• 153 results
#51 Posted by MarvelZ0mbie (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: Like he took Moon Knight to school? Or Dead Pool?

#52 Edited by Pipxeroth (9135 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie: You mean this instance with Moon Knight, before plot took over and Tony got 'scared' of him?

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

And perhaps you mean this instance with Deadpool, before Wade realised that he is one of two characters in Marvel who can completely nullify Taskmaster's abilities?

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Because if so, sure. I don't think he'll stomp Bruce as badly as he did either of them here, but if you say so :)

#53 Edited by MarvelZ0mbie (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: one of only two characters? Dont be ridiculous. This is where I put you to bed okay. First of all you don't like Moon Knight defeating himTaskmaster- so you label it PIS. How about I give you that even though it'll be used in these "battles" whether we like it or not. But I'll let that go.

Deadpool isn't one of only two character's. Captain America has defeated him routinely lately even in the current Hydra arc. You probably have an excuse for that too but I'm not done with you. Additionally Daredevil has beaten Taskmaster not once but twice.

But I suppose your gonna tell me that that is because Moon Knight (a homage to Batman), Daredevil (handicapped by being blind), Captain America (only Adept at all martial arts) and Deadpool (only did cuz he's unpredictable) are all superior to Batman iyo right? Even though Batman developed an unpredictable back up personality and identity in Zur-En-Arrh which can fight like Deadpool.

Well shoot I guess I can't convince you.... unless idk.... Batman had already beaten Taskmaster in the pages of JLA/Avengers #4!

Batman stomps Taskmaster. You know it and I know it.

#54 Edited by Pipxeroth (9135 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie:

First of all you don't like Moon Knight defeating himTaskmaster- so you label it PIS. How about I give you that even though it'll be used in these "battles" whether we like it or not. But I'll let that go.

Lol, clearly you haven't read the comic. Moon Knight never defeated Taskmaster. Tony stomped him in a matter of panels, then Frenchie saved him, then Moon Knight took his plane and crashed it into the building where Taskmaster was, which somehow made him too afraid to fight so he gave up. How about you know what you're talking about for these "battles". The scan I posted that you elected to ignore is Taskmaster kicking Marc's ass, as it should be.

one of only two characters? Dont be ridiculous. Deadpool isn't one of only two character's. Captain America has defeated him routinely lately even in the current Hydra arc. You probably have an excuse for that too but I'm not done with you. Additionally Daredevil has beaten Taskmaster not once but twice.

Nice reading abilities buddy. I said Deadpool is one of two characters who can completely nullify Taskmaster's abilities, the other being Alex Hayden. I never said he was one of two characters to ever defeat Taskmaster. Taskmaster is a villain, and villains lose stories, that's how comics work. I'm willing to bet you haven't read a single comic that features Taskmaster, and instead you just google fights that he loses and repeat that here with no idea of context. Yes, the fight Cap had with Taskmaster in Steve Rogers was complete PIS, no matter which way you look at it. Besides, if you at all care about character consistency, I'm sure you're aware that Taskmaster has completely embarrassed Cap before, like in Captain America #44, where Cap had to resort to BFR to end the fight:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

As for Daredevil, one of their fights was dead even with Taskmaster messing around and repeating Matt's moves just because he can, before Daredevil quite literally kicked him into an oncoming truck. I'd appreciate it if you could provide scans or an issue number for their second fight (which I doubt you can) since it's been a long time since I've read it, but IIRC Daredevil had gear taken from Stilt-Man that allowed him to win.

And again, nice job completely ignoring the scan of Taskmaster stomping Wade when his powers aren't coming into play.

But I suppose your gonna tell me that that is because Moon Knight (a homage to Batman), Daredevil (handicapped by being blind), Captain America (only Adept at all martial arts) and Deadpool (only did cuz he's unpredictable) are all superior to Batman iyo right? Even though Batman developed an unpredictable back up personality and identity in Zur-En-Arrh which can fight like Deadpool.

Well shoot I guess I can't convince you.... unless idk.... Batman had already beaten Taskmaster in the pages of JLA/Avengers #4!

Captain America is Batman's equal in every way imaginable. Surely someone like you who thinks that JLA/Avengers crossovers are canon (hint: they aren't) would know that, considering Bruce flat out admitted that Cap would beat him eventually.

No Caption Provided

So yeah, you're full of shit.

Batman stomps Taskmaster. You know it and I know it.

I'll believe it when someone proves it.

If you want to play the "let's ignore consistency game", I'm totally happy to.

Here's Taskmaster early in his career dancing around and knocking down Iron Man, a multi-thousander tonner with microsecond combat speed.

Your turn.

#55 Edited by g2_ (11294 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Edited by Apocofist (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: Well played.

You aren't the first person taken into that arguement and surly not the last.

#57 Posted by BruceRogers (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil handicapped by being blind?. Yep,now I have seen everything

#58 Posted by MUVDCU (940 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Yeah, I actually laughed uncontrollably at that one.

#59 Posted by APEX_pretador (19715 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman doesn't go down without leaving taskmaster messed up with pain and broken bones, but he does go down.

#60 Posted by w0nd (6803 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil handicapped by being blind?. Yep,now I have seen everything

fantastic

#61 Posted by Apocofist (3028 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Edited by MarvelZ0mbie (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: oh I've read a Taskmaster comic before - considering I have three copies of his first appearance and 1st Cameo in mint shape, and several of his fights kicking around. Hell I've spoke with Finch face to face about the Moon Knight/Taskmaster fight. Bottom line is you proved my point for me. You posted pics of Taskmaster losing to Captain America. And you realize when Taskmaster "gave up" against Moon Knight that is losing right? I cant post pics as I'm off a cell phone.

Also Batman "admitting" Captain America can beat him proves nothing. Admitting isn't the same as doing. Additionally nice job on you constantly ignoring that Batman has already beaten Taskmaster in JLA/Avengers #4. Why haven't you posted the two panels of that scrap huh?

It's a stomp for Batman. 9/10.

#63 Edited by MarvelZ0mbie (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@muvdcu: That's a different argument but white noise, crowds, echoes, explosions and sonics perturb and sometimes even cancel out his radar sense. To know he has such an ability one would have to be a genious and notice the flaring of his nostrils or slight turning of his head. If his radar sense is cancelled out then he's blind.

#64 Posted by MUVDCU (940 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie: Crossovers are canon now? I think Batman can win the slight majority, IMO. Taskmaster is still awesome though.

#65 Posted by Pipxeroth (9135 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie:

considering I have three copies of his first appearance and 1st Cameo in mint shape

Lol I'm sure you do.

Hell I've spoke with Finch face to face about the Moon Knight/Taskmaster fight.

Yet you still didn't realise Moon Knight never actually fought him and won?

Bottom line is you proved my point for me. You posted pics of Taskmaster losing to Captain America.

Try actually reading the scans mate. In the first 4 pages Tasky is winning so easily Cap doesn't land a single hit on him. He surprises him with new SHIELD tech and knocks him off a bridge. It didn't KO him, Tasky actually pulled Cap down with him and they got separated in the water. It was an inconclusive fight that showed Taskmaser completely embarrassing Steve.

And you realize when Taskmaster "gave up" against Moon Knight that is losing right?

Except when they actually fought he defeated him in 2 panels. They didn't even fight when Tasky gave up. Moon Knight literally just crashed a plan and told Taskmaster to kill him, and for some stupid reason that scared Tony so he started crying. That's not winning a fight.

I cant post pics as I'm off a cell phone.

Don't worry, I'll do it for you:

Taskmaster casually kicks around Moon Knight.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

That's literally the extent of their fight. The only other thing Moon Knight does is stab Tony in the foot while he's busy fighting off Marc's girlfriend and Frenchie. But I'm sure you know this.

Then, Moon Knight crashes a plane into the building, tells Taskmaster to kill him, and Taskmaster... gives up?

It's shit writing, simple as that. But even if you ignore the fact that the writing is shit, Moon Knight still never actually defeated Tony in a fight. I don't know why people bother bringing it up in the forums, clearly they haven't actually read the issue.

Also Batman "admitting" Captain America can beat him proves nothing. Admitting isn't the same as doing.

Lol, they fought and Batman, the greatest detective in DC, decided that Cap could beat him. Unless you're calling him a liar or a bad detective? Batman hater.

Additionally nice job on you constantly ignoring that Batman has already beaten Taskmaster in JLA/Avengers #4. Why haven't you posted the two panels of that scrap huh?

Lmao, you really astound me with how little you know of what you're even talking about. Maybe I'd post the two panels of that fight if there were two panels. It's a single tiny panel of Batman kicking Taskmaster on a page full of fighting. You'd think someone like you who keeps repeating the same shit would have actually read the comic, but apparently not.

No Caption Provided

You have no idea what you're even blabbing on about, you're just repeating shit you heard like it means something.

Anyway, most importantly, CROSSOVERS ARE NOT CANON. The power levels in crossovers are way different to what they are in their main universes. Hell, in that same comic Batman struggled to fight Batroc, someone who Cap regularly beats. So either you accept the fact that crossovers are not canon, or you at the very least be consistent with what you're talking about.

It's a stomp for Batman. 9/10.

Again, prove it. You haven't shown a single reason why Batman would win, all you've done is gone on about a non-canon single panel fight, and then tried to say that Taskmaster is unskilled so he loses to Moon Knight and Deadpool, when I showed him stomping Moon Knight and stomping Deadpool before he realised he can nullify Taskmaster's powers. Where the hell is your response to that? Do you just stop responding to comments that prove you wrong? At least have the balls to say "okay, you were right", instead of just ignoring it and going YEAH BUT BATMAN WON IN A CROSSOVER.

Face it, you have no idea what you're talking about. Telling me you own 3 mint condition copies of his first appearance doesn't mean shit (who the hell buys 3 copies of a $200 comic for a character you aren't interested in?) when you haven't gotten a single thing about Taskmaster or any of his fights correct this whole time.

@muvdcu said:

@marvelz0mbie: Crossovers are canon now? I think Batman can win the slight majority, IMO. Taskmaster is still awesome though.

Crossovers are not canon, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

#66 Edited by MarvelZ0mbie (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth:

-crossovers may or may not be canon because you say so but nonetheless they are an indication of what could happen at the very least

-your antagonist tone indicates your frustration and the realization I'm right. Also you won't scare me off with insults.

-I do have three copies of his cameo and 1st ap.

-you call the Taskmaster fight bad writing, but that's your opinion, it's actually a display of intimidation factor. I acknowledge the 1st part Taskmaster dominated but I'm not disputing that. Fact is Moon Knight also beat him back. And Moon Knight is a poor man's Batman.

-in regards to Taskmaster against Captain America that's one of two maybe three encounters where he looked good but still didn't win. There has been numerous outings where Steve beat him.

-Batman never ever decided Captain America defeated him. Batman realized they had to stop Krona and acknowledged Cap COULD beat. He has stalemated Cap twice and defeated him in Marvel vs DC with superior marksmanship when they both got caught in a sewer flush.

-there are two panels from Batman vs Taskmaster in JLA Avengers 4. Just goes to show you are what you accuse me of. You simply use what you find online and all you could find was the one panel. But there is another panel with Batman standing over a defeated Taskmaster with other Avengers in the background namely Black Panther. Why don't you post it for me? Lol

-as foe your interpretation of Taskmaster stomping Deadpool (by shooting him) in their first encounter. Deadpool has defeated him at least three times in return in more deciding bouts than shooting.

-A single reason why Batman could win? Using unpredictable Zurr En Arhh style. Has mastered more styles than Taskmaster has been exposed to. Has greater physical feats. Has defeated opponents who could see his movs before he made them (like Zeiss) or Foes like Prometheus (who have catalogued not just moves entire fighting styles of the 30 best fighters).

-you haven't been right about anything. You've just gotten mad because I consider Moon Knight intimidating Taskmaster a win and that I consider two panels from JLA Avengers at least a fight which appeared Batman dominated Taskmaster.

-you say I haven't got anything correct but I've read more about Taskmaster than you can Google images on the Internet, is all. Daredevil, Deadpool, Captain America and Moon Knight have all bested him one way or another. He can be bested by a skilled enough peak human clearly. Batman likely has Cap's skill and physicals, Moon Knight’s intimidation, Daredevil's strategics, Deadpool's unpredictability plus 127 martial arts.

#67 Posted by Pipxeroth (9135 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie:

-crossovers may or may not be canon because you say so but nonetheless they are an indication of what could happen at the very least

?? It's not a matter of opinion, they are not canon. Not "some people think they are and some people think they aren't". So you agree that Wolverine beating Lobo is a good indication of what would happen then?

-your antagonist tone indicates your frustration and the realization I'm right. Also you won't scare me off with insults.

I'm not insulting you, nor am I using an antagonistic tone. And nor are you correct.

-I do have three copies of his cameo and 1st ap.

I'm sure you do.

-you call the Taskmaster fight bad writing, but that's your opinion, it's actually a display of intimidation factor. I acknowledge the 1st part Taskmaster dominated but I'm not disputing that. Fact is Moon Knight also beat him back.

Are you even listening to yourself? There wasn't a fight. Taskmaster gave up because he was scared, even though there was literally no reason for him to be other than bad writing.

-in regards to Taskmaster against Captain America that's one of two maybe three encounters where he looked good but still didn't win. There has been numerous outings where Steve beat him.

Numerous outings? No. Every fight they've had other than the one in Steve Rogers #3 has been inconclusive at best. You're straight up ignoring the fact that in that fight Taskmaster absolutely dominated until Steve surprised him with his tech, and again the fight ended inconclusively.

-Batman never ever decided Captain America defeated him. Batman realized they had to stop Krona and acknowledged Cap COULD beat. He has stalemated Cap twice and defeated him in Marvel vs DC with superior marksmanship when they both got caught in a sewer flush.

But according to you Batman is far above Cap? Why is he only stalemating him then? Why would he say that Cap could beat him?

Either way, I'm getting tired of debating this stuff which has no relevance whatsoever. Crossovers aren't canon, period.

-there are two panels from Batman vs Taskmaster in JLA Avengers 4. Just goes to show you are what you accuse me of. You simply use what you find online and all you could find was the one panel. But there is another panel with Batman standing over a defeated Taskmaster with other Avengers in the background namely Black Panther.

I've got the comic right next to me dude, that panel literally does not exist. Even if it did, how would that count as part of the fight lol? As far as actual fighting goes, there is only that one single panel.

Again, crossovers aren't canon and I'm not going to continue wasting my time debating this.

-as foe your interpretation of Taskmaster stomping Deadpool (by shooting him) in their first encounter. Deadpool has defeated him at least three times in return in more deciding bouts than shooting.

You're not even listening to what I'm saying mate. Before Deadpool realised he could nullify Taskmaster's powers, Tony was stomping him. The only reason he can defeat him now is because of the way he interacts with Taskmaster's powers. I'm sure someone like you who owns not one, not two, but three copies of Taskmaster's first appearance would have at least some basic knowledge of the character?

-A single reason why Batman could win? Using unpredictable Zurr En Arhh style.

What are you even talking about? Zur-En-Arrh was an alternate version of Batman. Everything about Zur-En-Arrh was wiped from his mind. It's not some mystical fighting style that beats everything ever by being unpredictable.

Has mastered more styles than Taskmaster has been exposed.

False

Has greater physical feats.

You know whose physicals are way beyond Batman's? Spider-woman's. You know what happened when Taskmaster fought her?

No Caption Provided

He was still capable of one shotting her.

Not to mention Taskmaster regularly fights Captain America, whose physicals are at the very least equivalent to Bruce's. So no, physicals don't mean squat. Not to mention Taskmaster is significantly faster.

Has defeated opponents who could see his movs before he made them (like Zeiss) or Foes like Prometheus (who have catalogued not just moves entire fighting styles of the 30 best fighters).

And? Taskmaster doesn't just predict his moves, he completely absorbs the fighting style, masters it, and counters it perfectly. Like when he fought Redshirt in Taskmaster #4, who was a master of a Shi'ar fighting style that could not be countered by any Earth fighting styles. So Tony literally just took his and countered it, and basically one shot him.

No Caption Provided

-you haven't been right about anything. You've just gotten mad because I consider Moon Knight intimidating Taskmaster a win and that I consider two panels from JLA Avengers at least a fight which appeared Batman dominated Taskmaster.

You haven't proven me wrong on anything. You call use Moon Knight intimidating Taskmaster as evidence for him being more skilled. That is backwards logic at its finest, considering in the same arc Taskmaster absolutely embarrassed him. And when I showed that, you just backpedalled and went "oh yeah well he still won". And again, I'd appreciate it if you could show me this mysterious second panel, because I literally have the comic right here and there is one panel of Bruce kicking Taskmaster. And, for the last time, crossovers are not canon.

-you say I haven't got anything correct but I've read more about him than you can Google images is all. Daredevil, Deadpool, Captain America and Moon Knight have all bested him one way or another. He can be bested by a skilled enough peak human clearly. Batman likely has Cap's skill and physicals, Moon Knight’s intimidation, Daredevil's strategics, Deadpool's unpredictability plus 127 martial arts.

Except none of them have bested him in a straight up hand-to-hand fight with no interference. Daredevil kicked a non-serious Taskmaster into an oncoming truck, Deadpool nullifies Taskmaster's abilities, Captain America has only 'beaten him' straight up once in the recent PIS-fest that was Steve Rogers #3, and Moon Knight got his ass handed to him. You're trying to use all these specific scenarios as if they somehow apply to the battle here.

Also Batman has Deadpool's unpredictability, lol.

#68 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway, I think Taskmaster has way too much going for him here. A case could be made for Batman if he had prep and knew about Taskmaster's abilities.

Also....

Batman lost to Prometheus the first time they fought, and nearly lost the second time. In order to win, he had to rewrite the programs in Prometheus's helmet with the physical characteristics of Stephen Hawking. He clearly had to prepare for his second encounter, but he doesn't have that opportunity here. He also wouldn't be able to beat Taskmaster the same way he beat Prometheus.

As for Zeiss, he's in no way comparable to Taskmaster, based on comic book showings.

#70 Edited by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster should win.

#71 Edited by MarvelZ0mbie (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: Marvel vs DC was fan voted but had some indicative worthy moments like showcasing Batman's superior to marksmanship with a Batarang to Cap's shield imo. Most crossovers have legitimate feats.

-Spider-Woman is a class 3 fighter. Who are you trying to kid. Lol.

-Batman would say Cap COULD beat him because Cap COULD beat him (not would) because Batman was intellegent enough to realise Krona was pulling the strings. He countered every thing Cap did, even his strength and speed.

-and me or someone else is gonna prove you a liar when we produce that second panel from JLA Avengers #4. You will admit you were wrong but you'll probably come up with some other excuse.

-if fighting styles are useless against Taskmaster even ones he hasn't absorbed yet, even 127 of them, then how come Daredevil, Moon Knight, Captain America and Deadpool's fighting styles are so effective against him? because Batman is Red Shirt in your mind. They all bested him in a fight. Daredevil brought the fight to the street strategically. Captain America has beaten him many times.

-I don't believe I said Moon Knight is more skilled. If I did I erred but he did beat him with his intimidation ability.

#72 Posted by Apocofist (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie: So one unpredictable fighting style suddenly boost Bruce to Deadpool?

You don't understand how Wade's unpredictability works.

#73 Posted by TifaLockhart (21077 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster should. Photographic reflexes and all.

#74 Posted by Pipxeroth (9135 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie:

Marvel vs DC was fan voted but had some indicative worthy moments like showcasing Batman's superior to marksmanship with a Batarang to Cap's shield imo. Most crossovers have legitimate feats.

Doesn't matter, they are not canon. How many times do I have to spell it out for you?

-Spider-Woman is a class 3 fighter. Who are you trying to kid. Lol.

Your comment was that Bruce had superior physicals, as if it meant anything. I agree he is superior in lifting strength and possibly durability, but that's about it. In terms of striking power, Taskmaster one shotted Jessica Drew who is far above Bruce in the durability department. Physicals are not going to be a noteworthy factor in this fight.

-Batman would say Cap COULD beat him because Cap COULD beat him (not would) because Batman was intellegent enough to realise Krona was pulling the strings. He countered every thing Cap did, even his strength and speed.

Lol, so you're saying he lied? Okay then.

-and me or someone else is gonna prove you a liar when we produce that second panel from JLA Avengers #4. You will admit you were wrong but you'll probably come up with some other excuse.

If you can show it, I'll admit I'm wrong. I'm asking you to provide it, because I've gone over the comic numerous times and have no idea what you're talking about.

-if fighting styles are useless against Taskmaster even ones he hasn't absorbed yet, even 127 of them, then how come Daredevil, Moon Knight, Captain America and Deadpool's fighting styles are so effective against him? because Batman is Red Shirt in your mind. They all bested him in a fight. Daredevil brought the fight to the street strategically. Captain America has beaten him many times.

You're going in circles mate. Daredevil's fighting style was not effective against him, Tony was copying every single move immediately after Matt did it to show off. Moon Knight's fighting style was effective against him? LOL. If you would actually read the scans I've posted multiple times, Taskmaster mocks Moon Knight's fighting style, while beating the life out of him. Again, show me a single time other than in Steve Rogers #3 where Cap has actually decisively beaten Taskmaster. And again, trying to bring up Deadpool as if he is relevant to this battle at all?

-I don't believe I said Moon Knight is more skilled. If I did I erred but he did beat him with his intimidation ability.

I said Taskmaster takes Bruce to school, you sarcastically responded with "Like he took Moon Knight to school?", implying that he wasn't able to embarrass Marc in combat when he quite easily did. You were wrong, deal with it.

All you're doing is going "well these other guys beat Taskmaster, so Batman can do it too!" without accounting for any of the context in any of the fights, or in the case of someone like Moon Knight just be flat out incorrect. ABC doesn't work for street levelers, if you want to use that kind of logic go debate with abstract level characters.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
#75 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman sweeps...

#76 Edited by MarvelZ0mbie (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth:

-I don't care if you discount crossovers at all. If I consider it noteworthy and within reason I'm going to bring it up. Your not going to tell me what to do.

-Superior physicals are going to matter when combined with Class 7 fighting ability. Batman eats powered individuals like Spider-Woman for breakfast.

-I'm saying he considered he could lose. Funny you won't count the Moon Knight intimidation a win but you'll count Batman using an observation. Bit hypocritical on your part.

-Daredevil's fighting style was effective against Taskmaster and has been at least twice. Your in denial.

-Deal with it? Your makinG an assumption on what I implied. I don't imply. So your a liar now, putting words in my mouth.

-He didn't embrass Moon Knight. Moon Knight made Taskmaster cry.

-and Captain America has gotter the best of Taskmaster numerous times and sooner or later me or someone else is gonna post that and the 2nd panel in JLA Avengers 4 and your gonna eat your own words. Because not just those guys have done it too, Batman has already beaten Taskmaster.

#77 Posted by Pipxeroth (9135 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie:

-I don't care if you discount crossovers at all. If I consider it noteworthy and within reason I'm going to bring it up. Your not going to tell me what to do.

Lmao, it's not your choice. They aren't canon and nothing you say is going to change that.

-Superior physicals are going to matter when combined with Class 7 fighting ability.

How exactly are they going to matter? The only thing that is even somewhat relevant is superior lifting strength, and that's very unlikely to count for anything.

-I'm saying he considered he could lose. Funny you won't count the Moon Knight intimidation a win but you'll count Batman using an observation. Bit hypocritical on your part.

*sigh* Moon Knight didn't fight with Taskmaster and have Taskmaster say, ok you're better you win. Moon Knight won because just his appearance scared Taskmaster, which is trash writing anyway. Batman was fighting Cap and decided that Cap was able to beat him. They are not the same. And it is not canon.

-Daredevil's fighting style was effective against Taskmaster and has been at least twice. Your in denial.

You have literally no idea what you're talking about. Winning by kicking someone who wasn't taking a fight seriously into an oncoming truck does not mean 'your fighting style is effective against theirs' lol. I don't understand how you think fighting styles even matter, like I showed with the Redshirt scan, if Taskmaster is up against an actual fighting style that is effective against him, he can copy and counter it in a matter of seconds.

-Deal with it? Your makinG an assumption on what I implied. I don't imply. So your a liar now, putting words in my mouth.

So you're telling me that when I said Tasky takes him to school, and you responded with "Like he took Moon Knight to school?", you were saying that you agreed that Taskmaster is more skilled than both Bruce and Marc? Yeah... no.

-He didn't embrass Moon Knight. Moon Knight made Taskmaster cry.

My god it's like talking to a brick wall. Taskmaster beat the shit out of Moon Knight. That's embarrassing him. Moon Knight then showed up after crashing a plane and asked Taskmaster to kill him, and Taskmaster started crying.

Read the damn story mate.

-and Captain America has gotter the best of Taskmaster numerous times and sooner or later me or someone else is gonna post that and the 2nd panel in JLA Avengers 4 and your gonna eat your own words. Because not just those guys have done it too, Batman has already beaten Taskmaster.

You literally just repeated what you said before. I asked you to show one time other than in Steve Rogers #3 where Cap beat Taskmaster decisively (since he's apparently done so numerous times according to you), and you can't. I said I am inviting you to show me the 2nd panel you're talking about, and you're trying to go YEAH I'LL SHOW YOU! I'm literally asking you to show me. And hey, just in case I haven't said it enough times, crossovers aren't canon.

#78 Posted by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio

@apocofist: It's not even his unpredictability, Deadpool flat out confirmed how he does it. Back in Deadpool vol.1 #40 he explicitly claims he can make Taskmaster's photographic reflexes by "not fighting back", most likely meaning to move and dodge in a way that doesn't exactly showcases an intent in fighting him, but simply happens.

No Caption Provided

#79 Posted by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by Apocofist (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: Your probably just wasting your time.

Brick walls can only think so much.

#81 Posted by Pipxeroth (9135 posts) - - Show Bio

@apocofist: Eh, I don't really have much else to do heheh.

#82 Edited by MarvelZ0mbie (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: @pipxeroth:

-I might not decide if they are canon but don't get to decide if crossovers aren't canon. If they were they'd seriously hurt your argument.

-seems like whatever you don't like you want everyone to consider "trash writing". Fact is Moon Knight made Taskmaster cry. Thats embarassing. Batman isn't losing to a guy who cries lol. Pretty sure Squirrel Girl has defeated Taskmaster as well.

-even though in Captain America #44 Taskmaster got off to a good start, Cap gave him something he never seen and WON by knocking him off a bridge.

-I can't post pictures that's what's holding back my argument but it doesn't make me wrong. But since you called me out I'll humble you, off the top of my head Captain America dominated Taskmaster in

-Battle Scars #2

-Captain America : Steve Rogers #3 Aug 2016

-Power Pack Assembled #1, (2006)

and there's more

-So according to you because you decide everything... Even one who knows dozens more fighting styles, even producing unknown moves can't defeat Taskmaster because Taskmaster can mimic it. I don't buy that. What's stopping Batman from not giving him something to mimic, or effectively using something Taskmaster hasn't seen. Taskmaster absorbs moves, not entire styles without witnessing it.

#83 Posted by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie: His fight with Steve in Battle Scars #2 and #3 is almost useless to make a case against Taskmaster, not only Taskmaster wasn't even paying attention to him 90% of the time during the fight, but the fact the fight was also inconclusive. His "fight" in Captain America: Steve Rogers #3, Taskmaster didn't even fight back and Steve ambushed him when he wasn't paying attention to him and exploited his new toys on a Taskmaster that wasn't even ready to fight and was only there to gain some info, as he confirmed later on. Avengers & Power Pack Assembled #1 not only is non-canon as it happened in Earth-5631, which is a completely different Taskmaster, but the fact Taskmaster was actually about to beat the crap out of Captain America if it wasn't because the Power Pack got involved.

You're actually being extremely dense about all of this. In fact, if you're going to cite his fights with Captain America, why not cite his first encounter against the Avengers during Avengers vol.1 #196 when he flat out proved to be superior speed and combat-wise or what about his 2nd encounter Captain America vol.3 #44 when he flat out humiliated him to the point of almost killing him within seconds? Or what about the fact he was fighting Bucky and Captain America just fine during Avengers Initiative #34?

#84 Posted by TheLeftOver (99 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: As far as i'm concerned, @ghostravage is right. Taskmaster didn't fight Steve per se, not a single counter was visible from Taskmaster besides asking about Steve's new shield. I don't think the instance is even mentionable regarding the subject.

Either way, i think Taskmaster should win a healthy majority within very close scenarios.

