Surtur Vs Thanos

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@firsthunter: You chose to answer the little thing that you could possible rebutt , relevancy it seems is only what you decide , and not that everyone else know it is and that is what furthers a debate , you only chose to mention one line

Its not speculation as its on panel clear as anything , it didn't have any other context or narration there's absolutely nothing to suggest multiple blasts

Price to me there was more then one , its been proven that there was at least one , due to the one hole , which would be sufficient in killing galactus

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By FirstHunter

@cull_obsidian said:

Its not speculation as its on panel clear as anything

It's clear there's one hole, but we don't know how many blasts it took to form this hole. Any estimate is speculation.

DeadStrike007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, this thread is a pure example of this website - the most common posters are either fanboys with no knowledge of the other side, the PIS claimers(lol, whether you like it or not, there is no such thing as PIS, these characters would not exist without there stories and plots. You think Deathstroke shaking off Superman is PIS?

TOO BAD, it still happened, and it will always have happened. So if you dont like the plots, get a scripting job and write your own canon. Till then, deal with it.) and you also have the poster who think they have knowledge of every uverse to date, due to their 20338399 posts and the big "MODERATOR" moniker slapped next to their username. Actual debates please? Not "Surtur doing such and such is PIS" . what happened to the real debates?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: I don't recall odin going full galaxy buster against thanos, which the latter wouldn't survive.

post #138

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadstrike007: Then there are the posters that like to put other people down and spot off nonsense and add absolutely nothing of relevance to the thread

Btw pis is absolutely a thing , go and read a story involving thanos written by bendis then try and say it doesn't exist

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: When black holes collaplse it happenes over hundreds of billions of years, but it's fiction so I guess the process was sped up somehow. But here's the thing, collapsing black holes release all their energy outside of their event horizon, someone inside the black hole wouldn't receive any of that energy, they would be hit with particles carrying negative energy, Thanos was inside the black hole IIRC so it's really a feat of negative energy resistance.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhoudini: Well like you said its fiction, yeah thats correct it was an artificial singularity device of thanos' own design , its collapse was almost immediate

They release some of their energy as hawking radiation, but due to the speed of collapse its energy didn't escape in the traditional way it as it didn't leave a trace

It all collapsed on Thanos' ship , the gravitational forces at play in the center of the hole would still be ridiculously powerful , and as I said before it collapsed and disappeared before the energy was released outside the horizon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: Well Hawking Radiation is the only known way for black holes to "collapse" (evaporate really), are you saying that just because it collapsed so fast it happened in some other unknown way? Wouldn't be far more reasonable to say Thanos somehow found a way to boost the production of Hawking Radiation instead of using some other completely unknown and speculative physical phenomenon to collapse the black hole?

The gravitational forces would be massive, actually they would be effectively infinite, black hole feats are largely unqualifiable since literally almost everyone souldn't be able to survive inside them. Characters much weaker and less durable than Thanos have feats of surviving black holes, size doesn't matter, past the event horizon it's all the same. Also, the energy doesn't travel from inside the black hole outwards, Hawking Radiation production is much more unorthodox, it generally has to do with the production of positive-negative particle pairs close or on the event horizon so it's not like the black holes releases energy from their singularity or whatever it's all done at the event horizon and radiated outwards.

Edit: Although the calc you showed is correct mathematically speaking, even if you were to accept it, which you shouldn't based on the nature of black holes, it still wouldn't be multi-galactic durability, it would be multi solar system.

DeadStrike007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By DeadStrike007

@cull_obsidian: ah yes, then the posters like you, who think they have a witty response, such a good witty response that they add a little joke at the end to top it off. Those posters like you give themselves a personal win, and become more and more of a legend in their own mind, or should i say, behind their own keyboard? Last time i checked, i wasn't talking to you with my last post, but now i am. PIS is not a thing, regardless of whether you like the story that was written or not. PIS is an excuse for lack of a better argument. PIS? So i guess if i get caught committing a crime, and get away because the cop wanted to finish his doughnut, its PIS right? If PIS exists then you can literally apply it to anything at anytime. "Thanos being the mad titan is PIS" These stories and plots are what makes the basis and backgrounds of these characters we love so much, they would not exist without. But i digress, because you are correct. This post is about Surtur and Thanos. Imo,

Surtur is basically the bringer of Ragnarok and destroyer of Odin. I honestly see this fight taking place outside of our dimension, because it would be PIS to have two characters such as them battle it out in our reality and not destroy everything that exists within it. My vote goes to Surtur, because he defeated Odin, and Odin defeated Thanos. There may have been some stipulations to that fight, as im sure fully powered odin would potentially beat them.I will say im not very well versed in Current thanos lore, save for Deadpool vs. Thanos, which is an entire comic of, what do you call it, PIS?

whose got your vote?

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surtur, while inferior to odin, gives him much more of a fight than thanos did

Thanos whould hold his own for a while, but surtur takes this

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surtur, while inferior to odin, gives him much more of a fight than thanos did

Thanos whould hold his own for a while, but surtur takes this

This!

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Surfer stomps him.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadstrike007: hi there, well, first off your response to me call you out on your silly comment could be applied to your initial comment , all you were doing was trying to provoke and antagonize people here

My response wasnt witty and I wasn't making a joke ,where was the joke ?? No you wasn't talking to me but why even bother to try and cause offence , maybe I shouldn't have replied ,but I did ,which it what you wanted

As for PIS I don't think you really understand it , ok a recent example of it is the thing knocking thanos down , when in his very first appearance with the thing he literallyknocked him out with a flick of a finger

The hate behind PIS and CIS/WIS for that matter is that it sometimes ignores continuity , and portrays a character incorrectly, such as where they don't use there powers the right way or beat characters much higher then them using a plot device

Your example is humorousbut bears no connection to the comic world , btw can you describe what you think PIS is just be for the sake of clarity , just to reiterate PIS goes directly against a characters long established feats and consistent showings

Be honest do you think that venom in any form could hurt thanos ? Well bendis had him hurt him recently , why ? For the plot , now that's plot induced stupidity

Well current thanos is in a bad state , he had god cancer that has weakened him tremendously and his son thanos just depowered thanos using the Phoenix force

I also think surfer but thanos when healthy won't go down with out a long hard fight (in another dimension of course ;))

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@princearagorn1 said:

@xlr87t3: I don't recall odin going full galaxy buster against thanos, which the latter wouldn't survive.

post #138

what about it?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By XLR87T3

@princearagorn1 said:
@xlr87t3 said:
@princearagorn1 said:

post #138

what about it?

I'll break it down for you: tanking a literal black hole is a multi-galaxy level feat. Thanos did just that.

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Tzimiscelord

@xlr87t3 said:
@princearagorn1 said:
@xlr87t3 said:
@princearagorn1 said:

post #138

what about it?

I'll break it down for you: tanking a literal black hole is a multi-galaxy level feat. Thanos did just that.

First, tanking a black hole is a multi planetary feat, not a galaxy feat, much less a multi galaxy feat

Second, even if we count that as a multi galaxy feat, thanos still loses hard, the flames of surtur could wipe 9 small universes at once (the ones from yggdrasyl) in a single strike, so even if we take your highball as true, that is still not enough, thanos would hold his own for a while, but he will lose 10 times out of 10, like he lost to Odin

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By destinyman75

Still Surtur too powerful

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@princearagorn1 said:
@xlr87t3 said:
@princearagorn1 said:

post #138

what about it?

the flames of surtur could wipe 9 small universes at once

That was with Twilight Sword or Fires of Creation. Surtur could never dream of destroying the 9 Realms without it.

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By FirstHunter

@deadstrike007:

and destroyer of Odin My vote goes to Surtur, because he defeated Odin

Not without amps. When they both fought unamped Surtur lost

Odin's first fight with Surtur in Tales of Asgard, Odin defeats Surtur comfortably with it being mentioned Surtur can't harm Odin.

Odin fights Surtur again in Thor #177, Odin is depowered but still wins

Odin also fought Surtur in Thor Volume 3 #7 and won via stabbing him in the throat

No Caption Provided

it would be PIS to have two characters such as them battle it out in our reality and not destroy everything that exists within it.

This is a joke right? Unamped these guys are not even close to Universe bustsers.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@xlr87t3 said:
@princearagorn1 said:
@xlr87t3 said:
@princearagorn1 said:

post #138

what about it?

1. That's a calc. Fan calcs don't matter.

2. He equated surviving the black hole to tanking it's mass energy - mass energy of the galaxy itself is still far more, so he still can't survive galaxy level attacks.

3. Use plain logic - he's telling you that surviving a black hole capable of wiping out everything two light years > an attack that destroy everything in over 50,000 lightyears. Even if you didn't know physics, you can clearly see the calc is flawed.

And again - fan calcs hold no value what so ever. thanos doesn't have any feats putting him even remotely near galaxy level - heck, putting his every single durability feat since his first appearance doesn't go near galaxy level. If we want to go by calcs, I can estimate and multiply mass energy of all stars in a galaxy and tell you how odin is > big bang because "calcs". But hopefully that won't be necessary.

Al-Capone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

surtur and odin are a league above thanos.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By XLR87T3

@xlr87t3 said:
@princearagorn1 said:
@xlr87t3 said:
@princearagorn1 said:

post #138

what about it?

1. That's a calc. Fan calcs don't matter.

2. He equated surviving the black hole to tanking it's mass energy - mass energy of the galaxy itself is still far more, so he still can't survive galaxy level attacks.

3. Use plain logic - he's telling you that surviving a black hole capable of wiping out everything two light years > an attack that destroy everything in over 50,000 lightyears. Even if you didn't know physics, you can clearly see the calc is flawed.

And again - fan calcs hold no value what so ever. thanos doesn't have any feats putting him even remotely near galaxy level - heck, putting his every single durability feat since his first appearance doesn't go near galaxy level. If we want to go by calcs, I can estimate and multiply mass energy of all stars in a galaxy and tell you how odin is > big bang because "calcs". But hopefully that won't be necessary.

1. Perhaps to you, but to many others on this site it matters greatly. We can talk all day 'till the cows come home, but you will find that folks here will eventually want something more concrete.

2. That is still not true. The mass-energy of a collapsing black hole with an event horizon of at least 2 light-year radius is still more than that of the entire local group of galaxies.

3. You can use an attack that can destroy a much larger area than 2 light years, but it doesn't mean it's more powerful than a black hole. Using your same logic, the more energy means the more powerful, and Thanos tanked that in full.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@xlr87t3:

Perhaps to you, but to many others on this site it matters greatly. We can talk all day 'till the cows come home, but you will find that folks here will eventually want something more concrete.

That is fine, by fan calcs thanos still can't tank odin's output. Fan calc of odin's output >> fan calc of thanos's durability feat. Odin's output >> thanos's durability feat. Either way, he wouldn't survive.

2. That is still not true. The mass-energy of a collapsing black hole with an event horizon of at least 2 light-year radius is still more than that of the entire local group of galaxies.

1. For one, mass energy doesn't even enter the picture, only the calc said it was released, the comic doesn't agree.

2. The calc directly assumes the event horizon is at 2 light years, which is false as well.

3. Don't worry. I got just the galaxy busting calc for you.

Mass energy of a single star like sun = 5.4×10^47 J.

Radius of galaxy is 1.3*10^7 times that of the sun. Considering a galaxy buster spends energy at around the same intensity everywhere, presumably in a spherical distribution across that volume, amount of energy released = 5.4*10^47 J *(volume the energy is spread in/volume of sun)

= 5.4*10^47 J * (radius ratio)^3

=5.4*10^47J * 2.2*10^21

=11.88*10^68J

Thanos barely survived the energy of 1.145044631e60 joules as per the calc in post 138, while galaxy busting is 1042000000 times that. Thus, calcs conclusively prove that thanos cannot survive even a millionth of galaxy busting attack.

3. You can use an attack that can destroy a much larger area than 2 light years, but it doesn't mean it's more powerful than a black hole. Using your same logic, the more energy means the more powerful, and Thanos tanked that in full.

Getting back to reality, it does - that's the best the black hole has done, and the attack has done more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lance_uppercut:

Squirrel Girl is a joke character and not meant to be taken seriously. She also defeated Dr.Doom by sending a bunch of squirrels to attack him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I already debunked that galaxy busting feat... even if we say it collapsed and all it's mass-energy was released Thanos received absolutely none, zero, because he was inside the black hole, when black holes "collapse" all the energy is released from the event horizon and then radiated outwards.

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I got the calc from here: https://forums.hero-academia.com/xfa-blog-entry/thanos-tanks-a-black-hole.17692/

It was made in 2012 by a very reputable user, but the comments lasted until 2014. If you've read the 2nd to last comment, apparently the OP/TC has already seen your argument, because he said (and I quote):

"I wish people would stop trying to come here and nitpick this calc since it's been accepted for years and every single challenge to it has been shown to be BS."

What I'm trying to say is that I don't think it's likely your point hasn't been debunked before on that page, and if I'm wrong about that then...you're basically a prophet from god or something 'cause that crap should not have gone on that long.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstaroblivion said:

Surtur appears to be at least as powerful as Odin.

He isn't, given Odin's feats and their fights.

Sure. By feats, Odin is superior in every way. Writer's seem to think them in fairly even terms. IIRC, didn't Surtur kill Odin in issue 40, volume 2?

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firsthunter said:
@blackstaroblivion said:

Surtur appears to be at least as powerful as Odin.

He isn't, given Odin's feats and their fights.

Sure. By feats, Odin is superior in every way. Writer's seem to think them in fairly even terms. IIRC, didn't Surtur kill Odin in issue 40, volume 2?

Not really. Odin has defeated Surtur numerous times and when Surtur killed Odin he had the Twilight Sword.

jao48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could Thanos do it with one of the Infinity Gems?

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

surtur and odin are a league above thanos.

Knowedgablea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surtur snaps his fingers. Thanos disappears.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surtur.

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inside: This thread was made 8 years ago, Its possible that poster does not post here anymore.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thanos

maxxc10X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None cares the battle of these two planet busters weaklings

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure how Surtur doesn't stomp here

pansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By pansito

surtur

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'll do a Surtur vs Thanos CaV when I'm finished with Thanos vs Odin which will mean in less than hundred years

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#244  Edited By KrleAvenger

Surtur wins 10/10. Don't see him stomping tho.

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Inside

@tethadam: and that post was made 8 MONTHS ago. :/

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure how Surtur doesn't stomp here

Cuz future thanos killed surtur and normal thanos hurt future thanos so there4 normal thanos blitz stomps.

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin >>> Thanos

Surter beats thanos as well

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers