EPIC

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the creator

Well we know Odins power trumps Thanos's. 
Although Surtur is not as variable with his power as Odin, I'm backing him to win a his raw power is approx equal to Odins.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By geraldthesloth
@"Colossus" said:
" EPIC "
fail
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By stevon

Thanos gets exhausted, he won't live because someone probably won't come in and interrupt the fight like with Odin vs. Thanos.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Klandicar

No Caption Provided
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Klandicar:
why would you post a pic of him with the HOTU?
Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Samurai X
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Klandicar: why would you post a pic of him with the HOTU? "
Dude for the love of god, don't bother
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the creator
@DC_Marvel_1000: 

As Samurai X said, don't bother. 
If he cannot be bothered to do anything supportive to the discussion, ignore him.
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By stevon
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@Klandicar: why would you post a pic of him with the HOTU? "

pretty sure he's giving it to him in this fight. He thinks that because the OP didn't specifically say he couldn't have power ups is a way of saying he could just go grab a cosmic cube or something.
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stevon
@Klandicar:
why does he win?
Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Superparody
@the creator said:
"If he cannot be bothered to do anything supportive to the discussion, ignore him. "

No Caption Provided
Wise advise
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Klandicar
@stevon said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
pretty sure he's giving it to him in this fight. He thinks that because the OP didn't specifically say he couldn't have power ups is a way of saying he could just go grab a cosmic cube or something. "
Let's not blame the OP.  It is up to Surtur to stop Thanos from bringing one of his Universe busting toys.  The way I see it is Surtur failed to limit Thanos's accessories.  Failure is weakness and weakness must be culled.
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By stevon
@Klandicar:
didn't Thanos destroy the HOTU after restoring the Marvel U?
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Klandicar
@stevon said:
" @Klandicar: didn't Thanos destroy the HOTU after restoring the Marvel U? "
Heh, I wasn't saying he needed the HOTU for this, we all know he'd stomp this up with the Infinity Gauntlet, the Cosmic Cube, or just the power gem to give him a little boost since Thanos is equal to Odin at base levels.  With prep Thanos would humiliate any marvel character since he beat the whole Universe multiple times.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Klandicar:
yes since the OP said he has those things and he has them on him at all times, get a grip those are STORY arcs and those lost all those items after they were done, thanos dies here
glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By glforthewin
@Klandicar: do you have prof of any of what you're saying? 
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the creator
@Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:
Heh, I wasn't saying he needed the HOTU for this, we all know he'd stomp this up with the Infinity Gauntlet, the Cosmic Cube, or just the power gem to give him a little boost since Thanos is equal to Odin at base levels.  With prep Thanos would humiliate any marvel character since he beat the whole Universe multiple times. "

Try to make a case without breaking the concept. 
There is no mention of additional gear. 
For many battles, unless they list something, ots an unplanned encounter. 

So use just plain Thanos for the fight.
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By stevon
@Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:
Heh, I wasn't saying he needed the HOTU for this, we all know he'd stomp this up with the Infinity Gauntlet, the Cosmic Cube, or just the power gem to give him a little boost since Thanos is equal to Odin at base levels.  With prep Thanos would humiliate any marvel character since he beat the whole Universe multiple times. "

If you're talking about equal in base levels, do you mean they'd stalemate? Or just equal in terms of potential? 

The OP just said "epic", I think if he wanted to give Thanos something he would've specified in the title, like "Thanos w/ power gem vs. Surtur" but he did not. With "Thanos vs. Surtur" it is just assumed that it's regular Thanos with regular stuff vs. regular Surtur with regular stuff. In that case, Thanos wouldn't win.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn
Surtur wins here... he has more raw power than Thanos
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn
testing 1,2,3...
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Klandicar
@stevon said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:
If you're talking about equal in base levels, do you mean they'd stalemate? Or just equal in terms of potential?  The OP just said "epic", I think if he wanted to give Thanos something he would've specified in the title, like "Thanos w/ power gem vs. Surtur" but he did not. With "Thanos vs. Surtur" it is just assumed that it's regular Thanos with regular stuff vs. regular Surtur with regular stuff. In that case, Thanos wouldn't win. "
Thanos wouldnt come to a gunfight with a knife.  He has outfoxed beings stronger than Surtur and he'll bring an equalizer to the table in this fight.  I have 100% confidence in the Mad Titan's cunning.  You boys just dont know Thanos like I know him, I suggest you pups read up.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Klandicar:
so he's going to.....without prep........get all the gems,or find the cosmic cube.....or rebuild the HOTU? yea THAT makes sense
Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dro
@Klandicar said:

" @stevon said:

" @Klandicar said:

" @stevon said:

If you're talking about equal in base levels, do you mean they'd stalemate? Or just equal in terms of potential?  The OP just said "epic", I think if he wanted to give Thanos something he would've specified in the title, like "Thanos w/ power gem vs. Surtur" but he did not. With "Thanos vs. Surtur" it is just assumed that it's regular Thanos with regular stuff vs. regular Surtur with regular stuff. In that case, Thanos wouldn't win. "
Thanos wouldnt come to a gunfight with a knife.  He has outfoxed beings stronger than Surtur and he'll bring an equalizer to the table in this fight.  I have 100% confidence in the Mad Titan's cunning.  You boys just dont know Thanos like I know him, I suggest you pups read up. "
You ever read the battle thread rules? It'd be a good thing to catch up on. Here's the link.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/comicvine-101-battles/414777/#39
glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By glforthewin
@Klandicar: no he won't because it's just him fighting surtur and he'd loose. surtur would turn him into purple jelly  
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Klandicar
@glforthewin said:
" @Klandicar: no he won't because it's just him fighting surtur and he'd loose. surtur would turn him into purple jelly   "
Odin couldnt do anything to Thanos, what makes you think Surtur would?  Especially if Thanos knew he was fighting Surtur in advance, then it'd be like that time Thanos humiliated Galactus, actually, it'd be even worse since Surtur is no Galactus.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Power NeXus
@Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:
Thanos wouldnt come to a gunfight with a knife.  He has outfoxed beings stronger than Surtur and he'll bring an equalizer to the table in this fight.  I have 100% confidence in the Mad Titan's cunning.  You boys just dont know Thanos like I know him, I suggest you pups read up. "

Same arguments you used in "Bane vs Rhino". "I refuse to believe my guy would be dumb enough to go into any fight without extensive prep, so I will base my entire argument over the idea that he does have extensive prep, even though no mention of prep time in the OP is supposed to be taken to mean that there is no prep time."
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
pretty sure he's giving it to him in this fight. He thinks that because the OP didn't specifically say he couldn't have power ups is a way of saying he could just go grab a cosmic cube or something. "
Let's not blame the OP.  It is up to Surtur to stop Thanos from bringing one of his Universe busting toys.  The way I see it is Surtur failed to limit Thanos's accessories.  Failure is weakness and weakness must be culled. "
Isn't that what Apocalypse said when he curb stomped Stryfe?
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Klandicar
@Power NeXus said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:

Same arguments you used in "Bane vs Rhino". "I refuse to believe my guy would be dumb enough to go into any fight without extensive prep, so I will base my entire argument over the idea that he does have extensive prep, even though no mention of prep time in the OP is supposed to be taken to mean that there is no prep time." "
Thanos always has something in store for his enemy though.  I never saw a poor showing from the Mad Titan even when he is outmatched.  Surtur is good, hes another Odin level opponent, but it looked like Odin couldnt put Thanos down at all...what makes you think it will keep Thanos down?  He just kept tanking and tanking Gungir until Odin gave up.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:
We apparently also don't know our crack dealers like you do.
Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dro
@Klandicar said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:

Same arguments you used in "Bane vs Rhino". "I refuse to believe my guy would be dumb enough to go into any fight without extensive prep, so I will base my entire argument over the idea that he does have extensive prep, even though no mention of prep time in the OP is supposed to be taken to mean that there is no prep time." "
Thanos always has something in store for his enemy though.  I never saw a poor showing from the Mad Titan even when he is outmatched.  Surtur is good, hes another Odin level opponent, but it looked like Odin couldnt put Thanos down at all...what makes you think it will keep Thanos down?  He just kept tanking and tanking Gungir until Odin gave up. "
Two words. Squirrel Girl.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Klandicar:
again your acting like thanos has PREP for the fight and he does not, for these fights they are jusr dropped off in the middle of a area and told to fight, no prep at ALL, also thanos got his a$$ kicked by odin.
glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By glforthewin
@Klandicar: the fact that it took odin, thor girl and thor to beat surtur makes me think that. does it say prep in the op.? no? than thanos doesn't have it.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By King_Saturn
how is it that an entire site of people who read comic books dont know anything about Thanos like Klandicar does ?  
usually when one person claims to have extensive knowledge on a character... and oh I dont know 10 - 15 people object to 90 percent of what this special person says or thinks about this character... I would think that this special person is simply fooling himself... and isnt quite as informed on his special character as he once may have thought... 
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By stevon
@Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:

How's he able to pull it off without prep? The IG can't be assembled and the Gems are in the care of the Pet Avengers last time I checked (they fought off a Thanos clone in one of the issues). Regardless, Thanos would require prep time to get whatever he is going to get. THe OP didn't say he had any, so how is he going to bring something to the fight besides the tech. that's usually on his person?
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Power NeXus
@Klandicar said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:

Thanos always has something in store for his enemy though.  I never saw a poor showing from the Mad Titan even when he is outmatched.  Surtur is good, hes another Odin level opponent, but it looked like Odin couldnt put Thanos down at all...what makes you think it will keep Thanos down?  He just kept tanking and tanking Gungir until Odin gave up. "

As I said, you are simply choosing to assume he has prep time, even though no mention of prep by the OP should be taken to mean that there is no prep.
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By stevon
@Klandicar said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:

Odin didn't give up, the fight was interrupted, and Odin was told of the real situation, so he stopepd fighting Thanos. 

Besides, at the end of the fight Odin didn't have a scratch on him. He  just a little peeved. Thanos was struggling to get up, and he was only ready to fight at the end because he felt he had to. Just because thanos didn't yield doesn't make him the winner of the fight. Odin was putting Thanos down, and Thanos himself couldn't do the same to Odin.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@King Saturn:
i know my spawn though right........right????????
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Klandicar

Still standing while Odin is in a hurry to call the fight off.

No Caption Provided
Still standing when Odin wants to call it off again...
No Caption Provided

Last words of the fight were

Odin: Do you yield, villain?
Thanos:  NO!

Thanos ready to fire off another energy blast on an Odin who apparently dropped his weapon, perhaps Odin was about to call it quits himself before the fight got stopped.  Either way, the fight was a tie and they are about equal.
No Caption Provided

You guys do realize Thanos hasnt lost a legit fight yet right?  Pretty sure Surtur can't claim the same...
No Caption Provided

He also has formidable telepathy and I'm not sure Surtur has shown resistance to mental attacks.  He'll just steal Surtur's knowledge and use it against him.
No Caption Provided
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Klandicar: He lost to Squirrel Girl. Talk about an embarrassment.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Klandicar:
and yet thanos got like NO good hits on odin
Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dro
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar: He lost to Squirrel Girl. Talk about an embarrassment. "
And a low showing.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Dro said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar: He lost to Squirrel Girl. Talk about an embarrassment. "
And a low showing. "
He said Thanos has never lost a legit fight. SG was legit.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By King_Saturn
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @King Saturn: i know my spawn though right........right???????? "
that would be correct...   

stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By stevon
@Klandicar said:
"Still standing while Odin is in a hurry to call the fight off.

Still standing when Odin wants to call it off again...

Last words of the fight were

Odin: Do you yield, villain?
Thanos:  NO!

Thanos ready to fire off another energy blast on an Odin who apparently dropped his weapon, perhaps Odin was about to call it quits himself before the fight got stopped.  Either way, the fight was a tie and they are about equal.

You guys do realize Thanos hasnt lost a legit fight yet right?  Pretty sure Surtur can't claim the same...

He also has formidable telepathy and I'm not sure Surtur has shown resistance to mental attacks.  He'll just steal Surtur's knowledge and use it against him.

"
I doubt they're equals. Odin was able to send Thanos flying and knock him over quite a bit, Thanos couldn't do the same to Odin. If anything it's an example of his durability, which is different then power. If Thanos was Odin's equal, why couldn't he send Odin flying or knock him down either? If they were equals then Odin wouldn't be constantly declaring himself the winner (just an example of Odin's extreme arrogance). And just because Surtur hasn't been attacked telepathically doesn't mean he's vulnerable to it.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Klandicar
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:

" @Klandicar: and yet thanos got like NO good hits on odin "

He wasn't trying to kill Odin, he wanted to hurt Odin's pride.  

No Caption Provided

See that face Odin made?  That's what wounded pride looks like, pups. 
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Klandicar:
yeaaaa..............nooo what i see is odin just putting thanos down again and again over and over, that face looks more like ''god this is lame'' and where does it say he was trying to hurt odins pride? stop putting words in the comic that are not there
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Klandicar
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Klandicar: yeaaaa..............nooo what i see is odin just putting thanos down again and again over and over, that face looks more like ''god this is lame'' and where does it say he was trying to hurt odins pride? stop putting words in the comic that are not there "
To show Odin that Thanos is on the same level as him.  That's why Thanos wanted to fight him, he enjoys a good challenge.  Why do you think Thanos challenged Tyrant when he could have just left with the orb without a conflict.  Thanos is constantly humbling folks around Odin and Tyrant level.  Odin was just another victim.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Klandicar:
i also remember tyrant owning the hell out of thanos as well, and no he's not showing odin anything like being on par with him, if anything odin is showing him that he is FAR FAR below.
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By stevon
@Klandicar:
Thanos didn't humble him, his durability pissed him off, thanos used the orb and some prep to humble Tyrant. Thanos never knocked Odin down or send him flying, he didn't legitimately harm Odin at all.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Klandicar

Thanos would have won the fight when Odin ran out of energy, that was obviously his plan.  He was letting Odin use up all his powerful blasts then they would fight hand to hand and Thanos has size and weight on Odin, the advantage would have been for Thanos in that scenario. 

Thanos:

Characteristics

Height: 6'7"

Weight: 985 lbs.

Hair: None

Skin: Grey-purple

Strength: The exact extent of Thanos strength is unknown.

AGAINST

Odin:

Physical Characteristics

Height: 6'9"

Weight: 650 lbs.

Eyes: Blue

Hair: White