#85 Edited by Pipxeroth (9135 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie:

-I might not decide if they are canon but don't get to decide if crossovers aren't canon. If they were they'd seriously hurt your argument.

Lol, you actually think that crossovers are used in debates. Okay then. Congratulations, you're the only person on comicvine who actually fails to realise that crossovers are non-canon and we don't debate with them.

-seems like whatever you don't like you want everyone to consider "trash writing". Fact is Moon Knight made Taskmaster cry. Thats embarassing. Batman isn't losing to a guy who cries lol. Pretty sure Squirrel Girl has defeated Taskmaster as well.

Sigh, you really have no idea what I'm talking about, do you. I'm done trying to explain it to you. Embarrassing someone = stomping them in a fight. That's what Taskmaster did to Moon Knight. And squirrel girl has also defeated Thanos and Dr Doom, so...

-I can't post pictures that's what's holding back my argument but it doesn't make me wrong.

What's holding back your argument is you having no idea what you're talking about.

-Battle Scars #2

Taskmaster wasn't even focusing on Cap lol. He was putting all his attention on killing his target while Cap tried to fight him, and Maria Hill came in and blasted him. Again, not a conclusive 1v1 battle.

-Captain America : Steve Rogers #3 Aug 2016

I literally said show me ones beside this one. This was PIS in every way imaginable.

-Power Pack Assembled #1, (2006)

Lol, Taskmaster was defeating Cap in that too before he was saved by the Power Pack. In fact Taskmaster was actually doing incredibly well against them, and managed to get away unharmed.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

I'll be happy to wait for these other ones you keep mentioning though, since there are apparently so many times of Cap proving he can defeat Taskmaster in a 1v1...

-So according to you because you decide everything... Even one who knows dozens more fighting styles, even producing unknown moves can't defeat Taskmaster because Taskmaster can mimic it. I don't buy that. What's stopping Batman from not giving him something to mimic, or effectively using something Taskmaster hasn't seen. Taskmaster absorbs moves, not entire styles without witnessing it.

It doesn't matter if you "don't buy it", because that's literally how his power works. It was painfully obvious during Taskmaster vol. 2 that his powers worked that way. You said you'd read his comics, but I seriously question that since you seem to lack a basic understanding of his powers.

#86 Edited by Pipxeroth (9135 posts) - - Show Bio

@theleftover: @ghostravage: Whoops looks like I got ninja'd, heh. Wasn't aware the power pack thing was non-canon though. I never bothered reading it because I didn't like the art.

#87 Posted by Apocofist (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/guide-to-posting-images-through-your-phone-tablet-1532412/

Just copy this link and paste it to go to a guide that teaches you on how to post scans on a phone or tablet.

Let's see those Taskmaster vs. Cap fights shall we?

#88 Edited by MarvelZ0mbie (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: I'm being dense about this? Lol. Comic Vine is ridiculous! You guys make outlandish statements as to a character's abilities then never back it up and the worst part is nothing counts. Nothing is conclusive. Well news flash by your logic nothing will ever be conclusive. Hardly does a writer write a villain losing fair and square negating any interest for that character to return. Here we have at least four fights off the top of my head where Cap dominated Taskmaster, two with Daredevil, one with Moon Knight and several with Dead Pool and one actually with Batman himself that by your standards all don't count, or are inconclusive for one reason or another. At the very least they are indicative. Those are street levelers dominating Taskmaster. I'm not here to convince you guys. You can live in LA La land all you want but the point is being able to mimic moves hardly ever wins Taskmaster the fight. Can't convince a bunch of people who see what they want and discount everything that they don't agree with.

#89 Edited by MarvelZ0mbie (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth: What's holding back your argument is you have to discount nearly every appearance Taskmaster has made other than his debut in order for him to look good and have never been defeated.

What's painfully obvious here, other than your thick headed bias and picking and choosing what everyone here can consider, is that Taskmaster does not obtain entire martial arts from observing one move. He obtains the move only. He would have to observe every move from that art to obtain that art. He would have to observe 127 arts without getting taken out in the meantime. But I can't argue with stupid. Only Taskmaster's first fight with the Avengers counts I guess. Yknow the one where he knocked everyone down and ran away. No wait, have to see it like you do, he beat the entire Avengers single handedly and escaped. He has never been beaten (rolls eyes)

#90 Posted by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie:

I'm being dense about this? Lol. Comic Vine is ridiculous!

The irony though...

You guys make outlandish statements as to a character's abilities then never back it up and the worst part is nothing counts. Nothing is conclusive. Well news flash by your logic nothing will ever be conclusive. Hardly does a writer write a villain losing fair and square negating any interest for that character to return.

Do you actually know what an inconclusive fight is? Is a fight that never ended with no clear upper hand on either of the characters involved in said fight. His fight with Captain America in Battle Scars was inconclusive because Taskmaster was not paying attention to Captain America to begin with. I don't understand the relevance of the last sentence. Regardless, i can prove everything i state, you on the other hand can't seem to restrain yourself from making vague assumptions, misusing instances and flat out mutilating context in Taskmaster's fight. Judging by your posts, i can confidently claim you do not seem to be very knowledgeable on him in the first place.

Here we have at least four fights off the top of my head where Cap dominated Taskmaster, two with Daredevil, one with Moon Knight and several with Dead Pool and one actually with Batman himself that by your standards all don't count, or are inconclusive for one reason or another.

Yet @pipxeroth already showcased the reasons why all those fights were either not fights at all because there wasn't an actual interchange of punches and whatnot, but also fights that are hardly consistent with the same characters involved. Taskmaster has proven flat out superior to Captain America three times already and they only have 4 encounters in which 1 of them wasn't a fight given Taskmaster didn't fight back, 1 of them was inconclusive and 2 of them Taskmaster either beat the crap out of him or simply was superior in every way. Taskmaster has had 2 encounters against Daredevil in which both Daredevil simply took advantage of the plot to beat Taskmaster, the first encounter from Daredevil vol.1 #293, Daredevil managed to beat him by exploiting the fact Taskmaster was bragging about his ability and made him get hit by a speeding USV, not exactly beating him fair and square like Taskmaster has done to people like Captain America. The second encounter happened in Daredevil vol.1 #318 where Taskmaster couldn't even fight Matt precisely because he had an entire team of low-life villains with powerful gear getting in his way. Hell, Taskmaster lost because Daredevil exploited cockroaches inside Stiltman's suit throwing his entire strategy to shit. It was already explained to you that his encounter with Moon Knight between Moon Knight vol.3 #5 and #6: The Bottom, Taskmaster beat the shit out of him and when Moon Knight returned for a rematch Taskmaster didn't even fight back nor did Moon Knight. You're purposely mutilating EVERYTHING that happened in the issues to fit your twisted view about Taskmaster, when you can't even get how his powers right.

I don't even know why Deadpool is being mentioned, i already posted the scan of Deadpool flat out claiming how he nullifies Taskmaster's powers and the fact only Deadpool and Alex Hayden, the latter happening to have half of Deadpool's mind inside of him, are the only 2 characters in the entirety of Taskmaster's publication that can successfully cancel his photographic reflexes.

No Caption Provided

This is not a factor that can be interchangeable between characters and is certainly not something you can use to diminish Taskmaster's ability to fight. Even though Deadpool is very skilled on his own right, the fact he can outfight Taskmaster is precisely because he knows how to cancel his photographic reflexes and is the sole character capable of this. All of this said, i hope you're aware Taskmaster stomped the shit out of Deadpool before he understood how to cancel his powers. INTER-COMPANY CROSSOVERS A NON-CANON FOR THE CHARACTERS INVOLVED.

