Sword Art Online vs Attack on titan

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KnightOfZero

"Ahh, it feels nice to relax every once in a while. I hope Asuna get back soon with the sandwiches" sighed Kirito as he relaxed under a tree. "You know, once you get passed the whole if you die in the game you die in real life, this game isnt half bad".

Suddenly, the sky goes dark

"what going on, today is supposed to be sunny", said kirito

But nothing could prepare him for what he saw

Hundreds of giant lumbering monsters comming towards him. they were like no creatures kirito had ever encountered. He stared in horror as they began to savagely devouter many innocent civilians

"Kirito!", shouted a familiar voice. Kirito turned to see a man in crimson red armor run to him.

"Heathcliff, whats going on? what are these monsters? I've never seen them before in the game"

"I don't know. I think someone on the outside must have hacked the system and added in a new monster. but we dont have time to stand and talk. We need to kill these titans before they kill everyone in the game" said Heathcliff

"Right, you take the 500 on the right i take the 500 on the left?" asked kirito

"That wont be necessary. I've managed to rally up the guild. We can stop this massacre here and now!" said Heathcliff as thousands of front liners emerged from behind him

"Right, then lets get started" said kirito.

Situation:

Sword Art:

• Kirito (has both weapons and is duel wielding)
  • Heathcliff (not immortal, no gm abilities)
  • All 4000ish people in sword art

No knowledge on the titans

Everyone is working together to take the titans down

Titans:

• 300 normal titans
  • 10 aberants
  • 1 armored titans
  • 1 colossal titan

blood lusted (but arent they always)?

Fight takes place in the Town of Beginnings, but player health can still drop to 0

50 titans are inside the city lumbering around while the rest are slowly approching the town.

the 4000 players are spaced evenly inside and around the city, a decent distance away from any titans.

If the players lose badly, then the situation changes to this:

Kirito is from Alfheim online (keeps his swords from SAO)

Heathcliff is the same

the 250 of the 4000 soldiers become salamanders from Alfheim and gain General Eugene with his sword

another 250 become Sylphs and they gain leefa

Can the players conquer the titans?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@flashgreatersigneveryone

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StrictlyAnime
Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strictlyanime: apparently even though it's not all green and cool looking, it still works o.o i know @flashgreatersigneveryone irl, and he's shown me the ugly tags i do, still showing up in his notifications

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strictlyanime

most titans in attack on titan are about 50 meters tall with the collosal titan being 200 meters. They can only be killed if you cut deep enough in a certain spot on the back of their neck. Titans can survive with their heads cut off and they can regenerate heads in about 1 minute (nullified if they get slashed in that one spot behind their back). they are very hard to hurt (can sustain repeated cannon fire) and the collosal titan can break though 8 meters of stone by running at it.

im sure there are more feats, but these are all i can think of at the moment

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay first off

Titan's can only be killed by being cut in one specific, aka the back of the neck so without knowledge this is gonna be a problem for the SAO also they have surprisingly good reactions show (able to catch human who are zipping around at high speeds.)

So until I see some SAO feats, Imma on Titans side.

Nightcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nightcraft

If this was played straight, it's just a bunch of giants eating kids in comas.

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was made pretty well! I'm estimating here but I think only 1000 out of the 4000 players in SAO are skilled. Sorts just cut it down more only 100 of those guys are experts. But the 3000 'noobs' will go down easily so let's drop them. The 1000 will probably take down 200 titans. So we have 100 experts left. They will take down 400 I think but will be overwhelmed. So we go Alfheim, and then I think they might be able to beat the titans.

SPICYGUSBUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SPICYGUSBUS

Alright, I'm giving it to the Titans, much as I love Kirito and Asuna.

It's easy to say "Oh sure, they are just killing a bunch of big ass zombies, Kirito's got it in the bag no problem - with his superior speed he can dodge any attack they throw at him ..."

Well....

I have little doubt that for most of the Titans, Kirito could, yes, jump very high and do a slice to the back of the neck. But its not like the titans are ambling slowly around the town - when they see prey, they chase it down, even if it means running each other over. The SAO players greatst weakness is not only (for the most part) an inability to reach the Titan's vulnerable spot but ALSO the fact that once they jump - they are committed to that jump. For instance, lets say Kirito makes the 50m leap (@knightofzero - your facts are incorrect, the collosal titan is about 150 ft or 50 meters tall, thats the tallest one) to slice the Collosal Titan. Unless he has his wings from Elf Online (which only last for ten minutes mind you) then once he jumps, HE HAS NO WAY TO DODGE A FIST/FOOT/MOUTH/WHATEVER the Titan's might use to swat him out of the air for an instakill. For this reason, if the big players START the fight WITHOUT wings, then SAO is fucked. They just don't have enough mobility to avoid Titan attacks while staying on the ground - thats the beauty of the 3D manuever gear, that extra plane of movement is invaluable.

There are other issues with an SAO victory too. We can't know this for certain, but the series hints that several of the aberants (like the collosal titan) are actually sentient (and maybe even human?) which gives them the intelligence factor to pick out the most powerful players and specifically target them for death.

I could go on, but I don't think its necessary.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spicygusbus

No Caption Provided

actually, collosal titans are 200 feet tall. 60 meters is roughly 200 feet (196 if we want to get picky).

i think the strength of the players can make a big difference. they can block hits from boss monsters that can otherwise oneshot players. plus the regen they have for their hp can allow for people to switch to take breaks or use a crystal or 2.

then if we throw in wings, that allows the players to move at hyper sonic speeds. if you have 500 players who can move that fast, the 10 minute timer doesnt seem like that big of a deal because most of the titans will be unable to block them, resulting in the deaths of most of the titans with few casualties on SAO's side

Also, welcome to the vine! :D

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The SAO players will be pushed back until they get their Alfheim abilities. The sacrifices made from hundreds of SAO players will most likely reveal the Titan's weakness. SAO's most powerful will more than likely survive till the weakness of the titans is revealed.

I see Kirito and his group zipping around at mach speeds, slicing necks. Don't forget they can use magic, become invisible, sense enemies before they come (I think only Kirito's partner can), and also Kirito's demon transformation

It really should be over quickly after they get their wings.

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The SAO players will be pushed back until they get their Alfheim abilities. The sacrifices made from hundreds of SAO players will most likely reveal the Titan's weakness. SAO's most powerful will more than likely survive till the weakness of the titans is revealed.

I see Kirito and his group zipping around at mach speeds, slicing necks. Don't forget they can use magic, become invisible, sense enemies before they come (I think only Kirito's partner can), and also Kirito's demon transformation

what?! there is no way they are gonna find out the titans weaknesses until like 90% of them are gone. and even if they do, the colossal titan can freaking teleport. the titans stomp both rounds..

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@flashgreatersigneveryone said:

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

what?! there is no way they are gonna find out the titans weaknesses until like 90% of them are gone. and even if they do, the colossal titan can freaking teleport. the titans stomp both rounds..

How exactly? These guys move at mach speeds. The OP states that if things get difficult for SAO they are allowed access to their ALO abilities while keeping their SAO weapons. Unlike Attack on Titan characters who are normal humans battling titans, SAO characters are superhuman. They don't require machinery to leap hundreds of feet and they are accustomed to using tactical plans and unlike some of the Attack on Titan soldiers, SAO fighter don't get overcome by fear because they've battled more fearsome creature on a daily basis.

SPICYGUSBUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry, uh @unbreakable_fs4 by "everyone" you just mean the very few most powerful characters like Kirito right..... Honestly most of the players can barely move at all. Magic has no effect on titans. You paid no attention at all to my comment earlier about how the lack of 3D maneuvering renders them worthless against titans. Staying on the ground is a really big weakness. Collosal titan is sentient and knows to cover his neck. We see this in the female titan later introduced in the series. (SPOLIER ALERT): Since the series has recently implied that collosal titan and armoured titan are actually people as well, and since SAO players have no way of knowing this, titans have complete element of surprize.

Most importantly, not knowing titan weak spots is pretty much a death sentence. Information is the most powerful tool you can have in battle.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@spicygusbus: I was never referring to everyone. While the other SAO players aren't as powerful as Kirito and Asuna, they are still stronger in every aspect than at least 95% of everyone in Attack on Titan and this advantage will be put to use when they get their wings. Also it's true that some titans are indeed smart and can attack the stronger SAO fighters but most titans are foolish and don't adapt well the changing situations. Also show me proof magic doesn't work on titans...I'm sure these fire attacks if aimed at the back of the neck it will do more damage than what the Attack on Titan fighters can do

(the video will start from 23 seconds, just watch to 31 seconds)

Loading Video...

This is how I see it playing out, they attack the titans and get little results, which results in some casualties but also finding the titans weakness. The massive casualties will then results in ALO abilities being allowed. This then allows for more range attacks which will allow for the titan's weakness to be exploited more easily. They have powerful fire magic on their side, including healing, illusions, invisibility, and a demonic sword that can phase through your defenses. Then add the fact that if they are at a high level they're damn near invulnerable due to instant healing. Also if the OP allows it, the Cait Sith race are beast tamers and can use them in battle

The only ones I see being a threat from the SAO/ALO players is the Colossal titan and the armored titian. I'm not too sure about the colossal titan's threat level though because it appeared to be pushed significantly by Eren and was forced to retreat even though Eren hadn't even kill a single titan yet. So in my opinion the one armored titan is the only issue here.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cjdavis103

Titans stomp thee is no way the players figure it out in one battle it took humanity Years on end and countless deaths to figure it out

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know a lot on AoT, yet know nothing of SAO. From what i've seen, none of them are taking out the armored titan. The weaker ones are gonna literally be stomped by the Colossal Titan. Their magic is gonna be enough to beat the regular titans though, or at least a decent chunk of them. The misconception of the titans is that they have infinite regen and stamina. Which they don't and cannonballs are used to dispatch them slowly because of this. Aberrants aren't all that useful, because for the most part, they're just on a different level of retardation compared to the others. Would like to see a bit more from SAO though.

Linestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Linestar

No matter what, unless they know about the Nape, the SAO guys are gonna get slaughtered in every situation. And why would the SOA guys ever attack the nape, it's such an odd place to attack, and even if they did it's not likely they would notice what they did. Titans are also very fast and stealthy as shown in the anime, able to pluck even experienced fighters as they zip through the air with their deadly mouth. I mean, the fact that this is in a big city is even better for the titans as they can use their stealth to their advantage. Sure the SOA guys have the home field advantage, but it doesn't really matter that much.

Even with the huge numbers difference, the titans will slaughter. The colossal titan on his own could just lay down and roll around the battlefield and kill thousands of people. The armored titan could easily just rush through the hoards of people and mush their guts across the turf under his feet. Add on another 300 "normal" titans (20 meters?) and 10 aberants to completely destroy any formations the SOA guys plan on making and it's as good as won for the titans.

Even the people in the walls, who have lived with them for a thousand years, are totally hopeless against them. Yes there is a vast difference in power, but they at least know how to kill them and are prepared for it.

So again, unless the SOA guys know of the nape, the titans will never die or tire, and the SOA guys will. Its really just a battle of attrition, in which case the titans will undoubtedly win.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With knowledge on how to kill titans, SAO can beat them.

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kirito solos AoTverse.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MetalJimmor

This is impossible to debate.

Kirito and his crew don't have durability feats. They have an HP bar and their enemies have damage points that do damage to the HP Bar. If a needle has higher stats than a greatsword the needle will do more damage. If they get hit by a nuke but it's damage number is a 4 then they survive without a scratch. This battle can't be debated unless we know the DPS and health pool of the Titans, which they don't have as they aren't video game characters.

In short; most of SAO's feats are game mechanics and thus inaccessible by forum rules. A game within a story is still a game.

OP needs to specify the Titan's damage output and how badly SAO's weapons will effect them.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Kirito wins every battle because he is Mary Sue.

Mary Sue powers>>>>>> omnipotence

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RandomSid82

I'd say SAO wins mainly due to their agility. They fight monsters all the time that are as strong and large as the Titan's. Granted, they don't have knowledge on the Titans, but it didn't take Kirito long to find weaknesses of other enemies he faced either.

Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how this battle is played out. I see SAO winning but it really can go either way.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how this battle is played out. I see SAO winning but it really can go either way.

azraelotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

SAO is a game like VR. It isn't real life.