No Caption Provided

Characters:

• Spider-Man
  • Doctor Octopus
  • Black Panther

Perks:

• Basic Knowledge (5)
  • 1 Hour Prep Anywhere (5)
  • Wolverine Healing Factor - Doc Ock (4)
  • Flight - T’Challa (1)

The Rules & Regulations:

• All teams start with an automatic 1 day of prep.
  • Prep can not surpass high street/low-mid level
  • Summons are limited to 10 and cannot be stronger than Damian Wayne
  • Clones are limited to 5
  • Marvel is 616 unless otherwise stated.
  • DC is Post-Crisis/Post-Flashpoint/Rebirth unless otherwise stated
  • Wildstorm/Vertigo characters have access to DC feats
  • Victory by death, knockout, or incapacitation
  • BFR only works for 5 mins at at time, cannot be spammed, and does not count as a win
  • Characters all start with Standard Gear/Equipment/Loadout
  • No direct time manipulation on opponents
  • No luck manipulation
  • No reality manipulation or warping
  • No speed steal
  • No soul manipulation
  • Manga/Anime/Manwha characters are composite manga & anime.
  • Television, Movie, & Game characters have access to tie-in feats

The Scenario: Hunt

Credit to Floopay & SFW for this on.

No Caption Provided

Both teams have been hired to kill one another at the location given. From Tier Breche to Spelltower Xorlarrin is 15 miles. There is a lot of magical light, but it is low light. The city is filled with drow, which are pretty much the scourge of the planet. They are a horrible, wretched race of creatures that constantly backstab one another to climb their way to the top. It's an underground setting, and not a crater. That is not a cliff around the edge, that's simply where the artist removed the ceiling to show what's underneath. Teams have to navigate through the city and locate/kill one another. The inhabitants are still there, and they will remain out of the fight. In this city, nobody is innocent.

Teams

• Each team can use their prep and coordinate with one another, including exchanging gear, setting up ambushes and preparing for whatever is in store for them, along with whatever else you are doing. On battlefield prep applies only in a two mile radius of your starting area.
  • Both teams have a basic map.
  • Both teams are out to fight (and kill if necessary) each other

• Red Team (Gear): OceanMaster21
  • Blue Team(BS2099): Spelltower Xorlarrin
Avatar image for deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15
deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I gotta face BS again?!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
deactivated-5b466be4b5981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4 darthjhawk  Moderator
Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I gotta face BS again?!

Scared? LOL do you mind going first since I have no clue who your characters are (and I can't find any respect threads either)?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gearsecond659 said:

I gotta face BS again?!

Scared? LOL do you mind going first since I have no clue who your characters are (and I can't find any respect threads either)?

Fine... Expect my post by next week

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:
@gearsecond659 said:

I gotta face BS again?!

On second thought, my plate is loaded right now and I don't feel like going first again in addition to the fact that I have very little knowledge on your characters. So I ask that you go first this time, especially since I went first on our last CaV :)

And here are respect threads for both

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/7p1mm2/respect_brainithor_dc_animated_universe/

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/3ify8r/rick_sanchez_earth_c137/

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

isn't Braniac DCAU Superman level? That's way above Carnage

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:
@gearsecond659 said:

I gotta face BS again?!

On second thought, my plate is loaded right now and I don't feel like going first again in addition to the fact that I have very little knowledge on your characters. So I ask that you go first this time, especially since I went first on our last CaV :)

Fine, but can you provide me with respect threads for the two characters in your team?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gearsecond659 said:
@blackspidey2099 said:
@gearsecond659 said:

I gotta face BS again?!

Fine, but can you provide me with respect threads for the two characters in your team?

And here are respect threads for both

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/7p1mm2/respect_brainithor_dc_animated_universe/

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/3ify8r/rick_sanchez_earth_c137/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

isn't Braniac DCAU Superman level? That's way above Carnage

He isn't up there physically though. He just had the battlefield advantage over Superman and that's how he was overwhelming him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gearsecond659: he tanked a barrage of blows from him and wasn't even bothered then he proceeded to oneshot him and the rest of the league in his final form. Plus you have Rick as well, that's no doubt above Carnage

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure both people on Gear's team are over limits.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure both people on Gear's team are over limits.

That's why I thought too..

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stalin-Is-Steel

@gearsecond659: Yo Brainithor was tanking everyone and he only got beat by a bloodlusted Flash going at insane speeds (that later broke his body down into the Speedforce) that seems like more durability than Carnage.......

