Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

Taskmaster:

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Taskmaster has taken over as Batman through some misguided attempt at wanting to be on the good side for once and Bruce being the nice guy he is gives him a chance.
  • Taskmaster has one month with Bruce Wayne who in that time shows him as much data about Gotham's villains as possible and allows Tasky to train with him so he can copy his fighting style.
  • For the challenges Taskmaster has access to the Bat-cave, UDON and Agent X equipment (unless otherwise stated).
  • Despite the fact he's being a good guy now he still is not opposed to killing.
  • Because Taskmaster is dressed as Batman anyone he faces initially thinks he is Batman.

Challenges:

(This is not a gauntlet you can simply say which ones he can and cannot complete if you like)

1. Drug Trade: Two-Face is starting up a large drug operation in Gotham. Tasky has to fight his way past 20 of Two-Face's goons and take him prisoner. He has no prep but does have Batman's standard gear.
  2. The League Of Assassins: Taskmaster then takes it upon himself to get rid of the League Of Assassins. He must break into it anyway he see's fit and take out Ra's Al Ghul. He is allowed 5 days to study whatever Bruce has on the League's lair.
  3. Poison Ivy: Pamela escapes from Arkham yet again so Tasky decides to put her back in however as she broke out she killed quite few innocents this really annoys our newly changed Tasky so much that he is willing to use lethal force off the bat. Due to the abruptness of her break-out Tasky grabs whatever he can from the equipment he has available within a 10minute period before going to face her.
  4. Nightwing and Red Hood: After defeating Poison Ivy in a not-so Batman-like way he is confronted by both Nightwing and Red Hood who have a very strong suspicion Batman isn't who he says he is. Dick and Jason then proceed to attack him. Taskmaster has no prep for this round but has Batman's standard gear.
  5. The Joker: Upon reviewing Joker's file Tasky decides that the Joker doesn't deserve to live. Joker has 4 days to prep out a building and Tasky has 1 days worth of data gathered from that area by Batman's tech before going in. Joker thinks he's up against Batman. Taskmaster has his UDON gear and Batman's standard gear.
  6. The Court Of The Owls: After returning from his escapade with the Joker. Taskmaster finds Wayne manor crawling with Talons. This is exactly the same scenario Bruce found himself in during the attack in Batman 8#. Taskmaster doesn't have any prep or access to the Bat-cave (or the armored suit Bruce used). He does however have Batman's Standard gear and his UDON equipment. To win he has to clear the mansion of Talons.
  7. Deathstroke and Lady Shiva: Thanks to his attack on the League Deathstroke and Shiva are hired to take out Batman. With the help of Bruce Wayne Taskmaster is able to stabilize his double time so that he can use it indefinitely. Deathstroke and Shiva are pre-52. Neither have any other prep aside from what they have standard access too (Tasky has his UDON gear and Batman's standard gear). Taskmaster is treating the fight seriously. They fight in Gotham streets.
  8. The Finale: The villains in Gotham soon decide to pool their resources in order to take "Batman" down. They decide to lure him to Arkham Asylum and put him down once and for all. The villains are Mr. Freeze, Bane, Clayface, Talia Al Ghul, Deathstroke, Scarecrow, Black mask, Killer Croc and Joker. This team has 5 days to deck out Arkham with all sorts of traps and nasty surprises before attempting to kill him. Knowing that poor Tasky is going to get stomped into the ground by the combined tactical genius of the other team Bruce allows Taskmaster access to the Insider Suit but no other prep. Can Tasky bring Arkham to heal?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

this OP looks like it took a lot of time and effort

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#3 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I really like the OP. I'll actually respond later. Can we get more threads like this please?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By laflux

Taskmaster:

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Taskmaster has taken over as Batman through some misguided attempt at wanting to be on the good side for once and Bruce being the nice guy he is gives him a chance.
  • Taskmaster has one month with Bruce Wayne who in that time shows him as much data about Gotham's villains as possible and allows Tasky to train with him so he can copy his fighting style.
  • For the challenges Taskmaster has access to the Bat-cave, UDON and Agent X equipment (unless otherwise stated).
  • Despite the fact he's being a good guy now he still is not opposed to killing.
  • Because Taskmaster is dressed as Batman anyone he faces initially thinks he is Batman.

Challenges:

(This is not a gauntlet you can simply say which ones he can and cannot complete if you like)

1. Drug Trade: Two-Face is starting up a large drug operation in Gotham. Tasky has to fight his way past 20 of Two-Face's goons and take him prisoner. He has no prep but does have Batman's standard gear.
  2. The League Of Assassins: Taskmaster then takes it upon himself to get rid of the League Of Assassins. He must break into it anyway he see's fit and take out Ra's Al Ghul. He is allowed 5 days to study whatever Bruce has on the League's lair.
  3. Poison Ivy: Pamela escapes from Arkham yet again so Tasky decides to put her back in however as she broke out she killed quite few innocents this really annoys our newly changed Tasky so much that he is willing to use lethal force off the bat. Due to the abruptness of her break-out Tasky grabs whatever he can from the equipment he has available within a 10minute period before going to face her.
  4. Nightwing and Red Hood: After defeating Poison Ivy in a not-so Batman-like way he is confronted by both Nightwing and Red Hood who have a very strong suspicion Batman isn't who he says he is. Dick and Jason then proceed to attack him. Taskmaster has no prep for this round but has Batman's standard gear.
  5. The Joker: Upon reviewing Joker's file Tasky decides that the Joker doesn't deserve to live. Joker has 4 days to prep out a building and Tasky has 1 days worth of data gathered from that area by Batman's tech before going in. Joker thinks he's up against Batman. Taskmaster has his UDON gear and Batman's standard gear.
  6. The Court Of The Owls: After returning from his escapade with the Joker. Taskmaster finds Wayne manor crawling with Talons. This is exactly the same scenario Bruce found himself in during the attack in Batman 8#. Taskmaster doesn't have any prep or access to the Bat-cave (or the armored suit Bruce used). He does however have Batman's Standard gear and his UDON equipment. To win he has to clear the mansion of Talons.
  7. Deathstroke and Lady Shiva: Thanks to his attack on the League Deathstroke and Shiva are hired to take out Batman. With the help of Bruce Wayne Taskmaster is able to stabilize his double time so that he can use it indefinitely. Deathstroke and Shiva are pre-52. Neither have any other prep aside from what they have standard access too (Tasky has his UDON gear and Batman's standard gear). Taskmaster is treating the fight seriously. They fight in Gotham streets.
  8. The Finale: The villains in Gotham soon decide to pool their resources in order to take "Batman" down. They decide to lure him to Arkham Asylum and put him down once and for all. The villains are Mr. Freeze, Bane, Clayface, Talia Al Ghul, Deathstroke, Scarecrow, Black mask, Killer Croc and Joker. This team has 5 days to deck out Arkham with all sorts of traps and nasty surprises before attempting to kill him. Knowing that poor Tasky is going to get stomped into the ground by the combined tactical genius of the other team Bruce allows Taskmaster access to the Insider Suit but no other prep. Can Tasky bring Arkham to heal?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I'll put up a response later

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux said:

No Caption Provided

I'll put up a response later

Lol at the gif! I may steal that at some point!

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He clears them all, With a lot of trouble at 6,7, & 8.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#7 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I think he might lose to the talons, but I think for Joker and the finale Taskmaster would just blow up the buildings. He's planning on killing them anyway so why exert himself? I'm sure I could make this more wordy, but I'm tired. I figured I should post something because I said I would and I tend to forget to come back to things, so in case I don't make it back when I'm in a more wordy mood, this'll have to do.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot said:

I think he might lose to the talons, but I think for Joker and the finale Taskmaster would just blow up the buildings. He's planning on killing them anyway so why exert himself? I'm sure I could make this more wordy, but I'm tired. I figured I should post something because I said I would and I tend to forget to come back to things, so in case I don't make it back when I'm in a more wordy mood, this'll have to do.

Yeah, I can see this. From what I recall in Moon Knight - Taskmaster just wants to get the job done. He doesn't seem to actually look for challenging fights, he's all about efficiency over excitement, so to speak.

Great work on the OP though, it definitely beats the generic versus threads that populate the Battle boards.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the heck does he get passed Poison Ivy? She has taken down Green Lanterns! Tasky for all his skill is still a major wuss.

If he does magically make it passed her. The Joker kills him. The Joker will have spent some of those 4 days of prep kidnapping children and packing the building with them. They will all be wired up with explosives and Joker Venom. Blowing up the building will not be an option if he wants Batman to not come down on him. Taskmaster isn't nearly as clever as Batman so he won't figure out a way to stop him before he gets Joker Venomed. The Joker will instantly recognize that Taskmaster is not Batman and will become quite enraged.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

He clears with massive difficulty against DS and Shiva

The_PAIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good OP, will research on TASK MASTER First.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strider1992

@diredrill: the instance in Moon Knight is pure PIS. Taskmaster once punched Thor just to increase his reputation. Someone who does something like that just to increase their street cred is far from a wuss. Suicidal yes but not a wuss.

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: You stole that Gif off me ;P

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By laflux

@laflux: You stole that Gif off me ;P

Stole is such a strong word. And what's this I hear about recruiting me for Capfanboy's comedy show?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: For the purposes of the scenario lets say that in the Finale there are hostages (3 people) and Tasky won't blow the place up. However if he gets the hostages out before getting taken down by the team he may then do as he pleases.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Deathstroke and Shiva destroy him if not he stops at the last one.

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92:

wow i applaud you for this thread. tasky is one of my favorite marvels.

anyway... i say with the training with bruce combined with his own awesome powers combined with bat cave and bat gadgets equal a hard fought win for tasky. you all are forgetting something: tasky will kill his opponents.

1. clears this easily, i shouldnt have to state why

2. takes it due to 5 days studying league and all around better than ghul

3. it even says he's willing to kill off the bat. he takes her out by blitzing, explosive rang, or any other gadget batman has, hell he could even get in the insider suit with 10 min

4. please, i love dick(god i'm so stupid) but he and redhood arent bringing any thing to the table here. task wins off of experience more than anything else

5.i'll be honest, joker is one very very tricky son of a gun. couple things though: taskmaster wont care if joker takes hostages, joker will prep for bats, joker will be caught off gaurd when task tries to kill him, and ultimately, it will be too late for joker when that happens. neccessarily, task takes this due to joker prepping for the wrong person.

6. this is really tricky because idk how many talons there are( could you tell from the issue?) and tasky most likely know about their healing factor. udon gear might help. im thinking he can use the webshooters to web them all up and dump them somewhere, or even stuff em all ino the bat jet, send it to the middle of nowhere, then have it self destruct. its hard to pisture a talon killing taskmaster.

7. this is probably the toughest one for him. he could lose, but he's not done just yet, there are some things that caught my eye. again they both know batman wouldnt kill, so im thinking task can kill shiva cuz she's not suspecting it. but that's when the trouble comes. ds wises up and puts his game face on. the other thing that caught my eye is that tasky can use double time because of training with bruce. now this most likely puts him above ds and at least on par with him. to be honest anyway, all of ds super impressive feats are from prep. dont get me wrong i hear the guy can survive explosions, but hes going against a guy just as ruthless, faster now, has udon equipment which is pretty impressive, batmans gear, and someone who is just as experienced. very close, but task edges this one out.

8. poor rogues... :(

this is a great new battle type and i hope you make more of these. all battles are great, except probably last one. if you really want to make that one interesting, take off insider suit and have cassy cain helping him. anyways just my opinion

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My only input for now is that I don't think he'll get past the Talons.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Strider1992

6. this is really tricky because idk how many talons there are( could you tell from the issue?) and tasky most likely know about their healing factor. udon gear might help. im thinking he can use the webshooters to web them all up and dump them somewhere, or even stuff em all ino the bat jet, send it to the middle of nowhere, then have it self destruct. its hard to pisture a talon killing taskmaster.

My memory isn't that great but I think there were about 25. They wern't all in one place but scattered all over the mansion so its not like Tasky would have to take them all on at the same time.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill: Poison Ivy is a problem, I don't know how he'll get past her.

As far as The Joker, Taskmaster doesn't like killing as Batman doesn't mean he won't , once he realizes how sick Joker is, he'll off him. Only Batpuss let's Joker kill again and again. He can clear the rest with great difficulty.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Joker will instantly recognize that Taskmaster is not Batman and will become quite enraged.

Actually Taskmaster as Batman would most likely screw with Jokers head. He knew Azrael wasn't Batman by how he fought and his voice. Taskmaster does not have these handicaps. Due to him training with Bruce for a month prior he will fight like him, due to his ability he will talk like him (Taskmaster can replicate any voice he hears) and due to his image inducer he will also look exactly like him.

Joker will most likely have trouble with someone who looks, sounds and fights exactly like Bruce but seems to have a lot less morals. Taskmaster being Batman is probably more likely to throw Joker off his game than the other way around.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DireDrill

@strider92: It is not so much how he fights and sounds it is what he says. The Joker knows Batman inside and out, when Tony's mannerisms are different from Bruce's he'll know. Tony also likely doesn't carry himself like Batman. You have to remember that the Joker is a master of disguise and should be able to pick out a fake with no problem. Batman's morals are the only reason the Joker hasn't killed him. Take those out of the equation and The Joker will have no compunction about killing Tony.

@wavemotioncannon: Taskmaster won't risk killing kids if he has really changed to the good side. Once the Joker realizes that Tony is not Batman, he will have no problem killing him.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill:

if Taskmaster decided to not kill kids, wouldn't he also have morals?

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DireDrill

@betatesthighlander1:

If Taskmaster decides not to kill kids then he is dead because while he may have Bruce's skills, he does not have his inventiveness.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1:

If Taskmaster decides not to kill kids then he is dead because while he may have Bruce's skills, he does not have his inventiveness.

you entire argument is that Joker doesn't kill Batman because of morals, and you can't even keep that straight

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if he doesn't kill the kids it does not mean that he has Batman's morals. Batman will kill no one even bad guys, Taskmaster obviously will.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if he doesn't kill the kids it does not mean that he has Batman's morals. Batman will kill no one even bad guys, Taskmaster obviously will.

okay then

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batnorris said:

My memory isn't that great but I think there were about 25. They wern't all in one place but scattered all over the mansion so its not like Tasky would have to take them all on at the same time.

ok thanks i think that helps tony a bit. :)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bumpski

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dondave

The Talons should stop him

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster clears because he's Batman ;)

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Stronger

@strider92:

No Caption Provided

Taskmaster can't be Batman.Batman is only one.....

And,

No Caption Provided

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Strider1992

@stronger: Teh Taskmaster can be anyone he likes! Because he can master any task!

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger: Teh Taskmaster can be anyone he likes! Because he can master any task!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BWANASIMBA

• Drug Trade: Taskmaster stomps.
  • The League Of Assassins: Depends upon the League of Assassins. Taskmaster can take Ras but is the league just a bunch of fodder ninjas? Are there any potential threats for Taskmaster? Ubu will get stomped, Talia will get spanked, but I've seen images of the likes of Deathstroke hanging out with the league so who technically counts as an assassin of the League of Assassins? If its just fodder ninjas then Taskmaster wins.
  • Poison Ivy: Poison Ivy will present a problem for Taskmaster. Depending upon where he fights her she might be too tough for him to take. In a park or a forest or something will give her countless plant life to control and mutate. It also depends upon the equipment Task grabs in his rushed ten minute prep.
  • Nightwing and Red Hood: Taskmaster for the majority. He outclasses both Dick and Jason.
  • The Joker: This really depends upon what Joker does with his prep. People have pointed out how Joker can grab a crap load of hostages, but he could also rig the place to blow, leave, wait for Tony Masters to enter then blow the place. Or he can put Joker Venom/ Gas everywhere.
  • The Court Of The Owls: Taskmaster loses. Unless he knows how to lower the temperature of the Batcave like Batman did, the talons will eventually overwhelm him and their healing factors are strong enough he won't be able to thin the herd very quickly, if at all.
  • Deathstroke and Lady Shiva: Thanks to his double time Shiva won't really be a threat to Tony. But Slade is already at "double time" (or ten times or however the hell faster than a normal human he is). Hell, with his near precognition and Flash stabbing/ tripping/ punching feats he is still faster than Tony, as well as stronger, and equipped with a degree of regeneration. Tony is more skilled than Slade, but Slade's superior stats (including regeneration) Tony will be hard pressed to take Slade, especially since Deathstroke has equipment to rival his own. Tony has to take Slade out fast, because giving old one eye time to think of a strategy will be his doom. This is a hard fight to call.
  • The Finale: People need to stop worshipping the Insider Suit. It gives him powers SIMILAR to some of Batman's JL buddies. It does not put him at their level. He doesn't have Flash's super speed or Superman's heat vision, he has super speed and heat vision and other powers, so long as the crappy battery charge holds. Also, as far as I know the Insider suit has no real feats and has only be used a handful of times and various street level characters have dodged it and fought it. The team stomps Tony into the grounds of Arkham.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Stronger
Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now seriously,if he gets past the Court of Owls,which I highly doubt,he stops at Deathstroke and Shiva.

Even though that without the UDON suit Nightwing should give him enough problems to deal with.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Taskmaster will always be Batman.