Thanos runs the Terminator Franchise durability gauntlet

Avatar image for the_institution
The_Institution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rules. No rest/recovery/healing in between rounds he will take each one after the other, and he's not allowed to fight back.

Scenario A) No armor

Scenario B) With armor

Round 1.

T-800 firing 8, 12 Gauge armor piercing rounds at Thanos face

T3 Get Down GIF | Gfycat

Round 2.

5 Minutes of T-800 shooting with Minigun

TERMINATOR 2 MiniGun on Make a GIF

Round 3

Thanos in Propane truck and it exploding

Science Fiction Horror GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Round 4.

TWO direct hits from RPG-7 Anti-Tank rocket

Terminator 3 Rise Of The Machine 2003 Cemetery Battle #FULL GIF ...

Round 5.

60 Haymaker Punches from T-800

Terminator(s) Respect Thread - Gen. Discussion - Comic Vine

Round 6.

T-850 striking Thanos for TWENTY minutes non stomp at full strength

Terminator 3: T-850 Corrupted on Make a GIF

Round 7.

Helicopter Fall from Terminator Genysis (Has to tank it face first)

Round 8.

Two Hydrogen Fuel cell detonations (One at a time)

Round 9.

30 minutes of Giant Terminator slams (Not holding back)

Latest Flashback Fm GIFs | Gfycat

Round 10.

Three minutes complete submerged in molten metal

Terminator 2 Ok GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Round 11. (Finale Round)

Direct hit from Terminator Salvation MOAB

Bonus Round

Thanos replaces Sarah Connor, can he survive?

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

Spectral__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

Not clearing the bonus round, he'd be too weak after all the others.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No sells 1-9

Dies at 10

Easily tanks the bonus

The_Institution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edit Bonus Bonus round

Acid Bath

Loading Video...

Has to stand underneath it for three minutes.

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way he's surviving the acid bath.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dies at the nukes on both rounds. Healed or unhealed. He has no feats to suggest he can survive a nuke.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectral__: Dude was fine after being teleported into a star

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see any reason why he wouldn't clear. Maybe you can argue the acid or radiation of the nuke would kill him, as he doesn't have resistant feats against those I'm aware of, but kinetic energy and heat wise, he should be fine.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano said:

Dies at the nukes on both rounds. Healed or unhealed. He has no feats to suggest he can survive a nuke.

He would be several miles away from ground zero though. The heat wasn't even enough to instantly kill regular people from that distance, so Thanos, who is stronger "tank full force of star" Thor, should be able to take it from that distance. If he was at ground zero, then yeah, he would be dead.

No way he's surviving the acid bath.

What makes you say that? He has never really tanked acid, but I think from an in universe perspective, acid isn't likely going to kill Thanos.

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Acid works on completely different principals that energy and durability feats don't matter.

Mere seconds of acid was able to melt the T-1000 in seconds, Thanos would be critically injured from that even if you assumed he had titanium level acid resistance let alone three minute shower of it.

The_Institution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

Just for clarification this is MCU Thanos.

I forgot to include that in the title, sorry.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kell_saloks: Yes, which is one of the reasons I think he could arguably stop at the acid. I'm just saying from a in universe point of view, I feel like the writers would make Thanos resistant to acid. I mean they only had 1 victory out of millions of possibilities, and Dr strange can transform and teleport objects. If acid was all that was needed, they would have probably got some, lol. We are also talking about a guy who can resist the cosmic energy of the universe, as he can wear the infinity gantlet, which was killing Hulk by just putting it on. So like I said, he doesn't have acid feats, but he should logically be resistant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea5f4ffce0c1
deactivated-5ea5f4ffce0c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is not clearing 10.

MrViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scenario A : Stops at 6

Scenario B : Stops at 9

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Institution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kell_saloks: Yes, which is one of the reasons I think he could arguably stop at the acid. I'm just saying from a in universe point of view, I feel like the writers would make Thanos resistant to acid. I mean they only had 1 victory out of millions of possibilities, and Dr strange can transform and teleport objects. If acid was all that was needed, they would have probably got some, lol. We are also talking about a guy who can resist the cosmic energy of the universe, as he can wear the infinity gantlet, which was killing Hulk by just putting it on. So like I said, he doesn't have acid feats, but he should logically be resistant.

That's head canon.

No one probably thought acid would be effective because of that same logic, "Oh Thanos is Thanos so let's not bother trying since it obviously wouldn't work because he's Thanos"

It's circular logic tbh, besides it's not regular acid I put in the gauntlet but SUPER acid.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_institution:

That's head canon.

Somewhat, but I believe it was stated the infinity stones created the universe, and we know they can create/destroy anything in the universe. Thanos could survive that power. Just touching the power stone kills regular people and completely destroys them. Being resistant to the power to destroy matter should give at least some level of acid resistance.

No one probably thought acid would be effective because of that same logic, "Oh Thanos is Thanos so let's not bother trying since it obviously wouldn't work because he's Thanos"

But Strange looked into millions of futures, it's not like it was just them spitballing ideas at each other on how to beat Thanos.

It's circular logic tbh, besides it's not regular acid I put in the gauntlet but SUPER acid.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I said Thanos arguably stops there. But by that same logic, characters like Goku, Superman, and even gods would die by that acid just because they don't have acid feats.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_institution:

That's head canon.

Somewhat, but I believe it was stated the infinity stones created the universe, and we know they can create/destroy anything in the universe. Thanos could survive that power. Just touching the power stone kills regular people and completely destroys them. Being resistant to the power to destroy matter should give at least some level of acid resistance.

But Strange looked into millions of futures, it's not like it was just them spitballing ideas at each other on how to beat Thanos.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I said Thanos arguably stops there. But by that same logic, characters like Goku, Superman, and even gods would die by that acid just because they don't have acid feats.

Fair point regarding the initial heat-wave, however when we see the coming "shockwave" or whatever that is, it casually wipes everything on the ground.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano: It blew them away because they were ash. The playground equipment and her skeleton was fine.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lucano

@alextheboss: That is a very inconsistent take, given that the same shockwave was bringing skyscrappers and other buldings down... The shockwave destroying buildings starts at 1:50. So, those are weak-ass buildings and vehicles and trees, or the playground equipment is made of vibranium...

Loading Video...

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano: Ummmmm you realize the shockwave gets weaker over distance right? lmao.

Hetero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano: Ummmmm you realize the shockwave gets weaker over distance right? lmao.

And? The shockwave was still turning buldings and basically the land into ash... Thanos has zero feats to suggest he can survive the heat, specially for the prolongued time a nuclear explosion produces, let alone a shockwave that desintegrates the buildings from an entire city for what we can tell.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano:

And? The shockwave was still turning buldings and basically the land into ash...

Not by the time it got to Sarah Conor...

Thanos has zero feats to suggest he can survive the heat, specially for the prolongued time a nuclear explosion produces, let alone a shockwave that desintegrates the buildings from an entire city for what we can tell.

He can survive the ground zero heat, but the heat where he has to tank it here didn't even instantly kill humans. Thanos has survived fire from missiles with literally zero damage. The heat would have to instantly vape a human before it came close to killing Thanos and from this distance there isn't that kind of heat.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano:

And? The shockwave was still turning buldings and basically the land into ash...

Not by the time it got to Sarah Conor...

Thanos has zero feats to suggest he can survive the heat, specially for the prolongued time a nuclear explosion produces, let alone a shockwave that desintegrates the buildings from an entire city for what we can tell.

He can survive the ground zero heat, but the heat where he has to tank it here didn't even instantly kill humans. Thanos has survived fire from missiles with literally zero damage. The heat would have to instantly vape a human before it came close to killing Thanos and from this distance there isn't that kind of heat.

You are aware that the scene is a nightmare, right? To capitalize on Sarah's fear and need to stop that from happening. We can argue all day they weren't "one shot" by the heat, but they were turned into ashes... Thanos is not surviving that heat during an extended period of time. He has no feats to suggest it.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering he survived being impaled, snapping the IG twice, crushed by a space ship, fighting off two teams of avengers, a massive army attacking him, and the fact he is at least comparable to Thor who survived the force a star is enough evidence he should clear this.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano: Supposedly they did a lot of research for that scene, and obviously at a certain distance the heat won't be enough to kill Thanos. Based off of that scene, be it a dream or not, Thanos would survive considering how long the humans survived.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

and Sokavia exsplosion is actually stronger than that nuke, it has more energy, which menas more heat

That's not necessarily true. I'm pretty sure nukes are so hot due to the nature of the explosion, not just the size. The sokovia explosion wouldn't nearly be has hot as a nuke, especially based off of visuals.

However maybe you can use Thor's star feat to argue he and Thanos could survive a nuke at ground zero.

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ccbm2208

Stops at 9 in both scenarios.Though I think he can probably handle the preasure of a direct hit from an MOAB.Maybe he can also handle the heat of that nuke at that kind of distance since he tanked being hit by Worthy Cap's lightning for several seconds.Even the tiny bolt of lightning that Avengers 1 Thor used on Iron man still charged his 8 gigawatts arc reactor up to 400%

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Clears. Sarah was pretty far away from the nuke and I think Thanos can survive from that distance.

cbf245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cbf245

Thanos clears. Other than cosmic level weapons and energy, literally nothing hurt him. The only questionable one is round 10 with the molten lava, but I bet if that scene would be put in the movies, the writers would have him survive it.

cbf245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering he survived being impaled, snapping the IG twice, crushed by a space ship, fighting off two teams of avengers, a massive army attacking him, and the fact he is at least comparable to Thor who survived the force a star is enough evidence he should clear this.

Facts

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is 3 minutes in lava below a MOAB? Tanking a moab is much easier as even normal human have survived it (granted they were in buildings and maimed) so there's no reason for thanos not to especially since he is able to tank iron missiles with laughable ease and even have a spaceship dropped on his head with no injuries

Honestly bonus round isn't that hard for him to take. Sarah is incredibly far away from ground zero (not to mention that isn't what would actually happen) and being set on fire is what killed her. The blast didn't even knock down the fence. It likely gets no sold

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrviking: he is not stopping at 6 in either scenario. Stop it he no sells. That thing was barely able to collapse a car something people fodder to thanos have done. I'm pretty sure that's just captain America level strength

Danii79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No sells anything.

God-Thanatos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at any of the nukes

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears easily.

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably 9

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clear all rounds unharmed

Koose104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears assuming he ISNT at ground zero of the nukes

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By macattack1

Clears 1-10 with minimal injury. Hurt by 11 but not serious. Seriously hurt by bonus, could die but probably survives.

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macattack1: Thanos would be absolutely fine being hit with a nuke.

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccbm2208: How would he be harmed at 9? Even Hulk would no sell that.