Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, the airbenders Aang and Tenzin will take on the firebenders Zuko, Azula, and Iroh, who will win?

Aang is limited to airbending only for this fight. No Avatar State

Azula is sane

Aang has his glider, Tenzin has his flight suit

Fight takes place at the Northern Air Temple. Time is mid-afternoon. Starting distance is 25 feet

Victory by ko or death

Round 1: All are in character but determined to win

Round 2: All are bloodlusted

Who wins?

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By johnfrank120

Is lightning allowed?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I think the firemen takes it.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 wreck, Tenzin and Aang can never find the masters of disguise.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are as fast and agile as the airbenders and have better destructive power(kai and zaheer are the only two people who used it destructively/dangerously).

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: Aang shattered fire navy projectiles and killed buzzard wasps

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 should win round 1, but team 1 should win round 2

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@arcus said:

Didn't he solo dozens of fire navy ships?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

Didn't he solo dozens of fire navy ships?

I don't think so, I know he battled some in the siege of the north but he didn't solo dozens, least not until he merged with the Ocean Spirit

Team 2 should win round 1, but team 1 should win round 2

Any reasons?

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gizmorino
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I don't see how Tenzin and Aang win this, Azula and Iroh are incredibly skilled and powerful benders in of themselves and Aang needed more than one element to contend with Azula in their fights. Tenzin doesn't have the feats to indicate he can beat Azula or Iroh either. And if this is Post Dragons Zuko, that only adds to the skill edge the Firebenders have.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team air.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, Mhh could go either way in both rounds.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aressword: any reasons? @lvenger: to be fair, Aang largely used earth against Azula, and he was never bloodlusted

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 fire benders they are more agressive but round2 Aang going all out solos in my opinion he has some Insane feat like putting out that volcano. And Tenzins powerful aswell

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Nah he used air and Earth mainly IIRC and I doubt a bloodlusted Aang would fight as well as an Aang who's trying to be more agile and defensive, which was a relevant counter to Azula's aggressiveness in combat.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: when he actually tried to fight her he generally used earth, at least in the Catacombs and the Drill. In the three way fight all he did was evade until he eventually got put down.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arcus said:

@lvenger: when he actually tried to fight her he generally used earth, at least in the Catacombs and the Drill. In the three way fight all he did was evade until he eventually got put down.

What I don't get is why Aang continued to use earth when it was clear that he was getting overwhelmed. As opposed to relying on his strongest element, which I think, would have been far more effective against Zuko & Azula. He didn't even attempt to water bend. It doesn't make much sense in universe. I wonder what was going through his mind at the time.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: I'm not entirely sure, maybe he just found it easier to use earthbending for combat or something. It was cool getting to see him earthbend, but air would have been more effective

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

What I don't get is why Aang continued touse earth when it was clear that he was getting overwhelmed. As opposed to relying on his strongest element, which I think would have been far more effective against Zuko & Azula. He didn't even attempt to water bend. It doesn't make much sense in universe. I wonder what was going through Aang's mind at the time.

THIS lol. He was even doing poorly vs zuko when he began using earth. His airbending was so much better vs the firebenders. Plot shield I guess, to keep him from easily beating the enemies because in all likelihood he would have and the show would not advance haha

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Tenzin and Aang are really good at dodging, and so i feel they could tire the fire benders out in a long fight, and give them the win.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 in the end

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: In round 1 Iroh and Zuko can at least hold off Aang while Azula could tag Tenzin in the end and take him

In round 2 I would say team 1 as Aang has ripped through fire nation projectiles and can cause virtual hurricanes to delay the fire team.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

He definitely used air on the drill and I distinctly remember him using mainly air in "The Chase" episode. It's his main element and the only one Aang has actually mastered in what we were shown of ATLA, why wouldn't he use it against Azula?

@arcus said:

What I don't get is why Aang continued to use earth when it was clear that he was getting overwhelmed. As opposed to relying on his strongest element, which I think, would have been far more effective against Zuko & Azula. He didn't even attempt to water bend. It doesn't make much sense in universe. I wonder what was going through his mind at the time.

There wasn't any nearby water to bend whilst fighting on the drill but outside of his watershield with Katara, Aang didn't rely on water all that much. Honestly Aang started using waterbending much less by mid Book 2 - Book 3 as part of his main fighting style.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: he used maybe a brief air attack initially, and then when he broke the drill. In the chase all he did was evade. I don't know why he didn't use it more

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: That is what I was thinking of and I can see your point that Earth provides more resistance to firebending, hence why Aang used it against Azula more often.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: honestly, for Aang at least, air was a better counter fire than earth until maybe his fight with Ozai

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team 2 azula, zuko and iroh are too much azula and zuko can beat aang ith mid diff even with his greatest feats. iroh vs tenzin while close would go to iroh imo the guy is on ozai level while tenzin is great and has good feats i just go with iroh by an edge. but team 2 take with mid diff not more than that

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993: to be fair, Ozai level doesn't mean much considering Ozai's lack of feats without the Comet. I think a bloodlusted Aang would give Azula and Zuko more than mid difficulty

FirelordxMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodlusted firebenders... Its over. Firebenders tend to hold back and attack in small blast. When they let loose the unleash oblivion! Like Mako isn't even in the same league as Iroh or Zuko and he was shooting missiles at Amon and at the Water military base.

FirelordxMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Ozai was said to be greatest firebender by creators sooooooo.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GXrevolution96

@firelordxmako said:

Bloodlusted firebenders... Its over. Firebenders tend to hold back and attack in small blast. When they let loose the unleash oblivion! Like Mako isn't even in the same league as Iroh or Zuko and he was shooting missiles at Amon and at the Water military base.

When have the fire benders held back their blasts? Do you have any examples?

Mako may not be in Ozai league, but he is certainly in Zuko's, and has the feats to back up.

FirelordxMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FirelordxMako

@gxrevolution96: Held back I mean smaller than what they could use. Mako is slightly below book 3 Zuko though. Azula is good example, when she started going crazy her fire became more wild and vicious compared to her sane.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firelordxmako: firebenders' restraint is nothing compared to airbenders, it's not even close

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GXrevolution96
@firelordxmako said:

@gxrevolution96: Held back I mean smaller than what they could use. Mako is slightly below book 3 Zuko though. Azula is good example, when she started going crazy her fire became more wild and vicious compared to her sane.

What puts Mako slight below Zuko, or rather, what puts Zuko above Mako?

Azula's fire output during the comet was consistent throughout.

The only known air bender to show restraint is Aang. Even Tenzin can be fairly aggressive and offensive when fighting.

FirelordxMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: pretty close if you ask me. They have similar moves anyway just fire is hotter. Tenzin could probably use his speed advantage against Iroh,but he still has more power.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firelordxmako: in terms of how they hold back? Not really. Airbenders make it a point to restrain themselves, it's part of the culture

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: to be fair, Aang's one of two air nomads with significant fights, and I think there's a reason we only really saw what Tenzin was capable of when Korra and his family were threatened

FirelordxMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What airbenders have done isn't even that impressive. Aang killed a giant wasp...Toph killed 3 of them. Zaheer stole a old lady's breathe and a almost faint and poisoned Korra. Mako destroyed a 25 story platinum mecha and pretty much solo a Military base with waterbenders and mecha suits.

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: didnt see blood lust but in that case i say a tie because azula loses her edge but i am not so sure still as zuko is also generally better when he is not hot headed. but they are really strong so i am gonna say tie. but without blood lust mid diff imo for siblings.

ozai was said to be the best firebender by the creators but i might be wrong as i saw that many years ago but i think if my memory serves right ozaiand iroh are the ultimate tier of fire bending masters in ATLA. so i give the slight edge to iroh against tenzin who is very impressive no doubt.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993: true, but as far as we know Tenzin's in the samd tier for airbending @firelordxmako:

Seriously? We both know Mako didn't destroy the mech with his own power, and he didn't do anything close to soloing the camp. He wasn't even alone. Toph didn't slice a wasp in half from a considerable distance

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@firelordxmako: in terms of how they hold back? Not really. Airbenders make it a point to restrain themselves, it's part of the culture

Tenzin did not look like he was restraining himself when he was fighting Zaheer. Or his suggestion that they burst right into Unalaq's camp and dispatch everyone. Even Bumi noted that it wasn't air bender like.

FirelordxMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

Mako overloaded the mech with his own power... Aang never sliced the wasp in half, he knocked it down... Mako also destroyed most of the camp himself, Asami flew the plane and Bolin threw bombs on some of the mechs...Rewatch the episode and you will see that Mako was the heavy hitter there.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firelordxmako: yeah, he took advantage of the mech's power source, he didn't blast it and destroy it or anything. Mako couldn't have done half that damage without Asami flying the plane @gxrevolution96: yeah, but those were extreme circumstances, particularly with the Red Lotus.

FirelordxMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: really...Why are you bring the plane into this? Even without it he could've just attacked on foot anyways...just really. I guess Aang couldn't have defeated Ozai without avatar state or destroyed fire navy without ocean spirit too.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I guess Aang couldn't have defeated Ozai without avatar state or destroyed fire navy without ocean spirit too.

Yep pretty much.