At the very least they are indicative. Those are street levelers dominating Taskmaster. I'm not here to convince you guys.

You're not here to convince anyone, your premise is absurd and seemingly ignorant towards Taskmaster. You need to pick his books instead of googling his fights.

You can live in LA La land all you want but the point is being able to mimic moves hardly ever wins Taskmaster the fight. Can't convince a bunch of people who see what they want and discount everything that they don't agree with.

By subconsciously developing perfect counters before Bruce even attempts to attack him. He has done as much in the past as he showcased back in Taskmaster vol.2 #2. The fact Cassandra Cain exploited this same trait means Taskmaster, of all people, can do as much on an easier degree.

No Caption Provided

Batman can't counter something he's not expecting to be countered in the first place. He's a superb martial artist, but he's not that impressive against someone which by default knows more martial arts and fighting styles than him and has a precognitive ability for movements he sees. Considering the fact he masters movements just by barely looking at them, this should be taken into account for most of the battle.

#91 Posted by MarvelZ0mbie (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: pretty sad when your only argument is ;every fight Taskmaster lost was inconclusive and therefore not indicative of anything. If that's what you have to peddle to convince people he can defeat Batman then that is weak and you aren't convincing anyone.

#92 Posted by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie:

pretty sad when your only argument is ;every fight Taskmaster lost was inconclusive and therefore not indicative of anything.

That's the point, the fights you're citing are NOT examples of how a fight would go here because they are either inconclusive or had strong context behind. I'm not discarding everything but you MUST acknowledge the fact those instances are context heavy or flat out useless to formulate a decent argument. You're stretching the instances.

If that's what you have to peddle to convince people he can defeat Batman then that is weak and you aren't convincing anyone.

Judging by the fact you have a low post count, you didn't know how to post images and your views on this subject are rather outdated and seemingly biased, i'm going to assume you're new here and you don't know i've been convincing people for over 2 years now in matches like this one. I'm going to post 2 arguments i made in favor of Taskmaster against Cassandra Cain and Batman himself to showcase the 2 main advantages Taskmaster has here and why he should win. That said, take what you need from the arguments and ignore possible aggressive tone and things irrelevant to your points, obviously, these arguments were not originally intended to be towards you.

==============================================================================================================================

This is from the Battle of the Week: Cassandra Cain vs Taskmaster thread.

Taskmaster should take the majority here for a number of reasons and even though both characters are pretty damn skilled in their own right, which coupled with their ability to track and read movements up to uncanny levels makes them some of the deadliest martial artists any character could face, Taskmaster is simply better in what both of these characters excel at. That said, Taskmaster is certainly the most skilled of both characters and the gear advantage should not be ignored nor the deadlier parts of his own power set. While i can agree Cassandra Cain is up there with Taskmaster in move reading, Tony's powers don't stop there and he can apply his Photographic Reflexes in a much more efficient way if needed, while combating an equally skilled character. Cassandra's movement reading ability only allows her to predict movements as well as copy some of them which is just the basic layers of Taskmaster's powerset which in return allows him not only to predict movements but also subconsciously develop perfect counters for movements he has already seen as well as store the movement in question in his mind and download it whenever it is needed.

The most relevant factor about this is the fact the fight will turn harder and harder for Cassandra given Taskmaster will be absorbing her skill off the bat, unawarely analyzing every twitch of her body and increasing his practical reaction to those movements whereas Cassandra will certainly be on the back end of this spectrum considering the extremely wide amount of skills Taskmaster has absorbed and has the ability to interchange completely different fighting styles in the heat of combat. Moreover, Cassandra has absolutely no counter for Taskmaster's most overpowered ability which allows him to discharge every single fighting style, martial art doctrine and combat movement absorbed into a single combat style, literally, as he proved against Red Shirt during Taskmaster vol.2 #4 and this is beyond impressive considering Red Shirt already had study Taskmaster for years, which allowed him to know every single detail about his power set as well as the combat techniques he absorbed and this, in a sense, is partially applicable to the movement reading ability Cassandra might exploit in this fight.

No Caption Provided

Cassandra hasn't fought anyone with this ability and the capability of transforming an amalgamation of fighting styles into the absolute deadliest, most erratic and unpredictable yet insanely effective fighting style ever showcased in a comic book and for this reason is why Taskmaster is flat out leagues above her in martial arts and in this scenario this will play a rather key factor in determining who is going to win. Likewise, as previously mentioned, the ability of developing counters would prove exceedingly consequential in this fight as he showcased during Taskmaster vol.2 #2 when he managed to develop a counter just by looking at the stance of the enemy, just because he already saw the movement before.

No Caption Provided

Moving onto the gear usage, Taskmaster's best bet is his shield and his flashbangs, the latter as both as explosive and as magnesium bars that would allow him to get Cassandra unexpected, blinding her when the time comes and take advantage of the situation. Everyone knows how explosive works, but his belt-built flash is indeed the best one and it was used on Iron Man, Captain America, Wonder Man, Vision, Ms. Marvel, Yellow Jacket and Wasp back in Avengers vol.1 #196.

No Caption Provided

This is important because the flare not only blinds people for several seconds, but also does to people which is actually protected against blinding attacks of similar nature like Iron Man, which by his own admission took him seconds to reorientate his systems even though he had polarized shields in his eyes to protect his vision, which means Cassandra has no means to figure this out before Taskmaster uses it. Likewise, the use of flashbangs might as well be expected considering the consistency in which Taskmaster employs explosive as an opening move in combat and this is when things turn even harder for Cassandra and should get overwhelmed. With all of this being said, the cherry on top of the cake is the fact Taskmaster is able to move as fast as Spider-Man by his own admission and proved on panel when he battled Spider-Man toe to toe during Marvel Team Up vol.1 #103, making Spider-Man recur to his obvious strength advantage to overpower him and still losing at the end. This is also arguably a pretty decent proof that taskmaster is indeed able to speed up his reactions and movements whenever he feels like it either for short of prolonged bursts of speed, therefore, Cassandra shouldn't have any advantage whatsoever in this match considering her forte is something Taskmaster already has on a much higher degree and speed, which Taskmaster is arguably faster and if not, can easily surpass or duplicate.

All in all, Taskmaster has the skill advantage, the gear advantage and the most effective application of both factors between both characters as well. Cassandra, while an exceptional martial artist and certainly a deadly one, she just doesn't have the proper counters for what Taskmaster brings to the table here and even time is working against her and this is not mentioning the fact Taskmaster can also perform outside the human boundaries to the point he moves like people who needed to go through physiognomic alterations, including bone structure and density to move a certain way without suffering from any struggle whatsoever, also applying incredibly lethal Shi'Ar techniques of combat. He should be able to be at the winning end almost the entire match and ultimately beat her through skill and gear usage.

Taskmaster should win.

====================================================================================================================

This is from another Batman vs Taskmaster thread posted a couple of days ago.

Nobody said is out of character for him to use stealth and new tactics, but you're indeed stretching what he has done while claiming it would turn into a hide and seek match when 90% of his noteworthy publication against characters revolve around the fact he fights them head on and uses one or two gadgets against them, most likely normal batarangs or explosive ones.

I'm not assuming anything, i just come up with the same case-scenario you came by assuming something. As far as the match goes, it is probably a plain area and Batman shouldn't be able to take advantage the way you're implying. Hell, he doesn't even need to go on higher ground he simply fight Batman inside the smoke cloud if the situation takes place as his reflexes allow him to react twice as fast as humans would and this was confirmed since very easily in his publication, more accurately in The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe vol.1 #11.

No Caption Provided

I'm not underestimating his gadgets, all i'm saying is gadgets will only take him so far and that using them in this fight is expected but not bound to be a game changer as Taskmaster is indeed adept in fighting people with gadgets and fighting teams composed of several super human beings each of them bringing something to the fight. I already told you his finger taser won't do much against Taskmaster because simply put, Taskmaster is too fast to be tagged by them and his suit is insulated since his fight with Jessica Drew years ago, as showcased back in Spider-Woman Origin #2 when he employed it for the first time against her.

No Caption Provided

Before you go ahead and claim he wasn't affected because he blocked the attack, the swords are indeed high conductors of electricity as showcased right after this issue in Spider-Woman Origin #3 when she needed to stab him with his own sword to get pass his insulated suit and this was about 4 to 5 years before current times in Marvel canon.

No Caption Provided

How is Batman having the advantage in gadgets, why are you assuming Taskmaster, someone who was introduced and has stayed as an Avenger team buster to the point of hiring him to train new avengers to begin with, won't have any counter-measures or at the very least know what to do in simplistic scenarios like fighting inside a smoke cloud for starters? Stealth, again, is not really up for debate, Batman doesn't simply go into stealth against his foes, he almost never does that to anyone with a relevant name fighting him. Prometheus, Deathstroke, Jackal, Lady Shiva and others, he just simply doesn't go into stealth out of nowhere, although he does take advantage of this if the scenario is very dark, specially as an opener.

As per the scans, he has used his gear several times but before posting everything, you need to take into account this is what was confirmed Taskmaster carries with him on regular basis, as stated in his handbook entry from The All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe vol.1 #11.

No Caption Provided

The trick arrows were blatantly visible in his fight with Spider-Man back in Marvel Team Up #146 where he used wired arrows to incapacitate foes, explosive arrows, and normal arrows against Spider-Man himself, ultimately getting a strong upperhand when he used a sonic arrow equipped with a surprise gas trap capable of knocking people out for hours.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Also, he used trick arrows in his very first fight against the Avengers against Iron Man with a disrupting arrow and against Jocasta with a electro-shaft arrow during Avengers #196, it worths to note that he also was fighting Captain America and Iron Man at the same time and managed to shoot that arrow against Iron Man while also fighting Captain America, which means he must have done it incredibly fast, even more so when he blatantly noted he could do so with his reflexes.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Nonetheless, we can also appreciate some of his trick arrows back in House of M: Avengers #3 when he used shocking arrows, nitric acid arrows, explosive arrows and paralyzing arrows against Luke Cage and even though this was an altered reality through Wanda's wishes in Earth-58163, Taskmaster's origin wasn't altered in the slightest and he was still packing the same powerset, gear and knowledge he always had.

Anyways, he also used flashbangs against Spider-Man back in Amazing Spider-Man vol.1 #308 when he was fighting an extremely angry Spider-Man ultimately setting magnesium flare off coupled with some ammunition that was laying around on the floor to make his escape.

No Caption Provided

As per the frag grenades, i already mentioned his fight with Captain America from Battle Scars #2 where he used it to surprise Captain America and distract him while he was attempting to assassinate his target let alone also using throwing stars, much like batarangs... Even though i'm posting all of this, i have a strong feeling that you still won't acknowledge what i'm showing you, because i've shown you exactly everything you've asked for and you're still looking Taskmaster the same way...

No Caption Provided

There you go, from classic to modern days, he's been using his gear against super powered people and in smart ways. Nonetheless, he stomped another team of super powered people including one that is confirmed to be extremely skilled in fighting and whose sole purpose is knowing all martial arts known to men and their application, namely Melee, back in Avengers Initiative #9, while using smoke bombs himself and throwing paraphernalia, meaning he's more than capable of fighting inside a cloud of smoke, as he choses to do it himself.

No Caption Provided

Moving deeper onto the gear usage, Taskmaster' also has his flashbangs, the latter both as explosive and as magnesium bars that would allow him to get Batman unexpected, blinding her when the time comes and take advantage of the situation. Everyone knows how explosive works, but his belt-built flash is indeed the best one and it was used on Iron Man, Captain America, Wonder Man, Vision, Ms. Marvel, Yellow Jacket and Wasp at the same time back in Avengers vol.1 #196.

No Caption Provided

This is important because the flare not only blinds people for several seconds, but also does to people which is actually protected against blinding attacks of similar nature like Iron Man, which by his own admission took him seconds to reorientate his systems even though he had polarized shields in his eyes to protect his vision, which means Batman has no means to figure this out before Taskmaster uses it.

No Caption Provided

Is this enough gear for you, because there's actually more instances i can draw upon you. In fact, i don't think i need to, i'm positive Batman does not have a counter for a custom-made magnesium bar capable of blinding Iron Man's armor which also had shields protecting him from those types of attacks in particular.

=============================================================================================================================

There's a lot more instances to drag skill and gear feats from. Batman will not operate as good as you're implying when Taskmaster has what it takes to beat him solidly, within understandably close scenarios.

#93 Edited by MarvelZ0mbie (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Judging by the fact that you have a relatively high post count you waste your life on Comic Vine trying to convince people that all the times Taskmaster lost don't count, that Taskmaster > Cap, Cap = Batman therefore Taskmaster > Batman. That being able to mimic moves alone > 127 mastered arts. Alledging Taskmaster knows more martial arts which hasn't been verified. Denouncing that Batman could simply not give him anything to mimic and dodge his attacks. Looking the other way in regards to Batman having superior physicals by using ABC logic to compare him to super humans like Spider-Woman who are only Class 3 fighters. Also Taskmaster can counter moves, not predict them. When he fights individuals who can predict moves, he loses, likw when he lost to Mr. X. When Batman fights opponents who can predict his moves he wins ex; Philo Zeiss. He also fought Hitman but I forget how that turned out, doesn't matter besides we are getting off topic because neither Batman nor Taskmaster can predict moves.

So your using ABC logic, seeing what you want to see, stretching and picking and choosing and trying to act like some veteran of winning arguments of super heroes on Comic Vine, only capable of googling scans without having actually read enough to admit this character loses all the time, when you should probably be more concerned with going for a walk.

#94 Posted by uugieboogie (13023 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony

#95 Edited by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie:

Judging by the fact that you have a relatively high post count you waste your life on Comic Vine trying to convince people that all the times Taskmaster lost don't count, that Taskmaster > Cap, Cap = Batman therefore Taskmaster > Batman.

Having the post count i have in a time span of almost 4 years makes it a relatively lose count post to begin with and the fact you're recurring to ad hominem bullshit is enough to notice you're running out of arguments and you're just being purposely dense and extremely partial towards one side. I don't even need to explain myself over the fact i have this post count, it is completely irrelevant. That said though, it doesn't make your notions any less benighted. Regardless, Taskmaster solidly beating Captain America isn't even the argument, i already posted the reason why he should beat Batman and i didn't mention his fights with Captain America, you on the other hand, can't help yourself from repeating yourself over and over while nitpicking instances, on top of that some of them non-canon to begin with. Amazing.

