Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1 darthjhawk  Moderator

TheRedViper:

@the_red_viper:

No Caption Provided

Characters:

1. Eragon Shadeslayer: OP magic restricted (no death-words, no empathy, no "Name of All Names").
  2. MCU Black Panther.
  3. Post-Crisis/New 52/Rebirth Green Arrow.

Perks:

TBD

No Caption Provided

BlackSpidey2099:

@blackspidey2099

No Caption Provided

Characters:

• Spider-Man
  • Doctor Octopus
  • Black Panther

Perks:

• Single Perk Negator
  • Basic Knowledge (5)
  • 1 Hour Prep Anywhere (5)
  • Wolverine Healing Factor - Doc Ock (4)
  • Flight - T’Challa (1)

The Rules & Regulations:

• All teams start with an automatic 1 day of prep.
  • Prep can not surpass high street/low-mid level
  • Summons are limited to 10 and cannot be stronger than Damian Wayne
  • Clones are limited to 5
  • Marvel is 616 unless otherwise stated.
  • DC is Post-Crisis/Post-Flashpoint/Rebirth unless otherwise stated
  • Wildstorm/Vertigo characters have access to DC feats
  • Victory by death, knockout, or incapacitation
  • BFR only works for 5 mins at at time, cannot be spammed, and does not count as a win
  • Characters all start with Standard Gear/Equipment/Loadout
  • No direct time manipulation on opponents
  • No luck manipulation
  • No reality manipulation or warping
  • No speed steal
  • No soul manipulation
  • Manga/Anime/Manwha characters are composite manga & anime.
  • Television, Movie, & Game characters have access to tie-in feats

The Scenario:

Black Canary, and Mary Jane Watson have both been infected with viral strain of Titan Formula which if left unchecked will kill both within 1 week's time. Both Oliver Queen and Peter Parker, racing to find a solution, learn of a cure, single vial that will save the women they love. Unfortunately the cure lies within the heart of Arkham City littered with criminals and riff raff. Peter and Oliver recruit their teams for one final mission...

Objectives/stipulations:

• Get the cure and leave the city first. Or defeat the other team first.
  • Prove your team has the teamwork, tactics, and power to make it through Arkham City
  • Despite the story, morals remain on unless affected by a perk

The Battlefield: Arkham City

No Caption Provided

Cure is in the top floor of Wayne Tower. Both teams enter from opposite equal sides of the city. TRV from the left/east, BS2099 from the right/west

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darthjhawk  Moderator

@the_red_viper@blackspidey2099Alright guys The final is up. Hopefully you're still interested! A couple things:

• TRV: you have the chance to reshuffle your perks again
  • BS: you have your single perk negator still. Both keep that in mind.
  • If you all want, I have a little surprise wrench to throw at you both that would come after openers, but only if you both want to deal with it.
Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By blackspidey2099

@darthjhawk: Awesome scenario LOL. I'm down for that surprise wrench after openers if TRV is okay with it. Quick question: do we start off knowing where the cure is or do we need to look for it?

@the_red_viper Do you want to reshuffle your perks before I choose which to negate? Also, do you mind going first, or should I?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Alright, thanks. Also, what were your perks again? So I can choose which one to negate.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: Alright, thanks. Also, what were your perks again? So I can choose which one to negate.

Charming little fella aren't ya?

Let's see.. I have:

• 1 hour prep anywhere (5)
  • Wolverine healing for Eragon (4)
  • Full knowledge (8)
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

Why, thank you!

Also, I'm negating your healing factor perk. No more infinite vitality for Eragon. :P

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper:

Why, thank you!

Also, I'm negating your healing factor perk. No more infinite vitality for Eragon. :P

Lol, you were watching my last rounds closely I see... oh well.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Well, I voted in your match... So yeah, I did know your strategy.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_red_viper  Moderator

@blackspidey2099: Frankly, I do think I can make do without that perk, given that I have the Eldunarya.

Anyway, I'll drop my opener tonight hopefully, or perhaps tomorrow.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_red_viper  Moderator

Again, hope you don't mind if I copy much of my opener from the previous round. The character intros and the main points of my prep haven't changed. Though I did change a tiny bit here and there to better fit your team and the current setting so please do read it even though you've read it in my last 2 matches.

First of all, setting the mood...

Loading Video...

Now, let's start with introducing my team.

Black Panther:

No Caption Provided

I'll be using T'challa's MCU version. I assume you know him well enough.

Powers, skills and gear:

• Black Panther has enhanced strength, stamina and speed thanks to the mystic effects of consuming the elusive Heart-Shaped Herb.
  • Black Panther is a master of martial arts and melee fighting.
  • Black Panther has an invulnerable Vibranium suit that absorbs kinetic energy (which can be unleashed at will).
  • Black Panther's suit is fashioned with Vibranium claws that can get through pretty much anything.

Green Arrow:

No Caption Provided

I assume you know him as well. This time it's the good ol' comics version I'm using here, not the live-action version.

Powers, skills and gear:

• Green Arrow is a master archer, duh. Pinpoint accuracy, insane quickdraw, can shoot multiple arrows at once, etc.
  • Oliver is an expert hand-to-hand and swordfighter.
  • He is a master of stealth.
  • Oliver has peak human physicals (strength, speed, stamina, endurance etc).
  • Green Arrow carries a huge array of trick arrows, ranging from explosives to sonics to fire extinguishers and everything in between, seriously the dude carries tons of stuff.
  • He has a lot of other misc equipment, including but not limited to bulletproof suit, smoke bombs, flechettes and more.

Eragon Shadeslayer:

No Caption Provided

I know that you know the guy, but I'll go off the assumption that at least some of the readers won't, so I'll keep posting the explanations and walls of text explaining all his abilities in detail.

Eragon is the main protagonist of "The Inheritance Cycle", a series of 4 novels ("Eragon", "Eldest", "Brisingr" and "Inheritance", in this order) by author Christopher Paolini. Eragon is a Dragon Rider (don't worry, he doesn't have his dragon here). As such, he is very powerful and he is easily my most important fighter here - for more reasons than one. He's kinda tricky to understand if you haven't read the books but I'll try to explain him as best as I can in the debate. Since he's a book character, my posts will be a bit lengthy and will have quite a bit of text, so I apologize in advance lol. This opener especially will be quite a long read because I have to introduce Eragon's powers to you which are pretty complex to understand.

Powers, skills and gear:

• Eragon has superhuman physical stats. In terms of speed, he fights with speeds faster than the eye can see and has arrow-timing reaction feats. His strength is superhuman to the point he can kill normal humans with a single punch, ragdoll people across rooms, punch through steel armor, and more.
  • Eragon is a master swordfighter.
  • Eragon is a very, and I mean very powerful and versatile magic user. His magic can border on reality warping if it isn't restricted (which it is here). Some of the things he can do here after the restrictions include but aren't limited to elemental manipulation, energy manipulation, telekinesis, healing, warding and much more.
  • Eragon is a powerful telepath.
  • Eragon has a magical sword as well as generic medieval armor and shield. In addition, he has an magical, indestructible bow, and a supply of enchanted arrows that almost never miss their target.
  • He should have had Wolverine's healing factor as well but you negated that perk. Bah, I say.

Since few people on Comic Vine know Eragon or the Inheritance Cycle as a whole, here's something that can help any potential voter to understand my posts better. Whenever you encounter a name that you don't recognize in my posts, you can check back here.

These are all names of characters that I will mention throughout my posts, and since you haven't read the Inheritance Cycle, reading my posts without knowing the characters could be a tad confusing. So here you go:

• Alagaesia: The land in which the story takes place.
  • Saphira: Eragon's dragon.
  • Arya: An elven princess, Eragon's friend and companion (and love interest).
  • Islanzadi: Queen of the elves, Arya's mother.
  • Galbatorix: The evil tyrant king of Alagaesia, he is responsible for the downfall of the Dragon Riders.
  • Shruikan: Galbatorix's dragon.
  • The Varden: The rebellion movement that fights against Galbatorix and his regime.
  • Nasuada: Leader of the Varden.
  • Murtagh: Eragon's former friend and companion, who became a dragon rider who serves Galbatorix.
  • Thorn: Murtagh's dragon.
  • Brom: Eragon's first mentor, and later to be revealed - his father.
  • Oromis: An elven Dragon Rider that lives in secrecy in the capital city of the elven kingdom - Ellesmera. He was Eragon's mentor when Eragon arrived in Ellesmera.
  • Glaedr: Oromis's dragon.
  • Roran: Eragon's cousin. A very skilled warrior and natural-born leader, He is a normal human and has no magical abilities.
  • Angela: A mysterious herbalist. She is a companion of Eragon. Angela is a very powerful mage, and very little of her true nature is known.
  • Solembum: A were-cat. Angela's close companion.
  • Blodhgarm: A powerful elven spellcaster and warrior. He is the head of a company of 12 elves that served as bodyguards to Eragon and Saphira.
  • Vanir: An elf who lives in Ellesmera, Eragon's sparring partner.
  • Ra'zac: Foul and evil creatures, think Nazgul but with beaks. Very dangerous, and deadly fighters.
  • Lethrblaka: The Razac's mounts. Leathery dragon-like creatures. Think Fell Beasts but uglier.
  • Durza: A powerful Shade. A Shade is a sorcerer possessed by evil spirits, which make him evil but also extremely powerful. He was slain by Eragon, who is the 3rd person to ever slay a Shade and live to tell the tale.
  • Orik: A dwarf, member of the royal dwarf family. Eragon's friend and foster-brother.
  • Brisingr: The name of Eragon's sword. It is also the name for "fire" in the Ancient Language (as well as the name of the 3rd book in "The Inheritance Cycle").

I might use more names, but these are probably the most important ones. If I use a name that isn't on the list feel free to ask and I'll give you an explanation of who or what it is.

The prep:

First of all, my team has 1 hour of prep anywhere they choose.

They will start in Wakanda - Black Panther's home. More precisely, in Shuri's lab. There, T'challa will help supply Eragon and Green Arrow with the best gear Wakanda has to offer:

• Green Arrow will get the Golden Jaguar suit (the one Killmonger used in the movie. It is identical to Tchalla's suit, except for the color scheme as you may recall), as well as "Sneakers" (the sound-absorbing foot armor thingy). In addition, he will get a Vibranium sword and a bunch of Vibranium arrows, as well as some back-up weapons - basically everything he can carry without impeding his mobility.
  • Eragon will get T'challa's old suit (the one he used in "Civil War"), and Vibranium shield, as well as a Vibranium sword to use in addition to Brisingr (his magic sword), which will be good as a back-up weapon.
  • The team will also grab the Kimoyo beads - the small devices that let Shuri remote-control any vehicle from her lab, and other misc things that can come in handy - basically everything they can carry.
  • @darthjhawk eh I've got nothing to lose by asking... can my team bring a Wakandan jet? I can rid it of guns and such, I only want it for transportation.

In addition, Green Arrow will fetch some powerful trick arrows that he doesn't necessarily use as standard gear. He will also upgrade Eragon's arrows into trick arrows. Eragon's bow and arrows are enchanted in a way that makes missing almost impossible:

Islanzadi extended a hand and one of the elf lords handed her a shallow, unadorned wooden box. "Oromis had his gifts for you, and I have mine. Let them remind you of your time spent with us under the dusky pines." She opened the box, revealing a long, dark bow with reflexed limbs and curled tips nestled on a bed of velvet. Silver fittings chased with dogwood leaves decorated the ears and grip of the bow. Beside it lay a quiver of new arrows fletched with white swan feathers. "Now that you share our strength, it seems only proper that you should have one of our bows. I sang it myself from a yew tree. The string will never break. And so long as you use these arrows, you will be hard-pressed to miss your target, even if the wind should gust during your shot."

Eldest

That way, the enchanted arrows become enchanted trick-arrows, and Eragon becomes that much more dangerous. The question of what kind of trick arrows those would be is totally dependent on my team's knowledge of your team. Eragon can fire an arrow every 2 seconds, by the way:

Again and again, he fired at the target, his speed increasing with his confidence until he loosed thirty arrows in a minute.

Eldest

Now, another important thing that my team will do in the prep time is warding. Eragon will cast protective spells over his teammates (he has wards on him all the time by default). Now, the thing about wards is that they will keep off any and all damage as long as Eragon has the power to sustain them. Allow me to explain.

