• 60 results
#1 Edited by Darthjhawk (5124 posts) - - Show Bio

TheRedViper:

@the_red_viper:

No Caption Provided

Characters:

1. Eragon Shadeslayer: OP magic restricted (no death-words, no empathy, no "Name of All Names").
  2. MCU Black Panther.
  3. Post-Crisis/New 52/Rebirth Green Arrow.

Perks:

1. One hour prep anywhere (5).
  2. Deadpool healing factor for Eragon (7).
  3. Unlimited ammo reload (3).
No Caption Provided

Ugivemethelulz:

@ugivemethelulz:

No Caption Provided

Characters:

• Livewire Composite (Valiant )
  • Composite Gunny Lewis (Valiant)
  • Composite Bloodshot

Perks:

• 5 hours of prep anywhere 10
  • 10 MCU Shield agents 1
  • Unlimited Ammo No Reload (4)

The Rules & Regulations:

• All teams start with an automatic 1 day of prep.
  • Prep can not surpass high street/low-mid level
  • Summons are limited to 10 and cannot be stronger than Damian Wayne
  • Clones are limited to 5
  • Marvel is 616 unless otherwise stated.
  • DC is Post-Crisis/Post-Flashpoint/Rebirth unless otherwise stated
  • Wildstorm/Vertigo characters have access to DC feats
  • Victory by death, knockout, or incapacitation
  • BFR only works for 5 mins at at time, cannot be spammed, and does not count as a win
  • Characters all start with Standard Gear/Equipment/Loadout
  • No direct time manipulation on opponents
  • No luck manipulation
  • No reality manipulation or warping
  • No speed steal
  • No soul manipulation
  • Manga/Anime/Manwha characters are composite manga & anime.
  • Television, Movie, & Game characters have access to tie-in feats

The Scenario: Red vs Blue Showdown

Credit to SFW for this one

No Caption Provided

Ever heard of Red vs Blue? Same set up. Each of your teams has a main base. With a shown teleporter on top of it. It works, teleporting you in the middle of the map. Your team is given a indestructible explosive device, looks alot like TNT wrapped up. Due to the sensitive nature of the teleporters, this special made bomb is the only way to shut the portals down safely without blowing the planet to hell. It has a 10 second counter with a 20 foot death radius when it blows. Temperamental teleporters, I know. This bomb also cannot be detonated in any way except by enemy team. Once detonated it must be used. If bomb is deflected or thrown out of the base somehow, your team must head back to their base and get a new one. Whoever blows up the others teleporters wins this war.

Teams

• Kill or be killed, but blow up the enemy teleporter on top of their base.
  • Warthogs at the bases work.
  • Any time your team mates is killed, they get a 15 second respawn time, then respawn inside their base, where the sunroof is.
  • RedViper is Blue Star, Ugiveme is Red Star

Good Luck & Have fun!

#2 Posted by Darthjhawk (5124 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk: OK so I got some things I wanna clear before the debate starts just to be sure:

• I have a bomb, I need to bring it to the enemy base and put it on the teleporter and wait 10 seconds and then it goes boom. Didn't miss anything right?
  • What does the bomb look like? A generic stick of dynamite?
  • Do I gain access to the bomb in my prep time?
  • Since the 24 hours of prep are on the battlefield (as you told me, unless you changed your mind), are teams allowed to leave their homebase in that time?
  • Is there anything in the homebase that can be used in the prep time (weapons, labs, etc)? The warthogs are the jeeps I assume?
  • Are we limited to a certain number of posts?
#4 Edited by Darthjhawk (5124 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper:

1. Yep, exactly you got it.

2. Think of it like a briefcase, like the ones in Call of Duty.

3.No access to the bomb during prep.

4.Still on the battlefield, and you can leave your base. You just can’t do anything in your enemies base.

5.No weapons or gear in the base aside from the Warthogs. And yes the Warthogs are the jeeps that can be used how you want.

6. No, I would prefer 3 each, but if you feel you may need more or less that’s fine.

Hope that clears things up.

#5 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk: @ugivemethelulz:

Also just to clarify, I'm not using movie Eragon, I'm using the novels version. Just as a heads-up, since the picture in the OP might be misleading in that regard.

#6 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Darthjhawk (5124 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Yep I remember. Sorry about that, couldn’t find a decent picture that wasn’t the movie version. aside from some fan art.

#8 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Yep I remember. Sorry about that, couldn’t find a decent picture that wasn’t the movie version. aside from some fan art.

Yeah, decent Eragon art is hard to come by sadly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3daad020468
#9 Edited by deactivated-5b3daad020468 (2228 posts) - - Show Bio

Well get this started then shall we?

Livewire

No Caption Provided

So first off let me clear up some stuff. Classic Livewire and Modern Livewire are different. First off they are both a different race and they're powers are different. With Modern Livewire being a techopath and Classic Livewire having magnetic powers. But they're both still named Amanda Mckee and codenamed Livewire.

General Showings

Modern Livewire is a powerful technopath

No Caption Provided

Here this shows how she sees the world

With Livewire's powers she can control tech

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

1-2) Livewire is able to hack the X-O Manowar armor

3) When previously another psiot with the same power went brain dead trying to hack the armor

and She's able to hack and force a large sentient space ship to crash to earth

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

More recently she is able to disable a psiot damper that was shutting off her powers in a quarter of second

No Caption Provided

And later on she was able to shut down the power gird of the United States

Showing her technopathy has great range and power.

Her Classic powerset is not too shabby either

She's able to rip a helicopter to shreads

No Caption Provided

And her is speed is great too. She's able to redirect a sniper bullet inches from the president's face

No Caption Provided

Her durability is certainty above peak human as well

She is able to tank a kick from Warmonger , someone who can one shot Ninjak

In her classic days she's able to tank an arc charge which can bust tanks and helicopters

So she's pretty durable

buts thats enough on her for now

Sgt.Lewis

No Caption Provided

A marine in armor what's there more to say?

Sgt.Lewis wears powerful....power armor

General Showings

No Caption Provided

The most basic type of attack the ion cannon here it rips through a giant mutated shark in two

More impressively the Ion cannons can blow up military vehicles

No Caption Provided

And the armor provides good durability

The suits can tank shots from tanks

No Caption Provided

And fly through buildings

No Caption Provided

In the background you can see an armor fly through a building and seemingly collapse it .

And each armor is equipped with PBC or Particle Beam Cannon

No Caption Provided

Here it one shots a tank And it can level bulidings

No Caption Provided

So the armorines suit provides a lot of fire power

And Gunny's suit is special because he uses the Gold leader suit which can increases its own size

With it's size increased the armor can bust through a concrete bunk multiple feet thick slam X-O Manowar hard enough into the ground to create a massive crater and send cars flying

No Caption Provided

But nows lets move onto Bloodshot

Bloodshot

No Caption Provided

Angelo Mortalli a mob hitman turned into the ultimate killing machine by the Iwatsu corporation

General showings

The nanites in his blood enhance all his physical capabilities

Tears off a steel door

No Caption Provided

Smashes someone hard enough to break stone

No Caption Provided

Wrestles and subdues a large alligator

Tanks a massive gas explosion

Tanks a punch from Tank who can punch through stone

Casually dodges an arrow mid air

No Caption Provided

Dodges a rifle shot point blank range in an enclosed space

No Caption Provided

Dodges a rocket

No Caption Provided

Also the nanites his blood provide Bloodshot with a healing factor

Heals from a bullet to arm with ease

No Caption Provided
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Directly hit by from missile then falls to the ground making a small crater is able to quickly willingly regenerate once inside the base

Able to heal from a sniper shot to the chest in moments

And regrow his hand with ease

No Caption Provided

Thats probably a good overview of my team for now

Prep

With five hours prep time Livewire goes to the X-O Manowar armor and takes it for herself. This should be no problem at all since she's done it before(See scans) and has a special connection with the armor and the fact that she's a technopath

Both times she's used the armor and the bond she has with it

So really getting the armor would be no problem( I will provide feats for it later)

As for the rest of my team Sgt.Lewis goes to his base gives all 10 shield agents Armorines Armor along with Bloodshot. And even if he is denied Livewire can use her technopathy to take over the base and give the suits to my team.

This all should not take more than five hours.

Then while on the battlefield Livewire configures Bloodshot's nanties to be able to use the "Haradra" Protocol on command

Using this Bloodshot can blast your team's synapses.

The Battle

I won't go to in-depth since this is my opener but mainly my plan consists of blasting your team in oblivion with all the firepower they have acquired.

Overall

Livewire gets the X-O Manowar armor

Sgt.Lewis gets the armorines suits for the rest of the team

Livewire configures Bloodshot's nanties to be able to use the "Haradra" Protocol on command

I haven't gone too in-depth or shown what my team is fully capable of so I'll save that for later down the line

#10 Posted by deactivated-5b3daad020468 (2228 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@ugivemethelulz I'll start chalking up an opener.

First post is up :p

And does three posts each sound good?

Lol, nice opener. You've got a powerful team.

And yeah I think 3 posts would be alright. I'll finish my post soon I imagine.

#12 Edited by deactivated-5b3daad020468 (2228 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:
@ugivemethelulz said:
@the_red_viper said:

@ugivemethelulz I'll start chalking up an opener.

First post is up :p

And does three posts each sound good?

Lol, nice opener. You've got a powerful team.

And yeah I think 3 posts would be alright. I'll finish my post soon I imagine.

Thanks

#13 Posted by SMXLR8 (6457 posts) - - Show Bio

@ugivemethelulz: pretty interesting team who knew Valiant had such powerful characters

#14 Posted by deactivated-5b3daad020468 (2228 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright let's kick this off. First of all, setting the mood:

Loading Video...

Now, let's start with introducing my team.

Black Panther:

No Caption Provided

I'll be using T'challa's MCU version. I assume you know him well enough.

