Tarzan, Conan and Kull vs Wolverine

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
#151 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii said:

But his part, this was too rich to pass up. First and foremost, please do yourself a favor and try to read the books of the random scans you highjack from Google. Because you just risk embarrassing yourself with silliness like the pics posted above when you don't.

and you've read every book for Conan, Tarzan, and Kull?

He hasn't tried to lowball Conan, Tarzan, and Kull with Scans he didn't understand the full context of. He, like the rest of us, has been asking fr showings that put Conan and Company on Wolverine's Level. Your only response has been to try and lowball Wolverine.

and you guys aren't trying to lowball the other three?

I mean, I haven't just up and denied anything that's happened in the canon, while Wolverine has been beaten by all sorts of regular ninjas and the like

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@shawnbaby: not seeing any of those beating Tarzan's hiding from an entire civilization

He didn't. They knew he was out there. They just thought he was some sort of Jungle God and they were afraid that to look at him was to invite death. Easy to hide when no one looks for you. It speaks to more of their superstitious nature than to Tarzan's Stealth.

yeah, they thought he was a Jungle god because no one managed to se him without immediately dying

you don't get a reputation for un-seeable without being stealthy

and what about how he constantly broke into their camp and they never actually saw any traces of him other than the food he ate?

@super_soldierxii said:

3. Wolverine beats Captain America while brainwashed ... fight ends with Cap completely at Logan's mercy. And ... what's your point exactly? Right. You don't have one. Instead, you're just proving ours in showing Wolverine getting the upper hand against another of Marvel's martial masters.

and so does Conan, who, in this fight, has three pears by his side

seriously though, Wolverine does usually have trouble with Captain America, and Conan pretty handily beat the guy

In a What If...which isn't Canon to anything but itself.

but the characters are presumed to be similar

the title doesn't say "what if someone arbitrarily similar to Wolverine went to the Hyborian age"

yeah, regular martial artists manage to hurt Wolverine time and again, that's my point

and Conan has taken out Captain America, so that would put him in Marvel's top HtH guys

Hurting Wolverine isn't the same as beating Wolverine. In the scans you posted Wolverine ended up winning most of those fights....except the one with Spider-Man and Daredevil...in which he took out Spidey and then was blindsided by Daredevil with a hit that, compared to consistent feats, would not have disabled him.

And Again..your talking about a What If. Which again...is not Canon. It doesn't prove that Conan would beat 616 Cap. That version of Cap is entirely featless.

okay then, "consistent", "Wolverine", and "feats" rarely fit into the same sentence without negative qualifiers

hmm, I guess the What If? stuff is the best we have for direct comparison, and it is kinda assumed that the equivalents from that series are essentially the same

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
#152 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (7663 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

Your post is pointlessly argumentative and needs no rebuttal. It's frustrating to hear, I know, but it's true.

Just answer this one question for fun ... what happened after Conan tagged Captain America in the "What if" comic pray tell? And yes, tagging someone is not the same as beating them. Regardless, Shawnbaby is correct, it's considered non-cannon which makes the showing as useless as me posting a "What if" about Punisher killing off the Marvel U and trying pass it as a legit feat as to why Frank Castle can defeat everyone in the Marvel U. Silly.

Let's see if you can Google the answer, because the fact you posted the pic leaves me damn sure you haven't even read the book. So you argue posting crap that, when they aren't proving our point, (which is rare and which you seem completely oblivious to the fact), are completely out of context and therefore not proving your point either.

Why do you think I should take you seriously when all you do is post completely out of context showings constantly proving you don't know what you're talking about? (OK, I asked two questions, but one is completely rhetorical).

#153 Edited by sandiego008 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting fight ... not sure how this goes, it depends on if any member of the team can get a good drop on wolverine. And yes they have a slight chance to get a drop on him due to location and characters. I would prob give majority to wolverine though.

#154 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (7663 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

But hell, y'know what, you like "What if" stories so much? You want to include anything and everything at a whim then fine. Here's what happens "if" Wolverine were to fight Conan;

It would appear Conan loses his sword and his hand. And gets saved from a timely intervention. Regardless, Conan also loses his woman, as Wolverine had beaten Red Sonja as well in a panel just before ... and ends up marrying her, taking Conan's place as King.
Sucks to be Conan. Indeed.

#155 Edited by jashro44 (54831 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: As others have said you are ignoring points and low balling. I will post these scans and that will be that.

Silver samurai deflecting gun fire.

Wolverine vs Silver samurai:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

@jashro44 said:

@betatesthighlander1: what did the greatest swordsman in conans universe do that makes beating him more impressive then wolverine beating silver samurai? And again there is no eveidence Conan is better then shingen. Saying Conan is better then shingen doesn't make it true. Your link works there is just nothing there. It's a link to a review... There are no quotes there.

FYI; Lord Shingen Harada (his son Keniuchio, a.k.a The Silver Samurai, was his pupil) when living, was hailed as the best swordsman in Japan in the Marvel U at the time. That's not nothing. Also of note (to aid) is Wolverine is not engaging Conan in a sword fight. So he doesn't have to prove the better swordsman (which Logan probably isn't to be fair to Conan). He's using his claws ... of which Wolverine is no doubt a master. He doesn't even need to be a better weapons fighter than Conan, as the first time he parries or blocks, Conan's weapon is neutralized. Conan cannot separate Logan's limbs, and even piercing Logan's core will not drop Wolverine.

All this talk of Wolverine getting hurt by Shingen is a little silly considering the context. I agree with your points. Shingen hitting nerve clusters with every blow that would kill a normal human, and Wolverine doesn't drop, is actually an awesome showing for Logan. The fact he was poisoned with lethal doses enough to drop several dozen men beforehand is also not to be dismissed. Slowing him enough (effectively de-powering him) so that Shingen could actually tag him.

Wolverine kills Shingen in their second encounter.

Conan, with regular steel, loses terribly to Wolverine. Logan's getting low-balled by those stating otherwise. And I have read extensively on Conan ... grew up reading The Savage Sword ... I know more than a little about him.

All right thank you for the information. I just picked up the series yesterday at my comic store so I should read it soon. All though I am surprised you said conan is a better swordsman then wolverine.

#156 Edited by sandiego008 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: why would you think wolverine is a better swordsman than conan?

#157 Edited by jashro44 (54831 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008: I'm not 100% sure he is. My knowledge of conan is limited. All though wolverine does seem to have some good sword fighting feats. He beat silver samurai in a sword and he also beat daken using the muramasa blade.

#158 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (7663 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@sandiego008: I'm not 100% sure he is. My knowledge of conan is limited. All though wolverine does seem to have some good sword fighting feats. He beat silver samurai in a sword and he also beat daken using the muramasa blade.

Conan really is that good with a blade. He's the best in his realm bar none. In a strict fight, Wolverine holds far too many advantages and definitely drops Conan. In a sword contest, Conan has yet to lose. He comes from an age where the sword is what one lives and dies by. An epoch where every one wields one. In an age where everyone owns a blade to survive, Conan's proven himself to be the best. That's huge. I think that brand of context alone makes him a hard man to match in a sword fight for any Marvel hero.

#159 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

But hell, y'know what, you like "What if" stories so much? You want to include anything and everything at a whim then fine. Here's what happens "if" Wolverine were to fight Conan;

It would appear Conan loses his sword and his hand. And gets saved from a timely intervention. Regardless, Conan also loses his woman, as Wolverine had beaten Red Sonja as well in a panel just before ... and ends up marrying her, taking Conan's place as King. Sucks to be Conan. Indeed.

the fact that you identified Red Sonja as Conan's woman makes me think you have absolutely no idea who Conan or Sonja is

tell me, who taught Tarzan how to read?

what works by Robert E Howard actually featured Cimmeria?

@betatesthighlander1:

Your post is pointlessly argumentative and needs no rebuttal. It's frustrating to hear, I know, but it's true.

yes, yes, someone who disagrees with me doesn't like my argument, kill myself etc.

Just answer this one question for fun ... what happened after Conan tagged Captain America in the "What if" comic pray tell? And yes, tagging someone is not the same as beating them. Regardless, Shawnbaby is correct, it's considered non-cannon which makes the showing as useless as me posting a "What if" about Punisher killing off the Marvel U and trying pass it as a legit feat as to why Frank Castle can defeat everyone in the Marvel U. Silly.

Conan soundly deafted Captain America face-to-face, Cap realized conan was a pretty swell guy, and Conan was offered an Avengers membership

Let's see if you can Google the answer, because the fact you posted the pic leaves me damn sure you haven't even read the book. So you argue posting crap that, when they aren't proving our point, (which is rare and which you seem completely oblivious to the fact), are completely out of context and therefore not proving your point either.

now your just raving

Why do you think I should take you seriously when all you do is post completely out of context showings constantly proving you don't know what you're talking about? (OK, I asked two questions, but one is completely rhetorical).

yes, yes. someone is going to ask a question that is obviously loaded and based on large falehoods than szay I shouldn't answer it because they don't want me to

@betatesthighlander1: As others have said you are ignoring points and low balling. I will post these scans and that will be that.

Wolverine vs Silver samurai:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

well, I mean, Wolverine has been caught by regular humans on multiple occasions, have other feats refuted his ability to get caught off guard?

again, if you could show me Tarzan, Conan, or Kull ever losing to anyone on Wolverine's level, I would welcome that

I thought powerscaling was a non-no here

anyways, that still doesn't prove much in the way of Wolverine's victory, people in Marvel get their asses handed to them by far weaker people all the time

@super_soldierxii said:
@jashro44 said:

@betatesthighlander1: what did the greatest swordsman in conans universe do that makes beating him more impressive then wolverine beating silver samurai? And again there is no eveidence Conan is better then shingen. Saying Conan is better then shingen doesn't make it true. Your link works there is just nothing there. It's a link to a review... There are no quotes there.

FYI; Lord Shingen Harada (his son Keniuchio, a.k.a The Silver Samurai, was his pupil) when living, was hailed as the best swordsman in Japan in the Marvel U at the time. That's not nothing. Also of note (to aid) is Wolverine is not engaging Conan in a sword fight. So he doesn't have to prove the better swordsman (which Logan probably isn't to be fair to Conan). He's using his claws ... of which Wolverine is no doubt a master. He doesn't even need to be a better weapons fighter than Conan, as the first time he parries or blocks, Conan's weapon is neutralized. Conan cannot separate Logan's limbs, and even piercing Logan's core will not drop Wolverine.

All this talk of Wolverine getting hurt by Shingen is a little silly considering the context. I agree with your points. Shingen hitting nerve clusters with every blow that would kill a normal human, and Wolverine doesn't drop, is actually an awesome showing for Logan. The fact he was poisoned with lethal doses enough to drop several dozen men beforehand is also not to be dismissed. Slowing him enough (effectively de-powering him) so that Shingen could actually tag him.

Wolverine kills Shingen in their second encounter.

Conan, with regular steel, loses terribly to Wolverine. Logan's getting low-balled by those stating otherwise. And I have read extensively on Conan ... grew up reading The Savage Sword ... I know more than a little about him.

All right thank you for the information. I just picked up the series yesterday at my comic store so I should read it soon. All though I am surprised you said conan is a better swordsman then wolverine.

Conan: has proven himself the best swordsman on heaven and earth on multiple occasion

Wolverine has used his sword to....

I guess this might be a little late, but a huge list of stuff Tarzan's done and when he did it

http://www.erbzine.com/mag15/1598a.html

#160 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1@frozenphoenix:

No Caption Provided

Looking for the scans of the actual feat since I don't have the comic, but remember the story.

I know this has been dead for awhile, but, I must say my opinion on Tarzan has changed about Tarzan. After reading Lord of the Jungle I found myself actually enjoying the character. I even have feats for a CAV for him. But reading this issue I got to say that(no shockingly) the cover lies.

No Caption Provided

All he did was evade the Rhino. That's pretty much it....As for the T-Rex scan. I'd like to know where that's from because

1. We don't know if he actually K.O'ed it.
  2. It's set in the same universe, because he Tarzan was around Africa, 1912ish then he shouldn't have faced any dinosaurs.

#161 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: Tarzan lives next to a Lost world, do I need to track down my Russ Meyer collection and give you specifics?

#162 Edited by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio
#163 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio
#164 Edited by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay?

#165 Posted by xlab3000 (3947 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#166 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: Oh, not this thread again, lol...

I do think I have some scans from Kull now though.Let me go check.

#167 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix: No I was just trying to show you that Tarzan hasn't taken down a Rhino is all.

#168 Edited by DWrathborne (530 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii said:

@betatesthighlander1:

It would appear Conan loses his sword and his hand. And gets saved from a timely intervention. Regardless, Conan also loses his woman, as Wolverine had beaten Red Sonja as well in a panel just before ... and ends up marrying her, taking Conan's place as King. Sucks to be Conan. Indeed.

Of course, if one were to post scans of their first encounter in that issue, you'd see that Conan clearly won the first round. Only Wolverine's healing factor made possible the second match where berserk Wolverine comes out on top.

No Caption Provided

EDIT: Managed to find one.

More trivia on that issue; Conan gets tossed through time to replace Wolverine during the Phoenix debacle on the Moon. He smacks Cyclops in the head with a rock because Jean Grey reminds Conan of Sonja, and this leads to the Dark Phoenix being unleashed in that universe.

#169 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (7663 posts) - - Show Bio
#170 Edited by DWrathborne (530 posts) - - Show Bio
#171 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii said:

@betatesthighlander1:

Of course, if one were to post scans of their first encounter in that issue, you'd see that Conan clearly won the first round. Only Wolverine's healing factor made possible the second match where berserk Wolverine comes out on top.

No Caption Provided

EDIT: Managed to find one.

More trivia on that issue; Conan gets tossed through time to replace Wolverine during the Phoenix debacle on the Moon. He smacks Cyclops in the head with a rock because Jean Grey reminds Conan of Sonja, and this leads to the Dark Phoenix being unleashed in that universe.

awesome

#172 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@dwrathborne: hey, could you show the intro with Uatu? so we know this is legit?

#173 Edited by DWrathborne (530 posts) - - Show Bio

#

@dwrathborne: hey, could you show the intro with Uatu? so we know this is legit?

I'll look for one. I don't have the capability to scan the images myself. It's What If? Volume 2, Issue 16.

EDIT: Found it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#174 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@dwrathborne: thanks!

the implication is that everything is the same, except one event, yes?

#175 Edited by Quartermaim (632 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that Tarzan, Conan, and Kull are tough and badass.

But unless they have a plan they are going to have some serious problems here.

First sneaking up on Logan is moot. The man's olfactory and auditory will pick them up.

As for the fight besides the "Vines" Conan and Kull are going to have a major problem. They can harm him but it will only be temporary, he'll bounce back immediately like in this scan here:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Also as shown previously Wolverine's strength will make it hard to hold him down. Tarzan, Conan, and Kull are extremely strong, but Logan is physically stronger (as shown previously with him holding a elevator full of people.

There best change at success would be to grapple him and then somehow hog tie him. Which can't happen with those vines. Although the vines can hold him they would have to wrap them around him and then hold him themselves since they can't tie those admantium vines to anything.

The team could possibly win but I give wolverine the majority 9/10 here.

#176 Posted by Pokergeist (23177 posts) - - Show Bio

@quartermaim: I believe that is what the Adamnatium Rope is for. To tie up wolverine for a win. We know Wolverine can and has been put down from Brain Stabs, Heart Stabs, and Juggler Slashes. One of those from 3 guys all around Wolverines Speed, Skill, and Strength can easily make this happen.

Team for 6/10 win.

#177 Posted by Quartermaim (632 posts) - - Show Bio

@quartermaim: I believe that is what the Adamnatium Rope is for. To tie up wolverine for a win. We know Wolverine can and has been put down from Brain Stabs, Heart Stabs, and Juggler Slashes. One of those from 3 guys all around Wolverines Speed, Skill, and Strength can easily make this happen.

Team for 6/10 win.

I stated about the "vines" because you aren't tying knots into a cable. The OP should have made it chains with locks.

The team does have a chance but first they have to overpower Logan when they can't surprise him, then try to get around his claws. Connect with thier attack without losing their weapons to Wolverine's claws. Then hold him down and tie him up.

I'm willing to Logan 7/10 but that is under the assumption that they are going to lose at least one team member each time.

I love the Tarzan books, Conan novels and comics, didn't care much for Kull but they are all badasses. But no pun intended but Wolverine is a totally different animal than they are used to or have faced.

#178 Edited by DWrathborne (530 posts) - - Show Bio

@dwrathborne: thanks!

the implication is that everything is the same, except one event, yes?

Yep. That's pretty much the premise of all the What If? titles. Everything starts out the same, but then one change causes ripples that can alter events from then on, resulting in an altered continuity. I liked them a lot back in the day. IMO, they are sometimes more accurate with actual character abilities and limitations since there's no real need for making sure the heroes win in the end. There's also no need to protect popular characters from being killed off in a What If? since it won't affect mainstream continuity.

#179 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Conan is most likely stronger than Wolverine, but it's debatable.

#180 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@quartermaim: but Conan has already beaten Wolverine on his own

#181 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (7663 posts) - - Show Bio

@quartermaim: but Conan has already beaten Wolverine on his own

And Wolverine's beaten Conan. Easily once he went all out on him. Again, this is in a non-canon "what if" book that is quite dated (1990) - which is why it was brought up at all in the first place to counter your extreme use of non-canon material. Wolverine's had many upgrades since. Especially healing factor and overall durability;

As you can see, modern Wolverine doesn't drop or go "out" for any stretch, however brief. These are extremely powerful beings from an alternate dimension devised to wipe out earth's superhuman population from the Xenogenisis X-Men storyline. Safe to say the size of their blade, and the strength of the blow, are superior to Conan's by quite a stretch. Wolverine was pierced through his core with the blade in the preceding panel to boot. Here's another showing;

This is Logan taking a sword to the head from Skaar. And no, he doesn't go down or out. Both these blows are significantly more powerful than any Conan could generate. They are modern. More importantly, they are canon. And a "modern" Wolverine is what these two are up against.

#182 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (7663 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: There is not a world in which Conan has even remotely similar strength feats as Wolverine. Wolverine is superhuman (1 - 2 ton range). Conan is not. Pulling metal bars out of a stone wall means Conan compromised the integrity of the stone, not the steel. Wolverine easily snapped handcuffs (read: steal) and has broken through chains and purportedly "unbreakable" metal enhanced restraints at least twice that I know of. Let's not try to pretend Conan's stats are now superhuman. He is a peak human. Extremely strong? Yes. As strong as Wolverine ... no he is not.

#183 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: There is not a world in which Conan has even remotely similar strength feats as Wolverine. Wolverine is superhuman (1 - 2 ton range). Conan is not. Pulling metal bars out of a stone wall means Conan compromised the integrity of the stone, not the steel. Wolverine easily snapped handcuffs (read: steal) and has broken through chains and purportedly "unbreakable" metal enhanced restraints at least twice that I know of. Let's not try to pretend Conan's stats are now superhuman. He is a peak human. Extremely strong? Yes. As strong as Wolverine ... no he is not.

Conan has snaped handcuffs too, but it's non canon lol.

#184 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii:

dude, Uatu himself specifically states that that universe was Identical to 616 besides a single change

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#185 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (7663 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii:

dude, Uatu himself specifically states that that universe was Identical to 616 besides a single change

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Dude, what the hell are you on about? Your comment is less than useless and pointless. Wolverine himself says "he's the best there is at what he does" ... see what I did there? Based on your logic, guess he wins by virtue of that. Hyperbole notwithstanding, the book is non-canon material and dated. Non-canon by Marvel's standard, despite what "Uatu himself" states. Lol.

As mentioned (and conveniently ignored by you), Wolverine's received many upgrades in the past 23 years of material, in both training and durability. The "What if" book in question, limits Logan to moving like a "samurai" and thereby being "predictable" whereas Conan's moves are wild and untamed. Which is laughable. Wolverine's fighting skills are no where limited to those of a samurai. Heck, under Master Po alone he's mastered 27 different styles of Kung Fu. Here's how Wolverine functions in a fight (read the dialogue if you will);

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/6093/berserkerragedg2.jpg

Again, all "What If" titles are non-canon material. Regardless, pick up the "What If" book and read it before you sing aloud, rejoicing how Conan beat Wolverine. Actually having read the book in context and in its entirety, and not just the out of context scans folks post for you, will rain somewhat on your ill conceived parade.

I've shown feats to prove my points. Feats that are A) canon, B) modern and C) contradict Wolverine dropping to a blow by Conan's blade even if we were to take said showing seriously (like I said, read the next few pages following before you rejoice). You don't address anything, save to hang on to a non-canon scan as though it's your lifeline.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
#186 Posted by IheartZombies92--defunct (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine stomps

#187 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: Uatu is an impartial third party, his word is accepted as word of god

And yeah, that is pretty much cannon, Marvel's main omniscient said so

#188 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (7663 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: Uatu is an impartial third party, his word is accepted as word of god

You absolutely do not get it. Wow.

#189 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

You absolutely do not get it. Wow.

I don't get that all material suggests that Conan could take this on his own?

Or I don't get the Wolverine wsavagery? (Conan isn't exactly unfamiliar to fighting savages)

and please don't pretend that Wolverine's durability is consistently class 100+,he gets beaten up by normal people all the time

#190 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (7663 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

False. There is no material that suggests Conan can take this on his own. Plenty of material proving he cannot that you have yet to come close to addressing.

Or I don't get the Wolverine wsavagery? (Conan isn't exactly unfamiliar to fighting savages)

Irrelevant comment.

and please don't pretend that Wolverine's durability is consistently class 100+,he gets beaten up by normal people all the time

Oh please. Consistency errs far, far more on the side of Wolverine soaking far more damage than the likes Conan can dish out before he drops to Wolverine's claws than the inverse. The handful of contradictions have been addressed to death on the Vine already. I know of each and every showing. Find an original line of reasoning that has not been thoroughly flushed then try again k? Additionally, that line of reasoning suggests you might actually know something about Wolverine aside from the handful of cherry picked low end showings (selected from over 5000 showings available on the character). A possibility already proven completely and irrevocably false.

To conclude, Marvel comics are the authority on what material is to be considered 616 canon, and what material is not. Not some fictional Watcher named "Uatu" in a "What if" storyline. That material is non-canon. Again, read the book. It does not play out in Conan's favor regardless.

#191 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this still going on?

#192 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (7663 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and, Uatu is not Marvel's main omniscient.

#193 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and, Uatu is not Marvel's main omniscient.

Than who is?

@betatesthighlander1:

False. There is no material that suggests Conan can take this on his own. Plenty of material proving he cannot that you have yet to come close to addressing.

I mean, not seeing much to suggest he couldn't, given Wolverine's record

Irrelevant comment.

if you say so

Oh please. Consistency errs far, far more on the side of Wolverine soaking far more damage than the likes Conan can dish out before he drops to Wolverine's claws than the inverse. The handful of contradictions have been addressed to death on the Vine already. I know of each and every showing. Find an original line of reasoning that has not been thoroughly flushed then try again k? Additionally, that line of reasoning suggests you might actually know something about Wolverine aside from the handful of cherry picked low end showings (selected from over 5000 showings available on the character). A possibility already proven completely and irrevocably false.

Yes, I understand that you don't want anything that makes Wolverine look weak to count

but that kind of logic makes debating impossible, and Wolverine is fairly commonly gets beaten by normal humans

To conclude, Marvel comics are the authority on what material is to be considered 616 canon, and what material is not. Not some fictional Watcher named "Uatu" in a "What if" storyline. That material is non-canon. Again, read the book. It does not play out in Conan's favor regardless.

your saying fictional sources don't apply to fictional characters?

and yes, it is in Conan's favor

No Caption Provided

#194 Posted by Thanofleeze (4388 posts) - - Show Bio
#195 Posted by Hulkman123 (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine. No one here can put him down.

#196 Posted by RisingBean (9879 posts) - - Show Bio

Well. I can thank @betatesthighlander1 for really taking me from "These guys can possibly do it" on page 1 to "Even Conan is screwed" on page 4.

Based on arguments or lack therof for Kull and Tarzan who I am not familiar with, Logan for a hefty majority.

@super_soldierxii As usual thanks for the education.

#197 Edited by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

James.

#198 Posted by dondave (41760 posts) - - Show Bio
#199 Posted by dondave (41760 posts) - - Show Bio

Well. I can thank @betatesthighlander1 for really taking me from "These guys can possibly do it" on page 1 to "Even Conan is screwed" on page 4.

Based on arguments or lack therof for Kull and Tarzan who I am not familiar with, Logan for a hefty majority.

Lol

#200 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (7663 posts) - - Show Bio

When I saw this thread was necroed I got chills. Really didn't want to get into it again with highlander1.

And, as always, you are too kind sir.