• No prep
  • To the death
firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@koays@marvelfan1992@pyrofn@geekryan@lordofallhumans@del_torro@mage101@emmafrostxmen@mooty_pass@kasya_carey@boutatakeanl@scarlet_wiccan@purplehairedni1@samgee

@pyrofn@koays@marvelfan1992@geekryan@professorrespect@boutatakeanl@mooty_pass@emmafrostxmen@samgee@onsipin@del_torro@mage101@purplehairedni1@andromeda1001@scarlet_wiccan@skywalker95@novaprime2@kasya_carey@lordofallhumans@yuuki157@fuse10@destinyman75@takenstew22@kgb725@noah_ouellette@underfire47@twrtwrtw@Aristeaus@koays@marvelfan1992@pyrofn@onsipin@geekryan@lordofallhumans@del_torro@mage101@marygcrisostomo@emmafrostxmen@mooty_pass@kasya_carey@boutatakeanl@scarlet_wiccan@purplehairedni1@samgee

@pyrofn@koays@marvelfan1992@geekryan@professorrespect@boutatakeanl@mooty_pass@bigbaby@rajjarsalt@andromeda1001@zetsu-san@wastelandman@destinyman75

@koays@marvelfan1992@pyrofn@geekryan@lordofallhumans@del_torro@mage101@emmafrostxmen@mooty_pass@kasya_carey@boutatakeanl@scarlet_wiccan@purplehairedni1@samgee

@pyrofn@koays@marvelfan1992@geekryan@professorrespect@boutatakeanl@mooty_pass@emmafrostxmen@samgee@onsipin@del_torro@mage101@purplehairedni1@andromeda1001@scarlet_wiccan@skywalker95@novaprime2@kasya_carey@lordofallhumans@yuuki157@fuse10@destinyman75@takenstew22@kgb725@noah_ouellette@underfire47@twrtwrtw@Aristeaus@koays@marvelfan1992@pyrofn@onsipin@geekryan@lordofallhumans@del_torro@mage101@marygcrisostomo@emmafrostxmen@mooty_pass@kasya_carey@boutatakeanl@scarlet_wiccan@purplehairedni1@samgee

@pyrofn@koays@marvelfan1992@geekryan@professorrespect@boutatakeanl@mooty_pass@bigbaby@rajjarsalt@andromeda1001@zetsu-san@wastelandman@destinyman75@ancient_0f_days:@thedailybagel

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@firefly489: Is this Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet against the entire team of DC Villains? Or Base Thanos?

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

@firefly489: Is this Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet against the entire team of DC Villains? Or Base Thanos?

Base Thanos

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Reverse Flash/Sorrow probably solo

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This line up of the DC Villians is too much for base Thanos. He gets easily stomped.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Snowshow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multiple dc characters solo

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg superman sucks.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johnny sorrow once one shot a group of high tiers that would stomp thanos. Thanos dies lock this thread.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

There's a non-zero chance that Sorrow would be too much for Thanos even with the IG

jimohkolawol10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How's Thanos handling Doomday talkless of others and am confused RF isn't beating Thanos lol.

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Reverse flash would absolutely decimate Thanos

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

How's Thanos handling Doomday talkless of others and am confused RF isn't beating Thanos lol.

Doomsday isn't very good.

OT: Team.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos and Darkseid are damn near interchangeable and I heard somewhere that Darkseid wanted to avoid Doomsday. Now, whether it was because he thought he would lose or if wasn’t worth the hassle and bloodshed because it’d be a quite the fight, that alone speaks volumes. Thanos MAY best Doomsday…MAY…adding anyone else to that equation, especially another top tier team buster like Despero, the Mad Titan gets his ass whooped.

SN: I don’t know who Sorrow is, but I don’t see anyone else solo’ing besides potentially Doomsday and MAYBEEEEE Despero. (MAYBE). The rest are in the Thor/Surfer league (maybe a smidge above to avoid an argument). But still, Thanos pawns them with relative ease. So yeah, the others mean absolutely nothing individually against Thanos.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@dre_savage: Eobard solos and Sorrow as well unless Thanos has immunity to getting phased/BFR'd/immunity to Skyfather tier hax etc. I didn't really see any argument as to how that's not the case from your post, you just said they were Thor/Surfer league. Kinda seems like you are conflating the actual problem into their general tiers instead of what they can do. I'd like to see a extended argument for why Thanos can resist or even react to the above reliably.

