Terran Dominion (StarCraft) vs Sisters of Battle (WH40K)

• 50 results
jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jwwprod
Terran Dominion (StarCraft)
Terran Dominion (StarCraft)

vs

Sisters of Battle (Warhammer 40K)
Sisters of Battle (Warhammer 40K)

Set up:

A group of Sisters of Battle of the Order of Our Martyred Lady, have come to the planet Hoth to claim it in the Emperor's name, but when they get there they see a group of Terrans from the Koprulu sector have made camp on the planet, the Sisters tell the Terrans to get off the planet or else there would be war, the Terrans refuse and say that there order come directly from the high commands of the Dominion and then war begins!

Terran Dominion's arsenal for this battle:

• 650 Terran Marines
  • 200 Firebats.
  • 100 Reapers.
  • 10 Ghosts (No nukes).
  • 50 Hellions.
  • 150 Siege Tanks.
  • 40 Vikings (Mech form).
  • 20 Vikings (Aircraft form).
  • 20 Banshees.

Sisters of Battle's arsenal for this battle:

• 600 Battle Sisters (equipped with Bolters).
  • 200 Battle Sisters (equipped with Flamethrowers).
  • 100 Seraphims.
  • 50 Celestians.
  • 10 Missionaries.
  • 100 Repressors.
  • 100 Immolators.
  • 40 Penitent Engines.
  • 20 Avenger Strike Fighters.
  • 20 Lightning fighters.

Battlefield location:

The Planet Hoth
The Planet Hoth

Goals to victory:

• Terrans win by either completely destroying the Sisters of Battle forces or by driving the Sisters of Battle off of Hoth.
  • Sisters of Battle win by either completely destroying the Terran forces or until the Terrans surrender.

Who wins and why?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jwwprod: Going with sisters, but i can't wait to see the amazing debates coming from the SC side.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: Going with sisters, but i can't wait to see the amazing debates coming from the SC side.

Yea I'd thought this would be a pretty good and interesting battle.

Especially since I've made a few StarCraft vs WH40K threads and I haven't seen that many Sisters of Battle threads so I thought why not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: o there out there, but they dont ever get commented back and stuff

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wut

Come on Jw! :( I am really busy lately, but as I enjoy the Sisters, I will try and do this really quick.

The Sisters get the short end of the stick so many times it is so frustrating. One time, Grey Knights killed a bunch of sisters and painted their armor with their blood... to protect against corruption... I kid you not, but funny enough, most of said Sisters were immune because of faith alone, so suck it Grey Knights.

You chose the Martyred Lady which is funny because they are the only ones who do the white hair thing, but now almost all fan drawn SoBs have it because that look became famous.

To make this quick:

Air Power: SoB have the air advantage, heavily. While I can't find anything on Terrain atmospheric speed for either, given the sheer size and weight the Viking has makes it very unlikely it is going to be going 2,000+ KPH. The Banshee is a helicopter. Yes, it looks cool, yes, it looks different, but it is, essentially, a helicopter. The Wraith is the Dominion fighter. Neither of them can contend with the Avenger or Lightning who are going to outmaneuver the others and shoot them down in short order. The best hope the Dominion have here is to use the Banshee cloaking, hope they don't get picked up by Auspex, and use them as close-ground support if things get dire because when they start opening open, it will be obvious where they are.

Infantry: Sisters vs Marines. Closer then most would think. I would give the Sisters the edge in armor as Power Armor in 40k has more consistent higher showings in terms of tanking damage. For those who are wondering, yes, SoBs armor = Space Marine Armor. Not quite the same due to the lack of the a Black Carapace, but the durability is the same.

To leave this matter at rest, in most cases, Bolter > C-14. Get over it. However, Sisters aren't aimbots like Space Marines while Marines do have auto-targeters in their guns (Doesn't help that much given how many times they have missed, but it is still something). The C-14 is going to be firing at longer ranges then the Bolter and faster, but they are going to need to drown the sisters in bullets or aim for weak points in the armor to take down the Sisters. Said Sisters will be able to kill Marines much easier, but have to get into range to do so.

So... hm. I am just going to call this a draw for now. Marines are better at long range while Sisters take it in mid/close range.

Fire: Firebats vs flamers. Mmmm these are just normal flamers, so I would hesitantly give the edge to the Firebats for the lack of desire to look up more feats for both.

Jetpacks: Favoring the Seraphim here. Not by much, mind you, but if bolters > C-14 then it would be logical to assume Bolt Pistols > Gauss Pistols unless someone can dig up some feats for the P-38 pistol? As feats vs featless means feats win by default in most cases.

Reapers can use demo charges while Seraphim can use various grenades, so Reapers are better at destroying buildings and hard points while Seraphim are better at hit and run. This is a battle, so Seraphim get the edge.

If the Seraphim are given a inferno pistol it becomes hilariously one sided as inferno pistols are mini multi-meltas.

'Elites': Ghost vs Celestians and Missionaries. Why in the world are Missionaries here? They are just humans they added in Dawn Of War. The Missionaries offer nothing to this battle as the Sisters don't need a morale boost as they are already insanely brave (And I mean insanely).

Ghost are sneaky gits with nice guns. Celestians are super veterans with heavy weapons. Both are good in their respective fields and how they are employed. Can't really compare apples to oranges here.

Light Vehicles: Wasn't sure what to names this, but Hellion vs Repressor. Hellion flamethrower has impressive range, but I have no reason to assume it is as strong as a Heavy Flamer, that said, Repressors do outrange the Hellion thanks to Stormbolter, but that is more anti-infantry then anti-tank, but the Hellion looks light enough to get penetrated by a stormbolter. As it is a rhino chassis, it should have vastly superior armor. Hellion should be faster.

Soooo in terms of a battle, I give it to the Repressor as there are more of them and they are multipurpose transports.

Heavies: Immolators vs Siege Tanks. Shouldn't have to say this, but the Siege Tanks dominates having vastly superior range to the heavy flamer toting Immolator which I doubt is going to hurt a Siege Tank especially since said Siege Tank doubles as a short ranged artillery tank. Even if we bump the Immolator up to multi-meltas, they still have to get very close while the Siege Tank is more versatile.

Walkers: Viking takes this easily. Besides being superior armored (Penitent Engine doesn't even bother to protect the pilot as that would defeat the purpose), it has superior weaponry as the Penitent Engine only has melee weaponry. I see normal Marines dropping Penitent Engines with good shots to the pilot.

Outcome: Go find a coin. Flip it. On Heads, the SoB air power dominates the opposition quickly and then proceeds to run bombing runs on marine hold outs and take out their siege tanks and viking walkers. On Tails, the SoB air power dominates, but not fast enough, and the Sister of Battle ground forces are pushed back by superior enemy armor.

Now back to my essays for schoooool.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: P-38's are futuristic hollowpoints made expressly to kill targets wearing CMC-300+ armor, which is roughly equivalent to what Sisters of Battle wear. They're higher efficiency than C-14's in mid and close range by a rather large margin.

Hellions are capable of Hellbat mode which makes them into pseudo firebats with greater mobility in Hellion mode. They would indeed get shredded by storm bolsters in hellion mode. Hellbat mode would let them tank a bit more with their shields.

The way that the Terrans can take this is by basically sitting in formation and forcing their marines to turn on their targeting computers to focus down the enemy fighters. As in sit everything on the ground in tight formation and wait for the SoB to engage into their superior range.

Ghosts would probably focus the P Engines because of their ridiculous open air seating :P

Then it's just watching two armies crash together. Honestly a ratio of 1010 to 150, defensive infantry to siege tanks is ridiculously luxurious for the Terrans.

The SoB wins easily if they take it even slower and just pepper the fireballs/hellbats incessantly and force the marines to the front to defend against the air and then engaging while the terrans are in reverse order and have their close range infantry being blocked off by their long range marines.

If the SoB just charge in, they're in for a meat grinder. Terrans love their meat grinders.

Just wondering, are these Arcilite Cannon equipped siege tanks or Crucio equipped siege tanks? Arcilite have longer range and even better anti-armor, but the Crucio have a better fire rate and have smart shrapnel that avoids friendly fire to a large degree.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wut

@boringperson: Slower firing rate but more kick then C-14? Wait... hollowpoints are designed for killing unarmored targets why in the world does it make it better against armor? Anyways besides that... oddity in the weapon design, they would be roughly the same as bolt pistols cept bolt rounds explode after penetrating. In which case, it comes down to their secondary equipment which is demo packs vs various grenades. In a campaign, I would prefer demo packs, but for a battle, I would rather my hit and run units have grenades.

Going into tight formations would be a terrible idea as far as this battle goes since Sisters will have air superiority including bomber which means... nasty bombing runs. Unless you mean try to shoot down their air with C-14 which won't work well since both their opposing targets are akin to our modern jets in that they zoom by and blast, not sit there and blast. One of these I can see getting hit by the C-14, the other getting hit would be massive, massive blind luck.

They didn't give either side a leader, so I am assuming 'reasonable leader' for both. Depending on the Canoness, you get 'Charge the Heretics!' or someone a little more... sane like the one who stopped a fight between them and Grey Knights and used reason and logic to overcome the situation.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wut

@boringperson: Oh, didn't see that, yeah, aren't Penitent Engines just terribly designed? I mean... the hell? It fits in the setting because if they survive, it is the Emperor's Will. If they don't... they were meant to die, but seriously, what a bad design... cool looking though.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jwwprod
@wut said:

@boringperson: Oh, didn't see that, yeah, aren't Penitent Engines just terribly designed? I mean... the hell? It fits in the setting because if they survive, it is the Emperor's Will. If they don't... they were meant to die, but seriously, what a bad design... cool looking though.

Still better than Dreadknight! :D

No Caption Provided

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wut

@jwwprod: Not at all. He is wearing power armor at least. Penitent Engine girl is wearing a robe/sheet. Sometimes just scripture. Look at it!

No Caption Provided

That is just asking to be shot.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@jwwprod: Not at all. He is wearing power armor at least. Penitent Engine girl is wearing a robe/sheet. Sometimes just scripture. Look at it!

No Caption Provided

That is just asking to be shot.

The reason I said the Dreadknight's design was worse was because it looks ridiculous cause the pilot looks like he's in a baby carriereven the Emperor thought it was the worse thing he has ever seen ;)

And while I do agree that the Penitent Engine is pretty badly designed but at least it doesn't look quite as silly as the Dreadknight even if the pilot looks she's being crucified LOL!

Avatar image for terrifying_archon
Terrifying_Archon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man for woman the Sisters are superior and you took out the problems of numbers.

That being said SC suits are so fat I wonder how they engage in any combat at all.

They're tubby little suits.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terrifying_archon: Honestly.. I kinda thought they waddled a little. SoB have some of my favorite Power Armor in Sci-Fi. Looks so awesome.

@jwwprod: Now that you mention it... it does look like he is in a baby carrier lol.

Avatar image for terrifying_archon
Terrifying_Archon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@terrifying_archon: Honestly.. I kinda thought they waddled a little. SoB have some of my favorite Power Armor in Sci-Fi. Looks so awesome.

@jwwprod: Now that you mention it... it does look like he is in a baby carrier lol.

And SC2 seemed to have forced every terran suit of armor to undertake a diet of cake, soda, and chips.

Except the ghosts, men get lean and mean armor, women get pointless skintight ass cleavage (which would probably ride like hell).

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for callous_adherent
Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: It also plagues my precious Samus. From destroyer of worlds to woobie who needs the approval of men to activate her heat resistant upgrades in a high temperature area so that she'd appeal more to Japanese audiences. V_V

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@callous_adherent: Don't you know all women need the approval of men in order to become something in their lives? I mean... isn't that what video games try to teach us?

Plate for a Man? Woman, you get a chain bikini, know your place.

Helm for a Man? Woman, you get a tiara and be glad we let you think you are pretty.

Central Plot Character for a Man? Woman, you get to be arm candy at best.

-_- Such BS.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: C-14's are actually supposed to be highly capable AA with the targeting computers in the power armor.

They're supposed to shred through hypersonic fighters with ease. Honestly, it's my fanlore reason why Terrans just don't have bombers period.

If the two armies just crashed into each other I do think SoB should win via air superiority. Terran Dominion leadership is honestly quite lazy. They'd probably just sit and wait for the SoB... Or charge into the SoB with their tanks in worthless assault mode popping stim way too early tot be useful :P

I should also probably note that SoB are better fighters than the formerly criminal brainwashed resocialized soldiers being used by the Dominion. There are like 4 basic brainwashing backstories so like a quarter of them realize they've been duped and get resocialized again a few months/years later and have to be retrained lololol

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Terrain dominion, simply because anything the sisters of battle got, the terrain can defeated especially the easily one shotted Penitent Engine which would be completely useless this battle. I'd say terrain dominion wins 7/10.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Detrolord

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: Crazy right? It says they can be mobile AAs... but they have trouble hitting Protoss and even zerglings? What the hell guys?

If it makes you feel better, normal SoB, chances are they will be counter charging. There are smart Canoness out there, but the crazy ones tend to be the most popular. So using 'normal' leadership for both sides... this may turn into a huge cluster....

I was avoiding the skill argument, but I agree SoB are probably better skill-wise. They are trained from a very young age to just be what they are. Funny enough, in Ciaphas Cain, he talks about a game that is much like Rugby and says the Commissar Cadets usually dominated against the other schools (Even the stormtrooper class), but they could never beat the Sister of Battle trainees.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: but tau could ^^ ( instead it'd be problem, Sororitas ) XD

Avatar image for tenebrous_guile
Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@boringperson: Crazy right? It says they can be mobile AAs... but they have trouble hitting Protoss and even zerglings? What the hell guys?

