• 163 results
#1 Edited by TakenStew22 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

Another day, another Thanos thread. Can the team win this encounter?

Thanos

No Caption Provided

Vs.

Superman

No Caption Provided

Warriors Madness Thor

No Caption Provided

World Breaker Hulk

No Caption Provided

Silver Surfer

No Caption Provided

Classic Drax

No Caption Provided

Annihilus

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Post Crisis/616 versions
  • Thanos can't use TP
  • Annihilus has the Cosmic Control Rod
  • Takes place on an indestructible planet
  • All are bloodlusted, but team is still focused on taking Thanos down
  • Win by death or K.O., no BFR
#2 Posted by phillip33 (4459 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough one. The biggest challenge here for thanos is WBH imo, but as long as thanos can isolate him, deal with the rest of the team and return to him later, I see thanos winning.

#4 Posted by greenroost (1381 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough one. The biggest challenge here for thanos is WBH imo, but as long as thanos can isolate him, deal with the rest of the team and return to him later, I see thanos winning.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#5 Posted by Supermanforever (8982 posts) - - Show Bio

team wins, to many powerhouses.

#6 Posted by TakenStew22 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for supermanforever
#7 Posted by Supermanforever (8982 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by baph (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax and Superman get KO'd right at the start of the fight. Surfer and Thor eventually go down, then it ends up Annihilus and WBH vs Thanos.

They definetly can't kill Thanos, but idk if they'll be enough to KO him.

#10 Posted by 20damon (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

Problem here is that Hulk is bigger problem for his teammates than for Thanos. He seriously could ruin this fight for the team >.>

#11 Edited by TakenStew22 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised some people so far think WBH is the most trouble out of the team here. I personally think he's about equal to Warriors Madness Thor, and Silver Surfer being more powerful than both due to his wide range of abilities and versatility. Too bad he gets his ass beaten by Thanos all the time. XD

#12 Posted by TakenStew22 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon said:

Problem here is that Hulk is bigger problem for his teammates than for Thanos. He seriously could ruin this fight for the team >.>

Yeah, but this time I want him to really stay focused and fight for his teammates.

#13 Posted by 20damon (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon said:

Yeah, but this time I want him to really stay focused and fight for his teammates.

His inevitable gamma bursts may not kill his teammates, but they hinder them a LOT more than they affect Thanos.

#14 Edited by TakenStew22 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon said:
@takenstew22 said:
@20damon said:

His inevitable gamma bursts may not kill his teammates, but they hinder them a LOT more than they affect Thanos.

That might actually give Silver Surfer an advantage because he could potentially amp himself by absorbing the gamma energy radiating from Hulk lol.

#15 Posted by 20damon (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon said:
@takenstew22 said:
@20damon said:

That might actually give Silver Surfer an advantage because he could potentially amp himself by absorbing the gamma energy radiating from Hulk lol.

Rest of them are in serious trouble though.

#16 Posted by TakenStew22 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (4047 posts) - - Show Bio

This is very hard as the team is stacked

But going through the team one by one i find this

1. Thanos has handled a much stronger Hulk Annihilus before

2. Classic Drax has been stomped every time he fought Thanos

3. Smacks Surfer around regularly

4. Aways beats Hulk although this is WBH who Thanos hasnt faced, but would still back Thanos

5. Regularly beats Thor and has actually fought WM Thor and got bored

6. Hasnt faced superman but considering how he fairs against Hulk, Surfer, Thor, Captain Marvel, Hyperion and BRB i think he should be fine

So yeah he can beat these but the trouble is whether the team can work together to bring him down

#18 Posted by XLR87T3 (10201 posts) - - Show Bio

team wins, to many powerhouses.

Brainlet comment and logic

"Odin vs Kaguya, Yhwach, Naruto, Saitama, and Boros"

"team wins, to many powerhouses"

#19 Posted by TakenStew22 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

Should probably add in the rules that even though the team is bloodlusted they're still focused on taking Thanos down.

