Thanos (MCU) vs Artoria Pendragon

#1 Edited by Frocharocha (6296 posts) - - Show Bio

Title says all. Who wins?

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Sy8000 (36018 posts) - - Show Bio

Excalibur doesn't really have the feats to take out Thanos if we scale him to Thor, that said you could make a case based on city level statements for weaker Noble phantasms.

It won't cut his armor if used as a blade either, but she could stab unguarded parts. Excalibur is low on cutting and piercing feats though so it may take multiple strikes. Still she is much faster and more skilled with an invisible weapon.

Saber 6-7/10.

#3 Posted by crackshotboi (650 posts) - - Show Bio

Saber should win with high diff

Avatar image for harbingerofmomz
#4 Posted by Harbingerofmomz (804 posts) - - Show Bio

Saber should be able to dance around Thanos pretty much all day but unless she uses her Noble phantasm she won’t be doing too much damage.

To win she’d have to use her speed and agility and wear him down then use her Phantasm to finish him off, but if she slips up and the Thanman get his hands on her then she’s pretty much toast. I’d still give Saber the majority though.

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
#5 Edited by Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate (1862 posts) - - Show Bio

Saber blitzes his head off

#6 Posted by morpheus_ (35155 posts) - - Show Bio

Saber would solo the Avengers and Thanos at the same time.

#7 Posted by Magian (153135 posts) - - Show Bio

^Not sure if serious lol

Avatar image for professorrespect
#8 Posted by ProfessorRespect (8842 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos would likely win. Speed doesn't win matches by itself.

#9 Posted by morpheus_ (35155 posts) - - Show Bio

@magian said:

^Not sure if serious lol

Absolutely. One Excalibur blast and they all die, not to mention the very common "statue" statement a lot of people love to use here and on this occasion is quite literally true. She's so much faster than any MCU character in combat speed that it's obscene.

#10 Posted by Sy8000 (36018 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely. One Excalibur blast and they all die, not to mention the very common "statue" statement a lot of people love to use here and on this occasion is quite literally true. She's so much faster than any MCU character in combat speed that it's obscene.

You think Excalibur would kill them all?

#11 Posted by morpheus_ (35155 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000 said:
@morpheus_ said:

You think Excalibur would kill them all?

Unless we genuinely believe MCU Thor withstood the full force of a star (I personally can't quantify the feat properly), it should. I struggle to find any durability feats for any of them to claim they could take it without disintegrating. Not that it matters, since she can blitz and hack them to pieces even without that.

#12 Posted by Sy8000 (36018 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless we genuinely believe MCU Thor withstood the full force of a star (I personally can't quantify the feat properly), it should. I struggle to find any durability feats for any of them to claim they could take it without disintegrating. Not that it matters, since she can blitz and hack them to pieces even without that.

Thor's feat isn't quantifiable but it was clearly intended to be a big deal. What feats would justify Excalibur taking him out?

Excalibur doesn't really have cutting feats as a blade either, its cutting power is mostly inferred by Saber's clash with Diarmuid.

#13 Posted by morpheus_ (35155 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000: I agree it's supposed to be a big deal but it's still impossible to debate it in a reasonable way. 616 Thor or post-Crisis Superman are unlikely to take the full force of a star, let alone MCU Thor. And Saber's feat against Gilles' creature is the feat I had in mind.

Does Excalibur really need any brilliant cutting feats even beyond shattering Gilgamesh's armor? Thor was shanked by random knife #4 against Loki, Thanos has been casually pierced, cut and decapitated by Stormbreaker, Tony's own blade was shattered and pierced his armor against Thanos himself in IW, street levelers or Wanda would obviously die. I haven't watched Captain Marvel's solo film to know if she has piercing resistance feats, so you can check me there in case she does.

#14 Posted by Sy8000 (36018 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_:

@sy8000: I agree it's supposed to be a big deal but it's still impossible to debate it in a reasonable way. 616 Thor or post-Crisis Superman are unlikely to take the full force of a star, let alone MCU Thor. And Saber's feat against Gilles' creature is the feat I had in mind.

Well it was a dying star so it still shouldn't be discussed in comparison to high tiers. Logically it should be superior to any furnace on Earth.

How is the feat against Gilles' Chuthulu impressive?

Does Excalibur really need any brilliant cutting feats even beyond shattering Gilgamesh's armor? Thor was shanked by random knife #4 against Loki, Thanos has been casually pierced, cut and decapitated by Stormbreaker, Tony's own blade was shattered and pierced his armor against Thanos himself in IW, street levelers or Wanda would obviously die. I haven't watched Captain Marvel's solo film to know if she has piercing resistance feats, so you can check me there in case she does.

Saber only damaged Gil's armor after repeated blows and taking hits from her is the armor's main feat in the first place. Loki and Tony's blades have no low showings and if anything should be very sharp considering the material they're made of.

I agree they lack high end piercing resistance feats but Saber lacks high end piercing feats of their own. We know Hulk can no-sell .50 caliber bullets so it shouldn't just be assumed piercing weapons will cut them.

#15 Posted by Narutogen13 (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#16 Edited by Magian (153135 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: Really? I don't know. Sure they might not be able to withstand the power of an Excalibur blast but the time it takes for it to charge makes it difficult to be utilised in this battle. Sure it took her less time during her fight with Iskandar but IIRC the blast didn't seem as strong. I can agree that speed-wise she has the advantage against most of the Avengers and Thanos but I'm not sure she could take out the more powerful ones without the blast.

Also Captain Marvel didn't really have any piercing resistance feats from what I can remember.