Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
#2 Posted by deactivated-1351355 (5579 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

Zatanna being the main reason.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
#3 Posted by deactivated-5aeee927346fb (1531 posts) - - Show Bio

ON EROM SONAHT

#4 Posted by P00TY (5781 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says she should have exploded Thanos heart. Or entered his eye sockets and burned them out. And considering her power level... I think she could. Women win

#5 Edited by Delta16807 (482 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I am going to have to go with the team on this one, and because spectrum as P00TY said. And she really has threatened to burn his sockets out, which is hilarious :) And also the team all on top of it.

But considering the other comments, would Zatanna really be able to just say "ON EROM SONAHT"? Even ignoring the fact she probably doesn't lead with that in character.

Just doing a bit of looking around, and it seems that Thanos has beaten the likes of Loki, battles Strange (but I can only seem to find a scan of him winning with the IG, which isn't here), has beaten Adam Warlock. Even the mystical blackheart (though, I suppose not something akin to a pure 'magic' user):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even studying and mastering a bunch of magic/ dark arts himself:

No Caption Provided

He doesn't seem to primary in magic, but I don't think quantifying him in the category of superman as 'there is magic, thus he loses and can turned into a duck or just die without any hope' is entirely fair. My question to is how well does Zatanna fair against some of the other magic users Thanos has crossed paths with?

#6 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16802 posts) - - Show Bio

The team. :)

#7 Posted by MightyKalEl (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

#8 Posted by Cosmic_Templar (2571 posts) - - Show Bio

Team with low diff

#9 Posted by P00TY (5781 posts) - - Show Bio

@delta16807: I was​ hesitate to think Zatanna could erase him existence or turn him into a duck also. But seeing as how Thane was able to "freeze" him. I think she could do that

#10 Edited by BruceRogers (17450 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has resisted reality warping. Has Zatanna's magic worked on a being as powerful as him before?

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#11 Edited by SupremeGeneration (11922 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has resisted reality warping. Has Zatanna's magic worked on a being as powerful as him before?

They've worked Despero in the past, that's the closest I have.

#12 Posted by Sy8000 (35461 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodlusted Zatanna could solo.

#13 Posted by BruceRogers (17450 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: @supremegeneration: Even though she did affect Despero, can she really put Thanos down?

What stops him from just blasting her or TPing her?

#14 Posted by oceanmaster21 (15356 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#15 Posted by katrurius17 (1205 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by AbelHsu (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning towards the team...

#17 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#18 Posted by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

Just doing a bit of looking around, and it seems that Thanos has beaten the likes of Loki, battles Strange (but I can only seem to find a scan of him winning with the IG, which isn't here), has beaten Adam Warlock. Thanos has crossed paths with?

Thanos without the Infinity Gauntlet, or Heart of the Universe, has never fought either Loki or Strange. So yeah he hasn't beaten either, as far as I am aware.

Even the mystical blackheart (though, I suppose not something akin to a pure 'magic' user):

Thanos in his entire history has never been said or shown to be particularly vulnerable to magic, those scans however don't do justice to Blackheart.

The scan is from Deadpool vs Thanos # 3 and in the said story Mistress Death was trapped outside Eternity, which caused the hell-lords to grow weaken. We would expect, given the circumstances (with Mephisto saying this 2 pages before the fight) you would expect that would have affected Blackheart's powers.

#19 Edited by Sy8000 (35461 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: @supremegeneration: Even though she did affect Despero, can she really put Thanos down?

What stops him from just blasting her or TPing her?

Sure. I mean Despero was completely immobilized to the point of not being able to process a though into order to use telepathy. Thanos didn't resist reality warping it ripped him apart. He just endured it enough for it to wear off.

She makes it so all his attacks are reflected back at him.

#20 Posted by APEX_pretador (20923 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers:

Thanos would probably resist her and blast her to hell.

And she is the only one who matters here (idk about revan)

#21 Posted by Nathaniel_Adam (3747 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by green_skaar (12409 posts) - - Show Bio

@p00ty said:

Spectrum says she should have exploded Thanos heart. Or entered his eye sockets and burned them out. And considering her power level... I think she could. Women win

She already did this and didn't turn out well for her.

To address the OP, Thanos

#24 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Delta16807 (482 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Well, what do you think of the battle itself, and specifically Zatanna v Thanos then?

#26 Posted by Delta16807 (482 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar:

That would be a good scan to see, do you have it or the name of the issue it was in?

#27 Posted by BruceRogers (17450 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by BruceRogers (17450 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by mr-luxcipher (7593 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Sy8000 (35461 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Does she have the reaction time to do so?

She's bullet timed. It's not like Thanos has speed feats.

#31 Posted by BruceRogers (17450 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Yeah but at the same time I have seen her get blitzed by street levelers. And dodging bullets doesnt mean she can deflect energy blasts

#32 Edited by Sy8000 (35461 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Yeah but at the same time I have seen her get blitzed by street levelers. And dodging bullets doesnt mean she can deflect energy blasts

She didn't dodge them she transmuted them after they'd been fired. Street levelers blitzing her just means they're very fast. Thanos' blasts have no speed feats.

#33 Posted by green_skaar (12409 posts) - - Show Bio

Was in Ultimates (forget issue number off hand), mr-luxcipher beat me too it.

@green_skaar:

That would be a good scan to see, do you have it or the name of the issue it was in?

@delta16807: I believe these'd be it.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

#34 Posted by BruceRogers (17450 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Huh?. Those are energy blasts so they would be moving lightspeed or close. What speed feats do you need?

#35 Edited by thanosii (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

This pits a whole new meaning to THANOS PIMP SLAPS

#36 Posted by destinyman75 (14684 posts) - - Show Bio

Will be very hard but The combination of powers here should be enough to beat even the Titan

#37 Posted by P00TY (5781 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: I heard about that. But now that I see it....It don't add up. They make it sound like it was a TP battle. She was saying it was "dark, empty". Then she said " his mental energy". And did she start attacking because Thanos had enough time to complete an entire sentence??

Spectrum has overloaded Kang the Conqueror armor which Avengers couldn't dent. She overloaded killer robots from another dimension that KOed Thor during Avengers Infinite. She became a pettawatt laser in Next wave. If she's going at light speed and full power.... That's not what should happen. Still, thanks for the scans

#38 Posted by Lord-Parallax (4503 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

inb4 Wonder Woman solos.

#39 Edited by Sy8000 (35461 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Huh?. Those are energy blasts so they would be moving lightspeed or close. What speed feats do you need?

Lasers in comics get reacted to all the time. Unless there's a clear statement of them being light speed we can't assume they are.

#40 Posted by BruceRogers (17450 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord-parallax: Does Thanos have neck feats and 1000 years of experience?. No?

Checkmate

#41 Posted by Lord-Parallax (4503 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Thanos has a helicopter with blades though.

Guess who has a weakness to piercing damage?

#42 Edited by BruceRogers (17450 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: True but they are aim dodged since the tells of firing a beam are blatantly obvious. Thanos can just launch an aoe attack or a TP attack. The former will kill her and the latter can at least throw her off (I am asuming she has some pretty good TP resistence). Even his eyes beams can do the job.

Now of course,she does have her teams helping her, but I dont see how she solos

#43 Posted by BruceRogers (17450 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord-parallax: So he throws the Thanos copter at her. But does the copter have neck feats?

Checkmate again

#44 Posted by Lord-Parallax (4503 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Ah, but she was oneshot by Superman who can't harm Deathstroke who was stabbed by Green Arrow.

Thanos fought Spiderman who oneshot Galactus.

Thanos >>>>>>>>> Wonder Woman.

#45 Posted by BruceRogers (17450 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord-parallax: No neck feats, no victory. You just hate her godliness

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
#46 Posted by deactivated-59dfd33ed3601 (5575 posts) - - Show Bio

Zatanna solos

#47 Posted by cosmic_reign (3585 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

Spectrum mvp!!

#48 Posted by green_skaar (12409 posts) - - Show Bio

@p00ty said:

@green_skaar: I heard about that. But now that I see it....It don't add up. They make it sound like it was a TP battle. She was saying it was "dark, empty". Then she said " his mental energy". And did she start attacking because Thanos had enough time to complete an entire sentence??

Spectrum has overloaded Kang the Conqueror armor which Avengers couldn't dent. She overloaded killer robots from another dimension that KOed Thor during Avengers Infinite. She became a pettawatt laser in Next wave. If she's going at light speed and full power.... That's not what should happen. Still, thanks for the scans

Dialog is for us the readers, I wouldn't use it as an accurate measurement of the passage of time. Thanos is way beyond Kang or killer robots, and Monica for that matter. Trust me I think Monica is herald level, but Thanos clowns herald level characters.

#49 Posted by TheVoidofDeath (2143 posts) - - Show Bio

tEAM

#50 Posted by P00TY (5781 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: In overall power, Thanos is far above Monica. But that story is saying that Thanos EYE SOCKETS or brain matter are more durable then Kangs armor and can tank a pettawatt energy blast etc.

I understand that they can't have a single hero defeat Thanos but her internal attacks should have been more successful​.