Powers, skills and gear:

• Black Panther has enhanced strength, stamina and speed thanks to the mystic effects of consuming the elusive Heart-Shaped Herb.
  • Black Panther is a master of martial arts and melee fighting.
  • Black Panther has an invulnerable Vibranium suit that absorbs kinetic energy (which can be unleashed at will).
  • Black Panther's suit is fashioned with Vibranium claws that can get through pretty much anything.

Green Arrow:

No Caption Provided

I assume you know him as well. This time it's the good ol' comics version I'm using here, not the live-action version.

Powers, skills and gear:

• Green Arrow is a master archer, duh. Pinpoint accuracy, insane quickdraw, can shoot multiple arrows at once, etc.
  • Oliver is an expert hand-to-hand and swordfighter.
  • He is a master of stealth.
  • Oliver has peak human physicals (strength, speed, stamina, endurance etc).
  • Green Arrow carries a huge array of trick arrows, ranging from explosives to sonics to fire extinguishers and everything in between, seriously the dude carries tons of stuff. And with my perk, he has an unlimited supply for all of his arrows as well. Hot damn!
  • He has a lot of other misc equipment, including but not limited to bulletproof suit, smoke bombs, flechettes and more.

Eragon Shadeslayer:

No Caption Provided

Now him I assume you don't know, lol. Eragon is the main protagonist of "The Inheritance Cycle", a series of 4 novels ("Eragon", "Eldest", "Brisingr" and "Inheritance", in this order) by author Christopher Paolini. Eragon is a Dragon Rider (don't worry, he doesn't have his dragon here). As such, he is very powerful and he is easily my most important fighter here - for more reasons than one. He's kinda tricky to understand if you haven't read the books but I'll try to explain him as best as I can in the debate. Since he's a book character, my posts wil be a bit lengthy and will have quite a bit of text, so I apologize in advance lol. This opener especially will be quite a long read because I have to introduce Eragon's powers to you which are pretty complex to understand.

Powers, skills and gear:

• Eragon has superhuman physical stats. In terms of speed, he fights with speeds faster than the eye can see and has arrow-timing reaction feats. His strength is superhuman to the point he can kill normal humans with a single punch, ragdoll people across rooms, punch through steel armor, and more.
  • Eragon is a master swordfighter.
  • Eragon is a very, and I mean very powerful and versatile magic user. His magic can border on reality warping if it isn't restricted (which it is here). Some of the things he can do here after the restrictions include but aren't limited to elemental manipulation, energy manipulation, telekinesis, healing, warding and much more.
  • Eragon is a powerful telepath.
  • Eragon has a magical sword as well as generic medieval armor and shield.
  • Thanks to my perk, he now has Deadpool's healing factor as well.

The prep:

First of all, my team will take 1 hour of prep in Wakanda - Black Panther's home. More precisely, in Shuri's lab. There, T'challa will help supply Eragon and Green Arrow with the best gear Wakanda has to offer:

• Green Arrow will get the Golden Jaguar suit (the one Killmonger used in the movie. It is identical to Tchalla's suit, except for the color scheme as you may recall), as well as "Sneakers" (the sound-absorbing foot armor thingy). In addition, he will get a Vibranium sword and a bunch of Vibranium arrows, as well as some back-up weapons - basically everything he can carry without impeding his mobility.
  • Eragon will get T'challa's old suit (the one he used in "Civil War"), and Vibranium shield, as well as a Vibranium sword to use in addition to Brisingr (his magic sword), which will be good as a back-up weapon.
  • The team will also grab the Kimoyo beads - the small devices that let Shuri remote-control any vehicle from her lab (@darthjhawk only if you confirm that it's alright with you of course), and other misc things that can come in handy - basically everything they can carry.

Then comes the 24 hours prep on the battlefield. In this time, most of what my team will do involves booby-trapping the entire homebase. First of all, they will get all the security tech they possibly can back from Wakanda. Turrets, blasters, force-field generators, etc. They'll bring a smaller copy of the force-field that surrounds all of Wakanda:

No Caption Provided

Even if there's not such a thing ready at hand, Shuri can certainly make one pretty quickly. She obviously already has the blueprints for the big one around Wakanda, so with her intelligence and skill, building a small device that can cast a force-field around a 15-20 meter radius of the homebase should be pretty easy to do in an hour.

After they set it all up, Oliver will hide explosive arrows in strategic places around the homebase. He has arrows like this one that send a pretty massive blast:

Oliver is extremely good at making traps. Here for example he booby-trapped an entire island when a team of deadly assassins was sent after him:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

So he will know how to place the traps most effectively in and around the homebase.

Now, probably the most important thing that my team will do in the prep time is warding. Eragon will cast wards (protective spells) over his teammates (he has wards on him all the time by default). Now, the thing about wards is that they will keep off any and all damage as long as Eragon has the power to sustain them. Allow me to explain.

The most important thing to explain first and foremost, is how magic works in "The Inheritance Cycle" universe. It can be a bit complex to understand for those who are not familiar with the saga, so I will try my best to explain.

Most magic is used by speaking the Ancient Language. It is a language that is used to describe the true names, or true nature, of anything. Speaking a word or a phrase in the Ancient Language would result in a certain effect (given that the user has magical abilities of course). For example, "Brisingr" is the word for "fire" in the Ancient Language. Speaking it would grant the user control over fire, the ability to summon fire, etc. It's pretty much like a Green Lantern ring - you are only limited by your imagination when using this magic.

Magic drains the user's vitality. The more powerful or complicated the spell is, the more energy it takes to use. A spell too powerful could result in the user's death. However, this is hardly a concern for Eragon, as I will later explain in detail.

Here is the explanation that Brom (Eragon's mentor and father, also a past Dragon Rider) gave Eragon on how magic works:

"This magic----for it is magic----has rules like the rest of the world. If you break the rules, the penalty is death, without exception. Your deeds are limited by your strength, the words you know, and your imagination."

[...]

"Brisingr is from an ancient language that all living tings used to speak. However, it was forgotten over time and went unspoken for eons in Alagaesia, until the elves brought it back over the sea. They taught it to the other races, who used it for making and doing powerful things. The language has a name for everything, if you can find it."

"But what does that have to do with magic?" interrupted Eragon.

"Everything! It is the basis for all power. The language describes the true nature of things, not the superficial aspects that everyone sees. For example, fire is called brisingr. Not only is that a name for fire, it is thename for fire. If you are strong enough, you can use brisingr to direct fire to do whatever you will. And that is what happened today."

Eragon thought about it for a moment. "Why was the fire blue? How come it did exactly what I wanted, if all I said was fire?"

"The color varies from person to person. It depends on who says the word. As to why the fire did what you wanted, that's a matter of practice. Most beginners have to spell out exactly what they want to happen. As they gain more experience, it isn't as necessary. A true master could just say water and create something totally unrelated, like a gemstone. You wouldn't be able to understand how he had done it, but the master would have seen the connection between water and the gem and would have used that as the focal point for his power. The practice is more of an art than anything else."

[...]

Brom took a deep breath and said, "To work with magic, you must have a certain innate power, which is very rare among people nowadays. You also have to be able to summon this power at will. Once it is called upon, you have to use it or let it fade away. Understood? Now, if you wish to employ this power, you must utter the word or phrase of the ancient language that describes your intent."

Eragon

With magic, Eragon can do pretty much anything. He is only limited by his imagination, his vitality, and his knowledge of the Ancient Language (which he can speak fluently). Wards, specifically, draw on Eragon's strength whenever they deflect damage. He's no stranger to placing them on others:

Almost immediately he felt his wards drawing upon his strength as they deflected attacks from Arya, Orik, Nasuada, and Saphira.

Eldest

Now, Eragon's strength (as in, his vitality), is pretty massive. At its core, it's thanks to his overall increased physicals. In addition, Eragon carries a big bunch of Eldunarya. "Eldunarya" is the plural form of "Eldunari". An Eldunari is a dragon's "heart of hearts". A dragon can disgorge its Eldunari whenever he wishes, and when the dragon dies - his consciousness, and all his power - live on inside the Eldunari. An Eldunari looks pretty much like a big gemstone, and its size and color, as well as the power it holds, depend on the dragon to which it belongs. The older the dragon gets, the larger and more powerful it grows.

Unlike with most creatures, he said, a dragon's consciousness does not reside solely within our skulls. There is in our chests a hard, gemlike object, similar in composition to our scales, called the Eldunari, which means "the heart of hearts." When a dragon hatches, their Eldunari is clear and lusterless. Usually it remains so all through a dragon's life and dissolves along with the dragon's corpse when they die. However, if we wish, we can transfer our consciousness into the Eldunari. Then it will acquire the same color as our scales and begin to glow like a coal. If a dragon has done this, the Eldunari will outlast the decay of their flesh, and a dragon's essence may live on indefinitely. Also, a dragon can disgorge their Eldunari while they are still alive. By this means, a dragon's body and a dragon's consciousness can exist separately and yet still be linked, which can be most useful in certain circumstances. But to do this exposes us to great danger, for whosoever holds our Eldunari holds our very soul in their hands. With it, they could force us to do their bidding, no matter how vile.

[...]

Anyone who holds one of our hearts, said Glaedr, may communicate with the dragon from which it came without regard for distance. The whole of Alagaesia might separate a Rider and dragon, and yet if the Rider had with him his dragon's Eldunari, they could share thoughts as easily as you and Saphira do now.

Brisingr

Now, Eragon has in his possession 132 Eldunarya. The first one he has with him is Glaedr's. Glaedr was an elder dragon, immensely large and powerful (around three times as big as Eragon's dragon Saphira, and she herself is the size of a house).

I have decided, said Glaedr, to give you my heart of hearts, Saphira Brightsclaes, Eragon Shadeslayer.

Saphira's astonishment was no less than Eragon's. Together, they stared at the majestic gold dragon who towered high above them. Saphira said, Master, you honor us beyond words, but . . . are you sure that you wish to entrust your heart to us?

I am sure, said Glaedr, and lowered his massive head until it was only slightly above Eragon. For many reasons, I am sure. If you hold my heart, you shall be able to communicate with Oromis and me----no matter how far apart we may be----and I shall be able to aid you with my strength whenever you are in difficulty. And if Oromis and I should fall in battle, our knowledge and experience, and also my strength, shall still be at your disposal. Long have I pondered this choice, and I am confident it is the right one.

[...]

Then Glaedr drew back his head. The muscles of his abdomen rippled and clenched several times, and his throat began to convulse, as if something were stuck in it. Widening his stance, the gold dragon extended his neck straight out in front of him, every cord and sinew of his body standing in high relief underneath the armor of his sparkling scales. Glaedr's throat continued to flex and relax with increasing speed until at last he lowered his head so that it was level with Eragon and opened his jaws, hot, pungent air pouring from his massive maw. Eragon squinted and tried not to gag. As he gazed into the depths of Glaedr's mouth, Eragon saw the dragon's throat contract one last time, and then a hint of gold light appeared between the folds of dripping, blood-red tissue. A second later, a round object about a foot in diameter slid down Glaedr's crimson tongue and out of his mouth so fast, Eragon nearly missed catching it.

As his hands closed around the slippery, saliva-covered Eldunari, Eragon gasped and staggered backward, for he suddenly felt Glaedr's every thought and emotion, and all of the sensations of his body. The amount of information was overwhelming, as was the closeness of their contact. Eragon had expected as much, but it still shocked him to realize he was holding Glaedr's entire being between his hands.

[...]

The Eldunari itself was like a giant jewel. Its surface was warm and covered with hundreds of sharp facets, which varied somewhat in size and sometimes projected at odd, slanting angles. The center of the Eldunari glowed with a dull radiance, similar to that of a shattered lantern, and the diffuse light throbbed with a slow, steady beat. Upon first inspection, the light appeared uniform, but the longer Eragon gazed at it, the more details he saw within it: small eddies and currents that coiled and twisted in seemingly random directions, darker motes that barely moved at all, and flurries of bright flashes no larger than the head of a pin that would flare for a moment, then fade back into the underlying field of light. It was alive.

Brisingr

Glaedr's Eldunari was in Eragon's possession for quite a while before the other 131. Eragon, Saphira and Glaedr met the rest in the Vault of Souls:

Satisfaction came from Umaroth, and he replied, Now that you have found us, our days of hiding are over; we would go with you to Uru'baen and fight alongside you to kill Galbatorix. The time has come for us to leave our den and once and for all confront that traitorous eggbreaker. Without us, he would be able to pry open your minds as easily as did we, for he has many Eldunari at his command.

I cannot carry all of you, said Saphira.

You shall not have to, said Umaroth. Five of us will stay to watch over the eggs, along with Cuaroc. In the event we should fail to defeat Galbatorix, they will tamper no more with the skeins of energy, but will content themselves with waiting until it is again safe for dragons to venture forth in Alagaesia. But you need not worry; we shall not be a burden to you, for we will provide the strength to move our weight.

"How many of you are there?" asked Eragon, gazing around the room.

One hundred and thirty-six.

Inheritance

No I didn't fail math lol. 5 of the 136 Eldunarya remained in the Vault, Eragon took the other 131 with him.

Eragon carries them all in some sort of inter-dimensional rift, that floats over and behind him at all times. That way, he doesn't have to physically carry the Eldunarya, but he can still communicate with them and draw upon their strength whenever he wants:

At last Umaroth said, This is a lesson for another time. You know what the spell is supposed to do, if not how. That will have to suffice. Take from us the strength needed and cast it, and then let us be off.

Nervous, Eragon fixed the words of the spell in his mind to avoid making mistakes, and then he began to speak. As he uttered the lines, he drew upon the reserves of the Eldunari, and his skin tingled as an enormous rush of energy poured through him, like a river of water both hot and cold.

The air around the uneven pile of Eldunari rippled and shimmered; then the pile seemed to fold in on itself and it winked out of sight. A gust of wind tousled Eragon's hair, and a soft, dull thud echoed throughout the chamber.

Astonished, Eragon watched as Saphira pushed her head forward and swung it through the spot where the Eldunari had just been. They had disappeared, completely and utterly, as if they had never existed, and yet he and she could still feel the dragons' minds close at hand.

Once you leave the vault, said Umaroth, the entrance to this pocket of space will remain at a fixed distance above and behind you at all times, save when you are in a confined area or when a person's body should happen to pass through that space. The entrance is no longer than a pinprick, but it is more deadly than any sword; it would cut right through your flesh were you to touch it.

Inheritance

To give you an idea of the power that the Eldunarya possess, Glaedr's Eldunari alone was assumed to be able to magically shift a huge pile of debris which is something that even Eragon, Spahira, and 12 elves together could barely do:

Eragon tried to guess the weight of a block in the pile of rubble; it must have been many hundreds of pounds. If he, Saphira, and the elves all worked together, he was sure that they could shift the stones with magic, but the effort would leave them weak and vulnerable. Moreover, it would take an impractically long time. For a moment, Eragon thought of Glaedr-the golden dragon was more than strong enough to lift the whole pile at once-but haste was of the essence, and Glaedr's Eldunari would take too long to retrieve.

Inheritance

Another notable Eldunari in Eragon's possession, is that of Umaroth. Umaroth's Rider was Vrael, and together they were the leaders of the sacred order of the Dragon Riders. His mind alone is described as feeling like a host of many different minds, and is unlike Eragon has ever encountered before:

Even as Eragon was wondering whether they were supposed to fight the creature, he felt a strange, vast mind touch his. The consciousness was unlike any he had encountered before, and it seemed to contain a host of shouting voices, a great, disjointed chorus that reminded him of the wind inside a storm.

Before he could react, the mind stabbed through his defenses and seized control of his thoughts. For all the time he had spent practicing with Glaedr, Arya, and Saphira, he could not stop the attack; he could not even slow it. He might as well have tried to hold back the tide with his bare hands.

Inheritance

It is later revealed that Umaroth's mind captured not only Eragon's mind, but also Saphira's and Glaedr's:

How? he thought. Who? To capture both of them at once, and Glaedr as well, he assumed, was something he did nor believe even Glabatorix was capable of.

Inheritance

Other than that there are, as I said, 130 others. Half of them are younger and less powerful than Umaroth and probably Glaedr (although powerful in their own right), while the other half is older and more powerful. Umaroth is around the average of them all, as explained here:

I provide a bridge between the groups, a point of common understanding that otherwise would be lacking. Those who are older are wise and powerful indeed, but their minds wander down strange paths, and it is often hard to convince them to concentrate upon anything outside of their dreams. Those who are younger are more unfortunate: they parted from their bodies before they should have; thus their minds remain limited by the size of their Eldunari, which can never grow or expand once it leave the flesh.

Inheritance

All in all Eragon's Eldunarya are an immense source of power. He draws upon their strength when he uses magic, and this is why I said that his vitality is not much of a concern for him, and he can cast immensely powerful spells without having to worry too much.

Now, I know that your team packs a LOT of power. Luckily, with Deadpool's healing factor, Eragon's vitality will become inexhaustible. He literally can't die now, and his wards will keep absorbing damage as long as he's alive. In other words, you can't hurt my team.

Now, the wards work as auto-shields. They stop any attack dead in the air before it can touch Eragon (or whoever is being protected by them):

The ceramic balls and the liquid fire caused terrific damage when they landed. One ball exploded against the ground not ten yards from Saphira. As Eragon ducked behind his shield, a jagged fragment spun toward his head, only to be stopped dead in the air by one of his wards.

Eldest

Next, my team will plant the Kimoyo beads on the Warthogs. That way, they can be controlled from afar. Shuri controls them back in Wakanda, like she did to this car here (scene took place in South Korea to give you a scale of the distance):

Loading Video...

No one of my team is actually driving the vehicles. That way I get a great diversion while putting no one of my team at risk. Of course, it again depends on whether @darthjhawk allows using the beads. If not, then ignore this part.

One thing before last that my team does in the prep time is turning invisible. Eragon turns Black Panther and Green Arrow invisible with a spell:

As the soldier approached his location, spurs clinking, Eragon began to whisper a complex spell in the ancient language. The words poured off his tongue in an unbroken stream, until, to his alarm, he mispronounced a particularly difficult cluster of vowels and had to start the incantation anew.

The soldier took another step toward him.

And another.

Just as the soldier paused in front of him, Eragon completed the spell and felt his strength ebb as the magic took effect. He was an instant too late, however, to completely escape detection, for the soldier exclaimed, "Aha!" and brushed aside the branches, exposing Eragon.

Eragon did not move.

The soldier peered directly at him and frowned.

"What the . . . ," he muttered. He jabbed his spear into the thicket, missing Eragon's face by less than an inch. Eragon dug his nails into his palms as a tremor racked his clenched muscles. "Ah, blast it," said the soldier, and released the branches, which sprang back to their original positions, hiding Eragon once more.

"What was it?" called another of the men.

"Nothing," said the soldier, returning to his companions. He removed his helmet and wiped his brow. "My eyes are playing tricks on me."

Brisingr

Combined with the "Sneakers" that they both wear, which muffle their footsteps completely, T'challa and Ollie are now the perfect stealth fighters. This is how the sneakers work in case you don't recall:

Loading Video...

And the very last thing that happens in the prep time is Eragon establishing a telepathic link among my team so they can communicate all throughout the fight.

The plan:

My goal is to put the bomb in your teleporter. Of course, just as importantly, I need to make sure your bomb doesn't go in my teleporter. This is something Eragon can easily do. He uses his telepathy to determine which of your characters is holding the bomb, then proceeds to take control of their mind and make them drop the bomb, fly away from my homebase, fight the rest of your team, etc. He's don'e something quite similar once, by making enemy soldiers destroy their own siege engines in a battle:

Extending himself, he found the mind of a soldier who tended one of the catapults. Though he was sure the soldier was defended by some magician, Eragon was able to gain dominance over him and direct his actions from afar. He guided the man up to the weapon, which was being loaded, then had him use his sword to hack at the skein of twisted rope that powered the machine. The rope was too thick to sever before the soldier was dragged away by his comrades, but the damage was already done. With a mighty crack, the partially wound skein broke, sending the arm of the catapult flying backward and injuring several men. His lips curled in a grim smile, Eragon proceeded to the next catapult and, in short order, disabled the remainder of the engines.

Eldest

If he can determine which soldiers out of a large battle that must have involved hundreds if not thousands of men on either side are the ones handling the catapults, he can determine which character out of the 13 that you have is the one holding the bomb. Worse comes to worst, my base still has the force-field, and is filled with trap and explosives.

My team will then move onward. Panther and Arrow are invisible and have muffled footsteps and they will carry the bomb with them. Eragon will remain visible and will attract most of the attention to himself. With inexhaustible wards, Vibranium armor and Deadpool's healing factor, Eragon just cannot be put down by your team - and neither can Black Panther and Green Arrow for that matter.

Black Panther will carry the bomb and run forward with it - invisible and completely silent. He can run faster than a car as you may recall:

No Caption Provided

Yeah those cars obviously weren't moving at top speed, but I think it's safe to say that Panther's sprint here should be at least 70 kph.

Green Arrow will not be far behind him. He will follow Black Panther while shooting arrows at your team. His EMP arrow should probably work best here to disable your team's electric suits, perhaps even sending them crashing to the ground:

It was shown here as well:

He will also be able to use other arrows here, For example he will be able to use the sonic arrow to disorient your team and send them flying into one another. His sonics have even affected the likes of Green Lantern:

He has many other types of trick arrows that can be used here.

Eragon, meanwhile, will hang a little to the back and play ping-pong with your team using his magic and telepathy. I will go into more detail later on, but frankly Eragon alone can wreak havoc on your team and maybe, possibly even solo. None of your team has any telepathy defense that I'm aware of, and Eragon is a very dangerous telepath after all, with the minds of over 130 dragons backing him up as well.

Black Panther will throw the bomb at the teleporter once he gets close enough. If he can't, he'll just wait a few seconds for Green Arrow to arrive. They will attach the bomb to one of his arrows and fire it at the teleporter from afar.

That's my plan in a nutshell.

Summary:

• Vibranium armor, wards and Eragon's inexhaustible vitality make my entire team completely invulnerable to all physical harm.
  • My homebase will be surrounded with a force-field and riddled with traps.
  • Black Panther and Green Arrow will be invisible and inaudible to your team thanks to Eragon's invisibility spell and their "Sneakers". They don't have to talk thanks to their telepathic link as well, so your team won't have any way of finding them.
  • Eragon keeps your team busy while Green Arrow and Black Panther move forward and put the bomb at your teleporter.
  • Eragon can probably solo.

Your move mate ;) @ugivemethelulz

#16 Posted by Darthjhawk (5124 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#17 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6157 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: jeez, great post mate (and this is why I thought Eragon was too OP for this tourney). T4V and I hope I don't have to face your team any time soon.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#18 Posted by _KingofLatveria (17996 posts) - - Show Bio

what the....

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6e1b2130fed
#19 Posted by deactivated-5b6e1b2130fed (1311 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#20 Posted by _KingofLatveria (17996 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2af6bb1f992
#21 Posted by deactivated-5b2af6bb1f992 (753 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn boi

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6e1b2130fed
#22 Posted by deactivated-5b6e1b2130fed (1311 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by deactivated-5b3daad020468 (2228 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll reply to your post out of order

TP

None of your team has any telepathy defense that I'm aware of

Lucky for me my team does have TP defenses.

First off with the X-O Manowar armor Livewire's mind will be shielded from TP

1) The armor protects Aric's mind from being "brain-spoofed"

2) The armor shields Aric's from Toyo a powerful telepath

At 18 Toyo TPs a massive group of soldiers with ease ( Harbinger #1)

Projects a disguise into any mind for miles in the direct path of a neural disrupter

No Caption Provided

Toyo defeats Peter in a TP battle (Harbinger #23)

And Peter is no slouch in the TP department either

TP a group of a dozen soldiers and deflects a bullet without looking all while his nervous system is being disrupted

No Caption Provided

TPs a bank full of people

No Caption Provided

Passively manipulate people's minds while on drugs

No Caption Provided

Mind wipes Tull

No Caption Provided

Defeats Ingrid another psiot who specializes in TP

No Caption Provided

So Toyo is a pretty powerful telepath and if that's not enough Toyo's mind is unaffected by Divinity's reality warping ( Imperium #7)

Infact his mind is so powerful that despite the fact that the world was put under mass psychosis and reality was warped to create an alternate history where the Soviets won the Cold War Toyo's mind is too powerful to be affect. Even when Peter Stanchek and Divinity himself weren't immune. ( Divinity 3 Stalinverse #2)

No Caption Provided

So the fact that the X-O armor is able to protect Aric's mind from Toyo provides more than enough defense.

And Bloodshot as well has defenses against TP

Due to his nanties Bloodshot is immune to Tp and here is an example of that. Panic uses a fear bases Tp power but it has zero effect on Bloodshot.

As for the rest of my team sure they don't have any TP defense but they are in power armor next to a technopath Livewire and Bloodshot both are immune to TP and can stop any one of my teammates from doing anything by shutting down their suit and or take control of it with there techopathy

Dakka

With inexhaustible wards, Vibranium armor and Deadpool's healing factor, Eragon just cannot be put down by your team - and neither can Black Panther and Green Arrow for that matter.

Now, I know that your team packs a LOT of power. Luckily, with Deadpool's healing factor, Eragon's vitality will become inexhaustible. He literally can't die now, and his wards will keep absorbing damage as long as he's alive. In other words, you can't hurt my team.

Now you have impressive prep by stacking vibranium armor, wards, and DP healing factor. But can his wards really keep absorbing damage? I think you've underestimated the amount of firepower my team carries

My armorines can go ahead and use barrage/hellfire mode....

And the thing is only four armors were able to do that, I have 12 armors (not counting livewire). I am literally tripling the damage outputs shown in the scans above. Thats not even the best thing, my team has unlimited ammo....without having to reload. Which my team will never run out of ammo so they can keep on doing this over and over continuously if need.

Do Eragon's wards have any feats tanking this level of damage cause if not I don't see why they aren't smashed through and kill your team. I mean MCU vibranium armor isn't stopping this and nor will your Wakanda shields.

One thing before last that my team does in the prep time is turning invisible. Eragon turns Black Panther and Green Arrow invisible with a spell:

Combined with the "Sneakers" that they both wear, which muffle their footsteps completely, T'challa and Ollie are now the perfect stealth fighters. This is how the sneakers work in case you don't recall:

This is all well and good but only for a team that plans to engage in close quarters. My team doesn't have to, they can hang back and level the whole area with pure fire power and AOE which can be used to hit your invisible team by shooting in their general direction.

Green Arrow will not be far behind him. He will follow Black Panther while shooting arrows at your team. His EMP arrow should probably work best here to disable your team's electric suits, perhaps even sending them crashing to the ground:

It was shown here as well:

He will also be able to use other arrows here, For example he will be able to use the sonic arrow to disorient your team and send them flying into one another. His sonics have even affected the likes of Green Lantern:

He has many other types of trick arrows that can be used here

I don't see how GA will be able to fire off his arrows while getting pounded into the ground by hellfire/barrage mode

The bomb

After the dust has settled Livewire can throw the bomb into the teleporter from above I guess.

Overall

Both Livewire and Bloodshot have TP defenses and can shut down/control any teammates that do get controlled

Hellfire mode levels your team :)

#25 Posted by deactivated-5b3daad020468 (2228 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio

@ugivemethelulz:

Alright, time for round 2. I'll start with counters to your post before elaborating some more on my team's offense.

Telepathy:

Your team has nice TP resistance feats, however, sadly for you it isn't anything Eragon can't handle. He's handled way worse even without the Eldunarya, and the Eldunarya increase his power so much that it isn't even funny.

Eragon's telepathic abilities are vast and powerful. In the Inheritance Cycle universe, telepathy is different from that in most other verses. It's a form of art more than anything else, with techniques and expertise that need to be practiced. A stronger mind won't necessarily win over a better trained one. Here's an example of Eragon (without Eldunarya) fending off numerous attackers, using techniques that he learned and practiced:

The congregation of priests began to howl and stomp their feet, and Eragon felt their minds clawing at his, like a pack of wolves tearing at a weakened deer. He retreated deep within himself, warding off the attacks with techniques he had been practicing under Glaedr's tutelage.

Inheritance

Eragon, as pretty much a noob in the first book, had a telepathic battle against a very dangerous enemy - a Shade named Durza. A Shade is basically a sorcerer who was possessed by evil spirits. The spirits corrupt the sorcerer, but also made him extremely powerful. His magical and telepathic powers were extremely vast. He had an army of thousands of Urgals (pretty much the Orcs of "The Inheritance Cycle") bent to his will, and after Eragon killed him (which earned him the name "Shadeslayer" by the way, since he was the 3rd person in history to kill a Shade and live to tell the tale), all these thousands of warriors - now freed of Durza's mental hold - turned on each other:

“What . . . what happened?” asked Eragon. Arya looked sad. But Murtagh crowed, “We won! It was incredible! When the Shade’s spirits—if that’s what they were—flew across Farthen Dûr, the Urgals ceased fighting to watch them go. It was as though they were released from a spell then, because their clans suddenly turned and attacked each other. Their entire army disintegrated within minutes. We routed them after that!”

Eragon

While Durza was clearly the more powerful one, Eragon did manage to hold his own against Durza's attack. Even when Durza began taking control, Eragon drove him out and later even managed to take a bit of control himself:

His sword whistled through the air. The moment Eragon caught the blade on his shield, a mental probe spiked deep into his thoughts. Fighting to protect his consciousness, he shoved Durza back and attacked with his own mind.

Eragon battered with all his strength against the iron-hard defenses surrounding Durza’s mind, but to no avail. He swung Zar’roc, trying to catch Durza off guard. The Shade knocked the blow aside effortlessly, then stabbed in return with lightning speed. The point of the sword caught Eragon in the ribs, piercing his mail and driving out his breath. The mail slipped, though, and the blade missed his side by the width of a wire. The distraction was all Durza needed to break into Eragon’s mind and begin taking control.

“No!” cried Eragon, throwing himself at the Shade. His face contorted as he grappled with Durza, yanking on his sword arm. Durza tried to cut Eragon’s hand, but it was protected by the mail-backed glove, which sent the blade glancing downward. As Eragon kicked his leg, Durza snarled and swept his black shield around, knocking him to the floor. Eragon tasted blood in his mouth; his neck throbbed.

Ignoring his injuries, he rolled over and hurled his shield at Durza. Despite the Shade’s superior speed, the heavy shield clipped him on the hip. As Durza stumbled, Eragon caught him on the upper arm with Zar’roc. A line of blood traced down the Shade’s arm. Eragon thrust at the Shade with his mind and drove through Durza’s weakened defenses. A flood of images suddenly engulfed him, rushing through his consciousness—

Eragon

A few things to know about this though:

First of all, this is from "Eragon" - the first book in the series. Here, Eragon is still pretty much a novice. He is yet to be taught and trained by Oromis and Glaedr. Second, he didn't have any of his Eldunarya. And as we already discussed, at least half of these Eldunarya are more powerful than Eragon by themselves. Third, it all was after Eragon himself had participated in a large battle and he was already weary. Now, important to note that in the end Durza did win, but Eragon gave him a good fight. He made Durza really work for it and had a momentary upper hand. Durza having thousands under his control is already a telepathy feat above and beyond anything you've shown Aric, Toyo, Peter or Bloodshot doing. Remember, Eragon has 132 other minds with him here, at least half of which are even more powerful than his own.

Glaedr's Eldunari by itself, for example, was giving people crippling headaches just by being angry around them:

Dark clouds of anger gathered within Glaedr, like massive thunderheads building on the horizon. Eragon distanced himself from Glaedr’s consciousness, wary of the dragon’s wrath. Glaedr was no longer capable of physically harming anyone, but he was still incredibly dangerous, and should he lose control and lash out with his mind, none of them would be able to withstand his might.

[...]

Glaedr’s fury was volcanic. Black and terrible, it battered against Eragon with such force, he felt as if the fabric of his being might split asunder, like a sail caught in the wind. On the other side of the field, he saw men drop their weapons and clutch at their heads, grimacing with pain.

Inheritance

His anger was felt all across the Varden's camp - the Varden is an army of tens of thousands of people in it:

Eragon withdrew from the others for a moment as Trianna and several other magicians who served in the Varden contacted him, each demanding to know what they had just felt tearing at their minds and what had so upset the men and animals in the camp.

Inheritance

And that was just Glaedr. Imagine that, but 132 times as powerful. Umaroth alone was able to break through the minds of Eragon, Saphira and Glaedr in a split second as I have shown in my opener, and Umaroth is, again, just one among many. It's hard to grasp the true power of the Eldunarya if you haven't read the books, but this level of mental power is so far above anything you've shown your people doing and/or dealing with, that their feats turn almost insignificant in comparison.

Wards:

My armorines can go ahead and use barrage/hellfire mode....

That's nice, however the one problem I see here is that it doesn't look as something they'd do in-character. Looks like some sort of last-resort maneuver. The Armorines in your scan did it only after a very explicit order from their commander. Soldiers are disciplined, I don't think they'd just blow the whole place sky-high right off the bat for the heck of it. What they will see is Eragon and the 2 Warthogs - one man in a weird suit and 2 jeeps. Seems kinda vanilla for them at first glance, not the sort of emergency that requires going all-out and turning the whole place into hell.

Plus, well Eragon's wards can take some rough stuff. Here's the most powerful attack that Eragon's wards protected him from:

Eragon had no time for words. Again drawing upon the Eldunari, he cast a spell to drag himself, Saphira, Arya, Elva, Thorn, and Murtagh, and the two children on the dias over to the block of stone where Nasuada was chained. And he also cast a spell to stop or deflect whatever might harm them.

They were only halfway to the block when Galbatorix vanished in a flash of light brighter than the sun. Then all went black and silent as Eragon's protective spell took effect.

Inheritance

Now, please take note that Eragon protected not only himself here: he also protected 6 other people (Arya, Elva, Murtagh, Nasuada and the 2 children) and 2 dragons (Saphira and Thorn) from that blast.

Here's a description of the effect of that blast:

The ground rumbled and shook; then the front of the citadel exploded outward in a wall of white and yellow flame so bright, Roran saw the bones within the archer's neck and head, his flesh like a red gooseberry held before a candle.

[...]

The walls of the room were cracked, and the pillars, carvings, and lanterns had been pulverized. At the back of the chamber lay Shruikan's corpse, much of the flesh stripped from his soot-blackened bones. At the front, the explosion had shattered the stone walls, as well as the walls beyond for hundreds of feet, exposing a veritable warren of tunnels and rooms. The beautiful golden doors that had guarded the entrance to the chamber had been blown off their hinges, and Eragon thought he glimpsed daylight at the far end of the quarter-mile-long hallway that led to the outside.

[...]

Piles of broken stone covered the floor along much of the hallway, which slowed the dragons. To either side, Eragon could see into the rubble-filled rooms and tunnels that the explosion had torn open. Within them, tables, chairs, and other pieces of furniture burned. The limbs of the dead and dying stuck out at odd angles from beneath the tumbled stones, occasionally a grimy face or the back of a head.

[...]

As they emerged from the citadel, the air cleared and Eragon was able to see the destruction that the blast had wreaked on Uru'baen. It had ripped off the slate roofs of many nearby buildings and set fire to the beams underneath. Scores of fires dotted the rest of the city.

Inheritance

As you can see, the effect of the blast is described from the points of view of both Eragon (who was inside the citadel) and Roran (who was outside, but far enough to not get harmed by the explosion). Its radius was more than a quarter mile long, it took apart the citadel in which it went off and made the roofs of nearby buildings fly off and the buildings themselves catch fire. THAT'S how powerful it was.

So yeah, Eragon's wards can hold on to very serious damage when powered by the Eldunarya - and that's when he has to protect 6 other people and 2 house-sized dragons in addition to himself, so just imagine how much damage these wards were taking. He was completely fine after that, it didn't even really wear him down.

But can his wards really keep absorbing damage?

The thing is that the wards will take everything thrown at them as long as Eragon has the vitality to feed them. With Deadpool's healing factor, he cannot die meaning that no matter how powerful the attack he will be taking, he's still going to have more vitality to spare. Even if it'll be an attack so powerful that it'll leave him drooling and exhausted on the floor, he will still live and will be able to feed energy to the wards.

I don't see how GA will be able to fire off his arrows while getting pounded into the ground by hellfire/barrage mode

Well now that just depends on who shoots first. While I still don't see your team just carpet-bombing the whole place with hellfire right off the bat, Green Arrow is fast enough on the draw to shoot an EMP before they can react. He has several draw-speed feats that put him as legitimately FTE:

1. Oliver fires 4 arrows at Brick before the latter even realizes what happened. Do note that we see him holding only one arrow before he shoots, so obviously this is also a fire-rate feat (Green Arrow vol. III issue #45).
  2. After Deadshot pulls out his guns, Ollie pulled 3 arrows from his quiver and fired before Deadshot could take a single shot -which forced Deadshot to intercept the arrows instead of shooting Ollie (Deadshot: Urban Renewal issue #3).
  3. With Merlyn pointing a gun at his head, Ollie picked up a piece of a broken arrow from the floor and threw it into the barrel of Merlyn's gun before Merlyn could fire a shot - also do note how Merlyn exclaims that Green Arrow is better than him (Green Arrow/Black Canary issue #16).

Now, I'd like to talk a little more on these last 2 feats (the one with Deadshot and the one with Merlyn). I think that they put Ollie on an extremely high level of speed. Here's why:

First, about Deadshot - we all know he's fast. But how fast is he? Let's take a look at a feat he pulled just one issue prior to his encounter with Green Arrow:

Deadshot: Urban Renewal issue #2
Deadshot: Urban Renewal issue #2

What we see here is Deadshot killing 5 people before a man can finish saying "kill him" (a very short sentence mind you, only 2 syllables). Do note that at least one of these guys had his guns already pointed at Deadshot.

Now, that's a very nice feat, but here's an even better one:

Suicide Squad vol. III issue #4

It's a pretty well-known feat. What we have here is Deadshot outmaneuvering Owen Mercer - a mach-level speedster who can, as we can clearly see, easily dodge bullets at point blank. And still, Deadshot pretty calmly outmaneuvered him and would have killed him if he wanted to. Do note how he mentions that he can "see every beat of a hummingbird's wings" - which is, according to a short Google search, up to 80 times per second. Can he really see each beat of a hummingbird's wings? Probably. But even if not, it's pretty evident that the man is ridiculously fast, and Oliver out-reacting him is a pretty big deal.

Now, about Merlyn. Out-reacting him is also very impressive, considering what we saw him do just a couple of pages prior:

Green Arrow/Black Canary issue #16

First, we see him firing 3 shots at Ollie that are nearly aligned (Ollie takes 2 shots that align as well - add that to the list, that's 9 times now). Then he takes 3 shots at Black Canary which are almost perfectly aligned - and overwhelms her. Black Canary even states that his speed is too much for her.

The moment he sees the Armorines in the corner of his eye he will be able to rain arrows on them without them even seeing him (thanks to him being invisible of course). He can use EMP arrows, sonics, explosives, flashbangs, or even his newly acquired Vibranium arrows that can most probably go through the Armorines' armor and injure them.

Magic:

One thing I haven't talked about is Eragon's offensive magic. As I said, he is limited only by his imagination pretty much. For example, he can manipulate light to prevent it from entering your team's eyes, thus rendering them blind:

He only had time for one more spell before he would have to devote himself to stopping the Ra'zac from inserting the sword between his liver and kidneys. In desperation, he gave up trying to directly harm the Lethrblaka and instead cried, "Garjzla, letta!"

It was a crude spell, constructed in haste and poorly worded, yet it worked. The bulbous eyes of the Lethrblaka with the broken wing became a matched set of mirrors, each a perfect hemisphere, as Eragon's magic reflected the light that otherwise would have entered the Ltherblaka's pupils. Blind, the creature stumbled and flailed at the air in a vain attempt to hit Saphira.

Brisingr

He can put them to sleep with a spell:

Eragon nodded, then murmured, "Slytha." The soldier's eyes rolled up in his head, and he collapsed limply.

"Did you kill him?"

[...]

"No, he's only asleep."

Eragon

He can immobilize them, literally locking their limbs in place:

Eragon's temper broke then, and he reached deep within himself and into the torrent of magic. He released the pent-up energy with one of the twelve minor words of binding, crying "Malthinae!" to chain Vanir's legs and arms in place and hold his jaw shut so that he could not utter a counterspell. The elf's eyes bulged with outrage.

Eldest

And more, and more, and more.

He can even send himself flying into the sky and attack them head-on:

Eragon took a half step forward, as if to stop her, then cursed and growled, "Audr!"

The spell launched him into the sky, like a arrow from a bow. He reached out to Glaedr, and the old dragon fed him energy to sustain his ascension.

Inheritance

Once up in the air, facing one or more of the Armorines, his superior skill in melee will help him make short work of them. He strikes with strength and speed that makes trees around him shake:

He charged Vanir, and the field rang with a furious din as they strove against each other, raging back and forth upon the trampled grass. The force of their blows created gusts of wind that whipped their hair into tangled disarray. Overhead, the trees shook and dropped their needles. The duel lasted long into the morning, for even with Eragon's newfound skill, Vanir was still a formidable opponent. But in the end, Eragon would not be denied. Playing Zar'roc in a circle, he darted past Vanir's guard and struck him upon the upper arm, breaking the bone.

Vanir dropped his blade, his face turning white with shock.

Eldest

As for striking strength, here's what Eragon can do with only his fists:

Four soldiers who had dismounted confronted him with drawn swords. They charged. Dodging to the right, he caught the first soldier's wrist as the man swung his sword and punched him in the armpit. The man collapsed and was still. Eragon dispatched his next opponents by twisting their heads until their spines snapped. The fourth soldier was so close by then, running at him with sword held high, Eragon could not evade him.

Trapped, he did the one thing he could: he struck the man in the chest with all his might. A fount of blood and sweat erupted as his fist connected. The blow staved in the man's ribs and propelled him more than a dozen feet over the grass, where he fetched up against another corpse.

Brisingr

He literally punches armored men a dozen feet across, denting their armor and caving their chests in. He killed a man with a punch to the armpit, and snapped peoples' SPINES by twisting them hard enough.

Also here:

The soldier uttered an oath as he struggled to regain his balance. "What's wrong with you, you thrice-blasted----" he said, and then he saw Eragon's face, and his eyes widened. "You!"

Eragon balled his right and and punched the man in the belly, directly underneath his rib cage. The blow lifted the man off his feet and smashed him into the ceiling. "Me," Eragon agreed as the man dropped to the floor, lifeless.

Inheritance

He can easily cut through steel:

Once there, Eragon could not tell from whose mouth emanated the ravenous jet of flame that consumed a dozen soldiers, cooking them in their mail, nor whose arm it was that brought Zar'roc down in an arc, cleaving a soldier's helm in half.

[...]

He moved faster than the soldiers could react and, with strength beyond men, splintered shields with a single blow, rent armor, and clove the swords of those who opposed him.

Eldest

And even punch through steel:

Releasing the buckler with his right hand but still holding on with his left, Eragon drew back his arm and struck the shield as hard as he could, punching through the tempered steel as easily as if it were made of rotten wood. Because of the calluses on his knuckles, he felt no pain from the impact.

The force of the blow threw the dwarf against the opposite wall. His head lolling upon a boneless neck, the dwarf dropped to the ground, like a puppet whose strings had been severed.

Brisingr

As for skill, Eragon is a real prodigy.

Here Oromis praises Eragon's swordsmanship skills, saying he is one of the finest he has ever met, and Oromis is an elf at least 300 years old who has trained and seen numerous Riders before:

"You are as good a swordsman as ever I have met."

Eldest

Eragon, as a novice, duels Arya, even though he is somewhat tired from running magic exercises, and manages to impress her with his skill:

They faced each other across the circle of warriors. Arya drew her sword with her left hand. The weapon was thinner than Eragon's, but just as long and sharp. He slid Zar'roc out of its polished sheath and held the red blade point-down by his side. For a long moment they stood motionless, elf and human watching each other. It flashed though Eragon's mind that this was how many of his fights with Brom had started.

He moved forward cautiously. With a blur of motion Arya jumped at him, slashing at his ribs. Eragon reflexively parried the attack, and their swords met in a shower of sparks. Zar'roc was bated aside as if it were no more than a fly. The elf did not take advantage of the opening, however, but spun to her right, hair whipping through the air, and struck at his other side. He barely stopped the blow and backpedaled frantically, stunned by her ferocity and speed.

Belatedly, Eragon remembered Brom's warning that even the weakest elf could easily overpower a human. He had about as much chance at defeating Arya as he did Durza. She attacked again, swinging at his head. He ducked under the razor-sharp edge. But then why was she . . . toying with him? For a few long seconds he was too busy warding her off to think about it, then he realized, She wants to know how proficient I am.

Understanding that, he began the most complicated series of attacks he knew. He flowed from one pose to another, recklessly combining and modifying them in every possible way. But no matter how inventive he was, Arya's sword always stopped his. She matched his actions with effortless grace.

Engaged in a fiery dance, their bodies were linked and separated by the flashing blades. At times they nearly touched, taut skin only a hair's breath away, but then momentum would whirl them apart, and they would withdraw for a second, only to join again. Their sinuous forms wove together like twisting ropes of windblown smoke.

Eragon could never remember how long they fought. It was timeless, filled with nothing but action and reaction. Zar'roc grew leaden in his hand; his arm burned ferociously with each stroke. At last, as he lunged forward, Arya nimbly sidestepped, sweeping the point of her sword up to his jawbone with supernatural speed.

Eragon froze as the icy metal touched his skin. His muscles trembled from the exertion. Dimly he heard Saphira bugle and the warriors cheering raucously around them. Arya lowered her sword and sheathed it. "You have passed," she said quietly amid the noise.

Eragon

He has dozens of skill feats and accolades, but I believe this alone is enough to say that if he launches himself into the air, he will be able to defeat any Armorine in a straight-up fight thanks to his speed, strength, skill and Vibranium sword. Just to remind you what a Vibranium weapon can do in the hands on a non-enhanced human:

No Caption Provided

And in the hands of an enhanced human:

No Caption Provided

With his strength, he can do a serious number on the Armorines with a Vibranium sword.

They can't even try to blast him because they'd put themselves at risk of hurting themselves and one another.

So, while Eragon distracts your team with his magic and telepathy and inexhaustible defenses, and Green Arrow fires arrows at them, Black Panther can get the bomb to your teleporter completely unnoticed.

Summary:

• Eragon's telepathy is so far above anything your team has dealt with that it isn't even funny.
  • The wards can take tons of damage and will continue doing so as long as Eragon is alive - and with Deadpool's healing factor, he is immortal.
  • Your team going for the hellfire tactic seems too out-of-character to do right off the bat and with no explicit order from their commander.
  • Eragon and Green Arrow can attack before your team does. Green Arrow uses his trick arrows and Eragon uses his telepathy and magic to wreak havoc among your team.
  • Eragon can launch himself into the air and take out your team with his Vibranium sword, using his superior skill and his superhuman speed and strength.
  • My homebase is still surrounded by a force-field that kills most anything that tries to go through it and is stacked with Wakandan traps and Oliver's explosives.
  • Black Panther's superhuman speed will allow him to get to your homebase with the bomb within seconds, and since he's invisible and inaudible he can do it without your team even realizing. While your team is busy fighting Eragon and getting dropped by the silent and invisible Green Arrow, Black Panther will already put the bomb in their himebase without them even knowing until it's too late.

Your turn again, last post, make it count ;)

#28 Posted by deactivated-5b3daad020468 (2228 posts) - - Show Bio

TP

Eragon's telepathic abilities are vast and powerful. In the Inheritance Cycle universe, telepathy is different from that in most other verses. It's a form of art more than anything else, with techniques and expertise that need to be practiced. A stronger mind won't necessarily win over a better trained one. Here's an example of Eragon (without Eldunarya) fending off numerous attackers, using techniques that he learned and practiced:

Eragon, as pretty much a noob in the first book, had a telepathic battle against a very dangerous enemy - a Shade named Durza. A Shade is basically a sorcerer who was possessed by evil spirits. The spirits corrupt the sorcerer, but also made him extremely powerful. His magical and telepathic powers were extremely vast. He had an army of thousands of Urgals (pretty much the Orcs of "The Inheritance Cycle") bent to his will, and after Eragon killed him (which earned him the name "Shadeslayer" by the way, since he was the 3rd person in history to kill a Shade and live to tell the tale), all these thousands of warriors - now freed of Durza's mental hold - turned on each other:

Skill helps but only to a certain extent, not matter how skilled you are an overwhelmingly powerful opponent will win.

Durza having thousands under his control is already a telepathy feat above and beyond anything you've shown Aric, Toyo, Peter or Bloodshot doing. Remember, Eragon has 132 other minds with him here, at least half of which are even more powerful than his own.

Having thousands under control is nice but remember Toyo's mind was powerful enough to not be effected at all by planetary level TP. The whole world contains billions of people which is waaaay more than thousands. I don't see how Eragon even backed up 132 minds as strong as himself could TP an entire planet along with two other reality warpers, even multiplying 100,000 by 132 it only comes out to about 13 million alot by still not close to a billion let alone billions. Now obviously it don't scale that way it's just to prove a point that how having an entire planet under control is very impressive and the X-O armor is able to protect Aric's mind from Toyo, whose mind too powerful to be effected by such a thing.

As for Bloodshot he was also unaffected by the immortal enemy's mind based powers

At first glance you might want to say that it didn't work because Bloodshot has no memories but to affect someone's mind you have to you know affect their mind

And the immortal enemy was able to effect people such as Armstrong (someone with good TP resistance), even X-O, and Gin-Gr a robot(the purple robot near the top)

Armstrong resists TP since he has the mind of every living thing before the "great cataclysm" so yeah Armstrong has potentially millions of minds inside him and yet he was still effected by the immortal enemy

And just for convenience sake I also reposted the X-O armor shielding Aric's mind.

To recap the immortal enemy affected both Armstrong (someone with potentially millions of minds inside him) X-O and a robot who are usually unaffected by TP. And yet Bloodshot was not effected in the slightest.

Wards

That's nice, however the one problem I see here is that it doesn't look as something they'd do in-character. Looks like some sort of last-resort maneuver. The Armorines in your scan did it only after a very explicit order from their commander. Soldiers are disciplined, I don't think they'd just blow the whole place sky-high right off the bat for the heck of it. What they will see is Eragon and the 2 Warthogs - one man in a weird suit and 2 jeeps. Seems kinda vanilla for them at first glance, not the sort of emergency that requires going all-out and turning the whole place into hell.

They actually have no reason not to. Usually several factors hold back them back but there are no civilians around, they're not even on earth so no meaningful collateral damage, they have unlimited ammo and they face an unknown enemy. More on the last point, they are fighting an enemy they know little to nothing about so why risk it and fight a head to head battle when they can vape the land with zero consequences. Minimizing contact with the enemy is literally the easiest and safest thing to do, no need to get dirty just nuke from afar. They won't run out of ammo so they won't run the risk of having no firepower. They having nothing to lose by doing so.

As you can see, the effect of the blast is described from the points of view of both Eragon (who was inside the citadel) and Roran (who was outside, but far enough to not get harmed by the explosion). Its radius was more than a quarter mile long, it took apart the citadel in which it went off and made the roofs of nearby buildings fly off and the buildings themselves catch fire. THAT'S how powerful it was.

So yeah, Eragon's wards can hold on to very serious damage when powered by the Eldunarya - and that's when he has to protect 6 other people and 2 house-sized dragons in addition to himself, so just imagine how much damage these wards were taking. He was completely fine after that, it didn't even really wear him down.

A quarter of mile isn't really that large. I introduce the CSCL Globe

No Caption Provided

This is about a quarter of a mile long at 400 meters long(A quarter of a mile is 440 meters) and compared to the hellfire barrage this ship seems to be smaller

No Caption Provided

Its multiplied by 3. Not doubled but tripled and while blowing off the roofs of buildings is nice remember the PBC cannons level buildings.

No Caption Provided

Speaking of buildings the targets they were firing at were the tormented, beings that are larger than multi story buildings

No Caption Provided

And the hellfire barrage explosions are larger then the tormented. If you look at the scan you can see them standing there.

And this isn't a one and done deal they don't have to reload they can continuously fire barrage mode for a prolonged period of time I don't see how team can survive being barrage for more than a minute straight or for longer if need be.

The thing is that the wards will take everything thrown at them as long as Eragon has the vitality to feed them. With Deadpool's healing factor, he cannot die meaning that no matter how powerful the attack he will be taking, he's still going to have more vitality to spare. Even if it'll be an attack so powerful that it'll leave him drooling and exhausted on the floor, he will still live and will be able to feed energy to the wards.

Saying that no matter how powerful the attack is, runs straight into a no limits fallacy.

Well now that just depends on who shoots first. While I still don't see your team just carpet-bombing the whole place with hellfire right off the bat, Green Arrow is fast enough on the draw to shoot an EMP before they can react. He has several draw-speed feats that put him as legitimately FTE:

All those feats for GA are good and all but that doesn't change the speed of the projectile, which is an arrow something that is much much slower than a sniper round. Livewire with her magnetic powers can just send them back or shut it down with technopathy, he may be invisible but his projectiles aren't.

Magic

He can put them to sleep with a spell:

He can immobilize them, literally locking their limbs in place:

Putting the armorines to sleep or locking their limbs isn't gonna stop their suits from firing.

He can even send himself flying into the sky and attack them head-on:

Flying towards someone with magnetic powers in a metal suit is the worst thing you can do. Livewire can send him back down into the ground, take away his swords etc. Really this makes Eragon's strength and skill section pointless since he's at the mercy of Livewire for charging at her in a metal suit. This is not gonna be a head to head battle my team will simply barrage yours into oblivion from a distance.

Overall

From what you've shown, this is how the battle goes down. GA shoots arrows at my team Livewire redirects them and half a second later the armorines fire off the barrage leveling the area and vaping your team. Then Livewire throws the bomb into the teleporter.

• Eragon is not even close to planetary level TP, which means Livewire and Bloodshot won't get TPed anytime soon
  • The armorines have nothing to lose and everything to gain by starting off with barrage mode
  • The Wards have not taken anything at the level of the barrage mode which is multiplied by 3 and saying they can tank any attack is a no limits fallacy
  • GA's projectiles are redirected by Livewire
  • My team doesn't even need to enter your base or really get close to it to drop the bomb into the teleporter

#29 Posted by deactivated-5b3daad020468 (2228 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio

Telepathy:

Skill helps but only to a certain extent, not matter how skilled you are an overwhelmingly powerful opponent will win.

Yeah but the problem is that I have 132 skilled minds and you have zero overwhelmingly powerful enemies.

Having thousands under control is nice but remember Toyo's mind was powerful enough to not be effected at all by planetary level TP.

Was that really it though?

No Caption Provided

First of all, Toyo wasn't even sure what the Russians did to affect the whole world. I'm sure that he would have known if it was a telepathic attack, being a telepath himself. The way he makes it sound, it was some sort of hypnosis, or brainwash or whatever. Very different from a real telepathic assault.

Second of all, that other guy assumed that Toyo used some advanced form of meditation to resist that which Toyo did not deny. It's not just some inherent mental immunity, Toyo had to work for it.

Now obviously it don't scale that way it's just to prove a point that how having an entire planet under control is very impressive and the X-O armor is able to protect Aric's mind from Toyo, whose mind too powerful to be effected by such a thing.

Oh, here's another point I wanna discuss. The planetary level TP did affect Aric though, right? Meaning the X-O Manowar armor doesn't have planetary level TP defense. Its best feat is resisting Toyo, whose best offensive feat is TPing a couple dozen soldiers. Eragon alone has achieved much more than that, with the Eldunarya he's far more powerful.

At first glance you might want to say that it didn't work because Bloodshot has no memories

But that's exactly what happened. Immortal Enemy specifically said that he wants to look at Bloodshot's memories. Then he acted confused because there were no memories in there. He didn't go for mind control or anything like that, he just wanted to look at memories which he couldn't because there were none. Not really a TP defense feat.

One final thing that you failed to address regarding TP is that you still have 11 other people in your team other than Livewire and Bloodshot, 11 people who al pack serious firepower and have no TP resistance whatsoever. Even if Eragon couldn't overwhelm Bloodshot's and Livewire's TP resistance, he could just control the other 11 people and make them attack Livewire and Bloodshot. Easy as that.

Wards:

They actually have no reason not to. Usually several factors hold back them back but there are no civilians around, they're not even on earth so no meaningful collateral damage, they have unlimited ammo and they face an unknown enemy. More on the last point, they are fighting an enemy they know little to nothing about so why risk it and fight a head to head battle when they can vape the land with zero consequences. Minimizing contact with the enemy is literally the easiest and safest thing to do, no need to get dirty just nuke from afar. They won't run out of ammo so they won't run the risk of having no firepower. They having nothing to lose by doing so.

Still, soldiers are supposed to be disciplined. Without a direct order from their commander, which is not here, why would they go for their emergency protocol? Not knowing what they're up against is exactly why they wouldn't want to go for it immediately. What if there will be some serious backlash that they're unaware of? What if there are civilians hidden somewhere that they shouldn't risk? Speaking as someone who served in the military, disciplined soldiers don't act without direct orders from their commanders and they certainly don't flatten a whole landscape without having intelligence. Even a split-second hesitation will be enough for Green Arrow to send them crashing to the ground and/or Eragon mind-controlling them into shooting one another.

A quarter of mile isn't really that large. I introduce the CSCL Globe

Yes, no doubt the hellfire barrage does a lot more damage. But Eragon was protecting not only himself but 6 other people and 2 house-sized dragons as well. His wards took the power of the blast 6 times plus god knows how many more times for the two dragons. All that being said, the wards will keep taking damage mostly thanks to the healing factor that keep Eragon alive.

Saying that no matter how powerful the attack is, runs straight into a no limits fallacy.

It doesn't. It's backed up by a direct quote from the books:

"Wards," said Oromis, "rely upon the strength of your body. If that strength is exceeded, you die. No matter how many wards you have, you will only be able to block attacks so long as your body can sustain the output of energy."

Eldest

Since Eragon's body can now sustain literally everything thanks to Deadpool's ludicrous healing factor, which allowed Deadpool to survive pretty much everything in the past, the wards - as I said - are inexhaustible. We all know what Deadpool's healing factor is capable of but just for good measure, Deadpool's healing factor had kept him alive and conscious even as a pile of ashes after being fried by Thor:

No Caption Provided

So I'd say that Eragon can keep the wards coming for a good long while.

And this isn't a one and done deal they don't have to reload they can continuously fire barrage mode for a prolonged period of time I don't see how team can survive being barrage for more than a minute straight or for longer if need be.

Black Panther needs far less than a minute to reach your homebase. I'd say he can do it in 20 seconds or less.

All those feats for GA are good and all but that doesn't change the speed of the projectile, which is an arrow something that is much much slower than a sniper round. Livewire with her magnetic powers can just send them back or shut it down with technopathy, he may be invisible but his projectiles aren't.

The arrows aren't invisible true, but a bow is a silent weapon and Livewire will be distracted by Eragon and the Warthogs. Livewire knew the sniper round was coming, she won't know the arrows are coming and certainly not where they're coming from (especially if it's from behind her) and her attention will be fixed on Eragon and the Warthogs making all the noise.

Magic:

Putting the armorines to sleep or locking their limbs isn't gonna stop their suits from firing.

It will if Eragon does it before they begin firing.

Flying towards someone with magnetic powers in a metal suit is the worst thing you can do. Livewire can send him back down into the ground, take away his swords etc. Really this makes Eragon's strength and skill section pointless since he's at the mercy of Livewire for charging at her in a metal suit. This is not gonna be a head to head battle my team will simply barrage yours into oblivion from a distance.

Eragon has plenty of ways of dealing with Livewire to avoid this. First of all, engaging in telepathy right off the bat will allow him to know he's facing someone with magnetic forces and he'll know he needs to neutralize her first. Either with telepathy or with magic or by asking Oliver to drop her, or even mind-controlling one of her comrades into blowing her sky-high.

That's not even addressing all of the other things he can do, like blinding them, etc.

Summary:

• Inexhaustible wards.
  • Invisible Green Arrow can take your team out with trick arrows without them even knowing where it came from, since Eragon and the remote-controlled Warthogs take all the attention.
  • Black Panther will get the bomb to your homebase in a few seconds using his faster-than-cars running speed.
  • Your team's TP resistance isn't powerful enough to resist Eragon and the Eldunarya.
  • Eragon can mind-control the Armorines into attacking your team.
  • Eragon's magic is versatile as heck and he can play ping-pong with your team by having them attack each other, putting them to sleep, blinding them, etc etc. He can even go up and engage them in melee if he feels bored.
  • My homebase is still protected by the force-field and the traps/explosives.

@ugivemethelulz It was a fun debate, may the best man win ;)

@darthjhawk you can open it for votes mate.

@blackspidey2099 You asked for a tag mate.

#31 Posted by Darthjhawk (5124 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
#33 Posted by deactivated-5b466be4b5981 (3660 posts) - - Show Bio

No XD

#34 Posted by XLR87T3 (9131 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: I should have followed you years ago, but I forgot. Let me remedy that

#35 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by geekryan (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm voting for @the_red_viper.

His prep and strategy are absolutely insane and he did a great job at countering all of his opponent's arguments.

Eragon is definitely the MVP of this match.

Good job to the both of you!

#37 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6157 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to have to vote for @the_red_viper. Both debaters did well, but TRV's usage of Eragon and his overall strategy were just more potent than @ugivemethelulz's, for whom I felt this wasn't a good match-up (powers to counter tech aren't useful against Eragon's magic). Honestly, I was super-impressed with TRV's debating with Eragon, and although I still think Eragon by himself would be unfair for this tourney (let alone with 132 Eldunari... jeez) the fact is that TRV did manage to prove how Eragon can take on Lulz's entire team while BP gets to Lulz's base. Great debate though; as both an Eragon fan and someone starting to read more Valiant comics, I really enjoyed reading the entire thing.

#38 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099: @geekryan: Thanks for your votes guys :)

Spidey, I don't think that Eragon is too powerful for this tourney. He's just very versatile and has a very large array of powers so he has an answer to most anything, but that's not to say that any of those powers individually are in any way above the rules of the tournament. What makes him especially powerful here is the healing factor perk that just allows him to have endless energy for his spells.

#39 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6157 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: I mean I'm pretty sure with 130+ Eldunari Eragon has way more raw destructive power than allowed for this tourney. And I think the hax he has, even excluding the death words, are pretty OP. I mean how is anyone in this tourney supposed to counter Eragon just using the Ancient Language to force them to sleep or be immobilized? Considering some of the dragons are like mountain sized, no one can overpower Eragon's magic through sheer strength...

#40 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099: I don't recall any sheer destructive feat of Eragon's, even with the Eldunarya. He didn't really do much with them since he only met them pretty close to the end of book 4. I mean I guess you can do a whole lot of scaling and try to somehow gauge the power of the Eldunarya, but there are no direct showings of that. I mean, some people in this tourney have teams that can level entire landscapes and bust tanks and buildings (see above). With this in mind I don't think Eragon's sheer power, with or without the Eldunarya, is too much here. As for his hax powers, well... there are perks for that I guess, lol.

#41 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6157 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: That's very true. TBH I don't want to argue whether Eragon is within the rules, since DJH clearly thinks he is fine so there's no point of me disagreeing. As a huge fan of the Inheritance Cycle myself, I loved the way you debated him, so kudos for that! Good luck for this tourney!

#42 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099: Thanks for the compliments and the well-wishes, good luck to you as well my friend. Maybe we'll even face each other in future rounds ;)

By the way, since you're an "Inheritance Cycle" fan, you may be interested in this CaV that I had about a year ago, using Eragon. Not that it needs votes or anything, the voting was closed long ago, but I thought maybe you'd just enjoy reading it :)

#43 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6157 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Haha thanks! And yeah, let's see what happens...

By the way, since you're an "Inheritance Cycle" fan, you may be interested in this CaV that I had about a year ago, using Eragon.

Thanks for the link! From a first glance it looks really good, though I've never heard of your opponent before...

#44 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099: Yeah I never heard of him either before that debate started (and neither has my opponent heard of Eragon so we both came into this debate pretty much "blind"). He's a really cool character though, actually he resembles Eragon in many ways which made this debate more interesting.

#45 Posted by Darthjhawk (5124 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump for more votes

TRV: 2

Ugiveme: 0

#46 Edited by XLR87T3 (9131 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by Wyldsong (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@ugivemethelulz: Alright my friend, you get props for using a Valiant team. Now, my knowledge of Valiant really only comes from the old school stuff, but you laid out your intro nicely, and you had a very powerful team overall. The plan, I felt, was a simple but effective one, and you had nice counters laid out overall. I do think it would have helped if you reiterated a point that you brought up in post 24:

"As for the rest of my team sure they don't have any TP defense but they are in power armor next to a technopath Livewire and Bloodshot both are immune to TP and can stop any one of my teammates from doing anything by shutting down their suit and or take control of it with there techopathy"

This really bears repeating for your case, but in subsequent posts, it was kind of left by the wayside. It's actually a pretty powerful counter for your side of the argument. Beyond that, using a composite base, I think you could have possibly expanded the scope of your debate somewhat, especially arguing with a composite X-O armor, which was powerful enough in the OG Valiant U to give Solar trouble. You had an effective plan, but it felt like you played defense a little too much, when with your team setup, you could have ramped it up a little, and played a little more offense. Still, overall, good team setup, and a good plan.

@the_red_viper: Alrighty bud, I think you are a worthy debater. You are very knowledgeable in the characters you bring to the table, and you brought out a fairly complex plan to counter your foe, which was an effective plan as well. Eragon seems like the singular most powerful character in this particular debate, and your indepth knowledge of the character really helped you out. Then of course, you had Panther and Arrow, who were two of the weaker characters in this discussion, but coupled with Eragon, they worked perfectly within the scope of your plans. That said, while you had a counter for everything thrown at you, I'm not sure I would say everything was 100% effectively countered. You relied a lot on Eragon and the Deadpool healing, which I agree, was a great combo, but DP's healing factor has been taxed, and sometimes takes a little time to kick back in. The point you showed where he was turned to ash is actually a good example of this, since there was time for a short convo and the heroes leaving before things started to kick back in. I am not sure I would classify that as truly inexhaustible, if it can be taxed, even if only temporarily. Still, your opponent didn't hit on that exact point, he mainly questioned the power of the wards. So, little things like this are what I mean when I say that everything wasn't 100% effectively countered.

Still, good plan overall, and you handled yourself nicely here.

The Verdict:

So, two tough teams and two good plans of action. In the end, I have to go with @the_red_viper. While I think that there would have had to have been a few more posts with some more feats/examples for me to proclaim the win as a slam dunk, there was enough here at least that made me lean more towards TRV's plan ever so slightly. Good debate you two.

#49 Posted by the_red_viper (12531 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Thanks for the vote, and-as usual-your great and in-depth analysis of the match, my friend. Good to see you around by the way ;)

#50 Posted by Wyldsong (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: I am trying not to disappear completely. As for what that means to CaV'ing and debating in general, we shall see. Good to see you as well bud=)