• 99 results
#1 Posted by Strider1992 (18501 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster

-Everyone is completely unarmed and stats are equalized (no flying)

-H2H only

-Morals On

-No Prep

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Round 1: Batgirl

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Round 2: Black Canary

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Round 3: Nightwing

Round 4: Wonder Woman(current)

Round 5: Batman

Bonus Round: Ra's Al Ghul

-Both Taskmaster and Ra's are armed with a sword and shield

#2 Posted by jashro44 (53636 posts) - - Show Bio

So wonder woman has no powers? I think he will clear (including the bonus round) the hardest round being round 5.

#3 Posted by ChaosMarvel (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Task stomps

Round 2: Task wins with mild difficulty

Round 3: Task wins with mild difficulty

Round 4: Task wins with moderate to high difficulty

Round 5: Task wins with high difficulty (probably about 6/10)

Bonus Round: I wanna say Task again but Ra's is damn good with a blade. I'm gonna call that a draw.

#4 Posted by Harddrivexxii (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

So wonder woman has no powers? I think he will clear (including the bonus round) the hardest round being round 5.

#5 Edited by Pwok21 (2464 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears with difficulty towards the end but he takes the bonus round with relative ease.

Whenever I've seen Ra's (which is rarely) he has used only a sword with great skill but the shield would be cumbersome for him whilst the sword and shield is Taskmasters' best combo.

Avatar image for iknoweverything
#6 Posted by IKnowEverything (361 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears. Yipee

#7 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

o_O clears? WTF lol. Dude cant even beat Cap but he clears? Canary stomps him out. I said it.

#8 Posted by Morpheus_ (34624 posts) - - Show Bio
Ra's has no reason being that high up.
#9 Edited by VenomousDragon (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: Without her powers? is canary alot better than batman because cap is generally looked as on a similar level as batman.

#10 Posted by Strider1992 (18501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

Well it was meant to be a bonus round I thought Ra's was epic at sword play so I thought it would play to his advantage......obviously I was wrong lol.

#11 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
Co-signed

@VenomousDragon
In all fairness my Cap comment was just colorful language cause I like to antagonize people into calling me out :P I wouldnt say Canary is better or even on level with Batman. But her h2h is substantial. Enough in my opinion to beat Taskmaster. Who's power (in my opinion) is extremely overrated.
#12 Posted by VenomousDragon (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: In theory taskmaster is a powerhouse, not so much in practice, except for UNDO he was pretty badass.

#13 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
@VenomousDragon: Meh, he's a patchwork quilt. All his ability does is allow him to be lazy. He doesn't have to train or even practice to be an accomplished fighter. At the end of the day he's still just throwing strikes that are the technique of other characters. I'm being a little harsh on Taskmaster thats my bad. He does have skill. I've just soured on his character a bit. I'm waiting for someone to explain why having all the moves of other people makes him a powerhouse? It still comes down to his own ability to skillful piece them together into some sort of style. If I have a million bucks I'm rich right? But if I dont understand the value of a dollar how rich am I really?
#14 Posted by VenomousDragon (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler:

No Caption Provided
#15 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio

Order seems weird as f*ck to me.

#16 Posted by nick_hero22 (8711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

@VenomousDragon: Meh, he's a patchwork quilt. All his ability does is allow him to be lazy. He doesn't have to train or even practice to be an accomplished fighter. At the end of the day he's still just throwing strikes that are the technique of other characters. I'm being a little harsh on Taskmaster thats my bad. He does have skill. I've just soured on his character a bit. I'm waiting for someone to explain why having all the moves of other people makes him a powerhouse? It still comes down to his own ability to skillful piece them together into some sort of style. If I have a million bucks I'm rich right? But if I dont understand the value of a dollar how rich am I really?

I absolutely agree, in my opinion Taskmaster's powers should work in favor of his opponents when he copies their fighting styles due to the fact that his opponents would have better knowledge of the techniques that encompasses the style and a better understanding of the workings of the style itself while Taskmaster would be just amatuer imitating strikes, his opponents should have no trouble exploiting Taskmaster's lack of knowledge on the techniques he is imitating.

#17 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
@VenomousDragon: lol a strong case could be made for Taskmaster getting to Wonder Woman. but even without her powers she's highly skilled (not sure what version we're suppose to use...) but no way is Taskmaster clearing Batman.
#18 Posted by CaptainDoeo (808 posts) - - Show Bio

Does he get rest in between the fights? If so, how much?

#19 Posted by VenomousDragon (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: I didnt think he would get past batman either and Ive seen a couple people say wonder woman is better than bruce, not sure if thats right as i dont read alot of DC.

#20 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
@VenomousDragon said:

@Gambler: I didnt think he would get past batman either and Ive seen a couple people say wonder woman is better than bruce, not sure if thats right as i dont read alot of DC.

Maybe with her powers. You'd have a hard time proving it though if she were without them.
Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
#21 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosMarvel said:

Round 1: Task stomps

Round 2: Task wins with mild difficulty

Round 3: Task wins with mild difficulty

Round 4: Task wins with moderate to high difficulty

Round 5: Task wins with high difficulty (probably about 6/10)

Bonus Round: I wanna say Task again but Ra's is damn good with a blade. I'm gonna call that a draw.

This.

#22 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (702 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster clears it then proceeds to go and kill the jla

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
#23 Posted by BeaconofStrength (12489 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Tasky clears.

#24 Posted by dondave (41760 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears

#25 Posted by dondave (41760 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirnicktheepic

Taskmaster clears it then proceeds to go and kill the jla

Doubtful

#26 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

This gauntlet is so out of order. With stats equalized he definitely clears. Serious Tasky is one of the most dangerous and competent fighters in Marvel.

#27 Posted by ShenKuei (1612 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Batman IMO.

Clears the bonus round.

#28 Posted by Kingant27 (16915 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears handily, he can copy all their fighting styles + he has his already fighting styles.

#29 Posted by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears.

#30 Posted by XiiX (13583 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears. And LOL at Ra's being so far up.

#31 Posted by reaverlation (25907 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#32 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9106 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
#33 Posted by ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2 (7566 posts) - - Show Bio

@owen_porter: : @venomousdragon: whats with all the tasky hate is his own series he was badass, hes normally used to job though but his power dosent just let him utilise his enemys strategy but every technique hes ever seen he remembers, for example he could be fighting like spiderman style then use IF style or wolvie style and keep changing,plus by all means you cant say he is lazy as he trains himself and soldiers all time and he studies every combatant of the marvel universe to the point where he know froms the littles body language where an attack is comming from,

On side note he clears with mid difficulty seeing as he has never studided any of these fighters it will take him a min or so to utilise his power accordingly, i could see batman and wonderwoman winning if they fininsh him quick but for a majority id say he clears

Sorry for spelling mistakes its late and i cba to re check my typing

#34 Posted by Tyger (2831 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone is completely unarmed? Then TM can't get anywhere. In any fight, as soon as he gets into trouble, he grabs some gadget regularly used by Marvel's 'street level' characters. Webbing, trick billy club, boomerangs, whatever. The surprise factor of his utility belt accounts for a solid chunk of his wins.

#35 Posted by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger said:

Everyone is completely unarmed? Then TM can't get anywhere. In any fight, as soon as he gets into trouble, he grabs some gadget regularly used by Marvel's 'street level' characters. Webbing, trick billy club, boomerangs, whatever. The surprise factor of his utility belt accounts for a solid chunk of his wins.

Not really.... Tony has copied the actual martial talents of people like Captain America, Wolverine, etc. He doesn't need gear to be dangerous.

#36 Posted by Tyger (2831 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: He probably doesn't need it, but it's his 'go to' method. At best, he's got 50/50 with someone who's actually trained when stripped of them. He usually comes pretty close to loosing until he breaks them out.

#37 Edited by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger: The guy can kill you in one hit. He's a martial arts master. If anything he prefers using his sword more than any of his other gear.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
#38 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

clears. I can think of other dc guys shoulda been on list as well.

Shiva.

Richard dragon.

Cassandra cain.

Karate kid.

#39 Posted by lesterlawton (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

Non-jobbing Taskmaster clears.

#40 Edited by Postacrat (720 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owen_porter: @nick_hero22: Im inclined to agree with both of you. I do like task master, but he doesnt consistently copy the fighting styles of those he is facing on the fly. I have mostly seen him studying them first, not sure he can get passed Batman who knows over 100 styles and like taskmaster combines them into a hybrid style. Even if he had the skill list of over 100 fighters, he may not understand all the principles of each individual disciplines. Being able to copy them is one thing, understanding them is another.

Also a case could be made for a few fighters that have beaten taskmaster, who are generally considered on Par or even lesser than Batman. These are all skilled H2H combatants, each versed in multiple styles. Taskmaster is just one man who knows the general skill set of a lot of heroes and is in peak physical shape, but still one guy. I don't think a multitude of copied styles guarantee a win for him. It is not implausible to think the Taskmaster could still be bested by fighters who use styles better than the ones hes using at the time. Hey, I could be wrong though.

#41 Posted by comic_book_fan (11632 posts) - - Show Bio

stops at batman.

#42 Posted by ShenKuei (1612 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owen_porter: @nick_hero22: Im inclined to agree with both of you. I do like task master, but he doesnt consistently copy the fighting styles of those he is facing on the fly. I have mostly seen him studying them first, not sure he can get passed Batman who knows over 100 styles and like taskmaster combines them into a hybrid style. Even if he had the skill list of over 100 fighters, he may not understand all the principles of each indovidual disciplines. Being able to copy them is one thing, understanding them is another.

Also a case could be made for a few fighters that have beaten taskmaster, who are generally considered on Par or even lesser than Batman. These are all skilled H2H combatants, each versed in multiple styles. Taskmaster is just one man who knows the general skill set of a lot of heroes and is in peak physical shape, but still one guy. I don't think a multitude of copied styles guarantee a win for him.

This is pretty much how I feel. For one thing, Taskmaster rarely fights hand to hand he is more of a weapons guy. For another, he has too many losses to too many people to just assume he can beat anyone based on his powers alone. Also as you say, he's much more effective when given time to study a target beforehand. When he is unfamiliar with someone he can't predict their moves and when he can't predict their moves well...look at his fights with Deadpool.

In spite of all this I'm still giving Tasky the benefit of the doubt, and using him at his best, and I think he can almost clear this gauntlet. But I draw the line at Batman.

#43 Edited by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

@shenkuei said:

@postacrat said:

@Owen_porter: @nick_hero22: Im inclined to agree with both of you. I do like task master, but he doesnt consistently copy the fighting styles of those he is facing on the fly. I have mostly seen him studying them first, not sure he can get passed Batman who knows over 100 styles and like taskmaster combines them into a hybrid style. Even if he had the skill list of over 100 fighters, he may not understand all the principles of each indovidual disciplines. Being able to copy them is one thing, understanding them is another.

Also a case could be made for a few fighters that have beaten taskmaster, who are generally considered on Par or even lesser than Batman. These are all skilled H2H combatants, each versed in multiple styles. Taskmaster is just one man who knows the general skill set of a lot of heroes and is in peak physical shape, but still one guy. I don't think a multitude of copied styles guarantee a win for him.

This is pretty much how I feel. For one thing, Taskmaster rarely fights hand to hand he is more of a weapons guy. For another, he has too many losses to too many people to just assume he can beat anyone based on his powers alone. Also as you say, he's much more effective when given time to study a target beforehand. When he is unfamiliar with someone he can't predict their moves and when he can't predict their moves well...look at his fights with Deadpool.

In spite of all this I'm still giving Tasky the benefit of the doubt, and using him at his best, and I think he can almost clear this gauntlet. But I draw the line at Batman.

Not really. @ghostravage can expound more clearly than I can, but Tony has several feats against high end martial artists when he hasn't copied there moves. He beat the crap out of The Cat back in Wolverine #167 when he had never met him before, he fought Captain America and Winter Soldier at the same time when he had not met Bucky before and wasn't thrown off, he beat Zaran the weapons master when he had never met him before either, he fought Daredevil to a virtual stalemate during their first encounter and was toying around IIRC, etc. The Deadpool reference isn't valid at all. It's been explained that Tony struggles with Wade because he's bat sh%t crazy, and has literally no patterns to him. This has even given people with photographic reflexes problems. No one here is like that at all. Even then, that explanation is crappy considering that Taskmaster has fought and defeated martial artists whom were purportedly unpredictable. If anything, the fact that Tony doesn't know anyone here is an advantage. If you look at most of Tony's worst performances, they came against people he had actually copied, and was confident because he felt he knew them inside and out. He isn't cocky when he is unaware of a person's capabilties. Really, so as long as Tony isn't jobbing, which he shouldn't because the battle forum rules state we should consider that character's are performing to the best of their abilities unless we are dealing with people like Killer Croc whom are more or less created to job, he can and should defeat Batman.

#44 Edited by ShenKuei (1612 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: You bring up some good points but Taskmaster had weapons for all of those fights did he not?

In fact, I would go as far as to say he has never beaten someone on Batman's level in hand to hand without weapons. I'm not inclined to say that Taskmaster could do something which he has never done before.

Plus everything else me and @postacrat said.

#45 Posted by patrat18 (11745 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

@shenkuei said:

@wolverine08: You bring up some good points but Taskmaster had weapons for all of those fights did he not?

In fact, I would go as far as to say he has never beaten someone on Batman's level in hand to hand without weapons. I'm not gonna speculate that Taskmaster could do something which he has never done before.

Plus, you know, everything me and @postacrat said.

That works both ways actually. Taskmaster already has an advantage over Batman in that he has a superior wealth technical knowledge over Bruce due to the fact that he's copied the the fighting styles of people with equal technical knowledge to Bruce like Wolverine, and has mastered chi techniques that took 20 years to master in the span of 20 minutes, etc. Has Bruce ever beaten somebody with a superior amount of technical knowledge to his name? If not, why can he suddenly do so here against Taskmaster? Also, I'm not sure why we are acting like Taskmaster's gear is some massive, daunting advantage. He only has three items on him usually, a shield, a bow, and a sword, and more often than not, he'll either just use one of those items, or engage his opponent H2H while incorporating the shield here. In his first fight with Daredevil, he was switching between using the shield and bow, he beat the crap out of the Cat with solely his shield, no weapons at all with Zaran the weapons master with no tech at all, and I'm sure there are others I'm missing. Tony isn't working with Batman levels of gear. I already commented on what you and postcrat said. Deadpool isn't a good example because his insane mind has given both Tony and other fighters here trouble, he'll be able to copy anyone and Batman just fine to add towards his knowledge. Tony has taken bits of a person's fighting style of a person as they have fought like he did against Daredevil during their first encounter, I fail to see why he can't do so here. He isn't even going to be cocky either because he's unfamiliar with everyone here as well. There's nothing to suggest what Batman knows is more advanced than what Tony has, and comic books don't even consider things like is a person's particular martial art is effective. If you have more knowledge, you're just better, and Tony tends to end up in situations like that a lot.

#47 Posted by ShenKuei (1612 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: The difference is that Taskmaster has numerous losses to people below Batman's level while the reverse isn't really true. Taskmaster consistently loses to mid-tier martial artists. You can't write off every loss Taskmaster has had as "jobbing". It's a consistent part of the character that he has never lived up to the potential his abilities should be giving him.

Also, I don't know if I would say Taskmaster has a superior wealth of technical knowledge to Batman. That is debatable at best. Tasmaster can't just download all of a person's technical knowledge, he only copies what moves he has seen them use. That doesn't mean he gain all of their technical knowledge or even all of their moves. It's more like a small portion.

It's not that Taskmaster's gear is a big advantage or not. It's that skill with weapons and hand to hand are not the same thing. We can't assume Taskmaster is as skilled at hand to hand as he is with weapons. He simply doesn't have the hand to hand feats to support it.

That Zaran feat seems to be the only one 100% applicable here and Zaran is not top tier. Batman is the only one here with impressive unarmed feats against top tier fighters.

#48 Edited by Postacrat (720 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: except he doesn't get to use weapons, something he is known to use regularly. He also hasn't been shown to copy moves on the fly, he has to watch a style in order to copy it as far as I'm concerned. Also as I said before copying a fighting style and understanding the principles of each discipline is two different things, and to my knowledge taskmaster can copy actions but he still needs to learn the principles in order to understand what he's doing. Without a true level of understanding of an art you cannot master it, copying someones moves is not mastering their disciplines.

Batman has actually mastered 50 martial arts disciplines entirely, not just a few moves exhibited by characters who may have only been using a few moves in their skill set anyway. Also TM's H2H feats meaning no weapons are lacking compared to most of the people in this gauntlet. I still give him until Batman to lose though, TM is a beast.

#49 Posted by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

@shenkuei: Which loses against a plethora of mid tier martial artists? The ones that I can think of like with Moon Knight and Deadpool have context behind them like Wade's mind simply being too crazy to sort through and having an oddly unpredictable fighting style as a whole or like Moon Knight making him afraid in their second encounter(Even though he had beaten Moon Knight decisively). Those are the only two fights I can think of whenever people want to say that Taskmaster doesn't live up to his potential, and there are context behind them. Besides that, he's stalemated Captain America while being distracted, and almost killed Steve on occasion, he's fought Steve and Bucky at the same time when both were sporting similar equipment to him(Shields), he's stalemated Daredevil, beaten Moon Knight, destroyed the Cat, and more. Seriously, Taskmaster's good performances out weigh his bad ones(Which usually have context) to like 3:1, yet people seem to like get caught up with the bad ones. Taskmaster having a greater wealth of technical knowledge than Batman isn't really debatable at all. He just doesn't get portions of people's fighting styles, he's gone to black markets and bought tapes of people like Wolverine which he subsequently sat down and watched for hours to get down. The amount of knowledge Tony has copied is so great he suffers from memory lose with personal parts of his life, and most of his memory is based around fighting techniques. He's copied people whom have studied non Earth based martial arts like Wolverine and Iron Fist. Tony has simply copied too much from too many high tiers to say he isn't sporting the superior amount of knowledge. It's just an add on from getting photographic reflexes. Unless Taskmaster combats a swordman, he uses the shield, and shield fighting is just a variant of H2H fighting just using the shield as an extension, and considering the fact that Taskmaster has completely copied the skills of people whom have mastered 18 styles of Kung Fu and are among the best H2Hers in the Marvel Universe, why wouldn't he be a great H2H fighter. There's a great amount of evidence in the amount of knowledge he's copied that suggests so.

#50 Edited by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: except he doesn't get to use weapons, something he is known to use regularly. He also hasn't been shown to copy moves on the fly, he has to watch a style in order to copy it as far as I'm concerned. Also as I said before copying a fighting style and understanding the principles of each discipline is two different things, and to my knowledge taskmaster can copy actions but he still needs to learn the principles in order to understand what he's doing. Without a true level of understanding of an art you cannot master it, copying someones moves is not mastering their disciplines.

Batman has actually mastered 50 martial arts disciplines entirely, not just a few moves exhibited by characters who may have only been using a few moves in their skill set anyway. Also TM's H2H feats meaning no weapons are lacking compared to most of the people in this gauntlet. I still give him until Batman to lose though, TM is a beast.

Taskmaster ended up copying the entirety of Daredevil's fighting style throughout their first fight by dragging out the fight in question, and it's never been noted that he needs to grasp the principles behind a fighting style to properly use them, the photographic reflexes ensure that his body just naturally keys in on the movements, and performs them flawlessly so as long as the techniques in question that he is learning don't require superhuman abilities like super strength.