• 51 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
deactivated-5c07a0327fd39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Thane (with Phoenix force) vs Thanos (63 votes)

Thane 35%
Thanos 65%

Father vs son!

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Let's assume the witches/coven did not interrupt the fight

• Both have full knowledge

• Thane has one week of preparation

• Bloodlusted and kill mindset

• The fight starts in Titan

• 616 version

Who wins?

• 
CryoModeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanos with one week preparation will give Thane hell but Phoenix ain`t gonna be simple case for him. Despite fact that Thanos with prep literally destroyed skyfather level beings I`m still going with Thane due to his hax at energy projection and physical stats.

Sungsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sungsam

^ Wow. I was under the impression that only Anime/Manga/VNs had "Hax".

That word gets thrown around a lot, so the definition is confusing to me.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thane hasn't done anything impressive with prep, and judging by how the fight went before they got interrupted Thanos should win after a long fight.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't need prep when you've got the Phoenix Force.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thane hasn't done anything impressive with prep, and judging by how the fight went before they got interrupted Thanos should win after a long fight.

Avatar image for crushyourenemies
CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this literally already happened on a comic book

thanos literally prepped for it and literally beat him

what the hell man

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what the hell man

It's not Thanos who has prep here and Thanos didn't have prep then, he just got his power back.

DevilmayDare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DevilmayDare

I love how some people always say "this happened in comics, whats the point of debating it here" yes a lot of the fights that happened in comics are still debated on here, nothing stops us from debating them. Hulk and Thor fought over a dozen times in the comics yet i still see a VS thread with them every other day.

Besides when was the outcome of a comic fight the be all end all of everything?

I guess we shouldn't make a thread of Spiderman vs Firelord because we all already know how that fight went right? Case closed on that one? Nothing to question about the credibility of that fight right?

Anyway the Phoenix Force > Thanos.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thane wins.

Avatar image for crushyourenemies
CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crushyourenemies said:

what the hell man

It's not Thanos who has prep here and Thanos didn't have prep then, he just got his power back.

No, it was clearly established that the witches gave him the power of a god. He got a ridiculous amp that carried over to him killing himself later on who was responsible for killing everyone in that universe.

Thane has prep? OH yeah that makes a difference because he didn't have prep when they fought right? Oh wait, he did.

This is literally the same exact boring scenario as the comic book.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehierarchy said:
@crushyourenemies said:

what the hell man

No, it was clearly established that the witches gave him the power of a god. He got a ridiculous amp that carried over to him killing himself later on who was responsible for killing everyone in that universe.

Thane has prep? OH yeah that makes a difference because he didn't have prep when they fought right? Oh wait, he did.

This is literally the same exact boring scenario as the comic book.

Except the Coven removed the Phoenix from Thane. That isn't happening this time.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thane is crap with prep

Thanks wins after an eternity of battle

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK, but to me it kinda seemed like Thanos beat Thane pretty easily.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crushyourenemies:

That is debatable, the latest Thanos series had powerlevels all over the place so lets wait and see what happens after.

Not prep as in preparing for a full power Thanos.

It's different, bit Thanos should still win.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Thanos wins.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By blackspidey2099

TBH Thane should win. Thanos isn’t beating the Phoenix Force without Infinity Gauntlets or other such deus ex machina gear.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Did you see their fight? Thanos seemed to be winning

@blackspidey2099: They already fought and Thanos was shown to be superior.

Wasn't that only because Thanos went into the God Quarry and took the power of all the dead gods from there?

And even then, Thanos only won after the Phoenix Force was stripped from Thane.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: I'm aware Thanos won in the end due to the witches stripping Thane of Phoenix force however that's not what my point. If you look at the fight Thanos was shown to be superior and likely would have won even without the witches help.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@all-father: what about the fact that Thanos was amped since he stole all the power from the God Quarry which had the power of thousands of gods?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehierarchy: @blackspidey2099: @all-father: I just reviewed the fight. Thanos was NOT winning. Thane was not close to being defeated. In fact on the final page of battle, Thane was standing while Thanos was on one knee. Thanos had flashier displays of power. But Thanos did nothing to really hurt Thane.

