Sypha Belnades (Castlevania) vs Korra (The Legend of Korra)

• 79 results
Avatar image for tecknofreaks110
Tecknofreaks110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tecknofreaks110

Both are bloodlusted.

Takes place in Dracula's castle.

EoS for both.

Who wins this time?

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9
deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice choice man.

What does EoS mean?

Sypha is a mini Avatar herself, and Korra's overconfidence would likely cost her....

...But Battles that include Avatars always suffer with no restrictions on the Avatar State, as its such a massive power jump that Sypha could never compare, by herself though with no AS? Sypha has far more experience using her powers to kill. I give it to Sypha in a non AS fight.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JDogg

Sypha. Better elemental control all around, better speed feats, and more stamina. She is also far more deadlier. She could freeze the air under Korra's feet and slice her in two.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra. Much faster. Reacted to an explosion at point blank range.

More durable. Can physically just punch ice shards with no damage.

And greater AP/DC feats.

Avatar state isn't even necessary.

Also, ruthlessness is nothing new for Korra

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killianduclark: I might have to disagree.

Sypha by the end of the series was fighting multiple demons, vampires, humans, and deadly monsters for days on end without much breaking a sweat and was able to fight off foes that could solo half the Avatar verse

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sypha shows way more competent use of her Fire and Ice powers, In game she has lightning balls, and flash freeze foes to shatter too.

Speed wise they are close. Arrows is still a major deal vs Avatar characters, they are not lightning speeds.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reddsevil34: you can't seriously think any being in the Netflix castlevania show can solo the end of series kyoshi warriors let alone half the avatar verse?

I don't know whether it's recency bias, but castlevania characters aren't remarkable compared to any competent bender especially in the avatar franchise.

As I said, Korra is much faster in terms of reaction speed. Example reacting to a mach 2 to 3 explosions >>> barely reacting to arrows and spears.

Korra's AP/DC is far better. She shows this in pretty much all her fights. And that's not factoring the boost provided by the avatar state.

Her versatility is greater. Earth, Metal, Spirit and Energy bending just to name a few.

She is more durable, as she can routinely shrug off boulders and rock slams.

Frankly, its borderline a mismatch to.pit Korra against sypha. Non full moon amped Katara would be a closer but still ultimately a one sided match in her favor

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I haven't seen s4 of Castlevania yet but I think Korra definitely has this she's more versatile, has great reaction time, has better power and has a ton of experience fighting elemental characters. Not to mention she is insanely durable and strong. Korra has both better elemental abilities and better stats.

King-Jagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra wins, she can take much more punishment than Sypha, plus she blocked a bean that could level a city.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By geekryan

Korra wins with the AS but loses without it

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killianduclark: Dracula, Alucard, Isaac with enough monsters and Death actually can solo the Avatar verse quite easily tho. And while Korra has more raw power she's not much of a smart tactician like Sypha is. And Sypha's reaction are just as good seeing that she can fight and cqc vampires and demons that can blitz around.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reddsevil34: you aren't buttressing your points with anything. You are just making claims without any form of evidents to back it up.

What shows sypha is a better tactician?

Is she more creative and lethal in the use of her abilities. Sure. But being a good battle tacticians doesn't mean being creative only.

And do you know the gap between arrow timing and explosion timing?

Crossbowbolts which tend to be faster than regular arrows are measured in feet per seconds. With regular bolts moving at 300FPS.

A mach 3 explosion would be about 3000 FPS.

And Korra did so fairly casually.

So again. Korra is more durable, more faster, stronger, packs more power and better overall to not only Sypha but everyone in castlevania.

And like I already said, end of series kyoshi warriors are enough to solo the verse.

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, I just responded to Aystarr's post about this from a year ago lol.

My stance was that Korra could take this 6/10 times, but with these more recent opinions, maybe I should rethink my position.

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Reddsevil34

@killianduclark:the fact that you think that Korra or the Kyoshi Warriors can even come close to people like Dracula, Alucard, or even Carmilla and Isaac is laughable

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Castlevania characters have enough strength, speed and durability feats to take on anyone in the Avatar verse. Korra may have more raw power but that doesn't guarantee a win against someone like Sypha who's more clever and versatile when she fights.

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Reddsevil34

@thebooyzz: I posted some videos showing off some feats for the Castlevania crew

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sypha Feats (Seasons 1-3)

Physicals

Fire Magic

Ice Magic

Miscellaneous

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: I posted some videos showing off some feats for the Castlevania crew

Thanks I appreciate it.

With the AS being accessible to Korra, I cant say she loses.

Without the AS, I could really see it being 5/10 for both of these characters because what Sypha lacks in strength, she makes up with in quantity. What Korra lacks in potency, she makes up with attack speed. Sypha strikes me as a much more powerful version of Kuvira; the issue is that because of Sypha's close combat style, she's wide open to AoE/big projectile attacks (both of which Korra specializes in). The biggest example being that meteor that Drac sent towards her.

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Reddsevil34

@thebooyzz: So it basically comes down to Sypha's quick and adaptive fighting style vs Korra's aggressive and powerhouse fighting style. This is a really close match but I still lean towards Sypha a bit more seeing as how even with Avatar State, Korra's foes still managed to combat her by outwitting or simply creating distance from her and using her power against her. Tactics that Sypha does constantly.

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reddsevil34: again still yet to see any counters to my points.

Sypha and her verse are still slow AF. Bare in mind am using Korra's least impressive speed feat.

I haven't even touched the controversial lightning scaling or her spirit canon blocking, but she's already 10x faster with just explosion timing.

With others she becomes 1000x to 100x Sypha's speed superior.

So once again

Korra even without AS has a massive AP/DC advantage. Example, her mech freezing feat.

She's more durable. She routinely gets up from being bashed by boulders, ice whips and what have you. In season 4, Sypha due to exhaustion admittedly, was being damaged by gremlins.

Next Korra is stronger. And by a sizeable amount.

Korra is more versatile. Sypha has shown three main elemental abilities. And can argued to have five if we count so one off feats. Korra has four and eight elemental variations.

But if spamming YouTube clips of fights is what it takes to get my point across whatever

https://gfycat.com/serpentineexaltedkilldeer

https://gfycat.com/orderlyredfinnishspitz

https://youtu.be/PreU8RaRxiI

https://gfycat.com/dismalbeneficialandeancat

http://share.gifyoutube.com/mlz9Wb.gif

Notice how none of these are Avatar amps.

So yeah korra bodies the trio and the verse.

And as for the kyoshi warriors. I stand by my claim. They would obviously need to have their weapons holified or whatever to harm vamps, but that's it

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killianduclark: you need to Link your videos before posting them. Otherwise no one can see them

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killianduclark: Also Korra doesn't even have any good speed feats that are on par with Alucards, Dracula or any of the other Vampires in Castlevania so I don't see how you think she'll be tagging any of them. Also there's no concept of Heaven or Hell in the Avatar verse so how are the Kyoshi Warriors supposed to get holy items to fight off Demons and Vampires when they don't even exist in the Avatar verse to warrant such items?

And I know you're not comparing physical strength with Korra and Alucard when Alucard is massively stronger than Korra even on a worse day. Alucard was able to fling around giant boulders with his bare hands with no effort and casually tanks hits through walls from his own father who is 10x's more powerful than Alucard.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power vs Skill. Skill takes it 10/10.

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reddsevil34: She got even better feats in S4, but since the season just came out, I don’t have GIFs for them yet.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reddsevil34:

This is going to be my last reply on this topic.

I am beyond tired with having to parrot myself just because of this one match up.

A. You think Sypha wins. Yet you haven't countered one point of mine. Not even a single one of my points.

You keep going on about how vampires are fast in their own right. But they are certainly no where fast enough to contend with avatar characters.

The speed of vampire isn't noteworthy because of two things. They aren't quantifiable due to lack of real world quantifiable phenomenons' to scale them off for example dodging lightning etc

(and you can't even use visual ques to gauge the speed of vampires because, fights like Camilla vs Isaac have obvious artistic flourishes and flairs) and two they are inconsistent, since it did not pose a threat peak humans like Sypha and Isaac.

B. Next when I said, the kyoshi warriors weapons would only need to holified in order for them to solo the verse, it was pretty obvious I meant that they would get blessed by a priest from castlevania or just smeared with salt. No need to question the meta physics or the two verses.

The basic premise of souls and afterlife's exist in both franchises including items like sacred objects.

C. In reference to Korra being physically stronger, I was obviously referring to sypha. But even then yes korra has shown far greater durability than anyone in castlevania has shown.

D. The skill gap many of you keep hyping is not only non existent but also pointless if it did exist.

In reference to skill Korra was trained for several years by bending masters and has gone up against bending masters. Meaning fighting Sypha is just a regular Monday to her. In contrast, sypha is implied to have no real formal training in fighting before meeting Belmont and crew.

And in reference to how skill would be meaningless here, it would be like pitting what is in effect a human fire eater street performer (sypha) to a flame thrower tank (korra).

It might come across like I hate sypha and prefer korra, but it's quite the opposite in fact.

I just am not willing to delude myself that this is anything other than a stomp for Korra and any named ATLA/LOK character

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: what new feat of Sypha makes this fight any less of a stomp for Korra?

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durability means nothing in this battle. Sypha uses her powers to main or kill immediately.

NightwingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Sypha wins. She just seems more lethal and creative with her powers than Korra imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-62feb2f6d86f1
deactivated-62feb2f6d86f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sypha as for sure

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: what new feat of Sypha makes this fight any less of a stomp for Korra?

The fact that Korra wouldn't stomp to begin with?

I'm looking to CaV this though, so if you're interested, let me know.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 death4bunnies  Moderator

Sypha wins 100% of the time.

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: that's why I had posted the videos.

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Reddsevil34

@killianduclark: A.) I just posted videos that did counter your points yet I've seen you not really do the same. Also lighting has nothing to do with the context of a vampires speed especially when said vampires can zip zoom like Alucard did to Dracula. A speed feat I have yet to see anyone in the entire Avatar verse either defend against or replicate. And no Carmilla's speed wasn't just for an artsy flashy feel, that's how fast she actually is. She's a vampire. And "humans" like Isaac and Sypha who are far more knowledgeable about how vampires operate and are equipped to deal with them because guess what? They live in a world filled with vampires.

B.) Again the Kyoshi Warriors don't even know that vampires and demons even exist because they never existed in the Avatar universe. Even if they get transported to the Castlevania universe how exactly would they know what to do against vampires and demons when

1. They're in an "alien" world

2. They don't know how the enemies they're fighting even operates (weaknesses, strengths, etc.)

3. They don't even have a defense against beings that utilize magic seeing as how magic also doesn't exist in Avatar. Nor do they have a grasp on how religious items have an effect on monsters.

C.) Korra maybe physical stronger than Sypha but that doesn't mean anything when Sypha's more intelligent than Korra and Korra has shown on multiple occasions to be outwitted by enemies. That'll be no different than how Sypha fights. And Alucard and Dracula's durability and strength feats are far above Korra's in everyway.

Training means nothing if you don't quickly adapt and adjust to your opponent. A constant thing Korra struggles to do as she's mostly an aggressive fighter that tries to overwhelm her opponent compared to Sypha who outmaneuvers and and outwitts them through versatility and creativeness.

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killianduclark:Even tho i'm still (Kinda) arguing for Korra, i very much disagree with the Kyoshi warriors being anything close to Syphas level as far as speed. Maybe in combat skill since they're better than most characters when it comes to that but theres really nothing else comparable between the two parties.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sypha is Sozins Comet level...Korra get that ass WAXED

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets put Korra against those high tier vampires and act like she can do better....gahdamm

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyways I still believe Korra comes out on top because while the skill gap between these two is wide, the power gap is wider.

All of Korra's top feats would be absolutely devastating to Sypha. And nobody is really taking account that Korra has the ability to asphyxiate people in an instance and transmute Sypha's ice shards into steam or water. They are relatively equal in speed but I'm willing to give Sypha the edge there because the people she fights are faster than the ones Korra faces.

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sypha is Sozins Comet level...Korra get that ass WAXED

do u care to elaborate?

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime: Has Korra actually asphyxiated someone before though? I don't recall her doing that in the series?

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a person who originally thought Sypha wins I instantly changed my mind when I remembered Korra can asphyxiate Sypha. Sypha is smart and more versatile but Korra has a lot of power as seen in her fight against Kuvira’s robot. Not sure who wind but I think hype got the better of me and I’ll have to retract/delete my “Sypha stomps“ statement/post.

lol yeah..

This is generally just a tricky question to answer because there's a notable feat for either of these ladies that would suggest that they'd dominate this fight. They're really similar and that's why i'm not particularly pressed about this fight.

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: like I said. This is a very close match

Reddsevil34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers