• 58 results
#51 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4960 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Gorr in a good fight.

#52 Posted by HellionVulcan (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

Knull is his teams best chance but it's pretty much a 50/50.

#53 Posted by beatboks1 (10055 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Well if Spectre never used TP against him then we can’t say Fate has a counter for it.

I didn't realize this is what you were asking. Had only read the post I replied to and none of the other discussion.I thought the question was if he had TP on Jonn's level.

Fate does have counters for TP.

1. He has cast spells to disperse illusions/mind control. He's done sp when his JSA team mates have been TP'd by several of their enemies. Some of those were vs Brainwave Snr who has TP feats at least equal if not greater than MMH. For one he TP made Spectre not partake in a battle.

2. He wears the amulet of Anubis. It protected him from mental attacks on many occasions. When ot exploded and bathed Jarrod Stephens with its power (making him Fate) it also made him immune to Nabu's mental control. Now Nabu DOES have TP feats that indicate he is MMH level (will cover soon)

3. The duality of Dr Fate's mind. He is two minds in one Kent and Nabu. One the mind of an immortal lord of order. When taking that into consideration the whole gray man incident doea have less impact on him re showings as this was at the point Kent was about to hand over the mantle and Kent and Nabu were less intertwined due to the amount of magic Kent had used. It was actually shown them disagreeing several times.

Re mental feats for Nabu during the Justice League when the boo was in Kents former deceased body he was called upon to help deprogram one of the jlaers. I can't recall if it was a booster or blue beetle (I think the latter). MMH had already failed at this but Nabu was able to easily get inside the mind and undo the damage. This mind you was it a time when he was at the weakest point he had ever been trapped in a mortal form.

#54 Posted by BreakOfDawn (2352 posts) - - Show Bio

Knull is the MVP here. He carries team 1 to victory.

#55 Posted by willpayton (22083 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow said:

@willpayton: Well if Spectre never used TP against him then we can’t say Fate has a counter for it.

I didn't realize this is what you were asking. Had only read the post I replied to and none of the other discussion.I thought the question was if he had TP on Jonn's level.

Fate does have counters for TP.

1. He has cast spells to disperse illusions/mind control. He's done sp when his JSA team mates have been TP'd by several of their enemies. Some of those were vs Brainwave Snr who has TP feats at least equal if not greater than MMH. For one he TP made Spectre not partake in a battle.

2. He wears the amulet of Anubis. It protected him from mental attacks on many occasions. When ot exploded and bathed Jarrod Stephens with its power (making him Fate) it also made him immune to Nabu's mental control. Now Nabu DOES have TP feats that indicate he is MMH level (will cover soon)

3. The duality of Dr Fate's mind. He is two minds in one Kent and Nabu. One the mind of an immortal lord of order. When taking that into consideration the whole gray man incident doea have less impact on him re showings as this was at the point Kent was about to hand over the mantle and Kent and Nabu were less intertwined due to the amount of magic Kent had used. It was actually shown them disagreeing several times.

Re mental feats for Nabu during the Justice League when the boo was in Kents former deceased body he was called upon to help deprogram one of the jlaers. I can't recall if it was a booster or blue beetle (I think the latter). MMH had already failed at this but Nabu was able to easily get inside the mind and undo the damage. This mind you was it a time when he was at the weakest point he had ever been trapped in a mortal form.

Very interesting. This is what I was getting at, Fate has the power to not just defend against Fernus-level TP, but he can probably protect the entire team. The thing about magic is that it's very versatile and he can do almost anything with it.

#56 Posted by willpayton (22083 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: What are you talking about? I literally said I always want feats. TOAA has feats.

Dr. Fate is not multiversal in basically every consistent iteration.

Stop putting up strawmen dude.

Even beatboks admitted that Fate would get TP’d by Fernus. The guy you consider an authority on the subject said that Fate has been TP’d by a guy LESS capable than Fernus.

You lost this one dude

Beatboks said no such thing, in fact he just said exactly the opposite and even gave 3 points to explain how Dr Fate can counter TP. He even gives several feats showing what Fate can do and even one specific one where he did something MMH couldnt do.

Also, you're claiming that you always want feats, but when asked specifically what were TOAA's feats you just ignored the question and said that he is omnipotent... implying that he doesnt even need any feats. You certainly didnt give any. So, that contradicts your claim that you always want feats, because if that was true then as soon as I asked for feats you would have given them instead of trying to avoid the issue and relying on claims by the writers and saying that it's "commonly understood".

Sorry, you dont win an argument by misrepresenting what someone else said and then claiming you go with feats when in fact you didnt give any feats when asked for them.

Avatar image for madscientist224
#57 Posted by Madscientist224 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

Team one murks.

#58 Posted by Lucano (3454 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically 2 Gorrs on team 2, Gorr and Larfleeze... If either manages to kill one, only one of the opposing team's members it suddenly becomes an utter shitstomp. I say team 2, easily.

#59 Posted by ginman333 (3061 posts) - - Show Bio

How does knull not solo????

#60 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Youre still not listening to me. I said that TOAA DOES have feats confirming his omnipotence.

Dr. Fate does NOT have TP feats to stand up to Fernus. It’s that simple mate