Doomsday is, unironically, the most useless here. Awful stats, not adding anything but a body to get punched around, no ranged attacks etc etc. Forget he's even here

jimohkolawol10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: He can still pack a punch,serving as a distraction for others to jump on thanos.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I don't see why Thanos wouldn't be immune to basically all of Eobard's hax. Team obviously wins from what people are saying about Sorrow, but I'm not sure at all Eobard wins that fight.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@professorrespect: I don't see why Thanos wouldn't be immune to basically all of Eobard's hax. Team obviously wins from what people are saying about Sorrow, but I'm not sure at all Eobard wins that fight.

The main issues that come from a Eobard/Thanos fight are easy to get

1. Thanos will never tag him

2. Eobard has so much hax that inevitably he'll either phase correctly (the heart/brain) or pull off any of the hax he tends to abuse in tricky situations

Thanos by comparison does not have a solution out of a Eobard fight. He is not fast enough, so his tactical brain is never going to have a solution in place, and Eobard can kill/incap in multiple ways that can happen before he's even started thinking about the problem more than a second or so.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Remove Eobard and Thanos may have a chance. But RF plus that many other heavy-hitters is just way too much, even for Thanos.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone sees how Surfer jobs to Thanos despite having so many advantages because that’s “just how Marvel [Starlin] writes him”, that they believe that DC characters with speed and power would fare more or less the same way. In actuality, I think Eobard literally beats him into a purple pulp before phasing his brain out and handing it to him.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@mage101 said:

Johnny sorrow once one shot a group of high tiers that would stomp thanos. Thanos dies lock this thread.

He used their own energies against them, it's not like he has his own projections at that level. Also like.. he showed that ability once...

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a non-zero chance that Sorrow would be too much for Thanos even with the IG

There's also a non-zero chance Thanos ignores his face cus "I am Thanos" or some other villain sue nonsense. lol

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

Sorrow has one teambusting feat, and it was using their own energy attacks against them. It was also an ability that he never showed previously and never showed again.

He could potentially one shot with his face, but if that doesn't work, then he doesn't really bring anything else to the table.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@zetsu-san: Yeah, Johnny Sorrow seemed out of place next to all of these iconic DC villain heavy-hitters, though I'm also pretty ignorant about his character. Would still be surprised if he was on the same tier as the other folks here though.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

This debate goes one of two ways, we either ignore how they're actually written in fights & focus on their feats(Eobard will never put Thanos down, Thanos will never tag Eobard), or we focus on how they're actually written(Thanos will tag Eobard, Eobard will put down Thanos), I find the first more interesting, but I don't want to see you say it's impossible for Thanos to tag him and then say Eobard's standard damage output can put down Thanos because Thanos fights the Avengers or something.

2. Eobard has so much hax that inevitably he'll either phase correctly (the heart/brain) or pull off any of the hax he tends to abuse in tricky situations

I'm not fully caught up on my Eobard reading, but from what I remember his phasing was pretty much exclusively used on humans, I don't see that extending to Thanos. Thanos's body should be more durable than Eobard's hand phasing into him no? Eobard should just break his hand? It's also worth mentioning that cancer verse life energies derailed Surfer's intangibility in annihilation: Scourge, Thanos would have the same as Avatar of Death, that could apply here, or when Monica Rambeau physically went into Thanos's mind as energy to shut down his synapses, and the mental energies of his mind shut her down completely - same could happen to Eobard. There's also the Thanos invulnerability healing stuff which Gillen brought back recently that should counter that.

The rest of Eobard's hax is mostly existence erasure stuff from what I remember, which should be pretty hard countered by Reed not being able to unexist Thanos by not recreating him in the Marvel Multiverse/him surviving outside the multiverse where even Galactus couldn't.

Thanos by comparison does not have a solution out of a Eobard fight. He is not fast enough, so his tactical brain is never going to have a solution in place, and Eobard can kill/incap in multiple ways that can happen before he's even started thinking about the problem more than a second or so.

His answer is telepathy and/or AoEs. If it's so obvious any battle boards user can think of it in 2 seconds, he can the second there's a break(like when Eobard with no knowledge first hits him, it's a rock wall, and he's stunned for at least a bit)

@kevd4wg said:

Sorrow has one teambusting feat, and it was using their own energy attacks against them. It was also an ability that he never showed previously and never showed again.

He could potentially one shot with his face, but if that doesn't work, then he doesn't really bring anything else to the table.

Fair enough then, I still think the totality of the team is way too much for him.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01 said:

Everyone sees how Surfer jobs to Thanos despite having so many advantages because that’s “just how Marvel [Starlin] writes him”, that they believe that DC characters with speed and power would fare more or less the same way. In actuality, I think Eobard literally beats him into a purple pulp before phasing his brain out and handing it to him.

Lol Starlin easily has Thanos portrayed the weakest in comparison to Surfer of any writer who's written them together. Average comicviner knowledge level right here.

Crapser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Crapser  Online

The main issues that come from a Eobard/Thanos fight are easy to get

As always PR showing that he knows NOTHING about comics, any average connoisseur would know that Thanos just has to use this to catch a guy running

No Caption Provided
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

Lol Starlin easily has Thanos portrayed the weakest in comparison to Surfer of any writer who's written them together. Average comicviner knowledge level right here.

lol alright. Prove it.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@kevd4wg said:

@professorrespect:

This debate goes one of two ways, we either ignore how they're actually written in fights & focus on their feats(Eobard will never put Thanos down, Thanos will never tag Eobard), or we focus on how they're actually written(Thanos will tag Eobard, Eobard will put down Thanos), I find the first more interesting, but I don't want to see you say it's impossible for Thanos to tag him and then say Eobard's standard damage output can put down Thanos because Thanos fights the Avengers or something

If we focused on how they'd be written then PIS wouldn't be a thing, wouldn't it? That would account for jobbing if it became an issue, sure, but otherwise there's no real way for Thanos to notice someone like Eobard, let alone consistently enough to knock him out. This is the same guy who has consistently matched and surpassed FTS+ characters and beyond.

If you want to say that Thanos can tag him, then I'd need to see both how the immense speed difference doesn't matter and how Thanos then gets around that if it does. Realistically he doesn't have a easy way of doing so, and unless we're going by Deathstroke who just sticks his sword out to tag them I don't really see a logical way of that happening.

I'm not fully caught up on my Eobard reading, but from what I remember his phasing was pretty much exclusively used on humans I don't see that extending to Thanos

How exactly does a person being "human" or not extend to phasing? Eobard's go-to is a phase.

Thanos's body should be more durable than Eobard's hand phasing into him no

If this was the case then Wally should've turned into goo whenever he tried phasing someone like Anti-Monitor.

It's also worth mentioning that cancer verse life energies derailed Surfer's intangibility in annihilation: Scourge, Thanos would have the same as Avatar of Death, that could apply here

Should it? I don't think he's had intangibility ever.

or when Monica Rambeau physically went into Thanos's mind as energy to shut down his synapses, and the mental energies of his mind shut her down completely - same could happen to Eobard

The issue with your logic is that it suggests that what Eobard does is TP-related. He's not going into Thanos' mind, he's just taking out his vital organs. Not an issue for the guy.

here's also the Thanos invulnerability healing stuff which Gillen brought back recently that should counter that

He's still died in that run so idk how it would help him here.

The rest of Eobard's hax is mostly existence erasure stuff from what I remember, which should be pretty hard countered by Reed not being able to unexist Thanos by not recreating him in the Marvel Multiverse/him surviving outside the multiverse where even Galactus couldn't

That was caused by the universe collapsing though, not "I kill you at a earlier time than this battle" which Thanos has no reliable defence against as a temporal maneuver.

Even if we assume that Thanos "survives" you know the state he was in at that point, the guy was a ghost essentially. He couldn't do anything to change the match here nor to the people in it.

His answer is telepathy and/or AoEs

His answer is mental offence that he doesn't have the mental capacity to think at the speed required to stop him/AoE blasts that he still has to, you know, see Eobard to do then also do while he's got everyone else distracting his attention away from someone he shouldn't know about.

