Dark Phoenix

No Caption Provided

Vs.

The Fourth Celestial Host

No Caption Provided

Exitar the Exterminator

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Team will fight the Fourth Host first. If team wins against FH, all characters dead or K.O.'d will be revived and fully healed, then battle Exitar.
  • Takes place on Asgard
  • Odin is amped by all the Asgardians life force except for Thor, and has the Odinsword
  • Galactus is at standard power (well fed)
  • Tyrant is fully powered (Galactus level)
  • Surtur has the Twilight Sword
  • All are bloodlusted
  • No prep
  • Win by death or K.O., no BFR
cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cosmic_reign

Celestials, NO CONTEST!

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 takenstew22  Moderator
Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for eternalcelestial
EternalCelestial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a really cool battle, but the Celestial would take it.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd favor Celestials 6/10 but the team could definite eek out some wins IMO.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team. KT's power alone rivals Celestials' as he one shotted a Destroyer amped by a Odin level being and power of Several Gods.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think the Team stands a pretty good chance.

Odin can definitely defeat a single Celestial, maybe even two. As far as I remember he managed to cut off the arm of one of them but was overwhelmed by their numbers and combined power.

Galactus can also defeat a single Celestial easily, almost definitely two.

Full Power Tyrant, being Galactus' near equal will also wipe the floor with a single Celestial, and can give a second one a fight.

Rune King Thor I'm not sure, as I've never actually read his appearances. In fact, if anyone could clarify to me what exactly are the story arcs where Thor acquires Skyfather powers and becomes King Thor, Rune King Thor, Old King Thor, etc, I would be really glad.

But assuming RKT is at least a few steps above Odin but slightly below Galactus, he is probably about equal to a single Celestial.

Surtur with the Twilight Sword is supposedly above Odin. That still isn't enough to match a Celestial, but Surtur and Dormammu together are probably equal to a single Celestial.

In-Betweener is powerful enough to give Galactus a fight, so he could probably hold off a single Celestial as well.

So we have 10 Celestials total.

Galactus takes two. Tyrant takes two. Odin takes one for sure and can hold off a second one. RKThor takes one. Dormammu and Surtur take one. In-Betweener takes one.

That's 9 Celestials take can 100% be dealt with by the team, leaving one wild card.

Assuming RKThor can actually take on two Celestials, things are perfectly bablanced and the Team wins.

Assuming RKThor, Surtur, Dormammu and the In-Betweener aren't that good and will get beaten by their matches, the Celestials win.

So my final vote is a 5/10 chance for both teams.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Team for a slight majority.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 takenstew22  Moderator

People seem to be forgetting that Exitar is more powerful than the entire fourth host combined.

I updated the rules.

@takenstew22 said:

• Team will fight the Fourth Host first, then battle Exitar. If team wins against the FH, all characters K.O.'d or still standing will be fully healed. However, those who were killed cannot be revived.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 takenstew22  Moderator

It's nice to see that people think the battle is pretty even though, thanks guys.

KingFrieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus beat nameless celestials, not named ones. He's not beating a fourth host celestial without eating a few planets first. The rest fare no better, they get wiped.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d59ee082aecf
deactivated-5d59ee082aecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'd give slight edge to team granted I'm not to knowledgeable about exitar

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 takenstew22  Moderator

@y3kthunder: I'll give you some knowledge because I'm nice. :)

Tanks this from Thor:

No Caption Provided

And this:

No Caption Provided

Stated that the size and power of Fourth Host "are as nothing" compared to him:

No Caption Provided
SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Celestials edge

Avatar image for deactivated-5d59ee082aecf
deactivated-5d59ee082aecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: oh snap thanks for the scans I don't know I might have to give it a slight edge the other way I think the team could take the fourth host but them trying to take down some one who is all of them combined plus some, will probably be to much

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 takenstew22  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5cef1a02a31b9
deactivated-5cef1a02a31b9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca94ac6d594d
deactivated-5ca94ac6d594d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Celestials.

On a side note, I find hilarious that people think Galactus can take one Celestial, but Dormammu can't...Even despite Waid's interview regarding their future fusion/alliance. I'll laugh so much if Strange does indeed manage to beat or give a fed World Devourer a run for his money in the next issue, and yes, they're actually going to fight in Strange's solo series.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 takenstew22  Moderator

@infinity_queen: Galactus is kind of overrated imo. The Celestials are more interesting to me.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By ProfessorRespect

I would say Celestials. If one of the team falls, it turns to a 2 v 1 matchup, which frankly, no one is getting through. Odin cut the arm off a single unknown Celestial (with the Twilight Sword, which he doesn't have here) but he was easily overpowered regardless.

Full Power Tyrant has one feat and isn't amazing feat wise.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 takenstew22  Moderator

@diarrhearegatta: That was actually the Odinsword (which he does have here, it's on the sheath of the Destroyer armor), not the Twilight Sword. Other than that you are correct.

Avatar image for avengersasssemb
AvengersAsssemb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin was able to hold his own for a while all by himself. But sadly, everybody else on his team is probably less power than he was during his altercation with the Celestials: Who at the time, were individually more powerful than Galactus. Standard Galactus-level power isn't enough to contend with the Celestials.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 takenstew22  Moderator

By standard Galactus I meant well fed. I'll just add that in the rules I guess.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

galactus in betweener and tyrant are the threats here the others would have to team up to hang with one while these guys probably win it by themselves

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cosmic_reign

@infinity_queen said:

Celestials.

On a side note, I find hilarious that people think Galactus can take one Celestial, but Dormammu can't...Even despite Waid's interview regarding their future fusion/alliance. I'll laugh so much if Strange does indeed manage to beat or give a fed World Devourer a run for his money in the next issue, and yes, they're actually going to fight in Strange's solo series.

No he can't...

Pretty sure Strange will give G a run for his money... I mean, he is amping himself specifically for this confrontation, and he'll likely be fighting a "mystical" charged Galactus. So yeah, Strange should compete here.

OT

Celestials ftw

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd favor Celestials 6/10 but the team could definite eek out some wins IMO.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space gods with a lot of losses

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca94ac6d594d
deactivated-5ca94ac6d594d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_reign said:

No he can't...

Pretty sure Strange will give G a run for his money... I mean, he is amping himself specifically for this confrontation, and he'll likely be fighting a "mystical" charged Galactus. So yeah, Strange should compete here.

OT

Celestials ftw

There at least two reliable statements of him being able to, which funnily enough, are even backed up by an official guidebook(Marvel- Absolutely Everything You Need To Know). So yes, in theory, Dormammu can. That's not my point regardless, I said it's hilarious how users seem to think a standard Galactus and characters who scale to him can take even up to two Celestials while at the same thinking the Dread One can't even stack up to one, even though this current arc in Strange's solo series and Waid's very words in his most recent interview should most likely shred that notion. It has little to do with the Celestials themselves and more to do with Galactus/Dormammu.

That's once again, not my point, but rather how their future fight might serve as a scale against a lot of characters in the future and some of them mystical-related like a few here. As for your point about "Strange specifically amping himself for this encounter", Galactus will most likely struggle against Strange who's actually amped by no more than three, self-made, artifacts with its purposes very clear by the narration:

No Caption Provided

Artifacts created in a short period of time, nonetheless. These aren't things Strange kept weeks collecting or searching in the deepest parts of the mystical realms or even items directly from godlike beings, no, these are items Stephen quickly created by himself in a forge that's not completely familiar to him and whose effects are explicitly stated to be protecting him against poisons or/and giving him limitless stamina(Not magic). Unless eating from mystical realms made Galan more susceptible to magic overall or that Battleaxe carries a super-hidden power/ability, I'm somewhat baffled how users seem to be taking that fight as a lightly showing for Strange so soon.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cosmic_reign

@infinity_queen said:

There at least two reliable statements of him being able to, which funnily enough, are even backed up by an official guidebook(Marvel- Absolutely Everything You Need To Know). So yes, in theory, Dormammu can. That's not my point regardless, I said it's hilarious how users seem to think a standard Galactus and characters who scale to him can take even up to two Celestials while at the same thinking the Dread One can't even stack up to one, even though this current arc in Strange's solo series and Waid's very words in his most recent interview should most likely shred that notion. It has little to do with the Celestials themselves and more to do with Galactus/Dormammu.

That's once again, not my point, but rather how their future fight might serve as a scale against a lot of characters in the future and some of them mystical-related like a few here. As for your point about "Strange specifically amping himself for this encounter", Galactus will most likely struggle against Strange who's actually amped by no more than three, self-made, artifacts with its purposes very clear by the narration:

No Caption Provided

Artifacts created in a short period of time, nonetheless. These aren't things Strange kept weeks collecting or searching in the deepest parts of the mystical realms or even items directly from godlike beings, no, these are items Stephen quickly created by himself in a forge that's not completely familiar to him and whose effects are explicitly stated to be protecting him against poisons or/and giving him limitless stamina(Not magic). Unless eating from mystical realms made Galan more susceptible to magic overall or that Battleaxe carries a super-hidden power/ability, I'm somewhat baffled how users seem to be taking that fight so lightly as a showing for Strange so soon.

Same!

I personally wouldn't downplay any amps that Strange comes up with. With knowledge, amps and any prep time, Strange should compete. I agree we don't know how Galactus will react once(if) he absorb mystical energies--(very well be the plot device needed for Strange to have a chance) IMO.

OT

Still Celestials, NO CONTEST!

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 takenstew22  Moderator

Bump.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Celestials win rather handily. They have numbers advantage (9 to 7), and Surtur is kinda weak link. Inbetweener goes down quickly as well. It will turn into 9v5, then Odin gets ganged up and stomped, leaving Galactus and co to deal with atleast two each. Eventually celestials overwhelm

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 takenstew22  Moderator

Bump. Also changed the first rule a bit.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 takenstew22  Moderator

Bump.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 takenstew22  Moderator

Bump. Added Dark Phoenix because why not.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 takenstew22  Moderator

Bump.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 takenstew22  Moderator
takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@andromeda101: Ah, I see. I'm not that up to date with current Marvel comics.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers