Teen Titans (Animated) Vs. Team Avatar

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

The Teen Titans take on Team Avatar in a battle of the teenage cartoon hero teams. Who prevails?

Setting is an island with an ample supply of earth and water for Aang, Katara, and Toph to use. The match-ups are as follows:

Robin Vs. Sokka

Raven Vs. Aang

Starfire Vs. Katara

Beast Boy and Cyborg Vs. Toph and Zuko

Everyone is in character and at their best

Round 1: No Avatar State or Demon Form for Aang and Raven respectively

Round 2: Demon form for Raven is allowed but no Avatar State for Aang

Round 3: Avatar State is allowed

Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Versus

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Round 1- Titans

Reasoning- Starfire might be able to solo here. Flight, starbolts, strength and durability that I think she can take most of what they can do (?). Then you add in everyone else.

Round 2- Titans

Reasoning- Raven solos. This is a mismatch. Drags them to hell, stops time, turns them into animals, telekentically takes control of their bodies, etc.

Round 3- Avatar?

Reasoning- It's not mentioned so I'm assuming Raven is morals on. I think the avatar state could give them the win.

VoraciousSouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VoraciousSouls

Robin stomps Sokka

Aang beats Raven after a decent battle In round one. Round two Raven demon forms and crushes. And round 3 aang should win.

Starfire beats Katara (sorry Katara)

Toph and Zuko definitely beat beast boy and cyborg. It's a stomp if Toph can metal bend cyborg.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irs said:

Round 1- Titans

Reasoning- Starfire might be able to solo here. Flight, starbolts, strength and durability that I think she can take most of what they can do (?). Then you add in everyone else

Aang can fly too and he, Katara, Toph, and Zuko all possess projectile attacks. That said I do agree that the Titans most likely win.

@irs said:

Round 2- Titans

Reasoning- Raven solos. This is a mismatch. Drags them to hell, stops time, turns them into animals, telekentically takes control of their bodies, etc

Remember that Raven is in character along with everyone else. She wouldn't be going for the kill. Of course when you can freeze time what does it matter? Though having said that by "Demon Raven" I meant more when she's a column of shadow with the tendrils and glowing red eyes. Also remember that she did not freeze time willingly, she did it instinctively while being psychologically tormented and pressured by Slade. It's not really a part of Demon Raven's power-set if my memory serves me right. All in all though, the powers her Demon form DOES grant her should be enough. Just not the freezing of time. She also would not "drag them into hell" especially since that's not one of her Demon form's powers either.

@irs said:

Round 3- Avatar?

Reasoning- It's not mentioned so I'm assuming Raven is morals on. I think the avatar state could give them the win.

Possibly. I'd see Avatar State Aang Vs. Demon Raven being pretty devastating and going on for a while.

VoraciousSouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, I thought that each character was fighting in a predetermined match?

If it's just a big team vs team fight then as much as I love avatar the titans should take it because of raven.

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irs said:

Round 1- Titans

Reasoning- Starfire might be able to solo here. Flight, starbolts, strength and durability that I think she can take most of what they can do (?). Then you add in everyone else

Aang can fly too and he, Katara, Toph, and Zuko all possess projectile attacks. That said I do agree that the Titans most likely win.

I bring up the flight thing because Aang is the only one that can fly so the others are reduced to flinging projectiles from the ground at a flying opponent (think trying to shoot down an airplane) which really marginalizes their effectiveness, and Toph is useless against her because she can't even see her. And while they do have ranged attacks do you see a blast of fire or a whip of water or a flying rock hurting someone with Starifre's durability? I'm doubtful they can do enough damage to her to keep her down.

@irs said:

Round 2- Titans

Reasoning- Raven solos. This is a mismatch. Drags them to hell, stops time, turns them into animals, telekentically takes control of their bodies, etc

Remember that Raven is in character along with everyone else. She wouldn't be going for the kill. Of course when you can freeze time what does it matter? Though having said that by "Demon Raven" I meant more when she's a column of shadow with the tendrils and glowing red eyes. Also remember that she did not freeze time willingly, she did it instinctively while being psychologically tormented and pressured by Slade. It's not really a part of Demon Raven's power-set if my memory serves me right. All in all though, the powers her Demon form DOES grant her should be enough. Just not the freezing of time. She also would not "drag them into hell" especially since that's not one of her Demon form's powers either.

Okay, you have to clarify "demon form" because when she goes demon form the evil has taken over and morals are off. Are you saying she has access to demon form powers but has normal morals? And when I said to drag them to hell I was being metaphorical, should've been more descriptive on a battle forum. I meant she'll drag them into the not nice, catatonic nightmare inducing, place like she did with doctor light shown here. The video's not in english but you don't really need to know the language to get what's going on there. She's still able to telekinetically take control of their bodies like she did to Slade in Season 4 and if morals are off then she can bring out the black magic.

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By IRS
@voracioussouls said:

Wait, I thought that each character was fighting in a predetermined match?

If it's just a big team vs team fight then as much as I love avatar the titans should take it because of raven.

Re-read the OP and I think you're right, it looks like he did set up certain matches.

@shroudofsorrow: Was this a group vs group or certain fights? If it's as a group my analysis stands, if it's predetermined matches then I'm going with what @voracioussouls said.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irs: Pre-determined matches to start, but I guess once those battles are over for better or worse anything goes. Also, regarding Demon Raven I am referring to when she gives into her dark side and becomes considerably more powerful but also less moral. But again, her power of freezing time isn't really a part of her Demon form's moveset, though with the arsenal she DOES have it makes little difference in the end. She can just do what she did to Slade. And unlike Slade Team Avatar won't be shrugging it off so easily.

As for the one on ones, I disagree on the matter of Toph and Zuko Vs. Cyborg and BB. If Beast Boy chooses to turn into something sufficiently large it would take a lot on the part of Zuko and Toph to down him or even injure him. As for Cyborg's body, yes it's metal but I seem to remember Toph needing to actually physically interact with the metal she was manipulating, although she did destroy a metal bridge early in Book 3...

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irs: Pre-determined matches to start, but I guess once those battles are over for better or worse anything goes. Also, regarding Demon Raven I am referring to when she gives into her dark side and becomes considerably more powerful but also less moral. But again, her power of freezing time isn't really a part of her Demon form's moveset, though with the arsenal she DOES have it makes little difference in the end. She can just do what she did to Slade. And unlike Slade Team Avatar won't be shrugging it off so easily.

As for the one on ones, I disagree on the matter of Toph and Zuko Vs. Cyborg and BB. If Beast Boy chooses to turn into something sufficiently large it would take a lot on the part of Zuko and Toph to down him or even injure him. As for Cyborg's body, yes it's metal but I seem to remember Toph needing to actually physically interact with the metal she was manipulating, although she did destroy a metal bridge early in Book 3...

It was the round thing that confused me :P. When you said Round 1,2,3 I figured it was team vs team and not three rounds of Raven vs Aang. Was my mistake. For Toph and Zuko Vs. Cyborg and BB, in the first series I think they couldn't quite decide if they wanted metal bending to be touch only or not yet but assuming it's touch only and then I think starting distance is going to be important because if Cyborg has time to squeeze off some shots from the sonic cannon that can really change things. I was assuming he went down to metalbending early and Toph and Zuko could double team beast boy but I guess that's not necessarily the case.

Plus if he picks a flying animal then Toph can't see him.

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...That's it, I'm making a Sokka vs. Beast Boy Joke off thread. Anyway, TT all three rounds I'd say. Save for the Raven and Aang matches I think it'd be a pretty good stomp for TT. Aang and Raven could be a good battle though. Demon Raven I'm pretty sure would stomp but otherwise! lol. I'm still tempted to give it to Raven just because of her experience in mystical matters.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Bump

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robin stomps Soka

Raven should win

Katara bloodbends Starfire for the win

Toph and Zuko IMO stomps.