Also these still need him to actually move at some sort of speed equal to Eobard, not miles away where a couple of seconds can mean all the difference.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

lol alright. Prove it.

I can save you some time. The most commonly used “fights” between the 2 were as follows:

1. Silver Surfer #34 (Starlin) - Thanos literally 1-shots
  2. Silver Surfer #38 (Starlin) - Norrin blasts him with all the full power cosmic, it does nothing at all to him, Thanos teleports behind him and attacks, then literally just leaves.
  3. Cosmic Powers Unlimited #1 (Hint: not-Starlin) - A pissed of Thanos fights Norrin, who after an effort gets KO’d.
  4. Thanos: Thanos Wins #13-18 - Future/Alternate version of a Worthy Surfer kicks Thanos’s ass to the point that he has to resort to trickery to win the fight

My greater point was that in their battles, Surfer literally forgets his abilities and opts for a blast or physical confrontation. Starlin amps Thanos (understandabl) more than literally any other writer, and has taken flack for doing so by making other characters “uncharacteristically“ moronic.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

If we focused on how they'd be written then PIS wouldn't be a thing, wouldn't it? That would account for jobbing if it became an issue, sure, but otherwise there's no real way for Thanos to notice someone like Eobard, let alone consistently enough to knock him out. This is the same guy who has consistently matched and surpassed FTS+ characters and beyond.

I just expect you to hold this consistency both ways.

How exactly does a person being "human" or not extend to phasing? Eobard's go-to is a phase.

You can't see the difference in how phasing might affect ordinary people and Thanos?

If this was the case then Wally should've turned into goo whenever he tried phasing someone like Anti-Monitor.

How's Eobard going to effect Thanos with it then?

Phasing is a form of intangibility

The issue with your logic is that it suggests that what Eobard does is TP-related. He's not going into Thanos' mind, he's just taking out his vital organs. Not an issue for the guy.

What Monica did was not TP related whatsoever, the mental energies of his physical mind was too much for her.

No he didn't he got BFRed at the end. Did you even read it? He was also "a shell of himself" in that run.

Even if we assume that Thanos "survives" you know the state he was in at that point, the guy was a ghost essentially. He couldn't do anything to change the match here nor to the people in it.

Eobard isn't within a million light years of the power Reed had during Secret Wars trying to remove Thanos. If Reed couldn't fully do it, why should Eobard be able to do it at all. I think this pretty obviously extends to trying to go back in time to remove Thanos from the timeline as well. Plus I'd love to know how Eobard is going to know when Thanos's birth is, or how to get there, or what he's going to do if he finally shows up and the Abstract entity of Death is there too watching over Thanos.

His answer is mental offence that he doesn't have the mental capacity to think at the speed required to stop him/AoE blasts that he still has to, you know, see Eobard to do then also do while he's got everyone else distracting his attention away from someone he shouldn't know about.

I think Thanos loses this battle - this is exclusively about Eobard vs Thanos

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@professorrespect:

I just expect you to hold this consistency both ways

I mean idk why Thanos not being able to target Eobard is anything new. Eobard by comparison if we're going by "well they tagged him" doesn't have any null-speed characters hitting him.

How's Eobard going to effect Thanos with it then

....because Wally should do it to Anti-Monitor? It's one of his most well-known feats and it's ostensibly a character with mid-tier striking/dura at best smashing up, well, Anti-Monitor. With phasing. If it was how you mentioned it he'd break his arm and more trying.

Phasing is a form of intangibility

True

What Monica did was not TP related whatsoever, the mental energies of his physical mind was too much for her

And? It's still her going into his physical brain to mess around with it, the point is that Eobard is not doing anything internally to the brain bar phasing it. Idk how that's a objection.

No he didn't he got BFRed at the end. Did you even read it

Yeah

Eobard isn't within a million light years of the power Reed had during Secret Wars trying to remove Thanos

Did I say as such? I simply stated that temporal issues are not the same as reality warping. Eobard going back to a earlier time to erase Thanos is not the same as Reed simply not letting him exist, easy to get.

