• 52 results
Posted by comicdragninja (318 posts) 5 days, 10 hours ago

Poll: Thanos (Endgame) VS Ronan (power stone) (50 votes)

Thanos 80%
Ronan 20%

Ronan destroys Xandar and comes for Thanos after gotg1. Thanos is fully prepared and has all his feats from endgame. Who wins?

#1 Posted by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I think Thanos was very weak in Endgame, from your post you said he is fully prepared. So that is the difference. He is nuts with prep.

#2 Posted by Diesani (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Ronan gets oneshotted before he can do anything. He will literally start off the battle talking shit and trying to give a speech

Avatar image for melkorisbeatmod
#3 Posted by melkorisbeatmod (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos regarded Ronan as no threat in EG so i think he'd win

#4 Posted by Lord_Titan_ (2700 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910 said:

Although I think Thanos was very weak in Endgame, from your post you said he is fully prepared. So that is the difference. He is nuts with prep.

How? He was whooping the whole avengers cast

#5 Posted by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_titan_: Compared to IW. yes he had stones there, but it took him in Endgame to need the powerstone to fend off Captain marvel which is upsetting. He shouldn't need the powerstone with her

#6 Posted by Lord_Titan_ (2700 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910 said:

@lord_titan_: Compared to IW. yes he had stones there, but it took him in Endgame to need the powerstone to fend off Captain marvel which is upsetting. He shouldn't need the powerstone with her

He was weakened after fighting scarlett i believe and cap marvel jumped him, he did not want her to get the gaulet and just decided it would be easier to use the power stone

#7 Posted by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_titan_: I agree. But can you honestly say he wasn’t weaker in EG?

#8 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17987 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910: Besides him not having the stones he didn’t seem any weaker to me. He beat Thor with Stormbreaker, Ironman (who gave him trouble in IW), and Cap all at the same time. Then he beat worthy Cap. He destroyed giant rocks Scarlet Witch threw at him and survived her bloodlusted attack without any noticeable damage. He thre Captain Marvel away and almost snapped, and when she just barely stopped him in time he took the power stone and blasted her away.

Avatar image for sexybayonetta22
#9 Posted by SexyBayonetta22 (2356 posts) - - Show Bio

So are we gonna forget Ronan has shockwaves from hammer which are unblockable ?

#10 Posted by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: going to have to disagree here. Thor was extremely weakened so Thanos fighting him Cap and Iron man should be easy. Scarlet witch actually crushed him and constrained him for quite some time.

A good way to look at the difference is this... at the very beginning of Infinity War Thanos crushed Hulk in hand to hand combat without using any stones. Without using any stones in Endgame he is being suffocated easily by Captain Marvel. Very big difference to me in those two situations.

Avatar image for sexybayonetta22
#11 Posted by SexyBayonetta22 (2356 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos regarded Ronan as no threat in EG so i think he'd win

Thanos became to fear Ronan when blue guy just considered option of betraying mad titan

#12 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17987 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910:

Thor was extremely weakened

He was weaker, but do you have proof he was extremely weakened? His hammer attack one shot Ironman, which Thanos didn't even do in IW.

Scarlet witch actually crushed him and constrained him for quite some time.

Thanos can't fly and has no range attacks. No matter how strong he is there is nothing he can really do in that situation.

A good way to look at the difference is this... at the very beginning of Infinity War Thanos crushed Hulk in hand to hand combat without using any stones. Without using any stones in Endgame he is being suffocated easily by Captain Marvel. Very big difference to me in those two situations.

Captain Marvel>>>Hulk

Also the directors stated Thanos was about as strong as Hulk and only stomped him due to his skill advantage.

#13 Posted by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: There is too much wrong in this for me to begin.

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
#14 Posted by MCU-Defender333 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910 said:

@alextheboss: going to have to disagree here. Thor was extremely weakened so Thanos fighting him Cap and Iron man should be easy. Scarlet witch actually crushed him and constrained him for quite some time.

That's because Cpt Marvel is one of the two strongest avengers by the time of EG (in terms of raw power she's best, I include Dr Strange for hax). Base Thanos losing to her isn't that surprising, Cpt Marvel is in a different league to Hulk.

@alextheboss is correct apart from stating that Thor wasn't weakened between IW and EG (IW version had far superior feats).

#15 Posted by Eobard21 (6073 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos easily

#16 Posted by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcu-defender333: Not one to disagree so strongly with people but you are still both wrong. So first off you agree Thor was weaker.

Now, Captain Marvel has said herself in the comics she can't touch Hulk binary or not (has also said she can't match Strange). Now if we go by Feige ok he said she is crazy strong for the Avengers. But when compared to Thanos he should beat her one on one. So this part of her being the strongest Avenger is null here unless Thanos was an Avenger.

So back to the original thing I said... Thanos needing to use a stone to beat Captain Marvel is certainly showing he is weaker than previously when he beat Hulk (who just finished up in Thor Ragnarok and was not having his issues of transforming yet)

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
#17 Edited by Thanos_thebadas (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910: He was not weaker... In Fact he was stronger, here we actually got striking feats, he only seemed powerful in IW because he used stones, genius....

#18 Posted by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanos_thebadas: so he was still really strong overall. Make sure you read my comments about the stones before posting, genius.

#19 Posted by playerx-tr (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910: Thanos was not weak in EG, yes he didn't have the power of stones but still he was the most powerful being in the universe.

#20 Edited by Thanos_thebadas (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910: Sorry about the genius thing, tired atm. Agreed it was a pointless remark. But no he was not weaker, he still tanked everything, nobody made him bleed still, he tanked everything deposit being a ragdoll. He punched people through boulders with ease, broke Cap's shield.

#21 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17987 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910 said:

@alextheboss: There is too much wrong in this for me to begin.

Or maybe you are the one that's wrong? lmao

Thanos not being able to fly and not having ranged attacks is a fact, not an opinion.

The Russos saying Thanos and Hulk were about the same strength is a fact, not an opinion.

iirc Captain Marvel was stated to be the strongest hero by the guy in charge of the MCU, and she has better feats than the Hulk, so her being power powerful than Hulk is pretty much a fact as well.

And the comics have nothing to do with this. You can't compare comic power scaling to MCU power scaling.

@alextheboss is correct apart from stating that Thor wasn't weakened between IW and EG (IW version had far superior feats).

He did get weaker, I just said he didn't necessarily get EXTREMELY weaker.

#22 Posted by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanos_thebadas: Caps shield was strong. But if had his sword at the beginning of IW when he crushed Hulk I think he could've taken out Caps shield in probably one hit vs numerous. It is just tough for me to see him absolutely stomp the Hulk, immediately after the Hulk beat Fenrir in Ragnarok, and not using a stone. Then Capt Marvel basically chokes him out for a solid amount of time in Endgame. The only thing here is he was against a shit ton of people, but he also had his army so idk.

#23 Posted by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss:

Thanos not being able to fly and not having ranged attacks is a fact, not an opinion.

Has nothing to do with my item about scarlet witch. Since he can't fly that means nothing. I said he held her for quite some time and you responded with he can't fly??? like what? So what if he can't fly. My point is Scarlet Witch held him and was overpowering him here. No debate.

The Russos saying Thanos and Hulk were about the same strength is a fact, not an opinion.

Proves my point further. They are said to be equal, yet Thanos stomps in Infinity War.

iirc Captain Marvel was stated to be the strongest hero by the guy in charge of the MCU, and she has better feats than the Hulk, so her being power powerful than Hulk is pretty much a fact as well.

He said she has the potential to. And what feats does she have so far? Aside from the one in question here, which is not a feat but just choking Thanos, she has nothing yet. Unless you want to reference the comics.... which you just said you can't go by.

best of luck answering these.

#24 Posted by Thanos_thebadas (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910 said:

@thanos_thebadas: Caps shield was strong. But if had his sword at the beginning of IW when he crushed Hulk I think he could've taken out Caps shield in probably one hit vs numerous. It is just tough for me to see him absolutely stomp the Hulk, immediately after the Hulk beat Fenrir in Ragnarok, and not using a stone. Then Capt Marvel basically chokes him out for a solid amount of time in Endgame. The only thing here is he was against a shit ton of people, but he also had his army so idk.

He did take out his Shield in one hit though, he it it more to make it useless.

#25 Posted by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanos_thebadas: I will have to watch again. I seem to remember his chipping it in one hit, but subsequent 3-4 hits to fully break it. But that does make sense for him to continue hitting to make it ineffective.

#26 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17987 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910:

Has nothing to do with my item about scarlet witch. Since he can't fly that means nothing. I said he held her for quite some time and you responded with he can't fly??? like what? So what if he can't fly. My point is Scarlet Witch held him and was overpowering him here. No debate.

It doesn't matter if Thanos is 100x stronger than Scarlet Witch, if he can't fly all he can do is flail around in the sky.

When Thanos was on the ground he was actually overpowering her and she had to hit him with an uppercut blast to knock him back.

No Caption Provided

Proves my point further. They are said to be equal, yet Thanos stomps in Infinity War.

He stomped him because he was a better fighter. Just like how a martial artist would beat a body builder, expect if the martial artist was also a body builder.

He said she has the potential to. And what feats does she have so far? Aside from the one in question here, which is not a feat but just choking Thanos, she has nothing yet. Unless you want to reference the comics.... which you just said you can't go by.

She destroyed Thanos' ship by flying through it, she destroyed multiple Cri ships as well and thanked their missiles. She has FTL travel speed feats, she lifted the gaurdians ship casually, she tanked Thanos' head but and was literally overpowering him. She has better feats in every single category...

best of luck answering these.

Very easy to do, lol.

#27 Posted by MCU-Defender333 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910 said:

@mcu-defender333: Not one to disagree so strongly with people but you are still both wrong. So first off you agree Thor was weaker.

Now, Captain Marvel has said herself in the comics she can't touch Hulk binary or not (has also said she can't match Strange). Now if we go by Feige ok he said she is crazy strong for the Avengers. But when compared to Thanos he should beat her one on one. So this part of her being the strongest Avenger is null here unless Thanos was an Avenger.

So back to the original thing I said... Thanos needing to use a stone to beat Captain Marvel is certainly showing he is weaker than previously when he beat Hulk (who just finished up in Thor Ragnarok and was not having his issues of transforming yet)

1. Yes, Thor was weaker, we agree there.

2. 'In the comics'- last time I checked, we're talking movie versions here, based on the OP and the discussion. What was said in comics is void. The fact is, the producers said Cpt Marvel is the strongest Avenger, and many of the feats support this:

- easily tore through an alien fleet single-handedly when she first had access to her full strength

- easily tore through Thanos's mothership (which is huge) in EG

- no-sold a straight headbutt from Thanos (leaving him surprised) and had the better of him until he used the power stone.

Based on feats, Cpt Marvel might have been able to handle the Chitari invasion in Avengers 1 on her own.

3. After EG, base Thanos has better feats. If anything, he was more impressive than in IW against Hulk. Besting Hulk is not as impressive as having the upper hand against Iron Man, Fat Thor and Cpt America.

#28 Posted by MCU-Defender333 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: by the time of EG, the only other avenger I'd put on Carol's level is Dr Strange and that's just because of the hax he has available.

#29 Posted by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: You are blatantly wrong again.

Scarlet witch clearly beat Thanos there. You even said she had to knock him back. So is knocking him back with an attack not something strong? So dumb I can't even fathom.

And for the Hulk if you want to call feats into play here I think the snap he took and enduring the gauntlet beats all those 'so called' feats of Captain Marvels.

Case Closed.

Point I was making earlier was that in my opinion Thanos seemed weaker in Endgame. It is just tough to really decipher because he did have the stones for 90% of the infinity war.

#30 Edited by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcu-defender333: in point 2 the only one I disagree with is the second bullet point. I think that was just writing and if thor or anyone wanted to fly through his ship they could. That was done as a nod to Feige to backup his comments about her being so strong. But overall I do think she is super strong and I like her character.

But Point 3 I think besting the trio is not overly impressive. It is certainly showing how strong he is, it is just too bad thor was so weak to really see how this could have gone. And honestly Cap with Mjolinir when they had there 1 v 1 Thanos should still wreck.

#31 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17987 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910:

You are blatantly wrong again.

Nope, you are just distorting facts.

Scarlet witch clearly beat Thanos there.

Yes, she did. But for some reason you seem to not understand the difference between beating and raw power.

You even said she had to knock him back. So is knocking him back with an attack not something strong? So dumb I can't even fathom.

I never said it wasn't strong, that's a strawman fallacy. She was having trouble in a raw pushing contest, so she tried another tactic. I never denied her strength.

Scarlet Witch very well may be more powerful than Thanos, I'm just saying her power set is a bad match for Thanos. Even end game Thor and Ironman, who were losing to Thanos, would have a better chance of beating Scarlet Witch.

And for the Hulk if you want to call feats into play here I think the snap he took and enduring the gauntlet beats all those 'so called' feats of Captain Marvels.

Case Closed.

It was literally stated in the movie he was only able to due that because he was specifically resistant to gama radiation...

Point I was making earlier was that in my opinion Thanos seemed weaker in Endgame. It is just tough to really decipher because he did have the stones for 90% of the infinity war.

I don't have a problem with your opinion, I'm just saying logically they should be the same strength, and there is nothing that flat out contradicts it.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#32 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11922 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps, hard.

I also see no reason to believe he was weaker in Endgame.

#33 Edited by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: I think for me the deciding factor would have been to see Thanos without his sword vs the trio. That would have really shown if he was weaker or not.

#34 Posted by MCU-Defender333 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910: I agree, if you put base Thanos vs Cpt America with mjolnir in a fight to the death, Thanos would definitely win.

But about destroying Thanos's ship: I'd be willing to believe that IW Thor with stormbreaker or Dr Strange (via BFR/Hax) could have done that, but not so sure about anyone else. Hulk probably could have done it but it would have taken him longer.

In Cpt Marvel's defense, it was interesting that all cannons stopped firing on the battlefield just to focus on her for a while. It clearly identified her as a major threat.

#35 Posted by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcu-defender333: Yes, but that is also writing don't you think? But don't get me wrong, her binary is ridiculous. I also think Wanda could do some major damage to the ships if she wanted, she's just all over the place.

#36 Posted by MCU-Defender333 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910: hmm, not so sure. I say that because Cpt Marvel's previous feats support her being able to do that. If, in an inexperienced state, she could ruin Ronan's fleet, taking down Thanos's mothership after decades of extra experience wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Wanda might have the power to do it but I don't think she could ground the ship while also protecting herself from gunfire. That's what makes her a beast in 1v1s if she's bloodlusted, if she pours everything into one target then she can beat nearly anyone.

#37 Posted by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcu-defender333: good call. Just different powerset.

Not to take away from the original post. How do you compare Ronan's hammer vs Thanos' sword?

#38 Posted by MCU-Defender333 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@mm7910: judging them just as weapons, Thanos' sword is much better. It was durable enough to block stormbreaker (even if it was wielded by Fat Thor) and was able to cut through Cap's shield. Even with the power stone, I'm not convinced Ronan could easily break through it.

#39 Posted by mm7910 (134 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

Ronan is a good fight for him without the stone, with the stone this is a mismatch. The fact that people have voted Thanos is why I'm now done with this site

#41 Posted by MCU-Defender333 (79 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for indomitableregal
#42 Posted by IndomitableRegal (16177 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Thanos ever viewed Ronan as a threat, even when Ronan literally threatened him with the stone (or what he would do once he had it).

#43 Edited by AlexTheBoss (17987 posts) - - Show Bio

@aka_aka_aka_ak:

Ronan is a good fight for him without the stone

How?

with the stone this is a mismatch. The fact that people have voted Thanos is why I'm now done with this site

It depends if Ronan can actually use the stone to its full abilities. Yes, the power stone is more powerful than Thanos, but I think the chances of Thanos just beating up and taking the power stone before Ronan learns how to utilize it is very possible.

Avatar image for melkorisbeatmod
#44 Posted by melkorisbeatmod (295 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Rebake (4428 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos can just grab the powerstone barehanded and use it against Ronan.

#46 Posted by nn5 (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Ronan unless battle starts in melee range where Thanos would disarm him. Thanos is great with prep, but I don't know if he has anything to counter PG. He loses unless prep may include quickly going to Knowhere and taking Reality Stone, then fighting Ronan (but I don't remember if Thanos knew RS' location at the time).

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#48 Edited by darthvaderrocks (1496 posts) - - Show Bio

Ronan has no feats to suggest he'd even hurt Thanos with the power stone. Thanos takes his hammer out of his hand and proceeds to beat Ronan to death with it.

And I see @aka_aka_aka_ak is still on his Ronan wank. Lmao embarrassing

Avatar image for newyorkjetsarecool
#49 Posted by newyorkjetsarecool (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: No Thanos is over CM in Fighting Durability and Strength. He could've probably won without the power stone, it just amped the punch. Also he didn't have his sword at the time

#50 Posted by AlexTheBoss (17987 posts) - - Show Bio

@newyorkjetsarecool:

No Thanos is over CM in Fighting Durability and Strength.

I didn't say he wasn't'

He could've probably won without the power stone, it just amped the punch.

Maybe, maybe not. We won't know as it wasn't shown.

Also he didn't have his sword at the time

Yeah, with his sword he would have a much better chance of beating her. If she engaged in close quarters combat with Thanos while he had his sword, I would put my money on Thanos.