Tag Team CaV Dante (106me) and Asura (neongamewave) vs Naruto (Sophia89) and Goku (PreCrisisBardock)

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 106me

Dante and Asura vs Naruto and Goku

No Caption Provided

and

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

and

No Caption Provided

Conditions:

- Morals: Off

- Bloodlust: Off

- In Character

- Composite versions

- No prep

- Basic knowledge

- Starting distance: 500 feet away

The team with the most votes after three days of voting wins.

Voting conditions (for users who are voting):

- Vote only for the team of users you thought had the best arguments.

- Do NOT vote for the characters you think would win. This is a test of logic, not a character poll.

- Votes that do not adhere to this rule are subject to the debaters' discretion and may be ignored.

Debating conditions (for the users who are debating):

- Please refrain from lowballing.

- Please maintain respect throughout the debate. Although a certain argument may be frustrating to counter, there is absolutely no need to resort to insults.

The overall fight:

This is a unique system with two sets of combatants. Dante and Naruto will fight as low end-high tier powerhouses, while Asura and Goku will fight as high end-high tier powerhouses.

Each side can call for assistance, but the low-end powerhouses will not be permitted to fight two characters simultaneously, nor can they fight a high-end powerhouse on their own. So Naruto cannot fight Asura on his own, and Dante cannot fight Goku on his own.

However, the low end powerhouses can assist their allies if they defeat their opponent quickly enough. For example, if Dante defeats Naruto then he can assist Asura, and if Naruto defeats Dante then he can assist Goku.

For the most part, however, each character will be focusing on his own opponent.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e
deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go get em Gamers. Show these weebs what it's about. T4V

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Composite Goku, that looks interesting.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 106me

@emperorthanos said:

Composite Goku, that looks intersting.

Thanks for pointing that out, actually. Not to be unfair, but that may cause some problems in the debate so I'm going to specify his version, if it's alright with the other debaters.

EDIT: I'll specify his version if the debate calls for it. For example, if there's an obscure, unofficial Dragon Ball source that depicts Goku as omnipotent, I'm going to have to disregard it in the debate and specify which versions of Goku are allowed.

Avatar image for spideyandslendy
spideyandslendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome =D

But composite Goku would include GT (where Goku absorbs all of the Dragon Balls by the very end) and Dragon Ball Multiverse. I think Post Super Goku would be a closer match-up.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@neongamewave: multi verse Goku is not stronger than GT or Super Goku. And EOGT Goku is pretty much featless. But does have some Video game feat that may be a problem.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Each side can call for assistance, but the low-end powerhouses will not be permitted to fight two characters simultaneously, nor can they fight a high-end powerhouse on their own. So Naruto cannot fight Asura on his own, and Dante cannot fight Goku on his own.

Is Naruto allowed to send over clones to his teammate? Because logically speaking, nothing could stop naruto from being his usual sneaky self, and sneaking over a couple clones over to his teammate.....

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NeonGameWave

@neongamewave: multi verse Goku is not stronger than GT or Super Goku. And EOGT Goku is pretty much featless. But does have some Video game feat that may be a problem.

I agree but my point is that a completely composite Goku would be unfair and it would contradict with the character in question as well due to GT being non canon to Super and etc.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos said:

I agree but my point is that a completely composite Goku would be unfair and it would contradict with the character in question as well due to GT being non canon to Super and etc.

yeah that makes sense.

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most definitely T4V

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos said:

Is there a big issue using GT and Super feats? I was just going debate as someone would debate a Pre/New 52 Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. It's cool T4V.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave said:
@emperorthanos said:

Is there a big issue using GT and Super feats? I was just going debate as someone would debate a Pre/New 52 Superman.

I understand where you are coming from but I think Post Super makes more sense considering Goku is almost like a different character in GT but it is more so because of how fair the fight would be. Goku just based off of the implication in GT would be omnipotent or a definition of it due to absorbing the Dragon Balls. However, I think Asura could still win I was just wondering how far the feats would go in regards to Goku.

PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: I wasn't going to debate with Future Goku nor was I going to treat it like GT happens right after Super I was just going to use feats from both series.

Cooldudeachyut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cooldudeachyut

This seems somewhat better than the original for some unknown reason.

Also,

@kanataroc said:

Go get em Gamers. Show these weebs what it's about. T4V

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my God...

No Caption Provided

T4V.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Naruto allowed to send over clones to his teammate? Because logically speaking, nothing could stop naruto from being his usual sneaky self, and sneaking over a couple clones over to his teammate.....

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v

KeiKrossKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good. T4V

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it is allowed, but I can't say why just yet.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 106me

Introduction to Dante

Mood setters:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

No Caption Provided

Official Bio:

No Caption Provided

Devil May Cry History:

Dante is a half-Demon, half-Human hybrid who hunts demons for pay on a regular basis. His crusade, or quest for vengeance rather, started when his mother was slain before his eyes at the age of 8. Since then, Dante has opened up a shop named "Devil May Cry" and has trained extensively to hunt down the demons responsible for her death.

Dante has inherited his awesome abilities from his father Sparda, a full-blooded Demon. As a result, he has supernatural power such as super strength, super speed, nigh-invulnerable durability, teleportation, telekinesis, and several other miscellaneous abilities, such as heightened sight. He also has a plethora of other abilities he has gained throughout his career, such as Doppelganger, Dreadnought Armor, Quicksilver, and other numerous abilities as well.

Powers and Abilities

- Super Strength

- Super Speed

- Enhanced Durability

- High class regeneration

- Telekinesis

- Teleportation

- Summons

- Devil Trigger

And other Hax Demonic powers that will be mentioned throughout my posts.

Styles

Dante fights with several fighting styles giving him access to unique powers. They are known as:

- Trickster

- Swordmaster

- Gunslinger

- Royalguard

- Quicksilver

- Doppleganger

- Darkslayer

Items

- Bangle of Time

- Amulet

- Untouchable

*Dante also can carry many other items, but only some will be mentioned due to the relevancy they may or may not have in this battle.

Strategy

Dante is a powerhouse demon that packs a tremendous punch with his gear and hax abilities. He can further amplify his amazing speed and strength with his power-up form known as his Devil Trigger. With his gear, abilities, and physicals combined, he can obliterate his enemies without much effort.

Against Naruto, he can dodge nearly everything Naruto throws at him. There are even some attacks he can shrug off with his sheer durability and regeneration. And anything he can't, he can deflect with his Dreadnought armor, his Majin Form, or use an Untouchable.

Naruto, on the other hand, will be hard pressed against Dante's offensive powers. While using his insane speed and strength, Yamato, Doppleganger, and Jackpot will practically finish Naruto before the battle starts (metaphorically speaking of course).

Due to the nature of the fight, each combatant will primarily focus on their own opponent, but should Asura need assistance, Dante will be able to quickly end the fight with Naruto, and support Asura with his Demonic power. This will effectively give Dante and Asura the win against Naruto and Janemba.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 106me
KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KingZod

T4V

Kneel Before Zod

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NeonGameWave
No Caption Provided

Asura! The God of Wrath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asura originates from Asura`s Wrath which was released February 2012, the game rose to prominence with its over the topness and with many thinking the game and its title character to be Capcom and CyberConnect2`s answer to Kratos from the popular God of War series. The game is based in eastern cultures thematically and symbolically those cultures being Hindu and Japanese/Chinese. Asura`s story begins with a war, a battle between the Eight General Guardians and the Gohma an evil force that threatens to destroy the world and everything that is good. The Gohma release a snake-like entity called the Viltra to overwhelm the Eight General Guardians but with the help of his daughter Mithra who is a priestess and who also holds great power thanks to her ability to manipulate and enhance mantra energy, with her help Asura is able to take down the Viltra and assure his comrades victory. Everything is going well up until the point where Asura is summoned to the Emperor`s throne room only to be framed for his death. It is later revealed that one of the Eight General Guardians, Deus kidnapped Asura`s daughter Mithra and killed the Emperor by doing this he believes he can save the world by utilizing Mithra`s power to conquer it. Asura is betrayed and banished to Gaea (earth pretty much) in which he is sent to Naraka (the Underworld). He is told by the Golden Spider that he was gone for quite some time, approximately 12,000 years, Asura in his journey back to Gaea begins to remember what happened and in his rage is motivated to exact his revenge but he returns to Gaea only to find out that everything has gone wrong with the Gohma controlling Gaea and the Eight General Guardians harvesting human souls to become more powerful with the manipulation of mantra energy. Deus believes that with Mithra and the harvesting of souls that there will be a "Great Rebirth" in which harvested human souls would be used to power up the Brahmastra so that it can be used to annihilate the Gohma forever along with Viltra and while this may seem like a good cause it is not as we agree with our angry-driven awesome protagonist no sacrifices should be made for this kind of cause.

INTRODUCTION INTO THE WRATH!

Loading Video...

The beast was born that day!

Loading Video...

Great minds think alike and god-killers kill alike!

Loading Video...

What were you piercing

Eyes looking at?

What was echoing

In your trembling heart?

For a long time

I did not see your smile

Only your warmth

Did not disappear

Even your smallest scars hurt more than

The gods of this earth

And that is why you will continue to destroy everything

You who stood here with nowhere else to go.

What was it for that you reached out your hand to grasp?

You are the flame that burns the world I know.

Your kindness will burn this world and char the frozen time.

You who stood here with nowhere else to go.

What was it for that you reached out your hand to grasp?

If you loose sight of that which has no end.

That which has been overlooked will surely linger on your back and make you falter.

You grasp your fist, and there is no future to hold on to.

Jump into the wheel and press forward, there is no step.

What were your clear eyes looking at?

What was echoing in your shaking heart?

A god`s soul sung in song.....

ASURA`S FORMS:

Asura has multiple forms and with each form he grows in power there`s a scale to Asura`s power level when it comes to order however Asura`s greatest power is his very own mantra ability Wrath just like the Hulk the angrier he gets the stronger he gets only he`s more A LOT more powerful than the Hulk all-around even in base form his wrath is much greater. Now I will be going into the order of Asura`s forms and I will elaborate on the least to greatest aspect.

Six-Armed Vajra Asura
Six-Armed Vajra Asura

In this form, Asura gains four new arms and is granted amazing strength as well as power. He was able to defeat the Viltra and have it retreat. Also, in this form he was able to defeat Wyzen during the time he was at his most powerful.

Berserk Asura
Berserk Asura

This form specifically was unleashed during the time Asura witnesses the death of a new friend, an unnamed girl who in appearance resembles his very own daughter. Asura with phenomenal rage ascends to this form and defeats entire fleets as well as airships with absolute ease. He was so powerful that he was able to subdue an entire armada and was able to rival the Brahmastra itself which by Yahsha`s own words took trillions of souls to power over a course of thousands of years it was supposed to be the ultimate weapon yet Asura was able to compete with its power and surpass it in capability in a short amount of time. Asura also is able to tank a fully developed blast from the Brahmastra`s cannons while in this form.

Wrath Asura
Wrath Asura

Asura in this unique form is able to take on Yasha and overwhelm him in combat despite his skill and the fact that he was able to defeat Asura soundly before. This form comes as a result of the Brahmastra`s attack that left him destroyed this form however comes with a major flaw it causes Asura to decay due to him not being able to control the wrath building up inside of him. But even in this form, Asura was able to give Chakravartin some trouble when attempting to rescue his daughter Mithra.

Mantra Asura
Mantra Asura

Asura after absorbing mantra energy from the Viltra thanks to his daughter Mithra, Asura attains a massive increase in power in which all of his rage is focused into mantra energy in this form he was able to put an end to the Viltra alongside Yasha.

Asura, The Destructor
Asura, The Destructor

Asura with the Mantra Reactor which harnesses Asura`s mantra affinity which is wrath with all the other seven deities mantra affinities and energies is Asura able to ascend to something that is beyond transcendence. In his fight with Chakravartin which spans all of space was able to destroy solar systems, stars and giant planets with ease and he overpowers him briefly in this form as well.

Asura
Asura

Ironically his most powerful form is his BASE FORM what really matters regardless of the transformation Asura undergoes is his rage and the mantra energy that he is accumulating due to the ascension of his own abstract anger. Asura defeated Chakravartin when he was at his most powerful within his own dimension with just his two arms and being at base as Chakravartin reduced him to his base form.

Asura vs Goku:

No Caption Provided

Now I`m a big Dragon Ball fan, having played a lot of the games, watching all of the anime and also reading the manga as I am a big supporter of the Lore but I do think Asura wins this one. Goku`s most impressive feats for striking come from his fight with the god of destruction Beerus in which their combined strikes were able to cause the destruction of all reality (well almost), however I do think Asura can keep up. Even in his base form he is a lot stronger than Goku physically and his small time feats dwarf Goku`s many feats from the beginning of the Namek saga to the end of the Buu saga. Goku is superior when it comes to speed and skill but Asura has beaten characters who were much more skilled and speedy than he was, and he can easily tank Goku`s ki blasts. He tanked Chakravartin`s devastating energy attacks which were designed to distort reality. However, since this is just the opening of my post, I will just showcase what comes next for Goku.

Loading Video...

Asura`s anger and power level explained by Kazuhiro Tsuchiya.

Loading Video...

Bobby Tunick marketing manager/director for this game even goes on to talk about the sheer scale and scope. He confirms Wyzen outgrew a planet and his finger is the size of Tennessee.

In conclusion to the introduction!

Well, there really isn`t one because all I have to say is that Goku needs to watch out! A wise man once said...

Come not within the measure of my wrath.

- William Shakespeare

No Caption Provided

PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opener, Son Goku.

No Caption Provided

Goku (孫 悟空, Son Gokū), born Kakarot (カカロット, Kakarotto), is the main protagonist of the Dragon Ball metaseries created by Akira Toriyama. He is the adoptive grandson of Grandpa Gohan, the son of Bardock and Gine, the younger brother of Raditz, the husband of Chi-Chi, the father of Gohan andGoten, the grandfather of Pan, and later the ancestor of Goku Jr. Cheerful, courageous and also a bit naive, Goku is a Saiyan originally sent to Earth as an infant with the mission to destroy it. However, an accident alters his memory, causing him to grow up pure-hearted and later become Earth's greatest defender, as well as the informal leader of the Z Fighters.[10]Throughout his life, he trains hard and strives to be the greatest warrior possible, while at the same time using his amazing strength and skills to uphold peace.[11]

- wiki

Logistics:

Striking Strength: In SSJ3 form, he's able to punch a hole through King Kai's planet.

No Caption Provided

Now King Kai's planet may be small, but it has 10 times Earth's gravity.

No Caption Provided

To have more gravity, you must have more mass according to the Universal Law of Gravitation.

So in the end the planet must have many many times more mass to reach 10 times the gravity of Earth, especially with such a low volume.

In the first episode of Dragon Ball GT, Goku can easily fight evenly with Uub, the reincarnation of Kid Buu, in his base form.

No Caption Provided

Meaning he's gotten so powerful his base form is as powerful as his SS3 form was in Dragon Ball Z. So this would be his normal caliber of punches at base.

No Caption Provided

When we up the ante of his transformations, his power increases significantly. When he was granted Super Saiyan God powers in Dragon Ball Super him and Beerus' clashes caused shockwaves that reached outside of their universe.

No Caption Provided

The two Kai's are in the little circle on the bottom right in the scan where they can see shockwaves coming form the mortal universe.

Goku also shook that entire universe pictured in Dragon Ball Z Fusion Reborn just from transforming into a Super Saiyan 3 (His base power later on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sbGCxKIMGk

Energy Strength: He was able to overpower a planetbusting attack in the 1st Saga.

Skip to the end of Cell Saga, Super Perfect Cell is able to destroy the entire Solar System, and was overtaken by a 1 armed SS2 Gohan. It was confirmed that a SS2 Goku > SS2 Gohan and Goku can go up to SS3 in this fight.

Majin Buu destroyed an entire galaxy over time, and as Super Buuhan was stated to be able to collapse the universe.

Baby surpassed all this in Dragon Ball GT, Goku admitting he's stronger than Buu.

No Caption Provided

Baby even got stronger after that yet he was still surpassed by Goku's Super Saiyan 4.

Goku also destroyed a dimension in base form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peQZoTuLJQE

Speed:

Goku is easily faster than Freeza, and many times faster later on.

How fast is Freeza? Well he can just destroy Vegeta speed-wise, in a (less than 50% power) weaker form.

No Caption Provided

Ok, now how fast is Vegeta?

Well in the first Saga, he can fight more than evenly with Goku

No Caption Provided

So, how fast is Goku then PCB?

Fast enough to blitz Nappa.

No Caption Provided

And Nappa is fast enough to dodge Piccolo's best attack. While he was distracted I might add.

No Caption Provided

Piccolo before training for the Saiyans is able to instantly destroy the moon (or in roughly 2 secs going by the anime).

No Caption Provided

And that's just a regular blast, so regular pre-training Piccolo blast = roughly light speed. Light takes about 1.5 secs to reach moon from the Earth. Goku is casually faster than people who are casually faster than people who dodge that speed in the Namek Saga.

Android Saga Kamehameha's are many times FTL also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqwvT6firTQ

Durability: He's able to tank strikes from Trunks.

No Caption Provided

Who cut Freeza up casually despite him previously being shown to tank planets exploding point blank while he was cut in half and KO'd.

As an Android Saga SS1

Can tank his own Kamehameha waves. (47:00 - 47:30) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Zmo4ZhIs4

(SS1)Can take hits from Beerus', who can tap planets and destroy exactly half of it.

Skill:

As a Child he's able to Stalemate Master Roshi, nicknamed "The God of Martial Arts". For reference, Roshi does things like this with skill alone:

(@nickzambuto get credit for most of the scans)

Examples of Goku's MA Skill:

He can sense the slightest change in the atmosphere:

Misc things:

The Afterimage technique:

Emotion reading/Telepathy.

Goku also has Telekinesis.

No Caption Provided

He also can teleport, has teleported between universes like here, he's also utilized it in battle ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg1bCXFLKdY ). and (2:10) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlZ6mmjnvFw

No Caption Provided

He can use the Destructo Disc, which is said to be able to slice through anything.

No Caption Provided

Super Dragon Fist, cut through Omega Shenron who could easily tank Goku's x10 Kamehameha before he even transformed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-88hFymOA0 (3:40 Shenron tanking x10 Kamehameha) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1E5a_lDETU

Can't wait to see how Asura is able to measure up to Goku. Especially in the department of speed and being able to take his attacks. I see that says morals off, so Goku isn't going to be holding back or having any concerns about absolutely erasing Asura or Dante. Even if Dante does manage to defeat Naruto he doesn't seem to be much of a threat, his backpack full of gimmicks can't really be utilized properly to give him any advantage and I don't see anything preventing him from being one shotted should he appear. Goku's awareness (Able to sense to sense the slightest change in the atmosphere) should counter anything sneaky Dante tries. Meanwhile Asura seems to be an angry guy so I don't see him keeping his cool if Naruto's shadow clones come over and start teasing and taunting him, making him lose focus and be vulnerable to finishers from Goku who always exploits openings.

@106me you're up I believe.

@sophia89@neongamewave

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By 106me

Dante

Speed:

I'll start with Dante's lowest feats first.

There seems to be a misconception around comic vine that Dante only has street level speed. Although he has achieved such speeds:

Loading Video...

(Catches a rocket in mid air which moves at around Mach 1)

Loading Video...

(Spins Agni & Rudra at supersonic speeds)

By spinning at supersonic speeds, your two swords slash through enemies with the power of fire and wind.
Devil May Cry 3, Devil Arm Files
Loading Video...

(Dodges rounds fired from Blue Rose which fires at Mach 2)

This is definitely not Dante's limit. He has easily moved at massively hypersonic speeds:

Loading Video...

(Moves at re-entry level speeds, which is beyond Mach 25)

Loading Video...

(cuts 51,840 rain drops before they hit the ground, and due to the speed of the rain drops falling, they have less than .41 seconds to hit them all. This puts Dante and Vergil at Mach 1,395)

He's casually relativistic:

Can easily move at lightning speeds when wielding Alastor:

Loading Video...

"Gives the possessor lightning speed and aerial capabilities."

Devil May Cry, Devil Arm Files - Alastor

With Beowulf, he can fight at lighting speeds:

No Caption Provided

Knock the enemy into the sky then follow by kicking hundreds of times at lightning speeds.

Devil May Cry 3, Devil Arm Files - Beowulf

And just to clarify, lightning, when moving at full speed, does move at half the speed of light.

After the stepped leader and the upward-moving discharge initiate the first violent, luminous discharge near the Earth, this high luminosity (and the high current) then moves up the leader channel and out its branches at somewhere between one-half and one-tenth the speed of light.

Hyper Physics

And can even reach light speeds:

Loading Video...

In the battle between Dante and Mundus, they fly across the dimension to another planet. The average distance between planets in our solar system is 92,894,993.5 miles. Since they reach the planet in 180 seconds (3 minutes), they traveled at 516,083 miles per second, which is 2.7 times the speed of light!

Loading Video...

Dante has also reacted and redirected a laser shot out by Mundus, which unlike comics, is actually traveling at the speed of light.

Loading Video...

Dante also has the reflexes to save Lucia from Arius' blast of light. We also know that this is a light based attack because the multiple colors emitting from Arius' hand is caused by refraction, which is an indication of light.

As you can see, Dante is extremely fast in his base speed, but what makes Dante a truly terrifying opponent is his control over time.

Quicksilver

Loading Video...

Quicksilver is a unique ability that slows time around Dante, making his enemies almost appear still.

Loading Video...

It's best usage is shown with Vergil, who goes from Massively Hypersonic to Turtle-Slow speeds.

Teleportation

Dante can also instantly teleport making him insanely hard to hit. Combined with his speed and control over time, Naruto won't even be able to tag Dante.

Loading Video...

Bangle of Time

Now it gets even more ridiculous. On top of Dante's speed, he can even use a hax item called Bangle of Time. This particular doohickey has the ability to completely stop time.

No Caption Provided

A mysterious wrist band that has the power to stop time.

Devil May Cry, Items - Bangle of Time
Loading Video...

There is virtually nothing Naruto could do when Dante activates Bangle of Time. The minute it's used, Naruto will be helplessly frozen in time as Dante uses his demonic gear to incapacitate him.

• How durable is he? Can you post feats of his durability?

Durable enough to tank most of Naruto's blows while remaining unfazed.

Durability (Blunt Force)

Thanks to his regeneration, Dante is able to tank Class 100+ attacks without a problem.

His two best showings in terms of durability are:

Loading Video...

In this fight, Dante was able to tank Nero's punches. To put this in perspective, Nero had shaken Fortuna Island just by crushing the False Savior's face:

Loading Video...

Note that Dante wasn't taking the fight with Nero seriously. You may have heard the saying "Maximum Effort" by Deadpool. Dante is the exact opposite, and if he had a motto (aside from his catchphrases), it would probably be along the lines of "Minimum Effort," as Dante rarely puts any effort into his job as a Demon Hunter (who has even been called lazy by his shop keeper), and only takes fights seriously when his opponents are at his level, such as Mundus or Abigail.

Loading Video...

(Here, Nero admits that Dante was never fighting him seriously)

Loading Video...

Here, Dante is able to tank Mundus' Meteors head on.

Since they reached the ground from the outer atmosphere in about 3 seconds, that means that they were moving at a whopping 200 miles per second (about Mach 938).

A comparable meteor to Mundus' meteors is Meteor DA14. Although DA14 has about 10 times more mass, each of Mundus' meteors are 25 times faster, which would produce similar explosions, each of which would destroy 830 miles.

Since Dante tanked about 10 of these meteors before falling down below the atmosphere, if those were spread out evenly, they would destroy about 8,300 square miles, which is about the size of New Jersey!

Counters:

So in speed, Naruto can easily tag, react, and outspeed lighting speed fighters, so no reason to reply to Dante’s lighting speed feats.

Did you forget Dante can slow time down and slow massively hypersonic characters to a near halt? In Vergil's case, that means he went from Mach 1,396 to Mach 0.0026, or 1,070,340 mph to 2 mph. By scaling, that would at least put Dante at FTL speeds, and that's just from his teenage days in DMC 3.

So I’ll focus on his light speed feats. In the first video you said Dante flew 2 times the speed of light; however, this seems unlikely because you can see lighting striking. If they were moving at light speed, then lighting would have been frozen solid.

First of all, the developing artists don't have time to make sure that the entire game follows our laws of physics.

Second of all, you're wrong. The initial strike of lightning moves at Mach 300, but on the return stroke lightning moves at half the speed of light.

The second video seems more like aim dodging. An example of this would be Wolverine dodging Cyclops’s eye beams, which are light speed, even though Wolverine is nowhere near light speed.

In Mundus' case, Dante's feet didn't even budge because he didn't have to dodge it since he could react to it. And in Arius' case, Dante outran the actual blast of light.

It greatly slows down enemies, but not completely. You can see the fodder demons still move. Against Naruto, who is still faster, it won’t do much.

Well the problem isn't that the demons can still move, it's that Vergil, who can move at approximately Mach 1,395, went from Massively Hypersonic to below human walking speed. The reason being is that:

1) In terms of real life coding, the developers don't have the time to sort out each and every individual "object" (by coding definition) and set the speed in relation to the activation of Quicksilver, especially with 2003 technology. So obviously every enemy will be moving at the same speed when Quicksilver is used, due to the need for real life practicality, efficiency, and viability.

2) Quicksilver fully controls time, it doesn't just slow it down. I don't know if Dante can use it to go into the future, but since he has control over time, he can definitely determine how fast his opponent will move by slowing them down. So just because Dante chooses to set both Vergil and the other demons at the same speed (around 2 miles per hour) doesn't mean he can't do the same to Naruto.

Time-controlling style in which the player can move at lightning quick speeds.

Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Style File

Special power that Geryon used to control time.

Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Quicksilver Style

Bangle of Time

This is a pretty cool item. From the looks of it though it doesn’t last very long and drains Dante’s mana. So assuming Dante uses it he would be stuck with just his base powers for quite a bit till he can use it again. And considering he just showed Naruto that something is up, he won’t have it to use a second time.

That's simply a game mechanic designed to prevent expert DMC players from utterly decimating bosses (which unfortunately failed as one can see how that player effortlessly destroying one of the harder bosses in the game). There's no such thing as "mana" in the DMC-verse.

If Dante chooses to activate Bangle of Time, he can simply decapitate Naruto in a moment's notice.

Dante’s teleportation is utterly useless here. Sorry. Naruto faced much worse teleporters and easily countered them, his sage mode tells him where the attack will come from allowing him to evade the attack.

Well, sorry, but Naruto has never dealt with FTL opponents with time control. Not to mention Dante uses Teleportation to evade and even phase through enemy attacks, since he doesn't need to use it offensively (although he can blitz with it).

Naruto will spam thousands of shadow clones, each will attempt a quick blitz on Dante.

That's not a good idea considering that his chakra would then be divided among the rest of his clones.

Since I’ve not seen any feats of Dante putting him near Naruto’s speed

No, you did see them, but just chose to ignore them since you can't refute them.

the blitz will be successful and Dante will get rammed with punches from a 100 tonner and most likely a few rasengans.

That wouldn't do anything to Dante.

A sword that can cut diamonds couldn't pierce him at all (Posted the image already IIRC)

No, you didn't post it.

Your 2 feats of Dante (Which you said were his best), are small fry to what Naruto tanked.

Naruto easily shrugged off 5 mountain busting attacks with ease

Mountains aren't that big compared to a state in the US, they're just very tall. The biggest mountain on earth has a radius of 10 miles (so as you can see, I'm being very generous).

Here's a comparison to give you and the audience an idea of what this looks like:

No Caption Provided

Recap

Dante can tank most of Naruto's attacks. The one's he can't can still easily be dodged with his own physical speed alone. His control over time combined with his teleportation ability would render Naruto's speed useless as well.

After defeating Naruto, Dante can back up Asura as they both take on Goku with his hax gear and abilities which I'll cover in my next post.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: Did Neon say where he went? It's been 2 months. He's usually consistently active.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Well, I haven't heard from him but I can try to get a hold of him. I'm going to see what I can do to move this along to get voting open to close the CaV.

BaldManjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THIS was getting good.