstanding what happened in the comic. CGR didn’t time freeze him, but that’s not what I’m saying. His exact words are “... I have a piece of the time stone. Yeah. So, you wanna **** around and start throwin’ eye lazers? I pause time and wrap you in chains forged from the bones of cyttorak.” This implies that using the eye lazers thanos would be able to both damage ghost rider and cause him to loosen his grip on the bones of Cyttorak. Thanos just didn’t because he knew that all CGR would have to do is pause time and do it over again. He had thanos in check mate because he had the time stone, which he would not have as standard gear.

Who says? He has 1 hellfire feat and it was like small barely country level. And thanos was literally in the middle of the explosion and no sold it.

All of galactus’ heralds vary in power levels, but none of them even come close to blowing up planets simply by walking around.

GR blitzed thanos the first time when he wrapped him in the chains, but thanos didn’t know he had the bones of cyttorak as chains. With very basic knowledge thanos would be prepared for it a second time.

A bunch of alternate universe heroes who’s powerlevels we have no idea about.

They did not need two thanos. That was never the purpose of bringing thanos to the future. Hell Even king thanos knew the silver surfer couldn’t kill him alone, which is the whole reason why thanos was brought to the universe in the first place. King thanos needed thanos there to kill him because no one else out there could even do it.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chad_Duby
cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cergic

@chad_duby said:

@captainsweatpan: I did, in fact I said Thanos > Odin.

Which is silly (since Odin already brought Thanos on his knees without going all out). But to each their own.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: How is he gonna hit Gr with eye beams if he is flipped to differnt direction? That was because the chain didn’t wrap his eyes entirely.. Why would he even mention about the chains if they can’t hold Thanos? Thanos cannot break that chain. Why didn’t Thanos try to blast the chain out when he was being carried back to the future and Gr was busy riding his bike? Simple he couldn’t.

As he stated himself, he always held back and he can manipulate energy so he could just make it harmless towards Thanoses. Barely country level? It can be seen from space.

Gr is an exception because he was also powered by Mephisto, which already made him near herald level in an extent. And that was just one amp. Imagine someone near herald tier recieves another boost that makes normal beings heralds.

Yes but if he is blitzed would he have time to prepare?

They were equivalent to their cannon selves and Gr already stated he could easily destroy them. Gr only knew cannon heroes so based on this fact he can very well do it to cannon heroes as well.

Yes but they didn’t fair that well agaisnt Surfer.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic: Thanos in the past which is not as powerful as he currently is.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By phillip33

@chad_duby: Dude, I’m not saying he could break the chain. You’re still not getting it. The eye beams would hit CGR, and cause him to loosen His grip on the chain, in which case could break free. He Didn’t try anything because CGR HAD THE TIME STONE. He could have freezed time at any point and just resealed thanos in the chains. That’s why thanos didn’t even try. The clear implication is that thanos would have been capable of this had CHR not had the time stone.

A country level explosion would be visible from space.

Yeah but you can’t just headcannon what a combination of the two powerlevels gives him. From only what we’ve actually seen from his powers is that he’s probably around planetary, but he hasn’t shown anything surpassing some of surfers best feats tbh.

Yes

Are there any statements on them beingequivalent to their 616 counterparts? And it’s not like CGR doesn’t have a habit of being cocky. He ran headfirst at a dude who was doing decently against two characters who outclass him horribly, and was effortlessly one shotted. In the case you’re mentioning he just happened to guess correctly as to who’s powerlevels we’re the highest.

Surfer did nothing in that fight except for a couple of blitzes and a big lightning bolt. Neither thanos was injured, merely had their cloths singed off ( which is pretty common for thanos anyway.)

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic: well thanos definitely isn’t better than Odin, but why say Odin wasn’t going all out? Following the context of the entire story and seeing as how he was actively trying to kill thanos while being pissed off, there’s no reason for Odin to have held back against thanos. Yeah he was gonna win eventually, he just wasn’t getting anywhere fast with energy blasts.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: Ok now I understand your point correctly. But if he is flipped to another direction, how is he gonna do that? Gr wasn’t paying any attention. It is best to try first. Nah. While riding a motorbike your are not gonna freeze time.

Hmmm. Fair enough. But that didn’t change the fact that he might have negated the damage on Thanoses.

In my opninion he should be at least 2x Surfer. I meant Thanos wasn’t treating him like shit.

How is he gonna have time to prepare?

They looked exactly like their 616 counterparts so the only way Gr can gauge he could destroy them is from judging his own powerset compared to what these heroes have in their cannon versions. Meaning Gr > Those Heroes. Why do you think he was lucky?

If you look at their faces you will see the impression of fear.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teambuster. Far below Skyfather level.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By phillip33

@chad_duby: thanos can levitate and fly. I don’t think it’d be very difficult for him to maneuver his body into a position where he could point his eyes at CGR. No reason to say he wouldn’t use the time stone on the motorbike that’s rediculous.

Nothing to say he somehow magically covered them in special shields to negate the damage. They were unscathed.

I think he was more than 2 times normal surfer. Way more. Normal surfer can’t even make thanos flinch with his best blasts.

He doesn’t need to prepare. not sure what you’re getting at.

Not necessarily. Having the same power set =/= having the same degree of those powers. Depowered tyrant and full powered tyrant have the same exact power set, yet they are at different levels of power. I’m not saying he was lucky that he won the fight, I’m saying he was lucky that he chose the right fight. Meaning if he had charged into a guy like thanos, like he charged into this fight, or like he charged into the figgt against amp’d surfer, he would get destroyed. My point is that he just thinks he’s really cocky.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#39  Edited By Supermanthor

Thor

Come at me ;)

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By APEX_pretador

Odin, DP Tyrant, Dark phoenix etc

Dadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bdelloidgrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Come at me ;)

Are you baiting people? Nice ;)

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Chad_Duby

@phillip33: Can he? In fact even after Gr’s bike was stopped Thanos took time in order to get out of the chain so clearly it is not easy for him to get out. I didn’t say that. But Gr can’t just rely on using Time Stone app the time. He left Thanos unattended at the back of his motorbike and Thanos still didn’t try to use anything against him. In fact Thanos didn’t even know what the situation was because he was mad.

He can manipulate energy why can’t he do that? Or probably he shield them up.

Then he is gonna be troublesome.

How is he gonna prepare to shield up? I am actually saying Gr would blitz Thanos and cover him with the Dian before Thanos could even think of doing anything.

Sure. Have the same power set =/= having the same degree, but given the only ones he know were the ones with cannon powerset and extent. If he thought he could destroy those heroes it means that he actually knew he was able to destroy cannon heroes as well. Like you knew how to beat this guy and then you encounter another guy who underwent surgery on his face and he looked exactly the same as the guy you faced and know how to defeat before. You thought it was the same guy but he may be not or maybe as strong as the guy. That is my point. If he thinks he can people who look exactly the same as the ones he knows then it means he can beat the ones he knows because he is only experienced with the ones he knows.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rockette said:

Zeus

Odin

Gorr

Current Namor

What?

Namor got a pretty massive power boost recently. Basically he can control water now. Still no where near Thanos level though. Maybe Thor level now.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truemoonchilde: The guy took Thor and Ironman at the same time. Still no clue he is anywhere near Thanos.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truemoonchilde: The guy took Thor and Ironman at the same time. Still no clue he is anywhere near Thanos.

Is Thor still weak right now? I haven't kept up with him recently, but I feel like Thor written correctly should still be able to beat current Namor. A lot of writers seem to forget what Thor can actually do. Still Thanos is clearly a tier above Namor or Thor.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truemoonchilde: I don’t Think he is weak. He is just unworthy of his previous hammer which was destroyed recently. He now has many new hammers. Well in my opinion, he is stronger. Now he knows how to rely on many things other than Mjolnir.

Aaron is taking Thor into the new look which is brilliant for me. He has shown more potential than before. He recently wrecked Odin and was actually called the greatest god ever.

Yes I agree with that.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor:Honestly there is nothing too powerful for MCU because they could just nerf absolutely anything.