Rick's fine, but he has a ton of hax that wouldn't be allowed under the prep rules.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthjhawk Since most people take issue with my team, just DQ me and advance BS.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darthjhawk  Moderator

@gearsecond659: I see. I should take some responsibility since I haven’t seen the DCAU in a while. You can make a new team if you want.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gearsecond659: I see. I should take some responsibility since I haven’t seen the DCAU in a while. You can make a new team if you want.

I'm good, but thanks for the offer. I am already in a CaV with BS anyway so I will have my chance to mollywhop him in a CaV lol.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator
darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darthjhawk  Moderator

@blackspidey2099: I’ll try and get one of the reserves so you can still have a match.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By blackspidey2099
@darthjhawk said:

@blackspidey2099: I’ll try and get one of the reserves so you can still have a match.

well that was an eventful 5 minutes of me not paying attention to my notifications...

Anyways thanks for making me another match.

@gearsecond659 said:

@darthjhawk Since most people take issue with my team, just DQ me and advance BS.

? RIP. At least we're doing the other CAV though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6e1b2130fed
deactivated-5b6e1b2130fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was quick

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well then, the best team in the tourney is already gone. Awesome.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdiddyman911: It was kinda broken through, I actually didn't know that Gear had picked Brainithor until I seen the picture here and realised that it was THAT character, at which point I'd remembered that he was OP and too much for this tourney.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darthjhawk  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman Fangirl vs Spiderman Villains

No Caption Provided

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By oceanmaster21
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By blackspidey2099

@oceanmaster21 said:

@darthjhawk: do we debate here

Oh nice, didn't see this till now. Do you want to go first or should I?

And yeah, we do debate here in this thread.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: you go first working crazy shifts, so plz go first if you don't mind

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By blackspidey2099

The Genius Menagerie: Doctor Octopus, Spider-Man, and Black Panther

No Caption Provided

Character Overviews:

Doctor Octopus

Bio:

Born to abusive parents in a lower-class household, Otto Octavius never had anything but his own determination and intelligence. However, he made best use of his gifts, graduating at the top of his class at MIT and earning a Ph.D in Nuclear Physics. This led to him earning a job at the US Atomic Research center, where he constructed his now-famous metallic arms to help manipulate radioactive substances from a safe distance. Then, disaster struck in the form of a workplace accident, bathing the brilliant mind in radiation and damaging his brain - with the side effect of giving him the ability to mentally control his mechanical arms. Rechristening himself Doctor Octopus, Octavius soon turned to the wrong side of the law in order to continue his scientific research, eventually being foiled by Spider-Man. A heated rivalry between the two soon grew, with Octavius growing even more fiercely competitive and envious once he realized his arch-enemy was blessed with not just superpowers, but also a mind equal to his own. But then he became the first person to defeat Spider-Man, killing him and taking his body and memories - the side effect being his newfound understanding of the responsibility he now had to uphold. Eventually, he realized that he would never measure up to Peter Parker in terms of intelligence or heroism, and returned the body back to Peter in an act of true selflessness. Doctor Octopus was dead.

Or... not? Due to some time traveling shenanigans, Otto Octavius had secretly made a back-up of his mind, which he was able to use to take over a cloned body with both his and Spider-Man's DNA. As a hybrid Spider-Clone and Otto Octavius, he now goes by the name Superior Octopus. His motives are as yet unknown, but one thing remains certain: Otto Octavius will always be on the forefront of scientific discovery, no matter what body he needs to use!

Powers/Abilities:

Spider-Man

Bio:

Doesn't everyone know who Spider-Man is? Well, I'll recap it anyway. Teenage science prodigy Peter Parker had been orphaned at a young age, leaving him to be raised by his Aunt May and Uncle Ben. Attending a science demonstration, he was bitten by a radioactive spider, granting him amazing powers. After using his engineering ingenuity to invent a chemical that behaved similarly to spider-silk, and an apparatus with which to use it, he decided to use his abilities in search of fame and fortune. However, disaster struck, and his uncle was killed by a criminal he had earlier ignored, thinking it beneath him to aid the police. Learning that with great power there must also come great responsibility, he then became the crime-fighting superhero called Spider-Man!

As Peter grew up, his responsibilities as Spider-Man often overshadowed his civilian life, leading him to waste away much of his talent. However, he struck a lucky break, impressing scientific genius Max Modell with his vast intellect and resourcefulness, leading him to a job at world-famous scientific research firm Horizon Labs. He soon lost this job as a battle with Doctor Octopus lead to Doc Ock possessing Spider-Man's body in a vain bid to become a superior hero, which resulted in most of his personal relationships being demolished by the arrogant personality of Ock. However, when Peter returned to his body, he was in command of a small start-up firm created by Ock. Soon, Peter's genius inventions turned the struggling start-up to a multibillion dollar firm which built all of SHIELD's tech and was a huge hit with consumers worldwide. Unfortunately, Peter was soon forced to sacrifice all his newfound power to stop HYDRA and Doctor Octopus from getting his technology. Despite the setback, Peter continues to fulfill his great responsibility, fighting for the weak and downtrodden everywhere!

Powers/Abilities:

Black Panther

Bio:

T'Challa, the Black Panther, was the son of T'Chaka, King of Wakanda. However, after T'Chaka was killed, T'Challa had to take over the mantle from his father, using the heart shaped herb to link him to Bast, the Panther God. The herb also enhanced him to become nearly superhuman. In his quest to protect Wakanda, he soon came into conflict with Western heroes such as the Avengers and Fantastic Four, before developing a friendly relationship with them, even building the Avengers' Quinjets. After his sister took over the kingdom of Wakanda, T'Challa went to commune with Bast who made him into her Black Panther and gave him the title of King of the Dead - giving Black Panther the knowledge of all Black Panthers before him - until his father's spirit disowned him for not being able to destroy an entire planet, even to protect Wakanda. Now, T'Challa has taken back leadership of Wakanda, but as a democratic leader rather than King. Despite having a new political role, the Black Panther remains committed to fighting for Wakanda's interests - as well as the betterment of the rest of the world!

Powers/Abilities:

Strategy:

Perks

• Basic knowledge lets me know who is on your team, plus gives me wiki level knowledge on them (though I don't really need it considering the experience my team has with yours).
  • The 1 hour prep lets my team members teleport from place to place for an hour, grabbing gear and whatever they need to use during their 24 hours of prep.
  • Giving Doc Ock Wolverine's healing factor lets him basically become unkillable.
  • Giving T'Challa flight helps us use ranged attacks more effectively and counter whoever on your team has flight.

Prep

• Peter grabs the cryo-pellets he invented from his lab at Horizon Labs. These can one-shot Hydro-Man on contact (Amazing Spider-Man #666). Since they were able to freeze and incapacitate Captain America (Amazing Spider-Man #683), they should be able to one-shot Sabertooth as well. During the day of prep he gets, he makes more.
  • Peter grabs his anti-metal spider-tracers (Amazing Spider-Man #651) and distributes them to everyone. These will melt right through your Ultron bots.
  • Peter grabs his lenses which can block out Mysterio's illusions (Amazing Spider-Man #683) and during the day of prep he creates copies for Doc Ock and T'Challa.
  • Peter grabs his mask filter (Civil War II: Amazing Spider-Man #2) to block out any gases Mysterio may use. During the day of prep, Peter creates copies for Doc Ock and T'Challa.
  • Peter grabs the sensors, spider-tracers, and Webware from his armor and during the day of prep creates copies for T'Challa and Ock to use and integrate into their own tech.
    • The sensors have too many feats to concisely summarize, but here are a few:
  • T'Challa grabs 2 more vibranium suits for Peter and Ock to use. This grants them all the powers I showed earlier, from energy absorption to cloaking.

Conclusion:

My team goes invisible and then stealthily stalks through the environment. The sensors they have will make it easy for them to find and tag your team (if you look at the sensor feats, they can pierce your invisibility perk and also can be used for targeted attacks which can beat teleporters). Then they can just freeze Hydroman with cryo-pellets, web up/freeze Sabertooth, and then one-shot Mysterio and the fodder. This will be extremely easy to do, since my team has counters for all your abilities and will also be completely undetectable for your team.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: I will have a post up in the morning good job so far though going to be interesting

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bjjjjj

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By blackspidey2099
oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Introductions:

Hydro Man

Morris was a member of the crewsman Buldog for the United States, During a battle with Namor, Spiderman accidently knocked Morris into the water where they were experimenting on thus turning him into Hydro Man one of Spiderman's underrated villain.

Saberooth:

Victor Creed is the feral mutant called Sabretooth. He was a member/subject of the Weapon X Project and is the arch-enemy of Wolverine as well as his brother. And Unlike his brother , Sabretooth embraces his animal instincts.

Mysterio:

Mysterio was a formidable foe to Spider-Man. So much so that his arts of illusion were carried on by others after the original Mysterio's death. But now has returned.

Perks:

• 15 Ulltron bots (1)
  • 2 senzu beans (1)
  • mind link (2)
  • invisibility (2)
  • flight (1)
  • nightcrawler teloportation (4)
  • 10 MCU Shield Agents (1)
  • 3 Xenomorph Drones (1)
  • 1 hour of prep (1)

Now you said you are bringing mask filter, lenses ect but you mentioned all in a day prep but if you look in our battle box darthjhawk made it says 1 hour of prep how is he going to do all that and bring all that in 1 hour.

