User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Kuzman123

@weaponmaster said:

@MzombieX said:

@weaponmaster said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@weaponmaster said:

Yes.

I'll stick with what I originally said, anyone thinking Thor needs to have his strength multiplied by 10 to hurt Superman has lost their !@#$ing mind.

Anyone who thinks that Thor can even faze Superman without his strength being multiplied is really the one who needs to question their sanity.

I keep seeing you posting these comments of Thor not being able to faze Superman, and I can't tell if you're serious or trying to be funny. Please tell me that you're joking.

Thor is not nearly powerful enough to do any appreciable damage to Superman.

Edit: Unless Thor wields Mjolnir.

This is soooooo wrong, do you know that anyone with strength of a 100 tons can hurt superman.

Thor has strength faaaaaaaar above 100 tons.Check thor feats and then come back so we can argue better.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@Kuzman123: Anyone with the strength of 100 tons can't hurt Superman. Someone over it can. Like, She-Hulk probably can't hurt Superman.

Kuzman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203  Edited By Kuzman123

@comicdude23 said:

@Kuzman123: Anyone with the strength of 100 tons can't hurt Superman. Someone over it can. Like, She-Hulk probably can't hurt Superman.

yes they can hurt him but they wont make much damage atoll.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kuzman123 said:

@comicdude23 said:

Well it wouldn't be very much damage.

Kuzman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Kuzman123

@comicdude23 said:

@Kuzman123 said:

@comicdude23 said:

Well it wouldn't be very much damage.

correct, but it will hurt Superman.That was my point.Thing can hurt thor if he punches him in the face.

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By weaponmaster

@Kuzman123 said:

@weaponmaster said:

@MzombieX said:

@weaponmaster said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@weaponmaster said:

Yes.

I'll stick with what I originally said, anyone thinking Thor needs to have his strength multiplied by 10 to hurt Superman has lost their !@#$ing mind.

Anyone who thinks that Thor can even faze Superman without his strength being multiplied is really the one who needs to question their sanity.

I keep seeing you posting these comments of Thor not being able to faze Superman, and I can't tell if you're serious or trying to be funny. Please tell me that you're joking.

This is soooooo wrong, do you know that anyone with strength of a 100 tons can hurt superman.

Thor has strength faaaaaaaar above 100 tons.Check thor feats and then come back so we can argue better.

Anyone with class 100 strength can hurt Superman? Where are you getting this erroneous information from? 100 tons is typically a marvel benchmark, not a DC one. You are simply making this up.

I am aware of Thors lifting feats. His bare handed striking feats are what are in question. He could not even knock Beta Ray Bill out with his bare hands while not in possession of his hammer or do any appreciable damage when they fought for Mjonlnir and Bill was not even transformed by the hammer and did not possess Stormbreaker yet. Thor got Knocked unconscious in this fight as well.

Adding unnecessary vowels to words will not change these facts.

D00MSMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By D00MSMITH

superman wins, he's just too fast and strong for thor....

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By isaac_clarke

@D00MSMITH said:

superman wins, he's just too fast and strong for thor....

Maybe too fast, but not too strong. If DC didn't think Superman possessed any significant advantage in strength, why should we?

This whole bonkers mentality Thor needs to have 10 times his normal strength to even phase Superman is just that, bonkers.

@weaponmaster said:

He could not even knock Beta Ray Bill out with his bare hands while not in possession of his hammer or do any appreciable damage when they fought for Mjonlnir and Bill was not even transformed by the hammer and did not possess Stormbreaker yet.

You might have to look again:

Him and Bill KOed one another by bro fisting, destroying the surrounding country side in the process allowing Bill to wake up first because it was hotter now. And they are still physically equals.

He's also nearly made Hiemdall go death and brought down Asgard just slugging it out with people, just using his fists.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#209  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I will go with Superman he is faster that will give him the win strength I don't know who has that they are basicly even Thor is the better Fighter. But Supes wins because he is faster meaning he hits harder then Thor.

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By MzombieX
@comicdude23 said:

Oh, no super-speed. Time to re-answer.

I still stand by my verdict. Superman will win. In physical strength, Superman is slightly stronger. I'm not sure if that will help him win this, but it probably will. Their physical strength is still so close it's nearly equal. In fighting-skill, Thor's skill is very underrated, he never gets his respect for his skill. He just doesn't use it well, Superman also has fighting-skill, but from what I have seen, it's probably better. He knows pressure point attacks, and he can probably strike in the same directions, it's just the question will Thor go down. Thor probably has more fighting-skill but in a 100 round Boxing match I can't see either of them going the distance, one of them will go down.

There is no super-speed. But it doesn't say no super-hand speed.

So, Superman will still be able to use super-hand speed. Just not movement speed. He can punch much faster and can hit harder. In fact, strength will matter. From rounds 1-7, I can see a pure slug-fest with no speed being used, but Superman will have to adapt. And he can't use movement speed but he can use faster hand-speed. And I'd say he's a better Boxer, being trained by Wildcat.

From round 8, I can just see Superman using his faster-hand speed. But Thor won't give up and he will keep in there, but HAND-speed will be his advantage. It's never really been shown what his Boxing-Style is, Counter-Puncher, Slugger, Brawler, etc. But his superior Boxing skills shall prevail. Each round is 3 minutes, and their are 100 rounds. 100 rounds x 3 minutes = 5 hours.

5 hours of Boxing.

It could last but I will see him wearing Thor down, even if that doesn't happen (Comic-Characters never really tire), Superman will give Thor too much handle in the end, and in a 5 hour epic-war, Superman will probably win by late TKO.

Superman TKO96.

Really Comic? ... I guess the way I see it; We already assume that the opponents are confined within the square footage of a boxing ring
and as a result  - Won't be flying off somewhere at FTL speed or in a foot race at FTL speed anyway.
So when the OP simply says "no superspeed" I take that as implying that the spectators are clearly not watching them use any kind of FTL punches either, or FTL period. 

Now of course I could be wrong, and only the OP could chime in and make that clear for certain I guess.
At any rate, I'm not really trying to convince you of anything to change your answer. Just questioning the rules of the bout & guidelines.
Anyone who views this fight going Supes way ... fair enough. This would be a really close match however one sees it. 
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By weaponmaster

@isaac_clarke said:

@weaponmaster said:

He could not even knock Beta Ray Bill out with his bare hands while not in possession of his hammer or do any appreciable damage when they fought for Mjonlnir and Bill was not even transformed by the hammer and did not possess Stormbreaker yet.

You might have to look again:

Him and Bill KOed one another by bro fisting, destroying the surrounding country side in the process allowing Bill to wake up first because it was hotter now. And they are still physically equals.

He's also nearly made Hiemdall go death and brought down Asgard just slugging it out with people, just using his fists.

Ok, so he had to muster all of his strength to KO Bill who was not even transformed by either Mjolnir or Stormbreaker and was KOed himself in the process. Superman is much, much, more durable than Beta is without Asgardian enchantments and when he is tranformed by either hammer. Superman would not even feel Thors punches and would KO him much quicker than Beta did.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By isaac_clarke

@weaponmaster said:

Ok, so he had to muster all of his strength to KO Bill who was not even transformed by either Mjolnir or Stormbreaker and was KOed himself in the process. Superman is much, much, more durable than Beta is without Asgardian enchantments and when he is tranformed by either hammer. Superman would not even feel Thors punches and would KO him much quicker than Beta did.

Yeah because Bill with Storm-breaker totally owned Thor:

It's not like Odin intentionally set up that fight for Thor to lose and it's not like Bill hasn't taken entire armadas of space vessels with his limiters removed without Storm-breaker that the Silver Surfer and Stardust. I'd rather not bring up Thor's recent headbutt feat that actually dented the Surfer's skull. But yeah, either you have Superman on some sort of ridiculous pedestal in your mind or your not being serious.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#213  Edited By MrDirector786

@isaac_clarke said:

I'd rather not bring up Thor's recent headbutt feat that actually dented the Surfer's skull. But yeah, either you have Superman on some sort of ridiculous pedestal in your mind or your not being serious.

Thor now dented Surfer's head with a headbutt? First, Odin headbutts Galactus and breaks his helmet and now his son headbutts Galactus' herald and dents his head. What's next? :P

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By TifaLockhart

@MrDirector786: Barry Burton headbutts a Majini's head, making it splatter.

