#52 Posted by Ouroborik (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#53 Edited by blackpantherisb (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

Beerus

“Anyone stronger than the god of destruction does not exist.”
“Anyone stronger than the god of destruction does not exist.”

Bio

"Beerus is feared by many throughout the universe, including the Gods of Creation/Kais, Frieza, and even Shenron. He usually sleeps for many years and when he awakens he destroys. Since he does not act on orders received from the Supreme Kai's, he would destroy seemingly any world without a second thought. It's implied he also destroys more than what is needed since Toriyama said when the world's balance begins to crumble, the 4 regular Kai's have to help out the Supreme Kais in creation as well. Once every 1,000 years, the Supreme Kais and Gods of Destruction go to each other's realms and hold a coordination meeting. During one of these meetings, Beerus sealed away old Kai in the Z Sword after an argument took place among them.

Beerus at one time mentioned that he came to Earth before and rendered the Dinosaurs extinct since they did not like him. Some 39 years before the events of Battle of Gods, the Prophecy Fish foretold that a strong opponent would appear before him, which was the Super Saiyan God. Beerus recalls having a dream where he fought a Super Saiyan God and that's when he approached the Prophecy Fish about the situation. This sparks a visit to King Kai's place to meet Goku and see if he knew who the Super Saiyan God was. After defeating Goku in his Super Saiyan 3 form and the other Z Fighters on Earth, Goku returns to summon Shenron and ask him about the legend of Saiyan God. Once the ritual of making the Super Saiyan God was complete, Goku fought somewhat evenly with Beerus and later absorbs the godly transformation's powers into himself. Goku struggled to hold back Beerus energy sphere in space and after transforming into the Super Saiyan God again, Goku erases the energy ball from existence."

-https://comicvine.gamespot.com/beerus/4005-105758/

Strength

Both are without doubt massive badasses/powerhouses, and are certainly physical contenders, though overall in the strength/striking category I have to give a slight edge to Beerus due to his slightly more consistent showings in this category. Though it certainly is a close category between the two. Now let me start out by displaying what Beerus can do to Herald/Superman-tier enemies casually:

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods

With an obviously highly casual karate chop to the neck, Beerus instantaneously one-shots a Super Sayain 3 (SSJ 3) Goku. And Beerus has actually one-shotted SSJ 3 Goku with similar ease on multiple different occasions, just look at what happened when the two fought in Dragon Ball Super:

Dragon Ball Super #105 - Decisive Battle on Kaiō's Planet! Goku vs. God of Destruction Beerus
Dragon Ball Super #105 - Decisive Battle on Kaiō's Planet! Goku vs. God of Destruction Beerus

With a literal flick and more or less a pat on the damn back Beerus brutalizes SSJ 3 Goku yet again, casually KOing him. And SSJ 3 Goku's durability should be pretty insane given the fact that he could trade massively powerful blows with Kid Buu:

Dragon Ball Z Kai #159 - Do Your Best, Kakarot! You Are No. 1!!

Here, in the Supreme Kai's realm, Goku and Kid Buu trade blows that produce massive, moon sized+ shockwaves. I mean just look at the first pink shockwave that occurs, it's just as big as the moon of the planet which is probably bigger than our moon given the fact that it's much larger in comparison to its parent planet compared to our moon:

No Caption Provided

As you can see the shadow of the moon orbiting the Supreme Kai's planet takes up a much more substantial portion of the Supreme Kai's planet than the shadow of our moon does on the Earth. So it is very likely that that moon is larger than ours. Also as you can see the pink shockwave is actually slightly larger than the moon, and it actually significantly larger than the moon when you consider the fact that the moon is closer from our perspective than the shockwave, meaning that the moon would appear larger compared to the shockwave than if they were an equal distance from our perspective. So pretty much Goku was comfortable trading blows that created moon level+ shockwaves, yet Beerus effortlessly one-shotted him.

I can also display a completely, 100% quantifiable instance of Beerus' planet busting physicals that doesn't rely on any scaling whatsoever (even though the scaling about is both consistent and logical) and the God of Destruction performed this feat with incredible ease as well:

Dragon Ball Super #101 - The World Peace Prize. Who's Getting the 100 Million Zeni?!
Dragon Ball Super #101 - The World Peace Prize. Who's Getting the 100 Million Zeni?!

With just a finger tap, that's right only a literal tap of his finger, Beerus destroys a planet. Calling this casual planet busting is almost lowballing the feat. While Thanos obviously has multi-planetary physicals I just really can't picture him busting a planet with such incredible ease. Now moving on to what happens when Beerus starts fighting somewhat seriously:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Dragon Ball Super Chapter #6: Tournament Preparation

As you can clearly see Beerus and Champa engage in an FTL battle across multiple planets, busting them all very quickly as just a side-effect of their fight. I'm aware that Thanos has similar feats like when he fought Thane or when he fought classic Drax, but what's so impressive about these is the sheer number of planets that they destroyed and how quickly they did so, which is what makes this feat pretty insane.

This should suffice for now in terms of strength, I think I've solidly established that Beerus can comfortably contend with the Mad Titan and damage Thanos with his blows. Moving on to the next category, durability.

Durability

Beerus' durability is pretty insane, and will definitely be hard for Thanos to overcome. This God of Destruction is highly resistant to both blunt force trauma and energy projection. I'll start out on his low-end by showing how he handles planetary explosions:

Dragon Ball Super Chapter #1: The God of Destruction's Prophetic Dream
Dragon Ball Super Chapter #1: The God of Destruction's Prophetic Dream

After detonating a planet Beerus is hit by the force of the explosion of the celestial body at point-blank range, and he completely and utterly disregards it. He hardly even seems to notice the blast at all. This already speaks to a very high level of durability, but it's Beerus's absolute lowest end.

After eating an entire chunk of Wasabi (for the first time ever) Beerus is overwhelmed by the spice and proceeds to fly through seven planets in the span of about a second, destroying them all, as well as no-selling the impact that destroyed the planets as well as their explosions, he wasn't even slowed down. Being able to tank that many planetary explosions in such a short timeframe is an outright insane feat, and Thanos will have a hard time putting out that energy power in such a similar amount of time.

I already showed this feat in the strength section, but it doubles as a highly impressive durability feat for Beerus as well. Champa and Beerus trade blows and bounce from planet to planet at FTL speeds, destroying every planet they come into contact with and no-selling the subsequent explosion. Again whilst Thanos can destroy planets as a byproduct of fighting he has never destroyed this many in such short order, so it's safe to say that Thanos will struggle immensely to do heavy damage to Beerus.

This should be enough for the time being, clearly, Beerus has massively multi-planetary durability, and I haven't even broken into his more impressive feats yet, which I'll save for my later posts, though these should serve as a solid baseline for his power level.

Energy Projection

This is another category where I am fairly certain that Beerus holds a solid advantage. Thanos undeniably has immensely powerful energy blasts, but Beerus' are really just more quantifiably impressive:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
Dragon Ball Super #102 - To the Promised Vacation! Vegeta Goes on a Family Trip? & Dragon Ball Super Chapter #1: The God of Destruction's Prophetic Dream

In both the manga and the anime it is made very clear from the very beginning that Beerus can planet bust with absolutely zero difficulties and by only using a small fraction of his power. But of course planet busting for Beerus is actually ludicrously easy, to the point where he can destroy worlds by accident:

Dragon Ball Super #120 - A Warning From Jaco! Freeza and 1,000 Soldiers are Fast Approaching!
Dragon Ball Super #120 - A Warning From Jaco! Freeza and 1,000 Soldiers are Fast Approaching!

After a butterfly lands on Beerus' nose and sprinkles some dust into his nostrils Beerus sneezes, but in Silver Age Superman style this is no regular sneeze, Beerus sneezes out a powerful purple ball of energy, with a similar appearance to an atom, this ball that moves at FTL speeds and collides with a planet, instantly destroying the world. But obviously, planetary blasts will do next to nothing against of being of Thanos' caliber, so let me kick it up a notch:

Dragon Ball Super #111 - Let's Keep Going Lord Beerus! The Battle of Gods Continues!

As you can see Beerus can create hundreds, potentially even thousands (I mean just look at how many are coming at Goku in the second GIF) of those same purple, atom resembling, FTL, planet busting blasts. Overall I just can't see Thanos tanking that many planet busting attacks at once without sustaining heavy damage, and the Mad Titan certainly won't be able to react to them since we saw those same blasts cover inter-planetary distances in about a second, making them solidly FTL. And Beerus doesn't need to spam multiple blasts to reach power output well above planetary:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ Chapter #2

After being woken up by Goku and Vegeta Beerus fires off an enormously powerful blast, Goku and Vegeta barely dodge this and instead of obliterating the Saiyans (Goku himself admitted that the blast would've instantly killed them) it hits a distant star, instantly destroying it. Whis then recounts a similar time when Beerus destroyed two suns.

Suffice it to say Beerus is a very casual star buster who can obliterate entire suns with singular blasts and minimal difficulty. Granted Thanos can certainly tank blasts of this caliber, but they will certainly do damage, and with enough of them, Beerus will put the Mad Titan down.

Speed

This is the real reason why Beerus wins handily. He and Thanos are just several tiers apart in this department, and Beerus uses his speed very effectively, so the Mad Titan really won't be landing any blows in this fight, and he will be getting the living sh*t blitzed out of him.

Here Beerus blitzes behind SSJ 3 Goku, who can barely react to him, then before Goku can even turn around Beerus karate chops him in the neck, instantly KOing him. Keep in mind that not only to Goku more or less fail to react to Beerus, but we also see that Goku is moving in super slow motion when Beerus is moving regularly. This should make the discrepancy in their speed fairly obvious. Beerus>>>>SSJ 3 Goku in speed. And SSJ 3 Goku from the Anime had some highly impressive speed feats:

Goku and Kid Buu are seen fighting across the planet at ridiculously high speeds, with shockwaves from their clash appearing all over the planet every second. This speaks to at least relativistic combat speed for SSJ 3 Goku, yet Beerus was shown to be massively faster than him.

Dragon Ball Super Chapter #2: Goku's Defeat

As you can see not only is anime Beerus able to completely humiliate anime Goku but manga Beerus is also massively above manga Goku in speed. After SSJ 3 continuously fails to tag Beerus in combat, and after Goku admits the SSJ 3 is the highest form he can achieve Beerus instantly blitzes and oneshots him, before Goku and react or do anything. And Goku in the Manga is crazy fast:

Dragon Ball Chapter #307: The Ultimate Battle Begins

Here Goku, before even going Super Saiyan easily reacts to and deflects all of Frieza's paralyzing light death beams with one hand. And this is extremely impressive since, according to a canon databook, that was even translated into Spanish by Shueisha (the company that publishes Dragon Ball) these are actually beams of light:

El manga Legendario: Dragon Ball
El manga Legendario: Dragon Ball

Sorry if it's hard to read (it's also in Spanish) but it says this: "Este haz de luz emitidopor sus dedosque tan rapidoquenadiepudoverio." Now, this essentially means that Frieza's death beams are beams of light. Don't believe me? Google translate fully backs up my translation:

https://translate.google.com/
https://translate.google.com/

So more or less Goku could casually react to multiple beams of light even before he went Super Saiyan, meanwhile Beerus is able to blitz-stomp SSJ 3 Goku who is massively faster than SSJ 1 Goku, let alone Pre-Super Sayain Goku (I can provide proof if necessary but I'm fairly certain you know that SSJ 3 Goku is far faster than SSJ 1 Goku).

So anyway Beerus can casually blitz characters who are far faster than Thanos, but the God of Destruction also has a number of impressive speed feats of his own, take for example this fight with Champa:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

This entire fight essentially serves as a display of Beerus and Champa's FTL combat and reaction speeds. The fight starts off with Champa shooting multiple blasts at Beerus which follow him across interplanetary distances at FTL speeds. Beerus then swats the blasts away and dodges an FTL planet busting blitz from Champa. The two then bounce from planet to planet at FTL+, potentially MFTL speeds, destroying every planet that they come into contact with.

Thanos doesn't have reaction of combat speeds that are even close to this level, and it's not as if Beerus often gets tagged by slower characters, all that the guy does it abuse his speed advantage:

Now I've solidly established that Beerus has an enormous speed advantage over Thanos, even being able to outright statue Goku (who is also vastly superior to Thanos in speed), but how well does Beerus apply this speed? Well, he honestly loves to speed blitz and dodge attacks, which means big trouble for Thanos:

Dragon Ball Super #106 - Don’t Anger the God of Destruction! A Tense Birthday Party
Dragon Ball Super #106 - Don’t Anger the God of Destruction! A Tense Birthday Party

As you can see Beerus effortlessly dodges dozens-hundreds of attacks from Android 18, Tien, and Piccolo, from multiple angles, for an extensive period of time, without getting tagged a single time throughout the whole process. Obviously, he will do the same to Thanos when the Mad Titan attempts to land blows on the God of Destruction (there are many other instances of Beerus applying his speed in the same manner, but this should suffice for now). Clearly, Beerus loves to dodge attacks, but does he speed blitz?

Dragon Ball Super #107 - How Dare You Hit My Bulma! Vegeta’s Furious Transformation?!
Dragon Ball Super #107 - How Dare You Hit My Bulma! Vegeta’s Furious Transformation?!

As you can clearly see Beerus also enjoys himself a good speed blitz. When he and Vegeta come to blows Beerus casually dispatches him, blitzing the Saiyan Prince and prevents Vegeta from even landing a single blow (again there are plenty of other instances of him doing this in character, but I think this gives you the idea). Beerus will certainly do this against Thanos as well, especially considering the fact that Vegeta is significantly faster than the Titan of Death.

Not only is Beerus massively faster than Thanos since he can fight at FTL-MFTL speeds casually and statue characters who have lightspeed+ reactions, but he also loves to use his speed in combat, using this speed he will dodge pretty much anything Thanos throws at him, as well as blitz Ballsack chin silly.

Conclusion

My conclusion won't be too long for this post since we haven't really gotten into the meat of the debate yet, but from where I stand now I just can't see Thanos beating Beerus. Whilst strength, durability, and energy projection are all fairly matched between the two, I believe that Beerus hold a solid advantage in each of those categories. He has massively multi-planetary strength, durability, and energy projection, which should certainly be enough to match whatever Thanos puts out. But the God of Destruction's main advantage comes from his speed. He simply outclasses Thanos by an enormous margin here, Thanos is massively hypersonic at best, and Beerus is solidly MFTL. Not only does Beerus hold a massive speed advantage, but he also applies this speed very liberally, and he will dodge anything that the Mad Titan throws at him, as well as blitz Thanos into oblivion.

#54 Posted by blackpantherisb (7259 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by emperorthanos- (16575 posts) - - Show Bio

t4v

#56 Posted by Lordragoon (152 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V. Good opening for Beerus.

#57 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#58 Edited by Cull_Obsidian (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: Great opener, quick question, are we using composite Beerus then? As it's feats from manga, kai, films and anime?

Also will start working on the post shouldn't be too long

#59 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

This won't be easy for me, but I expect it will be a great debate

#61 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8233 posts) - - Show Bio

Good stuff.

#62 Posted by Wrathofthebrad (923 posts) - - Show Bio

tag 4 vote please

#63 Posted by blackpantherisb (7259 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3999 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

@goku_wins: Refrain from voicing opinions until after the CAV, thanks

#66 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3999 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Edited by TheDeathstar (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

The title doesn't seem right. No offense but Beerus isn't mere Teambuster, he has got everything to be called a Skyfather even physically speaking. Such mismatch CaV if you ask me. It's like putting SSJ Vegito against Beerus and since it's a CaV should supposedly be debatable. But there's always debate so I respect that. Don't tag me on this one.

#68 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3999 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by TheDeathstar (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian: Don't worry I am not planning to make sides here, my last comment. Just stating the obvious.

#70 Posted by i_like_swords (26231 posts) - - Show Bio

Whenever people even mention planetary feats in relation to Beerus it just reminds me of that time Frieza, after being beaten to exhaustion and cut in half, no-sold the explosion of Namek point blank.

Anyway, T4V, I'm intrigued to see how Thanos does against 1% Beerus.

#71 Edited by Nucleon (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

These mangas look like they were created, scenarized, drawn and animated by angry 12-y olds, no offenses.

I can't - I just can't. Too cartoonish for me. I won't vote. Sorry.

It's got nothing to do with your efforts; Good luck to you both. =)

#72 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: hey man hope you dont mind a potential long wait as i have a post from a previous CAV to do, this wont be forgotten

#73 Posted by blackpantherisb (7259 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by blackpantherisb (7259 posts) - - Show Bio
#75 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: sorry for the wait, still doibg the other one, it will be done tho

#76 Edited by Gaoron (8965 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#77 Posted by Aqualion0 (2106 posts) - - Show Bio

Dragon Ball wank is real.

#78 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3999 posts) - - Show Bio
#79 Posted by Aqualion0 (2106 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

@aqualion0: ah lol, well i hope to make this a great battle, could you please leace comments until the voting section :)