SWJS Cere Junda, OWK Obi-Wan, and Rebel Ahsoka Vs. Darth Sidious (Disney)

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Palpatine against the "Vader Busters"*. Can they defeat him?

As to which iteration of Palpatine it is, whichever version yields the best/closest fight.

*And yes, I know technically only one of them actually beat him, but the other two did better than most others have and gave him good fights, so they're here anyway.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Vs.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Honestly. With the sheer force superiority Kenobi displayed over Vader, the team could probably overwhelm Sidious with the force. Kenobi could match Sidious in sabers alone being equal if not superior to windu. Team takes this

SunshineDobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd bet on the team against ROTS Sidious. Not sure about other versions.

WarStars1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cere lost Badly to Vader. She’s a non factor. Ahsoka couldn’t be Baylan. She’s a non factor. This turns into Obi vs Sidious. Sidious stomps.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warstars1977: baylon has no scaling to sidious so he isn’t a deciding factor in whether or not ahsoka is a factor.

ahsoka fought vader in a pretty good fight. she shouldn’t be a non factor, but she isn’t going to be the deciding factor either

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ieatnettles

Sidious stomps, however rots sidious gets stomped

WarStars1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: Baylan was part of the Jedi order during the prequel trilogy. If he was a prodigy or Anakin, Yoda level Force user, he would have come up. Yoda was the standard until Anakin arrived. Those were the top two. Those were the two that could challenge Sidious.

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RoTS Sidious wins 9/10, RoTJ 10/10.

This team isn't as good as the RoTS Strike team.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warstars1977: he is a retcon/ addition to canon. that logic doesn’t work with something like that. he is obviously very old and wise and skilled. his only feat is defeating (circumstantial) then stalemating ahsoka in combat. overall he is around ahsoka level which means he can give vader a fight.

Seemorebutts94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Seemorebutts94

This team should take it in a good fight.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cere lost Badly to Vader. She’s a non factor.

Wait? What... Did you not play the game or even watch the cutscenes?

Cere beat up on Vader. Had she not gone for the kill the way she did she would have won. Vader limped off afterwards. lol

At no point would anyone in their right minds say she lost "badly" to Vader.

WarStars1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warstars1977 said:

Cere lost Badly to Vader. She’s a non factor.

Wait? What... Did you not play the game or even watch the cutscenes?

Cere beat up on Vader. Had she not gone for the kill the way she did she would have won. Vader limped off afterwards. lol

At no point would anyone in their right minds say she lost "badly" to Vader.

Not my best claim. You’re right.

gioppy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every version of prequel trilogy sidious likely loses this. Kenobi alone would do very well against every version (except post order 66), adding the other 2 can definitely help him. ROTJ sidious wins cleanly tho. Probably even Rebels/ANH and ESB palpatine, but we don’t exactly now how powerful he got after ROTS and until ROTJ.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gioppy37: Sidious has feats in between 3 and 6, including scaling off of Vader, so I think we can gauge his power level.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus: I would say more she held her own for a good while, managed to damage him, and ultimately lost. I didn’t interpret it as any kind of easy win on either side.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaore said:

RoTS Sidious wins 9/10, RoTJ 10/10.

What are you basing that on? Only because I can't recall Disney Agen and Saesee doing much of anything. Kit fought Grievous and did well, but Disney Grievous is a jobber. Mace's buddies seem way, way less impressive and noteworthy in Disney Canon than in Legends.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus: I would say more she held her own for a good while, managed to damage him, and ultimately lost. I didn’t interpret it as any kind of easy win on either side.

I can get behind that. But, I was more talking about the wild claim that she lost badly to Vader... which is just patently not true ( and he recognized it, so all good ).

StarKillerGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've seen Kenobi and anyone else are enough for ROTS. Not sure if they can do much against ROTJ though

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kaore said:.

how is it not? Obi ragdolls Mace, Ahsoka ragdolls the other 4, frankly cere doesn't even need to do anything.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warstars1977: he is a retcon/ addition to canon. that logic doesn’t work with something like that. he is obviously very old and wise and skilled. his only feat is defeating (circumstantial) then stalemating ahsoka in combat. overall he is around ahsoka level which means he can give vader a fight.

Rebels Vader, ANH and Beyond fingerflick.

WarStars1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen said:

Rebels Vader, ANH and Beyond fingerflick.

But why? He was better than Ahsoka.

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maulsmacker: Thinking Obi-Wan ragdolls Mace is genuinely insane, and so far removed from the source materials' portrayal of the characters. Same goes for Ahsoka ragdolling a Jedi Councillor.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaore: ...this version of Kenobi rendered Vader helpless, who is a hell lot better than Mace.

WarStars1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gioppy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gioppy37

@kaore: but that's basically what would likely happen. Mace has no real feats in canon tbh...his only one got debunked by many sources stating that Sidious held back, and even if he didn't, prime Mace would just scale to pre order 66 palps, who is < Mustafar Kenobi (let alone OWK Kenobi post pit, who was able to beat Vader pretty convincingly). Yeah maybe ragdoll isn't the exact word if we are considering pre pit kenobi, but post pit has a good chance after seeing what he did to Vader.

OWK Kenobi (post pit) > MFK ∼ OWK Kenobi (pre pit) > ROTS Windu

StarKillerGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaore said:

@maulsmacker: Thinking Obi-Wan ragdolls Mace is genuinely insane, and so far removed from the source materials' portrayal of the characters. Same goes for Ahsoka ragdolling a Jedi Councillor.

Where do you hold OWK Vader compared to Mace?

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starkillergoat: Mace is a genuine peer of Yoda. Vader can compete but he's not on that level, especially during the time of OWK where his mentals aren't quite as solid as they are later on.

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kaore

@gioppy37: The "pre/post 66 Sidious" thing is basically headcanon. Sure, the dark side grew stronger across the course of RoTS but you can't quantify it to any major degree, people make out as if Sidious was pulling a Nihilus/Vitiate when that's just not the case.

Again, with "pre/post-pit". These aren't video game characters getting buffs at key plot points. Obi-Wan centered himself and focused on his mission, freeing himself of his doubt which led to his greater performance. He didn't get +5 Dexterity and +20 Force putting him ahead of Vader.

WarStars1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaore said:

@gioppy37: The "pre/post 66 Sidious" thing is basically headcanon. Sure, the dark side grew stronger across the course of RoTS but you can't quantify it to any major degree, people make out as if Sidious was pulling a Nihilus/Vitiate when that's just not the case.

Again, with "pre/post-pit". These aren't video game characters getting buffs at key plot points. Obi-Wan centered himself and focused on his mission, freeing himself of his doubt which led to his greater performance. He didn't get +5 Dextery and +20 Force putting him ahead of Vader.

I can get behind this.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaore said:.

Again, with "pre/post-pit". These aren't video game characters getting buffs at key plot points. Obi-Wan centered himself and focused on his mission, freeing himself of his doubt which led to his greater performance. He didn't get +5 Dexterity and +20 Force putting him ahead of Vader.

I mean, you just said a whole lot of nothing with this.

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maulsmacker: Respectfully so did you with that reply brother

gioppy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaore: you have many sources stating that sidious grew considerably after order 66, you have scans to back it up so it’s definitely not head canon.

“Obi Wan centered himself and focused on his mission, freeing himself of his doubt led to his greater performance” -> I’d honestly call it amp lol

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kaore

@gioppy37: A better mindset =/= an amp, I don't think it was a temporary thing and I don't think the difference between "pre/post pit" is that substantial. I see people make out like they're tiers apart and to me nothing reflects that view.

As for Sidious' growth, I find it unconvincing to say it's anything beyond marginal. The primary source material, the movies, don't reflect it whatsoever and his general combat performance prior to O66 isn't substantially different to afterwards. All of the scans I've seen are fluff text for card games and such, which just don't matter as much as the primary material.

I'm gonna need to see a demonstrable difference between "pre/post O66 Sidious" if I'm to buy into the idea, and I just don't.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaore: Fair, can you explain to me how exactly sud and Kenobi go from being completely overpowered by Vader in a force clash to rendering Vader helpless, if his force power did not increase.

Avatar image for notthegodmadara
NotTheGodMadara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMFAO Palpatine obliterates all of these dudes are weaker than pre prime vader

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maulsmacker: Let's take a similar example.

In RoTS, Darth Sidious catches Yoda point-blank with Force Lightning and renders him absolutely helpless. Yoda isn't able to dodge it in time, is flung back and stunned for a significant amount of time. Once Yoda recovers, he's then able to launch Sidious across the office and likewise, Palpatine is helpless.

Do you think Yoda gained an amp inbetween the time he was hit with lightning and pushed Palpatine? Did his force power increase?

No, it's just that relative peers in the Force are able to tag eachother, this has been an established thing for a while. Obi-Wan and Vader are comparable; we see this on Mustafar and again in their rematch.

If anything, the Yoda & Sidious exchange is far more extreme than the one with Kenobi and Vader. With Vader's Forcequake, he had at least tripped up Obi-Wan up with some debris first, and Obi-Wan only landed his Force push due to outmanuevering Vader in the duel creating the opportunity to land it, and then landed all the rocks while Vader was stunned. Yoda and Sidious straight up stood there taking turns in comparison.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaore: That doesn't work as an analogy at all.

Yoda and Sidious were equal the moment the fight started, they were both even so they show Sidious hurting Yoda with lightning and then Yoda returns the gesture with a Full Power Force Push, neither Yoda nor Sidious were fully on guard or in combat mode when they landed the respective surge of force lightning or the force push on each other, but the exchange shows us they're equal and the actual fight that follows? yet again, equal with Sidious having a edge.

this was not the case with the OWK fight, Vader and Kenobi went into a force contest, and Vader overpowered the full force power of MFK/Pre Pit Kenobi while talking and taunting, without any insane effort and tossed away the boulder MFK was exerting all his strength on, what followed was force abuse giving Vader the win, Vader and Pre Pit Kenobi are notrelative in force, Vader is considerably and decisively superior there, they're only relative in sabers.

but after the pit? Kenobi overpowers Vader in the force, he manages to even match his one arm's physical strength at points, he destroys Vader in the force when earlier Vader and him were equal in the force, this is not a Sidious vs Yoda situation, it's more akin to Anakin vs Dooku on Invisible Hand, or Luke vs Vader on the Second Death Star, but the difference here is even worse than those two encounters.

Kenobi goes from being destroyed in the force and decisively beaten and literally buried alive, to being stronger in the force than the person who just displayed considerable force superiority to him five minutes ago, and destroys his equal in saber combat, it's a clear amplification.

The_Nitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warstars1977:

Cere tagged Vader 4 times , so she didn't lost as badly you think .

That upscales bayeln lol

The team is too strong here so ROTS Sidious losess