Sylvanas (Shadowlands) vs Lich King (Arthas)

Avatar image for thesupremebeing
thesupremebeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Anomalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Too soon. Blizz did Bolvar dirty :/

Arthas re-kills her though

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I don’t think Bolvar was ever anywhere near Arthas in power. He fought against the power of the Lich King within him, instead of embracing it like Arthas did.

I don’t think she could hope to beat Arthas.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Too soon. Blizz did Bolvar dirty :/

Arthas re-kills her though

@tparks said:

I don’t think Bolvar was ever anywhere near Arthas in power. He fought against the power of the Lich King within him, instead of embracing it like Arthas did.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Aristeaus  Online

Still probably Sylvanas. Lot of theories as to why she beat Bolvar to begin with, ranging from Shadowlands powerup, to deals with the old gods.

Her breaking the helmet pretty much puts her above LK, regardless of who it is.

Sazzmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still probably Sylvanas. Lot of theories as to why she beat Bolvar to begin with, ranging from Shadowlands powerup, to deals with the old gods.

Her breaking the helmet pretty much puts her above LK, regardless of who it is.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No one can beat Sylvanas

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Co-Boss

Wait, how the fuck did sylvanas beat a lich king? I know he didn’t have frostmourne but it’s still a freaking lich king. Uh I guess until we have context then logically arthas should win as bolvar was a weaker lich king, but it wouldn’t surprise me if sylvanas gets a yet another amp or whatever

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bolvar was just a guy who became the lich cus of ''there must always be a lich king'' so to save the world from scourge killing everyone. Arthas on the other hand was the ''chosen one'' + the fact that he had Frostmourne would put him far above Bolvar.

Still very sad to see how they just killed off the lich king like that...

@co-boss said:

Wait, how the fuck did sylvanas beat a lich king? I know he didn’t have frostmourne but it’s still a freaking lich king. Uh I guess until we have context then logically arthas should win as bolvar was a weaker lich king, but it wouldn’t surprise me if sylvanas gets a yet another amp or whatever

Because she absorbed the power of an old God in BFA.

SwagPack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthas has Helm of Domination, Plate of the Damned, Frostmourne, Ner'zhul's powers, years and years of training under Muradin Bronzebeard and later under Uther.

I'd say he one-shots her. He is incomparably stronger than Bolvar, who is overall a big disappointment as a Lich King.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sylvanas probably stomps as of now tbh

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sylvanas.

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beyond_dreams: even if bolvar isn’t the chosen one the power of the lich king is still immense. Like sylvanas was literally stomped by arthas iirc and it looked like bolvar created a frostmourne type weapon for himself. Like he’s obviously weaker than arthas but damn.

I also did not know about the old god stuff, they are above the lich so I guess that makes sense.

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@co-boss:Yup anyone is without a doubt very powerful when taking on the role as the lich king. I do find it messed up that Sylvanas was able to destroy the helm of damnation, even if she has received a major amp from an old God she shouldn't be able to. The helmet was created by Kil'Jaeden, who basically has half the power of Sargeras.

Titans >>> Old Gods

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one can beat Sylvanas

Anyone at/above the power of an Old God would destroy her, and that's plenty of characters.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beyond_dreams: Kil'Jaeden is much weaker than Sargeras actually, Sylvanas breaking the Helm would only make sense if she got an amp from an Old God, since Old Gods >>> Kil'Jaeden(who created the Helm and LK)/Archimonde, or Queen Azshara, who could arguably be above any of Sargeras' minions. Helya even perhaps.

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soratoumiga: Kil'Jaeden has conquered countless of worlds. Old Gods doesn't have the feats to compare but I guess by statements the Old Gods should be on the eradar lords level but I seriously doubt that they would be above the right hand of Sargeras.

However, from my understanding Archimonde is more powerful than Kil'Jaeden. Kil'Jaeden was always the mastermind and Archimonde was the warrior.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beyond_dreams: Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde were always treated as equals when it comes to power, so they're roughly the same regarding that. Tho Kil'Jaeden was more intelligent indeed.

The Prophecy of C'thun stated that C'thun and an unnamed Titan died in their fight in Silithus, so they could be roughly on the same level, due to that. The Pantheon titans are probably stronger than those, but even they couldn't actually kill the Old Gods without destroying Azeroth itself, so I don't think Kil'Jaeden could really beat an Old God, C'thun, for example. Kil may have conquered entire worlds, but it was gradually.

Lsoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthas annihilates her still, her destroying the crown hardly matters for anything as we have no idea how durable the crown is anyway.

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

50/50 for me. they should be on the same level of power right now.

MrViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthas stomps.

so called lich king Bolvar coudnt even match unarmed Arthas, Arthas magic is alone enought to stomp bolvar and Sylvanas , with Frostmourne , its a mismatch.

jinndrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jinndrift
@deactivated-60f8725e36989 said:

Sylvanas good fight. People forget that most of Arthas power was the scourge, he isn't immensely powerful himself. Characters like Legion Illidan, Lei Shen, and Azshara would all make easy work of the Lich King in a 1v1.

Lich King fanboyism is cancer

None of those characters would make 'easy work' of Arthas in a 1v1. He'd push them to their limits for sure. Only Lei Shen would beat him (I think Azshara is horribly wanked). Arthas straight up has superior feats.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends. Who writes the fight? One of Sylvanas' simps at Blizzard?

@tparks said:

This. Plus lack of Frostmourne. Also, wasn't she amped during the fight with Bolvar?

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People forgetting death knight Arthas beat skull of Guldan amped Illidan. Before receiving the massive amp that is the LK. As the Lich king even the dragon flight leaders were worried they couldn’t beat him.

Arthas can beat peak sylvanas at his peak.

FalsePromise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In this battle, I think that it would be how they both use their powers. If this is just in raw power, I think that Arthas would win this easily. I don't think even Shadowlands Sylvanas is as powerful as LK Arthas. However, I do not think that raw power alone would decide this battle. Another factor that I would consider is their combat skills. While Arthas is a good fighter, I don't think he is on par with Sylvanas given that she has participated in the second war and her being significantly older. In terms of craftiness, I think they are about even

In the end, I would have to say that Arthas wins. Even though he is not as good as Sylvanas in terms of direct combat, he has more raw power and isn't a slouch in a swordfight himself. There is also the fact that Arthas singlehandedly wiped out an entire raid while Sylvanas did not. I mean, if she was capable of that, why didn't she just do it at any point in the game?

People forgetting death knight Arthas beat skull of Guldan amped Illidan. Before receiving the massive amp that is the LK. As the Lich king even the dragon flight leaders were worried they couldn’t beat him.

Arthas can beat peak sylvanas at his peak.

While I agree with the verdict, the statement that Arthas beat Illidan is wrong. It is true that Illidan was defeated in Icecrown but the Rise of the Lich King novel expanded on this battle. Illidan actually beat Arthas in the battle. The only reason Arthas still merged with Ner'zhul is because Illidan was being Illidan. Rather than finish the battle immediately, he decided to play with Arthas and Frostmourne took control of his body and cut Illidan up. There is also another factor that Ner'zhul was straight up powering Arthas like there's no tomorrow. If Arthas lost, Ner'zhul dies so he pretty much has to power up Arthas and yet, Illidan still nearly won. Sadly, I don't think was ever portrayed properly

heigara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthas was always stronger than sylvanas, whether lich king or not, he destroyed her and humiliated her completely, Bolvar is incompetent and whether lich king or not he was weak and Sylvanas had the help of the void lords so she defeted him, so its not really lich king vs sylvanas its who, arthas defeats her even without lk, but she defeats bolvar even as lk, and this is how it happened, in fact arthas would defeat both of them at same time