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By MzombieX
@MrDirector786 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

I'd rather not bring up Thor's recent headbutt feat that actually dented the Surfer's skull. But yeah, either you have Superman on some sort of ridiculous pedestal in your mind or your not being serious.

Thor now dented Surfer's head with a headbutt? First, Odin headbutts Galactus and breaks his helmet and now his son headbutts Galactus' herald and dents his head. What's next? :P

It was Thor and Surfer who speed blitzed each other and then Thor changed direction at the last moment ... to his intended target. 
Thor then speed blitzed past Surfer and smacked Galactus in the head, crushing his helmet. Yes Thor also headbutt SS as well though.  
It isn't exactly like it's the first time Thor has rocked Galactus with a nice shot. Thor's cracked Galactus in the dome a couple times before.
As far as Surfer; Thor has defeated or matched him pretty much every time they've fought from past to present, even while SS was amped by Loki, so that's nothing new either.  
Repeat events between Thor vs Hulk & Thing have happened recently as well. Although first time it was a barefisted brawl and Thor used one arm to kill them. 
Second time Thor had Mjolnir, but Hulk & Thing had enchanted hammers as well.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By isaac_clarke

@MrDirector786 said:

It was Mighty Thor #3; Odin doesn't toss the cosmic headbutt till Mighty Thor #5.

No Caption Provided

Although the busting of the helmet didn't mean much to me, it's the craziness of it seemingly sending Galactus down into the Earth, even if Odin had to hop right into the Destroyer due to being too weak to continue.

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By MzombieX
@isaac_clarke
@MrDirector786: 

Wait a sec, now I'm lost: By the way, sorry I got a bit off topic and carried away, comparing recent events and scans with this Fear Itself deal.  
I almost forgot this was a boxing match thread lol. I though MrDirector was confusing the Thor hit on Galactus with Odin, but as it turns out I'm the one confused.

So #3 was the Thor - Surfer headbutt and #4 was the Thor - Galactus helmet "head" smash ... am I right? 
Are you telling me that Odin headbutts Galactus in the next issue #5 and busts up his helmet even further, with yet another cosmic headbutt? XD
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#218  Edited By Dex_Starr

@MutenRoshi:Yeah, as if Thor doesn't have terrible showings, maybe I should show the scans of him and the Avengers running away from Black Knight and Radiactive Man, or Osbourne's Initiative beating the crap out of him, how about Wolverine being too fast for Thor to hit.

Kuzman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Kuzman123

@weaponmaster said:

@Kuzman123 said:

@weaponmaster said:

@MzombieX said:

@weaponmaster said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@weaponmaster said:

Yes.

Anyone with class 100 strength can hurt Superman? Where are you getting this erroneous information from? 100 tons is typically a marvel benchmark, not a DC one. You are simply making this up.

I am aware of Thors lifting feats. His bare handed striking feats are what are in question. He could not even knock Beta Ray Bill out with his bare hands while not in possession of his hammer or do any appreciable damage when they fought for Mjonlnir and Bill was not even transformed by the hammer and did not possess Stormbreaker yet. Thor got Knocked unconscious in this fight as well.

You still dont think for yourself use your head.He wont do damage to superman but he will hurt him:thing,she-hulk,iron man.If Superman would just stand there and lets say she-hulk hits him in the face she will hurt him.And if they hit thor the same way they will hurt him.I dont say you can compare she-hulk and superman,Superman is far stronger and would knock her out with one punch.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By ssejllenrad

Class 100 won't "hurt" Supes. Supes would feel something. But I doubt it would be considered pain.

Kuzman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Kuzman123

@ssejllenrad said:

Class 100 won't "hurt" Supes. Supes would feel something. But I doubt it would be considered pain.

What Superman are we talking about here?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Kuzman123 said:

@ssejllenrad said:

What Superman are we talking about here?

Pre-Flashpoint. See the way I interpret it, Superman is class 2.2 sextillion (if we follow class 100 is lifting 100 tons). And yes I know the 1/3 planet pulling is more of a flying feat than strength feat. But seriously, where does he get the energy to move the planet and to punch someone and to fly or whatever... They are all generated by his body. And that's around 2.6 X 10 ^ 26 joules just to move the earth 1 meter. They moved the earth farther than that. An energy source like that would generate more force than just 100 tons.  He's far above class 100. I can't say for certain against class 100+.
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By weaponmaster

@isaac_clarke said:

@weaponmaster said:

Yeah because Bill with Storm-breaker totally owned Thor:

It's not like Odin intentionally set up that fight for Thor to lose and it's not like Bill hasn't taken entire armadas of space vessels with his limiters removed without Storm-breaker that the Silver Surfer and Stardust. I'd rather not bring up Thor's recent headbutt feat that actually dented the Surfer's skull. But yeah, either you have Superman on some sort of ridiculous pedestal in your mind or your not being serious.

Thor got Knocked out by Beta Ray Bill without either hammer and Beta is not anywhere near Superman as far as strength or durability, neither is Thor, and without his hammer Thor wouldnt last 30 seconds against Superman.

I actually like Thor a great deal and really can't stand Superman. I am being logical and not allowing my preferences for a character to create any sort of bias or get in the way of rational thinking like you are.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Well, it seems that Superman can take this, but I don't think Thor would go down that easily.

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By weaponmaster

@Kuzman123 said:

@weaponmaster said:

@Kuzman123 said:

@weaponmaster said:

@MzombieX said:

@weaponmaster said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@weaponmaster said:

Yes.

You still dont think for yourself use your head.He wont do damage to superman but he will hurt him:thing,she-hulk,iron man.If Superman would just stand there and lets say she-hulk hits him in the face she will hurt him.And if they hit thor the same way they will hurt him.I dont say you can compare she-hulk and superman,Superman is far stronger and would knock her out with one punch.

If you mean by thinking for myself making up facts like you do when you state that anyone of class 100 strength can hurt Superman you are in error. That is not thinking for yourself per se. That is making up false information and is called being delusional. You are the one who is not thinking clearly. Pain means that there was damage. You cannot hurt someone physically without doing damage. Stop trying to pretend as if you possess anything but average intelligence (at best). Superman would not feel any pain whatsoever from She-Hulks punch. Supermans durability versus punches is far above Thors.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By MrDirector786

@MzombieX said:

@isaac_clarke: @MrDirector786: Wait a sec, now I'm lost: By the way, sorry I got a bit off topic and carried away, comparing recent events and scans with this Fear Itself deal. I almost forgot this was a boxing match thread lol. I though MrDirector was confusing the Thor hit on Galactus with Odin, but as it turns out I'm the one confused. So #3 was the Thor - Surfer headbutt and #4 was the Thor - Galactus helmet "head" smash ... am I right? Are you telling me that Odin headbutts Galactus in the next issue #5 and busts up his helmet even further, with yet another cosmic headbutt? XD

I was just surprised to hear Thor headbutting Surfer and I saw the scans of Odin headbutting Galactus. And I jokingly asked which Asgardian is going to headbutt which herald or cosmic entity.

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@MutenRoshi:Yeah, as if Thor doesn't have terrible showings, maybe I should show the scans of him and the Avengers running away from Black Knight and Radiactive Man, or Osbourne's Initiative beating the crap out of him, how about Wolverine being too fast for Thor to hit.

I think it's best to ignore him. I'm pretty sure he's just Truepwnge/BatDance/BIackFlash/Ownerz/Ohtru/Hoboseid on yet another account.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MzombieX said:

@comicdude23 said:

Oh, no super-speed. Time to re-answer.

I still stand by my verdict. Superman will win. In physical strength, Superman is slightly stronger. I'm not sure if that will help him win this, but it probably will. Their physical strength is still so close it's nearly equal. In fighting-skill, Thor's skill is very underrated, he never gets his respect for his skill. He just doesn't use it well, Superman also has fighting-skill, but from what I have seen, it's probably better. He knows pressure point attacks, and he can probably strike in the same directions, it's just the question will Thor go down. Thor probably has more fighting-skill but in a 100 round Boxing match I can't see either of them going the distance, one of them will go down.

There is no super-speed. But it doesn't say no super-hand speed.

So, Superman will still be able to use super-hand speed. Just not movement speed. He can punch much faster and can hit harder. In fact, strength will matter. From rounds 1-7, I can see a pure slug-fest with no speed being used, but Superman will have to adapt. And he can't use movement speed but he can use faster hand-speed. And I'd say he's a better Boxer, being trained by Wildcat.

From round 8, I can just see Superman using his faster-hand speed. But Thor won't give up and he will keep in there, but HAND-speed will be his advantage. It's never really been shown what his Boxing-Style is, Counter-Puncher, Slugger, Brawler, etc. But his superior Boxing skills shall prevail. Each round is 3 minutes, and their are 100 rounds. 100 rounds x 3 minutes = 5 hours.

5 hours of Boxing.

It could last but I will see him wearing Thor down, even if that doesn't happen (Comic-Characters never really tire), Superman will give Thor too much handle in the end, and in a 5 hour epic-war, Superman will probably win by late TKO.

Superman TKO96.

Really Comic? ... I guess the way I see it; We already assume that the opponents are confined within the square footage of a boxing ring and as a result - Won't be flying off somewhere at FTL speed or in a foot race at FTL speed anyway. So when the OP simply says "no superspeed" I take that as implying that the spectators are clearly not watching them use any kind of FTL punches either, or FTL period. Now of course I could be wrong, and only the OP could chime in and make that clear for certain I guess. At any rate, I'm not really trying to convince you of anything to change your answer. Just questioning the rules of the bout & guidelines.Anyone who views this fight going Supes way ... fair enough. This would be a really close match however one sees it.

Well, it's IMO. There will be no flying, but HAND-SPEED is different. It's like Flash punching super-fast, or Mike Tyson having faster hands than his opponents. What I thought by ''no super-speed'' is movement speed, does it really block hand-speed? I will ask the maker of the thread, but also, Superman is a better Boxer I believe.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#228  Edited By Or35ti

Superman because he can have Wildcat train him. Are there even any super boxers in the Marvel U?

Iridium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#229  Edited By Iridium

Superman, simply due to raw power.

Thor may well be the better combatant, but I think this is a case of DC just being more exaggerated with their hero's power levels. As they have recently shown, a Kyptonian, on Earth, can throw naval warships. Thor's strength is legendary in the Marvel universe, but I have not found anything ( and I have a lot of Thor issues ) which remotely puts him into this category.

(Zod is hard to see, but he is in the top right, in the middle of the building, arms down having just pitched this cruiser, or whatever imaginary vessel it may be.)

No Caption Provided
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By isaac_clarke

@weaponmaster said:

Thor got Knocked out by Beta Ray Bill without either hammer and Beta is not anywhere near Superman as far as strength or durability

Yeah I'm done taking you seriously.

@Iridium said:

Thor may well be the better combatant, but I think this is a case of DC just being more exaggerated with their hero's power levels. As they have recently shown, a Kyptonian, on Earth, can throw naval warships. Thor's strength is legendary in the Marvel universe, but I have not found anything ( and I have a lot of Thor issues ) which remotely puts him into this category.

(Zod is hard to see, but he is in the top right, in the middle of the building, arms down having just pitched this cruiser, or whatever imaginary vessel it may be.)

Both Thor and Clark have tremendously better showings than tossing around battleships, Magneto was tossing one at Kuurth for pete's sake.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By difficlus

@Iridium: which issue is that from?

6 months to train, couldn't superman just sun dip?

deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By deathlife

Uh..not to troll this thread but how many Superman vs Thor threads are there going to be on this forum.

I think the moderators should place some a moratorium on these sort of battles for a while IMO.

Kuzman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Kuzman123

@weaponmaster said:

@Kuzman123 said:

@weaponmaster said:

@Kuzman123 said:

@weaponmaster said:

@MzombieX said:

@weaponmaster said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@weaponmaster said:

Yes.

If you mean by thinking for myself making up facts like you do when you state that anyone of class 100 strength can hurt Superman you are in error. That is not thinking for yourself per se. That is making up false information and is called being delusional. You are the one who is not thinking clearly. Pain means that there was damage. You cannot hurt someone physically without doing damage. Stop trying to pretend as if you possess anything but average intelligence (at best). Superman would not feel any pain whatsoever from She-Hulks punch. Supermans durability versus punches is far above Thors.

Supermans durability versus punches is far above thors?????????????

Supermans strength is far above thor??????????????????

The only true advantage superman has over thor is speed (since we dont see thor moving fast while fighting)

why cant you hurt someone without doing any physicall damage.....these are comics..........

You are a big superman fan boy.

And one thing is certain Superman whould beat thor in comics.

Kuzman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Kuzman123

List of marvel characters that can hurt superman:Thor,Hulk,Iron man,silver surfer,Wonder man, juggernaut,and practicly any energy projection character.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Kuzman123 said:

List of marvel characters that can hurt superman:

Thor, 

Yes

Hulk, 

Yes

Iron man, 

I dunno. Should be Hulkbuster or greater or he won't hurt Supes

silver surfer, 

he'd kill supes with a punch

Wonder man,  

maybe

juggernaut,

fo sure!

and  practically any energy projection character.

A lot of energy projectors but not all. I bet Havok won't hurt Supes but instead make him stronger.

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By weaponmaster

@isaac_clarke said:

@weaponmaster said:

Thor got Knocked out by Beta Ray Bill without either hammer and Beta is not anywhere near Superman as far as strength or durability

Yeah I'm done taking you seriously.

I accept your concession and aquiescence.

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By weaponmaster

@Kuzman123 said:

@weaponmaster said:

@Kuzman123 said:

@weaponmaster said:

@Kuzman123 said:

@weaponmaster said:

@MzombieX said:

@weaponmaster said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@weaponmaster said:

Yes.

Supermans durability versus punches is far above thors?????????????

Supermans strength is far above thor??????????????????

The only true advantage superman has over thor is speed (since we dont see thor moving fast while fighting)

why cant you hurt someone without doing any physicall damage.....these are comics..........

You are a big superman fan boy.

And one thing is certain Superman whould beat thor in comics.

Yes.

And yes.

Alll of the unnecessary question marks won't change the facts That Superman is far stronger and far more durable than both Thor and Beta.

Superman has nearly every Physical advantage over Thor. You just are not thinking rationally and are basing your argument off of emotions rather than facts.

Because when pain is felt it means that there was damage to cells and nerves....even in the comics.......

I actually don't like Superman that much and I think Thor is awesome. I am simply not allowing my personal preferences to cloud my judgement like you are. It appears that you are the fan-boy.

Superman would beat Thor in the Comics and he would defeat Thor even easier in a boxing match, especially when Thor does not have Mjolnir.

Here is Thor being stabbed through the chest by a character that is only in the 20 ton range. Superman would not have even felt this blow and it would not even have nicked him:

No Caption Provided
Iridium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Iridium

@isaac_clarke said:

@Iridium said:

Both Thor and Clark have tremendously better showings than tossing around battleships, Magneto was tossing one at Kuurth for pete's sake.

Not disagreeing, although I was admittedly not taking the towing of planets of wrapping snakes around the Earth into account. Those seem so far out of scale to me it is hard to take them at face value. I was basing it off of reoccurring incidents which I felt took raw strength into account. The pitching of war ships is something I have seen a few times, as in Black Adam pitching an aircraft carrier at Manhattan.

Also I think it may also go back to the point of my thoughts on DC perhaps being a bit more ‘lenient’ with power levels.

All that being said … I just have not example of which make me believe Thor is in this level. Again it’s more a difference in how they handle their Universe. And while I am a bit surprised some people even put Superman in the same sentence as Thor, in terms of martial skill, I think the strength difference will win out.

Now give mjolnir back and it’s a different story …

Iridium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Iridium

@difficlus said:

@Iridium: which issue is that from?

6 months to train, couldn't superman just sun dip?

War of the Supermen #4

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By isaac_clarke

@weaponmaster: Yeah Superman would have not even felt someone with a enchanted sword stab him through the chest, just ignore that enchanted weaponry that can cut Thor can easily do the to Superman or even stronger versions of him like in KC.(Yep that sword current Hercules was running around with could cut through Superman like butter and Herc has barely superhuman stats.) Not only would it harm Clark, he would not tank it anywhere as well as Thor can, nobody Asgardians can survive having their hearts outright removed their chests, Doom confirmed guys in Thor's caliber can do so for significantly longer. The fact Thor didn't immediately die from a direct hit through his chest by the Twilight Sword is a testament to that.

No Caption Provided

It doesn't matter how many tons you have, magic swords > Superman.

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By weaponmaster

@isaac_clarke said:

No Caption Provided

@weaponmaster: Yeah Superman would have not even felt someone with a enchanted sword stab him through the chest, just ignore that enchanted weaponry that can cut Thor can easily do the to Superman or even stronger versions of him like in KC.(Yep that sword current Hercules was running around with could cut through Superman like butter and Herc has barely superhuman stats.) Not only would it harm Clark, he would not tank it anywhere as well as Thor can, nobody Asgardians can survive having their hearts outright removed their chests, Doom confirmed guys in Thor's caliber can do so for significantly longer. The fact Thor didn't immediately die from a direct hit through his chest by the Twilight Sword is a testament to that.

It doesn't matter how many tons you have, magic swords > Superman.

That's not an enchanted sword so your point is moot. I am well aware of Supermans vuilnerability to magic. Which means it can hurt him but he has tanked many magical attacks, they simply can cause him pain and some damage.

This isn't about magical swords though it's about Superman>>>Thor in a boxing match/fist-fight when Thor doesnt have Mjolnir. It would be over in 30 seconds tops.

Edit: Also that is a thrust though Thors abdomen. Many people have for survived days after such blows.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Iridium: Thor has no feats to suggest he's a better or even as good a combatant as Superman is. Let alone in terms of boxing. Where Superman has actual boxing related feats.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By difficlus

@Iridium: Thor has no feats to suggest he's a better or even as good a combatant as Superman is. Let alone in terms of boxing. Where Superman has actual boxing related feats.

and pressure point attacks and combat training with wonder woman.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By cascadeking09

I'm going with Superman.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Dex_Starr

@difficlus said:

Well since this is a boxing match I don't think Supes is going to use pressure points.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By difficlus

@difficlus said:

Well since this is a boxing match I don't think Supes is going to use pressure points.

just pointing out general better fighting prowess.

Avatar image for hulktheultimate
HulktheUltimate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By HulktheUltimate

As much as I dislike superman... Well, thor rarely fights w/o his hammer. I think it is pretty obvious who wins.

Iridium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Iridium

@difficlus said:

@difficlus said:

Yea, I don't know. Thor has millennia of combat experience and, while I am still trying to find a scan or something, there are references to him not only holding his own, but perhaps getting the upper hand on Captain America while Thor was 'de-powered'. Plus I think it was Thor 500, he was smacking down Asguardian trolls and ice giants purely on fighting ability (he gets his power back later in that issue then really cleans house).

Whereas there are multiple example of Superman being on the losing of fights while depowered. Not that he is a chump, just in a different class, in my opinion. When I think of Thor's fighting prowess I think more along the lines of Wonder Woman's.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By difficlus

@Iridium said:

@difficlus said:

@difficlus said:

Yea, I don't know. Thor has millennia of combat experience and, while I am still trying to find a scan or something, there are references to him not only holding his own, but perhaps getting the upper hand on Captain America while Thor was 'de-powered'. Plus I think it was Thor 500, he was smacking down Asguardian trolls and ice giants purely on fighting ability (he gets his power back later in that issue then really cleans house).

Whereas there are multiple example of Superman being on the losing of fights while depowered. Not that he is a chump, just in a different class, in my opinion. When I think of Thor's fighting prowess I think more along the lines of Wonder Woman's.

all that "thousands of years of combat experience" is all talk and no walk. Wonder Woman actually takes down opponents using purely skill. its actually portrayed (like in her fight with power girl). Thor usually brawls and slugs it out.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By TifaLockhart

Superman went from losing to a fat Luthor with one hand (Jurgens' era) to taking down Kobra (sometime around the 2000's).

I don't get it. Also, just after The Final Night, some kid remarked how his grandma could throw a brick harder and more accurate too.