Thanos and Darkseid vs. Massive Powerhouse Team

• 66 results
Posted by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) 26 days, 6 hours ago

Poll: Thanos and Darkseid vs. Massive Powerhouse Team (47 votes)

Than and Seid 45%
Powerhouses 30%
Could go either way 17%
Results 9%
No Caption Provided

Purple Puss and Gray Chin

Vs.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9

Superman, Orion, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), World Breaker Hulk, Worthy Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Quasar

Rules

• Post-Crisis/N52/616 versions
  • All are bloodlusted
  • Perfect teamwork for both sides
  • WBH's gamma bursts won't effect his teammates
  • MMH and Thanos can't use offensive TP
  • Takes place on an indestructible planet
Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#2 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2970 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos can't solo but at the same time he can casually stomp quite a bit of the team here. Adding in Darkseid makes this a clean victory for Thanos and Darkseid.

#3 Edited by Toratorn (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

WBH solos. Darkseid is like marginally stronger than Superman (so basically, fodder) and Thanos could never hope to incinerate Savage Hulk lvl beings with just a shockwave generated from physically clashing with his opponent.

Even without WBH team murders Darkseid and beats Thanos in a moderately tough fight.

#4 Posted by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) - - Show Bio
@toratorn said:

WBH solos. Darkseid is like marginally stronger than Superman (so basically, fodder) and Thanos could never hope to incinerate Savage Hulk lvl beings with just a shockwave generated from physically clashing with his opponent.

Even without WBH team murders Darkseid and beats Thanos in a moderately tough fight.

I mean he kinda did a similar feat against classic Drax and shattered the planet they were on with just clashing each other but to be fair there was nobody else there but them.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#5 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (8235 posts) - - Show Bio

WBH might be one of the most overrated comic characters since Wally West

#6 Posted by Toratorn (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean he kinda did a similar feat against classic Drax and shattered the planet they were on with just clashing each other but to be fair there was nobody else there but them.

This is exactly why I find WBH's feat much more impressive. Not to mention Drax himself, who is only a high tier, was only KOed despite being in the epicenter of the clash. WBH's clash incinerated Bi-Beast, Wendigo, FFF, Armageddon and countless Mindless Ones on top of destroying the planet and cracking its moon, and Hulk wasn't even scracthed by that impact.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#8 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos needs a better teammate

#9 Posted by The_Red_Devil (5135 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way , the team has way too much versatility on it's side.

#10 Posted by TheHolyFish (528 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the team can pull it off with perfect teamwork and great versatility.

The team has nine members; most of them are herald level and maybe one or two are high tiers, which equals a lot of firepower.

Superman alone can give Darkseid a good fight, which means he can be taken care of by any three members of the team.

That means the majority of the team can focus on Thanos; the real threat. They can probably beat him with some difficulty.

Team should win with Surfer and WB Hulk as MVPs. Thanos needs a better teammate.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
#11 Posted by Supermanfan1938 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wins

#12 Posted by Soratoumiga (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

Can go either way.

#13 Posted by MattyBoi (2854 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say team 1 in a close fight. Could go either way tho. WBH def isnt soloing.

#14 Posted by LightingJack (1712 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#15 Posted by Kevd4wg (14282 posts) - - Show Bio

Team. Quasar can negate Thanos's energy pretty hard, which forces him into physicals where WBH can challenge him pretty well. Then you've got MMH's TP on the table combined with the versatility and damage output of everyone else here so I think it's pretty clear who wins

#16 Posted by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

Team. Quasar can negate Thanos's energy pretty hard, which forces him into physicals where WBH can challenge him pretty well. Then you've got MMH's TP on the table combined with the versatility and damage output of everyone else here so I think it's pretty clear who wins

#17 Posted by destinyman75 (15947 posts) - - Show Bio

Duo but team CAN win if they had perfect team work even then be tough

#18 Edited by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: Also, I never knew Quasar could negate energy. He can really do it to someone on the level of Thanos? That's pretty OP.

#19 Posted by Kevd4wg (14282 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

Oh alright

@kevd4wg: Also, I never knew Quasar could negate energy. He can really do it to someone on the level of Thanos? That's pretty OP.

Not negate, but he can make Thanos's energy powers pretty useless or block it with shields.

#20 Posted by Wot_m8 (2363 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at Hulk soloing. Hulk is definitely one of the most wanked characters on this site... like ever.

OT: Thanos and Darkseid probably take it if Darkseid is not jobbing. If he is, then Thanos definitely cannot carry.

#21 Edited by phillip33 (4594 posts) - - Show Bio

People are forgetting here that temporary BFR is a very viable strategy for thanos. That eliminates WBH right off the bat. The rest of the team don’t have many ways to harm thanos apart from that, and darkseid is superior to anyone on the team 1v1. surfer, the character with the best output here, couldn’t even manage to make thanos flinch with his best blast, and thanos has no sold the blasts on multiple occasions. Quasars shields aren’t gonna stop thanos, he’s already broken through those with his physicals. Thanos finishes off WBH once he’s dealt with the rest with darkseids help. The real wildcard here is Thor and brb smashing mjolnir and stormbreaker together because that’s done some pretty stupidly impressive stuff in the past. Thanos also has a counter to that though, as he’s trapped both tobreaker and mjolnir midflight in forcefields, forcefields that neither Thor nor brb could penetrate.

#22 Posted by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

Oops, I forgot another rule. Dammit.

• Win by death or K.O., no BFR
#23 Posted by bdelloidgrain2 (2083 posts) - - Show Bio

@wot_m8 said:

Lol at Hulk soloing. Hulk is definitely one of the most wanked characters on this site... like ever.

OT: Thanos and Darkseid probably take it if Darkseid is not jobbing. If he is, then Thanos definitely cannot carry.

Pretty much this. Depends on how hard Darkseid jobs.

#24 Posted by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid ain't jobbing either. Everyone is taking this seriously.

#25 Posted by phillip33 (4594 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: temporary bfr doesn’t count as a win by bfr as long as thanos returns to finish the deal

#26 Posted by ShadowRazer24 (843 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: temporary bfr doesn’t count as a win by bfr as long as thanos returns to finish the deal

Ah, alright then. I guess I can allow that.

#28 Posted by phillip33 (4594 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: well it’s your thread so you make the rules partner

#29 Posted by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: well it’s your thread so you make the rules partner

Well actually, I guess to make it fair I should keep the teammates at the battlefield at all times, so no BFR at all.

#30 Posted by phillip33 (4594 posts) - - Show Bio

In that case it’s tougher. Because while the rest of the team can’t really deal meaningful lasting damage to thanos, they can give him enough of a problem to take his attention away from the real physical threat here, which is wbh

#31 Posted by Battle123axe (9683 posts) - - Show Bio

Team in a close one. Good Battle.

#32 Posted by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao at World Breaker Hulk soloing. The way toratorn fantasizes over the guy, you would think he had a crush on him. Thanos already stomped Classic Drax who ripped apart stars with his bare hands, and this was in his weakest form, but let's just pretend World Breaker Hulk is going to beat him and a non-Jobbing darkseid at the same time. "Muh Duh savage hulk beings." "Incineration!!!!"

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#34 Posted by blackpantherisb (7602 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid already destroyed a planet far larger than Earth by trading blows with Highfather, and Thanos has done the same against Thane and Drax. WBH definitely isn’t soloing. Though honestly the Team probably wins.

Orion has the best energy projection of anyone here (including Thanos and Darkseid) and coupled with Banner’s physicality, Surfer’s power/versatility, Quasar’s energy manipulation (which will only work on Thanos), and all of the other Heralds here I think that the team can pull the win.

#35 Posted by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

Also laughing at the idea of a non jobbing Darkseid only being slightly above Superman. Man has one shotted him with a slap, no sold his blood-lusted bullrushes, had green lantern's constructs break on his head after he no sold them, and knocked Captain Atom on his face with a flex. "Muh duh JoBbBing DaRkSeiD!!!"

Also,

Image result for darkseid destroys planet

GG World Breaker Hulk.

#36 Posted by MainJP (7555 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wins.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#37 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12277 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda leaning toward Thanoseid.

#38 Posted by Ashrym (240 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm leaning towards team Thanoseid here too. There's a lot of potential there if neither is being a jobber.

#39 Posted by Oraculi (7318 posts) - - Show Bio

Multi-Universal ++++++ Hal Jordan solo's everyone here.

#40 Posted by Kevd4wg (14282 posts) - - Show Bio

@kalkent said:

Also laughing at the idea of a non jobbing Darkseid only being slightly above Superman. Man has one shotted him with a slap, no sold his blood-lusted bullrushes, had green lantern's constructs break on his head after he no sold them, and knocked Captain Atom on his face with a flex. "Muh duh JoBbBing DaRkSeiD!!!"

Also,

GG World Breaker Hulk.

Are you trying to say busting a planet with a shockwave is GG World Breaker Hulk?

#41 Posted by tensor (8704 posts) - - Show Bio

Duo an it is not even close.

Darkseid has beaten down the half of DC already

Thanos has done the same to the marvel Team.

So putting them all together is not going to change the outcome.

They still getting a beat down.

#42 Posted by ByondEon (2943 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:
@takenstew22 said:

This is exactly why I find WBH's feat much more impressive. Not to mention Drax himself, who is only a high tier, was only KOed despite being in the epicenter of the clash. WBH's clash incinerated Bi-Beast, Wendigo, FFF, Armageddon and countless Mindless Ones on top of destroying the planet and cracking its moon, and Hulk wasn't even scracthed by that impact.

So false. He is above Surfer..

#43 Posted by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

Are you trying to say busting a planet with a shockwave is GG World Breaker Hulk?

No, I was saying there was no way Hulk is soloing based off that one feat when two people have feats very similar to that. Not to mention Darkseid has tanked the Astro Force which one can argue is superior to gamma beams.

#44 Edited by Toratorn (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

@byondeon said:
@toratorn said:
@takenstew22 said:

Yeah, sure. Tfw someone above Surfer couldn't beat Mar-Vell while bloodlusted, got his ass kicked by She-Hulk, got one-shot on 3 separate occasions by Thanos, couldn't do shit to Blastaar, got stomped in h2h by Adam Warlock and got stalemated by Thor and Professor Hulk while weilding Power Gem.

Then again, you're the guy who thinks that Thor one-shots WBH, so your opinion is kind of worthless.

#45 Posted by ByondEon (2943 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:
@byondeon said:
@toratorn said:
@takenstew22 said:

Yeah, sure. Tfw someone above Surfer couldn't beat Mar-Vell while bloodlusted, got his ass kicked by She-Hulk, got one-shot on 3 separate occasions by Thanos, couldn't do shit to Blastaar, got stomped in h2h by Adam Warlock and got stalemated by Thor and Professor Hulk while weilding Power Gem.

Then again, you're the guy who thinks that Thor one-shots WBH, so your opinion is kind of worthless.

Classic Drax would destroy Thor, Hulk, Blastaar, Mar-Vell, She-Hulk. Thanos would smack around everyone you mentioned AT THE SAME TIME. Classic Drax have had several different power-levels. Drax when he was actually powerful was way above Surfer.

Also, a no-holding-back Thor WOULD one-shot WBH. WBH is not that impressive.

#46 Edited by Toratorn (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

@byondeon said:

Classic Drax would destroy Thor, Hulk, Blastaar, Mar-Vell, She-Hulk.

And yet he didn't. All these match-ups happened and Drax looked like a fool each time.

Thanos would smack around everyone you mentioned AT THE SAME TIME.

Not the point here.

Classic Drax have had several different power-levels.

And none of them was above Surfer.

Drax when he was actually powerful was way above Surfer.

So never?

Also, a no-holding-back Thor WOULD one-shot WBH. WBH is not that impressive.

Non-holding back Thor already failed to one-shot, beat, injure or even significantly hurt mindless Hulk and Professor Hulk. He also failed to do the same against characters way weaker than WBH while being brainwashed, bloodlusted or otherwise not holding back - Iron Man, Korg, Nova, Wonder Man, Ares, Namor, Vision, etc.

Your Thor wank is hilarious. Keep trying.

#47 Posted by Kangconquers (1211 posts) - - Show Bio

Best showings only Thanos and Darkseid could each solo the team. Average versions of each combined would take this rather handily.

#48 Posted by TakenStew22 (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#49 Posted by HellionVulcan (7438 posts) - - Show Bio

I laughed hard at World-breaker killing Thanos since it'd never happen but team 1 stomps.

#50 Edited by King-Ragnar (5166 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid is too much of a weak link to do anything. Thanos isn't going to be able to do everything by himself. Swap the former with someone such as Magus, then the fight would be more balanced.