Thanos (MCU) vs. Godzilla (Monsterverse)

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb1a74ef003d
deactivated-5eb1a74ef003d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Thanos has no stones. He only has his armor, his sword, and his forces as seen in Endgame.

No Caption Provided

The fight takes place at the Avengers headquarters rubble.

No Caption Provided

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 takenstew22  Moderator

Godzilla lolstomps. Mismatch.

lichvanastrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lichvanastrea  Online

Godzilla shits all over the field.

Zzxszsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even comic Thanos would lose to all versions of Godzilla.

God-Thanatos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla steps on him.

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How could thanos hurt godzilla. Give him full gauntlet at least

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos: Full gauntlet ?

Just Power Stone equipped Thanos could wreck Godzilla .

With just the Power and Space Stone , Thanos obliterated an entire moon .

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla curbstomps. Mismatch.

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. Godzilla accidentally steps on Thanos without even noticing him.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I'll say it.

This version of Godzilla's kind of a pushover. He gets beaten by everyone he goes up against. He almost lost to some damn bugs in the first one and it took a radiation transfusion and an instakill move just to beat Ghidorah.

Thanos on the other hand, he's stronger than Hulk and on par with Captain Marvel, extremely intelligent with experience waging war and conquering, and a sword that can break VIBRANIUM.

I can see Thanos slashing Godzilla's joints to bring him down to the ground and then land the finishing blow on his head.

And for those of you who are like, "Well burning Godzilla will--" lemme stop you right there. That's not an established part of his moveset. 1 He needs Mothra to flipping DIE and scatter her essence on him and possibly a nuclear bomb to go off in his face to activate that. Also, nobody ever said he can still use it. Case and point he will be fighting Kong King in the next movie and Godzilla won't use that movie against Kong since it will end the movie immediately so that stands to reason that he can't use it at least not without very specific circumstances.

Edit: I just noticed he has all of his forces as well which I'm guessing means the black order and his spaceships. In which case this is overkill.

#bringbackshingodzilla

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb1a74ef003d
deactivated-5eb1a74ef003d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you all read the description? Thanos isn't fighting Godzilla 1 on 1. He has his whole army and fleet as seen in the final battle of Endgame.

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gojira vaporizes him and his army

Avatar image for deactivated-5fcab2f88a72f
deactivated-5fcab2f88a72f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zzxszsx said:

Even comic Thanos would lose to all versions of Godzilla.

Stupid trolls

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you all read the description? Thanos isn't fighting Godzilla 1 on 1. He has his whole army and fleet as seen in the final battle of Endgame.

I know right, I was like I know these folks are missing something if they think Team Thanos goes down easy lol

Anyway, Thanos and his homies get swanky new boots.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 takenstew22  Moderator

Everyone read the description. The fact of the matter is they can't do anything to Godzilla.

I know right, I was like I know these folks are missing something if they think Team Thanos goes down easy lol

Except they do go down easy.

Nashiruu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla curbstomps and then proceeds to fuck the avengers. Nobody here can hurt godzilla due to severe size advantage. Burning godzilla solos the verse except Ego and Dormammu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The army can't do anything but be disintegrated

Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla annihilates the fleet

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Godzilla steps on him.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Godzilla stomps, literally

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Godzilla might be able to wreck a few of them, but he has no way of countering an entire alien army.

Think about it.

He will have 1,000 outsiders crawling up his legs, ships shooting at him from above, Ebony Maw stabbing him in the eyes. And Thanos with his (let me remind you) blade that cuts Vibranium slicing all over his body. Also, keep in mind Thanos is physically stronger than Hulk and on par with Captain Marvel. He will slice Godzilla like butter.

Also, this Godzilla sucks at fighting so he will go down easy. Also, you can't really bring up burning Godzilla because it's not an established part of his moveset and requires special conditions to activate.

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I'll say it.

This version of Godzilla's kind of a pushover. He gets beaten by everyone he goes up against. He almost lost to some damn bugs in the first one and it took a radiation transfusion and an instakill move just to beat Ghidorah.

