Thanos vs Loki

• 76 results
Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cull_obsidian: The reasoning is Gladiator needed to be beat up half to death for Thanos to TP him, besides that he just doesn't have any good TP feats i can think of and i don't think what he did to Regulator Thanos was actually TP and if it was i don't see how anyone could take it seriously, because that would mean he TP'd the strongest being in all of Marvel.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: have you seen thanos' to feat against his universal self recently? I think it's a case of whether Loki can withstand the assault as there is no worry that Loki can do anything to him as he has better defensive to then Loki has offensive

I don't think Thanos can actually TP someone on that power level - hell Adam says as much in the same comic. Rather with Adam's help Thanos gains control of an internal struggle, I think that's quite a bit different from offensive TP.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Cull_Obsidian

@kevd4wg: Sure he had to take control but did that against this level of being via telepathy

No Caption Provided

Universal Thanos only had his concentration broken , he still had to psychically direct ALL back to as it was

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: I don't think that's the same as an offensive telepathic attack though, it's simply Thanos managing to gain control of his own head, which is quite a bit different, but does show that Loki can't take him down in TP.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Why are we debating if Thanos TP'ing himself as TOAA penned by Starlin in his last story before Marvel fired him is a serious feat or not

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Kevd4wg

Why are we debating if Thanos TP'ing himself as TOAA penned by Starlin in his last story before Marvel fired him is a serious feat or not

Cuz it technically did happen

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@kevd4wg: But who would even take that seriously through, it's such a stupid feat that I don't think debating it is even worth the time of day

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: doesn't matter if you don't like it , it still happened , even if it's considered an outlier then that fact can be debated, thus is still worthy of debate , it also has context , so it's not as ridiculous as you make out

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Also dismissing it because you don't like it ISNT an argument, actually counter it , as it did happen , untill then all you have is your preference now that's worthy of being called silly

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@cull_obsidian said:

@professorrespect: doesn't matter if you don't like it , it still happened ,

Under Starlin, who's well known for wanking his own creation beyond reason.

even if it's considered an outlier then that fact can be debated,

Thanos can't even start to TP Galactus without assistance from another decently strong telepath and outright lost to Magus. It's not just a "outlier" it's downright silly.

it also has context , so it's not as ridiculous as you make out

Him being slightly distracted doesn't make the feat any more reasonable. The fact is that it's a stupid feat far beyond anything close to what he's done. I have no preference when the feat consistency states otherwise.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Underfire47

Just so people understand if we were to take the feat literally as Thanos TPing Regulator Thanos that means you could make a base Thanos vs Living Tribunal thread and a valid argument would be Thanos TP's him by that logic, he actually beats every single abstract being in Marvel this way, do people really think this makes sense?

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: that's false I never said he beats him , but him to even have any affect at all is impressive

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47:

Now this about gladiator is not true , he DIDNT say that he could only do it due to his state , lets look at the scan as your obviously misinterpreting it

No Caption Provided

He says "in your weakened state your mind is mine to manipulate" this clearly means that Gladiator won't put up a fight or have any defences , not that this is the ONLY way he could use telepathy on him , if that was the case it would go against his other consistent showings

He basically means in this state it's easier to tp , not that he cant in any other state

@professorrespect:

Under Starlin, who's well known for wanking his own creation beyond reason.

State some instances, I'm pretty sure they while he does like to keep tight control of Thanos that he does actually know his creation better then anyone, including his limitations

Thanos can't even start to TP Galactus without assistance from another decently strong telepath and outright lost to Magus. It's not just a "outlier" it's downright silly.

Before I address the Galactus issue , I want to ask what time did Magus beat Thanos ? Was this in the Thanos and gamora prequel? Even if that was the case this was set way before even the Infinity Quest series so he would have been much much weaker then he is recently

Another thing is that again if you are referring to that series then Magus said that he is not powerful enough to be in Thanos mind unless he was distracted

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now on to the Galactus issue

He DIDNT NEED moondragon , its clearly stated to be diversionary , because he didnt want Galactus to track him through her

No Caption Provided

And here its explicitly said

No Caption Provided

Also the fact that he has communicated via telepathy with Galactus after that WITHOUT moondragons help ,further proves my point

No Caption Provided

Another thing is that this has been revisited and there was no mention of him needing help , it actually says He is powerful enough to challenge Galactus

No Caption Provided

Him being slightly distracted doesn't make the feat any more reasonable. The fact is that it's a stupid feat far beyond anything close to what he's done. I have no preference when the feat consistency states otherwise

Well it provides basis for the feat to happen, don't forget he was actually part of this Thanos , he was trapped inside him and as I said the context is there , this doesn't mean he is universal in tp , just that in terms of this debate he beat Loki pretty easy, it may be an outlier but it happened , it's literally the final feat under Starlin for Thanos , it wasn't some huge fight it just a slight Psychic attack that took advantage of the regulator Thanos not being fully accustomee to the power , also Warlock and Eros had their part

thEonE34gG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos...

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@cull_obsidian: Magus tormented Thanos in prison just fine using his mental powers.

Thanos still needed Moondragon to get into Galan's mind in the first place, hence why she was around. He didn't want her help afterwards, but that doesn't change that fact. He also lost that fight with Galan as well despite getting the first strike off while Galan wasn't even aware.

Being able to TP a being like TOAA despite being nowhere near said capabilities even with a small distraction caused is completely stupid, and can't be used as a quantifiable feat at all, as you already stated that the feat required specific prep and other people assisting Thanos again. It can't be replicated here.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: lol I like how you didn't really address my post , you just picked bits to fit with your view point , what comic did he do that, was it the Thanos prequel

It never says she is needed , BUT it does explicitly state why she was their, use as a VPN and Strictly diversionary, again he has contacted Galactus before without help, I can post scans again, and that she isn't mentioned whereas Thanos is stated to be the one powerful enough

Yeah he needed help but the fact that it did anything means that his offensive capabilities are beyond Loki hence the win

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@cull_obsidian said:

@professorrespect: lol I like how you didn't really address my post , you just picked bits to fit with your view point

No? Your post was those three points. It's better than making a ugly response to a bunch of scans.

what comic did he do that, was it the Thanos prequel

I'm pretty sure it was, through I'm not 100% considering I read through a lot of material, 100's of comic issues per month

It never says she is needed

He needed Moondragon to communicate with Galan in the first place without being detected. A assisted feat.

Yeah he needed help

A understatement and a half considering he needed to be prepped up by Kang, Warlock and Eros and a decent distraction to even start the process. Again, not a feat by himself, even if we could take it as a legit feat in the first place, which it isn't.

but the fact that it did anything means that his offensive capabilities are beyond Loki

Putting Thanos's TP anywhere near TOAA level is completely incorrect considering his offensive TP (feats with TP done without assistance or blocking someone) are-

TP'ing Gladiator and Fallen One when they were already down and out (Glad and Fallen One also have no real feats of resistance against telepathy)

TP'ing Hulk in a shitty Bendis-Force ridden Avengers comic where Thanos turns into a thug that wants to conquer Earth despite having no motivation to do so in the past (this also had Thanos get hurt by Groot....I'll let you figure out if that's also legit or not)

TP'ing regular Drax and making him unable to move. What TP resistance feats does Drax have? Basically nothing.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: the Magus instance was in Thanos vol 3, it was prequest Thanos though.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lopt the treacherous wins

Avatar image for bardadwondergal
BardaDWonderGal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778
deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuillermo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

imquentin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not sure if any of them has shown a remarkable level of TP but pretty sure Titan will resist any kind of TP including the likes of Jean Grey or even Charles. Thanos wins.