Thanos (MCU) vs. Godzilla (Monsterverse)

• 161 results
rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@essentiallyheroes:

@rawsos: You've still yet to prove a point, whoops.

Ive proved it many times you just cant or dont know how to read

Godzilla who gets tired extremely easily still doesn't seem like he's superior Thanos and his legion who can easily run Godzilla's stamina down.

Never once does he get tired. Have ever tried swimming for miles without eating or sleeping for three days? i dont think so. Godzilla has though. Any proof that thanos ships (your trump card) can even hurt godzilla? They couldnt even break the shields of the sorcerers, who i know from a fact that not all of them are as good as strange. You think He'll ram the ship into godzilla? nope when does thanos just ram his ships thats out of character, and even then the ships would explode they dont travel at light speed they hop through entry points at every galaxy.

Thanos who physically outclasses Thor and Hulk, has long range tactics, and the capability of strategizing still has my vote.

Irrelevant Thor and Hulk would lose to G so you actually have yet to prove your point

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins .

He has the biggest army in the whole universe which was beating the combined efforts of every hero and army in the MCU , destroyed the Korbinite and Xandar ( some of the most highly advanced civilizations in the universe ) , and conquered thousands of planets .

Including 250 ft long giant Leviathans .

The Sanctuary 2 can fire kinetic missiles . A dozen or so of which cause a mile wide crater ( according to the script ) . It has hundreds of plasma cannons which posed a danger to everyone on the battlefield , including Thor and Hulk and just one of them one shotted a Leviathan .

the misels cant even break the sorcerers sheilds

army is fodder gets one shotted

leviathans are fodder

the only ones who delay the inevitable are the fast ones

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Baldur_Odinson

To be honest, I don't really see Thanos and his Army posing any real threat to Godzilla. But I can be swayed by a good argument.

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for manmadeofhunter
manmadeofhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@essentiallyheroes said:

@hulk_like_fire: What do you mean don't even?! I'm asking you to explain your opinion to me. You tagged me btw.

If you don't want to then agree to disagree, fam.

How 'bout you explain your argument and then I will explain mine because whenever someone explains there's, you always make up random bullshit saying Thanos' spaceship can travel FTL.

LOL dude what ARE you talking about?!

Either tell me how Godzilla beats Thor or call it a day.

Also idk how one would get from one galaxy to another without FTL travel. At least not in this century.

Isocom79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@essentiallyheroes:

What silly justification are you using for Thanos ships having ubermegasuper strength because they can portal from place to place?

Literally every ship we've seen in the MCU Space/Cosmic movies or scenes can do this. Does that mean the escape pod from the GOTG ship is absolutely indestructible?

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos: You keep talking about ramming ships and I keep looking to see who brought that up. I can't seem to... oh wait, that was you.

Anyway, after the Muto fight and fighting Ghidorah its proven that when Godzilla runs out of energy he's done for and can no longer fight. Which according to the movies doesn't take too long.

Thanos on the other hand has no shortage of resources and he him self tanked attacks from Captain Marvel who one shotted his ship and Thor with both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker and never even got injured.

And not to mention Godzilla has no way of formulating an actual plan of attack allowing Thanos to easily out maneuver Godzilla. He can't win if he can't hit his target, he can blow up all the fodder he likes but that hasn't changed. This is a point no one has ever been able to counter on this thread.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for heymanimjusthereforfun
heymanimjusthereforfun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla nuclear pulses and vaporizes everything. :)

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vrrzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wakeupsid: The concussive force and heat of the Nuke was no sold by Godzilla who was metres away with his eyes open. The sanctuary hasn't shown Nuke level feats on screen, and even if they have the firepower it would serve as distraction at best.

The titans are known to survive natural destructions far greater than the power of Nukes, and fact that they get affected by Godzillas atomic breath just shows what it can do to armies affected by Iron man's missiles.

Godzillas tail swipe is supersonic btw, 1 sweep can take out legions if it can knock over ghidora.

Zilla can tank a ton of pain, if he just runs through the army like in Boston, does a Micheal Jackson tailspin most of the work is done right there lol, the atomic breath kills everything he misses

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@essentiallyheroes: You could just stop. Thanos and Thor combined get swatted away like flies.

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@essentiallyheroes: You make a very valid point.

If Sanctuary II parks itself 2km above the surface, Godzilla can never touch it. They can rain fire, missiles etc. with no end.

I think Thanos and his full army have a very good shot at winning.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isocom79 said:

@essentiallyheroes:

What silly justification are you using for Thanos ships having ubermegasuper strength because they can portal from place to place?

Literally every ship we've seen in the MCU Space/Cosmic movies or scenes can do this. Does that mean the escape pod from the GOTG ship is absolutely indestructible?

Listen dude you're trying to put words in my mouth and the conversation is going nowhere so just agree to disagree.

I don't see Thanos getting outmaneuvered or out muscled by Godzilla and you don't see Godzilla getting overwhelmed or fatally wounded by Thanos. Let's just leave it at that.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazzer: Yes, and with the absolute numbers, variety of options, and Thanos' experience commanding an army (not to mention his sword that cuts Vibranium) I don't see Godzilla taking them all out before he gets tired based on how he fights in the movies.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@essentiallyheroes: You could just stop. Thanos and Thor combined get swatted away like flies.

No Caption Provided

Yeeeah, I think I'm done here. I would feel bad actually watching you try to quantify that statement with feats. Bye bye.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@essentiallyheroes: Have you even watched any of the Monsterverse movies? Cause I don't think you would even try to back Thanos.

manmadeofhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By manmadeofhunter

Please don't tell me that people actually believe Thor can beat Godzilla...

Cause Godzilla takes out buildings like they are legos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, he has a slim chance but I think Godzilla takes a majority.

Endgame Final Battle vs Godzilla could go either way.

Isocom79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@essentiallyheroes:

I agree. And i love both characters within their respective universes. And either of us, as well as everyone here would love to see Godzilla cross into the MCU if for just in the Multiverse of Madness...lol

Godzilla did afterall smash the Avengers in the comics. And the director of Godzilla KOTM said it would be a great movie to make! So it would be fun, but its very unlikely...too bad.

manmadeofhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@essentiallyheroesYou keep talking about ramming ships and I keep looking to see who brought that up. I can't seem to... oh wait, that was you.

and who brought up that thanoss ships can pull a win lemme think...he was kinda wanker... oh wait it was you

Anyway, after the Muto fight and fighting Ghidorah its proven that when Godzilla runs out of energy he's done for and can no longer fight. Which according to the movies doesn't take too long.

According to what movies? Three days wow that is totally so short Thanos and his army can obviously hold for that long. Chasing Ghidora for three days while swimming back thousands of miles after getting hit with a micro oxygen bomb wow Godzilla will totally tire out to fodder thanos army

Thanos on the other hand has no shortage of resources and he him self tanked attacks from Captain Marvel who one shotted his ship and Thor with both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker and never even got injured.

Thanos has more shortages than we have doctors in the US rn smh. You are comparing a durability feat thanos has against other characters who would get curbed by godzilla. Godzilla nukes everyone the end and there no stopping him

And not to mention Godzilla has no way of formulating an actual plan of attack allowing Thanos to easily out maneuver Godzilla. He can't win if he can't hit his target, he can blow up all the fodder he likes but that hasn't changed. This is a point no one has ever been able to counter on this thread.

Plan my butt, Godzilla doesnt need one. How can thanos out maneuver godzilla when all G has to do is hit him once with his atomic breath. Is that it? thats your main point that Godzilla cant hit thanos, because i just countered it. Face it dweeb, Godzilla has more than enough the power output, speed, and durability to solo Not just thanos, but most of the MCU, whereas thanos nor his army can even hurt godzilla. This is a point that you keep avoiding therefore you admit defeat and Godzilla wins heehee . lemme quote the moronic words "This is a point no one has ever been able to counter on this thread." gooday sir

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofhunter said:

Well, he has a slim chance but I think Godzilla takes a majority.

Endgame Final Battle vs Godzilla could go either way.

no

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulk_like_fire said:

No Caption Provided

Yeeeah, I think I'm done here. I would feel bad actually watching you try to quantify that statement with feats. Bye bye.

good riddance

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vrrzz said:

@wakeupsid: The concussive force and heat of the Nuke was no sold by Godzilla who was metres away with his eyes open. The sanctuary hasn't shown Nuke level feats on screen, and even if they have the firepower it would serve as distraction at best.

The titans are known to survive natural destructions far greater than the power of Nukes, and fact that they get affected by Godzillas atomic breath just shows what it can do to armies affected by Iron man's missiles.

Godzillas tail swipe is supersonic btw, 1 sweep can take out legions if it can knock over ghidora.

Zilla can tank a ton of pain, if he just runs through the army like in Boston, does a Micheal Jackson tailspin most of the work is done right there lol, the atomic breath kills everything he misses

this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos: I wasn't being a troublemaker

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname said:

So you think good performance in a fight against far weaker oppenents is better than having close fights with much stronger beings?

I'm not sure what you mean by this but Godzilla performance in every fight we see on screen has me finding it hard to believe he can beat an entire fleet on his own. He collapses after large building level attacks.

Who the hell even brought up Burning Godzilla? Is this an attempt to have at least one correct "argument" in your post?

Several people in the thread brought it up, it was in response to them.

A good chunk of his army as well as a 560m mothership got completely vaporised by a 0.2 megaton nuke. Titans literally eat those things. Fodder army is completely incapable of damaging Godzilla.

That was a Chitauri command center. Thanos has his own, so the events of Avengers 1 mean nothing when talking about the Sanctuary II which is Thanos' ship from Endgame.

Ironic since shin is pretty much the only Godzilla to take heavy damage from conventional weapons. If any version is a pushover its shin. Humanity could end him at any time with a low yield nuke.

I meant that Shin Godzilla was the better movie, this Godzilla movie is so surface-level in comparison. But that's a conversation for another day.

@essentiallyheroes said:

@rawsos: They can irritate him just like the Mutos did. By just pushing him over and hitting him a bunch till he uses all his energy fighting and passes out.

Also, do you know how durable something has to be to survive flying through space hundred to thousands of times faster than light? That's faaaaar more than some nukes pal. Thanos ships fly from one galaxy to another. They tank the massive temperatures and pressures. Godzilla cannot damage them.

The only reason Captain Marvel was able to beat them is because she can fly massively FTL with no ship ergo she is that strong herself.

You think they can push around 100 000 tons?

If they can flatten the Avengers HQ in a few seconds, then yes. Even Scarlet Witch's powers could barely protect her from a single shot from the gunship.

1- MCU has jump points which allow FTL travel. 2- FTL travel does not take any amount of durability because it breaks physics. 3- They don't even collide with objects while flying. 4- Again chitauri ship got vaporised by a low yield nuke, chitauri metal was busted by mid rangeg bullets, Sanctuary II's undamaged wing got ripped in half from a subsonic fall into a lake, Q-Ships get busted by falling at subsonic speed.

Again, when did Thanos use a Chitauri ship in Endgame?? The Sanctuary II is not chitauri even though he keeps his chitauri soldiers in there so point invalid on Avengers 1 nuke feat.

There absolutely is a minimum durability even for jump points. It keeps the beings inside form being pulled apart.

@essentiallyheroes said:

@takenstew22: Lol you say that like its not impressive! He survived for almost a minute and was still in one piece, just burned.

Do you know how hot a neutron star is?

1012 kelvin. That's way hotter than any temperature possible to be produced on Earth by a nuke. And hotter than Godzilla has ever tanked or produced.

Edit: For reference, our sun is 5778 Kelvin or 9941 Farenheight.

A neutron star is 10 to the 12th power kelvin or 1799999999540.33 degrees Farenheight.

Thats the case with newborn neutron stars. Nidavellir is stated to have an old star multiple times and we can see its surface colour which indicates 5000-6600 K surface temperature for it.

Wrong, its a neutron star. Please don't make up facts.

No Caption Provided

Only large building level? Due to visual damage? By the same logic MCU high tiers can be downed by peak human level hits and Thanos is wall level. Also just due to mass and speed hits from Titans would have 100s of GJ-TJ level energy.

Literally no post has anything about that before your post.

Congrats on ignoring the part about all the other ships including Sanctuary II

Lol blowing up a mid sized building in about a dozen hits is impressive? Scarlet Witch had difficulty lifting a 100-500 ton tower top and pushing Vision through soil or rock + she couldnt contain a small explosive.

???. I don't even understand what you are trying to say there. How is even creatures inside surviving an indication of ship's super durability? Also again, Sanctuary II's undamaged wing got ripped in half due to a fall with rather underwhelming speed not to mention in water.

??????. I even say its the case for newborn neutron stars. I never denied it being a neutron star. Its certainly not a young one let alone a newborn one. Its surface color indicates a temperature of 6600 K at most.

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos said:
@chaoselement said:
@rawsos said:
@hulk_like_fire said:

@essentiallyheroes: Have you even watched any of the Monsterverse movies? Cause I don't think you would even try to back Thanos.

exactly

Yes he can.

what?

I mean with his entire army and all the help he can win this.

how what can the avenger or thanos do to hurt godzilla? other than strange making a portal and chopping his head off

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos said:
@chaoselement said:
@rawsos said:
@chaoselement said:
@rawsos said:
@hulk_like_fire said:

exactly

Yes he can.

what?

I mean with his entire army and all the help he can win this.

how what can the avenger or thanos do to hurt godzilla? other than strange making a portal and chopping his head off

Strange throws him into the mirror dimension.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've watched the Godzilla movies and Skull Island multiple times. That's the entire reason I commented on this thread. I also read Gojipedia and looked into the tie in novels to see if there was something I wasn't aware of. There wasn't and I still don't see anything that puts the Monsterverse on par with Thor's durability. He took a full force blast from a neutron star (which to reiterate is over 1 TRILLION degrees farenheit while our SUN is just under 10,000 degrees and a nuclear blast is between 50 and 150 Million degrees) after restarting the massive reactor manually with his own hands. When you throw in Stormbreaker which bodied a blast from all 6 infinity stones and is nigh indestructible, I just don't see what in the monsterverse equates to that. Nukes? A meteor? A large building level attack?

That's what I wanted you to explain to me.

Also I apologize if I offended you before.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isocom79 said:

@essentiallyheroes:

I agree. And i love both characters within their respective universes. And either of us, as well as everyone here would love to see Godzilla cross into the MCU if for just in the Multiverse of Madness...lol

Godzilla did afterall smash the Avengers in the comics. And the director of Godzilla KOTM said it would be a great movie to make! So it would be fun, but its very unlikely...too bad.

Yeah, I've wanted that ever since I was a kid and saw that crossover comic lol

Who knows maybe in 10 years when Disney buys the rest of the entertainment industry, it will be on the horizon haha. But until then we can only dream.

Anyway, stay safe, the world is crazy rn.

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

I'm already gone, lol.

Sayonara :)

Take care, buddy. I haven't actually read even a single post from you here, so I still have no idea what these people are salty about. Quite frankly, I don't care.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Logistical disagreement.

But as long as OP is happy with how their thread turned out I'm cool either way.

Stay safe out there!

Moosie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty sure big ol dino eats him

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its not due to lack of knowledge about MV but instead being biased for MCU. He just ignores the points debunking his claims and keeps making the same claims over and over again with 0 change.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname said:
@hulk_like_fire said:

I think its not due to lack of knowledge about MV but instead being biased for MCU. He just ignores the points debunking his claims and keeps making the same claims over and over again with 0 change.

Can Stormbreaker's sharp blade cut into Godzilla?

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname said:
@hulk_like_fire said:

Likely not by feats. I don't know any feat from it indicating it being capable of causing more pressure than a close range high yield nuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname said:
@chaoselement said:
@nwname said:
@hulk_like_fire said:

Likely not by feats. I don't know any feat from it indicating it being capable of causing more pressure than a close range high yield nuke

But that's heat, Stormbreaker deals piercing damage.

Thanos took Uru busting snaps without much harm yet Stormbreaker cutted into his skin like butter, i think that if we go by Tony's statements (light up a continent) Thor has a large chance due to his mobility, speed and flight to solo Godzilla.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname:

Ok, lets pretend Thanos has 0 feats whatsoever.

I've been begging someone to tell me how Godzilla out smarts Thanos' entire fleet and magically pulls them all into his range.

Or where Godzilla's infinite stamina is coming from in this scenario.

But for some reason everyone just keeps calling me a troll for questioning this so I let it go lol

Like I said OP felt like people glossed over their thread so I just brought up the relevant questions. Do with that what you will.