Heres the fight for those who don't have it.

https://youtu.be/n23GMp4Sl28

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 20damon

Voted Thanos because i misread that both had prep, but if only Thane has prep AND Phoenix force... he should win.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty: Then you and I read it differently, I saw Thane getting hit more, hurting more, and I saw Thanos practically having the time of his life.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehierarchy: Can you show any lasting damage done to Thane? Or Thane looking unable to fight? Or showing fear? Both were relishing the fight. Again the last panel of the fight shows that Thane took everything that Thanos gave him and was standing upright. It was Thanos who was bent down on one knee. Not a single attack from Thanos was even remotely close to Thane down. Thanos was not winning. Simply holding his own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@20damon said:

Voted Thanos because i misread that both had prep, but if only Thane has prep AND Phoenix force... he should win.

Only Thane has one week of prep.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thane's only prep feat is getting the Black Vortex lol,

as for their fight right before their fight ended Thane was standing & Thanos was on one knee

No Caption Provided

just because Thanos got a more flashy display of power with the planet busting doesn't mean he was superior.

CaptFalcon725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Thanos wins. Depowered Thanos gets his butt whooped.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would still back Thanos. Thane isn’t as adept to using the Phoenix as say Jean Grey, the Phoenix Five (specifically Scott and Emma), or Rachel. No realty warping or subatomic level telekinesis as far as I remember of Thane. He was mostly using basic Phoenix powers while being put on the ropes. Lasting damage is debatable and Thanos was getting tired, but there is still a strong possibility that Thanos mind would’ve came up with something if the fight progressed.

I back Thanos.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By P00TY

@pyrofn: still a strong possibility that Thanos mind would’ve came up with something if the fight progressed.

When has Thanos "came up with something" in the middle of a non-prep fight? Especially against a person as powerful as he was?

And when was Thane "on the ropes"? I saw no advantage for either.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty: Unlike Thane, Thanos actually knocked Thane unconscious for a time after blitzing him through a planet. The fact that Thanos was capable of that after taking and exchanging blows with a Phoenix powered Thane is impressive enough. Thane couldn’t barely tire Thanos to his knee. How exactly is an unconscious Thane who seemed to recover equal to Thanos who wasn’t put down.

When has Thanos come up with something? How about faking his death for Silver Surfer so as to continue his quest for the Gems?

https://i.imgur.com/7vGVxRY_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

https://i.imgur.com/KK7CPW2_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Or Thanos using Galactus tech to pull two planets together to stop Hunger? (He says he was multitasking when he implemented this plan)

https://i.imgur.com/Dc0b7Ms_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

https://i.imgur.com/tAvARml_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

https://i.imgur.com/ushmW5I_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

https://i.imgur.com/jj0pkQK_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: As said, that attack didn't have Thane on the ropes. He recovered very quickly and was still able to attack Thanos with powerful attacks. The fact that Thane was able to continue after being put through a planet is impressive enough. After everything was said and done, Thane was in a better looking position than Thanos.

Faking his death is not a combat feat and conveniently having high end tech around isnt part of this scenario.

Still it's close so I won't argue to much. I'll back Thane because Thanos appeared to be getting winded.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty: If we count knockouts as wins on the vine, then I can’t see why we can’t count Thane being unconscious as him being on the ropes. It would be similar to knocking Wolverine out. Wolvie could recover quickly and go another round, but hardly could we say that his recovery time could help him against someone like Thanos or Doom who could meet him in battle effortlessly, even if Wolvie managers to stab through Dooms armor once.

It kind of is and isn’t. Though it wasn’t an attack, Surfer was clearly pursuing to fight and end Thanos and Thanos thought of a plan to stop him. There is nothing to say Thanos would always go for lethal means in battles.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty: Sorry, I never replied to you, excuae me for it.

The panel where he was on one knee you can clearly see the marks on the ground where Thanos stopped his momentum from flying through the black hole, it wasnt because he needed his knee to support him but because its the easy way of slowing yourself down.

I have to agree though, neither did much damage to the other, Im basing my opinion off of superior skill on Thanos' side (as shown in the fight) and the amount of outcries Thane had in comparison to Thanos.

Also, didn't Thane have a brief knockout or did I see that wrong? After Thanos bullrushed him through a planet.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehierarchy: I can't recall if Thane was knocked out. If it wasn't long enough to end the fight or deliver the final blow then it didn't cause lasting damage.

Yelling and screaming in pain is just part of comics. Thanos got more hits. But as you can see in post 29 neither was really hurting the other.

If you give Thanos the benefit of the doubt.... I understand. I just didn't see either having a clear advantage

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: @thehierarchy: Just looked at the fight on youtube. Unless they are missing a page, Thane is never knocked out. The Champion gets knocked out. But not Thane. Maybe one of you can confirm

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty said:

@pyrofn: @thehierarchy: Just looked at the fight on youtube. Unless they are missing a page, Thane is never knocked out. The Champion gets knocked out. But not Thane. Maybe one of you can confirm

He was KO'd for a short time, here is him floating in space without moving for a little:

No Caption Provided

Seems knocked out to me.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheHierarchy

@p00ty said:

@thehierarchy: I can't recall if Thane was knocked out. If it wasn't long enough to end the fight or deliver the final blow then it didn't cause lasting damage.

Yelling and screaming in pain is just part of comics. Thanos got more hits. But as you can see in post 29 neither was really hurting the other.

If you give Thanos the benefit of the doubt.... I understand. I just didn't see either having a clear advantage

He was knocked for a little, nothing longer than a couple of seconds but Thane was not brushing off every hit for sure.

Not really, but Thane wasn't completely no-selling Thanos' hits while Thanos never made a sound.

I thought Thanos seemed to have an advantage in the end, but I can most definetely see why you think otherwise.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehierarchy: Thanks. Missed that scan. That qualifies as knocked out. Because of the ko and how much Thane was yelling.... Thanos was more impressive

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Cull_Obsidian

@p00ty: Lol of course you would say that , it's expected from you , I suppose the fact that Thanos momentarily knocked out Thane doesn't mean anything ?

Thanos getting winded , what? That's pure assumption, I don't think he can even get winded being an eternal

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty: Great that I managed to convince you, have a nice day!

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PyroFN

@cull_obsidian: You are late to the party buddy. Pooty already acknowledged the ko in the comments above yours.

Also, you can clearly see Thanos leaning on his knee in the to be continued in contrast to Thane standing straight. Thanos is winded.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Ah fair enough, I stopped at pootys post and commented lol

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: Lol of course you would say that , it's expected from you..

Same to you buddy.

suppose the fact that Thanos momentarily knocked out Thane doesn't mean anything ?

It meant something...a little. But the fact that Thane continued as if nothing happened shows me much more.

don't think he can even get winded being an eternal.

That's a generic statement about all eternals. I meant winded as in growing weary from getting beat up.

While Thanos did not come close to being able to finish Thane. Nor caused Thane any lasting damage. He did briefly Ko him. So Thanos did have a slighty better performance.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty: I agree it wasnt massively better but slightly like you said

Avatar image for hoboswagginssidekick
HoboSwagginsSidekick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember Thanos having a fist fight with the Pheonyx Force to a stalemate (I don't remember if he had the Guantlet or not) so just giving that to a weaker Thanos would not be to much for him, especially with the Guantlet or the cosmic cube. I vote Thanos

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kidolio

Is Thane some kind of mentally challenged individual? Just use the Phoenix force to see the future and make a million of you and then win, it’s not that complicated.

Jesus it seems like whenever these nigh-omnipotent beings actually ever fight they forget every power they have except punching and energy blasts.

Edit: So yeah, I’d vote Thane if he used his MULTIVERSAL REALITY WARPING POWER like any half competent person, but who am I kidding he’s never gonna do that. He’s just gonna be some dumb yahoo who fist fights like some pleb who doesn’t know how to throw a punch.

Thanos all the way.