#20 Posted by MaiitoGuy8 (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#21 Posted by EternalDarkFury (2555 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by cosmic_reign (3679 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Thanos high diff...

...or Team with great teamwork--WBH mvp.

#23 Posted by Supermanthor (21275 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 6/10

#24 Edited by KratoDaManto (894 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmmmm lets see.....

Superqueer is not a threat and gets stomped.

Thanos has already faced Warrior Madness and laughed off his strongest attacks.

WBH would be tough but no threat

Norrin gets 7 shotted

Drax gets 1 shotted

Annihilus gets wrecked as usual.

Thanos wins

#25 Posted by destinyman75 (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

WM Thor is a beast that will be ten times stronger, and much more durable. Given Thor is always the last man standing against thanos time after time I feel he's getting low balled a bit here. Thanos fought Blood N Thunder Thor not WM Thor. The difference being WM Thor we've really not actually seen. He's Ten times stronger so he'll definitely be much harder to out down. Still though Thanos should eventually win one on one. However given this team has. Norin, clark, Annuilis and WBH, Drax I see the team taking a slight majority in a real tough fight. But I can see a case case the other way

#26 Posted by destinyman75 (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian: To be fair That wasn't really WM Thor he fought but Blood AMD Thunder Thor. The difference being WM is strength times ten, B&T was hydrolic strength basically his strength at it's peak non stop. Just wanted to point that out. A true WM Thor has really never been done but B&T was closest to that. And Thanos was only bored because he saw the eventual outcome which easily Thor winning. Which is why he put Thor in a Stasis Field. But would not matter that Thor was even more powerful with the power Gem so your correct eventually The Titan would win one on one, just would take longer. I agree with your analysis

#27 Posted by Kevd4wg (12804 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos, Hulk's gamma bursts essentially make Thor, Superman, and Annihilus(unless he wants to use some energy manip) even less of a non factor then they usually would be, leaving just Him, Classic Drax, and Norrin. Norrin can't really do anything to Thanos without resorting to his hax, which I don't think is likely and while WBH poses a pretty decent threat on his own, we've seen pre-quest Thanos slap around the strongest version of Classic Drax with minor difficulty and few injuries before, so I think I'd side with Thanos

#28 Posted by Supermanthor (21275 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: so you are saying wbh will beat half of his team first

Then Thanos gonna attack rest of them

Possible but lol sounds hilarious

#29 Edited by MarlboroMan (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think any of them can actually damage Thanos. So he should win eventually.

Also why are you guys downplaying Drax like he is the weak link here. He busted a star and no sell Surfer. He might be the most powerful one of his team.

#30 Posted by TakenStew22 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think any of them can actually damage Thanos. So he should win eventually.

Also why are you guys downplaying Drax like he is the weak link here. He busted a star and no sell Surfer. He might be the most powerful one of his team.

Exactly. Also Silver Surfer.

#31 Posted by DemonGod_PABLO (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

I back the team but I don’t see the reason why thanos isn’t allowed TP, he is out numbered 6-1.

#32 Posted by diydeath (2553 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by EcoBlitz (5208 posts) - - Show Bio

Bunch of fodder team here lol. Superman, Classic Drax, Norrin and Annahilus (probably even WM Thor) are all fodder and nothing more, so they have little to no impact on this fight lol. WBH loses

#34 Posted by Pipxeroth (9363 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk solos, Superman solos

#35 Posted by Kirkseven (3089 posts) - - Show Bio

Team, he'd beat any of them 1v1 but he's not taking all of them coming at him in a scenario like this.

@pipxeroth wut. how?

#36 Posted by Batvibe12 (5762 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

#37 Posted by 20damon (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

Team, he'd beat any of them 1v1 but he's not taking all of them coming at him in a scenario like this.

@pipxeroth wut. how?

Again, as i mentioned above, WBH is a bigger problem for his own team than he is for Thanos.

#38 Posted by 20damon (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

WM Thor is a beast that will be ten times stronger, and much more durable. Given Thor is always the last man standing against thanos time after time I feel he's getting low balled a bit here. Thanos fought Blood N Thunder Thor not WM Thor. The difference being WM Thor we've really not actually seen. He's Ten times stronger so he'll definitely be much harder to out down. Still though Thanos should eventually win one on one. However given this team has. Norin, clark, Annuilis and WBH, Drax I see the team taking a slight majority in a real tough fight. But I can see a case case the other way

Could you show some feats of WM Thor? Because the only feat i am aware of from Thor in warrior madness is stalemating a -much- weaker version of Hulk.

#39 Posted by BruceRogers (17610 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon: Thor with pseudo warrior madness beat Silver Surfer and Beta Ray Bill at the same time. I say 'pseudo' because his madness was essentially WM without the long term side effects.

Honestly, I call that instance with insane merged Hulk into question because Thor does not need to be that strong to merely stalemate merged Hulk. Thor was completely depowered before the madness kicked in, so I dont know.

#40 Posted by KanyeCosby (7252 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of this team isn’t a very big threat to Thanos. I don’t know much about Annihilus and his power level, so I can’t say how Thanos would fair against him.

#41 Posted by Pipxeroth (9363 posts) - - Show Bio

@kirkseven: WBH is too physically powerful and Superman is too fast

#42 Posted by Kirkseven (3089 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Pipxeroth (9363 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Reap_ii (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Pimpslap(6)

#45 Edited by destinyman75 (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon: I know what you speak of that was a horrible book. That was semi warrior madness of a already weakend Thor. Closest thing to true warrior madness was Blood N thunder. I can Give you a timeline even the foes he downed in that Arch.

First he stomped three Olympic God's Including Apollo, hades at the Same time.

Then went to outer space were he Encountered and two shot Super skrull

Then he encountered Beta Ray bill and Sif on a planetoid. Bill gave a heck of a fight but Thor kept rising when he fets back up he shattered the planetoid under bill with a hard hammer shot nearly killing bill. Sif wiso bill away.

Then silver surfer arrived to help. At first they talked But Thor wanted to fight. Norrin held back at first but seeing there was no way otherwise Norrin took the gloves off. Then he was turned Into aluminum Foil. Thor displayed a huge amount of power and showcases what he can do while not holding back anymore saying "Witness the power you have so foolishly challgend and is about to kill Norrin when Adam warlock shows up to save Norrin (who in his own words said Adam saved his life). Warlock likewise gets amazed as Thor shows actual skills flipping around faster then lightning and beats him as well Norrin and Adam retreat to go get help which turns out to be Dr strange.

Thor then is suddenly surrounded by the Infinity watch as Pip thought Adam was there and needed help. Thor starts wiping the floor with the entire Infinity watch walking through Moon dragon's mind gem blast like nothing. Punches drax so hard he coughs up the Power Gem. Thor puts it on and they run for the hills so to speak, and go tell Adam and strange Thor just got even more powerful. They wind up thinking the only way to stop him is by getting a very powerful Ally. Winds up being Thanos, who does not like the idea of angry Thor dropped in his lap. They go back and forth stalemate Thanos has a bloodly nose. Thanos sees Thor is fastly adapting to the PG faster then anymore before. So he gets bored knowing the eventual outcome, and puts Thor in a Stasis feild to Immobilize Thor until they can figure out a plan. Dr strange and moon dragon attempt to enter his mind while he's in Stasis but Thor easily beats them in a mental battle. That failing They decide they need to bring Thor to Odin to aid Thor. When they get there Odin and Thanos fight and Odin restores Thor.

That's it in a nutshell. Thor was at peak strength non stop would not go down, tanked blows that normally would have did much more damage. Also showed what he can do unleashed.

It was one of my favorite Arch's only problem with it was the Horrible art. If PG B&T Thor were to fight WBH, hulk would loose I'd say but oh what a battle

#46 Posted by Supermanthor (21275 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#47 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12143 posts) - - Show Bio

WBH is too physically powerful and Superman is too fast

#49 Posted by APEX_pretador (21267 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos 9 shots

#50 Posted by Pipxeroth (9363 posts) - - Show Bio