That being able to mimic moves alone > 127 mastered arts.

I'm sorry, but mastering 127 martial arts is great, having very keen mastery on almost as much as Batman while on top of it having several fighting styles which add to the creativity of employing said martial arts coupled with a rather extensive amount of gear he uses on regular basis in conjunction is what is actually much more impressive than simply mastering martial arts. Either way, you're completely neglecting the fact his powers are not only mimicking movements, but also developing perfect counters subconsciously in less than seconds.

Alledging Taskmaster knows more martial arts which hasn't been verified.

Taskmaster is one of the 3 characters that were flat out confirmed to know every single martial art known to men, as well as knowing alien combat styles from the Shi'ar Empire. This was confirmed back in the All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z #11 when he was attributed 7 points in fighting ability... This is important because Marvel is extremely cautious to give 7 points to someone in any category and only 3 characters in the entirety of Marvel's publication has been attributed this much. Likewise, Marvel was painfully explicit in confirming Taskmaster can VIRTUALLY PREDICT HIS ENEMIES'S ATTACKS, which means you're once again talking out of your ass, you ignorant peasant.

No Caption Provided

Regardless, just to let you know, 7 points in fighting ability indicates the character in question is "Master of all forms of combat", which is greater than knowing 127 martial arts as far as statements goes, specially since this is coming from an official reviewed biographical entry.

No Caption Provided

Denouncing that Batman could simply not give him anything to mimic and dodge his attacks.

I don't even know what the hell you're implying by saying "Batman gives him nothing to copy". Nothing has been able to stop Taskmaster from copying movements, specially considering he managed to flat out mimic alien fighting styles that required extreme torture to awake parts of the brain humans can't use as far as combat goes and on top of that, the user must have bone structure modifications to become lighter yet denser to fight that way, on top of it stated to be a rather insanely complex fighting style to be simply copied yet Taskmaster copied it without any problems.

Looking the other way in regards to Batman having superior physicals by using ABC logic to compare him to super humans like Spider-Woman who are only Class 3 fighters.

Um... Spider-Woman was simply a feat to show off Taskmaster' striking strength, not his skill.

Also Taskmaster can counter moves, not predict them.

This was already addressed, Mr. Dense.

When he fights individuals who can predict moves, he loses, likw when he lost to Mr. X.

Wrong and willfully ignorant... I'm starting to think this is an actual tendency with you. First of all, Taskmaster lost to Mr. X because he didn't know he could read brain patterns and exploited like telepathy, hence why he took advantage of it and managed to overpower him, but that in no way means he loses to people who can predict his movements. Take for example his fight against his own daughter Finesse which has the exact same powers as Taskmaster, which he didn't know but she actually studied him to the point of knowing almost everything from him back in Avengers Academy #9 while he was severely holding back just to see what she was bringing to the fight.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

She can predict movements and still was helpless against Taskmaster, who was holding back against her. Moreover, he also did the same against Red Shirt back in Taskmaster vol.2 #4, considering by Red Shirt's own admission he studied Taskmaster for years and knew every single one of his movements, yet was unable to beat him even though he was basically a meta-human with an inhumane amount of skills and was ultimately one shot'd.

So... Are you going to keep ignoring the fact what you're stating makes no sense whatsoever and the fact it is also poorly founded and seemingly ignorant? There's enough proof to claim all of this shit, you can't possibly expect to keep pushing your agenda without even having a solid ground to stand.

When Batman fights opponents who can predict his moves he wins ex; Philo Zeiss.

Of course, that's why he was so good against Cassandra Cain right? I mean, i'm assuming that you actually know who Cassandra Cain is and how Batman explicitly explained back in Batgirl vol.1 #9 how she could virtually predict anyone's movements because she was trained to do so since she was a child. Meaning she has almost the same abilities as Taskmaster.

No Caption Provided

This said, did you actually forget how Batman couldn't land a single hit on her after she managed to reactivate her abilities in the same issue, to the point he didn't even know what the hell just happened? What's stopping Taskmaster from doing the exact same, but on top of it actually countering his attacks with other attacks instead of just dodging him? He was already confirmed to be able to develop counters for movements he has already seen, which means that at some points in this match he will be able to simply counter pretty damn easily what Batman brings.

He also fought Hitman but I forget how that turned out, doesn't matter besides we are getting off topic because neither Batman nor Taskmaster can predict moves.

Taskmaster can predict movements. Batman should be able to do the same on a much lesser degree. Stop spouting nonsense you obviously know shit about. My god.

So your using ABC logic, seeing what you want to see, stretching and picking and choosing and trying to act like some veteran of winning arguments of super heroes on Comic Vine, only capable of googling scans without having actually read enough to admit this character loses all the time, when you should probably be more concerned with going for a walk.

You're projecting, you're willfully ignorant and a mythomane. Idiocy is the only word capable of describing your arguments here.

#96 Edited by MarvelZ0mbie (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

-I like how you even attempt to discount Mr. X defeating Taskmaster. I'm starting to notice a trend here. Nothing counts. Especially Taskys losses... right....

-Taskmaster never solidly defeated Captain America. Captain America dominated him in Captain America #44, Battle Scars #2, and Captain America Steve Rogers #3. Take off your rose colored glasses.

-Taskmaster cannot predict attacks. That is not one of his super powers. Notice the word 'virtually'. He can virtually do it just like any Class 5 to 7 could and it has to be someone he already studied and that would take a very long time against someone with 127 martial arts Perfected and all forms mastered. In that time Tony with his intellegence of 4 is not going to get caught off guard against strategist with an IQ of 192 every time?

-what I meant about earlier when I said Batman could simply give him nothing mimic was when he realized Taskmaster mimics abilities what's to stop him from switching to evasive dodges with no tell Tales. Tony wouldn't be able to absorb his abilities then. Then he could switch to gadgets until he throws a move Tony has never seen before.

-your really stretching if you think he has been exposed to more martial arts based on that chart

-now your using Cassandra Cain for ABC logic. She is not Taskmaster plus listening to your skewed interpretation of her spars with Batman will likely be as wrong as your interpretation of the fights Taskmaster lost to Captain America. Cassandra Cain and Taskm aster cannot predict moves like Mr. X and Philo Zeiss. Cain and Taskmaster react. Virtually or whatever. Quickly or whatnot. Taskmaster develops perfect counters the same way any fighter does. That is not his super power. His power is to mimic moves and only entire skill sets if he's exposed to iT. Otherwise he would have never been hit. I suppose you would like people to believe he let's people hit him.

-cool how your attempting to insult me. Frustrated much? LI key because your wrong.

#97 Posted by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelz0mbie: You know, i think i've explained myself way too much with you. You can dig yourself in your own spewed bullshit, just make sure to drag your terribly mediocre debating skills with you.

I'm done.

#98 Posted by MarvelZ0mbie (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: you were done when you started referencing hyperbole, using ABC logic, picking and choosing his victories over his losses and seeing things with rose colored glasses.

#99 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio

GhostRavage and Pipxeroth bodied this thread.

#100 Posted by Apocofist (3028 posts) - - Show Bio