If it makes you feel better, normal SoB, chances are they will be counter charging. There are smart Canoness out there, but the crazy ones tend to be the most popular. So using 'normal' leadership for both sides... this may turn into a huge cluster....

I was avoiding the skill argument, but I agree SoB are probably better skill-wise. They are trained from a very young age to just be what they are. Funny enough, in Ciaphas Cain, he talks about a game that is much like Rugby and says the Commissar Cadets usually dominated against the other schools (Even the stormtrooper class), but they could never beat the Sister of Battle trainees.

That's because the Sister of Battle trainees think that the point of scrumball is to hospitalize the other team if Cain is anything to go by. :P

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile: A win is a win. :D

@killerwasp: Lol Tau engaged in a game of Rugby with anything but Carebears are going to get sent to the hospital.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@tenebrous_guile: A win is a win. :D

@killerwasp: Lol Tau engaged in a game of Rugby with anything but Carebears are going to get sent to the hospital.

Everytime someone proposes 40k bloodbowl the Tyranids break out the carnifex linebackers and before you know it everyone else's star players are comatose.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wut

@killerwasp: lol the wet dreams of young Tau everywhere. "Someday... I will get into hth with a space marine... and he will roll so many ones!"

@tenebrous_guile: I will take on that carnifex as long as Magnus can be my teams coach... >.> Cause nothing in the rules say team wizards can't go zap.. or time stop...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: XD, admit it though that pic was pretty funny XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile: actually eldar would just use all their avatar of khaines at once and just roll up all those little carnifexes into mighty joi--- i mean mighty rolo's and eat them. XD

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@killerwasp: lol the wet dreams of young Tau everywhere. "Someday... I will get into hth with a space marine... and he will roll so many ones!"

@tenebrous_guile: I will take on that carnifex as long as Magnus can be my teams coach... >.> Cause nothing in the rules say team wizards can't go zap.. or time stop...

In that case I'll use Orikan to doctor who me up a victory.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@tenebrous_guile: Psh, who cheats in blood bowl? *Bribes the Ref*

Not if I bribe him twice as much as you!

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wut
jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

o snap i forgot about this lol

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jwwprod: Not sure, because I don't know really anything about the Sisters.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sisters of Battle (Warhammer stomp in my opinion

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@jwwprod: Not sure, because I don't know really anything about the Sisters.

Btw thoughts now?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tparks

@merulezall: I’m not sure when it gets to the vehicles. I haven’t paid attention to what the Sororita’s tanks can do, besides look really rad, lol. I’m also not sure why Vikings are limited to either ground or air, since their whole deal is the ability to switch in a moments notice.

But, pound for pound, comparing the typical marine to the typical sister, the marines are more powerful on paper. They have better armor, and better ranged weapons. The Dominion is also more proven to fight at battles of this scale. I haven’t seen the Sisters gather in numbers this large, but I might have just not read those instances.

That being said, The Sisters famously fight out of their weight class. Specially in melee for some reason. They stand side by side with Astartes, and somehow manage to be very close, if not as effective, as the Space Marines. If this was Raynor’s Raiders, instead of the Dominion, I’d say the Marines vs Battle Sisters part of this is definitely in SC’s favor, since the Raiders also win against overwhelming odds in pretty much every battle.

I think the scales tip a bit more to The Dominions favor when the upgraded units are compared. A Hellbat is worth a good 5 Sisters with Flamers. Their armor is a lot better, and I’d argue a Hellbat’s plasma jets are also better then a flamer from 40K, based both on stats about the weapons, and comparing feats.

I’d say Reapers are better then Seraphims, mostly because Reapers have a healing factor.

I’d also argue Ghosts are better then missionaries. They are comparable, but Ghosts have much better offense from much further ranges. Being invisible is also a big deal.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Beautiful response. Sisters have engaged in planetary conflicts though, so battles this size isn't new to them. They have also done sieges on planetary level as well along with holding off full fledged ork invasions. They are as effective, because they are blessed by holy angels of plot. :P

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: From what I’ve seen, it’s usually smaller groups, assisting others armies. By smaller, I mean a few hundred, or sometimes just a dozen or so. I’m sure there are instances of them in the Codex having more massive scale battles, like every 40k army has, but I just haven’t seen it happen where it’s described in more detail.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: What I mean is the Sisters of Battle have some home worlds they have defended. Its how they lost relics to Orks and Necrons, but you are 100% correct they support much like SM's though, but they have waged war on a planetary level and generally only lost via being super out numbered or out teched. IIRC I think even Nids beat them as well on a planetary scale.