Terran Dominion (StarCraft) vs Sisters of Battle (WH40K)

• 50 results
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By tparks

@merulezall: Ya, that’s pretty typical 40K stuff. I’m not surprised Tyranids would have beat them on a planetary scale. They’ve beaten basically every army on a planetary scale at some point, since they pretty much only attack on that scale.

I do think that planetary gets taken out of context sometimes when it comes to 40K though. Not every planet has a dense population across the entire surface. Whenever I’ve read planetary battles in the novels I’ve read, it focuses on smaller battles, where a central command center or major city is, and that’s the deciding battle for the planet’s fate. Unless it’s a Tyranid invasion, where they blanket the planet in organisms, but even then, it still typically comes down to a last stand in a major area.

When I say smaller, it’s still massive numbers, it just not an entire planet where the entire surface is covered in war.

That could just be the limitations of a writer not being able to describe something that massive and not have it be confusing, but I do think some people have been disingenuous making it seem like every single 40K battle has trillions of people, daemons, and aliens fighting. I feel like Kerrigan’s assault on Korhal is no smaller then most of the battles people call planetary in 40K, and maybe even with more numbers then quite a few of them.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@tparks: Very true, and I never thought about it that way either.