1 hour of prep time.

Mysterio will bring his magnetic shoes. And don't forget his gas can destroy spiderman webbing.

No Caption Provided

his disableing gas

No Caption Provided

And his trank gun which takes spiderman powers.

No Caption Provided

Now peter might bring mask and lenses he only has 1 hour which is simply not enough time for him to make copies for his team Mates.

Conclusion:

your team is surrounded by 15 Ultron bots, 10 mcu shield agents, three Xenomorph Drones. Peter might bring equipment but not enough for his teammates not enough time for all that. Mysterio will cast illusions causing Back Panther& Doc Ock to become distracted making them easy targets for the droids, agents, Ultron bots While Hydro Man and Sabertooth cause all sorts of damage which I will go into later and show as the debate continues. Mysterio gases will also play big effect in this debate. And I haven't forgotten about spiderman and his tech- Saberooth will shut him down. I get to that to as the battle continues but right now it's back to you

@blackspidey2099

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By blackspidey2099

@oceanmaster21: Nice post. BTW I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but each team gets a day of prep as default, in addition to any of the perks you may choose. You can see that in the OP of this thread.

All teams start with an automatic 1 day of prep.

I'll call in @darthjhawk to confirm though. LMK if you want to edit your post to take that into account - if not, I can get a reply up today or tomorrow.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthjhawk: i only see 1hour posted. Is it one day or 1 hour

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 darthjhawk  Moderator
oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: i waiting to see darth response bc i was unware of the day prep thought it was just an hour

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oceanmaster21: Alright, so I'd assume you need to edit your post, since quite a few of your counters hinged on the aspect that I was limited to an hour of prep. LMK when you are done editing so I can make my next post.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: go ahead I can tell I going to get dominated in this lol I was unaware of the day of prep and I have nothing in prep to compete wit yours so go ahead. Let hell come throgh

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By blackspidey2099

Counters: The Superior Team

No Caption Provided

Now you said you are bringing mask filter, lenses ect but you mentioned all in a day prep but if you look in our battle box darthjhawk made it says 1 hour of prep how is he going to do all that and bring all that in 1 hour.

Well, as DJH mentioned above, we get a day of prep in addition to the hour.

Mysterio will bring his magnetic shoes.

Not sure how wall-crawling will help considering that we are in the middle of a crater....

And don't forget his gas can destroy spiderman webbing.

While it is true that Mysterio has a gas that could dissolve Peter's webbing back then, Peter has since changed his webbing formula.

Amazing Spider-Man #643
Amazing Spider-Man #643

So unless you can provide a more recent example of Mysterio dissolving Peter's webs, I'm afraid that won't work.

his disableing gas

This is countered by the gas masks I mentioned in my opener.

And his tranq gun which takes spiderman powers.

Unfortunately, this won't work either. Considering that my team is completely invisible, as well as remembering how quick they are, none of them would ever be tagged by these darts. There's also the fact that, as I mentioned in my opener, all three of my team members will be wearing Black Panther suits which T'Challa can retrieve from Wakanda. Considering how durable those vibranium suits are, the tranq darts will never pierce through.

Black Panther Vol. 6 #2
Black Panther Vol. 6 #2

Also, the Black Panther suits have chemical gates that would filter out the tranqs, as shown here:

Black Panther Vol. 3 #16
Black Panther Vol. 3 #16

your team is surrounded by 15 Ultron bots, 10 mcu shield agents, three Xenomorph Drones.

None of whom can see my team, and all of whom can be one-shotted from stealth by my team. The Ultron bots can be melted with anti-metal spider-tracers.

Mysterio will cast illusions causing Back Panther& Doc Ock to become distracted making them easy targets for the droids, agents, Ultron bots

These illusions will be blocked by the sensors Peter will give them.

While Hydro Man and Sabertooth cause all sorts of damage which I will go into later and show as the debate continues.

They will both be one-shot incapacitated via cryo-pellets and webs respectively before anyone even knows my team is there.

Mysterio gases will also play big effect in this debate.

No they won't, since they will be blocked by Peter's gas filters and T'Challa's chemical gates.

And I haven't forgotten about spiderman and his tech- Saberooth will shut him down. I get to that to as the battle continues

I hope you've got something good up your sleeve since I can't imagine Creed being able to do anything about Spidey one-shot web incapacitating him while stealthed up so Sabertooth can't even see him.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstrom: just to see whether he saw that I posted since I saw him online a couple minutes ago but he didn't acknowledge my post.