Thanos runs a Planet Durability Gauntlet.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Image result for thanos 616

• Thanos will be standing at the core of each planet when the explosion happens.
  • 616 Thanos.
  • Fully healed after each round.
  • He loses if he is knocked out or killed.

Round 1.

Image result for earth

2.)

Image result for saturn

3.)

Image result for jupiter

4.)

Image result for hd 106906 b

Mass 11 times that of Jupiter's.

5.)

Image result for the sun

Yes I know it isn't a planet.

6.) . Combined size of everything in this gauntlet. Standing at the core just like every other round.

Does thanos clear?

Fantaman11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Casually clears. Lmao this guy takes hits from Odin who is casually low multiversal, takes hits full powered of Galactus or takes x-bomb which bodies no named celestials

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kevd4wg

Arguably doesn't have the feats to clear 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-63a599f1d59e7
deactivated-63a599f1d59e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea I could see him clearing

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Casually clears. Lmao this guy takes hits from Odin who is casually low multiversal, takes hits full powered of Galactus or takes x-bomb which bodies no named celestials

Multiversal odin...

Image result for laughing gif

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

Oh boy...

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 takenstew22  Moderator  Online

Probably gets K.O.'d at 5 or 6.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 morpheus_  Moderator

@kevd4wg said:

Fifth round is an exploding sun, and all that did was singe his clothes. You can argue he's not consistently on that level, but he has the feat.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's tanked gas giant explosions to the face, and survived a black hole, he clears.

Fantaman11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's tanked gas giant explosions to the face, and survived a black hole, he clears.

this

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:
@kevd4wg said:

Oh boy...

Inb4 pulls out something I said 2 years ago

@kevd4wg said:

Fifth round is an exploding sun, and all that did was singe his clothes. You can argue he's not consistently on that level, but he has the feat.

Unless that's happened recently, that's never happened. I'm assuming you're talking about Thanos #12, but that was a gas giant, not a sun

I've seen people say it was a star a few times, but I have literally no idea how that started getting thrown around

Avatar image for deactivated-5d880b7f8c5bf
deactivated-5d880b7f8c5bf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: bruh you’ve said Thanos tanks solar system busting attacks lol why u trolling now?

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He survived, and was presumably not knocked out by a 2 light year sized black hole. He clears.

Also how can you say he doesn’t clear 2 when he has had a planet exactly like Saturn blown up in his face and he was fine?

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He survived, and was presumably not knocked out by a 2 light year sized black hole. He clears.

Also how can you say he doesn’t clear 2 when he has had a planet exactly like Saturn blown up in his face and he was fine?

Not sure where that was from (I know what feat you mean though), but it wasn't a 2 LY Black Hole. It had the power to absorb or whatever black holes does, everything within a 2 light year distance.

OT: He clears

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: bruh you’ve said Thanos tanks solar system busting attacks lol why u trolling now?

Key word, that was a long time ago. The only durability feat he's got on that level is the black hole collapsing, which was compared to a nuke by Gamora making it's validity questionable, and he got pretty hurt by it as we seem him undergoing surgery later and we don't know the damage it did to him.

Also in the same arc as that he said he would've died w/o three shields to a dude who got killed by large planet busting.

Thanos doesn't have any quantifiable solar system level feats, just sketchy scaling.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@byondeon: Yeah you are right, my mistake.

But it doesn’t change the outcome.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By byondeon

@man_of_miracles: It doesn't change the outcome. But people usually think the black hole is 2 light years wide because they read 2 light years in the panel.. Don't remember what comic it was

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: lowballing now Kev huh? Is this to atone for FTL combat speed Thanos?

On a serious note, I need to read Infinity Abyss. Do you have that Gamora scan though?

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: I actually just re-read it and yeah it states that the black hole ‘pulled in everything within 2 light years’. Easy to misremember though.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 morpheus_  Moderator

@kevd4wg: Fair point - and for me it's just poor memory.

But at the same time a gas giant would ensure he clears 2, and you mentioned he lacks the feats to do so.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

@man_of_miracles: It doesn't change the outcome. But people usually think the black hole is 2 light years wide because they read 2 light years in the panel.. Don't remember what comic it was

It's Infinity Abyss, and if it was a 2 year black hole it'd be a massive outlier.

On a serious note, I need to read Infinity Abyss. Do you have that Gamora scan though?

I'd like to see feats to suggest that Thanos can withstand a planet with 100 times the Mass of Earth exploding point blank. I honestly think the Odin Feat is about it and I'm not convinced that's consistent. There's also the Gas Giant feat, which maybe could put him up to Jupiter.

Here's the gamora scan

TheHolyFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say he stops at 6.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Gamora didn’t say a nuke. She asked if he ran into an “unstable nuclear device”.

Considering the technology Thanos has access to it is impossible to say what kind of yield Gamora could have been referring to. Likely something much more potent than a conventional nuclear weapon considering he just survived a black hole. Even the dumbest writer would know the massive difference between a conventional nuke and a black hole.

He has also survived and wasn’t even phased by a gas giant blowing up in his face. So I don’t really see why you think his durability is so sketchy as to not be able to pass round 2.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
@byondeon said:

It's Infinity Abyss, and if it was a 2 year black hole it'd be a massive outlier.

Thanks. Also, how though is it an outlier, considering that noone that have that kind of destructive powers have been able to faze him..

@destinyishere said:

I'd like to see feats to suggest that Thanos can withstand a planet with 100 times the Mass of Earth exploding point blank. I honestly think the Odin Feat is about it and I'm not convinced that's consistent. There's also the Gas Giant feat, which maybe could put him up to Jupiter.

Here's the gamora scan

Thanos is too powerful to be knocked out by exploding planets, no matter their size. He would easily take exploding suns with no damage.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: Saturn and Jupiter in particular are several times larger then other gas giants(Jupiter is like 20 times bigger then Neptune i think)

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Unstable nuclear device? Yeah idk how powerful space nukes really are, especially ones invented by geniuses like Thanos. Though I’m going to check up on Omegas death when I read Infinity Abyss, then debate it with you.

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos took an upclose gas giant explosion vs Fallen One

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos clears. He’s tanked planet explosions, gas giant explosions, and even a black hole. This won’t beat him.

Thirdeev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears, Thanos' durability is one of his greatest asset

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Unstable nuclear device? Yeah idk how powerful space nukes really are, especially ones invented by geniuses like Thanos. Though I’m going to check up on Omegas death when I read Infinity Abyss, then debate it with you.

Uh huh, I'm sure that Starlin meant Thanos's solar system nukes instead of like a literal nuke. Especially since Thanos was around mountain level the whole story.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Do you think that Starlin doesn’t know how big of a difference there is between a black hole and a nuclear bomb?

Also why would he write “nuclear device” instead of bomb if that’s what he meant?

I’m trying to wrap my head around how you think that feat is nuke level.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: He might have lol? Sarcasm doesn’t work. And I’ll have to check up on that.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Do you think that Starlin doesn’t know how big of a difference there is between a black hole and a nuclear bomb?

Also why would he write “nuclear device” instead of bomb if that’s what he meant?

I’m trying to wrap my head around how you think that feat is nuke level.

Honestly yeah considering how he wrote someone who almost one-shot Thanos as < Gas Giant level in the same story. Starlin was clearly talking about a nuclear device that humans don't know about and Thanos has never shown instead of one that we would relate to.

@kevd4wg: He might have lol? Sarcasm doesn’t work. And I’ll have to check up on that.

Alright cool

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Yeah man and I’m sure Starlin totally believes that a nuclear bomb is equivalent to a black hole.

You are being way to strict in your interpretation here. It says “Nuclear Device” and not nuclear bomb. Also I’m sure that Thanos and Gamora who have access to all kinds of technology that humans don’t have would be taking about a human nuclear bomb.

Your interpretation is honesty just silly and I think you know that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers