• 88 results
Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@kidolio said:

Gorr got a lot stronger since his appearance in God of Thunder so he should win the first round pretty easily and the second round is iffy.

But if you were only using God of Thunder Gorr then Thanos both rounds.

He didn't actually. The new feats are "future Gorr", and if you want to use "future Gorr" you should also use "future Thanos" if you want to use those feats, and Thanos stomps again.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Gorr unlocks his full potential as he did in King Thor, he stomps.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have seen what Thanos full potential is as well, and it is above that of Gorr...

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@tonystark6999 said:

We have seen what Thanos full potential is as well, and it is above that of Gorr...

Except, Gorr was fighting King Thor at a Multiversal scale. Most of Thanos' FULL POTENTIAL feats happened off-panel without having any solid context.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gorr

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@tonystark6999 said:

Except, Gorr was fighting King Thor at a Multiversal scale. Most of Thanos' FULL POTENTIAL feats happened off-panel without having any solid context.

Read my previous posts. The new story is "Future Gorr" not actual Gorr. Heck, it's probably just a possible future. Using those feats is like using SP1M in all Superman threads. And, of course, it would be like using Future Thanos. And Future Thanos has done so much crazy shit i would say he stomps Gorr into the ground.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TonyStark6999

@chimeroid said:
@tonystark6999 said:
@byondeon said:
@tonystark6999 said:

Read my previous posts. The new story is "Future Gorr" not actual Gorr. Heck, it's probably just a possible future. Using those feats is like using SP1M in all Superman threads. And, of course, it would be like using Future Thanos. And Future Thanos has done so much crazy shit i would say he stomps Gorr into the ground.

What do you mean by 'Actual Gorr'? Current Gorr? He is presumed dead. SP1M is a super-amped version of Supes. Future Gorr didn't have any amps or augmentations like SP1M or Thanos.

Most of the future Thanos' feats never had any context as they happened off-panel. Thanos doesn't have any multiversal feats.

Even if we consider the versions you are talking about, Gorr still wins by scaling above Old King Thor, who evenly fought a fed Galactus and Thanos was almost killed by a starving Galactus.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot has changed since I last responded to this 6 years ago. As of now, I'd change to:

R1: Gorr (assuming he has all black necrosword)

R2: Thanos

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr takes r1 I’m not sure about 2

HukO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr stomps

HukO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HukO

@tonystark6999: you are better off ignoring Byondrn

Dude always wanks his favorites

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huko said:

Holy shit... Stating facts now is wank? I didn't know.

We know from the comics that Thanos Wins was Thanos unleashing his full potential and we don't even know if Gorr in King Thor is canon to current Thor or if it's an alternate timeline, just like King Thanos was after Thanos decided to steer from the path to what King Thanos had taken.

HukO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

> byondeon

> Stating facts

Pick one

HukO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: instead of big talk post So called canon feats of full potential thanos

Then I will decide myself who will win?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr won easily at God Butcher, Gorr stomps now with no effort.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:
@tonystark6999 said:
@byondeon said:
@tonystark6999 said:

What do you mean by 'Actual Gorr'? Current Gorr? He is presumed dead. SP1M is a super-amped version of Supes. Future Gorr didn't have any amps or augmentations like SP1M or Thanos.

Most of the future Thanos' feats never had any context as they happened off-panel. Thanos doesn't have any multiversal feats.

Even if we consider the versions you are talking about, Gorr still wins by scaling above Old King Thor, who evenly fought a fed Galactus and Thanos was almost killed by a starving Galactus.

Actually, Gorr had a super amp, did you actually read the story? because the universe died, Necro Sword feasted and grew to the size of the universe. That was explained on panel.

Anyway, Gorr has very good durability feats and a tiny bit of versatility, but he lacks in so many areas it's insane. He is basically just a brute

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TonyStark6999

@chimeroid: Where was the amp? I read the story, but I do not recall any of that. Could you show evidence? Yes, the Universe died, in the sense, it was devoid of life (except Earth), it's durability or fabric wasn't weakened, the Universe never lost its 11 Dimensions and Gorr was affecting the Multiverse, not only the Universe.

An incomplete version of Necrosword can one shot Celestials, Gorr with the complete sword will do far worse to Thanos, who is a fodder to Galactus and Celestials.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonystark6999:

No Caption Provided

Essentially

Necrosword has been busy feeding

Feeding like a maggot on the dead tissue of this universe

Feeding and Growing

That's what made Necrosword universal.

Also, i don't remember any multiversal feats from Gorr in this story. It was strictly universal.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonystark6999: As for future thanos, correct me if i'm wrong, but i seem to remember King Thanos one-shotting OK Thor. The same guy that killed future Gorr.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By ProfessorRespect  Online

@chimeroid: Actually, the author of the Old King run (Jason Aaron) did state that he intended for Gorr and Thor to be multiversal in their fight and apologised for not having the art accurately show it.

OT: Gorr has far better potency with his All-Black. Thanos can't defend against it for every long, and any cut will eat him up from the inside. Add constructs that take Thor hours to finish fighting, and you've got a big problem for him. There's too much to deal on his end.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Actually, the author of the Old King run (Jason Aaron) did state that he intended for Gorr and Thor to be multiversal in their fight and apologised for not having the art accurately show it.

OT: Gorr has far better potency with his All-Black. Thanos can't defend against it for every long, and any cut will eat him up from the inside. Add constructs that take Thor hours to finish fighting, and you've got a big problem for him. There's too much to deal on his end.

My issue with that is that it wasn't only the art that was the problem. It was the statements. They said "this universe" tons of times and Gorr's "big move" was pushing Thor into a black hole. He might have had grandiose ideas, but he didn't go through with them.

And again, this is future, amped Gorr, future Amped Thanos is the one that casually oneshot Galan, and more importantly, casually oneshot Old King Thor. The same Thor that killed Gorr. It is a bit of ABC, but it's ABC that works.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ProfessorRespect  Online

@chimeroid said:
@professorrespect said:

My issue with that is that it wasn't only the art that was the problem. It was the statements. They said "this universe" tons of times and Gorr's "big move" was pushing Thor into a black hole. He might have had grandiose ideas, but he didn't go through with them.

And again, this is future, amped Gorr, future Amped Thanos is the one that casually oneshot Galan, and more importantly, casually oneshot Old King Thor. The same Thor that killed Gorr. It is a bit of ABC, but it's ABC that works.

Yeah yeah I know what you mean. When I was making Gorr's Respect Thread, I got confused with the consistent mention of "universe" or whatever and intentionally believed it to be so until I was informed of Aaron's mistake. Marvel seem to be strangely obscure with their usage of universe, multiverse, omniverse, etc and use them interchangeably.

I mean, future Thanos also was one shotting Celestials with Black Bolt, who can't even kill high tiers while screaming, so there's obviously some dumb stuff going on there. I'm not even sure how future Thanos would kill Gorr considering he was essentially connected to the very multiverse and destroying him required destroying most of it, to the point that Thor had to hold back entropy itself shortly afterwards.

doctor223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless thanos get items like hotu.Otherwise Gorr still take this even thanos with his tech

ecu4awhile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the King thanos run, while entertaining, made ZERO FUCKING SENSE. Black bolt killing Celestials? GTFO. Thanos one shotting OK THOR and galactus? GTFO. Almost losing to surfer with Mjolnir? GTFO. Losing to his younger self after those feats? GTFO.

I love Thanos and will defend him at all costs, but the King Thanos run was fucking rediculous and needs to be retconned immediately. you cant just go around slaying Celestials and not provide ANY CONTEXT.

Gorr Butchers Thanos without prep 10/10. With Prep, as always Thanos takes the majority.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why Gorr's feats with OKT wouldn't count... that's still 616 Gorr.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 TakenStew22  Online

Gorr already had a chance to win then, he godstomps now.

NicolascageGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By NicolascageGOD

Gorr wins against Thanos in round 1 and loses in round 2.

Also king Thanos' feats and that entire run is hella inconsistent and ridiculous in every sense. Thanos kills everyone including the living tribunal , black bolt apparently can kill celestials, Silver surfer beats Ghost rider and Thanos with mjolnir, king Thanos gets beaten up by by younger Thanos. It was all over the place

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:
@professorrespect said:

Yeah yeah I know what you mean. When I was making Gorr's Respect Thread, I got confused with the consistent mention of "universe" or whatever and intentionally believed it to be so until I was informed of Aaron's mistake. Marvel seem to be strangely obscure with their usage of universe, multiverse, omniverse, etc and use them interchangeably.

I mean, future Thanos also was one shotting Celestials with Black Bolt, who can't even kill high tiers while screaming, so there's obviously some dumb stuff going on there. I'm not even sure how future Thanos would kill Gorr considering he was essentially connected to the very multiverse and destroying him required destroying most of it, to the point that Thor had to hold back entropy itself shortly afterwards.

Honestly, i still don't buy that it's multiverse instead of universe. You would have to have some real hard evidence to show that the necrosword ate multiple universes to grow. We know it ate this one, but we would have to know that other universes were in just as bad a shape as this one. There are no indications of that at all. Maybe it's multiversal in power in a sense, he became a universe, but it took multiversal power to kill him.

Also, can i see the statement from Aaron?

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again if we’re just using Gorr in his God of Thunder run then I can argue Thanos wins both rounds.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@chimeroid said:
@professorrespect said:

Honestly, i still don't buy that it's multiverse instead of universe. You would have to have some real hard evidence to show that the necrosword ate multiple universes to grow. We know it ate this one, but we would have to know that other universes were in just as bad a shape as this one. There are no indications of that at all. Maybe it's multiversal in power in a sense, he became a universe, but it took multiversal power to kill him.

Also, can i see the statement from Aaron?

I had it shown to me during the Gorr RT, so just check that out in the comments.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TonyStark6999

@chimeroid said:

@tonystark6999:

No Caption Provided

Essentially

Necrosword has been busy feeding

Feeding like a maggot on the dead tissue of this universe

Feeding and Growing

That's what made Necrosword universal.

Also, i don't remember any multiversal feats from Gorr in this story. It was strictly universal.

Yes, all of that done under his very own power. The author used the Universe as a substitute for Multiverse, just like how Al Ewing used Omniverse as an alternative for Multiverse in Ultimates.

Thor implied that Gorr was threatening all the universes TWICE. So did Marvel's official website and the writer.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonystark6999: As for future thanos, correct me if i'm wrong, but i seem to remember King Thanos one-shotting OK Thor. The same guy that killed future Gorr.

Yes, King Thor killed Gorr by unlocking his inner potential. King Thanos storyline was wildly inconsistent.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By TonyStark6999

@byondeon said:
@huko said:

Holy shit... Stating facts now is wank? I didn't know.

We know from the comics that Thanos Wins was Thanos unleashing his full potential and we don't even know if Gorr in King Thor is canon to current Thor or if it's an alternate timeline, just like King Thanos was after Thanos decided to steer from the path to what King Thanos had taken.

King Thor is an alternate future, just like TOBA Hulk, King Thanos, Venom: The End, etc. They are canon.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonystark6999: So One-shotting Old King Thor, a future version of 616 Thor and the one that beat Gorr isn't...

Above Gorr?

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By TonyStark6999

@byondeon said:

@tonystark6999: So One-shotting Old King Thor, a future version of 616 Thor and the one that beat Gorr isn't...

Above Gorr?

Yes, because King Thor unlocked another deeper potential after Gorr came back again, same King Thor was able to prevent Oblivion from consuming the Multiverse.

King Thor, who fought Gorr>>>King Thor, who fought a wildly inconsistent Thanos.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huko said:

Lol

HammerX

Forum Posts