Superman vs Wonder Woman (battle of the sexes)

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I've seen a lot of same sex battles, so if it was Wonder Woman vs Superman, who do you think would win? It got me thinking, when Gambler messaged me about the Wonder Woman page as he noted that Wonder Woman comics did fine, but not as good as Superman and Batman. My theory for this was that people have a subconscious old school thoughts of men being more physical, they must be stronger and therefore appeal to comic readers much more, thinking it will be a better comic. Or is because the majority of comic readers are male? What are your thoughts on this and who do you think would win?
Post Edited:2007-03-22 19:39:12

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The WeatherMan

Wonder Woman. Totally owns Superman. Wonder Woman throws Lasso of Truth around Superman and it reveals that Superman wears pink Hello Kitty thongs, and if Superman doesn't admit that he got his sorry Kryptonian ass wrapped up in a sling and delivered back to him on a silver platter, Wonder Woman will go global on the news and the world will know Superman's secret, shaming his transvestite ass forever.

Wonder Woman rules.

Post Edited:2007-03-22 19:43:32

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Methos

lol nice imagery there photon, quite scary :)

i'm go back to the Superman / Batman issue with alternate realities... can't remember the issue but it's just after supergirl got introduced with Joker and mxyzpdlk are playing with realities.

Superman uses WW's lasso and snaps her neck after she kills batman... think thats how it happened.

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Ms. Invisible says:

"I've seen a lot of same sex battles, so if it was Wonder Woman vs Superman, who do you think would win? It got me thinking, when Gambler messaged me about the Wonder Woman page as he noted that Wonder Woman comics did fine, but not as good as Superman and Batman. My theory for this was that people have a subconscious old school thoughts of men being more physical, they must be stronger and therefore appeal to comic readers much more, thinking it will be a better comic. Or is because the majority of comic readers are male? What are your thoughts on this and who do you think would win?
Post Edited:2007-03-22 19:39:12"

Nice name drop Ms. Invisible, you know....I liked you better before the sex change, for real, what happened to the pic? Oh, yeah, Wonder Woman wins.

shamgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By shamgar

come on now dont be rude to her. but shamgar thinks superman would win. good post and rock on ms.invisible.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ms. Invisible

shamgar says:

"come on now dont be rude to her. but shamgar thinks superman would win. good post and rock on ms.invisible."

He was only joking. :P

king_pin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By king_pin

Wonder woman does own superman. she wins

Troy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Troy

Given that Superman clearly has always had a thing for WW he has got no chance.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck

She can tie me up...as long as she puts away that blade.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

The general feeling I get in the DCU is that Superman is stronger. I belive Checkmate's files list Superman being A1 and WW A2 (whatever that means) in the build up to Infinite Crisis.

Still, I think one smile and Superman will be weak at the knees.

Personally, I don't mind the blade. But I have a thing for chicks with knives ;)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck

I think if it came down to it (for whatever strange reason that they'd be fighting) Diana is more of a warrior. She will go all the way (ooh) if she has to. Superman is too much of a boy scout no matter if he's stronger or not. I don't think Wonder Woman should be considered a slouch just because she's a woman. She's a pretty tough cookie.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By zero edge

I'm going with Wonder Woman too... but I'm biased.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Wonder Woman will keep going when most guys are ready to give up. If I remember correctly, that was how Batman planned to beat her (in the plan Ras Al Ghul stole). He had her believing she was fighting an unbeatable foe until she collapsed and died from the strain.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Satyrquaze

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Wonder Woman will keep going when most guys are ready to give up. If I remember correctly, that was how Batman planned to beat her (in the plan Ras Al Ghul stole). He had her believing she was fighting an unbeatable foe until she collapsed and died from the strain."

Agreed. That in conjuction that most of her weapons are magic (a sword that is so magically sharp that it can cut electrons off atoms for Pete's sake!) I have to give it to Wonder Woman. Look at the fight they had when Supes was being controlled by Maxwell Lord! She not only held her own for an extended period, but slashed his throat with her tiara, eventually freeing him from Max's control (albeit by killing Max...).

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Darkchild

ok not to sound like a pig but truthfully what does womderwomen have over superman wrist bands? i love her jsut cause the dynamic btw her and bats but i mean what could she do other than stay alive superman all the way

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Satyrquaze

Darkchild says:

"ok not to sound like a pig but truthfully what does womderwomen have over superman wrist bands? i love her jsut cause the dynamic btw her and bats but i mean what could she do other than stay alive superman all the way"

You mean besides kicking him in the pills and then strangling him with the unbreakable lasso of truth while carving him up with her extremely sharp magical sword... something like that maybe?

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Prodigal Son

I've said it before somewhere else, but I love that shot when she sliced Kal-El's jugular with her tiara. It made him slow down, and she only slightly nicked the vein. If she had wanted to, she could have sliced it wide open I'll bet.

Plus, unless Supes is under absolute control by someone else, I think he would always subconsciously pull his punches and be unwilling to take the killing strike. Diana has proven she will cross that line if she thinks it's necessary to the greater good. One death to save 100s, 1000s, millions, etc., she'll make that call.

Add the lasso and Diana's other magical weapons to the mix, and she could take him. She might possibly be mortally wounded and at the end of the battle, but I think she could do it. Take Kal's compunction to not kill away, and then she's probably toast.

Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mr Mofo

Darkchild says:

"ok not to sound like a pig but truthfully what does womderwomen have over superman wrist bands? i love her jsut cause the dynamic btw her and bats but i mean what could she do other than stay alive superman all the way"

Wonder Woman's pretty strong too, superhuman strength. Sure not at Superman's level. But she is strong.

I wonder if her outfit is lead lined. She could always flash her boobs to distract Superman.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Methos

i'm reasonably sure that if bizzaro could take down WW, the superman wouldn't even break a sweat doing it.

M

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gottheit

Wonder Woman is about to fight Superman. But then, Superman pats her Wonder-Ass and tells he to go into the other room and make him some Super-Supper. Wonder Woman complies wit ha giggle and a wink, leaving Superman and Captain America to laugh and joke in the den.

Superman: "Ahh, Women. Give them an inch..."

CA: "...and they try to vote! Ha ha...good one, old chum."

Superman: "Ah, no sweat. Now c'mon, let's go buy some warbonds, and slap a few (slur deleted) while we're at it..."

Superman wins.

Troy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Troy

G-Man says:

"I think if it came down to it (for whatever strange reason that they'd be fighting) Diana is more of a warrior. She will go all the way (ooh) if she has to. Superman is too much of a boy scout no matter if he's stronger or not. I don't think Wonder Woman should be considered a slouch just because she's a *woman*. She's a pretty tough cookie."

Superman is not only a boy scout he is also a lousy fighter. Lobo kicked his ass because he knew how to fight not because he was more powerful, the same would go for WW. She can fight and doesn't just rely on her powers, which is exactly what Superman does. When was the last time he outfought someone not just outpowered them?

thegaminboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thegaminboy

superman would win

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sync

ok how do you explain one thing when sups is piss he is bad ass.. this is show in superman/batman.. where both bat/sup are considered brothers, and mrs staturn contorls or influence their rasing....

batman (super bother) is killed by ww and hes told to avgene, he destory uncle sam who has the gl ring ( sam being the living will of us) and sam"says what are you" with a lame look on his face

he hits wonder so hard that he shatters the sheild, and bracers and fratures her bones(and thats just from her braces from on blow, in the end he has the lasso of truth around her neck and snaps her like SNAP

base of this, i guess he does not love his wife since he could not beat ww in the(big brother thing as show above) but if it bruce your screwed....(dam lame writters)

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By speed

hes not even trying

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gottheit

Good point, Speed. Yeah, WW wouldn't manage it. I don't think Superman goes for the ladies, anyway. Or the guys. When you think about it, he wouldn't be motivated by sex, because there's little to no ways that a human could hurt him with their fists, much less arouse him with a genttle, intimate touch. So...yeah. Superman with the win.

Icoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Icoop

Prurience Man says:

" Add the lasso and Diana's other magical weapons to the mix, and she could take him. She might possibly be mortally wounded and at the end of the battle, but I think she could do it. Take Kal's compunction to not kill away, and then she's probably toast."

That's pretty much my logic as well. If Superman were unrestrained he'd lock them together in close combat and melt her brains out with his heat vision.

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins. He's too fast and he's got too many weapons.

I don't buy Wonder Woman because I'm a sexist pig.

Okay, I don't buy Wonder Woman because I don't have the ca$h. Five bucks a week isn't a lot.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Diana's bracelets don't protect her from ice breath do they? If they don't, he could freeze her and kill her while she's motionless.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sync

well the real question is this, what magic does she have access to, she could get some nasty spells and weapons.. but if ever i want to win(lol).. i will say superman will break out the "PHANTOM ZONE GENERATOR"

zap game over.....and now zod and whoever else is in there is happy, and loves superman..hmmmmmm

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Buckshot says:

"Diana's bracelets don't protect her from ice breath do they? If they don't, he could freeze her and kill her while she's motionless. "

That could be possible because her braclets only deflect, it doesn't absorb.

Edit: Didn't Superman freeze Wonder Woman when she was battling Superman when he under Lord's trance? He froze her but then she broke out of it.
Post Edited:2007-04-13 22:41:56

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GL Bertron

If they both fight to kill without any hesitation. Supes, the Lasso only does so much and he would freeze her and then burn her head off with his heat vision. As far as who is hotter WW.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Ms. Invisible says:

"Buckshot says:
"Diana's bracelets don't protect her from ice breath do they? If they don't, he could freeze her and kill her while she's motionless. "

That could be possible because her braclets only deflect, it doesn't absorb.

Edit: Didn't Superman freeze Wonder Woman when she was battling Superman when he under Lord's trance? He froze her but then she broke out of it.
Post Edited:2007-04-13 22:41:56"

Was he freezing her continuously when she broke out, or did he stop and then she broke out?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

GL Bertron says:

"If they both fight to kill without any hesitation. Supes, the Lasso only does so much and he would freeze her and then burn her head off with his heat vision. As far as who is hotter WW."

Not when he takes a sundip! rimshot

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GL Bertron

Ouch.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Buckshot says:

"Was he freezing her continuously when she broke out, or did he stop and *then* she broke out?"

He froze her into an ice cube and then she broke out.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Ms. Invisible says:

"Buckshot says:
"Was he freezing her continuously when she broke out, or did he stop and *then* she broke out?"

He froze her into an ice cube and then she broke out."

So he stopped? If that's the case, then I think he could keep her frozen as long as he kept doing the freeze breath, and in that time he could do something to kill her.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GL Bertron

Isn't Supes fater than her anyways?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Yeah, but not enough that she can't handle him normally.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GL Bertron

WHat about his heat vision, would he be able to amp it to the point that it melts the bands.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

They're magic.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GL Bertron

So his heat vision will have no effect on them?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

As far as I know, they won't break as a result of his heat vision, Ms. Invisible would probably know for sure though.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GL Bertron

How do they compare in strength?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Superman > Wonder Woman, but like speed, it's not an overwhelming difference.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GL Bertron

Plus she has some available magical items at all times.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Prodigal Son

GL Bertron says:

"Plus she has some available magical items at all times."

Yup, she sure does have some magical items!

That's all I'm sayin'!

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mighty Magneto
Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Prurience Man says:

"GL Bertron says:
"Plus she has some available magical items at all times."
Yup, she sure does have some magical items! That's all I'm sayin'!"

Nice

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49  Edited By The_Ghostshell

There's a JLA comic I dont remeber the number, but Max Lord takes control of Superman, Supes kicks the living $#@! outta Batman, Wonder Woman shows up and stops Supes. The only way he can escape is by ripping a hole in the Watchtower, forceing Diana to block the whole and save Batman, while he takes off.

If he could take her, why didnt he?

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ms. Invisible

GL Bertron says:

"So his heat vision will have no effect on them?"

This is a hard one because she has been burnt before but that's because she was surrounded by fire. I guess she could block them? She would get burnt to some extent, just like the ice would freeze her. But I mean, she can deflect Darkseid's energy blasts, and he's got some of the most powerful blasts.