I think this pretty obviously extends to trying to go back in time to remove Thanos from the timeline as well

I don't think it obviously extends at all, you've just conflated the two by power than anything actually relating the two instances

Plus I'd love to know how Eobard is going to know when Thanos's birth is

He doesn't need to know that, does he? He can go back to any point to do the deed. If Despero's around then you have someone funnelling in info to boot with his TP assaults.

Even then; Eobard's speed lets him abuse time travel regardless. He could just dump Thanos in it, or create duplications of himself by consistently coming back at different seconds etc. He has all the time to abuse something he frequently uses just to annoy people he doesn't like.

or what he's going to do if he finally shows up and the Abstract entity of Death is there too watching over Thanos

The battle is "Thanos vs dc villains" not "Thanos w/ Death" etc

I think Thanos loses this battle - this is exclusively about Eobard vs Thanos

Removing the last bit away, it still equates to the same point; Thanos will not be able to reliably notice him.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

lol alright. Prove it.

I can save you some time. The most commonly used “fights” between the 2 were as follows:

2. Silver Surfer #38 (Starlin) - Norrin blasts him with all the full power cosmic, it does nothing at all to him, Thanos teleports behind him and attacks, then literally just leaves.
  3. Cosmic Powers Unlimited #1 (Hint: not-Starlin) - A pissed of Thanos fights Norrin, who after an effort gets KO’d.
  4. Thanos: Thanos Wins #13-18 - Future/Alternate version of a Worthy Surfer kicks Thanos’s ass to the point that he has to resort to trickery to win the fight

My greater point was that in their battles, Surfer literally forgets his abilities and opts for a blast or physical confrontation. Starlin amps Thanos (understandabl) more than literally any other writer, and has taken flack for doing so by making other characters “uncharacteristically“ moronic.

Rough examples here. Surfer gets surprised and one-shot koed after sneaking into Death's realm, and Thanos shrugs off one blast from him in the Starlin examples you used. In cosmic powers unlimited, you act like this fight was kind of close, but Thanos ignored all of Surfer's hits and beat him to the point of literal death lmao. This wasn't close at all.

Presenting this as a better look for Surfer than the Starlin interactions is actually hilarious and unbelievably disingenuous

This was also under Ron Marz who gave surfer some of his best showings ever.

Then you have to mention an Alternate Future Surfer who trained for millennium to specifically fight Thanos, including becoming Worthy and leading the annihilation wave, and the two Thanos's still literally butchered him and cut him into pieces without any trouble.

The point of this story was that future Thanos had gotten so powerful he was able to kill even Galactus under his own power, and current Thanos fought him pretty well - another example of how other writers view Thanos much higher than Starlin.

But let's mention some other examples, for example Annett and landing had Lord Mar-vell one-shot Surfer's board and take him out of the battle in just a blast, but had Thanos wreck his shit and no-sell his attacks.

Thanos Imperative #4/5

Similarly to show how Ron Marx viewed Surfer vs Thanos, he had Thanos fight Tyrant pretty well one on one, while he had Tyrant completely ignore Surfer's attacks and easily take out Surfer, Gladiator, and Beta Ray Bill at the same time. Giffen unfortunately never gave a direct comparison of Thanos vs Surfer, but he had Thanos absolutely bully Galactus's first herald, The Fallen One in Thanos vol 1 #12, and implied it was a great mistake by Galactus to make him, which I would think he implies he's more powerful than Surfer. He even makes The Fallen One his herald at the end of the fight.

The other authors who have written both would be Cates(went over that), and Ewing who we have absolutely no comparative material to work with.

I don't want to undermine my own argument with professor respect showing some of Thanos's... lesser showings, but do me a favor and check out what happens in Infinity Gauntlet after Thanos gets brought to earth and let me know if you think Starlin has a bigger gap between Surfer and Thanos than these guys do.

Surfer literally forgets his abilities and opts for a blast or physical confrontation.

You ever read a Surfer comic? This is his usual behavior. Also ever considered surfer's myriad abilities wouldn't work? It is made so abundantly clear under so many authors that Surfer isn't within a mile of Thanos it's embarrassing you're trying to argue it.

Tuzle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: that is what they don't get. Thanks is a team buster and far above surfer. Thanos has better feat than many characters here even thou he also have his low showings. One on one he should defeat most of them.

Tuzle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tuzle12: @kevd4wg: that is what they don't get. Thanks is a team buster and far above surfer. Thanos has better feat than many characters here even thou he also have his low showings. One on one he should defeat most of them. But he isn't beating the team. I don't know anything about johnny sorrow

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Thanos baby shakes Surfer in every confrontation they've had, but sure let's just chalk it all up to jobbing I guess. Despite the fact that Thanos is every much of a cosmic character as Surfer is.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator
@kevd4wg said:
@kevd4wg said:

lol alright. Prove it.

Rough examples here. Surfer gets surprised and one-shot koed after sneaking into Death's realm, and Thanos shrugs off one blast from him in the Starlin examples you used. In cosmic powers unlimited, you act like this fight was kind of close, but Thanos ignored all of Surfer's hits and beat him to the point of literal death lmao. This wasn't close at all.

Presenting this as a better look for Surfer than the Starlin interactions is actually hilarious and unbelievably disingenuous

This was also under Ron Marz who gave surfer some of his best showings ever.

Then you have to mention an Alternate Future Surfer who trained for millennium to specifically fight Thanos, including becoming Worthy and leading the annihilation wave, and the two Thanos's still literally butchered him and cut him into pieces without any trouble.

The point of this story was that future Thanos had gotten so powerful he was able to kill even Galactus under his own power, and current Thanos fought him pretty well - another example of how other writers view Thanos much higher than Starlin.

But let's mention some other examples, for example Annett and landing had Lord Mar-vell one-shot Surfer's board and take him out of the battle in just a blast, but had Thanos wreck his shit and no-sell his attacks.

Thanos Imperative #4/5

Similarly to show how Ron Marx viewed Surfer vs Thanos, he had Thanos fight Tyrant pretty well one on one, while he had Tyrant completely ignore Surfer's attacks and easily take out Surfer, Gladiator, and Beta Ray Bill at the same time. Giffen unfortunately never gave a direct comparison of Thanos vs Surfer, but he had Thanos absolutely bully Galactus's first herald, The Fallen One in Thanos vol 1 #12, and implied it was a great mistake by Galactus to make him, which I would think he implies he's more powerful than Surfer. He even makes The Fallen One his herald at the end of the fight.

The other authors who have written both would be Cates(went over that), and Ewing who we have absolutely no comparative material to work with.

I don't want to undermine my own argument with professor respect showing some of Thanos's... lesser showings, but do me a favor and check out what happens in Infinity Gauntlet after Thanos gets brought to earth and let me know if you think Starlin has a bigger gap between Surfer and Thanos than these guys do.

Surfer literally forgets his abilities and opts for a blast or physical confrontation.

You ever read a Surfer comic? This is his usual behavior. Also ever considered surfer's myriad abilities wouldn't work? It is made so abundantly clear under so many authors that Surfer isn't within a mile of Thanos it's embarrassing you're trying to argue it.

There's also Silver Surfer: Rebirth which has Thanos dealing with Surfer as quickly as one would expect. Thanks didn't even intend to fight him, just recruit him.

Kev is also right about Ron giving Surfer some of his best feats. Marz made him do shit like this.

Norrin was unharmed after this btw.
Norrin was unharmed after this btw.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@zetsu-san: I'd say that Thanos just ignoring him ks a legitimate possibility, thus me saying "non-zero chance"

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:

He used their own energies against them, it's not like he has his own projections at that level. Also like.. he showed that ability once...

I don't see thanos tanking sorrows face tbh.

jimohkolawol10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thanos wank is irritating the only reason is even considered above herald is because beats he always beat a jobbing Surfer due bad writing and currently he's having trouble with Hulk.

jimohkolawol10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimohkolawol10 said:

The thanos wank is irritating the only reason is even considered above herald is because beats he always beat a jobbing Surfer due bad writing and currently he's having trouble with Hulk.

>Guy is portrayed as vastly more powerful than Surfer under every author

>Surfer jobs

Elite reading capabilities from people on here

@professorrespect

....because Wally should do it to Anti-Monitor? It's one of his most well-known feats and it's ostensibly a character with mid-tier striking/dura at best smashing up, well, Anti-Monitor. With phasing. If it was how you mentioned it he'd break his arm and more trying.

I'll be honest I haven't read the issue, but I looked up the feat, seems like it would be a viable way to put Thanos down, except for a few things. 1. That was Wally not Eobard, 2. I still think the Avatar of Death energies could mess up the intangibility of phasing, 3. To phase through Thanos like that, Eobard would have to physically go through his brain, which could cause him issues.

And? It's still her going into his physical brain to mess around with it, the point is that Eobard is not doing anything internally to the brain bar phasing it. Idk how that's a objection.

If he's phasing into Thanos's brain some of him is physically going in there too.

Did I say as such? I simply stated that temporal issues are not the same as reality warping. Eobard going back to a earlier time to erase Thanos is not the same as Reed simply not letting him exist, easy to get.

No I disagree, Eobard is going back in time to erase Thanos from the future of the timeline, Reed essentially went to before time to try and erase Thanos from the future of the timeline and it failed.

Even then; Eobard's speed lets him abuse time travel regardless. He could just dump Thanos in it, or create duplications of himself by consistently coming back at different seconds etc. He has all the time to abuse something he frequently uses just to annoy people he doesn't like.

If BFR is an option sure(Though I can't remember him dumping anyone in the past), but I assumed it wasn't. Thanos has also built time machines he could probably get back. Don't really see what duplications do(also can't remember Eobard ever doing that)

If you're arguing temporal battles then you have to reckon with the canon of Thanos's past, Death is present at Thanos's birth and generally watched over him as a kid - which is stupid, but it's canon. I could also bring up Cosmic Ghost Rider protecting him. Plus there's also the fact that Thanos has been resurrected a bunch of times, and as mentioned is banished from Death's realm(I think it's a reach to say the abstraction of Death has a linear construct of time). I'm not sure going back in time and killing Thanos would do anything to him since he's already been resurrected from that death.

Thanos will not be able to reliably notice him.

He's gonna notice a presence. He could even track the Runner when he was using the space stone to essentially move with infinite speed.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@professorrespect

I'll be honest I haven't read the issue, but I looked up the feat, seems like it would be a viable way to put Thanos down, except for a few things. 1. That was Wally not Eobard

Point? Eobard has equal or greater knowledge than Wally when it comes to the Speed Force. They scale fairly close to each other.

2. I still think the Avatar of Death energies could mess up the intangibility of phasing

Yet to see that's the case ngl.

If he's phasing into Thanos's brain some of him is physically going in there too

Yeah but he's not going in as raw energy or whatnot, he's just poking his arm in and out.

No I disagree, Eobard is going back in time to erase Thanos from the future of the timeline, Reed essentially went to before time to try and erase Thanos from the future of the timeline and it failed

What Reed did was attempt to simply not include Thanos in the new multiverse. That's not the same as Thanos being retroactively removed from a existing universe from a temporal paradox.

If BFR is an option sure(Though I can't remember him dumping anyone in the past)

He did it aplenty during the Reverse Speed Force days and onwards if you went off N52/Rebirth.

Thanos has also built time machines he could probably get back

If he's dumped in the Speed Force then probably not in that case

If you're arguing temporal battles then you have to reckon with the canon of Thanos's past

Yeah the canon, not "fight Death" lol. It's a neutral realm for threads for a reason.

Plus there's also the fact that Thanos has been resurrected a bunch of times

Yeah but if you remove him from the table right at the start then none of those are going to exist, naturally.

Thanos will not be able to reliably notice him.

He's gonna notice a presence. He could even track the Runner when he was using the space stone to essentially move with infinite speed

Right, he doesn't have the Space Stone though. He doesn't have what that provides here, only his senses and physical observation.

Tuzle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimohkolawol10: which issue is this? Is it the same issue where he still got what he wanted after facing a team comprising of iron man, dr strange, blue marvel, hulk, Emma frost and reed.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 takenstew22  Moderator

Or that he consistently takes on teams of high tiers? Thanos was taking on both Strange and Hulk while at the same time Strange was weakening him.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 takenstew22  Moderator

@tuzle12 said:

@jimohkolawol10: which issue is this? Is it the same issue where he still got what he wanted after facing a team comprising of iron man, dr strange, blue marvel, hulk, Emma frost and reed.

Yes.