The most important thing to explain first and foremost, is how magic works in "The Inheritance Cycle" universe. It can be a bit complex to understand for those who are not familiar with the saga, so I will try my best to explain.

Most magic is used by speaking the Ancient Language. It is a language that is used to describe the true names, or true nature, of anything. Speaking a word or a phrase in the Ancient Language would result in a certain effect (given that the user has magical abilities of course). For example, "Brisingr" is the word for "fire" in the Ancient Language. Speaking it would grant the user control over fire, the ability to summon fire, etc. It's pretty much like a Green Lantern ring - you are only limited by your imagination when using this magic.

Magic drains the user's vitality. The more powerful or complicated the spell is, the more energy it takes to use. A spell too powerful could result in the user's death. However, this is hardly a concern for Eragon, as I will later explain in detail.

Here is the explanation that Brom (Eragon's mentor and father, also a past Dragon Rider) gave Eragon on how magic works:

"This magic----for it is magic----has rules like the rest of the world. If you break the rules, the penalty is death, without exception. Your deeds are limited by your strength, the words you know, and your imagination."

[...]

"Brisingr is from an ancient language that all living tings used to speak. However, it was forgotten over time and went unspoken for eons in Alagaesia, until the elves brought it back over the sea. They taught it to the other races, who used it for making and doing powerful things. The language has a name for everything, if you can find it."

"But what does that have to do with magic?" interrupted Eragon.

"Everything! It is the basis for all power. The language describes the true nature of things, not the superficial aspects that everyone sees. For example, fire is called brisingr. Not only is that a name for fire, it is thename for fire. If you are strong enough, you can use brisingr to direct fire to do whatever you will. And that is what happened today."

Eragon thought about it for a moment. "Why was the fire blue? How come it did exactly what I wanted, if all I said was fire?"

"The color varies from person to person. It depends on who says the word. As to why the fire did what you wanted, that's a matter of practice. Most beginners have to spell out exactly what they want to happen. As they gain more experience, it isn't as necessary. A true master could just say water and create something totally unrelated, like a gemstone. You wouldn't be able to understand how he had done it, but the master would have seen the connection between water and the gem and would have used that as the focal point for his power. The practice is more of an art than anything else."

[...]

Brom took a deep breath and said, "To work with magic, you must have a certain innate power, which is very rare among people nowadays. You also have to be able to summon this power at will. Once it is called upon, you have to use it or let it fade away. Understood? Now, if you wish to employ this power, you must utter the word or phrase of the ancient language that describes your intent."

Eragon

With magic, Eragon can do pretty much anything. He is only limited by his imagination, his vitality, and his knowledge of the Ancient Language (which he can speak fluently). Wards, specifically, draw on Eragon's strength whenever they deflect damage. He's no stranger to placing them on others:

Almost immediately he felt his wards drawing upon his strength as they deflected attacks from Arya, Orik, Nasuada, and Saphira.

Eldest

The wards will continue to block attacks, no matter how powerful, as long as Eragon has the energy/strength/vitality to spare:

"Wards," said Oromis, "rely upon the strength of your body. If that strength is exceeded, you die. No matter how many wards you have, you will only be able to block attacks so long as your body can sustain the output of energy."

Eldest

Now, Eragon's energy/strength/vitality, is pretty massive. At its core, it's thanks to his overall increased physicals. In addition, Eragon carries a big bunch of Eldunarya. "Eldunarya" is the plural form of "Eldunari". An Eldunari is a dragon's "heart of hearts". A dragon can disgorge its Eldunari whenever he wishes, and when the dragon dies - his consciousness, and all his power - live on inside the Eldunari. An Eldunari looks pretty much like a big gemstone, and its size and color, as well as the power it holds, depend on the dragon to which it belongs. The older the dragon gets, the larger and more powerful it grows.

Unlike with most creatures, he said, a dragon's consciousness does not reside solely within our skulls. There is in our chests a hard, gemlike object, similar in composition to our scales, called the Eldunari, which means "the heart of hearts." When a dragon hatches, their Eldunari is clear and lusterless. Usually it remains so all through a dragon's life and dissolves along with the dragon's corpse when they die. However, if we wish, we can transfer our consciousness into the Eldunari. Then it will acquire the same color as our scales and begin to glow like a coal. If a dragon has done this, the Eldunari will outlast the decay of their flesh, and a dragon's essence may live on indefinitely. Also, a dragon can disgorge their Eldunari while they are still alive. By this means, a dragon's body and a dragon's consciousness can exist separately and yet still be linked, which can be most useful in certain circumstances. But to do this exposes us to great danger, for whosoever holds our Eldunari holds our very soul in their hands. With it, they could force us to do their bidding, no matter how vile.

[...]

Anyone who holds one of our hearts, said Glaedr, may communicate with the dragon from which it came without regard for distance. The whole of Alagaesia might separate a Rider and dragon, and yet if the Rider had with him his dragon's Eldunari, they could share thoughts as easily as you and Saphira do now.

Brisingr

Now, Eragon has in his possession 132 Eldunarya. The first one he has with him is Glaedr's. Glaedr was an elder dragon, immensely large and powerful (around three times as big as Eragon's dragon Saphira, and she herself is the size of a house).

I have decided, said Glaedr, to give you my heart of hearts, Saphira Brightsclaes, Eragon Shadeslayer.

Saphira's astonishment was no less than Eragon's. Together, they stared at the majestic gold dragon who towered high above them. Saphira said, Master, you honor us beyond words, but . . . are you sure that you wish to entrust your heart to us?

I am sure, said Glaedr, and lowered his massive head until it was only slightly above Eragon. For many reasons, I am sure. If you hold my heart, you shall be able to communicate with Oromis and me----no matter how far apart we may be----and I shall be able to aid you with my strength whenever you are in difficulty. And if Oromis and I should fall in battle, our knowledge and experience, and also my strength, shall still be at your disposal. Long have I pondered this choice, and I am confident it is the right one.

[...]

Then Glaedr drew back his head. The muscles of his abdomen rippled and clenched several times, and his throat began to convulse, as if something were stuck in it. Widening his stance, the gold dragon extended his neck straight out in front of him, every cord and sinew of his body standing in high relief underneath the armor of his sparkling scales. Glaedr's throat continued to flex and relax with increasing speed until at last he lowered his head so that it was level with Eragon and opened his jaws, hot, pungent air pouring from his massive maw. Eragon squinted and tried not to gag. As he gazed into the depths of Glaedr's mouth, Eragon saw the dragon's throat contract one last time, and then a hint of gold light appeared between the folds of dripping, blood-red tissue. A second later, a round object about a foot in diameter slid down Glaedr's crimson tongue and out of his mouth so fast, Eragon nearly missed catching it.

As his hands closed around the slippery, saliva-covered Eldunari, Eragon gasped and staggered backward, for he suddenly felt Glaedr's every thought and emotion, and all of the sensations of his body. The amount of information was overwhelming, as was the closeness of their contact. Eragon had expected as much, but it still shocked him to realize he was holding Glaedr's entire being between his hands.

[...]

The Eldunari itself was like a giant jewel. Its surface was warm and covered with hundreds of sharp facets, which varied somewhat in size and sometimes projected at odd, slanting angles. The center of the Eldunari glowed with a dull radiance, similar to that of a shattered lantern, and the diffuse light throbbed with a slow, steady beat. Upon first inspection, the light appeared uniform, but the longer Eragon gazed at it, the more details he saw within it: small eddies and currents that coiled and twisted in seemingly random directions, darker motes that barely moved at all, and flurries of bright flashes no larger than the head of a pin that would flare for a moment, then fade back into the underlying field of light. It was alive.

Brisingr

Glaedr's Eldunari was in Eragon's possession for quite a while before the other 131. Eragon, Saphira and Glaedr met the rest in the Vault of Souls:

Satisfaction came from Umaroth, and he replied, Now that you have found us, our days of hiding are over; we would go with you to Uru'baen and fight alongside you to kill Galbatorix. The time has come for us to leave our den and once and for all confront that traitorous eggbreaker. Without us, he would be able to pry open your minds as easily as did we, for he has many Eldunari at his command.

I cannot carry all of you, said Saphira.

You shall not have to, said Umaroth. Five of us will stay to watch over the eggs, along with Cuaroc. In the event we should fail to defeat Galbatorix, they will tamper no more with the skeins of energy, but will content themselves with waiting until it is again safe for dragons to venture forth in Alagaesia. But you need not worry; we shall not be a burden to you, for we will provide the strength to move our weight.

"How many of you are there?" asked Eragon, gazing around the room.

One hundred and thirty-six.

Inheritance

No I didn't fail math lol. 5 of the 136 Eldunarya remained in the Vault, Eragon took the other 131 with him.

Eragon carries them all in some sort of inter-dimensional rift, that floats over and behind him at all times. That way, he doesn't have to physically carry the Eldunarya, but he can still communicate with them and draw upon their strength whenever he wants:

At last Umaroth said, This is a lesson for another time. You know what the spell is supposed to do, if not how. That will have to suffice. Take from us the strength needed and cast it, and then let us be off.

Nervous, Eragon fixed the words of the spell in his mind to avoid making mistakes, and then he began to speak. As he uttered the lines, he drew upon the reserves of the Eldunari, and his skin tingled as an enormous rush of energy poured through him, like a river of water both hot and cold.

The air around the uneven pile of Eldunari rippled and shimmered; then the pile seemed to fold in on itself and it winked out of sight. A gust of wind tousled Eragon's hair, and a soft, dull thud echoed throughout the chamber.

Astonished, Eragon watched as Saphira pushed her head forward and swung it through the spot where the Eldunari had just been. They had disappeared, completely and utterly, as if they had never existed, and yet he and she could still feel the dragons' minds close at hand.

Once you leave the vault, said Umaroth, the entrance to this pocket of space will remain at a fixed distance above and behind you at all times, save when you are in a confined area or when a person's body should happen to pass through that space. The entrance is no longer than a pinprick, but it is more deadly than any sword; it would cut right through your flesh were you to touch it.

Inheritance

To give you an idea of the power that the Eldunarya possess, Glaedr's Eldunari alone was assumed to be able to magically shift a huge pile of debris which is something that even Eragon, Spahira, and 12 elves together could barely do:

Eragon tried to guess the weight of a block in the pile of rubble; it must have been many hundreds of pounds. If he, Saphira, and the elves all worked together, he was sure that they could shift the stones with magic, but the effort would leave them weak and vulnerable. Moreover, it would take an impractically long time. For a moment, Eragon thought of Glaedr-the golden dragon was more than strong enough to lift the whole pile at once-but haste was of the essence, and Glaedr's Eldunari would take too long to retrieve.

Inheritance

Another notable Eldunari in Eragon's possession, is that of Umaroth. Umaroth's Rider was Vrael, and together they were the leaders of the sacred order of the Dragon Riders. His mind alone is described as feeling like a host of many different minds, and is unlike Eragon has ever encountered before:

Even as Eragon was wondering whether they were supposed to fight the creature, he felt a strange, vast mind touch his. The consciousness was unlike any he had encountered before, and it seemed to contain a host of shouting voices, a great, disjointed chorus that reminded him of the wind inside a storm.

Before he could react, the mind stabbed through his defenses and seized control of his thoughts. For all the time he had spent practicing with Glaedr, Arya, and Saphira, he could not stop the attack; he could not even slow it. He might as well have tried to hold back the tide with his bare hands.

Inheritance

It is later revealed that Umaroth's mind captured not only Eragon's mind, but also Saphira's and Glaedr's:

How? he thought. Who? To capture both of them at once, and Glaedr as well, he assumed, was something he did nor believe even Glabatorix was capable of.

Inheritance

Other than that there are, as I said, 130 others. Half of them are younger and less powerful than Umaroth and probably Glaedr (although powerful in their own right), while the other half is older and more powerful. Umaroth is around the average of them all, as explained here:

I provide a bridge between the groups, a point of common understanding that otherwise would be lacking. Those who are older are wise and powerful indeed, but their minds wander down strange paths, and it is often hard to convince them to concentrate upon anything outside of their dreams. Those who are younger are more unfortunate: they parted from their bodies before they should have; thus their minds remain limited by the size of their Eldunari, which can never grow or expand once it leave the flesh.

Inheritance

All in all Eragon's Eldunarya are an immense source of power. He draws upon their strength when he uses magic, and this is why I said that his vitality is not much of a concern for him, and he can cast immensely powerful spells without having to worry too much. Here's the most powerful attack that Eragon's wards protected him from in the books:

Eragon had no time for words. Again drawing upon the Eldunari, he cast a spell to drag himself, Saphira, Arya, Elva, Thorn, and Murtagh, and the two children on the dias over to the block of stone where Nasuada was chained. And he also cast a spell to stop or deflect whatever might harm them.

They were only halfway to the block when Galbatorix vanished in a flash of light brighter than the sun. Then all went black and silent as Eragon's protective spell took effect.

Inheritance

Now, please take note that Eragon protected not only himself here: he also protected 6 other people (Arya, Elva, Murtagh, Nasuada and the 2 children) and 2 dragons (Saphira and Thorn) from that blast. Since the dragons are huge, I'd say that the amount of force the wards took when defending them was equal to the amount of fprce they would have taken if Eragon would have cast them over many other people. Here's an idea of how big Saphira and Thorn are:

No Caption Provided

Yes, that's fan art, but Paolini (the author) confirmed it to be an accurate one. Saphira is the blue dragon, Thorn is the red one, and that tiny speck between them is a human. That's how big these two are.

Here's a description of the effect of that blast:

The ground rumbled and shook; then the front of the citadel exploded outward in a wall of white and yellow flame so bright, Roran saw the bones within the archer's neck and head, his flesh like a red gooseberry held before a candle.

[...]

The walls of the room were cracked, and the pillars, carvings, and lanterns had been pulverized. At the back of the chamber lay Shruikan's corpse, much of the flesh stripped from his soot-blackened bones. At the front, the explosion had shattered the stone walls, as well as the walls beyond for hundreds of feet, exposing a veritable warren of tunnels and rooms. The beautiful golden doors that had guarded the entrance to the chamber had been blown off their hinges, and Eragon thought he glimpsed daylight at the far end of the quarter-mile-long hallway that led to the outside.

[...]

Piles of broken stone covered the floor along much of the hallway, which slowed the dragons. To either side, Eragon could see into the rubble-filled rooms and tunnels that the explosion had torn open. Within them, tables, chairs, and other pieces of furniture burned. The limbs of the dead and dying stuck out at odd angles from beneath the tumbled stones, occasionally a grimy face or the back of a head.

[...]

As they emerged from the citadel, the air cleared and Eragon was able to see the destruction that the blast had wreaked on Uru'baen. It had ripped off the slate roofs of many nearby buildings and set fire to the beams underneath. Scores of fires dotted the rest of the city.

Inheritance

As you can see, the effect of the blast is described from the points of view of both Eragon (who was inside the citadel) and Roran (who was outside, but far enough to not get harmed by the explosion). Its radius was more than a quarter mile long, it took apart the citadel in which it went off and made the roofs of nearby buildings fly off and the buildings themselves catch fire. THAT'S how powerful it was. So, even though I don't have the healing factor that makes my team totally invulnerable anymore, I believe that the wards can still take enough damage to keep my team safe here.

Now, the wards work as auto-shields. They stop any attack dead in the air before it can touch Eragon (or whoever is being protected by them):

The ceramic balls and the liquid fire caused terrific damage when they landed. One ball exploded against the ground not ten yards from Saphira. As Eragon ducked behind his shield, a jagged fragment spun toward his head, only to be stopped dead in the air by one of his wards.

Eldest

Another extremely important thing that is going to happen in my prep is Eragon scrying your team. Scrying allows Eragon to watch people and things from afar:

You can only observe people, places, and things that you've already seen. If you were to scry the Ra'zac, you'd see them all right, but not their surroundings. There are other problems as well. Let's say that you wanted to view a page in a book, one that you'd already seen. You could only see the page if the book were open to it. If the book were closed when you tried this, the page would appear completely black."

[...]

Eragon thought for a moment. "But how is it done" Do you conjure up the image in thin air?"

"Not usually," said Brom, shaking his white head. "That takes more energy than projecting it onto a reflective surface like a pool of water or a mirror."

Eragon

Now, before you say that Eragon can't do it because he's never seen anyone on your team, that's really irrelevant thanks to my full knowledge perk.

As an example of how scrying works, here Eragon uses it to watch Brom and Saphira:

He breathed deeply and closed his eyes. In his mind he formed a picture of Saphira, making it as lifelike as possible. It was more demanding than he expected. Then he said, "Draumr kopa!" and gazed at the water.

Its surface became completely flat, frozen by an invisible force. The reflections disappeared and the water became clear. On it shimmered an image of Saphira. Her surroundings were pure white, but Eragon could see that she was flying. Brom sat on her back, beard streaming, sword on his knees.

Eragon

Here he uses it to watch Arya - after only seeing her in her dream, without ever meeting her personally:

It was too tempting an idea to pass by. He knelt by the water once again. What shall I look for? He considered a few things, but discarded them all when he remembered his dream about the woman in the cell.

After fixing the scene in his mind, he spoke the words and watched the water intently. He waited, but nothing happened. Disappointed, he was about to release the magic when inky blackness swirled across the water, covering the surface. The image of a lone candle flickered in the darkness, brightening to illuminate a stone cell. The woman from his dream was curled up on a cot in one corner.

Eragon

During the prep time, Eragon will use his scrying ability to spy on your team and know exactly what they do in their prep time. That, along with my full knowledge perk, completely negates any element of surprise that you might have had. Plus, do note that since Eragon has seen the battlefield (the 24 hours of prep take place on the battlefield, after all), he will not only scry your team - but also their surroundings during prep. That will give him a better picture of everything they might be up to.

Next, my team will place the Kimoyo beads on the various vehicles found on the battlefield, preferably armored police trucks and the like. That way, they can be controlled from afar. Shuri controls them back in Wakanda, like she did to this car here (scene took place in South Korea to give you a scale of the distance):

Loading Video...

No one of my team is actually driving the vehicles. That way I get a great diversion while putting no one of my team at risk.

One thing before last that my team does in the prep time is turning invisible. Eragon turns himself, Black Panther and Green Arrow invisible with a spell:

As the soldier approached his location, spurs clinking, Eragon began to whisper a complex spell in the ancient language. The words poured off his tongue in an unbroken stream, until, to his alarm, he mispronounced a particularly difficult cluster of vowels and had to start the incantation anew.

The soldier took another step toward him.

And another.

Just as the soldier paused in front of him, Eragon completed the spell and felt his strength ebb as the magic took effect. He was an instant too late, however, to completely escape detection, for the soldier exclaimed, "Aha!" and brushed aside the branches, exposing Eragon.

Eragon did not move.

The soldier peered directly at him and frowned.

"What the . . . ," he muttered. He jabbed his spear into the thicket, missing Eragon's face by less than an inch. Eragon dug his nails into his palms as a tremor racked his clenched muscles. "Ah, blast it," said the soldier, and released the branches, which sprang back to their original positions, hiding Eragon once more.

"What was it?" called another of the men.

"Nothing," said the soldier, returning to his companions. He removed his helmet and wiped his brow. "My eyes are playing tricks on me."

Brisingr

Combined with the "Sneakers" that they both wear, which muffle their footsteps completely, T'challa and Ollie are now the perfect stealth fighters. This is how the sneakers work in case you don't recall:

Loading Video...

And the very last thing that happens in the prep time is Eragon establishing a telepathic link among my team so they can communicate all throughout the fight.

The Plan:

So, the goal here is to either beat your team, or just get the medicine first and then get away with it.

Avoiding the criminals and all that is not really a problem since my team is invisible and sound-absorbent, and they don't need to talk thanks to their telepathic link.

Now, if @darthjhawk lets me get a plane from Wakanda, I can just use it to fly up to the Wayne Tower, grab the medicine and make a run for it before your team is even halfway to the medicine.

Now, assuming I can't have the jet (which I probably won't), rest easy - my team is far from helpless.

Option #1: Get the cure and get the hell out:

This option involves getting the cure without fighting your team. My team is perfectly capable of doing that thanks to their invisibility and sound-absorption. They're the perfect stealth fighters now, and getting to their destination without anyone knowing about it is perfectly within their capabilities.

My team can advance very quickly across the streets, using Ollie's grappling arrows:

1. Ollie uses a grappling arrow to take himself and a few civilians up a high wall.
  2. Ollie uses a zipline arrow to move quickly across buildings.

Eragon will assist here. He can uses spells to launch himself and others in the air with the speed of an arrow:

Eragon took a half step forward, as if to stop her, then cursed and growled, "Audr!"

The spell launched him into the sky, like an arrow from a bow. He reached out to Glaedr, and the old dragon fed him energy to sustain his ascension.

Inheritance

"Audr" means "Up" in the Ancient Language, in case you were wondering.

In addition, my team can fetch jetpacks or other such devices from Wakanda. I don't recall any such appearing in the movies, true, but with all the crazy tech they have there, it makes sense that they would have jetpacks or something similar. Even if not, c'mon... I'm sure it'll be pretty vanilla for Shuri to make a jetpack, and pretty quickly at that.

With the combination of jetpacks, Oliver's arrows and Eragon's magic, my team can reach the cure pretty damn fast, grab it and ride away into the sunset. The question is, how do we keep your team from getting there first?

Well, that will mostly depend on what Eragon sees in his scrying. He will know what your team is up to and then my team will be able to counter it in order to delay your team. But regardless of what your team does, there are several things that my team can do.

First, the city is filled with criminals and crooks. While I doubt they'll actually be a threat to your team, they'll certainly be a nuisance, and will be able to somewhat delay them and buy my team some time. Eragon can mind-control them and have them attack your team:

Extending himself, he found the mind of a soldier who tended one of the catapults. Though he was sure the soldier was defended by some magician, Eragon was able to gain dominance over him and direct his actions from afar. He guided the man up to the weapon, which was being loaded, then had him use his sword to hack at the skein of twisted rope that powered the machine. The rope was too thick to sever before the soldier was dragged away by his comrades, but the damage was already done. With a mighty crack, the partially wound skein broke, sending the arm of the catapult flying backward and injuring several men. His lips curled in a grim smile, Eragon proceeded to the next catapult and, in short order, disabled the remainder of the engines.

Eldest

I do assume you'll use cloaking tech and all that, but that doesn't matter since Eragon can locate your team with his mind:

Although Eragon did not study his surroundings in any great detail visually, he kept track of the minds of every living creature he was able to sense within a radius of several hundred feet, even down to the smallest spider crouched behind its web in the corner of a room, for Eragon had no desire to be surprised by anyone who might have cause to seek him out.

Brisingr

With the help of the Eldunarya, he can stretch his consciousness and sense minds up to a league away (a league is more than 5.5 kilometers):

When he and Saphira were a league or so from the tents, the Eldunari helped Eragon extend the range of his thoughts until he was able to feel the minds of the men, dwarves, elves, and Urgals gathered within the camp.

Inheritance

Another thing is that Eragon can use this to send an army of crooks to flood the Wayne Tower, and protect the cure for my team. Heck, he can even have one of these people who is already near the tower go up and get the cure before either team even gets there. Or even better, if there's someone in the tower already.

Second, my team will use the vehicles rigged with the Kimoyo beads and have them pursue your team, distracting them and possibly attacking them.

Other than that, it depends mostly on your own prep and plans as I explained. Scrying makes it so my team will be able to prep against your plans, but in order to comment on that I'd have to read your post first.

Option #2: Fight and beat your team:

That, again, will mostly depend on what my team learns during the scrying. But one way or the other, my team's wards make them durable as heck and probably too much for what your team can dish out. Eragon's telepathy is something that can tip the scales in my team's favor quite considerably as nobody on your team, at least as far as I know, can contend with him on that front.

Eragon's telepathic abilities are vast and powerful. In the Inheritance Cycle universe, telepathy is different from that in most other verses. It's a form of art more than anything else, with techniques and expertise that need to be practiced. A stronger mind won't necessarily win over a better trained one. Here's an example of Eragon (without Eldunarya) fending off numerous attackers, using techniques that he learned and practiced:

The congregation of priests began to howl and stomp their feet, and Eragon felt their minds clawing at his, like a pack of wolves tearing at a weakened deer. He retreated deep within himself, warding off the attacks with techniques he had been practicing under Glaedr's tutelage.

Inheritance

Eragon, as pretty much a noob in the first book, had a telepathic battle against a very dangerous enemy - a Shade named Durza. A Shade is basically a sorcerer who was possessed by evil spirits. The spirits corrupt the sorcerer, but also made him extremely powerful. His magical and telepathic powers were extremely vast. He had an army of thousands of Urgals (pretty much the Orcs of "The Inheritance Cycle") bent to his will, and after Eragon killed him (which earned him the name "Shadeslayer" by the way, since he was the 3rd person in history to kill a Shade and live to tell the tale), all these thousands of warriors - now freed of Durza's mental hold - turned on each other (since they belonged to many rival tribes):

“What . . . what happened?” asked Eragon. Arya looked sad. But Murtagh crowed, “We won! It was incredible! When the Shade’s spirits—if that’s what they were—flew across Farthen Dûr, the Urgals ceased fighting to watch them go. It was as though they were released from a spell then, because their clans suddenly turned and attacked each other. Their entire army disintegrated within minutes. We routed them after that!”

Eragon

While Durza was clearly the more powerful one, Eragon did manage to hold his own against Durza's attack. Even when Durza began taking control, Eragon drove him out and later even managed to take a bit of control himself:

His sword whistled through the air. The moment Eragon caught the blade on his shield, a mental probe spiked deep into his thoughts. Fighting to protect his consciousness, he shoved Durza back and attacked with his own mind.

Eragon battered with all his strength against the iron-hard defenses surrounding Durza’s mind, but to no avail. He swung Zar’roc, trying to catch Durza off guard. The Shade knocked the blow aside effortlessly, then stabbed in return with lightning speed. The point of the sword caught Eragon in the ribs, piercing his mail and driving out his breath. The mail slipped, though, and the blade missed his side by the width of a wire. The distraction was all Durza needed to break into Eragon’s mind and begin taking control.

“No!” cried Eragon, throwing himself at the Shade. His face contorted as he grappled with Durza, yanking on his sword arm. Durza tried to cut Eragon’s hand, but it was protected by the mail-backed glove, which sent the blade glancing downward. As Eragon kicked his leg, Durza snarled and swept his black shield around, knocking him to the floor. Eragon tasted blood in his mouth; his neck throbbed.

Ignoring his injuries, he rolled over and hurled his shield at Durza. Despite the Shade’s superior speed, the heavy shield clipped him on the hip. As Durza stumbled, Eragon caught him on the upper arm with Zar’roc. A line of blood traced down the Shade’s arm. Eragon thrust at the Shade with his mind and drove through Durza’s weakened defenses. A flood of images suddenly engulfed him, rushing through his consciousness—

Eragon

A few things to know about this though:

First of all, this is from "Eragon" - the first book in the series. Here, Eragon is still pretty much a novice. He is yet to be taught and trained by Oromis and Glaedr. Second, he didn't have any of his Eldunarya. And as we already discussed, at least half of these Eldunarya are more powerful than Eragon by themselves. Third, it all was after Eragon himself had participated in a large battle and he was already weary. Now, important to note that in the end Durza did win, but Eragon gave him a good fight. He made Durza really work for it and had a momentary upper hand. Durza having thousands under his control shows us that he's pretty damn powerful as far as telepathy goes. Remember, Eragon has 132 other minds with him here, at least half of which are even more powerful than his own.

Glaedr's Eldunari by itself, for example, was giving people crippling headaches just by being angry around them:

Dark clouds of anger gathered within Glaedr, like massive thunderheads building on the horizon. Eragon distanced himself from Glaedr’s consciousness, wary of the dragon’s wrath. Glaedr was no longer capable of physically harming anyone, but he was still incredibly dangerous, and should he lose control and lash out with his mind, none of them would be able to withstand his might.

[...]

Glaedr’s fury was volcanic. Black and terrible, it battered against Eragon with such force, he felt as if the fabric of his being might split asunder, like a sail caught in the wind. On the other side of the field, he saw men drop their weapons and clutch at their heads, grimacing with pain.

Inheritance

His anger was felt all across the Varden's camp - the Varden is an army of tens of thousands of people in it:

Eragon withdrew from the others for a moment as Trianna and several other magicians who served in the Varden contacted him, each demanding to know what they had just felt tearing at their minds and what had so upset the men and animals in the camp.

Inheritance

And that was just Glaedr. Imagine that, but 132 times as powerful. Umaroth alone was able to break through the minds of Eragon, Saphira and Glaedr in a split second as I have shown in my opener, and Umaroth is, again, just one among many. It's hard to grasp the true power of the Eldunarya if you haven't read the books, but this level of mental power is very, very damn absurd.

Now, other than that it will greatly depend on - again - prep and scrying. So I'll end this post now and wait to see what you have in mind.

Summary:

Well, not much to say so far, as I need to see what your team has in mind, given that Eragon will learn of your team's plans while he's scrying them and my team's strategy and prep will depend greatly on that. Other than that, there's the usual warding, invisibility, Wakandan tech, and all that which I used in my previous rounds as well.

There are 2 ways to win this: either get the medicine and make a run for it, or beat your team. Personally, I think that my team's invisibility and mobility along with the ability to distract and delay your team, and mentally control the scum of the streets to protect and perhaps even fetch the cure for them. That's the easy way to win this, but if it has to end in a fight, I am confident that my team can win it this way as well. Telepathy is a powerful ability that your team will be hard-pressed to counter. Other than that, it all depends on your prep and my scrying, so with that being said - it's your move, mate.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_red_viper  Moderator
darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blackspidey2099
the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_red_viper  Moderator
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blackspidey2099

The Genius Menagerie: Doctor Octopus, Spider-Man, and Black Panther

No Caption Provided

Character Overviews:

Doctor Octopus

Bio:

Born to abusive parents in a lower-class household, Otto Octavius never had anything but his own determination and intelligence. However, he made best use of his gifts, graduating at the top of his class at MIT and earning a Ph.D in Nuclear Physics. This led to him earning a job at the US Atomic Research center, where he constructed his now-famous metallic arms to help manipulate radioactive substances from a safe distance. Then, disaster struck in the form of a workplace accident, bathing the brilliant mind in radiation and damaging his brain - with the side effect of giving him the ability to mentally control his mechanical arms. Rechristening himself Doctor Octopus, Octavius soon turned to the wrong side of the law in order to continue his scientific research, eventually being foiled by Spider-Man. A heated rivalry between the two soon grew, with Octavius growing even more fiercely competitive and envious once he realized his arch-enemy was blessed with not just superpowers, but also a mind equal to his own. But then he became the first person to defeat Spider-Man, killing him and taking his body and memories - the side effect being his newfound understanding of the responsibility he now had to uphold. Eventually, he realized that he would never measure up to Peter Parker in terms of intelligence or heroism, and returned the body back to Peter in an act of true selflessness. Doctor Octopus was dead.

Or... not? Due to some time traveling shenanigans, Otto Octavius had secretly made a back-up of his mind, which he was able to use to take over a cloned body with both his and Spider-Man's DNA. As a hybrid Spider-Clone and Otto Octavius, he now goes by the name Superior Octopus. His motives are as yet unknown, but one thing remains certain: Otto Octavius will always be on the forefront of scientific discovery, no matter what body he needs to use!

Powers/Abilities:

All of Spider-Man's powers (Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 4 #30), including an Octopus-Sense (Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 4 #25) and enhanced speed/strength/agility (Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 4 #25).

Mechanical arms (Amazing Spider-Man #3) which are extremely strong (Spectacular Spider-Man #79), tough (Amazing Spider-Man #339), and quick (Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #12) with autonomous attack capabilities (Amazing Spider-Man #297).

Genius-level intellect (Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 4 #20).

Spider-Man

Bio:

Doesn't everyone know who Spider-Man is? Well, I'll recap it anyway. Teenage science prodigy Peter Parker had been orphaned at a young age, leaving him to be raised by his Aunt May and Uncle Ben. Attending a science demonstration, he was bitten by a radioactive spider, granting him amazing powers. After using his engineering ingenuity to invent a chemical that behaved similarly to spider-silk, and an apparatus with which to use it, he decided to use his abilities in search of fame and fortune. However, disaster struck, and his uncle was killed by a criminal he had earlier ignored, thinking it beneath him to aid the police. Learning that with great power there must also come great responsibility, he then became the crime-fighting superhero called Spider-Man!

As Peter grew up, his responsibilities as Spider-Man often overshadowed his civilian life, leading him to waste away much of his talent. However, he struck a lucky break, impressing scientific genius Max Modell with his vast intellect and resourcefulness, leading him to a job at world-famous scientific research firm Horizon Labs. He soon lost this job as a battle with Doctor Octopus lead to Doc Ock possessing Spider-Man's body in a vain bid to become a superior hero, which resulted in most of his personal relationships being demolished by the arrogant personality of Ock. However, when Peter returned to his body, he was in command of a small start-up firm created by Ock. Soon, Peter's genius inventions turned the struggling start-up to a multibillion dollar firm which built all of SHIELD's tech and was a huge hit with consumers worldwide. Unfortunately, Peter was soon forced to sacrifice all his newfound power to stop HYDRA and Doctor Octopus from getting his technology. Despite the setback, Peter continues to fulfill his great responsibility, fighting for the weak and downtrodden everywhere!

Powers/Abilities:

Enhanced strength (Amazing Spider-Man #568), speed (Amazing Spider-Man #637), and durability (Amazing Spider-Man #33).

Spider-Sense (Spider-Man #26) - ie. a biological early warning system for attacks.

Wall-crawling (Spider-Man #26).

Artificially created webbing (AvX: Versus #2).

Super-Genius intellect (Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #1).

Skilled fighter (Amazing Spider-Man #664).

Quick wit (Untold Tales of Spider-Man #3).

Black Panther

Bio:

T'Challa, was the son of T'Chaka, King of Wakanda. However, after T'Chaka was killed, T'Challa had to take over the mantle from his father, using the heart shaped herb to link him to Bast, the Panther God and grant him the superhuman powers of the Black Panther, Wakanda's protector. In his quest to protect Wakanda, he soon came into conflict with Western heroes such as the Avengers and Fantastic Four, before developing a friendly relationship with them, even building the Avengers' Quinjets. After his sister took over the kingdom of Wakanda, T'Challa went to commune with Bast who made him into her Black Panther and gave him the title of King of the Dead - giving Black Panther the knowledge of all Black Panthers before him - until his father's spirit disowned him for not being able to destroy an entire planet, even to protect Wakanda. Now, T'Challa has taken back leadership of Wakanda, but as a democratic leader rather than King. Despite having a new political role, the Black Panther remains committed to fighting for Wakanda's interests - as well as the betterment of the rest of the world!

Powers/Abilities:

Enhanced strength (Jungle Action Vol. 2 #8) and speed (Avengers #87).

Master martial artist (AvX: Versus #5).

Energy daggers (Black Panther Vol. 3 #4).

Vibranium suit which can absorb and reuse kinetic energy (Rise of the Black Panther #2), providing increased durability (Black Panther Vol. 3 #45). It also has anti-metal claws (Black Panther Vol. 3 #60), impressive weaponry (New Avengers Vol. 3 #22), forcefields (New Avengers Vol. 3 #24), and cloaking (New Avengers Vol. 3 #1), among other things.

One of the smartest people on the planet (Incredible Hulk #601).

Strategy:

Perks

• Basic knowledge lets me know who is on your team, plus gives me wiki level knowledge on them (this will be especially useful on Eragon, though it can help against the other 2 members as well).
  • The 1 hour prep anywhere lets my team members teleport from place to place for an hour, grabbing gear and whatever they need to use during their 24 hours of prep.
  • Giving Doc Ock Wolverine's healing factor lets him basically become unkillable.
  • Giving T'Challa flight helps us use ranged attacks more effectively and counter whoever on your team has flight (Eragon maybe?).

Prep

• T'Challa grabs 2 more vibranium suits from Wakanda for Peter and Ock to use. This grants them all the powers I showed earlier, from energy absorption to cloaking. Most importantly, this includes defenses from telepathic/psionic attacks (Black Panther Vol. 6 #17) and sleeping gas reserves (Fantastic Four #52).
  • Peter grabs his omni-harmonic mesh stealth technology (Amazing Spider-Man #650) and suits himself, Doc Ock, and T'Challa up in it so they can be completely undetectable by sound or vision.
  • Peter grabs the cryo-pellets he invented from his lab at Horizon Labs. These can one-shot Hydro-Man on contact (Amazing Spider-Man #666). Since they were able to freeze and incapacitate Captain America (Amazing Spider-Man #683), they should be able to one-shot everyone on your team, with the possible exception of Eragon if you can prove he's stronger than Captain America. During the day of prep he gets, he makes more.
  • Peter grabs his anti-metal spider-tracers (Amazing Spider-Man #651) and distributes them to everyone. These will melt right through any metal gear you have, such as the MCU vibranium suits. The vibranium suits also have anti-metal claws so they can melt your gear from close range.
  • Peter grabs the sensors, spider-tracers, and Webware from his armor and during the day of prep creates copies for T'Challa and Ock to use and integrate into their own tech. This should make it extremely easy for my team to tag your team members with cryo-pellets or anti-metal tracers from afar, or any other ranged attacks.
    • The sensors have too many feats to concisely summarize, but here are a few:
  • Doc Ock grabs his own lenses to further add some capabilities into Peter's lenses. This includes being able to bring up information on who they are targeting (Avenging Spider-Man #16) and full electromagnetic spectrum sensors (Superior Spider-Man Annual #1). Now everyone will be able to have the full features of both Doc Ock's and Peter's lenses.
  • Doc Ock grabs his EMP device (Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 4 #31) and makes a few replicas. They can be used to completely shut down all your gear, unless you can show that it is resistant to EMPs. Everyone on my team has feats of making gear shielded against EMPs (which I can provide upon request) so it won't be an issue for my team.
  • Doc Ock brings some of his spider-bots which can patrol the entire city (Superior Spider-Man Annual #1), automatically notify him of items of interest (Superior Spider-Man Annual #1), feed him data through his lenses (Avenging Spider-Man #20) and even create a force-field (Superior Spider-Man Annual #1). Since they can self-replicate (Superior Spider-Man #2), Doc Ock just needs to bring a couple and they will self-replicate during the day of prep we get.
  • T'Challa outfits all of them with energy daggers which can cut through force fields (Black Panther Vol. 4 #34), as they will know Eragon can create magical shields from their basic wiki-level knowledge.
  • T'Challa brings one of his Wakandan Jets (Rise of the Black Panther #4) so the team can have access to quicker travel.
  • Finally, Peter and T'Challa leverage their friendship with Dr. Strange to get him to teach them the Sands of Nishanti spell (Doctor Strange #384) which nullifies magic for 3 minutes (Doctor Strange #384). Despite not being sorcerers, either one should be able to cast the spell since Zelma (person who casted the spell in the scans I provided) was able to do so despite not being a sorcerer herself (Doctor Strange Vol. 4 #20).

Conclusion:

Immediately once the battle starts, Doc Ock looses all 800+ of his spider-bots throughout the city to find the cure/your team, while my team gets into the Wakandan Jet to go straight to Wayne Tower where they get dropped off and stealth up. If your team hasn't reached by then, we take the cure and get back into the jet and run. If your team gets there just as we do, you won't know that we reach due to our stealth tech, while we will know when you get there since the lenses can detect the magical energy being used or view you through other spectra. We can sneak up on you and knock you out with gas from close by (AFAIK Eragon's wards don't defend from gaseous attacks since I don't think he even knows what those are and the Civil War suit doesn't have chemical filters AFAIK) and get the cure. If that doesn't work for some reason, T'Challa or Peter can use the Sands of Nishanti spell to disable your magic and easily knock everyone on your team out after that. If that doesn't work for whatever reason, the energy daggers should still be able to cut through the wards. The whole time, we'll be stealthed up so you can't know where we are, and Eragon can't use telepathy to find us due to Black Panther's psionic defenses. This means even if we do get in a fight, one of my team members could sneak away with the cure while the other two keep your team occupied as you'd never know where my team is and what they're doing.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anthp2000  Moderator

Tag me folks

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blackspidey2099

@the_red_viper That's my post up! Good luck with your next post. This seems like it's going to be a great match-up!

@darthjhawk Now that openers are done, what's the surprise you had planned?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_red_viper  Moderator
the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_red_viper  Moderator

@darthjhawk: Yeah, I'm almost done with my post and I realized you said something about a little surprise... so, what is it?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_red_viper  Moderator

@darthjhawk: So, about the surprise? My post is all but done, I just gotta know what the surprise is before I post.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_red_viper  Moderator

That was a nice post mate.

Your team has a very obvious tech advantage. They way I see it, the 2 best ways to deal with a tech-heavy opponent is to either out-tech them, which my team admittedly cannot do, or retaliate with a versatile set of powers - which my team definitely can do. What your team has in tech, my team makes up for in magic. Get ready for a very thorough read on the finer points of Eragon's abilities, and find out just how versatile the man is. You probably know because you're an "Inheritance" fan, but allow me to entertain our readers.

What I think gives me an edge here is, that while my team can't match yours in technological capability, it can at least boast some tech that's fairly impressive in its own right. On the other hand, your team cannot match mine with sheer magical potency, but it also doesn't boast any magic whatsoever to compete.

First of all, there are quite a few points in your prep that I feel the need to address specifically.

Counters to your prep:

T'Challa grabs 2 more vibranium suits from Wakanda for Peter and Ock to use. This grants them all the powers I showed earlier, from energy absorption to cloaking. Most importantly, this includes defenses from telepathic/psionic attacks (Black Panther Vol. 6 #17) and sleeping gas reserves (Fantastic Four #52).

So, your team has defense against psionic attacks. That's nice, but I do have to ask you, what's the most powerful telepathic attack that this piece of tech had protected its user from?

I will take the time to remind you the unfathomable telepathic power that Eragon and the Eldunarya possess.

Let's start with Eragon himself. As I detailed in my previous post, Eragon could give a good fight and even break through the mental defenses of Durza:

His sword whistled through the air. The moment Eragon caught the blade on his shield, a mental probe spiked deep into his thoughts. Fighting to protect his consciousness, he shoved Durza back and attacked with his own mind.

Eragon battered with all his strength against the iron-hard defenses surrounding Durza’s mind, but to no avail. He swung Zar’roc, trying to catch Durza off guard. The Shade knocked the blow aside effortlessly, then stabbed in return with lightning speed. The point of the sword caught Eragon in the ribs, piercing his mail and driving out his breath. The mail slipped, though, and the blade missed his side by the width of a wire. The distraction was all Durza needed to break into Eragon’s mind and begin taking control.

“No!” cried Eragon, throwing himself at the Shade. His face contorted as he grappled with Durza, yanking on his sword arm. Durza tried to cut Eragon’s hand, but it was protected by the mail-backed glove, which sent the blade glancing downward. As Eragon kicked his leg, Durza snarled and swept his black shield around, knocking him to the floor. Eragon tasted blood in his mouth; his neck throbbed.

Ignoring his injuries, he rolled over and hurled his shield at Durza. Despite the Shade’s superior speed, the heavy shield clipped him on the hip. As Durza stumbled, Eragon caught him on the upper arm with Zar’roc. A line of blood traced down the Shade’s arm. Eragon thrust at the Shade with his mind and drove through Durza’s weakened defenses. A flood of images suddenly engulfed him, rushing through his consciousness—

Eragon

Durza had the entire Urgal army under his mental control, and the Urgals turned on one another the moment Durza died:

“What . . . what happened?” asked Eragon. Arya looked sad. But Murtagh crowed, “We won! It was incredible! When the Shade’s spirits—if that’s what they were—flew across Farthen Dûr, the Urgals ceased fighting to watch them go. It was as though they were released from a spell then, because their clans suddenly turned and attacked each other. Their entire army disintegrated within minutes. We routed them after that!”

Eragon

The Urgal army was insanely large; so large, in fact, that Eragon was shocked by their sheer numbers:

Eragon was dismayed by their numbers. They were supposed to kill every single one? It seemed a madman’s task. His only encouragement was that he saw none of Galbatorix’s troops with the Urgals. Not yet, at least.

Eragon

Now, that's Eragon alone, and as a novice.

Other than Eragon, there's the entire horde of 132 Eldunarya in his possession. Re-posting their feats seems kind of pointless tbh, but each of them individually is extremely more powerful than Eragon in terms of telepathy.

I doubt that these psionic aegis is powerful enough. But to make it better, Eragon has feats of getting into minds of people who were actively protecting themselves:

Eragon smiled and said, "Hello, Orik." He opened his eyes to see Orik clambering up the low knuckle of rock where he and Saphira sat. The dwarf, who was fully armored, carried his Urgal-horn bow in his left hand.

Hunkering beside Eragon, Orik wiped his brow and shook his head. "How'd you know it was me? I was shielding myself."

Eldest
Extending himself, he found the mind of a soldier who tended one of the catapults. Though he was sure the soldier was defended by some magician, Eragon was able to gain dominance over him and direct his actions from afar.Eldest

Du Vrangr Gata found the first enemy spellcaster. The instant he was alerted, Eragon reached out to the woman who made the discovery, and from there to the foe she grappled with. Bringing the full power of his will to bear, Eragon demolished the magician's resistance, took control of his consciousness----doing his best to ignore the man's terror----determined which troops the man was guarding, and slew the man with one of the twelve words of death. Without pause, Eragon located the minds of each of the now-unprotected soldiers and killed them as well.

Eldest

And that is, again, just Eragon himself - without even mentioning the Eldunarya, which multiply his power a thousandfold. Glaedr's Eldunari alone was giving the entire Varden encampment crippling headaches just by being angry, and Eragon was actually fearful that Glaedr, in his anger, would lash out - because nobody (which includes Eragon, Saphira, 12 elves and the Du Vrangr Gata - the Varden's force of magicians) would be able to withstand his might. Then there's Umaroth, who was able to contemptuously overcome the minds of Eragon, Saphira and Glaedr combined - and Umaroth, as he himself stated, is pretty much the average of the entire 131 Eldunarya that Eragon took from the Vault of Souls. That sort of power is immense. Enormous. I find it hard to believe that Panther's psionic aegis would be able to withstand that onslaught.

As for the gas (which you made a point of in your strategy, and doubted Eragon has the ability to defend against it), it's also easily countered. Eragon has experience in casting spells that filter the air around himself and others. He used it for example to counter the paralyzing effects of the Ra'zac's breath:

Eragon muttered a quick line in the ancient language. The drop in his strength that followed was almost imperceptible. "There. That will filter the air in front of us and protect us from the paralyzing effects of the Ra'zac's breath."

Brisingr

He also used another, more complex spell to protect himself, Saphira and Glaedr's Eldunari from the mysterious poison in the island of Vroengard (it is widely speculated to be radiation):

Eragon, you must cast another spell. The wording of it goes thus---- And he uttered several lines in the ancient language. It was an odd spell; the phrasing was obscure and convoluted, and Eragon was unable to determine what it was supposed to accomplish.

When he asked Glaedr, the old dragon said, There is an invisible poison here, in the air you breathe, in the ground you walk upon, and in the food you may eat and the water you may drink. The spell will protect us against it.

Inheritance

Moving on.

Peter grabs the cryo-pellets he invented from his lab at Horizon Labs. These can one-shot Hydro-Man on contact (Amazing Spider-Man #666). Since they were able to freeze and incapacitate Captain America (Amazing Spider-Man #683), they should be able to one-shot everyone on your team, with the possible exception of Eragon if you can prove he's stronger than Captain America. During the day of prep he gets, he makes more.

Well, I'm no expert on Captain America, but I do reckon that Eragon should be in the same league as him in the very least. He doesn't have many quantifiable feats of strength that can put him in the "X-tonner" category, but he does have some very impressive feats, mainly of striking strength. For example, he casually one-shots people with his fists, and I don't mean he knocks them out, but outright kills them:

He sped around a corner and collided with a soldier walking in the opposite direction. Eragon's vision flashed red and yellow as his forehead struck the rim of the man's shield. He clung to the soldier, and the two of them staggered back and forth across the corridor like a pair of drunk dancers.

The soldier uttered an oath as he struggled to regain his balance. "What's wrong with you, you thrice-blasted----" he said, and then he saw Eragon's face, and his eyes widened. "You!"

Eragon balled his right and and punched the man in the belly, directly underneath his rib cage. The blow lifted the man off his feet and smashed him into the ceiling. "Me," Eragon agreed as the man dropped to the floor, lifeless.

Inheritance

Four soldiers who had dismounted confronted him with drawn swords. They charged. Dodging to the right, he caught the first soldier's wrist as the man swung his sword and punched him in the armpit. The man collapsed and was still. Eragon dispatched his next opponents by twisting their heads until their spines snapped. The fourth soldier was so close by then, running at him with sword held high, Eragon could not evade him.

