Sylar vs Magneto

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By kingkronos

@slayerking: LOL, all you've listed me is powers. Well, Magneto doesn't need to control time-space continuum, since he can move at high hypersonic speeds, and speedblitz Sylar before Sylar can even blink. His shields were able to withstand Thor's attacks, he can create wormholes, etc...... He operates on a much larger scale than Sylar.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By Shawnbaby

Magneto Murderstomps.

Dark_Magician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Dark_Magician

Magneto

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Bo88gdan

Magneto

slayerking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By slayerking

@kingkronos: so because Magneto can move really fast you think he can outrun a guy who can freeze time. You do know that when time is frozen no matter how fast you can move, you won't move relative to the guy controlling time right? And with time frozen, how exactly does magneto defend himself against massive amounts of electricity and fire? Even if you neutralize the time freezing, Sylar still has telekinesis that (as far as we can tell) has no limitations. Sylar also has the nuclear blast. And even IF Magneto finds a way to block all these attacks he still suffers from getting tired after using his powers to that magnitude for any kind of a decent duration. However Sylar's powers don't seem to drain him at all, and even if at one point they did, since he has instant healing abilities he also has practically endless endurance. Magneto at the best could escape with his life. Also, since Sylar's telepathy works completely different than any X-man's telepathy, it stands to reason that Sylar might be able to penetrate Magneto's mind and trap him in a nightmare, or just shut his mind off completely, turning him into a drooling, senile, old man. I don' see how Magneto has a chance at even surviving, let alone killing Sylar.

slayerking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By slayerking

@Movie: No. I don't even know who spike is.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By kingkronos

@slayerking: That's not my point. Magneto can speedblitz, he can kill Sylar before he can move or freeze. Sylar's powers will literally do nothing to Magneto since he has forcefields who have tanked Thor's blasts, and Sylar's TK isn't limitless, of course he has limits. Magneto operates on a much larger scale, and he can just create a wormhole, he's way beyond Sylar's level.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#208  Edited By YoungJustice

Sylar, I dont see how he can get past that regeneration.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto, I don't see how he can get past that regeneration.

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By The_Roman

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Wait, what?

Are you saying Sylar or Magneto wins?

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By BMEZY

0.o magneto speedblitz now?? is that even in his M.O?? It seems so out of character for mags to do this..more than likely, he will underestimate Sylar..he does this quite a bit.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By DocFatalis

@BMEZY said:

0.o magneto speedblitz now?? is that even in his M.O?? It seems so out of character for mags to do this..more than likely, he will underestimate Sylar..he does this quite a bit.

I love Mags, but unless he knows what he is facing, you might well be right.

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Cybrilious4

Slyer Murder Stomps, this is worse than Aunt May vs the Incredible Hulk

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Shawnbaby

Sylar has no feats that suggest he can handle a Powerhouse like Magneto.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#215  Edited By Strider1992

What version of Sylar? Thats the key to the answer.

The_Gravix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By The_Gravix

I've lurked around and read many dumb arguments in threads. I've just read this entire topic and no one has debunked what was said in the first 5 pages. Until someone has actually provided some additional evidence to sylar's abilities as to how exactly he gets past Magneto's defenses, he loses. Going back and forth by saying the same thing in a different way doesn't help very much.

castlemanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By castlemanic

I like Sylar a lot more than i do magneto, but all signs point to magneto winning.

Sylar's intuitive aptitude has been shown as being powerful enough to fully analyse someones power within a few seconds (albeit a future version of Sylar). He has the ability of gaining someones power by simply staring at them (shapeshifting, electrokenesis and empathy), making the helmet useless in that regard. Regeneration puts him at an advantage over magneto (regeneration capable of withstanding nuclear blasts). Electrokenesis would probably hurt him more than help him. I dont know how magneto could react to sound manipulation, so that ones up for debate. disintigration wouldn't be fast enough under *any* circumstances, and transmutation requires physical contact. And i dont know about magneto being able to deflect a telekenetic field with a magnetic field, so on that front Sylar has an advantage.

However, Magneto has two things that utterly blows away anything that Sylar can do.

1. Magneto's raw power is mightier than all the powers of all the different Sylars combined. No debate there.

2. Magneto (as i learned from reading this thread) can react at [i]mach 2[/i]. Sylar is fast, knows how to hide around the environment and stuff, but that can't compare to a guy who can react that fast.

The only ways Sylar would win is if the battlefield has zero metal (Even then, magnetos been shown to manipulate the iron inside a person's bloodstream in the movie, and i'm sure comic magneto is far more powerful than that.) or Sylar obtains Magneto's power faster than magneto can react, and nothing points to Sylar gaining an ability instantaneously. The fastest we've seen was when he was getting hot with the carnie in season 4, and that required intimate contact and about a quarter of a minute. Nothing indicates that he could do it instantaneously and at a distance. So in a firefight, Magneto wins, but doesnt necessarily kill him (due to regenerating powers). However, if magneto were to acquire enough intelligence before facing sylar (or even afterwards, assuming he didnt kill sylar by pure chance in round 1), magneto has every advantage needed to kill sylar quickly and brutally.

More than enough evidence for Magneto to best Sylar in almost every scenario *except* when Sylar has magneto's ability. And every scenario that results in Sylar gaining magneto's ability is unrealistic at best. Probably the only other scenario would be if Sylar managed to defeat the majority of mutants in the world and steal their powers, even more unlikely than Sylar stealing magnetos power.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#218  Edited By Floopay

Magneto curbstomps Sylar.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#219  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By ShadowPro

sylar wins with no problem, he can easily cut his brain without open his head with surgical presion lit

ultron2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By ultron2099

The power of Magneto.

He took the molecularly bonded adamantium out of Wolverines bones, liquefied it and ripped it through his pores.

Magneto pulls satelites out from orbit and uses them as artillery.

HE CRASHED ASTROID M BECAUSE HIS ACOLYTES FAILED HIM!!

With some help from Professor X and mainly out of hatred for being ignored he BREACHES GALACTUSES SUBCONCOUS MENTAL DEFENSES.

He paralyzed every single student of Professor X and all his teams simultaneously just so he could have a 'chat' with Xavier.

He made wasp a comb from the iron in the atmosphere while on an alien world!!!

THAT is who sylar is up against.

An individual who can manipulate the some total of the Earth's entire electro magnetic field to his whim.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By TheDude123

Magneto for certain.

slayerking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultron2099:Those are some very impressive feats. However I don't think anyone has stopped to think yet about Sylar's ability to stop time. If we are talking about Sylar at his prime, that is. It seems only reasonable to only consider the strongest form of Sylar to match up against Magneto. The strongest form of Sylar is from the future and is able to do many more things than the version of Sylar I think everyone's been talking about. This version of Sylar could give superman a run for his money. And although many powers are added when you consider this form the only one that really matters on a large scale is time manipulation. Magneto can control atoms and molecules and do all kinds of crazy stuff with them. However Magneto cannot control time. If Sylar freezes time he can quite easily defeat Magneto as well as virtually any other being who doesn't possess time-manipulation abilities. If you are talking about a weaker form of Sylar then Magneto would definitely win at least 8/10 times but probably more like 99.9999/100.

shenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Magneto is just to good

DarkEcIipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it were up to me putting a super hero serial killer that's been only around for a few years against Marvel and DC characters that have been around for years is a bit unfair. Putting aside the fact he might be underpowered in experience and raw power, doesn't necessarily mean he is weak and has no chance against the entire DC/Marvel Universe. The guy is pretty manipulative and has a twisted mind. He is not dumb enough to reveal himself to Magneto and the Justice League and go in a brawl with them, it's not his style. He would most likely pretend to be all innocent or assume another's identity picking them one at a time, gaining more powers and then eventually proceeding against the more powerful mutants/super powered humanoids.

Either way it be a very interesting story to see him in the Marvel/DC Universe. To him it be a all you can eat buffet :D

I'd also think Eric would try and get Sylar to join his side. He probably see him as an asset. He doesn't have to kill people he just likes doing it.. pretty sick habit I know. To be honest I'd think Sylar would be a pretty great threat to all of them. The guy was created after all to be a "Super Hero Serial Killer" that's pretty scary. The guy is essential a plague to anyone that is "special" In any case I'm hoping the good guys beat him. He might be a badass, but he's one sick puppy that has changed his genetic DNA way too many times and it's messed him up.

I'd think he'd stand a chance anyways. I'm pretty sure that he hasn't unlocked his full potential with many of his powers; telekinesis being one of them. Only so much you can do with effects on a TV series. And getting facts to backup what he can do with most of his powers end up getting cut short. I was really annoyed I never got to see his fight with Peter. But I just let my imagination go crazy when watching those lights flash like crazy behind that door ;P

Got to be a Draw for me. However he would lose if he was careless, which I know he isn't.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By X_insignia1

Magneto

moreover I don't think Sylar can absorb magneto's powers, for one he's a different variation of "evolved human"

From what I've seen sylar can only duplicate the only the abilities of evolved humans. I'm inclined to think that "their" gene differentiates from the "x-gene"

DarkEcIipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_insignia1: Well it's a total different Universe/Earth. Different rules apply, but I just assume they are about the same in a genetic level. If you go on saying he can't understand how their power works because they are not human makes little sense to me. He can understand how mechanical clocks function (how things work), why would a slightly different strain of DNA confuse him?

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_insignia1: Well it's a total different Universe/Earth. Different rules apply, but I just assume they are about the same in a genetic level. If you go on saying he can't understand how their power works because they are not human makes little sense to me. He can understand how mechanical clocks function (how things work), why would a slightly different strain of DNA confuse him?

Because his powers are akin to duplicating the biological functions of his kind, or species at least. Think of how the x-gene differs from the deviant gene.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a different strain of dna would mean a significant amount of evolution and in the marvel verse, mutants appeared because of the experiments of the celestials to humans. the heroes universe were merely evolving humans that were not tampered by an alien technology.

kelvinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sylar can see the future so he can win this with prep.

DarkEcIipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By DarkEcIipse

@kyrees said:

a different strain of dna would mean a significant amount of evolution and in the marvel verse, mutants appeared because of the experiments of the celestials to humans. the heroes universe were merely evolving humans that were not tampered by an alien technology.

Wait a minute I thought mutants from marvel were evolved as well? If they originally got their powers from some outside influence/genetic manipulation wouldn't that mean their powers are synthetic? AKA they are not natural just meta-humans? Damn I'm so confused.. Forgive me.

Anyway back to why Sylar can't absorb/understand or use empathy on others cause they are not of the same species just defeats the whole purpose of cross- fiction. He seems to be able to mimic/copy dna just like Peter, just a different way of doing it. If Sylar can't use intuitive aptitude you are essentially gimping him. It's like me saying Rogue can't steal Dr Who's regenerative abilities cause he is too alien?

No Caption Provided

@x_insignia1 said:

Because his powers are akin to duplicating the biological functions of his kind, or species at least. Think of how the x-gene differs from the deviant gene.

"The mutant ability to absorb the psyche and abilities of another human being (or members of some sapient alien races)" So Marvel can do it? But Heroes and any other super powered genre can't? And evolved humans from Heroes have advanced genetic mutations that give them their powers as well. Whether or not some "God" gave them their gifts or if it was just natural evolution is unknown. I bet on the latter though..

Just like to add that Sylar manages to understand almost any complex structure. The more complex the more time he requires to study it. You could have argued the x-gene is so complex it may take Sylar a long time to acquire said ability. That to me makes more sense.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

Wait a minute I thought mutants from marvel were evolved as well? If they originally got their powers from some outside influence/genetic manipulation wouldn't that mean their powers are synthetic? AKA they are not natural just meta-humans? Damn I'm so confused.. Forgive me.

Anyway back to why Sylar can't absorb/understand or use empathy on others cause they are not of the same species just defeats the whole purpose of cross- fiction. He seems to be able to mimic/copy dna just like Peter, just a different way of doing it. If Sylar can't use intuitive aptitude you are essentially gimping him. It's like me saying Rogue can't steal Dr Who's regenerative abilities cause he is too alien?

No Caption Provided

@x_insignia1 said:

"The mutant ability to absorb the psyche and abilities of another human being (or members of some sapient alien races)" So Marvel can do it? But Heroes and any other super powered genre can't? And evolved humans from Heroes have advanced genetic mutations that give them their powers as well. Whether or not some "God" gave them their gifts or if it was just natural evolution is unknown. I bet on the latter though..

Just like to add that Sylar manages to understand almost any complex structure. The more complex the more time he requires to study it. You could have argued the x-gene is so complex it may take Sylar a long time to acquire said ability. That to me makes more sense.

Which is my initial argument, regardless in the heroes verse it has been shown that some evolved humans acquired their abilities through synthetic means (Nathan) while others didn't. However in the marvelverse its been specifically stated that x-genes are inherited, and not created. You can't honestly assume that Sylar can duplicate Magento's complex DNA structure. Moreover Sylar has not displayed anything close to planetary feats while magneto has. Magento's abilities are also more concise, and his feats more impressive.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By kyrees

@darkeciipse: while the celestials did tamper with humans to give them the x -gene, it happened in thousands of years in the past that evolution has already taken over what the celestials initially gave. that thousands of years of evolution has wielded mutants that can manipulate something to anything on a global scale at a minimum and such mutants would have far more complex dna structures than what sylar has currently seen.

intuitive aptitude doesn't turn sylar similar to an omniscient being. he still needs to understand what he sees and he will see a thousand or so years worth of dna evolution that was originally tampered by a technoligically superior alien race.

DarkEcIipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees:

Thanks for clearing that up. And I do agree on the global scale thing, I always tell myself they could do more things with their powers if the writers did it, but we wouldn't see it on screen. Budget restraints damn you!. We only see a few of them doing something more than the basic things of their abilities, but can't change that unless they expand on them (new writers/comics).

@kyrees said:

intuitive aptitude doesn't turn sylar similar to an omniscient being. he still needs to understand what he sees and he will see a thousand or so years worth of dna evolution that was originally tampered by a technoligically superior alien race.

I never said he was Odin the All-father all knowing and seeing. But he can still understand it, it's not impossible. His only ability and key function is to work out a jigsaw puzzle and instantly understand how it works. I'm just quoting what it does, I'm not the writer of this fiction. Heroes verse probably has at least of 5000-10,000 years or more of genetic mutations (if we are talking about earth). Just because a group of Prometheus engineers did an experiment, doesn't really matter that much. All dna is very complex, especially when it has had time to mutate over a few millennia, just look at our own.

He still needs to kill magneto first to study it (no easy task) unless he uses his Empathic version. And if we make it that this x gene is a magical needle in a haystack, he still has an eternity to work it out.

@darkeciipse said:

@kyrees said:

Which is my initial argument, regardless in the heroes verse it has been shown that some evolved humans acquired their abilities through synthetic means (Nathan) while others didn't. However in the marvelverse its been specifically stated that x-genes are inherited, and not created. You can't honestly assume that Sylar can duplicate Magento's complex DNA structure. Moreover Sylar has not displayed anything close to planetary feats while magneto has. Magento's abilities are also more concise, and his feats more impressive.

Well they kinda were created if you count the "Alien God" part but after reading Kyrees explanation I agree with him. Why can't I assume? I thought this was a friendly debate forum about fiction? Not the one truth above all else. I'm trying to persuade you with my arguments as you are with me (which is fair and the whole point) you can't force acceptance of your ideas by saying mine holds less value than yours.

You assume that said he and presumable others that have ability's that mimic/absorb powers similar to marvels can't absorb or copy in anyway because their dna is too complex. Sylar's power key function is to surpass that complex obstacle that would stump genetic scientists. Saying he can't use it because it's even more complex than complex is ridiculous. The guy can create/alter his own dna? Don't ask me how, that's just what his power does. To sum up Sylar he is basically a super powered self genetic engineer that can learn complex things naturally.

The last part I can't do anything about. Unless they make a movie or comic with Sylar expanding on his telekinesis on the level of the Phoenix/Jean Grey. Would Teds power count as planetary? If Sylar got ando's supercharge he could possible turn Teds power into a supernova or something at least big enough to blowup a planet. I always wondered how heroes verse Earth blew up, that could explain it or Samuel power did it after too many evolved humans were created. Anyway he could supercharge all his powers and that make him close to marvels feats. The other reason why they are not all fancy is probably because of the writers and again you can't do anything about that unless they continue on what they made.

Going to close my debate about if he could gain powers from other superhero verses. This however is not my belief and I think he should be allowed to use his fiction power in the same way as any other crossover.

Cheers for the debate :D

Avatar image for deactivated-6030536d76c91
deactivated-6030536d76c91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa this is almost 6 years old lol

DarkEcIipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By DarkEcIipse

@catalina_liafador:

Yep, sorry. I just got into watching Heroes again and Marvel/DC. Saw this ancient debate and didn't want leave out my opinion.

Loading Video...

If it happened I would buy 2 tickets to watch it in a heart beat. And even if Sylar managed to kill half of them and steal their powers as he does, the heroes/marvel would unite against him just like the heroes verse did to him. Being a Villain means you get your ass kicked in the end.. sucks but true. I think that's why he swapped teams ^_^

(edit) Nm found it.

Woodchuck799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Sylar has a further range of powers. I am sure in heroes Peter Petrelli resists sylar's telekinesis by using hisown while sylar had him pinned on a wall using his powers. What's to say the same can't happen here. If so then that power is ruled out and sylar still has many more to attack him with.