• 90 results
#1 Edited by Arcus1 (27606 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Firelord Ozai and Azula have come to Republic City, intending to burn it to the ground. Avatar Korra has assembled her team to stop him, can she succeed?

Team Avatar consists of everyone that fought Kuvira's mech (with the exception of the nonbenders-for round 1). Meaning Korra, Mako, Bolin, the Air Nomads, and the Beifongs.

Ozai arrives on an airship like the one he was on for the finale. Team Avatar is assembled and ready for him. He is the same distance away he was when Aang attacked his airship.

Meanwhile, Azula is on a rampage on the ground. She is insane like she was in the finale.

Ozai and Azula are both enhanced by Sozin's Comet for this battle. Korra and Mako remain unenhanced.

For this battle Korra cannot enter the Avatar State.

All are in character. Victory by ko or death.

Bonus Round:

For this round Ozai is accompanied by his fleet (the same fleet from the ATLA finale. They are all comet enhanced as well.

Azula remains the same as the first round.

Team Avatar is joined by Asami, Hiroshi, Varrick, and Zhu Li. They have their hummingbird drones and 1 hour prep.

Who will win?

#3 Posted by Killerwasp (17233 posts) - - Show Bio

team 2

#5 Posted by Koays (10540 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Korra with casualties. If they play their cards right they can drop Azula before Ozai gets there with moderate difficulty. But Ozai flies...he's going to be blowing things up left and right and unless they can ground him half their team can't get near him.

That said Opal and Jinora can arguably solo if properly defended

#6 Posted by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays said:

Team Korra with casualties. If they play their cards right they can drop Azula before Ozai gets there with moderate difficulty. But Ozai flies...he's going to be blowing things up left and right and unless they can ground him half their team can't get near him.

That said Opal and Jinora can arguably solo if properly defended

#7 Posted by xXxcarzellxXx (3918 posts) - - Show Bio

@llehdevil: @koays: as weird as it dames I agree opal and Kimora seem to live tornadoes with 10 other airbenders they could create a monster

#8 Posted by soduh2 (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

Sane Azula + Sozin's comet would have been more interesting.

#9 Posted by RabumAlal (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

@soduh2: We don't have any feats for Sane Azula amped by the comet.

I think Ozai and Azula win 8/10.

#10 Edited by soduh2 (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@soduh2: We don't have any feats for Sane Azula amped by the comet.

I think Ozai and Azula win 8/10.

It's not that hard to imagine. Just apply Azula's sane feats with the additional boost. The biggest difference is she has more patience and precision when she's sane. She's just as (if not more) cunning too.

#11 Edited by Arcus1 (27606 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by cpt_nice (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Ozai can fly it makes the most sense Korra and the air benders focus on him, while the rest takes down Azula.

Aang without the Avatar state was holding his ground vs Ozai. Korra should be able to do the same. Throw in Tenzin and the airbender fodder and they make short work of Ozai. Some people might get hurt or killed; but they win for sure.

Mako and Bolin should give an unstable Azula a good fight; throw in two metal benders with a style Azula has never faced before, and she goes down hard and fast.

Team 1 with medium difficulty

Bonus round

Fleet has mostly fodder benders and they will not know what hit them with those mobile birds. They take down the ships in no time.

Good fight btw

#13 Posted by XioKenji (3372 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving it to Ozai and Azula because of comet amp tbh.

#14 Posted by cpt_nice (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't see how people can give it to the baddies when they are outnumbered 6 - 1, especially when half of team 1 are elite benders.

#15 Edited by XioKenji (3372 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice said:

I really don't see how people can give it to the baddies when they are outnumbered 6 - 1, especially when half of team 1 are elite benders.

Mostly hype because of Ozai since it took Avatar state Aang to take him out.

#16 Edited by cpt_nice (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiokenji said:
@cpt_nice said:

Mostly hype because of Ozai since it took Avatar state Aang to take him out.

So? That was literally his only fight. And non_avatar state Aang was doing pretty ok vs him for a while. Korra could do the same or better. And Tenzin is not to be underestimated either; he could be great in support. And then you have 6 other decent benders poking at him from all sides? Ozai is good, but he is not winning vs 8 benders.

Do I even need to explain why Azula cant win her matchup? Even sane Azula can't fight 4 benders of their caliber. She does not even have an answer for the Beifongs. If Lin puts cuffs on her; she is immediately incapped. And I find that very likely, since she is being attacked from 4 sides

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
#17 Posted by deactivated-579e79a09210d (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai and Azula. Aang didn't really get any shots in at Ozai til he went Avatar state. Ozai shrugged off anything Aang threw at him. He should handle the Airbenders easily. Azula should overcome Mako and Bolin in a good fight. The others won't be different

#18 Posted by cpt_nice (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai and Azula. Aang didn't really get any shots in at Ozai til he went Avatar state. Ozai shrugged off anything Aang threw at him. He should handle the Airbenders easily. Azula should overcome Mako and Bolin in a good fight. The others won't be different

Actually he was almost killed by his own lightning but Aang chose to spare him at the last moment. In fact; Aang trying to incap Ozai and the latter going for the kill played a major part in the battle. And he is not gonna no sell attacks from 8 benders at once.

Azula wil most likely not just face Mako and Bolin, but also the 2 Beifongs. Saying she can win that battle, 4 vs 1, is wank of the highest order

#19 Posted by Ingyball (326 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Korra wins

#20 Posted by deactivated-579e79a09210d (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice: None of the air benders have fought anything with as much firepower as Sozin Comet Ozai. He should dispatch most of the airbenders with relative ease. Only slight issue will be Tenzin. I don't see Azula handling all four of them, but the Beifongs are weaklinks in my opinion.

#21 Edited by cpt_nice (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaperonyx said:

@cpt_nice: None of the air benders have fought anything with as much firepower as Sozin Comet Ozai

That is totally irrelevant. Even the weaker members have enough power to knock him off course. Ozai's attacks are not so fast that they are undodgeable, and they are way more nimble than him. And 8 vs 1 is a ridiculous numbers advantage.

He should dispatch most of the airbenders with relative ease.

He could not even dispatch a non bloodlusted Aang who was looking to incap, the fought for a long time. This time he has to deal with someone at his level, a master airbender; and 6 other decent benders

I don't see Azula handling all four of them, but the Beifongs are weaklinks in my opinion.

Beifongs are more than experienced enough to hold their own. Not to mention Azula has zero experience fighting metal benders and has no knowledge on their abilities. The minute she focusses on Bolin or Mako, bam, she gets cuffs on and she is helpless. She does not have eyes in the back of her head.

You are really downplaying the ridiculous numbers advantage the team has. It is not like anyone is fodder either. Even the kids took on people with a lot more experience then them and came out victorious.

#22 Posted by deactivated-579e79a09210d (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

R1 there will be definitely be deaths, but I'd say the bonus round is a tie. @arcus Is Toph allowed to join R1 and for the bonus, is team Korra allowed metal clan fodder and is Azula & Ozai allowed Dai Li?

#24 Posted by Jonez_ (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

They caught Zaheer in a tornado and he was a much more fast/agile flyer. They could do the same to Ozai.

And Azula gets overwhelmed in seconds tbh.

#25 Posted by Arcus1 (27606 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Arcus1 (27606 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez120 said:

They caught Zaheer in a tornado and he was a much more fast/agile flyer. They could do the same to Ozai.

And Azula gets overwhelmed in seconds tbh.

Course Zaheer doesn't have the massive firepower and lightning that Ozai does

#27 Posted by xXxcarzellxXx (3918 posts) - - Show Bio

Lava bending solos

#28 Edited by juiceboks (24636 posts) - - Show Bio

Comet enhanced firebending is too much, and Korra is the only one that has even a remote chance at keeping up with Ozai's flight. But without the Avatar State she isnt holding up to his firepower either.

#29 Posted by Arcus1 (27606 posts) - - Show Bio

Lava bending solos

Against a flying Ozai?

Comet enhanced firebending is too much, and Korra is the only one that has even a remote chance at keeping up with Ozai's flight. But without the Avatar State she isnt holding up to his firepower either.

In his fight with Aang Ozai landed pretty frequently, at least when he was actively engaging Aang (pre AS)

#30 Posted by Arcus1 (27606 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#31 Posted by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai's fleet with Ozai might win R2, but I don't think we've seen much of the fodder with the comet, have we?

#32 Posted by Arcus1 (27606 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai's fleet with Ozai might win R2, but I don't think we've seen much of the fodder with the comet, have we?

Mainly what we saw with Toph, Sokka, and Suki

#33 Posted by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus said:
@llehdevil said:

Mainly what we saw with Toph, Sokka, and Suki

Yeah true, didn't see that big of a difference. There were at least 10 big ships of Ozai's fleet, that was a lot. Here, take another 50/50! >:D

#34 Edited by Arcus1 (27606 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#35 Posted by EmperorThanos- (15778 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Korra wins both rounds.

Round 1: they win but with heavy casualties but will win nonetheless.

Round 2: this just gives a bigger advantage to team Korra as all Ozai gets is a bunch of fodder benders that will die pretty quick.

#36 Posted by Amendment50 (15111 posts) - - Show Bio

Without the comet amp or avatar state I can't see Korra winning 1 on 1 with Ozai. I also can't see Korra's team beating comet-amped Azula without her help.

So I give it to team 2.

#37 Edited by ANTHP2000 (24832 posts) - - Show Bio

With Korra and Mako unenchanged they cannot beat either Azula or Ozai. Most people there are non-factors that won't last long. Team 2 wins solidly.

They could do somethign to trick Azula with prep and casualties, but Ozai is still going to rain hell on them and seal the victory.

#38 Edited by SoImMe (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol the enhanced duo slaughter

#39 Edited by SwagBender (87 posts) - - Show Bio

The Comet enhances all firebenders, so Mako, and Korra will be enhanced. The fight is a terrible mismatch without Comet enhancing both Korra,and Mako.

Anyway, team 1 wins with very very heavy causalities....Only if It is with the comet enhancing both Korra and Mako. This thread is a mismatch.

Link to Korra, and Mako respect threads.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/6qj6ij/respect_avatar_korra_the_legend_of_korra/

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/6a275f/respect_mako_the_legend_of_korra/

#40 Posted by Unlimited1 (893 posts) - - Show Bio

Korra beats insane Azula extremely casually with the amount of water she has excess to. The earthbenders can deal with the airships while the air nation holds off Ozai until Korra arrives to help.

Avatar image for crimson-feather
#41 Edited by Crimson-Feather (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@soduh2 said:

Sane Azula + Sozin's comet would have been more interesting.

#42 Posted by Crimson-Feather (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Korra beats insane Azula extremely casually with the amount of water she has excess to.

No, are you crazy?

#43 Posted by Unlimited1 (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimson-feather: Try not to call people who disagree with you crazy, it doesn't help your argument.

#44 Posted by Crimson-Feather (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimson-feather: Try not to call people who disagree with you crazy, it doesn't help your argument.

I did not even make an argument, i just found your comment literally crazy.

#45 Posted by decaf_wizard (16726 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Unlimited1 (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimson-feather: Why exactly? She has no potency in her attacks and her mobility is unimpressive. Korra can beat comic Azula without much trouble, crazy Azula is almost a mismatch.

#47 Edited by Hope_w (2627 posts) - - Show Bio

The Airbenders are the MVP's here, Tenzin alone would cause Azula some major problems she can't possibly hope to defeat all the Air Nomads by her lonesome. Though she definitely takes quite a few here with her.

If it takes place where Aang and Ozai fought I just might make a case for Ozai having a slim advantage due to the lack of a sizeable water source. If he's not Jobbing lightning can end it.

For the second round it's tough to say but Korras time period has superior aircraft and would easily take them from the skies. A land invasion would be hard to stop though.

#48 Edited by katrurius17 (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 overwhelms, lol at Korra beating comet amped Azula casually she would get smacked and don't have the same luck like Katara.

#49 Posted by Unlimited1 (893 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Crimson-Feather (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimson-feather: Why exactly? She has no potency in her attacks and her mobility is unimpressive. Korra can beat comic Azula without much trouble, crazy Azula is almost a mismatch.

I'm inclined to ask again if you're crazy, but i recommend instead to rewatch the show and read the comics again.

You obviously either forget almost everything of Azula or completely missed it somehow.