Trapped, he did the one thing he could: he struck the man in the chest with all his might. A fount of blood and sweat erupted as his fist connected. The blow staved in the man's ribs and propelled him more than a dozen feet over the grass, where he fetched up against another corpse.

Brisingr

He can also punch through a reinforced steel shield (that was made by dwarves, so it was top-quality), ragdoll and kill the dwarf holding that shield - all with one punch:

Releasing the buckler with his right hand but still holding on with his left, Eragon drew back his arm and struck the shield as hard as he could, punching through the tempered steel as easily as if it were made of rotten wood. Because of the calluses on his knuckles, he felt no pain from the impact.

The force of the blow threw the dwarf against the opposite wall. His head lolling upon a boneless neck, the dwarf dropped to the ground, like a puppet whose strings had been severed.

Brisingr

In a sparring session had with Vanir, their blows were so fast and powerful that they caused nearby trees to shake and drop their needles:

He charged Vanir, and the field rang with a furious din as they strove against each other, raging back and forth upon the trampled grass. The force of their blows created gusts of wind that whipped their hair into tangled disarray. Overhead, the trees shook and dropped their needles.

Eldest

In addition, he can jump more than 10 feet off the ground, from a standing start and with no leverage:

Fired by that knowledge and a desire to test his limits, Eragon jumped as high as he could. Zar'roc flashed crimson in the sunlight as he flew skyward, soaring more than ten feet above the ground before he flipped like an acrobat and came down behind Vanir, facing the direction from which he had started.

Eldest

So, I'd say he can match Cap probably, unless you have feats of Cap that are far above this. Either way, he can just melt the ice with fire. He can control the temperatures of his fire as well, so he can make it go really hot and melt the ice in a short amount of time:

He aligned Brisingr with the hairline crack between the two doors, put his weight behind the sword, and pushed the blade through the narrow gap and out the other side. Then he increased the flow of energy to the fire blazing around the blade until it was hot enough to burn its way through the dense wood as easily as a knife cuts through fresh bread.

Brisingr

Or he can just thaw the ice with water manipulation - which was stated to be easy for him:

When Eragon got back on his feet, Oromis had him manipulate the water in various ways----shaping it into complex knots, changing the color of light that it absorbed or reflected, and freezing it in certain prescribed sequences----none of which proved difficult for him.

Eldest

However, there's a better alternative: he can just stop the ice pellets in mid-air and redirect them at your own team:

Fear made them ignore their common sense, and they released a flock of barbed arrows that arched up to intercept her.

Raising his right hand, Eragon cried, "Letta orya thorna!" The arrows froze in place. With a flick of his wrist and the word "Ganga," he redirected them, sending the darts boring toward the no-man's land, where they could bury themselves in the barren soil without causing harm.

Eldest

The same goes for any other projectile that your team has, such as the anti-metal tracers and such.

Regardless of all that, the wards should protect my team from any and all projectiles anyway:

A javelin shot from a ballista glanced off his wards and flew spinning down a street.

Brisingr

The ceramic balls and the liquid fire caused terrific damage when they landed. One ball exploded against the ground not ten yards from Saphira. As Eragon ducked behind his shield, a jagged fragment spun toward his head, only to be stopped dead in the air by one of his wards.

Eldest

Thorn bellowed and sprayed the rows of tents between him and Eragon with a layer of white-hot flames that leaped up toward the sky. Screams of agony swiftly followed as the men within burned to death.

Eragon raised a hand to shield his face. His magic protected him from serious injury, but the heat was uncomfortable.

Inheritance

As you can see, the wards have protected Eragon from many sorts of attacks in the past. Your projectiles should be no different.

Doc Ock grabs his own lenses to further add some capabilities into Peter's lenses. This includes being able to bring up information on who they are targeting (Avenging Spider-Man #16) and full electromagnetic spectrum sensors (Superior Spider-Man Annual #1). Now everyone will be able to have the full features of both Doc Ock's and Peter's lenses.

Regarding all your thermal tech and such, well I could argue that Eragon could change the temperatures around my team to make them invisible to thermals, but he's never done anything of the sort and I'd rather avoid assumptions. But he can do that:

He only had time for one more spell before he would have to devote himself to stopping the Ra'zac from inserting the sword between his liver and kidneys. In desperation, he gave up trying to directly harm the Lethrblaka and instead cried, "Garjzla, letta!"

It was a crude spell, constructed in haste and poorly worded, yet it worked. The bulbous eyes of the Lethrblaka with the broken wing became a matched set of mirrors, each a perfect hemisphere, as Eragon's magic reflected the light that otherwise would have entered the Lethrblaka's pupils. Blind, the creature stumbled and flailed at the air in a vain attempt to hit Saphira.

Brisingr

One of my favorite Eragon spells just because of how brilliant it is. Here he blinds a Lethrblaka by manipulating light and preventing it from entering the beast's pupils. It's like a magical blindfold. Pretty brilliant and quite unavoidable.

Regarding the lens that brings up info on the enemy, well that's quite useless against people who exist outside of Otto's verse and as such there'd be nowhere to draw that info from. It simply doesn't exist in the Marvel Universe. You do have the basic knowledge perk though so it doesn't matter all that much either way.

Doc Ock grabs his EMP device (Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 4 #31) and makes a few replicas. They can be used to completely shut down all your gear, unless you can show that it is resistant to EMPs. Everyone on my team has feats of making gear shielded against EMPs (which I can provide upon request) so it won't be an issue for my team.

Well I don't recall anything that my team has that ever had to endure an EMP, but Eragon can override it with electric manipulation:

Study of the ancient language devoured the afternoon, whereupon they took up the practice of magic. Much of Oromis's lectures concerned the proper way in which to control various forms of energy, such as light, heat, electricity, and even gravity.

Eldest

He can just power back up anything that happens to be shut down with an EMP. Oliver and T'Challa (my T'Challa, that is lol) can give him brief explanations as to how electric devices work during the 24 hours prep. Eragon is actually a real prodigy, and was stated to be a very enthusiastic learner:

When not with Oromis, Eragon supplemented his education by reading the many scrolls the elf gave him, a habit he soon became addicted to. Eragon's reading----limited as it was by Garrow's scant tutelage----had exposed him only to the knowledge needed to run a farm. The information he discovered on the miles of paper flooded into him like rain on parched desert, sating a previously unknown thirst. He devoured texts on geography, biology, anatomy, philosophy, and mathematics, as well as memoirs, biographers, and histories. More important than mere facts was his introduction to alternative ways of thinking. They challenged his beliefs and forced him to reexamine his assumptions about everything from the rights of an individual within society to what caused the sun to move across the sky.

Eldest
The days followed the same pattern. First, Eragon struggled to learn the ancient words and to manipulate the pebble. Then, in the evening, he trained against Brom with the fake swords. Eragon was in constant discomfort, but he gradually began to change, almost without noticing. Soon the pebble no longer wobbled when he lifted it. He mastered the first exercises Brom gave him and undertook harder ones, and his knowledge of the ancient language grew.Eragon

He was stated to excel at energy manipulation as well:

At spells that dealt with the great energies----such as light, heat, and magnetism----he excelled, for he possessed the talent to judge nigh exactly how much strength a task required and whether it would exceed that of his body.

Eldest

During the 24 hours prep, Green Arrow will use his EMP arrows to help Eragon learn how to override the effects of an EMP:

Green Arrow vol. IV issue #15
Green Arrow vol. IV issue #15

That'd give him the knowledge and experience he needs to deal with any EMP.

T'Challa outfits all of them with energy daggers which can cut through force fields (Black Panther Vol. 4 #34), as they will know Eragon can create magical shields from their basic wiki-level knowledge.

Now, there are 2 issues with that.

First of all, force fields and magical wards are not one and the same. T'Challa cutting through force fields does not mean he can cut through a magical ward.

Second of all, funnily enough, Eragon's wiki page in the official Inheritance Cycle wiki makes no mention of his wards. It makes mention of wards used by others, such as Galbatorix, but not Eragon. So your basic knowledge doesn't help you here.

Finally, Peter and T'Challa leverage their friendship with Dr. Strange to get him to teach them the Sands of Nishanti spell (Doctor Strange #384) which nullifies magic for 3 minutes (Doctor Strange #384). Despite not being sorcerers, either one should be able to cast the spell since Zelma (person who casted the spell in the scans I provided) was able to do so despite not being a sorcerer herself (Doctor Strange Vol. 4 #20).

Well now, no offense but that's just one hell of a reach if I ever saw one, for too many reasons.

1. First of all, why would Strange help your team just like that? Yeah, he's their friend. But he's also usually kinda busy doing his own job and protecting the planet from mystical threats and such... you're assuming he would have the time to just teach them those spells right at that moment.
  2. You just assume that they will be able to master those spells so quickly. In your own scan where you showed that Zelma is not a sorceress, it is also clearly shown that she does have some knowledge of magic, and she also explicitly mentions that she actually did try casting those spells and practice magic ("every night I try to stumble through a few of these words to see what will happen..."). Also, to my knowledge (and correct me if I'm wrong), anyone in Marvel can become a sorcerer if they practice. One doesn't have to be born with a certain power in order to use magic.
  3. You only have one hour of prep outside the battlefield. Getting from place to place and grabbing all those stuff you listed, should leave you maybe, just maybe 15 minutes to try and learn those spells - and that's me being very generous; you're planning on grabbing tons of gear from many different places, some of which needs some preparation such as the Wakandan jet. Your team would need to wear all those pieces of tech on themselves too, which would take time (I don't think either of us can imagine them just grabbing all that with their hands and going along). Then there's the fact that you wanna create replicas of some of the gear you listed, and I doubt you'd be able to do it within the 24 hours on the battlefield since you don't have access to any lab or any other high-tech resources. You're more than likely to run out of time before you grab even half your things, let alone get to Dr. Strange. That is actually a very big problem with your prep regardless of your idea of getting to Dr. Strange for help.
  4. I don't think help from any overly-external sources is legit. I mean, grabbing stuff from Wakanda of Peter's and Otto's labs makes sense and is perfectly fine. But getting that much outside help seems kinda off, I mean, if external help is allowed, then there's nothing stopping me from getting Black Panther to grab Iron Man suits for my entire team, or from Oliver to grab Batman's and even Lex Luthor's tech, etc.
  5. Finally, assuming you have enough time to get to Strange, and he has the time to teach you this spell, and you manage to master it, and it's even allowed... it just won't work. Magic in the Marvel Universe is inherently different from magic in the Inheritance Cycle verse, or any other verse for that matter. Assuming it'd work on Eragon's magic just because it works in Marvel is a classic example of a no-limits-fallacy.

My own prep:

Well, everything I said in my opener still stands, but I will add a few stuff now that you've put forth your prep. Eragon's scrying and my team's full knowledge perk allows my team to know precisely what your team does in their prep, and I had to wait for your opener to elaborate on my prep.

So, in addition to all the things listed in my opener, my prep will also involve the following:

1. Eragon will cast spells around my team to protect them from any gasses and poisons that your team may use.

2. Green Arrow and T'Challa will teach Eragon the basics of how electric equipment and machinery works, and Eragon will experiment with overriding the effects of Green Arrow's EMP arrows so that my team is ready for any EMP you may use.

3. Black Panther and Green Arrow will charge up their suits with loads upon loads of kinetic energy.

Strategy:

So, my team uses a combination of telepathy, stealth, distractions and environmental abuse to win.

First of all, Eragon uses his telepathy to find the closest person to the cure. It would probably be somebody in the Wayne Tower, but if by some chance there's nobody there, then any of the people on the street would do.

He can pinpoint people's locations with his mind:

Closing his eyes, Eragon slowly extended his consciousness outward, moving from the mind of one living thing to another, like tendrils of water seeping through sand. He touched teeming cities of insects frantically scurrying about their business, lizards and snakes hidden among warm rocks, diverse species of songbirds, and numerous small mammals. Insects and animals alike bustled with activity as they prepared for the fast-approaching night, whether by retreating to their various dens or, in the case of those of a nocturnal bent, by yawning, stretching, and otherwise readying themselves to hunt and forage.

Just as with his other senses, Eragon's ability to touch another being's thoughts diminished with distance. By the time his psychic probe arrived at the base of Helgrind, he could perceive only the largest of animals, and even those but faintly.

[...]

He proceeded with caution, ready to withdraw at a second's notice if he happened to brush against the minds of their prey: the Ra'zac and the Ra'zac's parents and steeds, the gigantic Lethrblaka.

[...]

Eragon searched long and hard. When he returned to himself, Roran was watching him with the expression of a starving wolf.

[...]

"I think I felt her," he said. "It's hard to be certain, because we're so far from Helgrind and I've never touched her mind before, but I think she's in that forsaken peak, concealed somewhere near the very top."

Brisingr

While he did have trouble finding Katrina here, he did not have the Eldunarya which help him stretch his consciousness farther. Then he just takes control of his target like so:

Extending himself, he found the mind of a soldier who tended one of the catapults. Though he was sure the soldier was defended by some magician, Eragon was able to gain dominance over him and direct his actions from afar.

Eldest

It should be relatively easy for Eragon to find who he's looking for, because he isn't looking for a specific person, trying to determine their location - he's doing the exact opposite, which is a lot easier. He knows the cure is at the top of Wayne Tower, he just needs to probe for whoever is closest to that location, no matter who that might be. The moment some random dude grabs the cure, it's mine for all intents and purposes, since your team won't suspect the random people across the place, they will be watching out solely for my team - and therefore the cure will be safe.

Then there's the point of distracting your team and keeping them preoccupied. There will be a few things that my team can do here.

First of all, there's the Wakandan jet my team will grab - possibly more than one such. It can be controlled with a Kimoyo bead and will be able to engage your own jet and keep you busy while the cure makes its way to my team.

First of all, it has cloaking:

No Caption Provided

It can shoot tendrils that will cause system failure in your own jet and hold it in place:

No Caption Provided

Basically, it will make your team think that they're being attacked by my team. Which is sort of true, but not really since the jet is controlled from afar and my team isn't in it. Your team will focus on engaging the jet while the cure makes its way to my team.

Also, Ollie can launch flare arrows in the air:

1. Green Arrow: Rebirth
  2. Green Arrow vol. V issue #45

These can be used to avert your team's attention from the target and possibly make them go and explore what the hell just caused that bright flash of light.

Meanwhile, Eragon will also engage your team telepathically. If it won't just knock them out right off the bat, it will at least distract them and put them completely out of focus.

If and when your team reaches the Wayne Tower - where they think that they cure should be - Oliver and Eragon will fire explosive arrows and bring the place down on your team's heads. Ollie has some very powerful ones that can be used, like the quantum arrow:

Green Arrow/Black Canary issue #28

Before you say anything, yeah it was Speedy's arrow, but Ollie gave it to her (scans that show it can be posted if you want).

Basically, my team will just do whatever they can to stall and delay your team and keep them from advancing forward while the cure makes its own way to my team and they just get away. If the need arises to fight, Eragon's telepathy will play the biggest part while Ollie and Panther help engage your team, protected by wards, numerous other protective spells, and Vibranium armor.

Summary:

Not much had changed. As the battle starts, Eragon finds the civilian closest to the cure and mind-controls him into taking it and get it to my team. Meanwhile, the Wakandan jets are being controlled from afar and sent to engage your team and keep them preoccupied. If push comes to shove and my team has to fight yours, Eragon's protective spells and wards that he cast during the prep can counter and deny anything your team has to offer, and my full knowledge perk + scrying makes it so you also have no element of surprise, and even though your team has cloaking and muffling tech, my team can mentally detect yours and they also have thermals. Eragon's telepathy will be the deciding factor against your technologically and physically superior team, and your psionic aegis lacks the feats to suggest it can withstand the mental onslaught that Eragon alone can unleash, let alone with all 132 of his Eldunarya helping him. One of the biggest issues with your plan is the unrealistically large amount of stuff you are planning to do in just 1 hour, which include grabbing tons of gear, creating copies for some of it (cannot be done in the 24 hours prep on the battlefield since you lack resources to create such high-tech stuff), getting and preparing a Wakandan jet, and learning magic (which is far-fetched all by itself for several reasons).

Your move my friend ;)

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_red_viper  Moderator

@blackspidey2099: It's up. Guess we'll make do without the surprise, though I am curious to know what it was =P

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Great post! I'll try and have counters up in maybe a week or so.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darthjhawk  Moderator

@blackspidey2099: @the_red_viper: Apologies for my stint of absence. I had some IRL issues to deal with. And sorry for delaying your match but it looks like you carried on well enough with out me. Glad to see it. Good luck and please do tag me when you are all finished up.

BTW if you were curious about that surprise, I was going to introduce two characters for each respective team to battle around, and your jobs would have been to prove how you got past them/who got past first. You didn't necessarily have to outright overpower the characters just get past them to accomplish the goal. It was going to be a Godkiller/Perfect Ikon Suit Deathstroke vs TRV and a One Piece character named Crocodile for BlackSpidey

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By blackspidey2099

Round 2: Rebuttals

No Caption Provided

Defending My Prep:

So, your team has defense against psionic attacks. That's nice, but I do have to ask you, what's the most powerful telepathic attack that this piece of tech had protected its user from?

Well, as you can see, the tech was able to completely block out a psionic attack that was breaking through T'Challa's mental defenses and was actually hurting him.

Black Panther Vol. 6 #17

As such, it's safe to say that the tech is significantly better than T'Challa's inherent mental defenses. Now, that might not mean much as of now, but I hope you'll understand why I think that's impressive once I explain how good T'Challa is at shielding his mind. In fact, he's been able to stave off even planetary level telepaths, such as Cable (Cable Vol. 1 #54) and Emma Frost (Original Sin #4).

Emma Frost possesses both telepathic power and range in spades. For example, she has been able to casually mind-wipe an entire town after a disastrous battle:
New Mutants Vol. 3 #4

Furthermore, she can broadcast psychic messages across the entire planet:

Uncanny X-Men #500

She's also done well for herself against other highly established telepaths in Marvel, blocking the powers of both the Phoenix (X-Men: Phoenix Endsong #4) and Charles Xavier (World War Hulk: X-Men #2).

I don't know too much about Cable, but according to his handbook entry, he too has planetary level range.

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: X-Men 2005

From what you showed, Eragon has never been able to break psychic defenses good enough to keep out the likes of Cable or Emma, let alone psychic defenses which can keep out telepathic attacks good enough to break the aforementioned defenses. As such, I don't think telepathy is going to be a viable strategy for Eragon in this battle.

As for the gas (which you made a point of in your strategy, and doubted Eragon has the ability to defend against it), it's also easily countered. Eragon has experience in casting spells that filter the air around himself and others. He used it for example to counter the paralyzing effects of the Ra'zac's breath:

It's not that I doubted Eragon could defend against gas, because I know he can. What I was saying is that his regular wards don't filter out gas, which you proved by giving me those 2 showings where Eragon needs to specifically cast a spell that filters out gas since his wards don't do it themselves. In that case, once a member of our team gets close enough, the sleeping gas should knock out your team before Eragon realizes what's happening and can cast a spell against it.

Well, I'm no expert on Captain America, but I do reckon that Eragon should be in the same league as him in the very least. He doesn't have many quantifiable feats of strength that can put him in the "X-tonner" category, but he does have some very impressive feats, mainly of striking strength. For example, he casually one-shots people with his fists, and I don't mean he knocks them out, but outright kills them:

Well, in order to break out of the cryo-pellet, I think lifting/pulling/pushing strength feats are a lot more important than striking. And in terms of lifting, Cap can pretty casually bench 1100lbs and even pull down a helicopter.

As for striking, though I maintain that it's irrelevant, Cap can completely shatter metal robots and kick through armored steel doors, which IMO would be superior to the feats you showed for Eragon (one-shotting people, punching through medieval level steel, etc.) by a bit.

So, I'd say he can match Cap probably, unless you have feats of Cap that are far above this. Either way, he can just melt the ice with fire. He can control the temperatures of his fire as well, so he can make it go really hot and melt the ice in a short amount of time:

Or he can just thaw the ice with water manipulation - which was stated to be easy for him:

I agree that Eragon could casually break out of an ice cube with magic, but there's an issue - the ice doesn't just trap whoever it hits, it also stops their bodily functions from working.

Amazing Spider-Man #682/687

As you can see above, the cryo-cube doesn't encase things/people in a block of ice, it literally freezes all their bodily mechanisms from working. That's why it can be used to transport vital organs without them decaying and stopping to work due to the lack of oxygen. In that case, it would shut down Eragon's brain while he's frozen, so Eragon won't be able to use magic. More proof that the cryo-pellets shut down bodily functions can be seen in Spider-Man's recent encounter with Hydro-Man.

Amazing Spider-Man #666
Amazing Spider-Man #666

As you can see, the pellet completely disables Hydro-Man from moving, or doing anything. This is impressive, since it's established that Hydro-Man can control and manipulate any form of water, including ice, with his hydrokinesis powers - as can be seen in Black Panther's battle with Hydro-Man.

Black Panther Vol. 3 #14

Pay special attention to how Hydro-Man forms ice around T'Challa's next in the first scan, how Black Panther says Hydro-Man can control all forms of water (including ice) in the third scan, and how Hydro-Man forms ice around the guns in the fourth/last scan. If Hydro-Man's brain had been functioning perfectly, he would have been able to control his body despite being turned into ice, and he could have used his hydrokinesis to continue fighting or just convert himself back into water. However, since the cryo-pellets freeze internal bodily mechanisms, Hydro-Man wasn't able to do that. As such, neither will Eragon be able to use his magic to get out of the cryo-pellets.

However, there's a better alternative: he can just stop the ice pellets in mid-air and redirect them at your own team:

If he notices the ice pellets and thinks of them as a threat, then yes, he can. Though I don't think that spell is accurate enough to tag anyone on my team, especially since they will be stealthed up.

Regardless of all that, the wards should protect my team from any and all projectiles anyway:

I'm not sure if the wards will protect from ice pellets. I shouldn't have to show quotes for Eragon being able to drink water/get wet despite having wards, so clearly the wards don't protect from water. I can try and dig through my books and find some quotes for my next post, but I hope you won't need me to... Since ice pellets are just some form of high-tech ice, I think they can get through the wards.

Regarding all your thermal tech and such, well I could argue that Eragon could change the temperatures around my team to make them invisible to thermals, but he's never done anything of the sort and I'd rather avoid assumptions.

The sensors that Spidey/Doc Ock have include X-Ray, ultraviolet, and all sorts of other sensors than just thermal sensors, so even if Eragon made his team invisible to thermals it wouldn't help.

One of my favorite Eragon spells just because of how brilliant it is. Here he blinds a Lethrblaka by manipulating light and preventing it from entering the beast's pupils. It's like a magical blindfold. Pretty brilliant and quite unavoidable.

That's pretty impressive. Do we know whether that spell works only on visible light, or will it work on other types of detection like UV, X-Ray, thermals, etc? Also, can Eragon cast such spells on enemies who he can't see or detect in any way?

Regarding the lens that brings up info on the enemy, well that's quite useless against people who exist outside of Otto's verse and as such there'd be nowhere to draw that info from. It simply doesn't exist in the Marvel Universe. You do have the basic knowledge perk though so it doesn't matter all that much either way.

Agreed. I think that was just a vestigial remnant from the opener I copied over from my last match in this tourney, haha. My bad.

Well I don't recall anything that my team has that ever had to endure an EMP, but Eragon can override it with electric manipulation:

Well, as you can see in that scan, Ock's EMP doesn't just shut down tech but completely shreds it as well. Here's a repost:

Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 4 #31

So Eragon would need to completely repair all the shredded tech first. Secondly, I don't think that vague statement of Eragon being able to manipulate electricity means he can control the electricity precisely and effectively enough to make sure every single EMPed device works, even if they aren't shredded.

During the 24 hours prep, Green Arrow will use his EMP arrows to help Eragon learn how to override the effects of an EMP:

I don't think Eragon can override the effects of an EMP just like that. EMPs disable tech by literally destroying the circuits/components which make it work.

When the radiation passes through a phone or a computer the device catches this powerful pulse that generates a rogue current of electricity that moves through the device’s circuits and can destroy them.

Credit

Unless Eragon can learn years worth of electrical engineering knowledge in a day, he won't be able to fix up every single circuit in every single device which the EMP disables, no matter how good his magic is.

First of all, force fields and magical wards are not one and the same. T'Challa cutting through force fields does not mean he can cut through a magical ward.

I think this is a pedantic distinction, but either way, T'Challa's energy daggers are literallyintangible and can phase through objects (Avengers Vol. 3 #21). Do Eragon's wards have any feats showing that they can block attacks which are intangible? Because I'm quite sure they can't. So even if the daggers don't "cut" through Eragon's wards, they will pass right through and work perfectly all the same.

Second of all, funnily enough, Eragon's wiki page in the official Inheritance Cycle wiki makes no mention of his wards. It makes mention of wards used by others, such as Galbatorix, but not Eragon. So your basic knowledge doesn't help you here.

Well, actually, it doesn't mention Eragon making wards by name, but it does mention that Eragon/his Eldunari can cast magical shields, which should convey the same meaning to my team.

The combination of Eragon's spell and Shruikan's death pushed Galbatorix to finally kill himself with magic and Eragon scrambled to grab the captive children and everyone else around Nasuada for the Eldunarí to cast a magical shield to repel the king's final spell.

Credit

So T'Challa will still make sure everyone has energy daggers in order to be able to cut through magical shields.

Well now, no offense but that's just one hell of a reach if I ever saw one, for too many reasons.

If you are allowed to get help from people not on your team (ie. Shuri), I don't see why I can't get help from people not on my team (ie. Stephen Strange).

First of all, why would Strange help your team just like that? Yeah, he's their friend. But he's also usually kinda busy doing his own job and protecting the planet from mystical threats and such... you're assuming he would have the time to just teach them those spells right at that moment.

It's literally like 3 words. I don't think it would take too long for a genius like, for example, T'Challa (who himself can use some magic - Doomwar #1) to learn such a simple spell.

Besides, Strange has helped out Spider-Man, for instance, very consistently - even for the most frivolous of things. For example, here he uses magic to help Spider-Man talk to a spider for no apparent reason:

Doctor Strange #390

When Aunt May was shot, not only did Doctor Strange offer to help Peter with magic, but we also saw that Peter was able to learn the spell Doctor Strange invoked just by hearing it once - and after that, Peter was able to use the spell on his own. We get another example of just how helpful Strange can be, since after Peter tries to change the timeline with magic, and magical creatures come after him, Strange saves him despite how Peter betrayed his trust.

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #24

Since the current scenario is that Mary Jane is in a life or death situation, I don't see why Doctor Strange would be unwilling to assist Peter with magical aid yet again, as he did when Aunt May was about to die. Since we know Peter can perform incantations after hearing Doctor Strange use them just once, Peter can easily learn the incantation for the Sands of Nishanti spell.

You just assume that they will be able to master those spells so quickly. In your own scan where you showed that Zelma is not a sorceress, it is also clearly shown that she does have some knowledge of magic, and she also explicitly mentions that she actually did try casting those spells and practice magic ("every night I try to stumble through a few of these words to see what will happen..."). Also, to my knowledge (and correct me if I'm wrong), anyone in Marvel can become a sorcerer if they practice. One doesn't have to be born with a certain power in order to use magic.

As I showed above, Peter was able to master one of Strange's spells after hearing him use it once. I don't see why he can't do that again.

AFAIK, anyone can use magic in Marvel if they know the spells, but I can't confirm that. Either way, it only helps my point.

You only have one hour of prep outside the battlefield. Getting from place to place and grabbing all those stuff you listed, should leave you maybe, just maybe 15 minutes to try and learn those spells - and that's me being very generous; you're planning on grabbing tons of gear from many different places, some of which needs some preparation such as the Wakandan jet. Your team would need to wear all those pieces of tech on themselves too, which would take time (I don't think either of us can imagine them just grabbing all that with their hands and going along). Then there's the fact that you wanna create replicas of some of the gear you listed, and I doubt you'd be able to do it within the 24 hours on the battlefield since you don't have access to any lab or any other high-tech resources. You're more than likely to run out of time before you grab even half your things, let alone get to Dr. Strange. That is actually a very big problem with your prep regardless of your idea of getting to Dr. Strange for help.

Once again, Peter was clearly able to learn one of Doctor Strange's spells in what seemed like seconds. I don't see why it would take more than 5 minutes to explain the situation to Doctor Strange and get him to agree.

As for creating replicas, I think I can do that in the battlefield since the battlefield is just Arkham City from the game IIRC. There were multiple labs and whatnot in Arkham City, so my team can just find one on my side of the city and get to work there.

I don't think help from any overly-external sources is legit. I mean, grabbing stuff from Wakanda of Peter's and Otto's labs makes sense and is perfectly fine. But getting that much outside help seems kinda off, I mean, if external help is allowed, then there's nothing stopping me from getting Black Panther to grab Iron Man suits for my entire team, or from Oliver to grab Batman's and even Lex Luthor's tech, etc.

Well, since you were getting help from Shuri, I don't see why I can't get help from someone who's not on my team. Also, at least IMO, just learning a spell isn't the same thing as getting tech from someone. There's also the fact that I'm not sure if it's in character from MCU Stark, or Batman/Luthor to help your team, while I proved it is in character for Dr. Strange to help Spider-Man.

Finally, assuming you have enough time to get to Strange, and he has the time to teach you this spell, and you manage to master it, and it's even allowed... it just won't work. Magic in the Marvel Universe is inherently different from magic in the Inheritance Cycle verse, or any other verse for that matter. Assuming it'd work on Eragon's magic just because it works in Marvel is a classic example of a no-limits-fallacy.

I disagree. I can understand if you said I was using a no-limits fallacy if the spell worked to nullify magic on a really low level (like nullifying a spell that can lift a 5 pound weight or something) and then I argued it can nullify Eragon's much more powerful magic. However, the Sands of Nishanti worked on magic that's just on a different scale in terms of power than anything used in the Inheritance Cycle.

For example, before they were depowered, Doctor Strange was able to destroy buildings, travel through dimensions, and even casually transmute an entire dimension with sheer magical might.

Doctor Strange #384

That's far more powerful than Inheritance Cycle magic, and if the spell can nullify such powerful magic, I don't see why it can't nullify the less powerful magic used in the Inheritance Cycle. It's far from being a NLF since the spell nullified more powerful magic than what I'm arguing it can nullify here.

Countering Your Prep:

Well, everything I said in my opener still stands, but I will add a few stuff now that you've put forth your prep. Eragon's scrying and my team's full knowledge perk allows my team to know precisely what your team does in their prep, and I had to wait for your opener to elaborate on my prep.

I'm not sure this will really work as well as you hope. In order for the scrying to allow your team to know what my team is doing with prep, your team would need to be smart enough to understand what my team is doing and building. And I'm not sure that's the case. Eragon has literally never seen any electronic equipment before, and neither MCU T'Challa nor Oliver have any experience with building any sort of advanced tech AFAIK.

1. Eragon will cast spells around my team to protect them from any gasses and poisons that your team may use.

How will Eragon know my characters are using gasses? T'Challa will give everyone on my team his vibranium Black Panther suits, which have sleeping gas pre-loaded in them. My team won't be loading gas into the suits during prep, so no one on your team will know my team has gas.

2. Green Arrow and T'Challa will teach Eragon the basics of how electric equipment and machinery works, and Eragon will experiment with overriding the effects of Green Arrow's EMP arrows so that my team is ready for any EMP you may use.

I already explained my issues with this.

3. Black Panther and Green Arrow will charge up their suits with loads upon loads of kinetic energy.

They could have done that without scrying my team, but whatever. I don't think that kinetic energy will be useful whatsoever IMO. It's not going to hurt anyone in my team, and my team has far superior kinetic energy absorption tech thanks to 616 T'Challa's own vibranium tech.

My Strategy:

During the 24 hours prep on the battlefield, my team will instruct the spider-bots we brought to replicate itself into hundreds of copies, as I said in my opener. This shouldn't take too long, and after they have like 100 or so, they can start getting the spider-bots to cover the city. Since they know where the cure is, they can instruct some spider-bots to go to the cure and protect it. The spider-bots will keep covering the city and self-replicating, so that they can keep track of your team's whereabouts. Once the scenario begins, the entire city will be covered by my team's spider-bots, and the cure will be guarded.

Once the battle starts, my team races to Wayne Tower in their Quinjet, while stealthing themselves up and activating their psionic defenses on the Black Panther suits. Once they reach, they immediately drop down and grab the cure while still invisible, before escaping. If your team gets there just as my team does, your team won't be able to detect my team anyways, so one member of my team will distract your team with energy daggers/gas/cryo-pellets/etc. while the others snatch the cure and run. I doubt that a full-blown fight will even occur, but if it does, I think I've made it clear why I believe my team wins in the above two sections.

Countering Your Strategy:

It should be relatively easy for Eragon to find who he's looking for, because he isn't looking for a specific person, trying to determine their location - he's doing the exact opposite, which is a lot easier. He knows the cure is at the top of Wayne Tower, he just needs to probe for whoever is closest to that location, no matter who that might be. The moment some random dude grabs the cure, it's mine for all intents and purposes, since your team won't suspect the random people across the place, they will be watching out solely for my team - and therefore the cure will be safe.

This isn't going to be as easy as you might have hoped. As I said, the cure will be guarded by spider-bots, so if anyone who isn't in my team comes close to it, the spider-bots can just create a force-field (Superior Spider-Man Annual #1) around it. Heck, my team can just instruct the spider-bots in that area to form a force-field around the cure the instant the scenario starts. Regular humans won't be able to break through the force-field, and even your team would have trouble breaking the force-field without Eragon using his magic.

First of all, there's the Wakandan jet my team will grab - possibly more than one such. It can be controlled with a Kimoyo bead and will be able to engage your own jet and keep you busy while the cure makes its way to my team.

How is your team going to control the jet by remote? From the Black Panther movie, it seemed like the jets could only be remote-controlled using the special tech in Shuri's lab, which I'm not sure can be brought to the battlefield. Even if you can bring the remote control tech to the battle-field, who will fly the jet? You would need to sacrifice a member of your team to remote fly the jet, and that's even assuming that there's someone on your team who actually knows how to fly a jet. Eragon certainly doesn't know how to do that, and I'm not sure whether Ollie or MCU T'Challa know how to fly a jet either.

The other issue with this is that my team's Wakandan jet will be cloaked up for obvious reasons as well, so I doubt your team's jet will even be able to find my jet and distract my team. Here's an example of Wakandan planes cloaking:

Rise of the Black Panther #3
Rise of the Black Panther #3

Basically, it will make your team think that they're being attacked by my team. Which is sort of true, but not really since the jet is controlled from afar and my team isn't in it. Your team will focus on engaging the jet while the cure makes its way to my team.

This isn't going to happen since your team's jet won't even be able to find my team's jet. If anything, your team will be wasting time trying to find my team's jet while we go to the cure, get it, and leave - all stealthed up so your team can't even see them.

Also, Ollie can launch flare arrows in the air:

These can be used to avert your team's attention from the target and possibly make them go and explore what the hell just caused that bright flash of light.

Oh come on... Peter thinks Mary Jane is near death. While he isn't morals off or bloodlusted, he also isn't going to prioritize some random flares over saving the love of his life - especially since he knows one of his opponents is an archer with a ton of trick arrows, due to basic knowledge.

Meanwhile, Eragon will also engage your team telepathically. If it won't just knock them out right off the bat, it will at least distract them and put them completely out of focus.

I don't think Eragon will be able to detect my team's minds while they are shielded due to the Psionic Aegis tech.

If and when your team reaches the Wayne Tower - where they think that they cure should be - Oliver and Eragon will fire explosive arrows and bring the place down on your team's heads. Ollie has some very powerful ones that can be used, like the quantum arrow:

How will Oliver and Eragon reach Wayne Tower before my team in order to pull this off? Anyways, I already proved that the cure will actually be on the top of Wayne Tower due to my spider-bots.

Summary & Conclusion:

• My team can protect themselves from Eragon's telepathy due to the tech built into the vibranium suits.
  • My team can counter Eragon's wards with tech made from exotic materials that Eragon's wards may not counter - this includes cryo-pellets, gases, energy daggers, etc.
  • Eragon won't be able to mind control civilians into taking the cure for him, since the city will be covered in spider-bots that will be watching everyone and can protect the cure by creating force-fields.
  • Your team can't really do much to stop my team from getting the cure when your team has no way of possibly detecting where my team is.
  • My team holds pretty much every advantage - physicals, stealth, speed, tech, etc. - while the only advantage your team has to rely on is Eragon's telepathy. Since my team has tech to counter that, your team is left with no advantages and no way to beat my team.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By blackspidey2099

@the_red_viper: @darthjhawk: Sorry for the super-late reply, but my post is finally up! I hope you find it to your liking. Good luck for your conclusion!

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_red_viper  Moderator
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers