Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Takes place were Ken fought Jason
Tanjiro Thinks this is supper moon 1 and Tanjiro is not play around he knows ken can regenerate and that’s it both are going all out win bk death ko or incap who wins

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KingCrimson

@joshua755: What version of Kaneki?

EDIT: and what version of Tanjiro?

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Current Tanjiro and Ken after the Jason fight in round 1

round 2 is current Ken sorry for not making that clear

Djoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to read Demon Slayer

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djoss: you should you man you are missing out on some great stuff

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KingCrimson

Tanjiro is fast and skilled enough to land a decap in R1. Kaneki is still pretty fast at that point, and I’d wager he has strength over Tanjiro, but it’s not enough to overwhelm him. Tanjiro on the other hand is drastically more skilled than this version of Kaneki, and his STW amp should give him a solid edge where speed is concerned. Ken obviously has one shot potential, but his kagune wasn’t all that versatile in the Aogiri arc. He only has a slim chance of beating Tanjiro in R1, and he definitely doesn’t take a majority. Tanjiro 9/10 for me.

R2 is a slaughterhouse for Ken though. Way too strong, way too fast, too tough to put down and he can disintegrate Tanjiro from a range.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tanjiro should undoubtedly beat Ken from the Jason fight. He had far less experience with his stats at that point and not much skill (martial arts wise anyway). The first time he fought a good martial artist at that point was Sachi and he got whooped there. I wouldn't put Sachi in sniffing distance of Tanjiro in skill.

Ken has no answer for Transparent World without Kakuja. Ken's healing was far less OP at that point, Tanjiro with experience against healers won't have an issue taxing him with dismemberment and decapitation. He's more impressive in combat speed being able to make after images and keep pace with Akaza who has consistent and sustained FTE speeds.

Tanjiro stands no chance against current Ken. That level of healing is OP and unmatched by the verse outside Muzan (and even including Muzan for now honestly).

Djoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Djoss

@joshua755: I had read like 20 chapters and I didn't like it, but that was last year. I saw a clip of a Zenitsu guy and I like him. I'm already prepared to see the anime in December, just hopping that is indeed that good.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: which version of Ken should I have used

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djoss: man it is you won’t go wrong with it

Kirbykirbstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

early ken gets beats. current ken mercs.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshua755: End of part 1 or One-Eyed King would be fine.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: The difference between the two is quite substantial, IMO.

Tanjiro could beat end of P1 Ken in a really good fight, but I think he takes a solid L to One-Eyed King Kaneki, looking purely at abilities.

Thinking about their moralities is quite interesting though - I think both would be quite reluctant to kill the other.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sy8000

@kingcrimson: I dont think theres a big difference. Maybe kagune manipulation. Ken beat Arima but really just by abusing his reach advantage and Arima's weak physicals in comparison. He was never a peer in speed or skill.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: Personally, I disagree.

Kaneki during his OEK arc was intended (and shown, IMO) to be much stronger than his P1 incarnation. His battle with Arima, in which he was definitely implied to be a peer in speed a skill, is a big flag. As Black Reaper Ken, he was far above his P1 self, even implied to be at the level Arima had shown up until then by Eto. Of course, Kishou still foderised him until he reached his OEK level, at which point he absolutely matched him in speed, and evidenced by his defeat of Kishou, his skill.

His Kakuja might work against STW, and his speed and strength is definitely above Tanjiro’s by that point, not to mention the range advantage he has which has shown to be a problem for Tanjiro in the latest chapter.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c27d87637fa
deactivated-60c27d87637fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tanjiro takes it with probably around low to mid diff from what I remember about this Kaneki.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: It's honestly been too long since I read Tokyo Ghoul for me to really refute that. Although Black Reaper Ken was suicidal (then again maybe just towards Arima) and I think Tanjiro would beat Arima with Transparent World.

I would also say the recent chapter isn't really a knock against Tanjiro considering he was heavily fatigued and Muzan's tentacles were FTE to him which wouldn't be the case against Ken. Transparent World has never been bound by sight so it can't be overwhelmed just by swarming from multiple angles. A bigger issue is that he's not familiar with the anatomy of kagune and may have a harder time reading them.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tanjiro

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000:

It's honestly been too long since I read Tokyo Ghoul for me to really refute that.

Scans just to remind you:

After seeing BR Kaneki trash an amped Kanae, Eto was unsure of who was stronger between Arima and Kaneki:

No Caption Provided

But in reality Arima was still fast enough to move FTE to a kakuja-amped BR Ken, as well as generally wipe the floor with him:

As of his OEK "amp", he was taking it to Arima in close quarters and was moving fast enough to circle out of range and into his blindspot pretty much instantly:

He didn't get tagged by Arima after that, not until after he'd already beaten him.

Even after going a few months without feeding, he was still fast enough as OEK to fight 2 Arata users (one of them being Suzuya) singlehandedly, and Hanbee stated Ken was still slightly faster than him. He should be much faster than Tanjiro, assuming he's fairly recently fed.

Although Black Reaper Ken was suicidal (then again maybe just towards Arima) and I think Tanjiro would beat Arima with Transparent World.

I don't think that he would. STW isn't infallible - Sanemi was managing to keep up with Kokushibo solo, despite the latter having STW whilst he didn't. Bearing in mind that Kokushibo has had hundreds of years experience with the STW, whilst Tanjiro has a minute or so at most.

In any case, a lot of Arima's fighting style revolves around utilising his quinques and their gimmicks, which I wouldn't imagine could be read like a body can.

I would also say the recent chapter isn't really a knock against Tanjiro considering he was heavily fatigued and Muzan's tentacles were FTE to him which wouldn't be the case against Ken.

Definitely not a knock by any means; I was just pointing out the similarities. Admittedly I missed that they were FTE to Tanjiro when reading the chapter which is pretty impressive.

Transparent World has never been bound by sight so it can't be overwhelmed just by swarming from multiple angles. A bigger issue is that he's not familiar with the anatomy of kagune and may have a harder time reading them.

I appreciate the point, but I don't think there is enough evidence of that. Himejima could use the STW, so it obviously isn't linked to traditional sight, but it's never been mentioned or shown that it gives the user 360 degree awareness that I recall.

Kaneki has a penchant for distracting his opponents and using sneak attacks mid-battle. Something like the below should work, STW or not:

No Caption Provided

Tanjiro's sense of smell might help him in that regard, but tough to tell how he'd differentiate the fake-out kagune's to the real ones.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#23 higherpower  Moderator

Am I missing something? Doesn’t Tanjirou stomp?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stomp? O.O what versions are you thinking of when you say that?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:
@higherpower said:

Current Tanjiro would comfortably beat Aogiri Ken, but I don't think it's a stomp by any means.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@kingcrimson said:
@sy8000 said:
@higherpower said:

Current Tanjiro would comfortably beat Aogiri Ken, but I don't think it's a stomp by any means.

I only read the OP. I didn't see that there was a round 2.

He really should have no trouble beating Kaneki as of the fight with Jason.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higherpower: I disagree with no trouble. Ken is a fair bit stronger, incredibly agile and has a range advantage. Tanjiro should beat him for a comfortable majority, but it’s not like Ken wouldn’t be a threat. He’s still rocking upper moon level strength/speed at that point.

Zokyozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zokyozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higherpower: well tanjiro might have something to say with his sword he broke his sword a lot in the manga and if he can still use the breath then he can dodge it easily because he have supersonic speed he can win a fight with an uppermoon is because there his friend who help him and he win muzan is because of the poison so kaneki could win tanjiro

Zokyozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if he tried to cut kaneki head the sword gonna break just like when he vs rui

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 is Tanjiros win

Round 2 is a stomp in Kens favor

Wy9693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wy9693

Round 1 tanjiro

Round 2 easy for ken no difficulty whatsoever.

I mean think about it we go from house lvl to city lvl his kagune was throughout the whole city tanjiro has no chance against the dragon ken

Novaprime9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think tanjiro could win if the tower is actually infinite and I say it could be

Redsalmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for lilacplasmabeam
LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers