Taskmaster (Black Widow) vs Captain America (MCU)

• 54 results
law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By law1602

Taskmaster (Antonia Dreykov) vs all of the Captain Americas we have seen in the MCU

R1: H2H Combat

R2: Standard gear and weapons (Cap's shield, Taskmaster's arsenal, etc)

R3 Captain Falcon vs Taskmaster (Captain America gear)

R4: Winter Soldier vs Taskmaster (Bucky is in WS mode, has standard weapons)

R5: US Agent vs Taskmaster (John gets shield and pistol)

Win by KO

Who wins?

Also, spoilers if you haven't seen Black Widow

law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I want to mention, the film is already released in some countries (ex: Singapore, UK)

law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Well I am American, greatest country in the US of A, and I can’t see this until tomorrow.

law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By law1602

I will leave this thread open for discussion

Avatar image for chicago_bastard
chicago_bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely beats Falcon and US Agent.

Ranking MCU Taskmaster's chances against skilled super soldiers is a bit iffy though when pulling some nearly superhuman feats (ragdolling Nat in the bridge fight, sending legit super soldier Red Guardian flying) without being a super soldier. Maybe like with Crossbones the suits kinda enhance their punches.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskie was superhumam at some degree. But RG was holding his own against her. Cap eventually.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it’s a weird gray area, taskmaster doesn’t seem superhuman, but he annihilated Red Guardian who was very superhuman. So he’d at least beat anyone short of Prime Cap.

Steve might get the win just via hype of being top dog in the universe.

King-Jagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why you're making a Taskmaster fight right now, nobody has seen the new Black Widow movie yet.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cap would win but the Taskmaster would make him work for it.

AllHellKingDox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster is hard to rank also it definitely is a super soldier.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king-jagi: you say rhat but four people have commented with answers implying they’ve seen it

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watched the movie

Taskmaster is not as skilled as Black Widow as shown by their final fight (she disarmed her while being extremely injured, and while holding back). Taskmaster seems to be portrayed as having a similar stat level to the supersoldiers, and while having all of their skill levels combined. I’m not sure where to place her overall to be honest.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: considering nat performance against the other widows I think losing to her isn’t a bad feat after all. Also remember that nat wasn’t trying to fight at all just to unmask her .

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mexcomics2078: Nat didn’t lose to her though. She started their first fight injured from the car exploding and getting flipped, and with almost no gear while Taskmaster was fresh and had full gear. Widow got overpowered physically and BFR’ed, she never lost in skill.

Their second fight Widow was extremely injured from her aforementioned fight with the other Widows, and this time she was holding back and not trying to actually hurt her, yet Widow disarmed her without much difficulty, and outmaneuvered her so well she managed to unlock her helmet. Widow proved she was superior as far as skill goes.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: I think I didn’t explained myself well lol. I was trying to say TM skill isn’t that bad considering nat performance against the other widows, and that losing to nat isn’t a bad feat after all for TM skill wise. And yeah Widow is the most skilled character here. And maybe yelena considering they had a close fight in Budapest scene

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@mexcomics2078: yep I agree. Sorry I misunderstood your statement.

Yelena to me is right below Widow considering their fight and how evenly matched they were.

I’m still not sure where Taskmaster would stop, but she’d definitely give any Cap a run for his money due to her superior skill level.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: sure yelena is below nat considering nat was avoiding and blocking most of her attacks but the gap is minimal. Personally I think Cap would beat TM due to better stats and comparable skill imo. But is a decent fight

GrandTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America wins. He can take on any super soldier in the MCU

law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chicago_bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@law1602: I think TM has the best showing against a super soldier out of these three. We have reason to believe Alexei had advanced training as the Red Guardian so I'd put him above Flagsmasher mooks despite him not being in his best shape. So that fight alone puts her above Wilson and Walker. Add the fight against Nat who is far more skilled than these two and it's practically a stomp.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@mexcomics2078: Cap would only beat Taskmaster due to stats at this point in hand to hand cuz Taskmaster has the skill level of Cap himself plus many others. Black Widow’s superior skill was the only thing that stopped her from getting cut up by her sword, Cap doesn’t benefit from the same skill advantage so I don’t see Cap winning a fight with Taskmaster where they both have gear.

chicago_bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mexcomics2078: Nat didn’t lose to her though. She started their first fight injured from the car exploding and getting flipped, and with almost no gear while Taskmaster was fresh and had full gear. Widow got overpowered physically and BFR’ed, she never lost in skill.

Their second fight Widow was extremely injured from her aforementioned fight with the other Widows, and this time she was holding back and not trying to actually hurt her, yet Widow disarmed her without much difficulty, and outmaneuvered her so well she managed to unlock her helmet. Widow proved she was superior as far as skill goes.

In the first fight Nat did get outskilled for most of the fight. She got easily disarmed of her gun and her knife, almost every attack of hers was blocked, best represented when her signature move got easily reversed. But that was the whole point of the scene, she had an opponent who could read her movements and was caught unaware by it.

In the second fight she knew what she's up against and adapted her style.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chicago_bastard: well the first fight she was in a lethal car accident and was KO’ed immediately before the fight began, and she had extremely minimal gear while Taskmaster was fully equipped and completely fresh, plus Widow had no knowledge of her fighting style while Taskmaster had the advantage of knowing exactly how Widow fights.

The second fight you’re correct that Widow adapted her style, but Widow completely dominated in skill during the second fight, and she wasn’t even trying to harm Taskmaster (plus she was also badly injured during this fight as well due to her fight with the other Widow’s happening almost immediately before this).

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the clip I saw on YT, Aleksei got his ass handed to him on a silver platter. My guy didn’t land a single hit…

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen the film but doesn't Widow beating Taskmaster create a Paradox

First it is assumed that Taskmaster is automatically superior to Cap, Bucky or Panther in skill just because she has photographic memory and can copy their fighting styles

But then that should also have made her easily beat Nat because she would just copy Nat. However Nat apparently still beats her in the end despite holding back and Nat is assumed to be superior to her in skill. How is that even possible since she can copy skill? Nat also doesn't have super strength to bypass any skill advantage.

This means Cap, Panther or Bucky could also potentially beat Taskmater since at least Cap is Nat's peer in skill or maybe even superior. Cap also has super human stats to argument his abilities. Why is it assumed that Taskmaster automatically beats the super soldiers due to skill mimicry

chicago_bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen the film but doesn't Widow beating Taskmaster create a Paradox

It does not when you accept the fact that Nat is the most skilled fighter in the universe ;)

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cresshadow: Sorry comrade. After how cool that movie was, I identify as a Ruskie now

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chicago_bastard:

How does skill matter if your opponent can basically copy your skill? That is the paradox. The premise is that Taskmaster beats h2h fighters because she has a hack that bypasses skill. And yet she was outskilled at the end. That is the paradox.

This would also mean, someone else could potentially outskill and beat her as well and that includes Cap, specially because Cap has powers in addition to skill

chicago_bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: Well 616 Tasky has also lost plenty of fights against non-supers, mostly due to them switching their usual styles and catching him off-guard by that.

It was similar in the movie, Natasha didn't use her usual style in the second fight, one move she pulled off looked more like something out of Spidey's repertoire.

So the question is if other heroes can also adapt their fightings styles to the point. We likely won't see any of them fight Taskmaster so it'll be up to debate forever I guess.

LordLloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Probably Cap 7/10

Round 2: I'm leaning towards Tasky 6-7/10

Round 3: Taskmaster 7/10

Round 4: Actually similiar to the Round 1. Maybe Bucky, but Antonia has a really good chance. Taskmaster 5-6/10

Round 5: John is strong, but we've seen that she can deal with super soldiers very easily. On top of that, she is much much better fighter. Definitely Taskmaster 10/10

MikeyIrish78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in pregnancy All rounds

R4zerSh4rp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve wins in a decent duel and taking a few hits due to the initial shock of the skill copying.

Winter Soldier just flat out powers through anything Antonia throws at him and has the speed to not allow her to dictate the pace of the fight. Once he gets his metal arm on her its basically death.

Walker and Sam seem to be more in line with Alexei so they probably go down.

AshConwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r4zersh4rp: Ok but do you take into account Antonia's prediction algorithm?

R4zerSh4rp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashconwell: The "movement prediction" was neat but I highly doubt she could just use it to take on WS Mode, or Cap on a whim. I'm open to reasons contrary though.

Personally I'd put her roughly around or below killmonger level (No panther suit).

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nfactor1995

Nat did not beat Taskmaster and I don’t know why everyone keeps saying that she did. It was very evident that TM was decisively better than her.

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Taskmaster would win

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster, rewatched the movie today. She has a better bullet timing feat than Cap ever did, and she’s got a ton of weaponry. Explosive Arrow could one shot, it’s bigger than Winter Soldiers Grenade launcher which Knocked out Cap.

Kanaskat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap wins all rounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-61762a22bedaa
deactivated-61762a22bedaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfost_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfost_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see Antonia beating most street levelers on a first encounter due to the skill shock and prediction of movement she has ss stats was able to handle a ss with ease who was really strong she should win here except for even regular cap I give it a 5/5

AshConwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AshConwell

R1: H2H Combat - Captain America probably

R2: Standard gear and weapons (Cap's shield, Taskmaster's arsenal, etc) - Taskmaster

R3 Captain Falcon vs Taskmaster (Captain America gear) - Taskmaster

R4: Winter Soldier vs Taskmaster (Bucky is in WS mode, has standard weapons) - Taskmaster

R5: US Agent vs Taskmaster (John gets shield and pistol) - Taskmaster

Avatar image for deactivated-61762a22bedaa
deactivated-61762a22bedaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfost_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers