morals off round 2

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheKinfing

Current Thanos is dying and he can't even beat teams conformed by Mid-Tiers and Low-Tier Powerhouses, Darkseid stomps hard.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

DS could beat full power Thanos, this just isn't fair

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Darkseid in a fight.

Regular Thanos spanks him.

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing I've noticed is people talking up Thanos because of his powerful force field, but in Justice League #40 Anti-Monitor hits Metron with the full blast of his anti-matter beams and it does nothing because of the force field on Metron's Mobius chair. But Grail, daughter of Darkseid who has a weaker form of Darkseids Omega Effect, blasts Metron out of the chair no problem. Presumably the force field stopped him dying.

So either the Omega beams can ignore force fields, or the Mobius chairs field is particularly resilient to anti-matter beams.

I go with Darkseid on this on the basis of what I just said, a without his Force field, I dont see Thanos doing too well at all.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

risingtide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're speaking current dying Thanos, than I don't see why Darkseid shouldn't defeat him.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17: Yeah, that's what I mean. I'm thinking that Darkseids Omega beams can just glide through them. Which I guess makes sense, his Omega Sanction is supposed to be able to find anyone anywhere in any universe for Darkseid to kill remotely, though that type of feat isn't in New 52.

This is what I was talking about previously

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming not dying Thanos, Thanos. Otherwise, it's obvious.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally Darkseid can win.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sly_141

Umm Thanos is weakened and dying at the moment

And

Darkseid is a baby so...

If we are using adult Dakseid and CW2 Thanos then the Mad Titan gets uppercutted again

EDIT: Do either of them have morals to begin with?

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sly_141: I would say, if either of them had morals that might hinder them in a fight its Darkseid, as his initial position in any battle is to control and enslave, not to kill. It's the whole reason he never tried harder to kill New 52 Superman, when he could have.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded: Galactus had a little trouble getting through thanos shields

Galan was fed when he blasted Thanos, after he did he had to eat because of the amount of energy he expelled to breach the shields.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded: Current Thanos may or may not be dying right now. Thanos had his continuity f'd up. once the infinity trilogy came out it was weird he was in two places at once (civil war 2 and the infinity trilogy) so most people came to the assumption that the infinity takes place after civil war 2. if that is true then current Thanos is back to normal levels not dying, but everything is completely weird with Marvel now.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded: I mean he's killed multitudes of Supermen before and apparently consumed a universe as well. Seeing as how he called the black racer during his fight with Monty I'd say he will go for the kill here as well

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're speaking current dying Thanos, than I don't see why Darkseid shouldn't defeat him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sly_141: New 52 AM isn't anywhere near as powerful as previous versions, he has never consumed a universe or anything of the sort. and Darkseid got KO'D by Alan Scott.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos both rounds.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: He did consume a universe. Not sure why you are starting to listen to some lies somebody said in the previous fight. Darkseid was punched by a guy who had the power of the multiversal green. I think instead of trying to make Darkseid look weak, you should give all the information.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: I never mentioned AMs power levels or Darkseids for that matter... My point was on the morality of Darkseid and he'd most likely try to kill Thanos. Dont know why you felt the need to respond with that. It's like you saw AM and Darkseid and simply jumped to conclusions.

Avatar image for supremeintelligence
supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearchon: scans of him consuming an entire universe? You're right sorry Alan had the green of the multiverse but he wasnt multiversal just multi-planet unless you have scans proving otherwise. Goldchamp101 did a rather good debunk on him already.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sly_141: you said "and apparently consumed a universe" and I replied to that. I'm not jumping to conclusions buddy.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Darkseid beat Thanos.

-Destroyed a planet on panel

-Stomped Justice league 2 times

-Stomped justice league from earth 2

-Stalemated Anti monitor who oneshotted ultraman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: I mean, Thanos beats people who bust planets (like SS)

Pretty sure sure Thanos would stomp the league to. No idea about earth 2 justice League tho.

You mean held his own against anti then got his butt handed to him? He did not stalemate him.

@thearchon correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above points you know DS and Anti better than most people on the vine.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BlueHope

@jardinain2: Anti Monitor was amped and they were pretty evenly, anti monitor only won because he redirected the black racer to Darkseid using the anti life equation.

Thanos in his higher feats has some fights were he was close to that but in recent years he was shown inferior to Darkseid in pretty much every fight.Thor hold his own against him for a long time, Namor made him bleed and give him a good fight, captain marvel and a bunch of b listers defeated him.

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captaimshazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: According to Metron he consumed a universe.

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-7f85cdbdf4215f9ae7319eb5550c9c4e-c?convert_to_webp=true

Captaimshazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: AM consumed universes according to Metron.

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-7f85cdbdf4215f9ae7319eb5550c9c4e-c?convert_to_webp=true

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

@jardinain2: Anti Monitor was amped and they were pretty evenly, anti monitor only won because he redirected the black racer to Darkseid using the anti life equation.

Thanos in his higher feats has some fights were he was close to that but in recent years he was shown inferior to Darkseid in pretty much every fight.Thor hold his own against him for a long time, Namor made him bleed and give him a good fight, captain marvel and a bunch of b listers defeated him.

Not amped. he won because darkseid got tired and called the black racer and that didn't even do very much to AM. Thor was able to hold is own the way SS holds his own against Thanos, i have no idea about the Namor but everyone has low showing's and Thanos has more consistent showings of power compared to Darkseid who seems to fluctuate writer to writer. Thanos was weakened because he had just comeback from outside the Omniverse. and since the chronological order of Thanos is wonky rn its hard to tell which version is the current version.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captaimshazam: 1. statements of power < feats 2. he has only consumed the life energy of planets he has not (at least on panel) consumed a universe.

Captaimshazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: The statment was made by Omniscient Metron. Second did you miss the part of the scan when everything turned white?

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope:

When the hell did Namor give Thanos a fight? If you're referring to him breaking his hand while barely making the titan bleed before getting one shotted?

And this is one of the lowest showing he had, ever.

When the hell did Thor hold his own against Thanos and manage to not get owned terribly?

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BlueHope

@jardinain2 said:
@bluehope said:

Not amped.

He was amped

he won because darkseid got tired and called the black racer and that didn't even do very much to AM.

Darkseid invoked black racer because it was another trick he could use to finish the battle fast, he dominated the fight for a good time, even taking AM down one time

Thanos has more consistent showings of power compared to Darkseid who seems to fluctuate writer to writer.

That was post crisis Darkseid, new 52 darkseid is actually highly consistent unlike thanos who has not been consistent for years

.Thanos was weakened because he had just comeback from outside the Omniverse. and since the chronological order of Thanos is wonky rn its hard to tell which version is the current version.

When it was stated that this weakened him?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:
@jardinain2 said:
@bluehope said:

Not amped.

He was amped

he won because darkseid got tired and called the black racer and that didn't even do very much to AM.

Darkseid invoked black racer because it was another trick he could use to finish the battle fast, he dominated the fight for a good time, even taking AM down one time

Thanos has more consistent showings of power compared to Darkseid who seems to fluctuate writer to writer.

That was post crisis Darkseid, new 52 darkseid is actually highly consistent unlike thanos who has not been consistent for years

.Thanos was weakened because he had just comeback from outside the Omniverse. and since the chronological order of Thanos is wonky rn its hard to tell which version is the current version.

When it was stated that this weakened him?

Scans showing he was amped? i just finished the second half of Darkseid War.

he did not dominate that fight in anyway, he held his own for the start his daughter said DS was getting tired so he invoked the black racer and it still didnt kill AM.

Thanos has not been any less consistent, in fact hes put out some of his better feats in recent years.

@apex_pretador knows more about that than me. but it did weaken him he is currently (or maybe not currently) dying. Thane is hunting him down rn.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2: The statment was made by Omniscient Metron. Second did you miss the part of the scan when everything turned white?

Okay, that doesn't change what i said.

everything turned white = destroying a universe? in fact that was a planet with its life force sucked dry.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captaimshazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Captaimshazam

@jardinain2: That is Apokolips ans the boy in the picture is Miracle Man. The analogy implies that is a universe he consumed .

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BlueHope

@jardinain2: "he did not dominate that fight in anyway"

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: Nice scan. i literally said he held his own in the beginning... then got his ass handed to him. because AM underestimated him i assume. i have read the issues, he was not dominating that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captaimshazam: Ik Ik i read it. idk why were even debating if he is a universe buster or not.

This battle goes like this: Dying Thanos vs Darkseid = Darkseid. Thanos from the infinity trilogy since the order is weird vs darkseid = Thanos.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jardinain2:

Thanos has been incredibly consistent over his lifetime. Recent years he's been putting out the best feats.

Anyways, his chronology goes like this:

Annihilation

GotG

The thanos imperative

Thanos vs hulk

The infinity revelation, Relativity, Finale

Infinity (Hickman)

Civil war 2

Thanos #1, #2 ongoing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: Yeah but thats a kinda weird order considering that Civil War 2 Thanos just came back from outside the omniverse. i feel like the new iron man comics which are after civil war 2 are like the infinity stuff and takes place after Civil War 2 but thats just my opinion.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

Current Thanos is dying and he can't even beat teams conformed by Mid-Tiers and Low-Tier Powerhouses, Darkseid stomps hard.

Pretty much this. The guy who is not Universal stomps.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sly_141

@sly_141: you said "and apparently consumed a universe" and I replied to that. I'm not jumping to conclusions buddy.

No Caption Provided

No one is jumping to conclusions here except you. I was not debating the power level of Darkseid/Anti-monitor, I simply made a point on the morality of New 52 Darkseid. Someone made a valid point that sometimes Darkseid likes to conquer instead of destroy and I was presenting other examples where he preferred to destroy instead.

The reason I said Darkseid apparently consumed a universe is because he did so off panel by unknown means. Not once did I indicate that Monty/Darkseid were universal but you felt the need to respond like this...

@sly_141: New 52 AM isn't anywhere near as powerful as previous versions, he has never consumed a universe or anything of the sort. and Darkseid got KO'D by Alan Scott.

You entered a defensive position bringing up Alan Scott and bringing up New 52 AM's powerlevel for absolutely no reason.

Once again, I think you say that mention Darkseid and Monty in the same sentence then grouped me in with everyone else arguing that Darkseid is universal when in reality I was only pointing out that sometimes Darkseid acts as destroyer and not a conqueror.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: Nice scan. i literally said he held his own in the beginning... then got his ass handed to him. because AM underestimated him i assume. i have read the issues, he was not dominating that.

Thats not only holding his own, thats clearly dominating for a moment, he never "got his hass handed to him" and was only defeated because anti monitor fused black racer and flash while controlling him to defeat darkseid for him.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Current Thanos is dying now so that gives Darkseid an unfair advantage, although Darkseid is a baby right now so there is that. Anyway I've always thought a regular fight between the two goes in Thanos' favour. New 52 Darkseid has the raw power to fight Thanos but lacks versatility. Post Crisis Darkseid is more versatile but overall less powerful based on his troubles fighting Orion and Superman in direct combat. Thanos has both power and versatility and possibly more combat experience so his better feats give him the win.