• 164 results
Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spartan101

Fight on the moon,all bloodlusted.Ko to win.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,vs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By nefarious

Black Adam and Captain Marvel will be too much for Thanos.

Sydneytuah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sydneytuah

stop playing 
I give birth to Thanos 
im sure he can do it  
but it wont be easy 

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pooty

@Sydneytuah: disagree. he beats them both as easy as he beats Thor or silver surfer

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By monarch2016

team wins

Sydneytuah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sydneytuah
@pooty: exactly  
thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By thanobomb1124

Thanos has a chance here

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the creator

The team are stronger and faster and durable enough to take Thanos down.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
I think Black Adam and Captain Marvel would beat Thanos in a interesting battle... 
Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would love to see how bad-ass Thanos is blood lusted, but ya Thanos wins with a good battle :)

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jeanroygrant

Thanos stomps

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Emperorb777

team stomps either one could fight him alone

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pooty

@Immortal777: @baron2011: Thanos has blocked Mjolnir with a wave. And even when hit with it, he didn't move. He took full cosmic blast from Silver Surfer with no effect. He fought Hulk/THing/Hercules at same time and lost no ground. And he's fast enough to tag SS while SS is moving so fast that he is passing stars in seconds. ANd he killed SS(who has uber durability) with his bare hands. What can these two do?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Emperorb777

@pooty: And whats your point

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pooty

@Immortal777: Sorry that's as clear as I can make it. I'll wait for baron2011 to respond.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By whacknasty

@pooty said:

@Immortal777: @baron2011: Thanos has blocked Mjolnir with a wave. And even when hit with it, he didn't move. He took full cosmic blast from Silver Surfer with no effect. He fought Hulk/THing/Hercules at same time and lost no ground. And he's fast enough to tag SS while SS is moving so fast that he is passing stars in seconds. ANd he killed SS(who has uber durability) with his bare hands. What can these two do?

Well...I dont think the physical strength of Hulk, Thing (100 tonner sure, but I wouldn't consider him at the top of that grouping in Marvel) and Herc combined would match the physical might of both CM and Adam combined (who are both Supes level at least).

And being fast enough to match one ultra fast combatant again, to me, doesn't equal matching a duo moving at ridiculous speeds simultaneously.

Durability I'm not sure of...Surfer should be able to amp his durability, but I don't know if I've ever seen him do it during a fist fight, so him being pummeled that way makes no sense to me. So I'm not sure how the teams durability, which is or should be more constant I would think, matches up to whatever standard Surfer carries himself at...if that makes sense...lol

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By willpayton

Are there scans of Thanos beating SS? I'd love to see those. If it's true that he can beat SS, then I can see him winning here. Otherwise, BA and Marvel might be able to win, they're both Superman-level powerhouses. And, beating each separately is much different than trying to beat them together.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos... barely.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By _Black

Team in a slight majority.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Thanos, but a bloody battle.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pooty

@whacknasty: well Hulk did catch a mountain weighing 150 billion tons. thats just the weight. add to the fact is was falling and that weight increases by alot. Thor also lifted the Midgard Serpent which was wrapped around the earth. Herc also held up the heavens for Atlas for awhile. I have heard that CM and BA are as strong as superman but have not seen the feats. Supes helped move the earth. What have CM and BA done that put them on that level? BA and CM rarely move at their fastest and if they don't here that could be their downfall. Unless you are a speedster(flash, Quicksilver etc) they don't start at speeds that Thanos can't handle. SS casually stands in stars and Thor took blast from Thanos clone that destroyed a nearby planet. So their durability is pretty high. and thanos kill ss with his hands and slaps thor like a biatch.

@WillPayton: you ask and will receive. my link button does not work so copy and paste.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/9489/durability2nm6.jpg

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1097/durability3as2.jpg his durability is off the charts

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/835/energy7bq2.jpg a few blast is all it takes

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9413/energy18bb3.jpg put that little hammer away

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6882/fight173uk9.jpg kills surfer

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3100/fight175ru8.jpg taking his lifeless body away

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7683/fight19gl7.jpg irritated by Thor

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Saren

Thor did not take a planet-busting blast from a Thanosi. The Thanosi used two separate energy attacks, the first one brought Thor to his knees in pain, and the second one was used to destroy a planet. There is no reason to assume both blasts were of equal intensity (especially since the Thanosi wasn't particularly interested in fighting Thor).

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pooty

@CitizenBane: You showed me the scan i think. I was debating with someone about can Photon hurt Thor is Thor didn't have mjolnir and you showed a scan of it bouncing off of Thor and destroying a planet. You also showed a scan of thor taking a blast from executioner that was said to be the power of the sun. That wasn't you? i will look for it

Makkaar1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Makkaar1984

@pooty said:

@Sydneytuah: disagree. he beats them both as easy as he beats Thor or silver surfer

QFT. Hard to see Thanos going down in this one but depends on writer

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pooty

@Makkaar1984: All these guys have been around for decades. So i take their average showings and go with those. But even Thanos average showings are pretty high end.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Freefa11

@WillPayton: Yes, Thanos beat Surfer to the edge of Death's door in Cosmic Powers Unlimited 1.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thanos also did better in his solo fight with Tyrant than Silver Surfer, Gladiator, and Beta Ray Bill did as a team. He held up against Odin for a while, who early on one-shotted the Surfer, and he fought pretty evenly against Thor who was in Warrior Madness at the time and possessed the Power Gem (and even before he got the Gem, defeated Drax and Maxam).

Thanos at his best can probably take Thor and the Surfer together.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jeanroygrant

They are not taking Thanos....

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By willpayton

@Freefa11 said:

@WillPayton: Yes, Thanos beat Surfer to the edge of Death's door in Cosmic Powers Unlimited 1.

Thanos also did better in his solo fight with Tyrant than Silver Surfer, Gladiator, and Beta Ray Bill did as a team. He held up against Odin for a while, who early on one-shotted the Surfer, and he fought pretty evenly against Thor who was in Warrior Madness at the time and possessed the Power Gem (and even before he got the Gem, defeated Drax and Maxam).

Thanos at his best can probably take Thor and the Surfer together.

Well then, I guess Thanos wins.

capfan80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By capfan80

@Sydneytuah: You gave birth to Thanos!? Your baby is UUUUUUGGGGGLLLLLLYYYYYY!!!!!!

capfan80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By capfan80

I'll go with the team vs Thanos minus IG.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By TifaLockhart

Speed is going to be a pain, but I have confidence in the Mad Titan. His durability is insane.

thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thatguy

They just barely edge Thanos out here.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By czarny_samael666

Thanos. He is stronger, more durable and they aren't speedsters. 

First_Last

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By First_Last

I haven't seen anything from either one that makes me think they could put the Titan down individually or together. So... Thanos.

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DeathsHead2

Demi-god(s) powered Duo FTW here, maybe 6+/10.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By the creator

Christ, I read the crap posted in these threads and despair. The huge number of incorrect facts and wide assumptions never ceases to amaze me. And what makes it worse is some members of the vine reading this crap believe it to be correct.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Freefa11

@the creator: Any particular examples you want to address, or are you just venting?

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the creator

The Hulk did not lift 150 billion tonnes in the Secret Wars comic. The cover mentions this weight but in the comic he clearly states that he is simply bracing the section of the mountain above the cavern they are in. This is unlikely to equate to 150 billion tonnes but no one can say what it really is (its unquantifiable). The Midgard Serpent has been shown at many sizes and none of them come close to being the same size (volume) as the Earth, putting aside the creative license of the artists. Hence it's mass is at most a very small fraction of the Earth. If anyone wants to tell me the weight of the sky / heavens that Hercules holds up is please do so. And while you are at it, tell me how he actually supports it. Its a mystical effect so it's unquantifiable. Feats that can be quantified can tell us what a character can accomplish. Feats like holding up the sky are a point of interest but that is all because it cannot be measured, especially when it involves mystically forces. Superman has moved the Earth (with help from Wonder Woman and Green lantern) so we could consider that he has 'lifted' at least 30% of the Earths mass (and before anyone says his flight power assisted, his flight power does not assist the strength of his hands or arms to take the strain when he is pulling against this mass). That is a quantifiable feat. Throughout DC history, Captain Marvel has been shown on many occasions to be a physical rival of Superman. Captain Marvel has also been shown to be a physical rival to Wonder Woman, who in turn is a physical rival to Superman. Black Adam has been shown to be a physical rival to Capt Marvel. We have seen feats from Black Adam that show him running at speeds of Mach 500, avoiding obstacles, clearly showing his thought processes allow him to operate at this speed comfortably, processing sensory info and altering his path in much the same way the Flash does. So yes Black Adam and Capt Marvel are physical equals to Superman. Yes the Silver Surfer has flown through stars. Does that matter here.....no because Capt Marvel and Black Adam dont employ fire or heat attacks. The Surfer has also had his head badly dented by Thor. Thor who has shown nowhere near the level of strength of Superman and in turn Capt Marvel or Black Adam. Remember feats that can be quantified act as evidence. Wishful thinking does not. Thor has been shown to need help lifting Asgard (he got Beta Ray Bill to help him). When we look at a character, look at all their feats, not just isolated ones. Finally for someone to say that Thanos is stronger than them and more durable and that the pair of DC characters are not speedsters is poor debating. Where is the proof that Thanos is stronger or more durable (to physical blows). Let's see Thanos lifting a small moon by himself or withstanding blows from a being that strong. And Capt Marvel and Black Adam may not start a fight at super speed but they can move up their speed just like Superman or Wonder Woman. They have shown several super speed activities, like the example of Black Adam moving at Mach 500. If Thanos can accomplish activities at this speed, let's see them.

DrRenekton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DrRenekton

@Immortal777 said:

You best be trolling....... or I lost faith in humanity.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By whacknasty

@the creator: Nice breakdown, thank you.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Emperorb777

@DrRenekton said:

@Immortal777 said:

You best be trolling....... or I lost faith in humanity.

?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By pooty

@the creator: nevermind. forget my previous response to you.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Emperorb777

@the creator: good explanation

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kinasin_

@Immortal777 said:

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TifaLockhart

@czarny_samael666: They're not speedsters?! They're of comparable speed to Superman.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Freefa11

@the creator said:

Geez, you ever heard of paragraphs?

You do have some good points. Hulk only bracing the mountain range is clearly stated. Then again, I think an entire mountain range could easily weigh more than that, so it could refer to the amount he's bracing. It's also not really Hulk's most outrageous feat. The most ridiculous would be him smashing an asteroid twice the size of earth (frankly, that whole issue should just be non-canon, IMO). Worldbreaker destroyed a planet, but then I don't think Worldbreaker fought Thor or SS.

The Midgard Serpent does not scale well from image to image. But then, neither do planets or other large objects, really. The moon Superman once smashed, for example, if you actually look at it, would be what, a couple dozen feet across? In the arc where Thor lifted the Serpent, it may not have had a consistent scale, but it was clearly intended to be encircling the whole earth. It's total mass would depend on its density, but even a lower limit I think would be quite a lot.

You're right about Hercules too, of course. Holding the sky worked in the ancient myths because they actually thought of it as a physical object. Nowadays we know it isn't, so it just doesn't make sense anymore.

The first big problem here is the planet pulling one. DC fans always like to take the very simple approach that pulling strength = hitting strength, probably because this feat gives a huge number that isn't readily duplicated by Marvel, since I don't think any of Marvel's heroes have actually pushed the earth out of orbit.

However, like I said, this is a really overly simplistic approach to things. Lifting power and hitting power or destructive power are not the same. If they were, then the most powerful strikers in the world would be bodybuilders and strongmen instead of boxers. Likewise, there's a reason boxers, UFC fighters, and traditional martial artists are typically not built at all like bodybuilders and most of them don't engage in extensive weightlifting (except maybe the MMA guys who focus mainly on grappling).

Really, all moving the planet technically proves is that Superman can move huge amounts of weight. This might suggest that he can hit really hard (which he obviously can), but there is no reason at all to believe it is a 1:1 correlation, and moreover, given his long history, there's no reason at all to believe it is a 1:1 correlation if we've never actually seen him hit that hard.

In a battle context, confirmed hitting power or destructive power are actually a lot more relevant than lifting power. To the best of my knowledge, Superman destroying a small moon off Saturn and the Shadow Moon are his best destructive feats. The former doesn't mean that much, because most of Saturn's moons are very small (less than 10 km across; quite a few are less than 1 km across), and the latter knocked him out and seemed to be about the limit of the force he could generate. They also both required flying rams, so it's not like a standard punch thrown by him from a standing position is going to hit that hard.

On the other hand, Silver Surfer actually destroyed a planet as a side effect of fighting Morg. Thanos destroyed a planet as a side effect of fighting Drax. Worldbreaker Hulk destroyed a planet as a side effect of fighting Red She-Hulk. Gladiator has destroyed a planet by punching it repeatedly. I believe Beta Ray Bill has destroyed a planet as well, though I forget the specifics. So all of these guys are confirmed in the planet-buster range, and Thor is also in there by extension (especially because of Bill, who is obviously a carbon copy). That's actually better than Superman. Maybe they'd lose an arm-wrestling contest, but when it actually comes to blowing stuff up, they do just fine.

Yes the Silver Surfer has flown through stars. Does that matter here.....no because Capt Marvel and Black Adam dont employ fire or heat attacks.

The core of a star has a little more going on than just heat. The pressure is absurdly high (a bit over 1.5 billion tons per square inch), for one. That's actually going to be a lot more comparable to a punch than the heat is.

Remember feats that can be quantified act as evidence. Wishful thinking does not. Thor has been shown to need help lifting Asgard (he got Beta Ray Bill to help him). When we look at a character, look at all their feats, not just isolated ones.

Eh? Superman and Wonder Woman have never had a hard time lifting something miniscule compared to the earth? I'm kind of doubtful. I know for sure Orion has, and he's supposed to be up in their league as well. You're quick to point out an inconsistency in Thor's strength, but it's not like Superman pushing planets around is an everyday occurrence for him.

Simple fact is all comic characters who ever operate anywhere near planetary level are full of inconsistencies. The writers just aren't able to properly scale those kinds of feats.

Finally for someone to say that Thanos is stronger than them and more durable and that the pair of DC characters are not speedsters is poor debating. Where is the proof that Thanos is stronger or more durable (to physical blows).

I agree that CM and BA are speedsters on par with Superman, and I'm not sure why this would be questioned (well, except I have seen someone present proof of BA having a hard time with, or even flat out losing to, Jay Garrick on more than one occasion, and I'm not sure that would happen to Superman). Why do you put "physical blows" in parentheses? Is there actual evidence that it is some sort of weakness of his? I'm pretty sure there is not, otherwise one of his enemies would have noticed by now and tried to use that against him. He took multiple shots from a Warrior Madness, Power Gem enhanced Thor and was smiling. He took hits from Classic Drax even before his upgrades from Mistress Death. BRB is a confirmed planet buster, so that should go to Thor as well, and Warrior Madness Thor is both amped and bloodlusted.

Let's see Thanos lifting a small moon by himself or withstanding blows from a being that strong.

Show these guys destroying a planet, or harming someone who's confirmed to tank planet-busting attacks. Seriously, the "strength" argument you're using is almost exactly like claiming that a body builder will beat a pro-boxer because he can lift more weight. It actually isn't going to help him at all.

And Capt Marvel and Black Adam may not start a fight at super speed but they can move up their speed just like Superman or Wonder Woman. They have shown several super speed activities, like the example of Black Adam moving at Mach 500. If Thanos can accomplish activities at this speed, let's see them.

I know he was capable of reacting to Ganymede, who fights at high speed, but I don't know if it was ever confirmed by how much. I believe he has dodged or deflected Mjolnir after Thor has thrown it as well, and Mjolnir is capable of traveling FTL at its best, but I'd have to double check that.

I do not believe Thanos is actually as fast as CM or BA, but I think he is faster than people give him credit for.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By Billy Batson

Either one could solo.
BB

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49  Edited By Killemall

@pooty said:

@CitizenBane: You showed me the scan i think. I was debating with someone about can Photon hurt Thor is Thor didn't have mjolnir and you showed a scan of it bouncing off of Thor and destroying a planet. You also showed a scan of thor taking a blast from executioner that was said to be the power of the sun. That wasn't you? i will look for it

Just wanted to add something, sorry not related to the topic, why would Photon not be able to hurt Thor? Thor has been taken down by radiation from thermal man's blast and he has weakness to gas. Besides just because his body from the outside is durable doesnt automatically mean his body from the inside is too.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50  Edited By Deranged Midget

Thanos bloodlusted would be no joke, but I can't see him taking out both Marvel and Adam at the same time. Either one would give him trouble alone.