Thanos´ Army (MCU) vs The Empire (Star Wars)

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PayneInTheAss

Thanos´ Army

• 500 Chitauri
  • 500 Outriders
  • 250 Sakaarans
  • 50 Chitauri Giant Dogs
  • 20 Leviathans
  • Black Order
  • Sanctuary II
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Galactic Empire

• 1300 Stormtroopers with variations/ranks (Canon)
  • 10 AT-ATs (Canon)
  • 10 Tie Fighters (Canon)
  • 25 AT-STs (Canon)
  • Imperial II-Class Destroyer (Canon)
  • 4 Imperial Guards (Legends)
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RULES

• Win by death only
  • Bonus Round - Thanos (no gems) and Vader (canon) enter the battlefield.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• Location - Coruscant
No Caption Provided

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos' army is gonna have a very hard time dealing with the Tie-Fighters and the AT-AT's. On the other hand, Thanos' fodder is far superior, especially the Outriders and I feel like they could eventually swarm the AT-AT's, especially with the Leviathans help, though those will primarily have to deal with the Tie-Fighters.

Corvus and Proxima can absolutely stomp the Guards as well as slaughter the fodder and help take down the AT-AT's.

All-in-all the MCU guys should win.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The empire can bomb everything except Leviathans but I don't know how well AT-ATs would do against those.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a fantastic battle, very well crafted. It could honeslty go either way but I'd back SW because of the aerial firepower.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice battle.

Thanos' army wins round one because of superior fodder and Corvus and Proxima. The tie-fighters will be taken out be the leviathans as they are very durable and Corvus alone can deal with a lot of the big guns such as the guards and the AT-AT's.

Round two is less balanced, Thanos can ababsolutely ecimate the enemy army and easily deal with all the big guns excluding maybe the flying ones but the Leviathans will take care of them again.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without Thanos MCU team gets trashed.

With Thanos they win. Palpatine (Legends) would tip the scales in favor of the Empire though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without Thanos MCU team gets trashed.

With Thanos they win. Palpatine (Legends) would tip the scales in favor of the Empire though.

Vader would take Thanos. The Lightsaber would clean through him.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial:

Thanos would probably beat Vader before the Dark Lord could cut him down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7
deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a fantastic battle, very well crafted. It could honeslty go either way but I'd back SW because of the aerial firepower.

Thanks mate

Nice battle.

Thanos' army wins round one because of superior fodder and Corvus and Proxima. The tie-fighters will be taken out be the leviathans as they are very durable and Corvus alone can deal with a lot of the big guns such as the guards and the AT-AT's.

Round two is less balanced, Thanos can ababsolutely ecimate the enemy army and easily deal with all the big guns excluding maybe the flying ones but the Leviathans will take care of them again.

Thanks too

BTW how do you think Corvus or Thanos could take on a AT-AT?

If we asume Thanos has Hulk level strenght I could see him just jumping and punching the thing to pieces.

But Corvus idk

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheHierarchy

@payneintheass: I wouldnt see him punching one to pieces ofcourse, but his blade has pierced Vision so I can see it just taking out the AT-AT's support and thus incapicating it.

CryoModeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Leviathans are very op. I think MCU team wins both round especially bonus round where Thanos stomps everyone lol

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: would a lightsaber go through Thanos that easily? How does the heat of a lightsaber compare with what Thanos has taken? The power of all six stones burned Thanos badly, but that was energy used for a universe wide feat. Also, couldn't Thanos still use the gauntlet as a weapon/shield without the stone powers like on Titan?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say the MCU army could win, better numbers, stronger soldiers and the Leviathans are massive enough to make sure the aerial ships don’t dominate. Corvus and Proxima should also be smarter tactic wise.

The bonus round sees Vader easily destroying Thanos.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Alavanka

In this battle, Thanos' army would win. Simply because the Outriders outclass the Stormtroopers really badly in physicals, and Stormtroopers have terrible aim. Chitauri leviathans are also better,

In a prolonged war, the Star Wars empire stomps. They are a type 3 civilization with control over an entire galaxy, and multiple planet busting technology. All the civilizations in MCU are type 2. Asgard is arguably the closest to type 3 because they have bifrost and dyson spheres, but Odin's lacked the political drive to colonize the entire galaxy - So they're type 2 as well.

Thanos himself with the gauntlet could solo though, for obvious reasons.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it depends on whether or not the Leviathans are carrying any or even extra Chitauri than specified. They're gonna struggle to put down the TIE fighters otherwise given their huge speed and mobility disadvantage. Leviathans probably ram through the AT-ATs, though. I'm still struggling to think whether or not the TIEs could eventually take the Leviathans... That's really what decides the battle for me. If the Leviathans are carrying any Chitauri though, their continued fire on the TIEs would tip the scales.

Vader's presence spells disaster for the MCU army though. That TK is gonna be tough to deal with.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

As everyone knows Stormtroopers are at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to fodder. The MCU fodder should wipe them out without much trouble, though the Dark Troopers and what not may be a bit of an issue, the Chitauri Gorillas should take care of them.

AT-AT's are pretty fragile, Leviathans would probably crash straight through them like they were crashing through buildings. Tie Fighters aren't doing anything to them considering how they no sold Iron Man's lasers.

4 Imperial Guards are nothing to the Black Order, Maw can honestly just ragdoll / crush them solo. I'd trust the other 3 (Cull especially) to clear the 25 AT-ST's, but left over Outriders can do the job too given the way they overwhelmed Hulkbuster.

Not too knowledgeable on Imperial Destroyers, they're pretty large and I'm not sure how durable. But the Sanctuary II had some pretty good showings, like blasting past Wanda's forcefield, or destroying Chitauri Leviathan's with a single blast. Couldn't say who wins this one if I'm honest.

Canon Lightsabers best feat is from TPM when Qui Gon cuts through the Blast Door but that's not good enough to cut through Thanos who tanked Thor's Lightning and should logically scale above Thor's Neutron Star feat. Vader's Force Power isn't strong enough to straight up crush Thanos the way Wanda did either, so Thanos wins against Canon Vader.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

20 Leviathans is way too much

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: The empire is not anywhere near type 3...do you know what type 3 means? A K3-K3.5 is the Iain M Banks Culture at it's very peak late in the timeline, and even that is a stretch.

Galactic Empire is a K1.5 civilization, and most of the is not unified technology, but rather, scavenged from around the galaxy. A type 3 civilization can harness energy on a galactic scale.

The empire was never anywhere close to that. The never even harnessed a star which is type 2. The first order did that using a weapon they discovered, and which used kyber crystals to utilize the force. Ane even that didn't harness total stellar mass.

Vincentofdoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vincentofdoof

People do realize the outriders die to just simple bullets right? At least against the outriders, the aiming does not matter, all the stormtroopers have to do is aim straight and shoot because the outriders are mindless space dogs that have to get extremely close to actually fight. That's not even bothering to mention that the AT-ATs just have to shoot in their general direction to fuck over a large amount of the outriders and Chitari. The only real threat is the leviathans, buts only if you can find any evidence they can actually tank fire from the AT-ATs or the TIE Fighters.

Edit: Heck now that I'm remembering, the Chitari got terrible aim too if they couldn't land a shot on any of the Avengers as they huddle together surrounded by the Chuatari, they even have to get close ranges to even fight during the first movie.

Loading Video...

Finally found a video, most of them settle to go for close combat instead of just shooting. Will correct my initial statement about the whole huddle thing, misremember apparently.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

updated a bit as well

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

The Imperial Guards defect to Thanos because they realize what utter **** is on their side can't possibly be the Empire.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It felt a little like the Leviathans were chumps this movie.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vincentofdoof: It's their damage output and cqc strength that make Outriders so deadly. They swarmed the Hulkbuster and actually did damage. And Outriders have more energy resistance than piercing resistance. They can fight even after being burned and mutilated by an energy field that stopped an entire transport. They're like fast and strong zombies where you need to hit them in critical areas. Even an Outrider Cap gutted still was trying to attack.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Why don't the imperials just move their army onto the destroyer and bombard Thanos' army from orbit?

