Avatar image for wonderwomanfan3
#1 Edited by Wonderwomanfan3 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight till death, all at full power, Surtur has the twilight sword.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0845740eb0b
#2 Posted by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela is a non-factor. Surtur gets BFR'ed or simply defeated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#3 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 easily

#4 Posted by DammeFavour (8335 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@trust_this_786 said:

Surtur outside his realm is more impressive than Dorm.

Yes, Surtur's so much more impressive that got stomped/defeated by the Archenemy while inside Muspelheim, with his Twilight Sword and troops. The same Archenemy that Dormammu held an entire flank(One of the three main flanks) against while Archenemy was attacking/spamming the same attacks which wiped out Surtur. The same Archenemy who also got easily killed by Magik's Soul Sword(Wield by Amanda nonetheless, who's a lot weaker than Illyana) in contrast to a weakened Dormammu who tanked it years later.

More impressive indeed.

#7 Edited by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@trust_this_786 said:

Surtur outside his realm is more impressive than Dorm.

Yes, Surtur's so much more impressive that got stomped by the Archenemy while inside Muspelheim, with his Twilight Sword and troops. The same Archenemy that Dormammu held an entire flank(One of the three main flanks) against while Archenemy was attacking/spamming the same attacks which wiped out Surtur. The same Archenemy who also got easily killed by Magik's Soul Sword(Wield by Amanda nonetheless, who's a lot weaker than Illyana) in contrast to a weakened Dormammu who tanked it.

More impressive indeed.

if your gonna use that feat then I guess I can bring up the fact that Dorm had trouble putting down Red Hulk lol

#8 Edited by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@trust_this_786 said:

if your gonna use that feat then I guess I can bring up the fact that Dorm had trouble putting down Red Hulk lol

Then I strongly advise you to READ the comic first. Rulk had previously absorbed Silver Surfer's powers and wielded Terrax's cosmic axe:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Not only that, but THEY DIDN'T EVEN FIGHT. Rulk appeared, killed Namor and Tiger Shark and then straight up got out of the Dark Dimension:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

All he did was pass through Dormammu's head, but guess what? Dormammu is made of mystical energy and thus isn't completely solid, especially his head which are mystical flames. The story was too messy to make any claims as Red Hulk only flew through his head and we don't know what happened to Dormammu after that. Your example is also completely illogical and doesn't even come close to my own....I even made a DIRECT COMPARISON between Surtur and Dormammu and their specific performance under the SAME CONDITIONS/CHARACTERS/ENEMIES, which one even happened in the very same storyline.

I guess I can bring Surtur and Ymir being defeated by Heimdall and struggling with either Thor/Loki, but that's not going to take the debate anywhere.

#9 Edited by g2_ (11380 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu destroys them both.

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan3
#10 Edited by Wonderwomanfan3 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_platinum is Hela a non-factor in Asgard? I understand it's Dormammu we are talking about, but Dormammu is equal to Odin/Zeus (as per him and someone as arrogant as him would not underrate himself). Is Hela in Asgardthat far below Odin that she becomes a total non-factor especially considering she's got Surtur on her side.

#11 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_platinum is Hela a non-factor in Asgard? I understand it's Dormammu we are talking about, but Dormammu is equal to Odin/Zeus (as per him and someone as arrogant as him would not underrate himself). Is Hela in Asgardthat far below Odin that she becomes a total non-factor especially considering she's got Surtur on her side.

Hela has very little feats outside her realm. She did fight evenly with Mephisto in his own realm but other than that and her death touch and stare nothing helpful against Dorm

#13 Edited by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderwomanfan3: You're confusing the movie versions with the comic ones. Hela doesn't become more powerful while in Asgard, but rather in her realm and/or when some other factors are involved such as the number of souls disposable for her.

Odin is far, far more powerful than Hela anywhere and everywhere. His crow was able to overpower/defeat her while inside of Hela's own dimension. She and some other Hell-Lords already ran away from Dormammu in the story Hellcat unfolded almost a decade ago. I've discussed many times and debunked that Dormammu's statement of being equal to Odin/Zeus in this thread: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/odin-vs-dormammu-vs-trigon-1916333/?page=1#js-message-19625147

Surtur without the Twilight Sword already got stomped by Odin with a mere gesture and even with it, Odin only struggled with him since don't use his other powers(Time-stop, TP and so on) because is limited by the writers. ComicVine says the opponents must fight to the best of their abilities, so Odin should defeat Surtur more often than not here.

#14 Posted by Lord_Titan_ (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

They cant hurt drmammu

#15 Posted by Soratoumiga (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_ said:

Dormammu destroys them both.

#16 Posted by Supermanthor (18747 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormmy

#17 Posted by bdelloidgrain2 (1963 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Six-Deuce (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu has issued statements that put Surtur above him (open to interpretation) but by on panel feats I have seen, Dormy should actually win.

#19 Posted by TifaLockhart (21107 posts) - - Show Bio

Call me when Surtur is a threat to Eternity.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#20 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7541 posts) - - Show Bio

Dorammmu stomps.

#21 Posted by Supermanthor (18747 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9465e8847d0
#22 Edited by deactivated-5c9465e8847d0 (245 posts) - - Show Bio

@six-deuce said:

Dormammu has issued statements that put Surtur above him (open to interpretation) but by on panel feats I have seen, Dormy should actually win.

It's not open to interpretation in the slightest and I already explained point by point to you(With objective evidence, unlike the other side of the discussion who simply posts the scan and give whatever meaning they want without backing up the claims) in my other account. The only way the arguments for those so-called "statements" that have Dormammu put Surtur above him even make sense is if you ignore a shit ton of information and warp most events from that storyline to fit into a personal narrative only, which funnily enough, is exactly what Killemall originally did since was the first to say that in a thread here based on my searches and the only ones who believed were the same who haven't read the Magik series by themselves(So like, 99,99% of the users).

#23 Posted by Six-Deuce (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaelli: why do you have more than one account? I guess that is none of my business. I do not recall that exact conversation, must have been a couple years back...would you mind linking me the thread please? I have read and discussed in many and I am middle aged so you will have to forgive me. I think you are correct in the scans I am referencing (dormy being surprised at Surtur having been defeated).

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9465e8847d0
#24 Posted by deactivated-5c9465e8847d0 (245 posts) - - Show Bio

@six-deuce: I don't, it's an older account. As for the thread, here: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/surtur-vs-trigon-383167/?page=2#js-message-20791072

#25 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

I am pretty sure this thread regards to MCU marvel.

#26 Posted by Supermanthor (18747 posts) - - Show Bio