#101 Edited by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11

Here is great feat from Kull, I'll post more later.

#102 Edited by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
#103 Posted by turoksonofstone (14913 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Wins someone gets cut good though Kull probably.

#104 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio
#105 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio
#106 Edited by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: Eh, I'm thankful you posted those scans; but I was hoping for strength/speed feats. He seems like a good swordsmen but from what I've seen I'm not too impressed.

The problem is I don't think the team is face enough to take on Wolverine. I know Conan is strong enough to tackle him, possible hold him. But there is no way he his getting the chance.

@betatesthighlander1

Tarzan and Conan have also been stated to move faster than the human eye could follow

Supposedly they're fast but you have yet to show anything of that speed.

Oh! By the way, those apes weren't just normal apes. They were able to hang with the Hulk. Like so.

#107 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@bigcimmerian: Eh, I'm thankful you posted those scans; but I was hoping for strength/speed feats. He seems like a good swordsmen but from what I've seen I'm not too impressed.

The problem is I don't think the team is face enough to take on Wolverine. I know Conan is strong enough to tackle him, possible hold him. But there is no way he his getting the chance.

@betatesthighlander1

Tarzan and Conan have also been stated to move faster than the human eye could follow

Supposedly they're fast but you have yet to show anything of that speed.

Oh! By the way, those apes weren't just normal apes. They were able to hang with the Hulk. Like so.

I've got many strength, durability and speed feats from Conan, but not from Kull.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11

#108 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@bigcimmerian: Wolverine has taken down sharks in the water various other animals as well. While Conan taking on wolves when he was younger is impressive, Wolverine can do the same.

Until I see that he is on par with Logan's speed my mind is set.

Wolverine 9/10(that possible Conan can hold down Logan until Tarzan can tie him up.)

#109 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:
No Caption Provided

@bigcimmerian: Wolverine has taken down sharks in the water various other animals as well. While Conan taking on wolves when he was younger is impressive, Wolverine can do the same.

Until I see that he is on par with Logan's speed my mind is set.

Wolverine 9/10(that possible Conan can hold down Logan until Tarzan can tie him up.)

Conan was 8 when he killed that wolf, and the most of the feats I posted were when he was teenager. The only speed feats from Conan are catching wild dog in the desert and dodging arrow when he saw it's reflection during the flight. I'll try to find them.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
#110 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (4461 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby:

This would be a much better fight if one of the teammates got an Adamantium sword/ spear/ battle axe, one got perhaps a Carbonadium version, and if the "Adamantium tree vines" were replaced with multi-jointed Carbonadium cables/tendrils similar to Omega Red's. That last detail would go well in Tarzan's favor especially considering that in all of the Burrows tales, he was proficient with constructing nooses on a moments notice. With this upgraded gear, he team would take 6/10 IMHO. But alas, i'm not the OP:(

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
#111 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: you still haven't really shown that Wolverine can't be ambushed; your just presuming his powers would prevent ambuch and saying taht everythjing that would suggest otherwise doesn't count

and none of the combat feats you posted really matched the feats I had for Tarzan earlier on

and let's look at that last part of what you wrote

I have proved tons of stuff about Tarzan, I have showed you multiple scans from the books in support of what I ahve said; if you chose to ignore what I post than I'm sorry

dud, I posted a scan saying that Tarzan was able to avoid detection from an entire society of people while regularly sneaking into their camps and killing them; when have the Hand ever done anything nearly that stealthy?

@jwalser3: no, still don't see Wolverine as being at a huge advantage

@jashro44 said:

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@jashro44: hmm, impressive

but that did happen long after his fight with Wolverine, so we can't really say that he could do that when he fought Wolverine

as evidence I would point out all of the non bullet-timers who have managed to tag James

Wolverine has fought silver samurai after the showing where he cut a bullet in half. And silver samurai in his early appearance managed to deflect multiple bullets IIRC.

Wolverine himself has cut rocket darts in half and has moved faster then the human eye, and dodged bullets. So it really wouldn't prove anything if you posted wolverines low showings.

I would like scans or context for some of those

#112 Edited by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: You have yet to show anything to suggest that Tarzan is

1. Faster
  2. Better at stealth

I have posted scans of him taking on 3 giant apes capable of hurting the Hulk, scan of him moving threw the woods without making a single sound, etc.

you still haven't really shown that Wolverine can't be ambushed; your just presuming his powers would prevent ambush and saying that everything that would suggest otherwise doesn't count

Yes, if he is able to sense a group of ninjas with controlled heartbeats he can most definitely sense jungle boy.

and none of the combat feats you posted really matched the feats I had for Tarzan earlier on

What the hell are you talking about. You have shown nothing that is on par with Wolverine. Hell, I'm still waiting on those feats for both Tarzan and Conan; they can move faster then the human eye can follow.

dud, I posted a scan saying that Tarzan was able to avoid detection from an entire society of people while regularly sneaking into their camps and killing them; when have the Hand ever done anything nearly that stealthy?

Logan has been able to sneak into the Baxter building. Baxter Building > Camp of hunters

Please, I challenge you to show anything close to being on Wolverines skill. Again, I repeat myself

Conan is strong, it's possible for him to tackle Wolverine. Sure taking down a bull is impressive, but if he tackles Wolverine, well, Logan can fight back more then a bull could. Plus, I have yet to see any combat speed for him so as far as I'm concerned Conan wont know what is going on.

Tarzan has no speed or stealth skill on par with Logan. He isn't getting the drop on him. Everything you've shown, I have shown Logan doing better. Hell the whole Lion scene, you want to see Logan kill a Lion/man? Everything Tarzan has done, Wolverine can do 3x better.

Kull= Lol

#113 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: Tarzan has taken down raging rhinos as a nice feat.

#114 Edited by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio
#115 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@frozenphoenix: Cool, now can I see this feat?

No need to be unfriendly :)

No Caption Provided

Looking for the scans of the actual feat since I don't have the comic, but remember the story.

#116 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix: Okay. When you find the feat, I must say it'll help Conan out a lot. But Wolverine has been able to break free from a Senital's grip before by slashing through it.

As of now that scan is like saying Aquaman can solo the Justice League.

#117 Edited by Shawnbaby (11064 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: you still haven't really shown that Wolverine can't be ambushed; your just presuming his powers would prevent ambuch and saying taht everythjing that would suggest otherwise doesn't count

I have proved tons of stuff about Tarzan, I have showed you multiple scans from the books in support of what I ahve said; if you chose to ignore what I post than I'm sorry

You haven't shown anything that says Tarzan can get the drop on him. The Scans you posted talked about him ambushing Fodder. I could post examples of Wolverine beating Fodder all day long and still have more. Beating Fodder isn't feat worthy. You haven't shown him ambushing someone with senses as good as Wolverine's.

I haven't ignored anything...you just haven't proven he's good enough to get the drop on Wolverine. Tarzan has a heartbeat, he's got a scent...that's all Wolverine needs to track him. If Tarzan is close enough to Wolverine to slip a noose around his neck...he's close enough for Wolverine to smell him and hear him. Not even Longshot can't get the drop on Wolverine. He's even fast enough to pluck one of Longshots Darts out of the air while deflecting the rest toward Havok and Dazzler.

No Caption Provided

As far as combat Speed goes... Wolverine is fast enough to tag Spider-Man. No one on the team can say the same.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As far as Wolverine and the Rockets are concerned...I have a few different scans of Wolverine handling Rockets:

Grabs one in flight and Rides it on in
Grabs one in flight and Rides it on in
Cuts the Rockets out of the air
Cuts the Rockets out of the air

#118 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: Conan is fast enough to slice heads of 2 swordsmen before they can react, I'll post the scans later.

#119 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@betatesthighlander1: You have yet to show anything to suggest that Tarzan is

1. Faster
  2. Better at stealth

I have posted scans of him taking on 3 giant apes capable of hurting the Hulk, scan of him moving threw the woods without making a single sound, etc.

I have shown scans that have Tarzan being totally unseen by an entire society he constantly badgers, when did Wolverien ever do anything like that?

@jwalser3 said:

you still haven't really shown that Wolverine can't be ambushed; your just presuming his powers would prevent ambush and saying that everything that would suggest otherwise doesn't count

Yes, if he is able to sense a group of ninjas with controlled heartbeats he can most definitely sense jungle boy.

if he could sense Ninjas, than why do ninjas consistently ambush him?

@jwalser3 said:

What the hell are you talking about. You have shown nothing that is on par with Wolverine. Hell, I'm still waiting on those feats for both Tarzan and Conan; they can move faster then the human eye can follow.

they move fast enough to take on horses, I mean; Wolverine rarely runs anywhere near that fast

@jwalser3 said:

Logan has been able to sneak into the Baxter building. Baxter Building > Camp of hunters

so has Frank Castle, for a building with such elaborate security, their security kinda sucks

and teh Fantastic four know that Logan exists, so the feat doesn't even really match

@jwalser3 said:

Please, I challenge you to show anything close to being on Wolverines skill. Again, I repeat myself

wrestling gorillas into submission and kicking dinosaurs unconscious, ambushing entire societies, and stopping rhinos in their tracks just don't count?

@jwalser3 said:

Conan is strong, it's possible for him to tackle Wolverine. Sure taking down a bull is impressive, but if he tackles Wolverine, well, Logan can fight back more then a bull could. Plus, I have yet to see any combat speed for him so as far as I'm concerned Conan wont know what is going on.

Conan caught that spear, Conan matched the greatest swordsman on Earth, Conan has matched large goups of people on multiple occasions, even fighting off twenty assassins naked (in The Phoenix on the Sword)

@jwalser3 said:

Tarzan has no speed or stealth skill on par with Logan. He isn't getting the drop on him. Everything you've shown, I have shown Logan doing better. Hell the whole Lion scene, you want to see Logan kill a Lion/man? Everything Tarzan has done, Wolverine can do 3x better.

how well has Wolverine lassoed anyone or avoided a lasso?

You haven't shown anything that says Tarzan can get the drop on him. The Scans you posted talked about him ambushing Fodder. I could post examples of Wolverine beating Fodder all day long and still have more. Beating Fodder isn't feat worthy. You haven't shown him ambushing someone with senses as good as Wolverine's.

show me Wolverine ambushing an entire society of people for an extended period of well enough that none of them even know that he exists

I haven't ignored anything...you just haven't proven he's good enough to get the drop on Wolverine. Tarzan has a heartbeat, he's got a scent...that's all Wolverine needs to track him. If Tarzan is close enough to Wolverine to slip a noose around his neck...he's close enough for Wolverine to smell him and hear him. Not even Longshot can't get the drop on Wolverine. He's even fast enough to pluck one of Longshots Darts out of the air while deflecting the rest toward Havok and Dazzler.

yeah, Wolverine is consistently ambushed by people who do have heartbeats and scents; and you have yet top show that his ability to do that would help him very much in an ambush

so, now your argument depends on Wolverine having abilities he ahs never actually shown, who's existence would make multiple showings go differently

No Caption Provided

As far as combat Speed goes... Wolverine is fast enough to tag Spider-Man. No one on the team can say the same.

I'm not sure if Longshot has ever shown any stealth feats

and there's nothing to suggest that this was any sort of surprise

and Conan was able to tag Captain America, so there you go; I mena, I geuss I could begin scale from when Spider-man faught Red Sonja, but you'd just call non-cannon

so really your just bragging that Wolverine shares a universe with Spider-man, while trying to say that when Wolverine kinda manages to touch Spider-man that's somehow putting him above everyone else

anyways, Spider-Man has been tagged by all sorts of slow people

No Caption Provided

in that first scan, Wolverine didn't grab that rocket, he just stuck his claws in the rocket's path

and in the second one he manages to hit three of a giant rain of rockets, other than that it's to vague to really discern much (the lack of background doesn't help)

#120 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: Ugh.

wrestling gorillas into submission and kicking dinosaurs unconscious, ambushing entire societies, and stopping rhinos in their tracks just don't count?

Prove it!

You've asked for scans of this and that. But you have shown almost nothing. Please show me what happened after that scan of him kicking the Dinosaur. Please, I'd like to see. Oh! And the rhino feat please. Because you've stated what two other people posted acting like you said it first.

Uhm, I don't know man. Why does Superman get smacked around some times, why doesn't Wally just speedblitz the whole issue, why doesn't Martian Man Hunter just mind destroy the bad guys? FOR THE PLOT. If every hero used their maximum potential there would be no story. Him getting ambushed in those TWO scans you posted it was to further the story. I wouldn't say consistently seeing how you have 2 scans vs what like 5-6 scans of him sensing bad guys or fighting invisible foes. 5>2. Just like Wolverine> Tarzan.

and teh Fantastic four know that Logan exists, so the feat doesn't even really match

What ever the hell that means.

Conan caught that spear, Conan matched the greatest swordsman on Earth, Conan has matched large goups of people on multiple occasions, even fighting off twenty assassins naked (in The Phoenix on the Sword)

Do I really have to show you Logan fighting 20+ people? It's an everyday thing almost for him, seriously.

All you're doing is lowballing and showing PIS feats that rarely happen(Kingpin tagging Spiderman) you whine, and demand seeing context and scans but all you've shown for Tarzan is a handful of novel feats. Yes Conan is strong, but to slow to tag Wolverine. Tarzan isn't on the same speed as Logan and could be sensed. Get over it. Kull just sucks, the scans I saw were nothing impressive and he would easily be taken out first.

To round this up. @shawnbaby I'll help you out here.

in that first scan, Wolverine didn't grab that rocket, he just stuck his claws in the rocket's path

Yeah, he still had the reaction time to do it. Show us that Tarzan is even a bullet timer, haha.

and in the second one he manages to hit three of a giant rain of rockets, other than that it's to vague to really discern much

You said it. He hit 3 rockets. What more do you fracking want?

But any way, I am officially done with this fight. You're just to ignorant, we've shown you what you wanted to see. You don't show us anything in return. Please don't reply, but even if you do I wont reply back. So don't waste your time.

Have a nice day.

#121 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@betatesthighlander1: Ugh.

Prove it!

You've asked for scans of this and that. But you have shown almost nothing. Please show me what happened after that scan of him kicking the Dinosaur. Please, I'd like to see. Oh! And the rhino feat please. Because you've stated what two other people posted acting like you said it first.

all of these scans have already been posted

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
@jwalser3 said:

Uhm, I don't know man. Why does Superman get smacked around some times, why doesn't Wally just speedblitz the whole issue, why doesn't Martian Man Hunter just mind destroy the bad guys? FOR THE PLOT. If every hero used their maximum potential there would be no story. Him getting ambushed in those TWO scans you posted it was to further the story. I wouldn't say consistently seeing how you have 2 scans vs what like 5-6 scans of him sensing bad guys or fighting invisible foes. 5>2. Just like Wolverine> Tarzan.

wait, when was he ever fighting an invisible foe?

and when has he avoided someone who was trying to sneak up on him?

and yes, everything that happens in a story is for plot, what's your point?

the OP seems to suggest that their in character

@jwalser3 said:

What ever the hell that means.

that means Logan broke into a place with essentially no feats for security

and his stealth is still nowhere near Tarzan

@jwalser3 said:

Do I really have to show you Logan fighting 20+ people? It's an everyday thing almost for him, seriously.

All you're doing is lowballing and showing PIS feats that rarely happen(Kingpin tagging Spiderman) you whine, and demand seeing context and scans but all you've shown for Tarzan is a handful of novel feats. Yes Conan is strong, but to slow to tag Wolverine. Tarzan isn't on the same speed as Logan and could be sensed. Get over it. Kull just sucks, the scans I saw were nothing impressive and he would easily be taken out first.

I'm saying Conan does have the speed to match Wolverine

you accuse everything that would disagree with you as PIS, it makes it hard to defend

and Punisher has also tagged Spider-Man, so there's that

your accusing me of whining and than going on to say my team is worthless because they "suck"

@jwalser3 said:

Yeah, he still had the reaction time to do it. Show us that Tarzan is even a bullet timer, haha.

and in the second one he manages to hit three of a giant rain of rockets, other than that it's to vague to really discern much

But any way, I am officially done with this fight. You're just to ignorant, we've shown you what you wanted to see. You don't show us anything in return. Please don't reply, but even if you do I wont reply back. So don't waste your time.

Have a nice day.

1. rockets move nowhere nearly as fast as bullets

Loading Video...

a stationary sword can still cut through bullets, what you showed was no speed feat

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
#122 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (7661 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

First, and as a fan of Conan, nice scans! I will surely be stealing one or three in the future. Conan is no doubt as bad as bad can be ... for a human (barbarian adage notwithstanding).

Second, again, as a fan of Conan, there is no way the Cimmerian solos Wolverine. Heck, I can outdo all those scans by posting Wolverine's one jaunt in the Savage Land during Kubert's run, where he tears through dozens of dinos at once (plus a T-Rex to boot). Heck, in his recent title "Savage Wolverine", he destroy giant gorilla creatures by the handful (I think there were three or four) in a brutal battle. Not just one at a time.

As to strength, Wolverine has the better strength feats. He's KO'd a demonic possessed grizzly in two blows (no claws). Hoisted a great white shark by the tail onto a boat while floating in the ocean (meaning zero leverage - all upper body/core strength). Hoisted a dozen men in the air with one arm. Wielded a huge tree trunk like a baseball bat. Kicked through a solid steel door in one kick. Dented a steel wall with a casual reverse backhand. Has broken through seemingly "indestructible" bonds three times, casually snapping through handcuffs once ... the list goes on. Wolverine is largely considered a 2 tonner. Conan is not.

That said, it depends which Logan shows up. If we're assuming the feral martial artist shows up, with all his high end feats in play, he can take this readily. I do admit, Wolverine tends to job to top tier fighters (like Conan) to validate them as Wolverine generally overpowers most other street levelers (save Spider-Man), and he tanks all too often forgoing the use of martial skill, as his healing factor makes Logan soaking up the damage the easier route to write. He can survive being impaled, Conan cannot.

All in all, taking the middle road between the two extremes, Wolverine should take a slight majority. This is far from easy though ...

#123 Edited by laflux (24735 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: I think your giving the team to much credit- I still haven't seen anything to say why wolverine doesn't take a comfortable majority (granted I've only had the scans presented concerning the team). I'd even say that Logan wins sans claws. And since when does Spider-Man generally overpower Wolverine? The reason why so many fans were so happy to see Spider-Man (Not even Peter but SpOck being the real shocker), is that Wolverine has the better Head to Head record as far as comicbook encounters go. I still wake up with palpitations in the middle of the night because of Spider-Man being one shotted by a sucker punch by Logan D:

#124 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (7661 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@betatesthighlander1: what did the greatest swordsman in conans universe do that makes beating him more impressive then wolverine beating silver samurai? And again there is no eveidence Conan is better then shingen. Saying Conan is better then shingen doesn't make it true. Your link works there is just nothing there. It's a link to a review... There are no quotes there.

FYI; Lord Shingen Harada (his son Keniuchio, a.k.a The Silver Samurai, was his pupil) when living, was hailed as the best swordsman in Japan in the Marvel U at the time. That's not nothing. Also of note (to aid) is Wolverine is not engaging Conan in a sword fight. So he doesn't have to prove the better swordsman (which Logan probably isn't to be fair to Conan). He's using his claws ... of which Wolverine is no doubt a master. He doesn't even need to be a better weapons fighter than Conan, as the first time he parries or blocks, Conan's weapon is neutralized. Conan cannot separate Logan's limbs, and even piercing Logan's core will not drop Wolverine.

All this talk of Wolverine getting hurt by Shingen is a little silly considering the context. I agree with your points. Shingen hitting nerve clusters with every blow that would kill a normal human, and Wolverine doesn't drop, is actually an awesome showing for Logan. The fact he was poisoned with lethal doses enough to drop several dozen men beforehand is also not to be dismissed. Slowing him enough (effectively de-powering him) so that Shingen could actually tag him.

Wolverine kills Shingen in their second encounter.

Conan, with regular steel, loses terribly to Wolverine. Logan's getting low-balled by those stating otherwise. And I have read extensively on Conan ... grew up reading The Savage Sword ... I know more than a little about him.

#125 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (7661 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@super_soldierxii: I think your giving the team to much credit- I still haven't seen anything to say why wolverine doesn't take a comfortable majority (granted I've only had the scans presented concerning the team). I'd even say that Logan wins sans claws. And since when does Spider-Man generally overpower Wolverine? The reason why so many fans were so happy to see Spider-Man (Not even Peter but SpOck being the really shocker), is that Wolverine has the better Head to Head record as far as comicbook encounters go. I still wake up with palpitations in the middle of the night because of Spider-Man being one shotted by a sucker punch by Logan D:

All part of the plan. All part of the plan.

Too eager grasshopper. :P

#126 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1937 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

This is a comic I'd buy...

#127 Posted by Shawnbaby (11064 posts) - - Show Bio

Have a nice day.

Loading Video...

a stationary sword can still cut through bullets, what you showed was no speed feat

Rockets are slower than bullets...that much is true...but they are still much faster than spears...and that's the best Speed feat you've managed to show for Conan...

And you video is meaningless. Yes, The sword can split a bullet on its own...but actually using the sword to intercept the bullet is speed.

Once again, you can't match the feat...so you do everything you can to discredit it. Your debating style is predictable and tedious.

#128 Edited by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

Have a nice day.

Loading Video...

Rockets are slower than bullets...that much is true...but they are still much faster than spears...and that's the best Speed feat you've managed to show for Conan...

And you video is meaningless. Yes, The sword can split a bullet on its own...but actually using the sword to intercept the bullet is speed.

Once again, you can't match the feat...so you do everything you can to discredit it. Your debating style is predictable and tedious.

Even if rockets are faster than spears, Wolverine didn't caught rocket, he just stabed the rocket lol, and there were many of them.

#129 Posted by Shawnbaby (11064 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: He slashed 3 of them out of the air after bouncing off of a wall.

No Caption Provided

but if you want a superior catching feat .. here it is again

No Caption Provided

Wolverine deflects all of Longshots projectiles...except for one which he catches with his other hand. Notice he doesn't just deflect them...he redirects them towards Havok and Dazzler for them to shoot down.

#130 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: I think @bigcimmerian pretty much explained what I was trying to say

and I am kinda upset about how you keep insulting my debating style

No Caption Provided

This is a comic I'd buy...

yeah, that would be relevant to this thread

do you know if anyone would have scans for that?

@betatesthighlander1:

First, and as a fan of Conan, nice scans! I will surely be stealing one or three in the future. Conan is no doubt as bad as bad can be ... for a human (barbarian adage notwithstanding).

heh, thanks

Second, again, as a fan of Conan, there is no way the Cimmerian solos Wolverine. Heck, I can outdo all those scans by posting Wolverine's one jaunt in the Savage Land during Kubert's run, where he tears through dozens of dinos at once (plus a T-Rex to boot). Heck, in his recent title "Savage Wolverine", he destroy giant gorilla creatures by the handful (I think there were three or four) in a brutal battle. Not just one at a time.

well, while impressive, Conan has shown remarkable competence against a variety of giant humanoids, lest I remind you of the battle at the end of Pool of the Black One

taht being said, Conan doesn't need to solo, he has allies here

As to strength, Wolverine has the better strength feats. He's KO'd a demonic possessed grizzly in two blows (no claws). Hoisted a great white shark by the tail onto a boat while floating in the ocean (meaning zero leverage - all upper body/core strength). Hoisted a dozen men in the air with one arm. Wielded a huge tree trunk like a baseball bat. Kicked through a solid steel door in one kick. Dented a steel wall with a casual reverse backhand. Has broken through seemingly "indestructible" bonds three times, casually snapping through handcuffs once ... the list goes on. Wolverine is largely considered a 2 tonner. Conan is not.

I would kinda like to see some scans of all those things you listed

Conan has lifted things that would weigh around two tons before,

No Caption Provided

That said, it depends which Logan shows up. If we're assuming the feral martial artist shows up, with all his high end feats in play, he can take this readily. I do admit, Wolverine tends to job to top tier fighters (like Conan) to validate them as Wolverine generally overpowers most other street levelers (save Spider-Man), and he tanks all too often forgoing the use of martial skill, as his healing factor makes Logan soaking up the damage the easier route to write. He can survive being impaled, Conan cannot.

I don't know about the jobbing thing, he has been matched by Deadpool, Iron Fist, Captain America, The Punisher, and dardevil

All in all, taking the middle road between the two extremes, Wolverine should take a slight majority. This is far from easy though ...

I could see that

but I still don't see him getting around Tarzan's adamantium lassos very easily

@jashro44 said:

@betatesthighlander1: what did the greatest swordsman in conans universe do that makes beating him more impressive then wolverine beating silver samurai? And again there is no eveidence Conan is better then shingen. Saying Conan is better then shingen doesn't make it true. Your link works there is just nothing there. It's a link to a review... There are no quotes there.

FYI; Lord Shingen Harada (his son Keniuchio, a.k.a The Silver Samurai, was his pupil) when living, was hailed as the best swordsman in Japan in the Marvel U at the time. That's not nothing. Also of note (to aid) is Wolverine is not engaging Conan in a sword fight. So he doesn't have to prove the better swordsman (which Logan probably isn't to be fair to Conan). He's using his claws ... of which Wolverine is no doubt a master. He doesn't even need to be a better weapons fighter than Conan, as the first time he parries or blocks, Conan's weapon is neutralized. Conan cannot separate Logan's limbs, and even piercing Logan's core will not drop Wolverine.

while Silver Surfer was Harada's illegitimate son, I don't think that he was trained by Lord Shingen

and was he really regarded as the best swordsman?

as for the bladefight, Shingen was able to match clawed Wolverine with just his sword; and while Conan cannot actually separate limbs, he can cut through muscles and tendons

All this talk of Wolverine getting hurt by Shingen is a little silly considering the context. I agree with your points. Shingen hitting nerve clusters with every blow that would kill a normal human, and Wolverine doesn't drop, is actually an awesome showing for Logan. The fact he was poisoned with lethal doses enough to drop several dozen men beforehand is also not to be dismissed. Slowing him enough (effectively de-powering him) so that Shingen could actually tag him.

I'm really considering their second fight more than their first, the one where Logan was able to in by impaling himself on Shingen's sword?

Wolverine kills Shingen in their second encounter.

but it was hardly easy

Conan, with regular steel, loses terribly to Wolverine. Logan's getting low-balled by those stating otherwise. And I have read extensively on Conan ... grew up reading The Savage Sword ... I know more than a little about him.

I don't know man, Conan was pretty invincible in pretty much everything Howard wrote, while James Howlett is a bit less consistent on the scale from invincible to weaksauce

#131 Posted by Shawnbaby (11064 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: As soon as you take a side in a debate...your methodology is just to try and low-ball the other side. You can't provide any evidence to put your team on Logan's Level...so you just downplay everything he's done and try to sell a few low-end scans as the norm. I've asked you repeatedly to provide some evidence that they are on the same speed level as Wolverine...and instead of doing so...you just try and dismiss every single example of Wolverine operating faster than what you can show for the team. I provide multiple examples of Logan using his senses to detect enemies...and you try and dismiss those examples and set up your own as the standard. You tried to downplay the feat of Wolverine being able to distinctly recognize 2 separate heartbeats and that he could recognize that they were breathing through masks at the far end of a room from the other side of a door. You even tried to make a case that Daredevil admitting Wolverine's sense of smell was better than his own was not a big deal.

Constantly low-balling is not a tactic that is worth respecting. So I'm not terribly concerned about your feelings.

#132 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: okay, you haven't really done much to say Wolverine was really above my guys levels

and I could just as easily say that you were wanking Wolverine as you could say that I was low balling him

and you have provided no examples of Wolverine actually avoiding an ambush set up for Wolverine, just vaguely implying that he possibly could do something, while, in practice, as his multiple ambushes at the hands of regular people have shown, he can't usually depend on his senses when someone is out for him and he's already preoccupied; sorry to say this, but actual feats beat skills that someone hypothetically has

so, again, what really just puts Wolverine above these guys?

that he was able to stick out his claws and a missile hit them?

that he was able to fight giant gorillas (like none of these guys have done anything like that)?

what is there to even kind of say that WOlverine wouldn't just be strangled by one of Tarzan's vines; or does duping an entire society of people for months at a time while regularly killing multiple members of that society and breaking into the center of their largest city on a regular basis without ever being noticed; while regularly hunting and killing lions and avoiding the rest of the ridiculous threats in The Jungle as presented by a series of early adventure stories just not do it for stealth?

because people with much worse stealth feats have gotten the drop on WOlverine, and you have yet to show him avoiding attack from anyone with better stealth feats

#133 Edited by Shawnbaby (11064 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: How about that he was able to dodge bullets? Any of them fast enough to dodge bullets? Or cut Rockets out of the air:

Explain to me again how this scan isn't impressive when the only thing you have to compare to it is Conan Catching A Spear
Explain to me again how this scan isn't impressive when the only thing you have to compare to it is Conan Catching A Spear

I haven't even got into Fan Wankery territory For Logan yet....Everything I've posted was fairly "middle-of the-road" for him.

Wolverine Vs The Hulk. Some people might be tempted to call it PIS that Wolverine can go up against the Hulk...but he's consistently been shown to give Hulk a good fight. Here's one in the entirety.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wolverine Vs Mr. X. If you are unaware of Mr. X...he is a something of a combat telepath. Wolverine figures out his trick and just goes into feral mode to defeat him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wolverine demonstrating some Krav Maga for Kitty Pryde. You can track the Cigars he throws up at the start of the fight.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now for the Fan Wankery:

Punches Rogue through a Wall...while still recovering from the effect of her taking his powers.

No Caption Provided

Wolverine Ridiculous Healing factor Feats...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#134 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: I must add that when he lift that giant stone he was still a teenager lol, his strength became much greater by the time he was in his late twenties.

#135 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (7661 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

Honestly, the stone Conan was lifting was probably 500lbs max (stone is roughly 80lbs the cubic foot). Wolverine's kicked bigger boulders, yes kicked, destroying and / or sending them flying.

Everyone has spent way too much time brooding over the Miller / Claremont Wolverine read from 1984. Wolverine's been retrofitted aplenty since those times - especially his durability. And there is oh so much more material to look at ... Wolverine has close to 5000 showings guys. Move on. Because harping on such showings - cherry picking only a select few - is, in fact, low-balling.

In fact, I've perused this thread in its entirety now, and have yet to find too many high end Wolverine feats within. I suggest you sift through a respect thread or two, because the feats I can enumerate blow anything Conan has out of the water on every level. You ask for scans of the few strength feats I mentioned, when they are all very, very common knowledge and you can easily find them with a little Google effort on your own. You show Conan manhandle a muscleman wrestler (for example). Heck, Wolverine's beaten Roughouse, a 50 - 70 tonner, in a fist fight punching one another through concrete walls ... he's also KO'd Caliban (a 15 tonner) with his fists. Haven't seen Conan KO a foe who can topple buildings with his fists before personally (because he hasn't of course). That's just off the top of my head.

You really have no leg to stand on whatsoever when trying to compare the two.

As far as Logan's senses go, he has dozens upon dozens of supernatural feats not yet highlighted herein (like hearing repressed ninja heartbeats from behind closed doors, catching Havok's scent in heavily populated Cairo Egypt a full day after he had left the city, sensing Onslaughts psychic presence when no one could, sensing Kitty Pride in complete incorporeal form, even her emotional state, when no technology or person / telepath could etc. etc. etc.). Again, please visit a respect thread and inform yourself a little more before denouncing what you appear to know so little about or it's just arguing for arguments sake.

