Thanos vs Darkseid vs Brainiac vs Ultron (Technology Battle)

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UltraPhoenix
No Caption Provided

This is a fight to judge the pure technical might of each opponent.

RULES

• The tech must be created by them or their servants (no stolen tech) or is tech that they've modified for their own use.
  • This is purely a measure of who has the more impressive technology (this can be in any category)
  • No prep time to create tech, only tech they have at their disposal
  • PC to Rebirth feats for DC

Round 1: Thanos vs Darkseid vs Brainiac vs Ultron

Round 2: Reed Richards, Dr. Doom, Lex Luthor, the Lantern Corps (Oa tech) and Galactus are added to the battle

Tags:

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4940f2eb6f
deactivated-60f4940f2eb6f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Darkseid or Brainiac have the most advanced tech

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alonis3612: What do you think the outcome will be in the 2nd round?

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos all rounds. Darkseid barely creates anything himself. It's all unnamed figures or Desaad. Brainiac conglomerates stolen tech from numerous civilizations so he's already out by the Op's ruling. Ultron doesn't create new tech so much as adapting what he's already assimilated.

Which leaves Thanos who has created his own time portals, a restraining device for Galactus, singularity bombs, shields that can withstand beings as strong as, or stronger than, Galactus, and created a faux Reality Gem that was so convincing that no one could tell the difference until Magus actually tried to access the powers of the gem.

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By UltraPhoenix

@reikai said:

Thanos all rounds. Darkseid barely creates anything himself. It's all unnamed figures or Desaad. Brainiac conglomerates stolen tech from numerous civilizations so he's already out by the Op's ruling. Ultron doesn't create new tech so much as adapting what he's already assimilated.

Which leaves Thanos who has created his own time portals, a restraining device for Galactus, singularity bombs, shields that can withstand beings as strong as, or stronger than, Galactus, and created a faux Reality Gem that was so convincing that no one could tell the difference until Magus actually tried to access the powers of the gem.

If these people work under or with Darkseid then it would count and if Brainiac has somehow modified or created tech for his own use it would be allowed, if its just tech that he's stolen (like Kryptonian tech) and used then it wouldn't be allowed.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@reikai said:

If these people work under or with Darkseid then it would count and if Brainiac has somehow modified or created tech for his own use it would be allowed, if its just tech that he's stolen (like Kryptonian tech) and used then it wouldn't be allowed.

The problem with that ruling is that EVERYTHING Brainiac has, even his knowledge, is stolen from someplace. He's a planetary hijacker that steals whole cultures and absorbs them into himself. You can't really tell what was Brainiac's own doing and what was just stolen.

OT: Thanos is most impressive when it comes to technology he's already designed wholesale by himself. Ultron has his Ultron Virus and Phallax enhancements. Brainiac does have a great deal of technology but it's hard to see what isn't or is his own.

I don't recall anything significantly impressive that Darkseid has created or developed by himself. It's always someone else building tech for him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultraphoenix: I don't know much about Brainiac, but I always had an impression that he has some of the most advanced technologies in DC. Thanos doesn't really have much tech feats as far as I know, other than creating a time machine, having guns on his ship that can one-shot planets, his armor. But why I think Darkseid is the most advanced is because of the Mother Boxes, which have practically limitless use, from teleportation and communicating with any other technology, molecular manipulation, healing, giving increased strength and durability enough to allow Batman to survive punches from enraged Darkseid, etc. Darkeid himself has also created a device with which could enter the Source without having trouble with the Source Wall, in Final Crisis it was shown that New Gods have such advanced tech that it almost resembles platonic concepts, like a bullet that can be fired from any gun and even fired backwards through time.

Can't say much about the second round.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@alonis3612: Darkseid didn't create Mother Box technology. Himon did. I guess you could argue Darkseid MIGHT had something to do with developing the Fatherbox: but that's purely fanfiction at that point. Darkseid did make a device to explore the Anti Life but it failed to absorb it completely, so it's kinda of a anti feat for him.

Brainiac's capabilities can be found here and here

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By UltraPhoenix

@professorrespect: I've changed the rules a little bit, if they've modified the tech in any way after stealing it then it's allowed, but if its just outright stolen then it isn't, like Thanos acquiring a cosmic cube or something. Also if Darkseid has tech that someone else has built for him then it's allowed, so long as they're working for him or with him.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@ultraphoenix said:

@professorrespect: I've changed the rules a little bit, if they've modified the tech in any way after stealing it then it's allowed, but if its just outright stolen then it isn't, like Thanos acquiring a cosmic cube or something.

In that case I'd say Brainiac is definitely second best here with his capabilities.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I know that Darkseid didn't create Mother Boxes, a lot of widely New Gods use it so I'm not sure if Darkseid has actually stolen the tech, that's why I mentioned it.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I know that Darkseid didn't create Mother Boxes, a lot of widely New Gods use it so I'm not sure if Darkseid has actually stolen the tech, that's why I mentioned it.

Considering it was made on New Genesis, yea Darkseid got his hands on it without reverse engineering or whatever. As stated his own crew had the Father Boxes which were basically their bootleg version of it, which implies they can't replicate the design wholesale.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@reikai said:

@alonis3612 said:

Considering it was made on New Genesis, yea Darkseid got his hands on it without reverse engineering or whatever. As stated his own crew had the Father Boxes which were basically their bootleg version of it, which implies they can't replicate the design wholesale.

What's with this Darkseid underselling?

He may not have created the Mother Boxes but he has definitely been shown to rival the gods responsible for those types of inventions:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even if he is inferior to Metron and Himon (which I can mostly agree he is), New Gods are by standard much more intelligent than aliens.

He has also created a device capable of hurting the Source and causing Multiversal mayhem. And while presenting that device he called Desaad and Granny Goodness (two geniuses, especially Desaad) "useless":

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And regarding Father Boxes... they are no more "Bootleg Mother Boxes" than 7-Up is "Bootleg Coca-Cola". They are different things. Mother Boxes are helping devices made for healing, exploration, transportation, etc. Father Boxes are made for war and are pretty effective at that, since one was able to casually create a New God-slaying weapon:

No Caption Provided

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid did the tech for Sepulkore and a couple of the mother box variations.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Not sure about Brainiac but Ultron and Thanos are definitely above Darkseid when it comes to tech smarts. I was never really that impressed by Darkseid's technology. Did he even create anything note worthy?

Edit: Apparently he made a device capable of "hurting" the Source. That's rather impressive.

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Sepulkore is the device that permanently removed a space sector from reality.

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a disclaimer guys, the tech doesn't necessarily have to be made directly by the combatants, it could be created by people who work for them or with them, they just need to be involved in some way and use it. The tech however can't be stolen, so no objects like Cosmic Cubes or stolen cities that Brainiac has.

Avatar image for deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778
deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

Also Thanos created the Galactus clone which was stated too be 2× more powerful than Galactus, and Thanos created the technology that kept Galactus and the Surfer comatosed and drained of energy during the Annihilation story arc.

Gokuisthebest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aryan1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid easily in that situation. New Gods tech is just on another level.

Aryan1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaggernutt: He didn't create any technology in Annihilation, he used Galactus own technology to do that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aryan1990 said:

@jaggernutt: He didn't create any technology in Annihilation, he used Galactus own technology to do that.

You can't adapt foreign technology to your own unless you already have equal or greater technology at your disposal. The science of restraining Galactus was done by Thanos. At the very least, Thanos tech=Galactus tech.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Aryan1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaggernutt: That makes absolutely no sense. Reverse engineering technology happens.

If Thanos had better technology, he would've tried his own technology rather than using Galactus own technology.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaggernutt: That makes absolutely no sense. Reverse engineering technology happens.

If Thanos had better technology, he would've tried his own technology rather than using Galactus own technology.

I see you've mastered the art of mental gymnastics.

Aryan1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aryan1990

@jaggernutt: "I'm showing Thanos using Galactus own technology to claim Thanos has better tech than Galactus"

"I'm claiming others are doing mental gymnastics"

LOL

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos or Lex Luthor stomps

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@whathappened said:

Lex isn't Brainiac. Only time Lex beat Brainiac was by stealing his own stuff, and everywhere else Lex has either directly or indirectly admitted that Brainiac's got better technology

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whathappened said:

Lex isn't Brainiac. Only time Lex beat Brainiac was by stealing his own stuff, and everywhere else Lex has either directly or indirectly admitted that Brainiac's got better technology

We're talking about stuff they created by themselves, not stolen tech. Lex Luthor did more than just create a machine, he created lives. That's a step above making a life like creature like Vision.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@whathappened said:
@professorrespect said:
@whathappened said:

We're talking about stuff they created by themselves, not stolen tech. Lex Luthor did more than just create a machine, he created lives. That's a step above making a life like creature like Vision.

Ok? Clones are basic as hell, even C and D tier genius tier guys can make them just fine, hell some like Sinister and Master of the World perfected it, lol. They did it far greater feats with their own tech than himself.

Luthor's good but he ain't a contender for the best. Also as a correction, Ultron has actually created organic beings before and they were as strong as Adam Warlock so.....

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Whathappened

@professorrespect said:
@whathappened said:
@professorrespect said:
@whathappened said:

Ok? Clones are basic as hell, even C and D tier genius tier guys can make them just fine, hell some like Sinister and Master of the World perfected it, lol. They did it far greater feats with their own tech than himself.

Luthor's good but he ain't a contender for the best. Also as a correction, Ultron has actually created organic beings before and they were as strong as Adam Warlock so.....

I'm not familiar with Master of the World or Sinister, but you can be really good at one thing and still suck. And if they're better than Luthor at bioengineering....great! That's a feat for them! Doesn't make doing it any less epic. It's like having a generic mad scientist who discovered time travel. Sure it's used everywhere, but it's still a mean feat.

And Ultron is Ultron

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 90% sure Ultron stole tech from the countless civilizations assimilated from the phalanx to create those Adam Warlock bodies

supremthor69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Respect the big “D”

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid as of recent events.

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one wins. All of them would be dead at the same time.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except Thanos wins.

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

AnnamalHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos's tech in original Infinity War showed to be superior then Reeds/Doom and Kang's combined and also Galactus

Hell of a feat

Britain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points