• Novel/Game Geralt
  • Deathknight Teron
the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Without taking Redwin and Teron into consideration (as I know nothing about them), I'm going with team 1.

Vlad is probably the strongest overall person in this match-up, but he has a bit of a history of jobbing. On the other hand, Sherrif seems to be the weakest one here. Plus, I imagine Uther and Volkmar's Light/holy powers would be highly effective against the undead in team 2, they might even affect the Witch-King as well. Speaking of WK, he seems to be another weak link. He has next to no actual feats, and his scaling is either vague or downright contradictory (depending on the source).

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: Here's my RT for Redwin if it helps

I think you're underestimating Sheriff here. He's one of the fastest on his team via scaling, has teleportation, regen, and can cause internal damage via a magic swarm of beetles, or incap them with spirit wolves. And being 8ft tall with a sword roughly the same size as him helps.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cheth

@firefly489: I know absolutely nothing about Sheriff. And as always, I will point out my knowledge of Eragon is limited. But from what I do know:

Witch King vs Eragon: Could see arguments being made either way (probably material for a CaV really), and I don't know who I'm leaning towards. Maybe slightly towards WK just due to being seen as comparable to Gandalf.

Vlad vs Volkmar: Volkmar might win once, and that's a big might, but the moment Vlad comes back Volkmar is going to be screwed

Uther vs Teron: Uther held his own against THE death knight, but he did lose to a pre-prime version of him. Meanwhile Teron Gorefiend, while no peer of Arthas, is the first of the original death knights, and hardly fodder either. Think it would be a tough fight, but that Uther likely has the greater will and would force a win.

Arantir vs Geralt: Arantir is probably closer to Vilgefortz' level than Geralt's, and I would def favour Arantir.

Redwin vs Sheriff: Dunno

Overall I think I would favour team witch king. They just have a bunch of powerhouses between WK, Vlad and Arantir, and I think even their weak-links (Teron and potentially Sheriff) are on a tier where they can still hold their own against the stronger members of Team geralt at least for a while. The only thing I could really see working in Team Geralt's favour is potentially better teamwork, But there's also noone on team WK that would just throw the fight to sabotage their teammates (except maybe Sheriff. Know nothing about him).

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: Here are some feats for Sheriff:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

He scales above the Southland Slasher, who can toss wrecked cars:

Loading Video...

And scales to the MCs bullet timing feat (the MC should still be weaker than in the final fight):

Loading Video...

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firefly489: Based on that he might be the best physical fighter on his team, and definetly isn't a weak-link overall. I still don't know enough to say whether he beats anyone on the enemy team, but he can certainly hold is own against any of them bar maybe Eragon/Volkmar. At absolute worst he would press Geralt hard. So makes me more confident in favouring team WK

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

End of series Eragon? Does he have his ring, or the gemstones?

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic: eos, but no ring, eldunari (except Glaedr), or name of names

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic: eos, but no ring, eldunari (except Glaedr), or name of names

Just to make sure, he doesn't have the pouch of perfect gemstones either (Isidar Mithrim) correct?

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theheadmasterxx
TheHeadmasterXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the Sheriff have access to all of his Disciplines?

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: Here's my RT for Redwin if it helps

I think you're underestimating Sheriff here. He's one of the fastest on his team via scaling, has teleportation, regen, and can cause internal damage via a magic swarm of beetles, or incap them with spirit wolves. And being 8ft tall with a sword roughly the same size as him helps.

That doesn't tell me much since one of his teammates is the Witch-King (someone with no speed feats whatsoever), I don't know of any speed feats performed by Arantir, and I know nothing about Teron. And I sincerely doubt he's faster than Vlad.

That's a good point actually. Has anyone in team 1, aside from Geralt, fought a teleporter before? He might be able to catch someone off-guard.

How potent is his regen?

Geralt has Igni/Quen, Eragon has his wards, I imagine Uther and Volkmar would just neg them with their auras, Redwin can disperse them with his sword's shockwaves. And the wolves are featless, other than blindsiding some fodder.

@cheth said:

Arantir vs Geralt: Arantir is probably closer to Vilgefortz' level than Geralt's, and I would def favour Arantir.

Witcher 1 Geralt beat enemies comparable or superior to Vilgefortz. The gap only got wider with the next two games.

They just have a bunch of powerhouses between WK, Vlad and Arantir,

Sorry, couldn't help myself
Sorry, couldn't help myself

Based on that he might be the best physical fighter on his team, and definetly isn't a weak-link overall. I still don't know enough to say whether he beats anyone on the enemy team, but he can certainly hold is own against any of them bar maybe Eragon/Volkmar. At absolute worst he would press Geralt hard. So makes me more confident in favouring team WK

You think he's more physically able than Vlad?

Doubtful. As far as I know, he has no skill feats to compete with Geralt, he has no gear to compete with Geralt, he has no magic to compete with Geralt and his stats are nothing Geralt hasn't faced and overcame before.

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy:

And I sincerely doubt he's faster than Vlad.

Does Vlad scale above bullet timing?

Even run of the mill vampire fodder can take a headshot and still fight.

Some of these are possible, except Eragon's wards, since he never encountered something like this and isn't prepared against it (the same way bull horns managed to pierce the wards he put on his cousin even though weapons couldn't).

The spirit wolves overpowered superhuman vampiers and most, importantly, are used as a surprise attack.

Avatar image for masterofmatches
MasterofMatches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy:

Some of these are possible, except Eragon's wards, since he never encountered something like this and isn't prepared against it (the same way bull horns managed to pierce the wards he put on his cousin even though weapons couldn't).

The spirit wolves overpowered superhuman vampiers and most, importantly, are used as a surprise attack.

Mannfred posted by either Cheth or Mord showcases him dodging skaven jaz sniper rifles which are hypersonic, vlad put Mannfred to shame in combat and Mannfred knew this and that is why he had someone steal his ring

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy:

What Master said, though now that I think of it isn't this End Times only?

Is this a regen or durability feat? May I see it?

I mean... the moment he sees a swarm of beetles flying his way, I think he can alter his wards accordingly. And if not, he still has TK/wind/fire spells.

Yes, via the element of surprise, unless you're referring to an instance I don't know about.

Avatar image for theheadmasterxx
TheHeadmasterXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheHeadmasterXX
@firefly489 said:

@theheadmasterxx: Only to whats in the game

Ofc i mean the Ingame Disciplines only, i am not so desperated to use the imbalanced stuff from the books lol.

Loading Video...
No Caption Provided

Like he was using in the video a Lv. 3 and 5 ability, plus it is also common that he should be able to use every lower ingame discipline of this type as well. He also has technically a Level 6 Discipline by being able to turn into a giant bat, but the Discipline itself does not exist by name in game. He also can teleport and directly attack with his giant blade.

Not only he can tank heavy weaponary for a while, he become more or less highly resistance as a bat, if you don´t use light against him.

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy:

What Master said, though now that I think of it isn't this End Times only?

Yeah, unless there's some other instance of Manny fighting Skaven.

Is this a regen or durability feat? May I see it?

Regen is something all vampires can do (don't expect anything on Deadpool's tier tho), as for the feat:

Loading Video...

That's a Sabbat gangbanger taking a headshot. I don't think you can get more fodder vamp than Sabbat gangbanger.

I mean... the moment he sees a swarm of beetles flying his way, I think he can alter his wards accordingly. And if not, he still has TK/wind/fire spells.

Yeah, I just wanted to pointed out how wards work.

Yes, via the element of surprise, unless you're referring to an instance I don't know about.

He spawns them right behind his opponents, that's why it's a surprise attack.