#1  Edited By MrStranger
King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By King-Ragnar

Doomsday gets 3 shotted and Darkseid gets fodderized.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@king-ragnar: Thanos couldn't even 3 shot surfer or beta ray bill...

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is my favourite comic book character of all time but he gets way to overrated here, when has he ever 3 shot a character like DD?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the general concensus on this site is Thanos>Darkseid?

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king-ragnar: Thanos couldn't even 3 shot surfer or beta ray bill...

People like New 52 Superman ripped Doomsday in half. Assuming this is New 52 (Given that's what in the picture), there's no reason why Thanos can't do the same given that he's laughably better than Doomsday in every category.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bfr isn’t restricted, so doomsday’s going far, far away off the bat and thanos beats darkseid in what is a glorified thanos vs darkseid.... change it to no bfr and we have a more interesting matchup.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king-ragnar: when I see DD threads I think H/P or Post Crisis versions, there'd be no point in making this new 52 DD

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardsnart: OP states everyone is at standard power levels. Doomsday isn't always at his Hunter Prey Power levels.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king-ragnar: I know, it was a baseless assumption from my part

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not Pre-52 Darkseid therefore i don't see how Darkseid could beat Thanos imo .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare said:

So the general concensus on this site is Thanos>Darkseid?

So u think Post Crisis/New 52 Darkseid could beat Thanos ? I mean , I will definitely give the edge towards Pre-Crisis Darkseid(to be more powerful) over Thanos but care u tell me the how does New 52 Darkseid beats Thanos ?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biswaboxz: ohhh I thought this was the Pre-52 versions

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos still beats the Post crisis versions of either character here, one on one at least.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos slaps them both down. Easily. And that's not getting into Thanos becoming Death Itself and defeating every cosmic being in the MU, including Galactus, Eternity and Infinity and absorbing them into his being, and that's not even the End Goal. When Thanos steps into the higher cosmic tiers, he utterly dwarfs everything Darkseid has ever had.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc66e8574839
deactivated-5cc66e8574839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid solos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Yeah, by finding another cosmic trinket that's just lying around to grab.

This is not about amped versions of the characters.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Still Thanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motifian: And trying to say the ALE, Soulfire Force and even the X-Element that gave him the Omega Effect weren’t just “cosmic trinkets” to be grabbbed is an absolute joke. Of course the thing is, Darkseid lost all these other things aside from the Omega Effect, which wasn’t something he was born with nor gifted; but something he stole for himself.

Regardless, Thanos at “normal” for him completely trounces Darkseid with little effort whatsoever.

somayareece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on versions really. Rebirth are borderline useless. Make it composite Post-Crisis and you have a debate.

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Wut? Darkseid only used Soulfire formula in Death of new gods and the extra power was lost after the miniseries, he has never used X element and only used omega force in Final Crisis. ALE was used by Simyn and Mokkari enslave Earth's population and it was only a mathematics formula.

Yeah, he stole Omega effect but that's how he became Darkseid.

Thanos isn't even beating Darkseid much less stomping him.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@reikai said:

@motifian: And trying to say the ALE, Soulfire Force and even the X-Element that gave him the Omega Effect weren’t just “cosmic trinkets” to be grabbbed is an absolute joke. Of course the thing is, Darkseid lost all these other things aside from the Omega Effect, which wasn’t something he was born with nor gifted; but something he stole for himself.

Regardless, Thanos at “normal” for him completely trounces Darkseid with little effort whatsoever.

One thing - ALE is not a "cosmic trinket" it is a knowledge that gives the user certain powers. Once you learn it, it becomes a standard and non-removable part of you.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: except the ALE is a trinket because it isn’t part of him and could not be directed in the same way. It had to be transmitted and people had to hear it on repeat to maintain effectiveness. It’s crap. And Thanos isn’t using a mcguffin anymore. He BECAME Death. He remains that way without a tool.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@chimeroid: except the ALE is a trinket because it isn’t part of him and could not be directed in the same way. It had to be transmitted and people had to hear it on repeat to maintain effectiveness. It’s crap. And Thanos isn’t using a mcguffin anymore. He BECAME Death. He remains that way without a tool.

So, this is a permanent change to the character of Thanos? From now on, we can only expect to see Thanos as the embodiment of death? I mean, as long as that remains true, Thanos is more powerful than Darkseid. But, we all know this will be just yet another short-lived Thanos Amp.

Knowledge=/= trinket.

You learn it, and it's yours. That's how it worked in the Post Crisis.

Anyway, ALE also allowed Darkseid to seize control of a virtually endless army of Shadow Demons. That is actually a very useful thing to bear in mind.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duo, easily.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

MrStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MrStranger

@somayareece said:

Make it composite Post-Crisis and you have a debate.

It is.

Post Crisis, up to now, at standard power levels.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanos wins, but not without a fight of a lifetime.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, this is a permanent change to the character of Thanos? From now on, we can only expect to see Thanos as the embodiment of death? I mean, as long as that remains true, Thanos is more powerful than Darkseid. But, we all know this will be just yet another short-lived Thanos Amp.

Knowledge=/= trinket.

Anyway, ALE also allowed Darkseid to seize control of a virtually endless army of Shadow Demons. That is actually a very useful thing to bear in mind.

NO that's not Thanos amp , he is himself the embodiment of Death from the day he was born . It has been said on Cosmic Ghost Rider ,Thanos Rising and Thanos Wins that he is Death himself .

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:

Knowledge=/= trinket.

NO that's not Thanos amp , he is himself the embodiment of Death from the day he was born . It has been said on Cosmic Ghost Rider ,Thanos Rising and Thanos Wins that he is Death himself .

Thanos was an Avatar of Death, but Death was always the embodiment of Death. Or, is this a super-weird "I am my own father" situation where Thanos-Death masqueraded as a female to seduce his younger self to become evil?

Damn, i really should take some more time and read new comics. Ever since i started a new job i don't really have time to read more than 1-2 titles.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid:

It's a Jim Starlin story. Which means it has more going for it than anything else at Marvel right now. And makes King Thanos look like a chump. This could end up being the way Marvel reboots their entire franchise as Thanos may become the embodiment of every universe and supersede the Living Tribunal.

Knowledge=/= trinket.

It works in the same manner and, once again, the ALE was absolutely useless after the first time. And it's not knowledge, it's an equation. Not so different from the Speed Force Equation that Impulse used for her speed. And it can be countered very easily. Making the ALE completely useless.

You mean the one time it worked and, as I said, Darkseid having to use other methods to get people to Listen to it on repeat in order for it to affect them.

No it isn't. And the shadow demons were the Anti-Monitor's thing. And know how useful they are?

No Caption Provided

Not useful at all.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: when did thanos step into cosmic being tier?

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@chimeroid:

It's a Jim Starlin story. Which means it has more going for it than anything else at Marvel right now. And makes King Thanos look like a chump. This could end up being the way Marvel reboots their entire franchise as Thanos may become the embodiment of every universe and supersede the Living Tribunal.

Knowledge=/= trinket.

It works in the same manner and, once again, the ALE was absolutely useless after the first time. And it's not knowledge, it's an equation. Not so different from the Speed Force Equation that Impulse used for her speed. And it can be countered very easily. Making the ALE completely useless.

You mean the one time it worked and, as I said, Darkseid having to use other methods to get people to Listen to it on repeat in order for it to affect them.

No it isn't. And the shadow demons were the Anti-Monitor's thing. And know how useful they are?

No Caption Provided

Not useful at all.

Darkseid had to put it on repeat because he only had the partial equation. Scott Free had the full equation and he had the power to bend anyone and everyone to his will without effort. Only the Source (the second half of the Life/Anti-Life entity) was powerful enough to protect someone from a wielder of the ALE.

Again, i think i was very clear when i said "If this is a permanent change to Thanos, he is definitely more powerful"

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: what comic is that Thanos scan from? Infinity war?

solaris6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

solaris6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecoblitz: Found it, it's from Thanos: Infinity Siblings.

BossDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Da fuq... HP Doomsday alone would beat down Thanos, and Thanos isn’t tanking back to back Omega Beam’s coupled with DS’s physicals.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid:Thanos was already definitely move powerful than Darkseid even without this change. His feats speak for themselves far more than Darkseid's ever did. Also, again, the ALE can be resisted and protected against. So, once more, it wouldn't matter if Darkseid did have it, because it'd have no effect on Thanos. Making it completely useless.

@solaris6: Also Infinity Conflict.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Wut? ALE was only a mathematics equation in Final Crisis, it did not power Darkseid up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: You know that to become Death, Thanos used the governor to absorb every cosmic being in marvel, right?

And even then he lost to Hunger?

Have you actually read this or just going by hearsay?