As a team effort:Depends on who gets the first shot between Raven's powers and Katara's bloodbending

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: A couple problems with your analysis:

1. What are Toph and Zuko going to do to Beast Boy, who can turn into all manner of animals that the two will struggle to put down. As for Cyborg, Toph will not just be able to metalbend him because Toph needed to make physical contact with the metal to control it. That won't happenw with Cyborg.

2. I did say standard morals are on. Ergo, Katara will not just casually use bloodbending, a power she hated using and only used twice, the first time out of desperation to save her friends and the second time when her standard morals were off. Also, you need a full moon to do it and I never said there was a full moon out. So no, Katara will not be using bloodbending here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like Avatar very much, but I'm not seeing how they stand much of a chance here. Once their bending is bypassed, they have average human durability. Starfire should be able to pulp anybody here, even Avatar State Aang. I'm not sure even the 4 elements will be enough to defend him from the fury of a Tamaranian. And by demon form Raven, do you mean White Raven? Because I'm pretty sure she defeated Trigon, albeit with the aid of the Teen Titans (or none at all, might have to refresh my memory on that one.)

I think Avatar characters match up best against others with elemental abilities. If this were something like Avatar vs Aqualad/Terra/Hot Spot/Static, then I might be more inclined to say they have a chance here. But, as it stands, I think the Teen Titans take the win here.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: Excellent analysis. But no, I was not referring to White Raven. I was referring to this:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheComicPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheComicPro

@reaverlation: A couple problems with your analysis:

1. What are Toph and Zuko going to do to Beast Boy, who can turn into all manner of animals that the two will struggle to put down. As for Cyborg, Toph will not just be able to metalbend him because Toph needed to make physical contact with the metal to control it. That won't happenw with Cyborg.

2. I did say standard morals are on. Ergo, Katara will not just casually use bloodbending, a power she hated using and only used twice, the first time out of desperation to save her friends and the second time when her standard morals were off. Also, you need a full moon to do it and I never said there was a full moon out. So no, Katara will not be using bloodbending here.

Use earth or metal bending to pin him down(metal bending depending on the location) and roast him alive. As for Cyborg bury him under ground then while he is underground crush him.

No you don't need a full moon Katara has done it without a full moon(IIRC we didn't see full moon when she tried to take down the souther raiders commander) and so has Amon....etc

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecomicpro: Amon and his family were explicitly stated as being exceptions to the rule. Outside of that no, a full moon is required. Katara is not using bloodbending because it not possible to do without a full moon with the exceptions (again exceptions) of Yakone's family. Katara is not one of those exceptions.

As for Toph and Zuko vs. BB and Cyborg, Cyborg has the strength and weaponry to keep from being defeated by a little rubble, and also the durability to withstand their abuse. Toph is not metalbending him unless she can make physical contact with him (which will never happen). As for BB, if he turns into a flying animal, they'll be hard-pressed to shoot him down, and Toph won't even be able to because if he's in the air she will be unable to see him. Toph will also not be using any other metalbending here because I describe the location as being an island with earth and water, but no metal. So there will be no metalbending either.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Beast Boy is clumsy and not always choosing the right animals all the time and forgets to do so.Toph can easily flip the ground or cave it and send either of them or both deep underground.Zuko can burn Beast Boy alive so Beast Boy won't be much help. Toph can stop Cyborg in his tracks seeing how his feet are on Earth and Toph can easily bring him down and approach Cyborg as she can use the ground to shift her forward fast and go in physical/metalbend with him

Between Starfire and Katara,Starfire jobs in the show so she's hard to gauge and Katara can hurt her(water whips can slice and cut steel)or slow her down by having the surrounding water devour her and freezing it so she doesn't move but I still see Starfire being troublesome

TheComicPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheComicPro

@shroudofsorrow said:

@thecomicpro: Amon and his family were explicitly stated as being exceptions to the rule. Outside of that no, a full moon is required. Katara is not using bloodbending because it not possible to do without a full moon with the exceptions (again exceptions) of Yakone's family. Katara is not one of those exceptions.

As for Toph and Zuko vs. BB and Cyborg, Cyborg has the strength and weaponry to keep from being defeated by a little rubble, and also the durability to withstand their abuse. Toph is not metalbending him unless she can make physical contact with him (which will never happen). As for BB, if he turns into a flying animal, they'll be hard-pressed to shoot him down, and Toph won't even be able to because if he's in the air she will be unable to see him. Toph will also not be using any other metalbending here because I describe the location as being an island with earth and water, but no metal. So there will be no metalbending either.

Like I said it that episode it wasn't clear if there was full moon our not I know it won't be fair to say there isn't but we can't rule out the possibility.I doubt he has the durability to survive tons of force in all directions. BB is not smart enough to turn into a flying animal he won't know about Toph's seismic sense by the time he realises he would be roasted.

The only fight here is Team Avatar vs Raven (third round) because the other ones I say team Avatar win overall

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecomicpro: No, it IS safe to assume that there was a full moon out. Otherwise it would contradict what had already been firmly established earlier on. So no, there will be no bloodbending here.

What proof do you have that BB is "not smart enough" to take a form that will clearly give him an edge against opponents who rely on projectile based attacks. If someone was shooting at me and I could turn into any animal I'd turn into one that I could use to dodge the shots. It's just common sense.

How is Toph going to hit him with several tons of force in all directions? She's just one person. She'll only be able to attack him from a single direction, which won't be enough.

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robin> Sokka

Raven in demon or White Raven form>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (I can keep going on and on)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Avatar State Aang, and even that's not enough justice for Raven.

Starfire>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything that Katara can dish out

Beast Boy and Cyborg> marginally than Toph and Zuko. Cyborg has great durability, and Beast Boy could easily turn into an elephant or cougar or leopard, something fast and agile enough to deliver a lethal attack.

Beast Boy and Cyborg against Toph and Zuko is a close fight, but having Raven AND Starfire on this team makes this a very one sided mismatch.

Raven or Starfire could casually wreck Team Avatar solo. Only one of them would even be needed to secure the win against Team Avatar. Adding both of them makes this "fight" even more of a one sided mismatched joke.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titans stomp

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

TT

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TT wins low dif IC.

Bloodlusted Raven solos. Starfire solos. Vic could maybe solo. Round 2 Raven godstomps. Demon form is way better than AS which Aang doesn't even have round 2 to hold her off for a bit.

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven solos everyone here she has a soul self , and will rip them with tp.

matbezlima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In The comics, Toph does not require touch to metalbend at all, she now bends metal easily from a great distance and has already many great feats with it.

Anyway, this battle was done in a crossover fanfiction that I casually found once, even tough the fight was without Raven and Cyborg. Below, I paste the fight.

"Katara went over to him and said "I know but your still recovering from your injuries. Speaking of which you better get some rest." She began to guide him to his room, when a bright light shone over the ship. The group turned to see a small portal open up and three people fell out of it. A green elf type person fell on his butt, a masked boy wearing a ridiculous costume, and a girl with blazing hair and orange skin. The masked boy caught the girl before she hit the floor.

"Thank you Robin." the girl said to the masked boy. He smiled and nodded, obviously glad she was alright.

"Uh Robin where are we and where is Cy and Raven?" the green one asked looking around the ship.

"I don't know." he turned just in time to see a boulder coming toward him! He quickly jumped up and dodged then shouted to Beast Boy "Watch out!"

Beast Boy dodged too. Robin turned to see a girl in a weird stance. He also saw a guy with a ponytail holding a boomerang over his head, a girl whose arms were surrounded with water, and a boy with an arrow on his forehead with a staff in his hand.

"Who are you?" the Katara demanded.

"Uh hi?" Robin said unsure of what to do. Unfortunately being the curious girl she was Starfire flew over to Katara and said

"Hello! I am Starfire and might I ask how you can control water like that. My friend Aqualad controls water too but not like you."

Aang immediately threw a gust of mind at Starfire sending her back in Robin's arms. "Stay away from her." he growled wincing a bit as he did that gust sent a sharp pain through his arm.

"Whoa you ok Star?" Robin asked. Star nodded but looked wearily at Aang unsure of what she did wrong. Katara dropped her water and went over to Aang trying to help him.

"Who are you?" Sokka asked this time raising his boomerang a little higher.

"Look we don't want to cause trouble." Robin tried to explain.

"Well too late you got trouble." Toph shouted raising a boulder tempted to chuck it at Robin. Beast Boy's eyes widened "Dude! She can control the Earth!" he shouted

"Well duh I am an Earth bender." Toph stated matter-of-factly.

"A what?" Robin asked. Toph dropped the boulder and busted out laughing. "You don't know what an earth bender is hahahahaha that's rich." Robin was a little miffed at Toph, he didn't like being laughed at.

"Look, I'm Robin, this is Beast Boy, and Starfire." He said gesturing to the green boy and the girl. "We don't want to hurt anyone."

"Ha, yeah like you could hurt us." Katara shouted at him. Then she sent ice spears toward Robin. He jumped out of the way

"Guess we have no choice; Titans GO!" he shouted and threw freeze disks at Katara. Aang quickly sucked in air and shoot it out causing the disks to fly back at Robin. Katara and Aang didn't know what those were but they didn't want to find out. Katara, after a few minutes of arguing, put Aang back in his hiding place, and then went out to help her friends.

Starfire took off on the air she could hear the gasps of everyone below. The crew below couldn't believe it she was FLYING! Starfire then summoned her star bolts causing more gasps from everyone. Nobody knew what kind of bender she was but she was a powerful fighter. Katara dealt with Starfire attempting to bring her back down with her water whip. Star kept dodging and sent a storm of star bolts her way. Katara fell to the ground when one star bolt hit her in the leg and another in her arm.

Sokka couldn't even hit Beast Boy once. He was to shocked to see him turn into creatures he's never seen before.

(Author's Note: Remember in the Avatar world it's usually a cross between two or three animals).

Beast Boy turned into a hummingbird to evade Sokka's attacks, then went and took down Hakoda and Bato in no time as a gorilla, now he was working on Pipsqueak and The Duke. He turned into a bull a knocked them out. Beast Boy turned back to normal and was hit in the head from a boomerang. Sokka charged at Beast Boy but he just transformed into a lion and pinned Sokka down.

Robin was dodging boulders left and right trying to knock the blind girl off her feet. Toph then grabbed the floor (using her metal bending ability) and shook it. Robin began to lose balance but Starfire grabbed Robin spun him around and threw him at Toph. Since Toph couldn't see him coming she was knocked down. Robin took out a freeze disk and froze her arms and feat down.

He then walked over to Katara and asked "Now will you listen to us?" She scowled but nodded knowing they were defeated.

"… and that's how we ended up on your ship." Robin finished. The Titans and the Gaang were in the dining hall. Robin looked around the table to see opened mouths and wide eyes."

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/9524167/1/Avatar-Titan-Volume-I-Fire-Nation-Showdown

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cocacolaman  Moderator  Online

Bump

DoTheTwist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sokka stomps. Boomerang too beastly by EoS

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

DoTheTwist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8 said:

@dothetwist_: what do you really think of this battle ?

Without Ravens inconsistent time powers, this team is too much; AS makes it a stomp

RobertMiles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they all die bc they all suck

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titans stomp hard.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy2010: yep and also there are other team that stomp team avatar as well since their weak even with aang in avatar state

Asurakj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titans very easily especially Raven and Starfire