Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Killemall

current Thanos? he would lose.

Pre Avengers Assemble, lets get back to Jim Stalin for suing us retcon version of Thanos would win.

Also doesnt Superman beat Zod in the same issue you have posted the scans from????

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Thanos curbstomps with ease

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By laflux

Yeah apart from Mind Control, Current Thanos loses.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Killemall said:

Pre Avengers Assemble, lets get back to Jim Stalin for suing us retcon version of Thanos would win.

Also doesnt Superman beat Zod in the same issue you have posted the scans from????

@laflux said:

How the heck does Thanos lose? He destroys Zod.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod would literally make Thanos cry and kneel before him.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By YoungJustice  Online

Assuming this is Pre-AA.

Thanos wins.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Killemall

@jeanroygrant said:

thanos and his powers have been retconned in Avengers Assemble to the point Hulk and Groot were both able to hurt him, make him bleed and break his tooth. So Thanos neither has strength to show for, speed or durability to contend with Superman level being.

We all know how Zod vs Thanos before the Avengers Assemble retcon would go though.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By laflux

@jeanroygrant said:

@Killemall said:

@laflux said:

He was woefully downgraded in AA.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Killemall said:

@jeanroygrant said:

thanos and his powers have been retconned in Avengers Assemble to the point Hulk and Groot were both able to hurt him, make him bleed and break his tooth. So Thanos neither has strength to show for, speed or durability to contend with Superman level being.

We all know how Zod vs Thanos before the Avengers Assemble retcon would go though.

Hulk is as physically strong as a krypotanian though.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jeanroygrant

@laflux said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Killemall said:

@laflux said:

He was woefully downgraded in AA.

I see.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Onemoreposter

For Tomorrow was such a bawesome story. I don't know why people didn't like it more.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bigcimmerian

Thanos wins, effortless curbstomp.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BigCimmerian: Probably not the current Thanos. Older Thanos stomps, but not the new one.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Killemall

@jeanroygrant said:

Yeah but Groot ( a f#$%ing tree) hurt him, so did captain America =( to a point he lost his tooth. I mean come on, we know you hate Starlin, but what about we loyal marvel readers who absolutely adore and have been adoring the mad titan for like forever.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By laflux

@Killemall said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Yeah but Groot ( a f#$%ing tree) hurt him, so did captain America =( to a point he lost his tooth. I mean come on, we know you hate Starlin, but what about we loyal marvel readers who absolutely adore and have been adoring the mad titan for like forever.

ROFLMAO. At least now if Thanos comes after me all I have to do is stand next to a Chestnut tree full of squirrels, and I'll be fine :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: A chestnut tree with squirrels would easily protect you against multiversal level beings.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant said:

@Killemall said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Uh, no.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Killemall

@P0rtal said:

Uh, no.

An average Kryptonian i would say yes.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jashro44

@Killemall said:

@jeanroygrant said:

You sure there was a retcon and it wasn't just Bendis? The guy doesn't have the best track record when it comes to power levels....At least form the bit I have seen anyways...

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DocFatalis

Bendis, you atrocity, i will never forgive you and won't buy a single thing you write from now on.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By laflux

@DocFatalis said:

Bendis, you atrocity, i will never forgive you and won't buy a single thing you write from now on.

I have to say he doesn't have the best track record when writing teams.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Killemall

@jashro44 said:

You sure there was a retcon and it wasn't just Bendis? The guy doesn't have the best track record when it comes to power levels....At least form the bit I have seen anyways...

Well you can call it PIS but would you consider the whole series PIS not to mention it actually doesnt even say how Thanos reached to 616 universe or why some of the Avengers didnt even seem to know who Thanos was. Add to that the fact that Thanos couldnt distinguish a real cosmic cube from fake, choose to go after a cosmic cube when he could have had ultimate nullifier or infinity gauntlet, shows he isnt as smart now as he used to be. Also add to the fact that he was immune to molecule manipulation yet cosmic cube wraps him against his wishes.

I think calling all these instances PIS and saying Bendis sucks (which to me, in this instance really really did) i am more inclined to say its a retcon.

Also weird part was, i myself asked Bendis and Tom Breevroot on formspring whether avengers assemble was canon or not and if so, how is starlord still alive and how is thanos on 616, the answer i got from both was it is canon and wait till the story ends, all will be explained. Story ended and there is absolutely no explanation o_O.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sideslash

@laflux said:

@Killemall said:

@jeanroygrant said:

ROFLMAO. At least now if Thanos comes after me all I have to do is stand next to a Chestnut tree full of squirrels, and I'll be fine :D

A tree AND squirrels?

CURBSTOMP

That's just not even fair.

------------------

Current Thanos loses

REAL Thanos wins.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sideslash

@Killemall: Boy, go get them answers.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Killemall

@Sideslash said:

@Killemall: Boy, go get them answers.

They are not on formspring anymore, and i could only ask them question for a short period (i.e. a week) they were on formspring =(

I am a huge Thanos fan, and till date have read everything published on Thanos (comics, bios, strips) both canon and otherwise, and to be its just so unfair to retcon Thanos just to fit him to the movie version or likely because Starlin was about to sue them and they decided to downgrade his star character. It sucks!

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sideslash

@Killemall: Surely there's SOME way to ask them sh!t...

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Killemall

@Sideslash said:

@Killemall: Surely there's SOME way to ask them sh!t...

How and where? I dont know of any and at times they dont even answer . Because at one point i ask who is officially considered the creator of 616 universe coz there are 4 different creator according to comic history, yet no answer.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sideslash

@Killemall: IDK man...

You know what I think? They're stupid/incapable of writing characters accurately/childish (if it is about them being sued by Starlin).

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jashro44

@Killemall said:

@jashro44 said:

Well you can call it PIS but would you consider the whole series PIS not to mention it actually doesnt even say how Thanos reached to 616 universe or why some of the Avengers didnt even seem to know who Thanos was. Add to that the fact that Thanos couldnt distinguish a real cosmic cube from fake, choose to go after a cosmic cube when he could have had ultimate nullifier or infinity gauntlet, shows he isnt as smart now as he used to be. Also add to the fact that he was immune to molecule manipulation yet cosmic cube wraps him against his wishes.

I think calling all these instances PIS and saying Bendis sucks (which to me, in this instance really really did) i am more inclined to say its a retcon.

Also weird part was, i myself asked Bendis and Tom Breevroot on formspring whether avengers assemble was canon or not and if so, how is starlord still alive and how is thanos on 616, the answer i got from both was it is canon and wait till the story ends, all will be explained. Story ended and there is absolutely no explanation o_O.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Bendis messed all that up...Its probably best to get confirmation.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Killemall

@jashro44 said:

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Bendis messed all that up...Its probably best to get confirmation.

To be honest both Bendis and Tom Breevroot said there was no retcon, but that doesnt change the fact that Thanos clearly was in his classic power level, perhaps even below (given hits from Thor, Iron Man, Vision and Beast while hurt him didnt make him bleed, in fact he managed to knock out 3 of them). So i think i will just wait for the next Thanos issue to show up and if he is back to his say Thanos Imperative power level, or heck even close to say his power level from say Infinity Wars then i would call this PIS. To be calling an entire series PIS seems a little off.

But yeah after AA, i am totally joining the whole Bendis is an a$$ crusade.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thanosii

does anyone realise that avengers were powered by elders in that comic they could very well take on zod plus jla

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jackofspades

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Thanos curbstomps with ease

this

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Spartan101

@Killemall said:

@jeanroygrant said:

this

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Avengers had help from the Elders of the Universe sooooo....... yeah Thanos still stomps.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Killemall

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

The Avengers had help from the Elders of the Universe sooooo....... yeah Thanos still stomps.

there was actually nothing stated if the Elders actually amped them up and the only thing we have is Iron Man stating this

No Caption Provided

and Thanos was severely hurt by Captain America's shield throw.

No Caption Provided

I am a huge Thanos fan but i dont think we should turn that showing around, either its a massive PIS (f$%k you Bendis) or its an apparent retcon to what happened against say Molecule Man. I am leaning towards the latter.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well what you say is true there is no proof that they weren't amped either. I choose to believe they were amped due to the fact that Cap an Groot could even hurt him at all. This series still feels like massive PIS an not canon. I read issue 8 an Hulk is nowhere near his Marvel Now self. If this is continuity it's not the current continuity of Marvel Now. I believe this series is for people that liked the Avengers movie an caters to those fans.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By laflux

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Well what you say is true there is no proof that they weren't amped either. I choose to believe they were amped due to the fact that Cap an Groot could even hurt him at all. This series still feels like massive PIS an not canon. I read issue 8 an Hulk is nowhere near his Marvel Now self. If this is continuity it's not the current continuity of Marvel Now. I believe this series is for people that liked the Avengers movie an caters to those fans.

They didn't looked amped to me tho.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

I thought Avengers Assemble was just a really bad non-canon movie cash/tie-in.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By THORSON

the titan wins

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux just because they don't look amped doesn't mean they are not amped.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By Saren

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Well what you say is true there is no proof that they weren't amped either.

This is fairly ridiculous logic.

Sorceror_Swift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sorceror_Swift

@CitizenBane said:

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Well what you say is true there is no proof that they weren't amped either.

This is fairly ridiculous logic.

More ridiculous than:

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@laflux just because they don't look amped doesn't mean they are not amped.

?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MAZAHS117

Other than Bendis saying so, do we actually have any proof that Avengers Assemble is actually canon and part of 616 continuity?...I'm seriously starting to believe it is just a side cash-in on the Avengers movie (one look at the main roster will tell you that)...Until I get some proof this is THE Thanos we all have known over the years, I'm giving the fight to him

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Killemall

@SHAZAM117: Tom Breevroot said its canon as well.

No Caption Provided
Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hyper_God

@Killemall said:

wait till the story ends, all will be explained.

You shouldn't have gone there . I have lost count of the number of times Brevoort has used the "wait and see" response on his formspring page . With the way that guy trolls ardent comic book fans , his comments should have no merit in a Battleboard .

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Citizenbane what's ridiculous about my logic exactly? I think you are misinterpreting what I was saying. I agreed with Killemall in that it is not stated that they are amped but they do acknowledge that they received help from the Elders of the Universe. What that entails is anyone's guess, but it could mean that they were amped by the Elders.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By Saren

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@Citizenbane what's ridiculous about my logic exactly? I think you are misinterpreting what I was saying. I agreed with Killemall in that it is not stated that they are amped but they do acknowledge that they received help from the Elders of the Universe. What that entails is anyone's guess, but it could mean that they were amped by the Elders.

It could also mean that they received a good old fashioned pep talk from the Elders, and there's no proof that it was anything more than that, is there?

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Scoceror_swift so when a characters amped they have to look a certain way? I think that logic is ridiculous. Last time I checked characters don't always have to look amped to actually be amped. Avengers Assemble is fool of PIS, so continuity(can anyone explain where the hell Star-Lord came from? I thought he was lost in the cancer verse with Nova an Thanos) not to mention Hulk is different from Aaron's series. Like I said before I think this book is geared more towards the movie franchise an was a cash grab. But whatever. At least Bendis is off of it now.