As to speed feats, well, before we go too far into those, let's ponder one little word in Marvel land that has no correlation in Cimmeria - "bullets". Wolverine's dodged bullets point blank on numerous occasions (though he usually just tanks them because he can) - projectiles that travel at 800 meters per second. Even DD, the master of avoidance, was impressed at Logan's bullet dodging abilities. Conan's never come close to accomplishing such (arrows only travel at around 300 feet per second in comparison). No sense in taking the conversation further than this unless you have something to top it?

Cheers.

#136 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: How about that he was able to dodge bullets? Any of them fast enough to dodge bullets? Or cut Rockets out of the air:

I haven't even got into Fan Wankery territory For Logan yet....Everything I've posted was fairly "middle-of the-road" for him.

that's not impressive because there was a giant swarm of missiles and Logan just swung blindly into the swarm, no more impressive than Colossus catching them with his chest

Wolverine Vs The Hulk. Some people might be tempted to call it PIS that Wolverine can go up against the Hulk...but he's consistently been shown to give Hulk a good fight. Here's one in the entirety.

different people are good against different people, street levelers also go toe-to-toe with Wolverine on a fairly consistent basis

Wolverine Vs Mr. X. If you are unaware of Mr. X...he is a something of a combat telepath. Wolverine figures out his trick and just goes into feral mode to defeat him.

Conan grew up fighting Picts and Nordheim berserkers

Tarzan grew up fighting Apes and other jungle animals

Kull has been fighting snake men for quite some time

totally feral oppnents are nothing new to any of these people

Wolverine demonstrating some Krav Maga for Kitty Pryde. You can track the Cigars he throws up at the start of the fight.

I guess that's pretty impressive

Now for the Fan Wankery:

Punches Rogue through a Wall...while still recovering from the effect of her taking his powers.

a bit of a weird feat there

Wolverine Ridiculous Healing factor Feats...

we don't need to permanently kill Wolverine for victory conditions

@betatesthighlander1:

Honestly, the stone Conan was lifting was probably 500lbs max (stone is roughly 80lbs the cubic foot). Wolverine's kicked bigger boulders, yes kicked, destroying and / or sending them flying.

not so sure about that

Everyone has spent way too much time brooding over the Miller / Claremont Wolverine read from 1984. Wolverine's been retrofitted aplenty since those times - especially his durability. And there is oh so much more material to look at ... Wolverine has close to 5000 showings guys. Move on. Because harping on such showings - cherry picking only a select few - is, in fact, low-balling.

what about all the other times street levelers and people with no powers have whipped Wolverine?

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

seems to happen a lot, just sayin'

In fact, I've perused this thread in its entirety now, and have yet to find too many high end Wolverine feats within. I suggest you sift through a respect thread or two, because the feats I can enumerate blow anything Conan has out of the water on every level. You ask for scans of the few strength feats I mentioned, when they are all very, very common knowledge and you can easily find them with a little Google effort on your own. You show Conan manhandle a muscleman wrestler (for example). Heck, Wolverine's beaten Roughouse, a 50 - 70 tonner, in a fist fight punching one another through concrete walls ... he's also KO'd Caliban (a 15 tonner) with his fists. Haven't seen Conan KO a foe who can topple buildings with his fists before personally (because he hasn't of course). That's just off the top of my head.

Conan fights gods on a regular basis for whatever that's worth, you could read this http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600801h.html (the fight scene is a bit to long to post hear)

and it's kind of your prerogative to supply scans of what your saying

You really have no leg to stand on whatsoever when trying to compare the two.

Wolverine: guy who gets matched regularly by peak humans

Conan: peak human

Tarzan: peak human

Kull: peak human

Wolverine: guy with a berserker fighting style

Conan: regularly fights Picts and Nordheimers

Tarzan: easily out-wrestles Apes and fights jungle creatures on a regular basis

Kull: famed slayer of snake men

Woverine: functionally immortal

Conan: fights gods regularly

Tarzan: is immortal (since the end of Tarzan's Quest)

Kull: also fights people like Thulsa Doom

As far as Logan's senses go, he has dozens upon dozens of supernatural feats not yet highlighted herein (like hearing repressed ninja heartbeats from behind closed doors, catching Havok's scent in heavily populated Cairo Egypt a full day after he had left the city, sensing Onslaughts psychic presence when no one could, sensing Kitty Pride in complete incorporeal form, even her emotional state, when no technology or person / telepath could etc. etc. etc.). Again, please visit a respect thread and inform yourself a little more before denouncing what you appear to know so little about or it's just arguing for arguments sake.

again, it's your prerogative to show feats for your own arguments

that being said, he seems like he needs to actively try to sense them to sense them, judging by how often people manage to sneak up on him

As to speed feats, well, before we go too far into those, let's ponder one little word in Marvel land that has no correlation in Cimmeria - "bullets". Wolverine's dodged bullets point blank on numerous occasions (though he usually just tanks them because he can) - projectiles that travel at 800 meters per second. Even DD, the master of avoidance, was impressed at Logan's bullet dodging abilities. Conan's never come close to accomplishing such (arrows only travel at around 300 feet per second in comparison). No sense in taking the conversation further than this unless you have something to top it?

no, Wolverine is not a bullet timer; the one "feat" showed nothing of the sort, it showed a guy missing and a blind man making a statement

Cheers.

likewise

#137 Posted by Shawnbaby (11064 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: Yup. Once again....No proof..just more downplaying of feats and lowballing. Weaksauce.

And Daredevil. He's just a "Blind Man" is he? Hilarious. And despite the fact that the guy was firing at point blank range...he missed Wolverine.

And I posted another scan of Wolverine Dodging Bullets..

8 Gunmen. Automatic Weapons.  Dozens of rounds fired. Wolverine isn't touched.
8 Gunmen. Automatic Weapons. Dozens of rounds fired. Wolverine isn't touched.

Again, Show us some evidence of Any of team Conan operating at the same level of speed.

#138 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: Prove that any of your guys are bullet timers. Hell, I'm still waiting on those faster then the human eye. Lol.

#139 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@betatesthighlander1: Prove that any of your guys are bullet timers. Hell, I'm still waiting on those faster then the human eye. Lol.

since when is Wolverine a bullet-timer?

@betatesthighlander1: Yup. Once again....No proof..just more downplaying of feats and lowballing. Weaksauce.

And Daredevil. He's just a "Blind Man" is he? Hilarious. And despite the fact that the guy was firing at point blank range...he missed Wolverine.

And I posted another scan of Wolverine Dodging Bullets..

Again, Show us some evidence of Any of team Conan operating at the same level of speed.

yeah, those people are just missing, because thugs in comics never hit anything

again, heroes in comics don't get shot because bad guys in comics can't aim, are you gonna argue that cyclops is a bullet-timer?

#140 Posted by Shawnbaby (11064 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: If Wolverine is as slow as you claim...how come you still can't find any examples of any of the team performing at the same level of speed?

Here's a few more feats for you to try and lowball....while you continue to fail to show any examples of Tarzan and Company's Speed.

Effectively vanishes before any of the shots can reach him. Before you discredit their aim...take notice that all their shots hit precisely where he was sitting.
Effectively vanishes before any of the shots can reach him. Before you discredit their aim...take notice that all their shots hit precisely where he was sitting.
Moves faster than the eye can follow to chop of this man's hand
Moves faster than the eye can follow to chop of this man's hand
Cut's off Storm's Cape as she flies by at blurring Speeds....doesn't touch her at all.
Cut's off Storm's Cape as she flies by at blurring Speeds....doesn't touch her at all.

#141 Edited by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio
#142 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (7661 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

what about all the other times street levelers and people with no powers have whipped Wolverine?

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

The rest of your post isn't worth responding to to be honest. The holes and the fallacy speak for themselves and I don't feel like arguing with someone about whether or not the sky is blue and grass is green ... obvious is obvious.

But his part, this was too rich to pass up. First and foremost, please do yourself a favor and try to read the books of the random scans you highjack from Google. Because you just risk embarrassing yourself with silliness like the pics posted above when you don't.

1. Punisher fighting Wolverine was written by Ennis (as you've already been told but conveniently choose not to care), and the Punisher just so happens to be his favorite Marvel character. Yeah, Ennis. Who admitted in interviews to deriving no small amount of pleasure in seeing Frank humiliate Wolverine. That showing is PIS and WIS at its finest, ignoring everything about the character "Wolverine" save his healing factor. That's called writer induced stupidity and is indeed low balling the character in question. Most with but an iota of discernment acknowledge this - guess you simply lack said discernment.

So yeah, Wolverine was jobbing to tickle Ennis' funny bone. Low balling indeed.

Even if you want to take the showing seriously (and you obviously do), Frank was using hit and run tactics even so. It wasn't a mano a mano fight. Conan, Tarzan & Krull do not have a sawed off shotgun or ranged ordinance with Frank's training to do likewise I'm afraid. In other words, it has no relevance or correlation to the battle in question.

2. Lol sums it up nicely. Wolverine actually beat Iron Fist in that sparring session, Iron Fist, the martial master many tout as the best hand to hand martial artist in the Marvel Universe (or at the least among the top three). So, Wolverine beating Iron Fist in a sparring session is a low showing now huh? Guess you didn't look close enough at your own scans, or better yet, read the book before pretending to know anything about it.

3. Wolverine beats Captain America while brainwashed ... fight ends with Cap completely at Logan's mercy. And ... what's your point exactly? Right. You don't have one. Instead, you're just proving ours in showing Wolverine getting the upper hand against another of Marvel's martial masters.

4. DD throat chop has been invalidated again and again. First, Wolverine was fighting both Spider-Man (a 10 - 15 tonner) and Daredevil in that "Ennis" written book AT THE SAME TIME. Wolverine dropped Spider-Man with a kick to the groin the panel beforehand ... so if you want to justify using that crap, you have to take into account Wolverine dropped an adversary 10 times more physically impressive than Conan and company in every which way; strength, speed, avoidance, agility etc. (i.e Spider-Man). Additionally, aside from being written by Ennis, that showing's been since invalidated by a plethora of feats showing Wolverine soaking far more damage without dropping and gasping for air like that. Another point you choose to ignore.

5. As to Elektra, please, just read the book and learn context. Elektra should be able to "contain" Wolverine for a few panels. But damn dude, read the book and stop cherry picking pages k?

And all this doesn't even touch upon the fact you're low balling A-Listers like Iron Fist and Captain America (DD too to an extent) by treating them as though they are somehow less threats than Conan, Tarzan or Krull. Iron Fist would decimate all three. In fact, all the antagonists on this list would beat Tarzan and Krull with relative ease. Conan would give more trouble to a few, but it's by no means a foregone conclusion.

#143 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: not seeing any of those beating Tarzan's hiding from an entire civilization

@jwalser3 said:

@betatesthighlander1: Since forever. Prove that Tarzan is a bullet timer. Prove any of the 3 are.

No Caption Provided

@betatesthighlander1:

The rest of your post isn't worth responding to to be honest. The holes and the fallacy speak for themselves and I don't feel like arguing with someone about whether or not the sky is blue and grass is green ... obvious is obvious.

yeah, just pretend that your argument is self-evident

that's gonna make you look really smart, just act like you don't even need to bother with an argument

But his part, this was too rich to pass up. First and foremost, please do yourself a favor and try to read the books of the random scans you highjack from Google. Because you just risk embarrassing yourself with silliness like the pics posted above when you don't.

and you've read every book for Conan, Tarzan, and Kull?

1. Punisher fighting Wolverine was written by Ennis (as you've already been told but conveniently choose not to care), and the Punisher just so happens to be his favorite Marvel character. Yeah, Ennis. Who admitted in interviews to deriving no small amount of pleasure in seeing Frank humiliate Wolverine. That showing is PIS and WIS at its finest, ignoring everything about the character "Wolverine" save his healing factor. That's called writer induced stupidity and is indeed low balling the character in question. Most with but an iota of discernment acknowledge this - guess you simply lack said discernment.

So yeah, Wolverine was jobbing to tickle Ennis' funny bone. Low balling indeed.

Even if you want to take the showing seriously (and you obviously do), Frank was using hit and run tactics even so. It wasn't a mano a mano fight. Conan, Tarzan & Krull do not have a sawed off shotgun or ranged ordinance with Frank's training to do likewise I'm afraid. In other words, it has no relevance or correlation to the battle in question.

"everything that shows Wolverine getting hurt by people I don't want to hurt Wolverine doesn't count"

seriously, I do get how you don't like irregular showings, because, as we all know, no writer ever exaggerates Wolverine's powers because they think Wolverine is cool; and i'm absolutely sure that no one would use such PIS and WIS feats to justify Wolverine's power

anyways, these people are no strangers to hit and run tactics, I've already posted some scans of Tarzan using them, so I'm starting to think you haven't actually read any of this thread

2. Lol sums it up nicely. Wolverine actually beat Iron Fist in that sparring session, Iron Fist, the martial master many tout as the best hand to hand martial artist in the Marvel Universe (or at the least among the top three). So, Wolverine beating Iron Fist in a sparring session is a low showing now huh? Guess you didn't look close enough at your own scans, or better yet, read the book before pretending to know anything about it.

yeah, regular martial artists manage to hurt Wolverine time and again, that's my point

and Conan has taken out Captain America, so that would put him in Marvel's top HtH guys

3. Wolverine beats Captain America while brainwashed ... fight ends with Cap completely at Logan's mercy. And ... what's your point exactly? Right. You don't have one. Instead, you're just proving ours in showing Wolverine getting the upper hand against another of Marvel's martial masters.

and so does Conan, who, in this fight, has three pears by his side

seriously though, Wolverine does usually have trouble with Captain America, and Conan pretty handily beat the guy

4. DD throat chop has been invalidated again and again. First, Wolverine was fighting both Spider-Man (a 10 - 15 tonner) and Daredevil in that "Ennis" written book AT THE SAME TIME. Wolverine dropped Spider-Man with a kick to the groin the panel beforehand ... so if you want to justify using that crap, you have to take into account Wolverine dropped an adversary 10 times more physically impressive than Conan and company in every which way; strength, speed, avoidance, agility etc. (i.e Spider-Man). Additionally, aside from being written by Ennis, that showing's been since invalidated by a plethora of feats showing Wolverine soaking far more damage without dropping and gasping for air like that. Another point you choose to ignore.

yeah, Spider-man is regularly thrown around by Kingpin, not exactly invincible to normal people

5. As to Elektra, please, just read the book and learn context. Elektra should be able to "contain" Wolverine for a few panels. But damn dude, read the book and stop cherry picking pages k?

look, man, what do you have to say about the lord Shingen stuff?

or all those times Wolverine has actually been beaten by Spider-man or regular ninjas?

And all this doesn't even touch upon the fact you're low balling A-Listers like Iron Fist and Captain America (DD too to an extent) by treating them as though they are somehow less threats than Conan, Tarzan or Krull. Iron Fist would decimate all three. In fact, all the antagonists on this list would beat Tarzan and Krull with relative ease. Conan would give more trouble to a few, but it's by no means a foregone conclusion.

say what, mate?
say what, mate?

seriously though, I'd like any showing from Kull or Tarzan that would suggests that they would be so easily manhandled by Iron Fist or Daredevil

because these peopela re teh pinnacle humans of their locations, abnd your showing litle to suggets why they'd actually lose, just saying that other martial artists are higher than them

#144 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: Doesn't really say he dodged it. It just says it whirred in the air above his head. Im getting the impression the fodder shooting at him missed. Now if it said "He dropped down as the bullet whirred through the air" I'd say he dodged it. But that sounds like he miss. So sorry

As for that scan of Conan vs. Captain America......

Here is a scan of another "What If?" .......Wolverine vs Conan

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1315638

So bye bye Conan.

#145 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio
#146 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@betatesthighlander1: Doesn't really say he dodged it. It just says it whirred in the air above his head. Im getting the impression the fodder shooting at him missed. Now if it said "He dropped down as the bullet whirred through the air" I'd say he dodged it. But that sounds like he miss. So sorry

wow, it's almost like its exactly the same as all of the "bullet dodging" Wolverine did

@jwalser3 said:

Here is a scan of another "What If?" .......Wolverine vs Conan

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1315638

So bye bye Conan.

notice that fight didn't actually finish, Wolverine still only managed to wound Conan, and in this scenario Wolverine has three other guys

#147 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: Yeah I guess you're right! It's not like the gunmen are at close range and we can read context of Wolverine Actually stating that he is moving to dodge it!

OH and by the way, Tarzan if the Apes Page 336, Tarzan gets shot. Bye bye.

#148 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7787 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@betatesthighlander1: Yeah I guess you're right! It's not like the gunmen are at close range and we can read context of Wolverine Actually stating that he is moving to dodge it!

it's not like gunman in comics ever actually hit anything

and it's nor like people don't constantly manage to shoot Wolverine

@jwalser3 said:

OH and by the way, Tarzan if the Apes Page 336, Tarzan gets shot. Bye bye.

you want a scan dump of Wolverine getting shot?

because he's been shot tons more than Tarzan, and your stiull trying to argue him a bullet timer

#149 Edited by Shawnbaby (11064 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii said:

and you've read every book for Conan, Tarzan, and Kull?

He hasn't tried to lowball Conan, Tarzan, and Kull with Scans he didn't understand the full context of. He, like the rest of us, has been asking fr showings that put Conan and Company on Wolverine's Level. Your only response has been to try and lowball Wolverine.

@shawnbaby: not seeing any of those beating Tarzan's hiding from an entire civilization

He didn't. They knew he was out there. They just thought he was some sort of Jungle God and they were afraid that to look at him was to invite death. Easy to hide when no one looks for you. It speaks to more of their superstitious nature than to Tarzan's Stealth.

@super_soldierxii said:

and so does Conan, who, in this fight, has three pears by his side

seriously though, Wolverine does usually have trouble with Captain America, and Conan pretty handily beat the guy

In a What If...which isn't Canon to anything but itself.

@super_soldierxii said:

yeah, regular martial artists manage to hurt Wolverine time and again, that's my point

and Conan has taken out Captain America, so that would put him in Marvel's top HtH guys

Hurting Wolverine isn't the same as beating Wolverine. In the scans you posted Wolverine ended up winning most of those fights....except the one with Spider-Man and Daredevil...in which he took out Spidey and then was blindsided by Daredevil with a hit that, compared to consistent feats, would not have disabled him.

And Again..your talking about a What If. Which again...is not Canon. It doesn't prove that Conan would beat 616 Cap. That version of Cap is entirely featless.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
#150 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine wins 7/10 his durability and HF along with his Admtm. claws and excellent h2h skills should grant him the victory. Team are all most likely faster and more agile but definitely not as skilled or durable. Logan just really needs one well placed hit on each of them and it is over.