Thanos on the other hand, he's stronger than Hulk and on par with Captain Marvel, extremely intelligent with experience waging war and conquering, and a sword that can break VIBRANIUM.

I can see Thanos slashing Godzilla's joints to bring him down to the ground and then land the finishing blow on his head.

And for those of you who are like, "Well burning Godzilla will--" lemme stop you right there. That's not an established part of his moveset. 1 He needs Mothra to flipping DIE and scatter her essence on him and possibly a nuclear bomb to go off in his face to activate that. Also, nobody ever said he can still use it. Case and point he will be fighting Kong King in the next movie and Godzilla won't use that movie against Kong since it will end the movie immediately so that stands to reason that he can't use it at least not without very specific circumstances.

Edit: I just noticed he has all of his forces as well which I'm guessing means the black order and his spaceships. In which case this is overkill.

#bringbackshingodzilla

@heisenberg57 said:

Those mutos where not mere insects. Godzilla survived the Permian impact that killed off the dinosaurs and shows no battle damage whatsoever in any of his movies. He gets hurt sure but never any visible damage. He survived 15 MEGATON nukes( It leaves a crater of 1.2 miles and 78 meters deep). He is a 90,000 tonner (can solo Pacific rim verse) . Survives the oxygen destroyer and re-entry. There are way more but there is nothing thanos or his army can do to godzilla. @takenstew22 back me up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos said:
@essentiallyheroes said:

Ok, I'll say it.

#bringbackshingodzilla

@essentiallyheroes said:
@heisenberg57 said:

@heisenberg57 said:

Those mutos where not mere insects. Godzilla survived the Permian impact that killed off the dinosaurs and shows no battle damage whatsoever in any of his movies. He gets hurt sure but never any visible damage. He survived 15 MEGATON nukes( It leaves a crater of 1.2 miles and 78 meters deep). He is a 90,000 tonner (can solo Pacific rim verse) . Survives the oxygen destroyer and re-entry. There are way more but there is nothing thanos or his army can do to godzilla. @takenstew22 back me up.

Well said.

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos: Full gauntlet ?

Just Power Stone equipped Thanos could wreck Godzilla .

With just the Power and Space Stone , Thanos obliterated an entire moon .

This Godzilla tanked a multi Megaton nuke at point blank range.

That is way beyond the durability needed to be fine from Power Stone blasts. Also in the time he tried to do something like that all Godzilla has to do is take a step.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He will have 1,000 outsiders crawling up his legs, ships shooting at him from above, Ebony Maw stabbing him in the eyes. And Thanos with his (let me remind you) blade that cuts Vibranium slicing all over his body. Also, keep in mind Thanos is physically stronger than Hulk and on par with Captain Marvel. He will slice Godzilla like butter.

You're literally saying that Thanos solos here.

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isocom79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, you guys who think Godzilla wouldn't absolutely wreck the entirety of Thanos army single-handedly are deluding yourselves. Godzilla's atomic breath is said to release 55 megatons of energy. That means without turning into Burning Godzilla, his breath has 19600 TIMES the concussive force of the STRONGEST known MCU Hulk punches (shown in Netflix AoS punch into a Vibranium door).

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22: Godzilla might be able to wreck a few of them, but he has no way of countering an entire alien army.

Think about it.

Also, this Godzilla sucks at fighting so he will go down easy. Also, you can't really bring up burning Godzilla because it's not an established part of his moveset and requires special conditions to activate.

LMAO. All he has to do is flex and the insects will be off him. Thanos' sword can only do so much before he gets stomped aswell. He's not cutting through Godzilla casually and taking a vital organ or something, he's gonna get stepped on eventually. What in the actual hell is Ebony Maw gonna do here? Literally every one of them is insects to be crushed. Godzilla can just annihilate every one of the ships with his atomic breath or just simply smash them to the ground. Meanwhile none of these guys can do anything to take him down. Godzilla literally takes nukes for breakfast.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos: Even in straight forward fights, Godzilla is overwhelmed so easily that it's kind of hilarious. He's literally never been in a fight where he didn't get bullied lol

And you bring up the whole surviving nukes thing but didn't he get knocked out just be getting jumped on a bunch? He has high durability but surviving means nothing if you fall over and pass out giving the enemy the chance to kill you.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofhunter: If the main argument here is Godzilla's size, I'd like to bring up the argument of the human body versus a bullet.

Also, Godzilla has no skills, he just breaks things. Thanos has a hyper-advanced intergalactic army under his command. Literally all they do is conquer planets. They can handle one monster. Thanos isn't an idiot, he can tailor a plan on the fly to handle any attack Godzilla has.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@essentiallyheroes: He literally breaks buildings and city blocks just by walking. I'd love to see Thanos dodge Big G's atomic breath, too.

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos: Even in straight forward fights, Godzilla is overwhelmed so easily that it's kind of hilarious. He's literally never been in a fight where he didn't get bullied lol

And you bring up the whole surviving nukes thing but didn't he get knocked out just be getting jumped on a bunch? He has high durability but surviving means nothing if you fall over and pass out giving the enemy the chance to kill you.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

overwhelmed? when was he ever overwhelmed he literally won all his fights with ghidora except for the last one where godzilla still wins. Gets overwhelmed by the mutos you say? Godzilla has been swimming around for days without eating or sleeping chasing after them while getting hit with navy artillery. Survives means you take it. When did i say godzilla was knocked out? he got up right after falling from space (re-entry) and the nukes to the face. When he was hit with the oxygen destroyer, he was able to swim back hundreds of miles back to his little cave. I dont see your point.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: No one said Thanos has to fight Godzilla at his feet. he will likely see what Godzilla can do and then formulate a plan of attack. As I said above, just think about the logistics of this.

Literally all Thanos and his goons have done for years is conquer entire PLANETS. His army knows how to combat hyper-advanced civilizations. They can see how Godzilla fights and adjust accordingly. Godzilla has been knocked down just by getting jumped on. An alien armada is too much for this Godzilla.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@essentiallyheroes: knocked out or not those are still megaton freaking nukes. Knocked out or not that is still re-entry. knocked out or not that is still THE PREMARIAN IMPACT. Thanos nor his army can even survive a fraction of that.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@essentiallyheroes said:

@takenstew22: No one said Thanos has to fight Godzilla at his feet. he will likely see what Godzilla can do and then formulate a plan of attack. As I said above, just think about the logistics of this.

Literally all Thanos and his goons have done for years is conquer entire PLANETS. His army knows how to combat hyper-advanced civilizations. They can see how Godzilla fights and adjust accordingly. Godzilla has been knocked down just by getting jumped on. An alien armada is too much for this Godzilla.

No it's not. "CoNqUeR pLaNeTs" doesn't mean crap when they haven't shown to fight someone as incredibly strong or durable as Godzilla. None of the arsenal Thanos has even compares to a nuke, something Godzilla tanks and no-sells consistently.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos: If you are knocked out you can no longer fight. This gives Thanos the freedom to use either his VIBRANIUM CUTTING blade or some other means to actually kill Godzilla.

Godzilla slept for a few days after fighting just 2 mutos and likely would have died without Serizawa helping him with a radiation boost.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Thanos's ships tank reentry all the time. They can survive FTL travel. They were made to spam enemies from a distance. Godzilla can't beat them.

Thor is much more durable than Godzilla and he stood no chance without a sneak attack and the strongest weapon in the universe.

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos: If you are knocked out you can no longer fight. This gives Thanos the freedom to use either his VIBRANIUM CUTTING blade or some other means to actually kill Godzilla.

Godzilla slept for a few days after fighting just 2 mutos and likely would have died without Serizawa helping him with a radiation boost.

did you read the other post i replied or did you only see the knocked out or not one. Wait, it doesnt matter, because tell me how in the universe can anyone of them even irritate godzilla. Do you think that thanos and his army can survive 15 megaton nukes? the permian impact? Even thanos will not survive re-entry, much less cull, maw, proxima, space whale...

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 takenstew22  Moderator

Thor is much more durable than Godzilla

Loading Video...

Aaand I'm done. The MCU wank is getting way too terrible now.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 takenstew22  Moderator
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos: They can irritate him just like the Mutos did. By just pushing him over and hitting him a bunch till he uses all his energy fighting and passes out.

Also, do you know how durable something has to be to survive flying through space hundred to thousands of times faster than light? That's faaaaar more than some nukes pal. Thanos ships fly from one galaxy to another. They tank the massive temperatures and pressures. Godzilla cannot damage them.

The only reason Captain Marvel was able to beat them is because she can fly massively FTL with no ship ergo she is that strong herself.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Lol you say that like its not impressive! He survived for almost a minute and was still in one piece, just burned.

Do you know how hot a neutron star is?

1012 kelvin. That's way hotter than any temperature possible to be produced on Earth by a nuke. And hotter than Godzilla has ever tanked or produced.

Edit: For reference, our sun is 5778 Kelvin or 9941 Farenheight.

A neutron star is 10 to the 12th power kelvin or 1799999999540.33 degrees Farenheight.

Isocom79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Isocom79

@essentiallyheroes:

You mean the ship that was completely demolished by a nuclear bomb in the first Avengers movie? You know that one that Tony Stark flew through the portal? That one small nuke destroyed one of Thanos entire Sanctuary ships. This is the same nuclear explosion that Godzilla absorbed for breakfast.

As much as I love Thanos, the Black Order, and his armies, this just isn't possible for Thanos to win...especially without any Infinity Stones. If Captain Marvel can tank the entire array of weaponry from the Sanctuary II, then Godzilla easily tanks all of that and then some.

Godzilla took several direct hits from King Ghidorah's Gravity Blast, from all three heads no less. That may have knocked him over, but he got right back up within seconds. Unless Thanos can hit him with that much energy, that fast (which is unlikely given he has never shown to have been able to produce that level of output)...this is an easy win for Godzilla, and without having to become Burning Godzilla!

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nwname  Moderator

Ok, I'll say it.

#bringbackshingodzilla

So you think good performance in a fight against far weaker oppenents is better than having close fights with much stronger beings?

Who the hell even brought up Burning Godzilla? Is this an attempt to have at least one correct "argument" in your post?

A good chunk of his army as well as a 560m mothership got completely vaporised by a 0.2 megaton nuke. Titans literally eat those things. Fodder army is completely incapable of damaging Godzilla.

Ironic since shin is pretty much the only Godzilla to take heavy damage from conventional weapons. If any version is a pushover its shin. Humanity could end him at any time with a low yield nuke.

@rawsos: They can irritate him just like the Mutos did. By just pushing him over and hitting him a bunch till he uses all his energy fighting and passes out.

Also, do you know how durable something has to be to survive flying through space hundred to thousands of times faster than light? That's faaaaar more than some nukes pal. Thanos ships fly from one galaxy to another. They tank the massive temperatures and pressures. Godzilla cannot damage them.

The only reason Captain Marvel was able to beat them is because she can fly massively FTL with no ship ergo she is that strong herself.

You think they can push around 100 000 tons?

1- MCU has jump points which allow FTL travel. 2- FTL travel does not take any amount of durability because it breaks physics. 3- They don't even collide with objects while flying. 4- Again chitauri ship got vaporised by a low yield nuke, chitauri metal was busted by mid rangeg bullets, Sanctuary II's undamaged wing got ripped in half from a subsonic fall into a lake, Q-Ships get busted by falling at subsonic speed.

@takenstew22: Lol you say that like its not impressive! He survived for almost a minute and was still in one piece, just burned.

Do you know how hot a neutron star is?

1012 kelvin. That's way hotter than any temperature possible to be produced on Earth by a nuke. And hotter than Godzilla has ever tanked or produced.

Edit: For reference, our sun is 5778 Kelvin or 9941 Farenheight.

A neutron star is 10 to the 12th power kelvin or 1799999999540.33 degrees Farenheight.

Thats the case with newborn neutron stars. Nidavellir is stated to have an old star multiple times and we can see its surface colour which indicates 5000-6600 K surface temperature for it.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@essentiallyheroes:

Fyi it was confirmed by the directors that the Mutos from the first film drain him due to the nature of their abilities. Hence why he had struggled in the movie (which is why his atomic breath was not as strong)