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Black Order and 20 Leviathans is too much

If the Empire can make a genius strategy, they may have a chance, but they're usually not.

r2: Still Thanos army

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@payneintheass: it doesn't mention him having a ship but I guess since its pictured it was intended. A star destroyer has shield and potentially better offensive capabilities.

SAizen25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SAizen25

Thanos’s army has more raw power while the Empire is more strategic. I’d say his army takes the first round though between Vader and Thanos, I guess it could go either way as long as he doesn’t allow Vader the chance to TK him like Wanda almost did.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 death4bunnies  Moderator
SoImMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Empire. Better troops and the imperial guards are far too good for anyone on the other side.

R2: Empire, just more decisively. Vader's gonna be demolishing things left and right. He also beats the crap out of Thanos.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 = Empire wins via sheer numbers and cannonry. Outriders are non-factors in this fight, given even Wakandan soldiers were going toe-to-toe with them, using but spears and other such primitive weaponry. They get mowed down fairly quickly.

Round 2 = Vader can honestly wipe out large swaths of the opposing army via TK, stomp Corvus and company, and very quickly at that, faster than Thanos would cause damage. So the MCU army goes down and Thanos by himself is obliterated.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Empire.

Avatar image for manofmanynames2
ManOfManyNames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sidious could potentially solo with Force Storm if we are using EU feats.

extreme_pickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Vader solos in bonus and Empire wins by bombardment from orbit

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: ISD solos

R2:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ISD solostomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious could potentially solo with Force Storm if we are using EU feats.

Sidious isn't in this battle, check the OP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still going with MCU Team, unless someone enlightens me on how powerful ISD's are. Gonna drop my old comment here.

As everyone knows Stormtroopers are at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to fodder. The MCU fodder should wipe them out without much trouble, though the Dark Troopers and what not may be a bit of an issue, the Chitauri Gorillas should take care of them.

AT-AT's are pretty fragile, Leviathans would probably crash straight through them like they were crashing through buildings. Tie Fighters aren't doing anything to them considering how they no sold Iron Man's lasers.

4 Imperial Guards are nothing to the Black Order, Maw can honestly just ragdoll / crush them solo. I'd trust the other 3 (Cull especially) to clear the 25 AT-ST's, but left over Outriders can do the job too given the way they overwhelmed Hulkbuster.

Not too knowledgeable on Imperial Destroyers, they're pretty large and I'm not sure how durable. But the Sanctuary II had some pretty good showings, like blasting past Wanda's forcefield, or destroying Chitauri Leviathan's with a single blast. Couldn't say who wins this one if I'm honest.

Canon Lightsabers best feat is from TPM when Qui Gon cuts through the Blast Door but that's not good enough to cut through Thanos who tanked Thor's Lightning and should logically scale above Thor's Neutron Star feat. Vader's Force Power isn't strong enough to straight up crush Thanos the way Wanda did either, so Thanos wins against Canon Vader.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tie fighters might be too much. Too fast & maneuverable for anything thanos has here

No Caption Provided

dont see the leviathans eating these to the face

Im sure the ISD has enough firepower to bring down sanctuary II. A light cruiser could do this

No Caption Provided

An ISD should be packing way more heat

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline:

No Caption Provided

In Canon comic, ISD's turbolaser has several hundreds of Gigatons in tons of TNT (large island level) of firepower according to this calc:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Soldier_Blue/Star_Wars_-_XX-9_heavy_turbolaser_yield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydratedfubuki6: Yeah the Empire wins then, Sanctuary II isn't taking that and neither is Thanos or any of his other forces.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 ISD solos